Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

On Abadar's Secret Service (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

A game of colonization and exploration in a new land with new dangers and threats.


501 to 550 of 1,224 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Posting soon!


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Hearing Orin's shout, Lena grabs her crossbow and rushes to the wall, still strapping on her armour as she arrives. She leans over the edge of the wall and aims her crossbow out at the visitors, glancing across at her companions, Lena calls out
"What do they want?"


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

Songan's eyes go wide, the skin beneath his fur paling at the mention of the Pale Guardians' return. He excuses himself quickly but as politely as he can, asking Tarquin's forgiveness for leaving him again so swiftly, leaving Catila to inquire about the Bone Takers, should she so desire. There is no time right now to worry with it; more pressing matters call for attention.

Climbing back up through the tunnel, he makes a bee-line for the gate; Leralt's message reaching his ears, he makes a snap decision. Rather than climb to the top of the wall, he goes out the gate to stand directly before the crowd of pale figures, though he gives himself enough distance that he has time to flee should thinks get hairy. He draws in a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves; appearing frightened would not help their situation.

He tilts his head to the side curiously at the strange dance of the lead figure, a distinctly feline-seeming gesture. He takes a few moments to consider the motion, trying to imagine what purpose such movement may have.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Recalling that Tarquin and the People seem to speak Sylvan natively, he opens with the same language, the lyrical sounds of the tongue breaking the tension in the air, his throaty voice reminiscent of a cat's gravelly purr.

Sylvan:
"Pale Guardians, I am Songan, Not-of-the-People. We wish no harm to you or your companions. We have spoken with Tarquin of the People and the Council is currently considering our petition to enter into a Covenant with the People, as you have a Covenant with Them.

I say again, we wish no harm to you or to this land; we desire only a peaceful co-existence. Can such a thing be possible?"

Diplomacy (if needed): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


As the heroes gather on the wall, Songan has the gate opened and slips out to meet the strange plant-like beings. In Sylvan he calls out, and his response is in Sylvan.

Sylvan:
"You come from afar? Like the first ones? Are you like them?"

Songan, roll me a Sense Motive check, please!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Krupt takes a place aside Lena, holding the wooden tube much like a flute player at rest. "I need to start studying this language," he says. "Well, this is the first good look I've had of our new neighbors. Let's see what we're dealing with." The doctor takes the time to examine the visitors to determine just who and what they are.

Knowledge(nature) check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Wow! Lots to catch up on!

Earlier with Mevakh:

As she walks and considers alternate avenues of investigation, based on all the information she has accumulated on the various smiths in the colony and any who might wish the smith of the missing hammer harm, Catila is approached by the imposing Paladin, who provides her with an entirely different line of investigation. Listening closely to all he shares with her as he finishes she nods her head slowly in contemplation saying "Yes...yes, that those are very interesting possibilities Mevekah! Thank you very much for bringing them up with me. Might I be able to count on your aid in the investigation? For I sense you to be very useful in ferreting out the...oh look! There's Songan! Sorry but I must run! I hear he went to speak to one of The People again! Oh wouldn't it be wonderful to meet one of them!" and before the Half-Orc can answer, she is dashing off towards the Catman.

Earlier with Songan and Tarquin:

Quickly convincing Songan to take her back down into the tunnels to meet the Big Badger, Catila's excitement at meeting the large talking animal is quickly doused at his much less than friendly or pleased greeting of her. Frowning, she quickly racks her mind as to what he could be talking about or why he might have so much resentment of her.

Rolls:

6 KNOWLEDGE [arcana] 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
6 KNOWLEDGE [dungeoneering] 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
6 KNOWLEDGE [engineering] 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
6 KNOWLEDGE [geography] 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
6 KNOWLEDGE [history] 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
7 KNOWLEDGE (local) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

SENSE MOTIVE 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

However when he mentions the Pale Guardian up above and Songan takes off , she quickly looks back and forth between the two, clearly torn. Finally making her decision she speaks rapidly in Sylvan "Respected Speaker for the People, I ask you to please forgive me if my presence or appearance offends you. I assure you and give you my word however that I am not of the Bone Takers. My name is Catila Eyesquint, and I am with the 'Big' People, who came on the house which floated on the water, but now rests beneath it. I have met one of the Pale Guardians and he and I do share a similar heritage, but far far back in the time before now. I very much wish to speak to you further, but if the Pale Guardians have come to speak with us, I must be with my people. It is my great hope that we shall speak again and shall do so as friends the next time we meet. Long life and good hunting to you Tarquin!"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

and with that she dashes off as fast as her small legs can carry her to catch up with Songan.

Now:

Finally catching up to the fleet Catman in time to slip out the gate as well and hear his words to the speaker for the Pale Guardians and their response, Catila steps up beside her fellow bard and, by her smile and body language conveys her allied stance with him while attempting to aid his efforts at diplomacy. She also watches closely for the speakers response, while also keeping a close eye on the forest behind him. As she stands there, she also quietly hums a little tune, helping to make both Songan and herself even more sharp and aware.

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14

Humming Careful Teamwork, +1 Perception, Ref & Init


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Sylvan:
[b]"We do come from afar, from the same land as the first ones who came here. We came because we desired to know what happened to the first ones. I cannot, however, say that we are like them, as we do not know what they were like. I can only say that as for us, we do not desire a conflict between our peoples."

"Tarquin of the People told us that there was a disease of undeath that infected them all and that we are now infected as well..we are seeking a cure that will prevent any further loss of life, that the People will not have to leave this land again."


Catila:
Tarquin seems off-put by your words. "You are not like the Pale Guardians. You are like the Bone Takers, even if you are not of them. I must think on this. Huff."

Regarding the people outside the gate, they are indeed pale, perhaps because they seem to not to be made of flesh, but rather some sort of fungus!

Catila and Songan:
The leader's question and tone seemed to imply that the 'first ones' were not welcome and did something wrong.

"The first ones were despoilers of the land, breakers of the Seal. Their leader was evil and they did much evil. The sickness which infected them was a result of their evil. We know this disease. We do not know of a cure. Only He Who Brought It might know of the cure."

The leader steps forward one more step. In the moonlight his flesh is not flesh at all, but some sort of fungus. Indeed, these are mushroom men!

"You, cat man and you, Bone Taker. Why do you work together? Has the second ones made a pact with the Bone Takers?"


Dr Krupt:
As soon as the leader steps forward, you get a good look at him. His fungal flesh and alien demeanor lead you to believe that these people are vegepygmies, a race of fungal humanoids, who usually live underground.


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

Sylvan:
"You have my assurance, sir, that we wish not to despoil your land, nor break any Seal. We would like very much to know what the first ones did that caused such evil to befall this land, for we want very much to fight it and restore the island to its' former state."

At the leader's next question, Songan glances down to Catila, then looks back up to the leader of the mushroom-men.

Sylvan:
"I think you have misunderstood us, friend. She is no Bone Taker; we have only just learned of them from Tarquin, ourselves. She is from the land of the tall folk and only came here at the same time as us. She is known to us as Catila; where we are from, her people are called Gnomes. We have made no pact with the Bone Takers, whoever they are; we seek to make a covenant with the People, and we have learned that They want nothing to do with the Bone Takers. Therefore, nor will we."


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Thinking furiously and making a few connections Catila turns and looks back up at the wall until she locates Leralt. Once she does, she motions for the mage to come down and join them outside the gates.

Turning back to the Speaker she says

Sylvan:

"Greetings friend. My companion speaks true, I am no Bone Taker, though their people and my people may once have shared a common background, long, long and long ago, before the Big Ones even walked the land. As has been told to you, my name is Catila, and my furred friend here is Songan. May be know what to call you? And another question I if I may ask. This Seal you mention, was it in a open area, with no trees, in that direction" and she points towards where the broken shards were found. "For several of my companions and myself found the signs of a great evil having been released in the region. It has concerned us greatly. My companion which I have called to come join us has been studying these seals and the evil attached to them. Anything further you could tell us about the Seals, such as how many of them there are, where they are, why they are there and how to re-seal them would be most helpful to us. As as anything you could tell us about 'He Who Brought It' and as also what exactly the First Ones did that was so evil, so that we might ensure we do not make similar mistakes, even accidentally."


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt did not like the thought of placing himself in harms way but sometimes things had to be done. He makes his way down.

Sylvan:

"Greetings, I am known as Leralt."

He gave a slight bow.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

As he notes Leralt moving to join the others outside, the good doctor mentions to him as he passes: "I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but these aren't fey folk nor are they gnomes. They're vegepygmies...fungus in humanoid form. We're essentially in talks with ambulatory mushrooms. The fact that they're speaking at all is...well, unprecedented."


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

Orin continues to watch the parley from the wall, keeping an eye out for trouble.


Sylvan:
The fungus man pauses, clearly weighing the merits of what you have said. He seems to come to a decision. "I am known as Cloud-seeker to the People. We are the Olo-tumbo, what the People call the Pale Guardians. We are the guardians of the evils sealed in this land. Long ago those who came before fought a great battle and sealed the vanquished fiends away. We were made to keep watch over the seals. We have done so, until the others came, seeking to break the seals. The foul ones, who came under the mark of the builder, but served the deceitful one. The ones like you. They broke the first seal and stole others. Sickness came upon them, save for their leaders who fled. We took those who remained and gave them great honor. If you do not wish to make their mistakes, you must leave. You must go. Bone Taker or not, the small one must go. The large ones must go. This island is forbidden to you. You have one cycle of the moon to leave. Then there will be war between us."


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt thinks on what these things are and what they could be referring to. He has a few idea's he wanted to check.

Knowledge:

Knowledge (Arcana, History, Nature, Planes)
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Leralt:
Could you give me a little idea of what you think they might be or are you just checking to see if the references mean anything to you?


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

OMB:

He knows they are vegepygmies from the doctor so he wants to know more about them. Also about what they said. So basically anything you can give me. >.<


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

Songan tilts his head to the side curiously, his ears perking in a reaction that makes him seem that much more feline.

Sylvan:
"You...you are the Pale Guardians? Er...forgive me, Cloud-seeker. We were told nothing of the Pale Guardians by the People, save that they existed. To this point I had assumed that the ones that look like her..." he paused, gesturing to Catila before continuing,"...were the Pale Guardians. Are the white-skinned folk that are her size the Bone Takers? Regarding our presence here on the island, I am afraid to tell you that we cannot leave, Cloud-seeker. One of the white-skinned little folk destroyed the floating vessel that brought us here, and that was a journey of many days. We have no way of returning from the land we came from. Is there no way to restore the first seal or recover the others? If there is any possible way we can undo the damage done by the first ones, I wish desperately to do so. It was never our wish to disturb your lives here, and I still hope that we can co-exist peacefully. Is there anything at all we can do to prove our sincerity?"


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Watching the conversation unfolding below, Lena continues to have her crossbow aimed and ready should any of the strange plant-men become hostile.

"What are they saying?" she whispers to Orin and Krupt


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

"I wish I knew," the doctor replies. "It's apparent that I'll have to pick up some of this language while we're here. Had I realized I'd be shipped off to a wild island in the middle of the sea where it is the standard tongue, I'd have taken it up when I was younger."


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

Orin shrugs.

"No one's been stabbed yet, so things can't be going too bad."


Leralt:
You recognize these creatures as vegepygmies, usually underground dwelling sentient plants and fungi. Also, you're pretty certain that they don't usually speak. Of course, only the lead one has spoken, so there might be something going on there. Aside from that, a great deal of cultures feature a myth regarding some sort of ancient war in heaven that spilled onto Golarion proper. This tale may be similar. Of course, if you had specific names you could be sure.

Sylvan:
The speaker tilts his head in a curious manner. "Of course we are the Pale Guardians. And she is like the Bone Takers. The Bone Takers destroyed your vessel? They are wicked creatures who worship false gods. You should not associate with them." He glares hard at Catila, seemingly unconvinced that she is not one of the Bone Takers. "You must leave. Build a new vessel. One cycle of the moon. The seals cannot be recreated. We do not have.." He waves his hand strangely as if making some sort of dance. However Leralt recognizes it as arcane gestures of the sort made when casting spells. "We Guardians do not possess this thing. Without this thing, we cannot recreate the magic. We can only hope to contain the evil to this island. Your souls will feed its power. Already you smell sick. When you die, your souls will make it stronger. It will have power to summon more of its kind and release more seals. It must be stopped. You must go. Or else you must be given the honor. One moon cycle."


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt wondered if he could bargin, he had what they needed. Then again his skills were not in speaking and his power was not great enough yet to be of true help. Still he would try.

Sylvan:

"I think you mean magic, likely arcane magic. I happen to be a mage, not of great skill mind you but one of some talent. I know of the magic that seal's and bind's these fiends. In time I feel I could help you reseal them. Maybe even add to the portection's placed upon them. If we help each other we can do more to fight them, bind them, or even be rid of them for good. If our soul's feed them upon death then why not help us avoid death by finding a cure. You would gain an ally in the process, after all we have been open and respectful of the People once they made themselves and their intentions known."

To show them that he was in fact a mage he cast a few simple spells. Creating small objects and moving them around in the air, making sure not to seem threating in any way.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Seeing the strange creature was clearly not warming to her, and not quite sure how to change it's opinion, Catila remains quiet for the moment, letting the others carry the conversation.

She does pay very close attention to everything though, her sharp senses not missing a thing.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30

For example, what, if any kind of equipment is the creature wearing? What do their weapons seem to be made of? How many of them seem to be in the trees? How do they smell? etc. etc. etc.


Sylvan:
The mushroom man seems to pause at Leralt's feats of arcana. "Yes. We have the magic of the gods and of the music and of the winds, but we have not this. After the seals were made, all Pale Guardians who made magic like this were killed to prevent the release of the seals. You must leave."

Catila:
The lead creature wears an amulet around his neck made of a snail's shell. The others wear nothing, save for carrying spears made from unworked wood with flint and quartz tips and simple shields crafted (or perhaps grown) from wood. Each mushroom person is pale, with black tattoos on their body. At least, you thought they were tattoos. Until you seem them fade in and out and assemble into new patterns. They may be something like a pictorial language. If that's the case, then all the fungus people seem to be in constant communication, despite being silent. You also smell that strawberry scent, but in bursts, as if it were being produced in discernible patterns. Still the others make no noise whatsoever, leading you to believe that they must be effective hunters.

As the speaking continues, the people on the walls see that slowly, something is being brought through the forest, toward the speaker and Catila, Songan and Leralt. It seems to be about human sized, but the thick foliage makes identification impossible.


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt knew enough not give away his anger at such actions. It was foolish to kill mages yet allow other spellcasters to remain.

Sylvan:

"It seems you lack knowledge. By killing those with arcane magic as we call it you would not prevent the release of the seals. You would only throw away the ability to reseal them. Magic of the gods and of music and magic of the winds as you say all have the ability to break seal's and even without magic the seals could be broken by other means. But arcane magic can recreate and repair these seals. While I understand your desire to protect and prevent the release of such beings. Your methods are working against you. Your own actions are helping your enemy and even now your risking making an enemy of us without reason. We have the desire to help you, we do not wish the release of those fiends anymore then you do. Why would you throw that away in favor of war? Is it fear? Or do you think that all outsiders are untrustworthy? I would very much like to understand why you choose self destructive actions."

Truely he would never know why some people found simple reasoning so hard to grasp. Seemed their were three parties on this island. The People who remained on the side lines favoring the natural world maybe even the first world. The Pale Guardians, plant people who were charged to protect the seals and deal with anything that tried to release or came out of the seals, they had the mindset of golems it seemed. Then the Bone Taker's, blechling gnomes that were some how allied with the fiends and were using the colony as a soul farm for their master's.

Really sucks when the nearly tactless mage has to do alot of the talking xP


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

He's doing a pretty darn good job in my book. Although Catila's nearly bursting at the seams to speak ; )

Not wanting to alarm the Speaker, Catila surreptitiously casts Detect Magic and analyzes the amulet. She also tries to get an accurate count of just how many mushroom people there are. Finally, she attempts to make what she can of the strange symbol language.
Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
Linguistics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

Songan looks into his memory, trying to recall any information he can about these peculiar beings, where they come from, their habits, their mannerisms, anything that may help in these negotiations.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Sylvan:
"Perhaps there is room here for some compromise, Cloud-Seeker. You say that we must leave this island by the next full cycle of the moon, else there will be war between us or we will be given the honor. We have explained that it is not possible for us to leave. Therefore, would it be acceptable to allow us that full cycle of the moon to try and right the wrongs done by those who came before us?"

"It is true that those with the gift of magic such as our ally here has are able to re-create magical seals and barriers that others cannot. I ask that you please allow us that cycle of the moon to try and find out what has happened here and if it is possible to undo it."

"If we prove successful, then you can only benefit from the rebuilding of the seals and the re-sealing of whatever evil was released by those who came before us and we will have proven ourselves worthwhile allies to you and to the People."

"If we are unsuccessful...well, while I cannot speak for my comrades or those we have pledged to protect that came with us, I can make this vow to you: I would rather submit to the honor, whatever it may be, than become some abomination of living death, turned on my friends and allies. If we come to next cycle of the moon and we have made no progress and have not found any way to reverse this disease, I will remit myself to whatever treatment you deem necessary."

"Is that not an acceptable compromise, Cloud-Seeker of the People?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

As the cat-man speaks from deep within his soul, speaks with logic and passion and bravery and confidence and self-sacrifice, Catila glances up at him, wonder and respect evident on her face.

Figured such a great speech and awesome roll deserved some form of recognition ; )


Songan:
You do not recall much of the fungus people, but their stalwart adherence to guarding these seals certainly speaks to their commitment and nature. You seem to recall a song in which a lone knight was tasked with guarding the tomb of a fallen angel. In the song, he endured many trials, but his faith showed through in the end. He was rewarded with special graces, and it may be that these guardians have the same sort of powers.

The fungus man stops a long time and stares at the cat-man. Finally he raises his arm and from behind him, four mushroom folk step from the trees, carrying a long prone bundle in some sort of cloth sack. It would appear to be a man inside it.

Sylvan:
"You speak with beauty. Very well. We will give you this moon cycle to try to reseal the evil. If your magic-demon-man can make this magic, if you can salve the disease which eats the soul, then we will reconsider your lives. We have taken one from you, one who wears the sign of the builder. We give him back to you. He is not tainted like the first ones. We go now. We will watch. We will wait. The evil you seek is the least of its kind. Do not underestimate it."

With this, the leader turns and begins to fade back into the jungle. The others follow, each seeming to disappear into the foliage until there is no trace of their passage. The bundle stirs with a moan.

Catila:
The amulet radiates moderate divination magic. However your attempts to learn the flashing tattoo language are unsuccessful. You lack any sort of reference. You require a Rosetta Stone.


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

Songan breathes a quiet sigh of relief when Cloud-seeker agrees with the terms he proposed, thanking the gods above that the tense situation was resolved without conflict. And now they had time...a precious commodity in this land, it seemed. His eyes widen at the sight of the cloth sack being carried to the group, though he makes no move toward it until the Olo-tumbo have completely retreated.

As soon as all sign of their passing has gone, he rushes forward, looking for a rope or tie on the open end of the cloth bundle to release the stirring entity within.


There is a simple vine-like rope holding the burlap sack closed and it is easily opened, spilling a very confused man onto the ground. It's the mayor, Josiah Green. He looks slightly bruised, but not visibly hurt beyond that.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

+1 Songan & Leralt!

Also, do we know that Leralt is a Tiefling?

' "Magic-Demon-Man"? ' Catila glances at the mage while she wonders at the Speakers choice of words as it almost certainly refers to Leralt.

But her distraction is brief as her attention is turned back to the Speaker and the obvious success of Songan's speech.

As the fungus people leave and the sack is opened Catila also rushes over bending down to examine the man as best she can "Mayor Green! Are you alright??"

She then turns to those on the colony wall and yells "It's alright! Songan and Leralt have saved the day and avoided a war! And Mayor Green has been returned to us! But he may need medical aid!"


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

It seemed they got the mayor back, he could give them some information. Among which he would make a point of finding out how or why they targeted him. Not as if he had it written on his forehead that he was the mayor or leader after all. Also needed to study the seal's more, he knew their were spells to recreate and repair them. Yet these spells were beyond his ability by a wide margin, he would need to find a way around the direct route as he simply lacked the power and expertise. He would need to be a master himself to simply cast the spell needed.

"Well this has been an interesting night, who knows what the day will bring."


Male Catfolk Bard (Archaeologist) 1; HP 9/9; AC 13/13/10; F+1/R+5/W+2; Init +3; Per +7

At seeing the mayor unharmed, Songan releases a sigh of relief, obviously overjoyed to see that Mayor Green had been returned unharmed. His re-appearance would definitely restore a great deal of morale in the colony and would certainly enable them to better orchestrate searches or other functions to help restore everyone's health.

Songan looks back to Leralt, offering a quirky smile. He tries to put the reference to a "magic-demon-man" out of his head. Up to this point, Leralt has done nothing but been an ally and Songan would trust him until he had reason to believe he shouldn't. Besides, Leralt was probably their only hope for living past the next twenty-eight days, as well!

Songan seems a little embarassed by the call Catila gave to those on the wall giving he and Leralt all the credit for avoiding a war with the Olo-tumbo..unlike the typical feline, he was never one to really enjoy being directly in the spotlight, and while sometimes the accolades were welcome, he wondered if the attitude of the colonists would remain unsure of how to approach him or if they would suddenly all love him because he had just "saved the day," as Catila had said.

Without a word in reply to Catila's declaration, he slowly helped Mayor Green to his feet, letting the slightly bruised man lean as heavily on Songan as was needed as he led him back toward the fort.


The mayor moans and his eyes flutter. His skin is burning hot, however, and he has a hard time walking. He nearly falls as soon as he's upright. He moans and mutters something under his breath that sounds like, "All the pretty people are covered with moss. All the pretty people are gone to the dogs. All the pretty people, all the pretty people."

By the time you get the mayor inside the gates, there is no sign that the fungus people were ever here, save the mayor and his burlap sack.

Inside, people are holding torches and watching you re-enter the fort. They seem happy to see the mayor returned alive, but a little afraid by the strange talking mushroom and their odd language of fluid sounds.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Catila picks up the sack and heads inside with the others. While they see to his well being her insatiable curiosity has her delving into the sack's contents to see if any sort of clues as to what happened to the mayor, or anything else, are to be found.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Krupt rises from his leaning position on the wall and tucks his blowgun into his belt.

"It appears the local fungus have given us a present. I suppose I should go down and check it for infections."


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

@Gellius: "Probably a good idea. Hopefully nothing is catching."

"Couldn't hurt to find out what was said during the parley, as well."


Male Half-Orc Paladin of the Sacred Shield 4

Lay on Hands (Mercy: Fatigue) 1d6 ⇒ 2

The half-orc paldin stands by and watches the parley, contributing little beyond his presence because of his lack of any knowledge of Sylvan. When he sees the mayor, Mevakh heals him with Abadar's magic, rejuvenating the mayor's body and purging the fatigue. He picks the mayor up and supports him by the shoulders, letting him rest as they walk back into the fort. Carefully, as if not wanging to know the answers, Mevakh inquires about the mayor's state of mind. "Mayor, do you know where you are now, and who we are?"


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Lena walks with Mevakh as he escorts the Mayor into the safety of the fort, watching the gate carefully until it is secured again.

Inside, Lena listens intently to the Mayor's response watching for signs of magical influence or other stress.
Sense Motive:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

After interviewing the Mayor and ensuring he is all-right, Lena will seek out Songan, Leralt and Catila (probably with everyone else I'd imagine) and enquire exactly as to the lengthy discussion which apparently averted war.


The mayor seems to visibly brighten as Mevakh's healing floods his body. His shaking slows to nearly nothing, though he still feels unnaturally hot and feverish. He peers closely at the party around him, as if really seeing them for the first time.

"I'm back? Really back? Not a dream, not a lie? Oh thank Abadar. I thought I was going to die in the dark and never see the light again. How long have I been gone?"


Lena:
You detect no falsehoods from him, but a great deal of stress. You're not certain if he's currently under magical influence, but he's definitely under a great of stress. You fear that if pushed his mind could break.


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt looks the man over casting a quick detection spell for magic.

"You have only been gone a day or two. If you were somewhere dark without the ability to tell time I am sure it may have felt longer, the mind is funny like that. I would be more concerned with your immunity to this illness we have been exposed to. The guardians mentioned your not infected, so you have that going for you."

Cast detect magic, please adjust the timeline if I am off. Cant remember ingame time at the moment. >.<


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Krupt gives a snort. "Not infected with whatever fiendish ague is lurking here, perhaps, but did I mention he was in the hands of vegepygmies? I'm certain I did. Let me look the man over and be sure he isn't going to turn into an overgrown mushroom in the midst of his praise."

Knowledge(nature) check in place of Heal: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt rolls his eyes, he knew about their ability to reproduce but not the methods it seemed.

"He wont, why would they give him back. Anyways their have to be certain conditions or the "new borns" would die, on their own or by our hands as we would be seen as enemies by them. Control yourself "doctor" and let the man breath, you will have your time with him sooner or later."

That man was more concerned with studying people then curing them. That left himself, the abanites, and the druid to be relied upon. Once things calmed and after a little more study come morning he would bring what he found about the statue and his dream encounter to the others. It seemed like a lead to the core of this whole business.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

"Why would they give him back infected? I don't know, perhaps to wipe us all out so they don't have to deal with us? Seems like an efficient way to solve the problem of our being here. Please excuse me if I'm distrusting of the local plants that kidnapped the leader of our colony. Since you haven't informed the rest of us about what went on in that exchange, I don't have much to base my premise upon other than a general sense that most of the life on this island is hostile to our presence. Let me do my job, if you please. If nothing else, I may be able to determine if he's suffered any harm not immediately obvious."


Dr Krupt:
He seems to be in shock and possibly suffering from some sort of drug or herb you're unable to identify with a quick glance. He doesn't seem to be diseased, at least he doesn't display any symptoms of any common diseases you can recall, though you do note that his pupils are dilated.


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt tells everyone what went on.

"See they plan to wipe us out, just not now and only if we fail. Anyways that method of attack is useless, more so sense we are already infected by a illness of undeath which would make such an infection harmless unless it was triggered before the illness of undeath and even then careful conditions need be met before the new borns would come out, you would know that if your knowledge was not incomplete. A dangerous practice. I may have failed to mention as well that their illness is cureable unlike the undeath illness we suffer. You seem to be lacking in reasoning. Not a trait suited to a "doctor". His apparent immunity is a greater concern or did that little tid bit get lost on you. Let us see, find out if he is infected with a very condition based illness that is cureable or find the secret to his immunity to a unknown deadly illness without a known cure which in itself may help create one. Not to mention the fact that we know for certain nearly everyone is infected with it as well. Do learn priorities our time is limited."

Leave it to an entitled chelaxian to think they know the game, thats why an entire nation belongs to hell. The guardians would not even need to attack, they just needed to wait for the illness to cut their numbers and clean up after. Thats part of the reason they gave them a time limit he bet, odds are by month's end their numbers would have suffered or the full impact of the illness will take effect. They were plant people that did not make them stupid. That was another clue to the puzzle, he would need to check the moon cycle as that could have an effect on the illness as well or their enemy's course of action.

501 to 550 of 1,224 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / On Abadar's Secret Service All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.