Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

On Abadar's Secret Service (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

A game of colonization and exploration in a new land with new dangers and threats.


301 to 350 of 1,224 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Krupt:
You begin to analyse the paladin's blood sample, as well as observe and examine the party members and colonists. You don't note any overt physical symptoms, but in a small number of the colonists you note a slight smell of sulfur. They explain it away by saying they were working with lumber and constructing buildings, so it's probably just the smell of hot wood. They don't seem to be incapacitated in any way.

As investigations continue, the colonists gather outside for the evening meal, and Sister Mara leads them in a simple prayer for the safety and success of their venture. You note that some of the veggies in the stew seem to be the same ones left at the gate that morning...


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Sickness.

Another word for disease or plague.

Lena stood staring at Songan as he explained what had occurred between himself and the badgers. That was how mother went she thought now its got me. The plague which had ravaged the slums of Absalom all those years ago took everything Lena had at the time. However, it had also given her the opportunity to find Abadar. She wouldn't let some invisible infection take her new life from her as it had done before.

"Gathering funds eh Krupt? I can see to that"

Lena will make some inquiries around the colony to see if anybody is likely to have money to spare or even better ingredients to supply which could be used to craft antidotes. Keeping the news of the plague secret is of paramount importance and Lena will err on the side of caution when asking questions and try not to give anything away.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
and
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

I can roll twice using 'follow up' and use both results


Lena:
There's not much money to be found. Mostly because, well, what would you buy? The colony is scheduled to reintroduce a coin system at some point in its third year, but for now? No cash.

There is, however, some squirreled away ingredients which could be used for potion making. In addition you manage to meet a very lovely young woman who makes barrels and wood-craft that seems to be an accomplished herbalist as well. Her name is Tiana and she's willing to help by gathering herbs, if someone will guard her. Of course, she thinks you're just replenishing the herbal supplies that were lost in the ship explosion, right?


Sister Mara pales a bit when you tell her of what you learned. Then she sets her shoulders and reckons that you ought to go ahead with this Agreement you spoke of, since it might safeguard the current colonists. Then she suggests that the colony should be secured, then a search for the Mayor and colonists can be undertaken.

"If he was taken alive, then they must want him that way. Let us pray that they keep that way as well."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)
Leralt Littlehorn wrote:


"I have no problem helping you Krupt. But I will not be subjected to any test, samples, or observations. If we find a cure then I will take with everyone else, if not then it is of no issue."

Krupt's pacing and fiddling with equipment comes to an abrupt halt. He turns and regards Leralt, arching one eyebrow.

"Well, well, well...that was a vehement refusal. I'd not be surprised if our little detective was set to salivating over such a mystery. What secret is our esteemed arcanist determined to protect that he balks when asked to help prevent a plague? The possibilities boggle the mind. Well, every mind but mine, as I don't give an imp's bottom what it is. Very well, if you won't help that way, you can assist me in the lab. I'll want to consult you on matters arcane and extraplanar."

Without another word on the matter, he gathers his gear and heads to the building where his equipment is set up, not bothering to look back and see if Leralt is following.

Later, after time spent in research:

Dr. Krupt has tested each member of the party (excluding Leralt) and taken blood and tissue samples for analysis, along with some colonists under the guise of a routine physical examination. He takes copious notes, but when asked of the results he simply replies "Inconclusive at this time. I'll do another round in a week, unless obvious symptoms become apparent in the population."

Lena: I suppose "funds" wouldn't be the proper term, as we've nowhere to buy supplies. We'd be raiding the colony stores for any necessary ingredients.


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt does not follow. The chelaxian needed to learn his place, entitlement would not be allowed, at least not by him. He goes back to the tomes in the library he had claimed. He needed to get familiar with daemon's and magical plagues. Necromancy was a school of magic that made use of disease.

"If anyone needs me I will be in what passes for a library."


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Songan nods to Sister Mara's directive regarding the agreement. "I have the same thoughts. Please remember to spread the word among the colonists' that they are to avoid taking any local game besides swine and birds. Even a single violation of this accord is likely to remove any hope we have of peaceful coexistence with the People."he answers.

He begrudgingly submits to Dr. Krupt's collection of a blood sample, remarking dryly that it seemed he had gotten his Catfolk blood sample in the end despite his initial trepidation.

At the evening meal, Songan seems reluctant to eat the stew initially, first consulting with Sister Mara to see if they had first been tested for disease or poison. He had neglected to ask Tarquin if he knew from where the bounty had come. He also agrees to go with Catila to the strange circle the next day and also inquires of her, and everyone else, to see if any besides himself speak Sylvan. Regardless of the answer, he suggests that he and any others who are fluent in the Fae tongue begin teaching it to the others in case they should meet one of the People without those fluent being present.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Catila does indeed turn a now familiar to all expression of curiosity on Leralt when he refuses to give a blood sample so conclusively. However she doesn't say anything, for now allowing the mage to keep his secrets. The colony had far more urgent matters to deal with. She was unlikely to forget about it though.

The Detective submits to giving a blood sample easily, watching the whole process with great interest and asking many questions about blood, how it's tested and so forth until asked to stop.

She thanks Songan for agreeing to come with her and praises him on his idea to teach everyone Sylvan adding "Yes, I actually speak more than one dialect of Sylvan. Have you ever heard the Aklo tongue? But yes, from your experience it seems that Sylvan should suffice for our communication needs with the People. I will be happy to help teach it to all who wish to learn."

OMB, how have the recovery efforts gone to retrieve things from the sunken ship?


The recovery efforts have yielded a couple of sea chests, a crate of iron ore, a large wardrobe meant for the Mayor's home and half of a ballista. The rest can be fabricated easily, given time. The rest of the lost supplies are either too deep to easily dredge or were destroyed beyond repair by the explosion.

Is there anything anyone would like to do over night? Or shall we skip ahead to morning?


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt will look thru the tomes to see if anything is of use or help. Search the library too in case anything was hidden there. Other then that he now lives there, unless their is a empty tower to move in xP


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

I'm good with skipping to the next morning.


The night passes quietly, with the guards noting no activity, save a strange snuffling in the woods nearby that soon was revealed by moonlight to be a pack of pigs, apparently formerly domesticated and now gone feral. Perhaps this is why the pigs were excluded from the People?

The morning dawns bright and cool, with a misting of dew across the ground. No bounties await you at the gates, but there is an odd subdued feeling to the colony, as if the calm before the storm.

What are your plans for the day?


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

After the usual morning ritual, Lena meets up with the others to discuss plans and puts her ideas forward.

"Seeing as we have an accord of sorts with The People, maybe we should try and learn more about the bleachlings and this daemon? Perhaps we should all go to the strange circle that was found or scout further afield?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

"A sound plan. I've learned all I can about the infected for now. More information about the progenitors of this disease would be the next logical step." The doctor sounds chipper despite the impending death and eventual undeath of the entire colony looming in the future.

Dr. Krupt will have the dart he envenomed with blue whinnis at hand and will apply poison to a second before the group departs.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

During the Night
When word reaches her of some of the previous Mayor's effects being found, Catila decides to look through them. She considers asking permission from the current mayor, but quickly dismisses the idea, falling back on the old axiom 'better to ask for forgiveness than permission'.
She'll be taking 20 on her perception check to search through the wardrobe and all the rest of the mayor's effects

NOW

"That's an excellent idea Lena. Since it seems the colony is in no immediate danger, I believe the colony can spare all of us who wish to go exploring. We can investigate further the and the 'moving rocks', which is where I suspect my Bleachling cousins may hail from."


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

"I heard that there were some pigs moving about last night. I suggest we go after them if time permits or send a hunting party, not only will they add to our food but it may show our neighbors that we our respectful, as well as keepers of our word."

Hopefully some of the group knew the value of manners and proper etiquette.

I guess Leralt wasted his time.


Catila's Midnight Wardrobe Search:
A thorough search of the wardrobe reveals a lot of utilitarian clothes, one well-hidden lacy silk lady's undergarment, a waterlogged journal with the ink blurred beyond legibility and hidden in a false bottom of the wardrobe, a scroll case.

Inside the scroll case, which is thankfully waterproof, is a letter from the original discoverer of the island detailing an encounter he had with a small pale man. The account is disjointed and seems to be colored by fever. He speaks of a warning that this island was a sacred trust, not to be defiled by heretics. He mentions something about ancient battles, imprisoned evil and a legacy of blood. The letter is stained and torn, and seems to have gone through some trauma. An attached note states, in firm and legible handwriting, that this letter was found amongst the belongings of the late Uriah Parker, the discoverer of the island, who committed suicide shortly after returning to civilization. The letter continues: "We believe that Parker might have had contact with some sort of native disease or poisonous berries. No further exploration of the island revealed any native humanoids, only an abundance of wildlife. However, given the nature of the disappearance, we thought it prudent to inform you of this information." It is signed by the Archcanon.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Catila nods I'm agreement to Leralt's suggestion, her mercurial Gnomish moods suddenly turning more serious, she pulls out a scroll and says "Before we leave, there is another matter. I took the liberty of investigating the mayors belongings last night and I found this." and she unravels the scroll and begins to read.

Read the spoiler. She does Not however tell anyone about the ladies panties she found. OMB, did the panties have any identifying markings on them? And did they seem sized for a lady, or were they more, ah, the first Mayor's size?

Once finished, expression still grim she says "It looks like there's more going on here they we've been led to believe and I for one am not at all happy to learn that such information was known to the Archcannon but kept from us. Although, I don't suppose there's too much we can do about it now. I do agree that this information must be kept from the colonists though, as for them to learn now that our mission may have been doomed from the start might shatter the little confidence they've built up so far."


Catila's Discovery of Golarion Cross-Dressing:
Um, definitely the mayor's size. Displays a bit of stretching in key places...


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

"I'm not much of a hunter, but I wouldn't say no to a rasher of bacon should someone with more skill wish to kill some pigs."


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

He listened and read the notes.

"Is it really so surprising that those with greed would overlook caution as a result."

He holds up a hand before any of the faithful could speak.

"I mean no offense, it is a observation of the failings of men nothing more. Yet this does not mean that colonist are heretics simply by being here. It sounded more like he was giving notice, heretic is a subjective term. We simply have to find what makes us heretics, I doubt it is something such as our gods. Not all of us worship the same god or even any god at that yet we are targeted without exception. Maybe the key to our heretic status may be a lack of agreement with the People. In which case gaining one may solve our problem or at least some of it. This is all theory, more information is needed I think. Still it is something to build on."


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Before addressing the letter's contents, Songan first expresses his own view of what to do about the wandering swine: "Feral pigs are not going to be as meaty or as easy to capture as their domestic counterparts. I may also suggest trying to corral some members of the herd...a single male that looks to be in good health and a number of females, then begin trying to re-domesticate them. If it can be done, it would be possible to raise a substantial drove from those numbers. In a year or two ten sows can birth over a hundred piglets; it wouldn't take long for those to grow to decent size if fed well. I'm not opposed to taking a few pigs now for some bacon or ham or what-have-you, but trying to re-domesticate some members of the population would also be wise when looking to the future."

"With regard to the letter that you found, Catila...it is unfortunate that such information was hidden from us, regardless of the Archcanon's reasons for that. As you say, though, there is little to be done about it now save to discover what secrets this island yet contains. For now I think our next step should be to go out to the circle you found yesterday to try and recover the remaining bits of tablet you spoke of to me. However, we should leave some people behind, at least one who can speak Sylvan, so that should the People attempt to communicate with us again here we will not be caught off-guard. I do not know when their Council is going to get back in touch with us, but it could be any moment."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Krupt couldn't help but let a smirk cross his face. Leave it to the Abadarians to inform the local politico but not the ones charged with the defense of the place. Typicial, he thought. The good doctor shrugged his pack into a more comfortable positon, adjusting the straps.

"I'll go. I've no way to communicate with them, and furthering my investigations requires more information. Being called a heretic isn't so bad. I get that from nearly all clergymen eventually, once they get to know me. That's why I was so eager to leave Cheliax in the first place."


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

"I cannot speak Sylvan either, and although I am more at home in the streets of a town, its probably time I got more accustomed to the wilderness"


Male Half-Orc Paladin of the Sacred Shield 4

Mevakh raises a brow at the mention of heretics. "The entire purpose of this expedition is to spread the tenets of Abadar through proper civilization. However, the Master recognizes that each settlement has its own needs. We would be well within Abadar's laws to make an agreement with the People, so long as we make the agreement in good faith and follow it faithfully. This is no heresy. The author of the letter likely meant something different, or did not understand Abadar's laws."


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt shakes his head at Mevakh, he did not like having to repeat himself.

"Heretic is a subjective term. Chelaxian's for example consider anyone who does not worship Asmodeus to be a heretic. Abadarian priest may consider Gozreh worshipers as heretics if they support nature over civilization. It is the view point of the speaker that matters when placing such a word, for a heretic is opposed or in direct conflict to the faith of the one using that word. This says something about the speaker. Anyways the author was repeating what he encountered, it is not his opinion rather more of a statement of what he witnessed. It was etheir the bleachling we met or one of his group that gave that warning. The problem is finding out the details of why we are considered heretics to them. Otherwise we will end up like the other colonist, I am sure none of them thought of themselves as heretics but that did little good."


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

Orin decides not to get involved in the brewing debate.

"I feel that the colonists themselves should be more than capable of performing a boar hunt, if they so choose.

@Catila: "I'm itching to go investigate those stones we saw yesterday. I'm almost positive that I saw one of them move and my curiosity demands satisfaction."


Wilds
Once again a band of adventurers are chosen and head out into the jungles. Today the air is thick with heat and humidity, even before you reach the jungles and flying insect swarm the air, biting and stinging. For every one you kill seven take its place and soon you're itching madly as you tromp along, soaked with sweat.

You reach the treeline where you saw the stones at just before midday and begin to head into the jungle. Soon enough the jungle is so thick that you must break out swords to hack through the thick vines to clear a path, all save Orin, who seems unperturbed by the vines and indeed, leaves no trail behind him to follow.

However, for all its difficulty, the jungle is beautiful. It's full of bright flowers and multi-colored vines that hang and twist in the few patches of sunlight.

Perception checks, please!

Fort
Who has stayed behind?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

As he trails along behind the group, allowing those with big blades to hack a trail, Dr. Krupt examines the flora as he goes, occasionally pausing to cut a flower or leaf to take as a sample. Sometimes scratching a quick note before pressing it between the pages of his journal.


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

Wilds

Perception(Grimfang): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Perception(Orin): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male Half-Orc Paladin of the Sacred Shield 4

As is his nature, Mevakh stays behind to protect the colonists from danger. The jungle, for all his orcish blood and its feral wildness, is not a place he naturally longs to go. Mevakh was raised in a city and, despite the dark memories of Cheliax, finds wooden buildings and stone streets to be much of a comfort. He wanders about the city, decked in his armor and shield in order to better protect its inhabitants, and speaks to any citizen who will talk to the towering, bestial figure.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Knowing herself to one of if not the only other to speak Sylvan, the dimunitive detective has no intention of remaining behind and says so, adding "Surely they'll be alright for a few hours. And, not knowing what we face out there, I think we should present our full strength."

She too stays out ofthe debate and is happy when they all leave. Leading the others first to the circle and watches impatiently as Songan retrives the other fragments. Giving them only a cursory look to see if they are in a language she knows and scanning them for magic before she stuffs the stone pieces into her bag.

As they make their way through the jungle Catila, having situated herself in the middle of the group, hums a jaunty tune, causing everyone to feel more alert and aware
+1 to...ah, u know the drill

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

This time Songan follows Catila and the others out into the wilds, wanting to help with the recovery of the bits of tablet that were mentioned to be inside the daemon circle.

Before they go, though, he checks to make sure that at least one person who can speak Sylvan will be staying behind at the fort; so far as he can tell, the only person besides he and the gnome who can speak the Fae tongue is Leralt, so he specifically requests that he stay behind in the fort today, both because it would allow him to continue his research and because it would leave someone capable of communicating with the People there.

Songan, using his Mage Hand spell, retrieves as many of the tablet fragments from within the circle as he can, before following the rest of the group, trusting they were heading out to where they thought stones were seen to be moving, keeping a keen eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10
Or not....


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt would have rather not stayed, being the only mage he knew what to look for.

"Just remember to take notes and bring back anything you dont know of. Oh and I will say I told you so if you should meet a member of those People."

With that he heads back to the library, these People would not send anyone into town or such. More likely they would catch the group out in the wild with in their domain if they choose to answer today. Most fey and nature worshipers avoided settlements of any kind.


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Very well, we have a town guardian and a translator staying behind, so Lena will suit up and accompany the others out into the jungles. She stays at the fore, using her heavy falcata to clear a path when necessary. When the trail is clear, she will carry her crossbow loaded and be wary of danger.

Perception 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14
apparently with her eyes closed..


Leralt is welcome to join the wilds team if he wishes.

Wilds

Pausing at the dead circle, Songan is able to retrieve several pieces of the clay thing, which Catila gathers and begins to attempt to piece back together. It shortly becomes apparent that this was not a tablet, but rather a statue, depicting some sort of humanoid holding a scroll. Upon the scroll words are carved, but it will take some time to piece the statue together well enough to read them...

As the band of explorers hacks through the forest, Dr. Krupt drops behind to collect samples of flowers and plants as he goes. His patience is rewarded, as he finds several distinct specimen that he believes may prove useful to his research. However, his attention is elsewhere as something long and serpentine drops on him from above!

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The creature bites into Krupt with a beaked maw, tearing a chunk from his shoulder and leaving a slimy trail as it falls to the jungle floor. Similar thumps from behind him tell that three more of the creatures have dropped down from the jungle vines to attack. The creature looks snake-like, but thicker, all ropy-muscle and slimy green skin made to blend expertly into the jungle foliage. It's the head that distinguishes it: four clawed tentacles surround a wicked beak, which is stained red with Krupt's blood.

Initiative:
Creature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Krupt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Lena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Songan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Catila: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Orin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Order:
Lena 19
Songan 16
Krupt 16
Orin 13
Creatures 11
Catila 11

Actions for Round 1, please. No need to post in order, I will sort it out.


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

Wilds

Round 1, Init 13

Orin and Grimfang Focus on an enemy, setting up flanking positions. Orin draws his sword as he moves into position and attacks with Grimfang darting to slash with his teeth.

Grimfang:

Attack: Bite +4 (1d6+2 plus Trip)
--------------------
Defense
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15
hp 30
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2

Orin Attack:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
Crit Confirm:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage(if crit):2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5) + 6 = 16

Grimgfang Attack:1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25
Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Trip(if possible):1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Round 1, Initiative 16, 16/23hp

Dr. Krupt gives a high, shrill shriek of fear and pain, leaving only the deaf unaware of his danger. His journal and inkpen fall forgotten to the forest floor as he scrambles for a vial at his belt, popping it open and gulping it down.

Question, as this is the first alchemist I've played: Extracts are treated like spells, does this mean an alchemist can use them defensively in the same way that a spellcaster can cast defensively, to avoid attacks of opportunity? If so, that's what Krupt does.

Defensive extract drinking: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23. Krupt downs an extract of shield, raising his AC to 15.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

"Orin! Songan! What are these things??" Catila yells, despite the threat her agile mind still, as always, questing for answers. Thinking the small snake-like creatures might be hard to hit with a sling she instead moves into range and whistles in a high pitch and points her finger, sending a ray of ultrasonic sound slamming into the thing
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23
Sonic Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Her Careful Teamwork song also gives +1 to Initiative for everyone


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

At Dr. Krupt's shriek, Songan jumps immediately away, spinning on his heels and quickly raising his bow and bringing it to bear. He pauses before firing at Catila's yell, taking a brief moment to try and identify the creatures that have attacked them. He adjusts his aim swiftly to avoid shooting into the melee that Orin and Grimfang have waded themselves into, not wanting to risk shooting either of them in the rigamarole.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Attack (w/ PB Shot): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18
Damage (if hit): 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

Good call Catila

Knowledge(nature):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)
Gellius Krupt wrote:


Defensive extract drinking: 1d20+7. Krupt downs an extract of shield, raising his AC to 15.

Erm, make that AC 17, not 15.


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Actually my initiative is +5 with Cunning Initiative, not that it matters as I go first

Round 1 initiative 19

Hearing Krupt's scream, Lena spins around. She will move to engage one of the creatures, hopefully either flanking with one of her allies or moving so that one of them may flank next turn. 

Falcata 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Sneak attack (if possible) 1d6 ⇒ 2

If there's also time she will try to search her mind for information on the strange creatures:
Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Knowledge (dungeoneering)1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Everyone, If you do not already have your initiative clearly marked on your character sheet, I need it there now. Thank you.


Order:
Lena 25
Songan 17
Krupt 17
Orin 14
Catila 12
Creatures 11

ROUND 1:

Though Lena's attack is skilled, the writhing serpentine thing is quicker, moving to dodge her attack. She wracks her brain and realizes she has heard of things like these: gricks. Though usually found underground, these seem to be a jungle adapted species. She recalls their skin is especially tough and that the creatures are at least semi-sentient.

Songan's arrow skips off the creature's beak, nearly causing a wound. He ponders his knowledge of fauna, but the only thing he can see is that this is clearly a jungle-adapted species.

Dr Krupt darts defensively as he prepares an extract before downing it in one gulp. A hazy aura surrounds him, toughening the air around his body.

Orin and Grimfang both land blows on the creatures, but its hard skin seems to resist both tooth and sword. Grimfang's efforts to trip the thing meet with no success, as it is as slippery as a snake: twisting it over doesn't seem to phase it.

Catila's sonic blast is the most effective by far, as the blast of solid sound hits the creature and shakes it, leaving a large bruised spot on its side. It hisses in pain and turns toward Catila!

Grick #1 continues to attack Dr Krupt, lashing at him with beak and tentacles!
Attack (beak): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Attack (tentacle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack (tentacle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attack (tentacle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack (tentacle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
The beak and one tentacle land, scoring more flesh from the good Doctor!
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (4) + 1 = 9

Grick #2 charges at Catila, its beak open for a bite of tender gnome flesh!
Attack (beak, charge, -2 AC): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Fortunately for the gnome, its charge is interrupted by a downed branch and its attack snaps well short of the gnome's flesh!

Grick #3 snaps and reaches for its tentacles at Orin!
Attack (beak): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Attack (tentacle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Attack (tentacle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Attack (tentacle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attack (tentacle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Only the creature's beak is able to snap hold of the elusive druid, doing 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage!

Grick #4, eager for a meal of its own, snaps at Lena as its tentacles lash!
Attack (beak): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Attack (tentacle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Attack (tentacle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attack (tentacle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Attack (tentacle): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Lena's luck and skill combine to keep the beast at bay, although it is close in several moments!

Round 2:
Actions, please!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Round 2: Init 17, AC 17, hp 7/23

Krupt cries out in pain as the creature tears into him despite his increased defenses. Discretion being the better part of valor, he retreats from his opponent.

Withdraw action, 30 ft. move, whatever direction that will allow him to avoid any AoO from the other three.


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

"GAH! Gricks!"

Lena takes a 5 ft. step back away from Grik #4 and brandishes her holy symbol of Abadar

"Back to your holes beasts!" She proclaims as she casts bane on the 4 monsters[/b]

(-1 to all attacks and saves vs. fear for the Grikcs)


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

Wilds

Round 2, Init 13

Seeing that neither he nor Grimfang can do any damage. The pair of them perform withdrawal actions and move 40' away from the gricks.


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Songan raises his bow into the air, shouting encouragement to his companions in the form of the ancient tale of the hero Geoff, who single handedly defended the small town of Beaver Hollow from a group of invading worm-like creatures that burrowed 'neath the ground.

Initiate Bardic Performance (Inspire Courage): Round 1


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Catila's attack was a ranged touch, so she should have been around 30' away. Did anyone get a AoO on the thing that attacked her?

And OMB, I think there may have been some misunderstanding, for you didn't mean to indicate Orin and Grimfang'a 7hp damage attacks did nothing to the Gricks at all, did you?? Also, you do recall we're just wee 3rd levelers, right? Just sayin ; )

K dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Still having no idea what the things are or what to do about them despite Lena yelling their name, Catila neatly skips back away from the creature, back-pedalling quickly while firing another sonic blast at the plant like snakey thing.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Move strategically 20' away from the thing but hopefully near an ally.
Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Seeing the untested-as-yet-in-battle-together party scatter she yells out "We must concentrate our might on these creatures and take one out together before focusing on the next! If we try to fight them one on one we're finished!"

Seems like this will be a tough fight boss, if possible a map might really help us out

STATS
Round 2 Init 12
AC 17 HP 19(19 F/R/W 1/6/4 CMD 12
Buffs: Careful Teamwork, Inspire Courage
Special: +3 vs fear/despair, +4 vs illusions

301 to 350 of 1,224 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / On Abadar's Secret Service All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.