Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

On Abadar's Secret Service (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

A game of colonization and exploration in a new land with new dangers and threats.


551 to 600 of 1,224 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

After making sure that the Mayor is in decent shape after Mevakh's healing, Songan turns his attention to Gellius and Leralt, careful that his voice does not carry beyond the immediate group of protectors sent with the colonists.

"There is no need to fear the vegepygmies, as you call them, Dr. Krupt. We have struck a peace with them, albeit a tenuous one. The one to whom we were speaking calls himself Cloud-Seeker of the Olo-Tumbo, the ones the People call the Pale Guardians. My assumption that the bleachlings were the Guardians was incorrect; they are another group ill-regarded by the People known as the Bone Takers."

"The Pale Guardians were intending to make war on us if we did not leave the island within the next cycle of the moon; if we did not, they pledged to 'give us the honor,' as they phrased it. I know not what the honor is, but you can be certain being given it would result in our deaths. I explained to them that we could not leave because our vessel was destroyed by one of the Bone Takers and somehow got them to agree to give us the same cycle of the moon to discover the source of this disease that is affecting each of us. Cloud-Seeker gave a warning that the evil which we seek is the least of its' kind and that we should take care not to underestimate it."

"They returned Mayor Green to us and said he is not tainted as the first ones were and specifically said he wears the sign of the builder. I think we can only assume, for the moment, that the builder is Abadar himself."

"And there you have it. We have one cycle of the moon to find out what's going on and fix it...else this colony and everyone in it will perish."

That said, he looks down to the mayor, having momentarily forgotten that he was even there. No matter...this was something that concerned him, as well.

"Mayor Green. I hope that you will keep these things that have been revealed between us. I believe it to be very important that you are kept aware of the things that are happening on this island, but I ask that you keep in mind that most citizens here would not deal well with these forebodings. As we try to discern what wrongs have taken place here and fix them, it is imperative that, in addition to aiding us however you can, you keep the peace here and prevent any colonists from finding out anything that would start a general panic."


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Lena listens silently to Songan and Leralt as they relate the goings-on outside the walls to the rest of the group. When Songan finishes, Lena asks:

"So, if we are able to cure this disease, The People will leave us be? I think we should redouble our studies of the infected with medical, alchemical and magical examinations- everything we have"

"As far as the Bone Takers go, do we think/know whether they are behind the strange chambers we found filled with growing monsters?"


The mayor nods at Songan's question of silence over the revelations. "I...I am not well enough to lead. It would be best for you and Sister Mara to continue leading things as you have been. I need to rest and recover. It was... harrowing to say the lease."

Is there anything else you'd like to do, or shall we skip ahead to morning?


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

I am done


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

"He appears to have been drugged. I'd advise he be able to rest and recuperate if he's to be of any use. I'd also advise that Leralt get a bit more sleep as well. He seems crabby and out of sorts," says Krupt, arching an eyebrow and looking the spellcaster's way.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Other than there being anything of interest in the sack the mayor was in, which I doubt, I believe Catila is ready to move on


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt looks his way an expression normally reserved for children being childish and difficult.

"I suggest you learn how to put aside your ego. I cant waste time correcting your mistakes, which have been many thus far. Unlike some I have work tomorrow finding out more about this illness. I will have a full report on the item I found along with the creature connected to it. It may be a direct link to the illness or the force behind it."

With that he leaves ignoring anything else. He needed to prepare spells and was not going to lose time dealing with an entitled flop with his own agenda.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

"Well, he's certainly unfriendly," Krupt remarks aloud as he watches Leralt retreat. "I wonder if my family ruined his family's business and he's seen fit to take it out on me? They do that you know: ruin businesses to increase their own profits. Ah well, no use worrying about it. He'll come out of his shell eventually. Good night, all."

With that, the doctor returns to his lab to rest up for the morning.


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

I'm good to fast forward to morning


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

Songan sighed as Leralt and Dr. Krupt both went their separate ways, shaking his head as he got back to his feet. "It would be a pity if we avert a war only to watch ourselves be destroyed from within. I hope this dispute is just a momentary blip on our overarching purpose." he speaks to himself before heading back to his quarters for the night.

Good for morning!


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Morning is fine, I'm sure my earlier questions can be answered in retro-time


Morning breaks early, a cold chill in the air. The colony is subdued as breakfast is cooked and served. The mayor makes an appearance, walking with the aid of Sister Mara, but looking less shaky and more robust this morning. He eats little, but his appearance seems to boost the morale of the colonists.

It's a needed boost; several more of the colonists are sniffling and coughing the dry cough, and the smell of brimstone is beginning to be noticed now.

Catila:
The sack contained nothing else, save some strange shiny gravel probably captured in the mayor's clothing. It glints and shines, mere flecks and it takes you a moment to identify it: mithral.


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

"Anyone up for hunting a giant flying abomination today? I wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow related to the 'bone takers' or the 'unleashed evil. If nothing else, it allows us to continue surveying the country side."


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Any chance of a country side map DM OMB? To see where we've explored and where we haven't? Catila has been making pretty extensive maps the whole time.

Reaching into her pouch, Catila pours out onto the table a handful of the shiny gravel she found in the mayor's sack. Allowing a moment for the others to notice it she says "Mithral. If there's a mine of it nearby, it could prove a huge colony. Seems the fungus people may be living in or near it, perhaps at some point we could trade them for it? Anyway, Orin's right, we need to figure out our course of actions for today. I'm thinking we find where these Bone Takers are holed up and have ourselves a serious conversation with them."

For once, her cute little face shows no sign of levity or curiosity she simply looks angry and determined.

Sense Motive DC15[/dice:

She is embarrassed to think her fellow kinsmen could be responsible for such atrocities on the island and is perhaps still a bit stung the the Speaker of the mushroom people seemed set to lump her in with that buncg


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

Songan wakes after an only somewhat restful night's sleep, noticing the stronger smell of brimstone in the air and that several other of the colonists are showing signs of some kind of sickness. It was a constant reminder of the clock that the adventurers were up against.

At breakfast, he is glad to see the much-needed boost to the morale of the settlers at the mayor's appearance, knowing that at the moment, they need as much help as they can get. He opts not to try to tell stories or act out some grand epic, knowing that sometimes, a somber mood can be a good thing...at least temporarily.

As soon as he can, he gathers together with the others, his primary interest for the moment being anything that Leralt may've discovered while the rest of the group was out the previous day as well as wishing to discuss with everyone else what was seen in the field.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Before he begins speaking, he reaches over to Catila, placing his slightly-furry palm on her shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze and offering a friendly smile.

"Certainly possibilities that bear looking at, Catila. I am glad that you came along with us to Abadaria. I also agree with Orin in that we need to decide what to do today, but I think we should also put all our cards out on the table and make sure that everyone knows everything that we know to thus point so that our decision can be as educated as possible."

"First, I wish to update everyone on what we found in the field yesterday. I don't think there was a chance to fully explain what happened in our explorations. We found the place where the stones were said to be moving and found something there that was disturbing in the truest sense of the word. Creatures known to us trapped beneath the rocks in some sort of strange womb. There was a bulette, a gigantic wolf, some sort of stone creature, and what seemed to be a green dragon, beset by some creation that seemed to be feeding the creatures in their slumber, a strange malevolence simply felt in the air. We had no clue what to think of it. As I said last night, Tarquin says the People just leave the place be, since the scouting party they sent never returned. There were also signs that perhaps a griffin or some similar creature had already been birthed from one of the rocks and was free to do as it would. We hadn't any idea what to make of those strange placental things or the weird sense of just...evil...that radiated from that place."

"One thing is for certain, that place is not normal. Something bad happened there. Leralt...I'm hoping that in your research of the tablet that was found in the circle and anything you may've discovered here has turned up something that could help us out. Have you had any luck?"


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt cast his spells and studies the statue the first chance he gets once he awakens. He wanted to leave nothing undone on his end when he gave everyone a full report.

Spellcraft on Deamonic Statue
1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39

Leralt cast Protection from Evil, Guidance, and Identify


I will see about putting my artistic skills to use and producing a map for you, Kingmaker-hex style.

Leralt:
Nice roll!

The statue is an elaborate constructed prison for a daemonic spirit. It keeps the creature in stasis, semi-conscious and unaging, but at the same time siphons the energy of the creature to power some sort of containment sigil. The power is flowing into the ether, heading off toward the mountains and also along the coast. It seems that these statues may be creating a vast, island wide magic circle effect, serving to imprison some larger, more powerful evil. Assuming this is so, destroying and releasing the fiends within would weaken the magic circle. Too many destroyed may allow the entire containment grid to fail catastrophically, releasing whatever it was made to hold.

You also note that this statue is old. Perhaps dating to pre-Starfall. You can also determine (with that incredible roll) that the creature contained inside is a Leukodaemon, a fiend associated with plague and disease.

Although you cannot do so now, due to the statue's unique magical matrix, if you could release the creature and contain it, you may be able to study it to find a cure for the disease plaguing the colony.

Also, you believe you could recreate the statue's effect, though the ritual to do so would take a full day and you would need a suitable vessel to contain the fiend in, not to mention the fiend itself trapped and rendered powerless, perhaps by means of a magic circle.

Please continue discussing. In the meantime, however, I'd like you all to level up to 4th level. Congrats!

Outside, the chilly morning is warming rapidly and a breeze is picking up. Clouds are seen on the oceanic horizon and a strange smell of sea and storm is blowing in. The former sailors in the colony are all passing meaningful looks at each other and talking in low voices.


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt meets the others once he is done. Upon arrival he lets them know what he has learned about the statue as well as his dream encounter, leaving out anything that may draw a connection to his nature, it was of no importance after all. He keeps his voice down to make sure no one picks up on what they are saying.

"So not only is it very clear that the leader of the last colony was a fiend worshiper but he could even still be serving them. Those guardians may have driven him off before he or the bone takers could destroy this statue. The good news being that I now understand how to recreate and enforce the seal. The bad news being it is still beyond my power to effectively do so and would require capturing a daemon and rendering it helpless. Not only that but the daemon in this statue may hold the secret of the cure but I would not risk releasing it unless I knew I could contain it once more and only then if I knew it would not weaken the greater seal to the point of a break down. I think we need to find more of these statues and not only protect them but learn the exact number. That will allow us to know how many would be needed to not only break the greater seal but how many would be needed to fully restore it or even enforce it. Its clear that the greater seal could well span the entire island as such the statues could be spread very far and wide. Unless an outside force has already started gathering them."

He lets that last thought linger. After all the one they had was found inside the colony and it certainly did not get there by itself.

Open my tab above.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Smiling fondly up at Songan for his kind words, and then thinking on all that has been said so far, Catila adds "You make many good points Leralt. I feel a certain caution in removing the statues from their locations, as said locations may have been placed specifically as part of the grid. On the other hand those, is a force or forces are removing them anyway, then it may indeed be better to at least have the statues where we can protect them. Yet that also raises the questions where, and how, to do so. We clearly have much to think on."

Pulling at her lower lip slightly as she thinks, she goes on "If the former mayor is a culprit in the atrocities that have occurred on this Island thus far, then, along with finding a cure for the disease, finding, and stopping him must be one of our highest priorities. It is my thought that perhaps we might be able to find him through some form of divination magic, perhaps by using a personal item he may have left behind? I can check with our returned mayor as to if anything in his residence is not his, suggesting it would almost surely be the former mayor's"

Looking up, she smiles slightly as she finishes "Finally, while our as yet uncaught theif may be a minor matter in the scope of things, the morale of the colony is not a minor matter. And I may have an idea how to go about this. I have been thinking on my studies and I believe I have recalled a way to sift through the surface thoughts of a large group of people. Perhaps, during one of the meals, if Sonagn might distract, and entertain the people, Mevakh could begin asking questions about the thefts while I surreptitiously scan the thoughts of the populace. Would such a thing not sit well with any of you?" she asks at the end, her gaze mainly focused on the Paladin.


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt shakes his head slightly at the gnome female.

"The statues are too small and portable. If you wanted to make something based on a design you would do so on a grand scale, something that would be at best hard to remove or alter. Based on what I learned the energy from the statues is the key. They feed and power the seal, a lack of power to the seal causes it to weaken and fail. Making the statues small and portable allows you to place them anywhere and move them at will to new hiding places should they be in danger. It is a simple but highly effective system. Even now it is still in effect because the enemy must not only search one location but all locations to be sure it was not placed in a location they had already gone over. You would have to be forced to control the whole island to have an easy time of it. The Pale Guardians and the People are two groups that can hold their own against the Bone Takers in their own way. As such the island is not under anyone's single control. But that also brings the question of if someone is moving the statues or have they simply been undiscovered in area's the bonetakers have no access to. Such as the area of the pale guardians."

He thinks for a moment.

"Scrying is currently beyond my ability but I have recently mastered a spell to locate objects, that could prove very useful concerning the statues among other things. Granted it is not foolproof and can be blocked."

Upon hearing about mind reading he shakes his head even more.

"I am against doing such a thing. To do it to a single person with due cause is acceptable to be sure. But to do it against a large number of people simply to catch a thief. That is just overkill, if your worried about morale then why risk losing so much of it. How do you think they would react if they found out you were violating their thoughts. You gamble their very trust over a minor issue at best. Their is also the fact that this island has a good deal of fey, correct. Is it not a well known habit of fey to take things."

He looks at her to stress his point.

"I would think you would know that more then most. After all the mayor was stolen from under our noses, how much easier would a hammer be. Their is no reason to assume the thief is even among the colonist."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

"Finding a thief is all well and good, but I think what will ultimately lower morale of the colonists is the plague spreading through the population. While I find Leralt's theory plausible, it doesn't help us in the meantime. Until we find these statues and develop a cure, what do we do about those already infected? The disease is spreading."


As the discussion continues at the breakfast table, outside a low distant rumble of thunder echoes. One of the more elder sailors, who was rescued from the sinking ship, walks over to the table where you sit, moving with that peculiar rolling gait sailors develop.

"Beggin' yer pardon, ladies and lords, but ye oughtta know that there's a storm blowin' in and me bones tell me it's a bad 'un. A hurricane, as 'twere. We're in fer a bad couple days."


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt takes a look towards the sky. Studying it in more ways then one.

Knowledge (Nature, Arcana) and Spellcraft
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


The weather seems natural enough. There doesn't seem to be any eldritch effect at work there.


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

27 not high enough to get more detail on the storm. Hurricane level, days, wind power, or nothing? ;)


Ah, my mistake. I thought you were only checking to see if the storm was magical in nature!

The storm covers the horizon, and judging by the winds at the edge of it, looks to be a significant hurricane. The sailors seem to think tying everything down is a good plan, and you're inclined to believe them. It appears as if the hurricane is head straight at you, and if it's as bad as you fear, the next couple days may be harrowing.


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

woop! I love levelling up!I'm at work atm, I'll look over the books tonight

"I am in favour of using Catila's mind scanning technique. We have been chosen to watch over this colony, we can be trusted to keep secret any thing untoward that is learned by mistake. If no-one knows anything about it, Fey would be a solid next choice of culprit"

"I am also in accord with Dr. Krupt, this plague is certainly very important. Perhaps further exploration of the island (after the storm has passed) would turn up more statues for study?"

After breakfast, Lena will help to batten down the hatches as it were with the rest of the town unless her companions have specific need of her.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Catila looks up at the sailor's words, then towards the approaching storm. Despite her Fey heritage, the detective is not very familiar with natural phenomenon, having devoted much more of her time to the humanoid one. She is quite curious and somewhat excited though to experience a hurricane firsthand, having only read about them thus far.

Her eyes still on the storm, once the salior has departed, she adds to the conversation on using mind magic on the colonists "I will of course abide by the will of the majority, but I feel I should add that I perhaps misspoke earlier. I will not be able to read the minds of anyone. Merely their surface thoughts at the moment, and with Mevakah, or someone, speaking about the thefts, most thoughts should be attuned to that. I will not be able to plumb the deepest, darkest desires, fears, or secrets or anything of the sort of any of the colonists." at this last she turns to Leralt directly, a slight smile on her face "Nor any of us here to protect them, of course."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Dr. Krupt looks lost in thought, not entirely aware of the continuing discussion. After a moment, he mumbles to himself and rises.

"I'll be in my lab, securing windows and such. If there's an emergency, you know where to find me." With that, he rises and heads for the door.


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Once the so called doctor leaves Leralt shares what he made of the coming storm with the others. He figured if one was so concerned with oneself then they should pay a price.

"I doubt we will be able to do much of anything during that time. I would advise caution none the less it would be a good time to attack or sneak in. If our enemy should become aware of our discovery of the statue then if I were in their place the storm would be a perfect cover to attempt to retrieve it. I would also advise a close search of all the buildings and such. The statue was hidden here after all, who knows what other hiding places may have been built as well. I will also use the time to try and study the objects we have found again in case I missed anything. Also use my newly mastered spell to attempt to locate a general direction of another statue. Did I miss anything?"


Male Half-Orc Paladin of the Sacred Shield 4

When Catila tells her plan to peer into the minds of others, Mevakh shakes his head in disagreement. "I do not grant consent to read my thoughts, Catila. I will always consent to the Master's truthtelling, but I cannot and will not give my thoughts. They are the one thing that I own, that I know to be mine and mine alone."


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

"If it's not one thing, it's another. I should mention that I've determined how to change my form to that of an animal. Once this storm blows over, I should be able to use this ability to find our lost equipement on the sea floor as well as scout the area as a bird.


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

"You may want to check with the People about that. Maybe they could help or at least not consider you a threat if they suddenly find a new bird among them."

He would not put it pass them, he wondered if they knew about their attackers when it happened.


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

"Regarding the thief, I feel that we should exhaust our other options before we resort to reading even the surface thoughts of the colonists at large. We should first attempt to discern if anyone had anything to gain by stealing the hammer as well as if the blacksmith had any enemies. Then we should determine as close a time to when it was stolen as we can and see if anyone saw any colonist out of place at that particular time or behaving abnormally."

"This storm blowing in does seem cause for some concern, but I think we should try to take as much advantage of this situation as we can. The colonists' will likely be boarded up in their homes, relatively safe from outside dangers. Orin, is there any possibility you could use a spell to lessen the effect of the storm? Even in a small area, it would give us more freedom to continue our investigations. We cannot simply sit idle as our time to discover the truth here runs it's course.

"I also feel that searching the mayor's quarters for any possessions of the former mayor are a good idea. This whole idea about the previous mayor strikes me as just...odd. Yes, we are not all worshipers of Abadar, to be certain, but...it seems fishy to me that the man was able to so well mask his true predilections from the Archcanon before coming on this journey. I have serious doubts that I could do the same. Worshiping daemons and powers of darkness in that way, it..it changes you in a way that few things can."

"The People will likely not be available for several days, as they are debating whether to allow us into the Covenant presently. I imagine Orin would be safe for the moment. They do not seem an overtly violent group. It seems clear to me that they could've all wiped us out by now if they wanted, but they are at least leaving open the possibility for peaceful co-existence, despite our relation to the despoilers who came before. That speaks a great deal to their willingness to hear us out."

"Regardless...our next course of action, I agree, should be to find more of those statues. If whatever-this-thing-is that's trapped inside the statue could truly remove this blight from the colony, that should be top priority."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Krupt returns to his lab and spends some time, as he said, securing the shutter on the windows. He'll take any unused glassware and ceramics and stow them away in crates under the tables as a precaution. Once he's satisfied with the state of things, he'll check on a few running alchemical processes then return outside. He'll make a casual stroll through the colony, surreptitiously watching people as they go about their business. He'll keep an eye out for those he's examined before, seeing how the disease is progressing. He'll keep a mental tally of others exhibiting early signs of the disease, the coughing and sulfurous odor. He'll also look for interactions between colonists, trying to determine how the disease is spread from person to person.


As the day wears on, Dr Krupt spends his time packing for the storm, then observing the colonists. The former sailors seem to be taking the lead in battening down the fort, as it were, issuing orders and advice on what to tie down, what to leave. Krupt notices an oddness about those who seem to exhibit the sulfur smell: they seem compelled to touch things and people more than is usual. It seems to be unconscious, but compulsive.

By mid-afternoon the rain has arrived, starting out lightly, but soon coming down in buckets and sheets. No sooner has one storm passed than another arrives, and the sailors' preparations seem prescient. By evening the walls are shaking as the wind and rain batter the wooden buildings. In the jungles you can hear sounds of creaking trees amidst the thunder and wind.

Where is everyone weathering the storm?


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

Songan spends his time in any large population center where people may have gathered to take refuge, using his skills to try and keep morale up among all the colonists while they weather the storm.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Not knowing much of what else to do in a storm, Catila is doing much the same as Songan, singing tales, some more bawdy and amusing than others, as she uses her expertise to test the crowd wants to hear and then give it that. As she sings, she allows another part of her mind to consider any other possible avenues of pursuit in tracking down the hammer thief.

Perform (sing): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Profession(detective): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt returned and packed up all the tomes in what passed as a library up. Just in case their were any leaks it would not ruin the books. He also made sure the room was safe before moving on to the rest of the place. When everything was secured he spent the rest of his time casting spells and looking thru tomes, repacking them whenever they were not in use.

No new post where shown, this board is messing with me.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Krupt considers weathering the storm in his lab, but considers the possibility of an emergency that he couldn't cope with and no one around to assist him, so he reluctantly joins the communal area. However, he keeps himself apart from the other colonists as much as possible, with the exception of the party, Sister Mara, and the mayor. However, if anyone makes a purposeful attempt to touch him or any of his possessions he'll visibly recoil.


While the colonists assemble in the city hall to weather the storm, the bardicly inclined members of the party attempt to sing, dance and joke tell their spirits up. In the library, Leralt sits among his precious tomes, anxiously listening to the creaks and groans as the wind blows and the storm pounds the colony.

It is just after midnight when the eye-wall of the hurricane hits the colony. With a great heaving groan, a building collapses outside the hall, and debris batters the walls. Then a sudden long moan of tortured wood begins to sound from the support timbers in the roof. The hall groans, and in Leralt's library, the walls begin to bow precariously inward as the full force of the storm pounds the walls into submission.

One of the sailors, hearing the groaning, lets out a cry of alarm. "Lords n' ladies! Them walls be about to give! This building is set to fail, and we're done fer if we're not for shelter! Where do we go now?"

The colonists look fearfully toward you as the roof begins to lift off the hall...

What now? Hurricane force winds are about to collapse your shelter upon your head!


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt packs up all the most important tomes and all he can carry then dashes down towards the hall with everyone else.

"I suggest we find better shelter. Your underground friend would be of great use right now. Anyone a good digger and tell me you did not fill in the tunnel?"

He had a scroll for an extrademimensional space but it would not out last the storm and space was limited. Going underground would be the best path as things stood.


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Glancing around desperately, Lena attempts to pick out the next best shelter and urges the colonists and her companions to head there as quickly as they can.

I don't know which skill would be more appropriate here to determine a safe shelter so here's a bunch, OMB pick whichever is best

finding a shelter:

Survival 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Appraise 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

If no suitable shelter is readily apparent, Lena instead gestures towards the Temple of Abadar, gripping the golden key around her neck and invoking a prayer to protect the townsfolk.


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Even while Leralt was rushing into the hall to insist they vacate the premises, Songan has jumped to his feet, the groaning immediately setting off warning bells in his head. He'd seen enough structures collapse in the slums of Absalom to know that the sound of wood creaking in protest was the last warning before the entire structure was gone. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Lena trying to locate a safe shelter; immediately, his mind goes to the safest one he can think of.

"To the Mayor's quarters! Into the tunnels of the People! Now! Move!" he calls loudly to the people, rushing to the door of the Mayor's chamber and throwing it open, then drawing his everburning torch and holding it aloft so the light draws attention as well as his voice. "Quickly! Into the tunnels! They are the safest place!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Lena and Songan simultaneously remember the tunnels dug beneath the Mayor's office, and begin to usher people into there, and down into the (thankfully!) still open tunnels. People rush eagerly toward the promised safety and bunch up, pushing and shoving. Luckily, Songan is able to sooth them enough to get them down into the hole.

The Mayor and Sister Mara are among the last down as the wood of the building gives a final tortured shudder and collapses down, sending splinters flying and blocking the tunnel's entrance. Above, the winds and water roar and howl, and echoing through the tunnel, create a furious sound of wailing in the darkness.

The tunnels are full of colonists and luckily, empty of the People. When the band finally makes it through the crowd and to the far entrance they find that the ocean has swelled up nearly to the tunnels, and wind and water spray liberally into the beach exit. For now, however, the tunnels seem to be safe.

All of the sudden, as quickly as the worst winds hit, the skies clear and a starlit night, peaceful and serene and cloud free can be seen directly overhead. One of the colonists, who accompanies the party to the beach exit, cheers and begins to step out onto the wet beach, eager to celebrate the hurricane's end.

Knowledge: Nature DC 15:
Hurricanes have eyes, a large round area of calm, clear peaceful weather, which when directly overhead, looks as if the worst is over. However, surrounding the eye is the eye-wall, the worst area of wind and rain. And it's probably just about due to pass over you now...


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

Songan breathes a sigh of relief as they only just make it into the tunnel before the entire building collapses on top of them, sending a cloud of dust billowing down the tunnel past the crowded mass of people.

He is relieved to see that there are none of the People currently in the tunnels, a fact made obvious by the lack of colonists' shouts of surprise as giant versions of familiar animals impede their path. When finally they emerge from the exit of the tunnel after the wind and rain suddenly subsides, Songan looks up at the night sky, a strange feeling passing his mind. He feels like there is something important to remember here...

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Poo. Figures.

But for some reason, it escapes his mind. Letting the moment pass, he turns back to the colonists as one of them moves past him onto the beach, making sure that everyone is safe and uninjured.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Knowledge(nature)check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

"You! Get back in the tunnel, you twit, unless you want to be swept out to sea when the storm's eye passes," calls the doctor to the wayward colonist. "Let's just hope giant mustelids dig tunnels that don't collapse under a good drenching."


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

Dr. Krupt's call immediately snaps to mind what was only teetering on the edge of it moments ago. Of course! Hurricanes are circular! Which means the other side of the eyewall would be fast approaching.

Songan quickly reaches out for the colonist who had walked past him onto the beach, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and trying to heave him back into the tunnel with the rest of them before the eyewall hits them again.

Strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Krupt's barked warning makes the man turn around to stare stupidly at him, completely not understanding the doctor's cries of warning. He shakes his head and turns back to step farther out into the seeming peaceful day when Songan's strong hand hauls him forcefully back into the cave just as the sky blackens and the wind smashes a palm tree where the man had stood just moments before.

The tunnels do indeed weather the storm, and assuming no one plans on leaving the safety of the caves until the storm has passed, you will weather them, too. Is there anything you'd like to do or say before we skip to the aftermath?


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Nope me and my tomes are safe. :)

551 to 600 of 1,224 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / On Abadar's Secret Service All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.