Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

On Abadar's Secret Service (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

A game of colonization and exploration in a new land with new dangers and threats.


601 to 650 of 1,224 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Songan will check the colonist he yanked back into the cave to make sure he is alright, then will make his way back through the group, checking on everyone to make sure that everything is alright with the colonists. After he has made his check, he will address them all:

"Your attention, everyone! I am glad to see that everyone is safe and there are no injuries among us as a result of the collapse of the Mayor's manor! I know that we've endured a great deal of hardship since coming to Abadaria, only to see it capstoned by this storm of enormous power! Myself and the others who have pledged your protection understand the suffering that has been endured by each and every one of you, and you have our respect and admiration for being so willing to tough it out!"

"This storm, this hurricane, will undoubtedly have caused great damage to the buildings of the colony, perhaps even the wall itself! But I beseech you all to take heart and be not discouraged! Let us not look at this as a disaster, but as a blessing of Abadar! The old has been washed away by this storm! Whatever occurred to the previous colonists, whatever remnants may have been left by their presence, this storm has surely blown halfway to Varisia! This will no longer be a colony begun by others, which we have only moved into! This will be OUR colony, with OUR buildings, with OUR walls! And years from now, when the rest of Golarion looks at Abadaria and sees a shining jewel in the ocean, it will not be seen as a failure or a disaster, but as a triumph of the people who refused to relent, to give up, to surrender, even in the face of all adversity! When this storm ends, let us return to the surface, not just to Abadaria but to our home, and make it even better than before!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Well that was kinda...mediocre. Uncharacteristic for everyone's favorite feline.


Male Half-Orc Paladin of the Sacred Shield 4

Aid Another - Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Mevakh stands to his full height as he exits the cave, stretching and quietly thanking Abadar for the colonists' safety. "Songan is correct, friends. One may ask how Abadar allows a storm to destroy a city, as if nature is not something that can be controlled. However, it is not the city that makes up civilization - it is the people. Look around you! The people of Abadaria are safe and have the opportunity to prosper."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Dr. Krupt will help by not adding anything at all, so as not to undo any morale boosting going on...


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Peeking out through a small hole in the wall, Catila is fascinated by the storm, by it's power, by thoughts and speculations on what forces must combine to create such a primal force of nature. Her Gnomish mind also spins ideas on how to harness such a magnificent power source and so on. It is only when she is almost the last person left in the building does she finally snap to and get moving into the cellars.

After the storm is done, when Songan tries to rebuild the hope and pride of the colony, she adds to his efforts by telling a tale of a brave village, beset again and again by enemies and tragedies, and how they never give up, always rebuilding bigger and better, in the spirit of true Abadarians, until it became one of the biggest, most powerful and most famous cities in the world. It is a true story and at the end she calls on the crowd to guess which place it is she refers too, she offers a prize of 5 gold pieces to whoever guesses right.
I'll let you decide who wins and what city it is OMB ; )

Perform: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

PS, was there any result from Catila's Profession(detecctive) roll of 21 earlier?


As Songan, Mevakh and Catila rally the troops, Dr Krupt, Leralt and the others keep an eye on the sounds of the storm. The rain seems to be lessening, with brief periods of calm getting longer and longer. The colonists, while saddened by the loss of the fort, seem buoyed and somewhat excited by the prospect of rebuilding to their own specifications and are soon embroiled in discussion and debate over what buildings should be built where and when.

Catila, still keeping a close eye on the colonists, does notice something out of the ordinary.

Catila:
At first you almost dismiss it, but you see a slight flash of motion among the colonists' legs. Catila moves slightly each time she sees the movement, and eventually ends up near a group of colonists discussing the mess hall, their heads together and packs at their feet containing their few worldly possessions. It's then that she spots a small weasel, sleek and black in color, with bright, intelligent purple eyes, and oddly enough, wearing a small pouch as a makeshift backpack. It crawls carefully to one of the backpacks, ruffles through it silently and pulls out what appears to be a silver medallion. It examines it closely, then slips it into the pouch, which seems to swallow the medallion and chain. Then it moves onto the next backpack, rifling though it in search of treasure. It hasn't noticed that it's been spotted and you can see why: it's almost supernaturally stealthy.


With the storm finally moving off, you emerge from the caves to a world changed. The buildings are gone, transformed into piles of soaked wreckage. The walls are mostly intact, though huge gaps show now from where the storm has blown down and destroyed sections of it. Everything is covered by sand and water, and sea weed is draped everywhere, like garland.

Perhaps most odd is the wrecked ship, which is now beached half in and out of the water, having been swept by the churning waves onto the beach.

As the colonists emerge, they blink and stare openly at the scene of carnage. Above you a noonday sun peers through diminishing clouds and a strong smell of damp and seaweed permeates your nose. It seems that the worst of the storm is passed, but it will be a lot of work before anything is rebuilt. It looks as if you're camping under the stars tonight.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

"Well...this is spectacular. Beset by disease, monsters, and a terrible curse, the gods have seen fit to send a storm to knock our houses down. Truly they are deserving of our prayers." Krupt takes a piece of seaweed off some debris and examines it. Then looks around and gives a shrug.

"At least we'll have an easier time hauling anything else useful out of the ship. I'm going to see if my lab is still in one piece."


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt wanted to smack the big mouthed doctor in the back of the head. If he kept running at the mouth they were going to have a panic, when people felt pressured they could justify anything. The mobs of Galt came to mind and that had been going on for years. Putting down his saved library he takes in the scene.

"Well we can dismantle the ship for material and such or repair it to make it sea worthy. Maybe recover anything else that washed ashore. But the wall should be the first thing repaired, we dont need to be more exposed then we have to. After that we can start clearing the area. Does that sound reasonable?"

He wondered if with the ship recovered the people would vote to go home and let this place be damned. Or at least come back better prepared given what they now know about it.

To bad Catila is MIA, she saw something. xP


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Earlier:

Intriguied and very, very curious as to whom or what the tiny little thief may be working for, Catila does not do anything to alert the weasel to her awareness of it. Huming a little song to herself to help increase her senses, she keeps a sharp eye on the creature to track where, or to who, it goes next.

While doing this she also summons 1d3 ⇒ 3 weasels of her own, to help keep an eye on the mini-burglar should it go somewhere she can't. Using her racial to communicate with animals she quietly instructs her three tiny helpers on what she wants them to do. She also uses her training to try and tell who may be paying attention to the weasel thief and bolsters this by singing a spell to determine which of the colonists may be thinking about it.

Focused on her target and pragmatic about her methods, she does not spare a second thought to the objections of some of her companions to using these exact same tactics to find the perpetrator(s).

Perception: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 = 24

Casts: Summon Minor Animal, Detect Thoughts-(DC16 Will to resist)
Uses Sp: Speak with Animals
(Links to Spells on Sheet)

Now

Still keeping her clandestine investigation her top priority, Catila leaves the tunnels with the rest of the colonists. Frankly amazed by the power of the hurricane, she stares around in wonderment. Not being of a particularly religious bent, she does not even think or consider the event to be any kind of direct action by the Gods, instead believing it to be a simple random act of nature. That said however, the probabilities do seem to be stacking up against the idea of all the calamities that have thus far befallen the colony in such a short time being random at all.

As Krupt makes his tactless comment, she frowns at him, thinking angrily 'What is wrong with that man? Does he truly have no sense of the emotional well being of the people, or anything other than the purely physical?'

Out loud she says "Leralt has the right of it. Let's divide into crews who can repair the wall, one to work on salvage and clean up, and one to prepare tents and food and such for the night. We have several hours until nightfall, so if we all work together, we should be able to have things in shape in plenty of time." as she speaks she continues to emit a sunny, positive energy.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Her mood in genuine,and it shows, as she does not see the damage as anything other than a minor setback.


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

"I agree wholeheartedly, Leralt. The wall is first priority. I would suggest getting several groups together who can begin taking some of the smaller bits of lumber and other flammable flotsam to the beach area, where the sun will be able to dry it out more effectively. Immediately after the wall, we're going to need a source of fire, for cooking, warmth, and further deterring of predators. The seaweed should be taken down to the beach, as well, and laid out in strips. Dried seaweed and, if possible, a few f@*~++s of wood should make it much easier to get a fire started." he adds.

Hopping up onto the closest pile of debris, he turns to address the group of colonists. "Catila is right! We need to split up into different groups to use our time before nightfall most efficiently! You fifteen..." he begins, pointing to the carpentry craftsmen that came on the ship with them, thankful now that none of them had been among those lost thus far,"...groups of three, each of you working on a different section of the wall. Pick a few colonists to help you gather materials to use for the job."

He continues, separating out other groups of colonists, choosing some to help search through debris for tools that are still useful, others to hunt for food that is still viable, still more to begin taking debris down to the beach to start drying. He doesn't send anyone beyond the walls of the colony yet, deciding that the safety of the colony is paramount over trying to find needed supplies outside the colony walls. There is plenty of lumber strewn about the ruined site for rudimentary repair work and he doesn't want people running around outside unless there is someone with combat training to go with them, just in case.

After he is through separating the colonists and giving them their work, he immediately goes to the nearest pile of debris, beginning to sift through it in search of wood that is of a good size for fires, tossing it out into a separate pile to be carried down to the beach to dry.


Catila:
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

None of the colonists are thinking of it, actually. You catch a lot of worry, mostly regarding the storm, some sexual thoughts, vanilla really, and some a lot of impatience, mainly coming from your colleagues. The only two minds that seem stand out show you the following:

Mind 1: "Intense concentration. Slowly, slowly, slowly. MUST GET THE SHINY! No one sees, no one hears, shinyshinyshinyshinyshinyshiny."

Mind 2" "Cut them, dice them, slice them, tear them, warm blood flowing down the chin, tasty tasty flesh tearing and ripping and oh so yummy."

The colonists cringe at Krupt's words, but seem buoyed by Leralt's pragmatism and Catila's excitement. Quickly you have two crews working to remove and separate useable wood from damaged wood, and one crew scouring the remains of the fort to find tents, food or anything else that might have survived. By the time night comes, you have a passable (for now) patch over the walls and tents and lean-to's constructed to provide shelter for the night. The cook, a large plump gent, has apparently found enough dried fish and vegetables to make a fish stew, which smells delicious after the hard day.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Catila's Investigation:

Hmmm, the spell seems vague on whether or not the thoughts can be tagged to a particular thinker. What's your take OMB?

Quite sure that the first set of thoughts belong to the weasel thief, Catila keeps the majority of her concentration on it, not letting the tiny burglar out of her sight or the sight of her three furry helpers.

Knowing she has help though, the second set of thoughts cause her some disquiet and she spares the occasional glance and concentration to try and pinpoint from whom (or what) it came.

So, basically she wants to track where the weasel goes next, and to where it ultimately ends up. She's quite sure it didn't create, and put on, that tiny magical backpack all by itself ; )

Feeling that there is more than enough hands to deal with the clean up and repair, she Catila approaches Orin and Mevakah, asking them if they wish to accompany her on a jaunt outside the colony, to see what other damage or interesting items the storm may have brought.

Even if she must go by herself though, she still bravely, or foolishly does. As he seems to have fallen into a leadership role, she does also inform Songan though of her departure.


Catila:
Hmm, given how many people are currently in the area, it would take some time to triangulate the correct person. Let's have a detective roll to see if Catila can sucessfully find the right person before the thought train ends.

As for the tiny thief, it ruffles through the pack, pulling forth a silver piece. Once its prize is stowed in its pack, it darts quickly to a crack in the dirt walls, where it disappears quickly. Unless you'd care to stop it?


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Adventure Tales of Catila Eyesquint, P.I. :

Profession(Detective): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Even though her summoned weasels would be able to follow it, they won't be around for long, so yes, she will move to stop it.

Reflex Save or Attack roll?

Ref mod+7
Attack mod +3
CMB mod +3
Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 13

If it looks like she has the time before it reaches the crack, she will first cast Disorienting Quake on the weasel.


Catila:
Before Catila can pinpoint the murderous thoughts, the weasel makes its move for the crack in the wall. Catila dives for it, upsetting several people who were sitting near the wall and manages to get her hands around its midsection, just behind the front paws. The weasel shrieks and squeals, kicking its feet and biting furious, though it can't quite get teeth into Catila.

"Put me down! Put me down! No grab Surrek! No grab Surrek! Surrek no do harm! Surrek no break the Accords! Surrek no break!" It shrieks in high pitched Sylvan!


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Songan tries to make sure one of the more combat-capable members of the group accompanies Catila out of the colony to make sure she stays safe. Throughout the day, the catfolk works hard, without a word of complaint, hoping that by his own actions he will spur the colonists on to further action.

By evening, he is exhausted, though satisfied with his work. Back in Absalom he didn't spend a great deal of time really working like this, and he is surprised by how satisfied he feels after a good day's work. The fish soup prepared by the cook is easily some of the best he has ever had, and he shovels it down his gullet hungrily, though does not ask for seconds, wanting to leave more for any colonists who may be feeling the effects of the day more strongly than him.

After dinner, he falls into a more traditional role, using his tales and oration to try and inspire the colonists and keep their morale high.

Perform (oratory): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

As night falls on the colony, Songan volunteers to stay on watch for a little while, climbing up on top of the wall and staring out over the jungle.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

I think it's safe to say that everyone would be aware of this incident by now, yes?

Earlier

"Well then!" Catila says in Sylvan as she holds up her prize, "It seems I've caught myself the thief, or at last a thief. Now, my name is Catila and you have some explaining to do little one, and quickly. Tell me Surrek, where are you from? Why have you been stealing from our people? And who sent you? Also, what Accord do you speak of?"

As she speaks she carries the little critter over to Songan and Leralt, allowing them to hear her end of the speech. She also Detects Magic on the weasel, trying to determine if it has a transformed creature, or if just it's backpack is magical.

Is there anything special she needs to do to hold onto Surrek?


For everyone: In the Past, where Catila has Caught a Thief:

The weasel looks a bit sheepish at his sudden captivity. "Alright, alright! Surrek will cooperate! You no have Accord with the People, so Surrek should not have to cooperate with you..." He mutters in an undertone, clearly upset at his situation. Catila, you note that his backpack is radiating moderate conjuration, but he is not radiating magic.

Surrek sighs. "Surrek is Surrek. No one sends Surrek anywhere! Surrek is Surrek's master! Surrek sees blind big feet stomping around, Surrek thinks new Big Feet are here again. Surrek come back to see if Surrek finds any shinies for Surrek's collection. Surrek love the shiny." He begins to make a deep thrumming noise, like purring and emits a musky smell. "Surrek is of the People. Surrek knows Big Feet no have Accord with People, so Big Feet is lawful prey for stealing. No harm the big feet, just take little things, shiny things. Big Feet not notice, for Surrek is Mighty Thief!" The little weasel, all black with white teeth and purple eyes, seems quite proud of his sneakiness!


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Hearing the weasel's words Leralt gives a smirk.

Sylvan:

"I see. So we are lawful prey then like any predator who takes on prey you are prepared for the price of failure. After all we have no Accord and so as a thief you are subject to our laws and not that of the People or those with whom they share an Accord. If we had an Accord then you would be subject to the laws and punishment of the People, aw sadly that is not the case."

Leralt gives Catila a wink. Switching over to Draconic to speak with her.

Draconic:

"It seems we have a chance to take advantage of our thief here. Not only to return what he has taken but use him as a bargaining chip to speed up the process of making an Accord with the People. We can show our respect by contacting them with this case as well as our willingness to play by their rules. Strictly speaking we have every right to deal with this thief in our way but it is best to use him, as he said he has harmed no one. As long as the items he has taken are returned I don't see why handing him over to the People to deal with would be of any disadvantage to us. Also if we gain an Accord then as our thief pointed out he would not prey upon us again in the future. Seems to me he has no desire to outright break their laws. What do you think?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

What's the state of the building where Gellius has established his lab?


The lab is gone. You might be able to salvage some equipment, but it will take a few days of digging through rubble and searching. The hurricane was not kind to science.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Dr. Krupt picks his way gingerly through the wreckage for a bit, gives a long-suffering sigh, and makes his way back to the others, navigating through mounds of seaweed and around obviously sick colonists. His interest is piqued upon sighting the captured weasel and he moves over to stand nearby and observe.


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Earlier

Songan folds his arms over his chest as he listens to the weasel offering his excuses, shaking his head as he kneels before he and Catila, who is holding him tightly so as to prevent his escape.

Sylvan:
"I am afraid you might perhaps be a little premature, Surrek. You see, while it is true that we do not currently have an Accord with the People, they are currently debating our entry into a Covenant with them. In the meantime, we have been keeping up with our end of the bargain we made with them to be certain that our petition is heard. Have you not been told this? We were told that none of those who had made an Accord with the People would disturb us during their time of debate. I have to wonder what they would think to know that one of their supposed allies had violated their end of the agreement..."


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

At Surrek's reply, a swell of affection and mirth swells up in her for the tiny Master Thief. Trying mightily to contain her mirth and put on a serious but contemplative tone she replies to the Songan and Leralt, clearly ignoring the weasel

Sylvan:
][/b]"But, my friends, what a predicament we are placed in. For we all know that by our laws, the crime of thievery is one of the most serious possible crimes. Why, the punishment would certainly seem most horrible and cruel to the People, would it not? But that is why it works and thievery is almost non-existent in our society. So, if we were to subject this thief to the dreaded Nictaklash Gorgrugla, why, it might result in war with the People!"[/b]

Pausing dramatically, she continues

Spoiler:
"But if we were to return this thief, this shrankarnak to the People, what terrible punishment might they inflict on him for almost causing a war between our peoples. And even at the best, it would be terribly damaging to our negotiation efforts. If only, if only there was...some other solution. Some way to avoid such outcomes..."
as she speaks, the lyrical tone of her voice is enchanting, almost song like.

Performance(sing):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Earlier

Surrek sways in Catila's hands, almost captivated by her words. "Nonono! Surrek no cause war! Surrek help! Surrek help! Surrek very useful, very smart! Surrek not want Nicklash Arugula! Surrek can help Big Feet! Surrek... Surrek even give back shinies, yes? Surrek show Big Feet secret place where Big Feet keep secret things, yes! No Big Feet in long time so Surrek take Secret Place, but Surrek show Big Feet now? Big Feet Forgive Surrek?" Suddenly the sneaky weasel's eyes get large and his paws come together in a penitent pose. Oddly it takes the Sylvan speakers a moment to notice that Surrek has suddenly slipped into Common, speaking with his high pitched cadence, but without any discernible difficulty with the tongue.


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Present
Lena looks out in wonder at the devastation caused by the hurricane. She had never really experienced nature or the wilderness during her life in Absalom, and the doctrine of Abadar had long ingrained the belief that civilisation and culture was of paramount importance. To see nature's fury first hand is an eye-opening experience for her. To see nature's fury utterly annihilate a holy site of Abadar has completely shook Lena to the core.

Dr. Krupt's comment probably could have come at a better time ;)

Lena turns to face Dr. Krupt on hearing his comment about the gods.
"Just remember why we are here Gellius, and to whom we owe our debts"

Once the initial shock has worn off, Lena will muck in with everyone else and help sort the wood into piles. Not wanting to admit that she's a bit out of her depth here, she follows Songan's confident lead and assists as best she can.

Earlier
Not understanding much of the strange little weasel's language, Lena tries to piece the conversation together by judging body language and intonation
Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29.
Boom

Once the weasel switches to Common, she waits for it to finish before asking
"War?"


Lena:
The little weasel is a liar, for sure, but it seems sincere in not wanting to be hurt, even to the extent of returning its treasures. You're not certain how far you can trust it beyond that, but it's not lying about a secret place it knows of, and the fact that someone from the first colony used it.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Still working to hide her mirth and affection for the small little sneak, Catila seems hesitant in her response "Well, I don't know Surrek, your crime is a very serious one amongst our people. But, well, yes, perhaps if you first show us this Secret Place, and we can then see first hand your sincere desire to repent for your crimes, we might come to an agreement."

Pursing her lips in thought for a moment she adds, "You know, we could also really use an Ambassador among the people for us. Of course such a position is greatly rewarded with many shinies and other valuables, but it also comes with great respect and responsibility so it's probably not something you are at all interested in."


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Earlier

Songan looks to Catila in shock at her mention of some strange punishment whose name she almost surely made up on the spot, hoping to further the affect, and was about to respond to Surrek once more, when he suddenly paused, his eyes widening in surprise. "Wait...you..you speak the Common tongue? Do ALL the People speak this language?" he asks, then seems a little curious as to why he'd be surprised. After all, there were humans here before. Even if they were the first they'd ever encountered, surely the People would've picked the language up from them at least at a basic level. They may've even known it from long before.

After Surrek's response, Songan will raise his hand to his chin, thoughtfully stroking the short fur there before coming up with what he hopes will be an acceptable addition to Catila's bargain. "I cannot speak for my comrades, Surrek, but I for one am willing to accept your apology and trust that there is no need to report this unfortunate incident to the People...provided you agree to two conditions. First: This 'secret location' of yours will be shown to us so that we may retrieve our property that was taken, as the illustrious Detective Catila Eyesquint here has already proposed. Second: As you can see, we are in dire need of repair to our colony here after the hurricane that struck us and, because of all the debris, we are having difficulty finding a lot of our old supplies and anything that may still be of value. You, Surrek, are not burdened by the same size as us Big Feet, though. You could help us find those things which are buried much faster than we could on our own. Would you be willing to assist us? I am sure we could afford to give you even more of our extra shinies, as Catila has said, if you help us in this manner. I would much rather we be friends and allies than enemies...it would be such a shame to subject a creature such as yourself to the Nictaklash Gorgrugla...I can think of few things more heinous. Chills me to the bone to think of it, it does."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

"'Big Feet.' Interesting how perspective is based on what's right in front of us. At his level, our feet are the first things he sees, so he calls us 'Big Feet.' One wonders what he'd call us if he were a bird. 'Big Heads?' 'The Beakless?' It seems a fairly common trait that otherwise intelligent creatures are so absorbed by what's in front of them that they fail to notice aught else..."


"Birdses call you hairy tops. Or poop catchers. Depends on which bird you talk to. Avoid the blue ones, they are very very mean." Surrek shoots his comment at Krupt, then returns to SOngan and Catila. "Ambassador Surrek? Sounds nice! How many shinies is we talking about? Other People not speak your monkey tongue. Other People speak faery scratchy tongue. Surrek very smart! Surrek watches Big Feet very closely, learns Big Feet tongue. Big Feet talk much when they not know Surrek listen. But Surrek agree: Surrek show you secret place, Surrek help you find useful tools, long as you not Nicklash Arugula Surrek! Deal?" Surrek sticks out one small paw in a passable imitation of a handshake.


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Barely able to suppress a slight grin at Surrek's comment, Songan extends one hand, particularly the pointer finger of that hand, allowing Surrek to grasp it as he reciprocates the handshake offered by the weasel. "I do not speak for the others, but you have an accord with me, Surrek. I am called Songan."


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Catila begins to frown slightly when Songan enters the negotiations, for at first it seems he is moving in a different direction than she had been aiming for. But then he steers back in a similar direction.

Distracted for a moment by Dr. Krupt's out of context, yet still interesting speculations, she turns back to Surrek to wait for his response. This time unable to completely suppress her amusement, especially as she watchers the tiny paw shake the cat man's paw, the corners of her mouth begin to rise slightly.

"Well then! I believe I can say it is a settled matter, Ambassador Serrek, for our Songan here speaks for we others much more than he realizes. " as she shoots a wink at her fellow adventurer "And if he says an accord has been made, I am quite sure all of us here shall abide it.

Now I know you of course understand that we would not want to force you into such a position of power and authority, so we shall wait until you have guided us to the secret place, and then show you all the shines and tasty food we shall provide you. Only then, when you have seen all your options, will you truly be able to make a free and informed choice as whether to be our honoured Ambassador or not."

With a look to the others that Surrek cannot see, blocking him as she does with her body, she gives her a look with her eyes to allow her to carry on with her play.

Looking back at the weasel she says brightly "So lead on my friend Surrek and let our new time together begin! I am Dr. Eyesquit, but my friends call me Catilia. Which way do we go?"

Waiting for her reply, despite the possible new nature or their relationship, she does not, for a moment, lessen her sure grip on the squirmy little creature.


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Weasel Interrogation

"Having an ambassador with The People is definitely a good idea" Lena speaks quietly to the others "But I don't know how far I trust this creature"

Treating with a talking weasel sneak-thief, whatever next?

Lena nods at Catila's wise words, waiting until we actually see this secret place before securing such a deal allows us to judge its honesty. But Lena does not mention this in front of Surrek.


"Hmmm. Must wait until storm passes. Entrance only from surface, very tight, very tight. Surrek fit, but big feet not fit. Big Feet use surface entrance. Soon as storm passes, Surrek take."

Now

Surrek, still held tightly by Catila, is lead to the surface. While the others survey the damage, he indicates that the entrance is adjacent to the wall, near where the trades building recently sat. He leads Catila to a spot of ground that appears perfectly normal to her eyes. "Now, press spot on wall, right there!" Surrek points at a knothole in the wood about two feet from the ground level.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Ever more curious and intrigued, Catila glaces at any who may have come with her. Then, still not fully trusting her captive, she peers closely to try and determine if there are any traps, magical or otherwise
Perception: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 1 = 31

If she sees nothing amiss, she then does as instructed, pressing the button.


Catila spends some time searching, during which the weasel squirms, clearly tiring of captivity. However she finds no traps that she can discern, and she feels rather confident in her abilities. With a sigh, she presses the button.

The ground at her feet suddenly wavers as a silent trapdoor opens inward. A ladder descends into the darkness, down at least 10 feet into the ground. She checks thoroughly, then descends the ladder. As soon as her foot hits the bottom rung, spectral glowing lights ignite and illuminate her surroundings. She is end the far end of a room 10 feet wide and 20 feet long. At the opposite end of the room is a door set in the middle of the wall, through which she can see another room, similar in size.

The room she is in is clearly a wizard's lab of some sort. Bookshelves line the walls, which are reinforced with stone, and a metal circle of pure silver in inset into the wooden floor. A large desk, a table and a pallet also fill the room. Everything is covered with a fine layer of dust, indicating that it has not been disturbed recently.

The far room is similar to the first, save it seems to be an alchemist's lab. Expensive glassware and bottles of chemicals line shelves, and a large stone table, clearly made for alchemy, sits in the center of the room. At the rear of the room several cages sit, made to hold animals of dog size or smaller.

"See! See! Surrek tell truth, lead big feet to secret place! Now Surrek Ambassador Surrek, get shinies?"


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt went in with Catila and finding a proper library and study seemed a blessing at last and a new path to answers.

"Well I think I found my new home for the time being. I think I will claim this place for myself. I dare say we also found the location from where our former mayor did all his work. That circle is likely a summoning circle and a fairly powerful one."

Casting a spell to detect magic he starts scanning the place as well as looking thru the books and items for more information.

"May want to check the items our little friend took as well. If luck is on our side we may even find another statue."

Cast detect magic.


Leralt:
Oddly, nothing in either room radiates magic, save the weasel's pouch that he uses as a backpack. And when you cast detect magic he suddenly seems to find an excuse to look anywhere but at you...


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Following Catila and Leralt into the pit, Lena helps by looking around both rooms for clues or anything of interest

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


Lena:
It's not what you find, but rather what you don't. No religious texts, no prayer books, no icons, no statues depicting gods. Simply wizardly texts and arcane books. How does a wizard impersonate a priest so effectively that the Arch-canon himself doesn't suspect him? Also, you find several spots where items used to sit, judging by the lesser amounts of dust in the spots, as well as small weaselly paw prints near the missing items...


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt strokes his chin.

"Well has anyone checked our little friends pouch. I think he is still hiding things from us. If that is so then he is breaking the Accord he just made with us is it not."

He wondered if the weasel was going to use the excuse of wording, if so he would use that same excuse about only making an Accord with one of them.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)
Leralt Littlehorn wrote:


"Well I think I found my new home for the time being. I think I will claim this place for myself. I dare say we also found the location from where our former mayor did all his work. That circle is likely a summoning circle and a fairly powerful one."

"Well, then it looks as if we'll be roommates. I'm going to need a new lab and this other room has facilities that appear rather adequate. I'll try to keep my comings and goings to a minimum so as not to disturb you overmuch," says Krupt with a smile.


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Songan follows the group diligently, glad to have secured the aid of a new companion and ally. He watches curiously as Catila searches the area Surrek indicated before finally deciding it is safe and pressing the button. The ground suddenly wavering when the trap door flipped inward cause his ears to swivel forward in curiosity, the felinoid clearly eager to see these new secrets.

When they descend the ladder into the chamber, his eyes already adjusting to the darkness up until the green spectral lights make it a moot point, his eyes go even wider and he gives a low whistle (or at least the closest approximation a Catfolk can manage). The sight of the place was awe-inspiring, to say the least. Certainly enough to greatly please Leralt and more than compensate Gellius for the loss of his previous equipment.

"How in the world did the former mayor smuggle all these things down here and build such an elaborate chamber with no one noticing? He had to do it in cover of night, but...a silver summoning circle? That's not exactly easily missed." he muses aloud as he also takes in their surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

At Leralt's interjection, Songan turns to look at Surrek, arching an eyebrow upward. "Oh? Is that so? It does not seem an excellent way to begin an Ambassador-ship, to be certain. Especially after avoiding such a horrid fate by the tip of one's tail. What say you, Surrek?"


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Both amazed, pleased and disturbed with their discovery of the hidden labs, Catila thinks to herself 'Just how many other secrets is this Island, or even this colony hiding from us?' typical to her nature though, the thought fills her not with disquiet, but excitement.

Looking around with the others, she pauses to look between the oft feuding Wizard and Alchemist adding "Perhaps we can construct another entrance directly into the other room. If it was done once, it shouldn't be too hard to do again.

As she continues to look around, she also considers what she remembers of the Trades building. Her line of thought wondering how it was that the clearly evil first Mayor had been able to come and go into his hidden lad without anyone being the wiser. Glancing at the alchemists lab she wonders, had he had help? Had there been more than one traitor in the colonists midst? Remembering the evil thoughts she had picked up on earlier, she wonders how many enemies might yet possibly lurk within the current colony.

Reminding herself to carefully search the ruins of the former trades building up above, out loud she says "Leralt, Dr. Krupt, can you tell if these rooms were used by just the former mayor? Or did he have an accomplice? Also, I would very much appreciate if you could carefully search both these rooms and let us know anything of import and interest you may find. If you should need any help in this, I'll be happy to do so."

Turning to Leralt again, she then looks at Surrek as she says "My mighty wizard friend makes a good point little one. Are you being completely honest with us? Or do we still have to consider...the 'Punishment Which Shall Not Be Named'? How can you expect to be our Ambassador and friend, and be greatly rewarded for it, if you are not completely honest with us Surrek? Perhaps I should just take a look in this little backpack of yours?" as she moves her hand to see how best to take the thing off.

As she does, she pays careful attention to the little predator's answer
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt listens to everything before answering. He ignores the doctor, yet again not knowing of what he speaks. He addresses Carila.

"It depends, wizards can master alchemy with little trouble. It comes rather naturally along side our arcane studies. He would not really need an accomplice, still no way to say for sure. But taken what we know and have uncovered I would say he at the very least knew how to create potions. I am tempted to say diseases, he may very well have created our current illness. Given what we have before us, he likely summoned a Leukodaemon and used it in some manner to create or maybe enchance his disease. Giving it both a natural and magical component, which I would guess makes it resistent to average means of destruction. After all we were exposed dispite everyone having been taken away. So it may be tailored to humanoids or even just humans sense the bonetakers seem unaffected. Unless they have an antidote or protection."

Leralt was becoming lost in thought and kept speaking to himself rather then anyone.

"The silver used in the circle is a known weakness of daemons, so that supports my summoning guess. But how did he make use of the daemon, if it was a binding then the outsider's body will not disappear. He could have killed it, using its body in the creation process. But more likely he may have used its knowledge or it's own ability to create diseases. That seems to make more sense. He would have kept notes as well as samples to perfect it, unleashing a half made disease and alerting its targets would be too risky."

Breaking out of his thought process.

"Aw well sorry about that my mind runs away sometimes. If he thought this place was safe he may have left something about this illness. I doubt he left his perfected work or final notes. If I were him those would be on me, in a personal book. But he could have left his progress and failures. That would help."

As an after thought.

"If your going to make a second entrance for him, do place a thick and sturdy wall between the rooms while your at it. I dont want the tomes exposed to any fumes or anything. Would make me feel better to know any explosions would not make it to my side as well."

He starts looking around the study part of the place.

Taking 20 on Perception, let me know if I need any other rolls. My Perception mod is +0 so anyone is welcome to help me. ;)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Krupt gives an elegant bow to Catila. "I shall wish to peruse the lab most thoroughly at any event. Leralt may well be correct. If this is where the plague was spawned, then this is the best place to find a cure. Should I find anything of interest, I'll let you know."

Dr. Krupt moves through the summoning chamber, taking care to avoid the circle, and moves into the alchemy lab to take a careful accounting of its equipment as well as any books or notes that appear to have been most recently or repeatedly used.

Taking 20 on Perception +7 = 27.

When he has finished there, he'll move back to the previous room and assist Leralt.


Surrek's look of innocence is almost comical in its extreme nature. "Surrek no lie! Surrek no hold out on Big Feet! Big Feet asked Surrek to show them Secret Place first! Not to show hoard AND secret place! Surrek planned to show hoard of shinies, just after Big Feet saw secret place like Big Feet wanted." He looks almost offended by the blasphemous slander against his good name. Finally he sighs, and without any sort of struggle whatsoever, slips free of Catila's grasp and drops to the floor. Once there, he holds up a paw as if to forestall any protests, shrugs off the pouch he wears on his back, opens it and tips it over onto the ground. What falls out is a mound of items clearly too large to fit in such a small bag...

- At least 50 assorted coins of silver, gold and platinum.
- A green glass jar of smelly ointment*
- A gold headband decorated with small blue and purple gemstones*
- A wooden box about the size of a shoebox, with several nautical themed carvings on it*
- A blue glass jar of fragrant herbs and lard, with wings painted on the label*
- An ivory wand with serpents carved into it*
- A glittering prism on a cotton cord*
- A stone, carved into a pentacle and mulberry-colored, that hovers over the ground when it lands*
- 4 potion vials*
- A statue of a grinning man with the head of a goat holding a tablet**
- A shortsword made of cold iron, covered in frost*
- A forge hammer, that looks exceedingly similar to one you've recently become acquainted with
- A mortar and pestle, masterfully made and covered in arcane symbols*
- Several unpolished gemstones of differing values and sizes
- Chips of onyx and volcanic glass
- A small bundle made of fur and tied with some sort of gut that rattles when it lands*

All items marked with an asterisk detect as magical, and the statue detects as familiar magic: another daemon trap.

Surrek looks almost wistful as the items fall out, his tiny paw twitching toward the items while he makes tiny regretful noises. He turns back to you, his shoulders slumped. "There. Big Feet take Surrek treasures. Big Feet happy now?"

Krupt:
Your thorough search reveals a pretty effective inventory of alchemical equipment, of the sort and quality to be found in a master's lab. Only a few minor things are missing, and you're relatively sure that with a glass furnace you could replace them. As for the books or notes, you find none that seem to be a notebook or lab notes, but you do find several essential tomes of alchemical knowledge. Most seem to be covered in dust, but one is slightly less dusty: "Morin's Book of Vitalities: Being a Tome Concerned with the Workings of the Body".

Leralt:
The study is a fairly complete wizard's lab. With some additions, it would be an excellent place to study. The library is small, but complete with most of the basics, as well as a few deeper tomes. All of them are covered in dust, but one is less dusty than the others: "Tetragrammatar's Tome of Necromancy and Transformation: Applied Theory and Conjectures."

Songan:
As you look around, you realize that the rooms you're in are natural caves, but reinforced with stone and wood. It's possible that these caves already existed, and the placement of the entrance, between a windowless wall of the craft building and the outer wall, is an ideal spot to not be seen. In fact, it may be that the entire location of the colony was chosen because of this cave. In fact, a few stones making up the wall look not as settled as the others, as if they'd been disturbed in the past...

Catila:
I don't actually have anything for you, but I didn't want you to feel left out. Cheers!


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt recast his detection spell to make sure it does not expire before his work is done. He takes the magical items and puts them off to the side.

"Give me a moment to study these will you."

He picks up the hammer.

"I guess this is our oh so famous missing hammer."

He places that away from the other items. Then starts to study the magical ones.

Item Study:

Spellcraft
A green glass jar of smelly ointment
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
A gold headband decorated with small blue and purple gemstones
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
A wooden box about the size of a shoebox, with several nautical themed carvings on it
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
A blue glass jar of fragrant herbs and lard, with wings painted on the label
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
An ivory wand with serpents carved into it
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
A glittering prism on a cotton cord
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
A stone, carved into a pentacle and mulberry-colored, that hovers over the ground when it lands
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
4 potion vials
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
A shortsword made of cold iron, covered in frost
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
A mortar and pestle, masterfully made and covered in arcane symbols
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
A small bundle made of fur and tied with some sort of gut that rattles when it lands
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
A statue of a grinning man with the head of a goat holding a tablet (to pick up anything different from the 1st one)
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Picking up the statue.

"Seems we have found our 2nd statue. Thats makes us a little safer then we were before."

Picking up the tome he had found as well.

"This one seems to be well used, more so then the others. Tetragrammatar's Tome of Necromancy and Transformation: Applied Theory and Conjectures, it fits with my theory of the process that created this disease. Sadly it may take a similiar process to cure it I believe."

He thinks for a moment.

"You know did our little friend ever say where he got the pouch?"

Last edit I think.


What Leralt has Learned:

- A green glass jar of smelly ointment* = unknown
- A gold headband decorated with small blue and purple gemstones* = Headband of vast intelligence +2
- A wooden box about the size of a shoebox, with several nautical themed carvings on it* = unknown
- A blue glass jar of fragrant herbs and lard, with wings painted on the label* = flying ointment
- An ivory wand with serpents carved into it* = wand of cure light wounds, 12 charges
- A glittering prism on a cotton cord* = crystal of healing hands
- A stone, carved into a pentacle and mulberry-colored, that hovers over the ground when it lands* = mulberry pentacle ioun stone (+5 to bluff and diplomacy)
- 4 potion vials* = 4 potions of remove disease
- A shortsword made of cold iron, covered in frost* = +1 frost cold iron shortsword
- A mortar and pestle, masterfully made and covered in arcane symbols* - unknown
- A small bundle made of fur and tied with some sort of gut that rattles when it lands* = You're not sure what this does, but it seems to combine a minor enchantment effect with a moderate transmutation effect. You think it could be used to transform oneself into something else.

601 to 650 of 1,224 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / On Abadar's Secret Service All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.