Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Old Orleans, New Trouble: A Fallout Campaign

Game Master SinBlade06

Old Orleans is in trouble, but from what? A campaign based off of Fallout 3.


251 to 300 of 1,659 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 4

"The city itself has been spared from much of the destruction in the surrounding areas. Between the Brotherhood's Marsh Legion and the other local factions, we have managed to establish a relatively safe haven for citizens to grow, learn, and attempt to improve the wasteland.

You'll have to see the city itself to really grasp the changes, especially since its been so very long since the last time you were here."

Edward keeps a light tone and friendly demeanor, but is constantly scanning for threats coming from the front and sides. The rear he leaves to those coming up behind him, especially Logan.

He wields his assault rifle, with a massive amount of goods and gear packaged up across his armored back.


"Sounds like a nice place. You know, for post-apocalyptia. Let's get going."

The journey will take 2 days, during which you will need to set up watches at night and day. You can travel through the night, but you will be fatigued when the next day comes. Fatigue will not stack, so you can go for weeks without sleep and only be at a -2.

After you travel all the way to Old Orleans, you can travel back and forth between Vault 33 and Old Orleans without any encounters.

Discuss who you want for the night watches, then the night watch will roll one perception check each. Adam cannot be in the night watch as he doesn't know what's what in the Wastes. He has his uses. Spotter is not one of them. Andy is the same.

Day watch can be whoever you want it to be, again with the exception of Andy and Adam.

Based on your perceptions, you will have encounters as well as new locations to explore later.


Male Human 1 Cleric (Merciful Healer)

Max offers to stay on the night watches being that he can provide extra aid as needed. Predators always seem to love the dark and being able to fix their damage always helps.


Human Alchemist 4|Init +1|HP 39/39|Fort 5|Ref 4|Will 4|AC 15

Marcel also offers to keep watch for the night; he takes out a wrench and tin plate and holds it as he settles in. To any curious glances he simply responds with "I may need to wake you all up with speed."

If no one objects to me going on watch-1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

watch during day: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male Human Paladin 4

"Watch" Ha. Ha. Ha.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 Watch during day from Edward.


Night Watch: The first night passes without much notice. The Marshes can be seen from your location.

Day Watch: The city can be seen by now, a good distance away, but its within reach.

Adam speaks up after walking in silence a while. "The world sure has changed...Can you tell me how the city is?"

Before you can answer, three guys in Power Armor approach from the south (the direction of the city), armed with laser rifles.

"Halt. This area is under the protection of the Brotherhood of Steel. Identify yourse-- Edward? Is that you?"

The lead Paladin approaches Edward. "It's me, Paladin Orwell. We were wondering when you would get back. Looks like I owe everyone drinks down at McGradys." He looks back at the others. "Pick up some stragglers?"


Male Human Paladin 4

"Paladin Orwell, Sir. Indeed we have, as you said, picked up some stragglers. The Vault yielded much information and a good amount of supplies, as well as introducing Logan and me to these good prospectors.

Waving his hand toward each of his companions in turn, Edward introduces the group, "Lilith Garndens, Marcel, "Crispy", and "Scab", I present Paladin Orwell of the Brotherhood of Steel Marsh Legion.

"And this is Overseer Adam of Vault 33, with his robotic assistant "Andy."

"Sir, we have much to report, and I am sure the others are looking forward to a hot meal and the division of our spoils. Would you join us on the travel back to the city, or are you bound to the patrol?"

Edward seems elated and relieved to be around his brethren once more, confident they will provide aid if needed.


"Sadly, we can't provide you an escort back to Orleans. Star Paladin Richards gave us orders to scout the area around Orleans for anything that may be a compromise to city security."

Paladin Orwell gives a nod to the group, stepping up to speak to Adam. "I'm glad we got to meet you, Overseer. It's not much, but welcome to the Marshes."

"Thanks, Paladin. I hope I can be useful in this new world."

"Trust me, you will." Orwell looks back at the other Brothers. "Let's get going, that city won't protect itself.

"Yes sir," the other Brothers reply. All three of them start walking off. "Steel be with you, Brother Edward."

The day passes without any other incident.

I'll need another night watch, then a day watch.


Human Alchemist 4|Init +1|HP 39/39|Fort 5|Ref 4|Will 4|AC 15

Marcel watches the Paladins warily, breathing a hidden sigh of relief when they leave.

Perception (night watch):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human Paladin 4

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9 day watch.


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

day watch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


I'm gonna roll for Max's perception, just to speed things along.

Max's Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Fitting. One good roll and one bad roll on both night and day.

Late that night, the crickets are chirping, Andy's motor keeps him up, and the world is silent. The glow of the city helps everyone see somewhat. (low light can see fine, normal vision is impaired)

Adam wakes up in the middle of the night after tossing on his makeshift bed. He rolls over and sees that Marcel is still up, granted due to the night shift, but none the less, he has someone he can talk to.

"Hey, Marcel, I have a question for you. Do you think that...someone like me will be able to...fit in? The world's gone on without me. I don't know the lingo, the styles...what will become of me?"

Before you can answer, a gunshot rings out and Adam is hit by a bullet in the shoulder. He collapses, clutching his shoulder. Andy instantly awakes, his saw blade revving to life.

On the hillside you see three Raiders rushing towards you. "You're dead meat!"

Initiative. This will be fairly short though.

Raiders:

Raider 1
Defense: 11
DR: 6/large
HP: 25
Weapon: Hunting Rifle

Raider 2
Defense: 11
DR: 7/large
HP: 30
Weapon: Combat knife

Raider 3
Defense: 11
DR: 9/large
HP: 30
Weapon: Brass Knuckles


Human Alchemist 4|Init +1|HP 39/39|Fort 5|Ref 4|Will 4|AC 15

Is everyone awake?
Init:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

I am gonna guess the gunshot woke everyone up...

Lilith wakes up tossing out of her bed at the gunshot. She draws her Shishkebab flicking it on. The light allowing her to see.

Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


M Ghoul Engineer 4 (HP 21/27)

init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Scab will try to bomb them without endangering party members


Male Human Paladin 4

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 initiative


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Crispy will watch untill they get a little bit closer.


For speed, Max Logan will be GMPCd. He's not gonna participate, but he won't be shot.

Initiative Order:
Marcel 25
Andy 18
Crispy 17
Scab 15
Raiders 13
Lilith 11
Edward 3

Andy's turns to face his attackers, his optics lighting up to let him "see." Darkvision 60ft. Also, he had a -1 to initiative, and still beat Edward. Seriously!?

Marcel is up.


Human Alchemist 4|Init +1|HP 39/39|Fort 5|Ref 4|Will 4|AC 15

Marcel raises his blades and braces himself for the raiders, quickly scanning the group to ensure everyone is awake.

Total Defence action.


Andy hovers into action, placing his crosshairs on the nearest Raider, Raider 3, and lets off a plasma bolt in her direction.

To Hit: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

The Raider easily avoids the giant green orb, ducking out of the way. "You're going down, a overgrown tin can!" she shouts at Andy.

Crispy and Scab, you're up in that order.


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

Crispy just sits there, watching as Adam and Andy fight off the raiders.


Scab quickly sets himself up, hurling a bomb at the Raider with the rifle.

To Hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The explosion lights up the night as the Raider gets caught in the blast, staggering away a little.

Raider 1 HP: 20

"Oh you're gonna pay for that!" He shouts as he aims his rifle at Scab, the shot ringing out in the dark, but flying past Scab.

Hunting Rifle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Raiders 2 and 3 continue to rush up to the group, Raider 2 rushing up to Marcel. "You wanna dance? Let's dance!"

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Perfect combo!!

His knife scrapes along Marcel's armor, nicking his arm for 1 point of damage He had a crit chance, so I had to do damage

Lilith is up next.
Raider 3 continues her rush up to Andy, not realizing that his saw blade has an extended reach function. He slices her armor and her flesh, he scream of pain heard by all. Raider 3 HP: 20 Her punch brass knuckles clank against his plating, a few good sized dents becoming apparent. Andy took no damage


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

Lilith is going prepare an action

action:
If a raider shoots at her she is going to rage and charge them.
and then do a quick sweep of the field to see if there is more then those three raiders.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Double nat 1s in a row. I can just see Edward making a Double nat 20 just to spite us.

Adam writhes in pain on the ground. Edward realizes that he must do something.


Male Human Paladin 4

Edward fires on the raider holding the hunting rifle with his laser.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 3d10 ⇒ (7, 2, 7) = 16

Fighting without armor is foolish! Die, raider scum!"


Should have said this earlier. I apologize Lilith.

It appears to be just those three raiders, but you're not entirely sure.

Marcel feels a retaliation is needed against the Raider that tried to hit him.


Human Alchemist 4|Init +1|HP 39/39|Fort 5|Ref 4|Will 4|AC 15

Ignoring the pain and the raider who grazed him, Marcel steps up behind the raider who attacked Andy, and aims a blade at her back.

Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage:1d4 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3


The Raider that Marcel hit starts to bleed HP:17 when Andy fires off a Plasma bolt at her.

To Hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Damage: 5d8 ⇒ (2, 4, 7, 1, 3) = 17

The Raider drops to her knees before collapsing with a groan.

"Don't you turn away from me!" The Raider that turned on Marcel shouts before swinging at him with his knife, but hitting only air. Attack of Opportunity


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

"Raiders... huh."

Crispy then throws a bomb at the closest raider that doesn't have any ally nearby.

To Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 +1 if within 30'
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 +1 if within 30'


Raider 2 receives both a bomb and a plasma bolt.

Plasma Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Plasma Damage: 5d8 ⇒ (1, 8, 2, 3, 6) = 20

"Fear the Bomb Brothers!" Sorry, couldn't help it.

The Raider is now very hurt after getting a face full of Blamco Bomb and plasma pistol, he's not very happy about it, nor is he wanting to continue the fight.

"F*ck this! I'm outta here!" Raider 2 hobbles away (Full Withdraw) clutching his right leg with his bleeding right arm. He passes right in front of Lilith, not realizing she's still there. Raider 1 takes off one more shot at Scab 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 but hearing his gun jam. He drops it and runs over the berm and out of sight. (Full Withdraw as well)

Andy floats over to Adam as fast as his jets will let him. "Master? Are you alright?"

Adam groans as he rolls onto his back, still clutching his shoulder. "I'm fine Andy...Keep watch, will ya?" He groans again as blood starts to flow from his wound. He was holding it in until now. He need medical attention, quick.

Raider Spoils:
1 set of Brass knuckles
1 Jet
2 .32 rounds
1 Hunting Rifle (5 jam range)
1 Raider Blastmaster Armor

If Lilith kills the Raider 2:
1 Combat Knife
1 Raider Badlands Armor


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

AOO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 7) + 4 = 13 I am not sure how much he has left, however 7 points go through since it is fire damage.


M Ghoul Engineer 4 (HP 21/27)

heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 using scraps of his clothing to gauze the wound until he can get better attention


Male Human 1 Cleric (Merciful Healer)

Moving quickly to Andy's side, Max begins doing what has been trained to to do. Seeing that Scab is living up his name, Max chuckles saying, "Sure you haven't been spending time in the medical library?"
Touching the man's wounded shoulder, Max places a glowing gauntlet on the wound.

Cure light wounds 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


M Ghoul Engineer 4 (HP 21/27)

"I have studied various chemicals, including blood. Not just the explodey ones. Those are just the most fun, heh heh" says Scab.


Adam grits his teeth against the pain of his shoulder healing up. "That...really hurts..."

Adam will be healed enough to move in the morning.

"Andy, could you look around for more trouble?" [-groan- "We don't want another interruption like that."

"Of course, sir." Andy floats away to look for any more danger, returning a few moments later. "Area is secured, sir."

Ok, that's enough excitement for one adventure. You'll reach Old Orleans in the morning.


Human Alchemist 4|Init +1|HP 39/39|Fort 5|Ref 4|Will 4|AC 15

Marcel reaches into his backpack and pulls out a Medical Brace. "Here you go, Adam. This should help you keep up with us in the morning."


Slipping the brace on, Adam groans a little more, before stopping. "Thanks Marcel...I should be fine. We should...try to get some sleep..."

The sun rises the next morning, the night passing without incident other than the Raiders. As you travel to the city, the sun rises to another clouded day.

The outside of Old Orleans is a large wall of sheet metal and Sniper Posts. As you approach the main gate, there is a voice over a loud speaker.

"Identify yourselves, or we will open fire. This is your only warning."


M Ghoul Engineer 4 (HP 21/27)

"Scab. I live here."


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

"Crispy. I live here, too."


Human Alchemist 4|Init +1|HP 39/39|Fort 5|Ref 4|Will 4|AC 15

"Marcel. I don't live here."


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

"SSssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... They might not let you in"


Human Alchemist 4|Init +1|HP 39/39|Fort 5|Ref 4|Will 4|AC 15

Marcel flashes Crispy a rare smile. "I'm a merchant. They'll let me in. They need me. And if not, we have our very own Paladin.


Male Human Paladin 4

Edward cranks the voice-amp on his armor to maximum volume, "Knight-Brother Edward Monroe and Medic Max Logan returning from investigation sweep. Requesting permission to enter with three additional citizens, two non-citizens, and one artificial life-form"

Slinging his assault rifle, he steps into the center of the street and raises his hand in salute.


Male Human 1 Cleric (Merciful Healer)

Max moves to Edward's side flashing being sure to make his medical officer's heraldry is in plain sight. "We have much information forthe scribes and need access to the city with all do haste, brothers."


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

Lilith sighs before putting her hands behind her head, Lilith Garndens I am a traveler, and a scavenger selling what I find to locals. She then proceeds to stretch.


The speaker is silent for a moment.

Suddenly, the gates open with a loud metallic screech. The voice on the loud speaker talks again. "You may enter Old Orleans. Steel be with you, Brother Edward and Maxwell."

When you enter the city, you find yourselves near the outskirts but still near the city center. As you approach, a Paladin in more ornate Power Armor approaches with two more Paladins behind him. He does not wear his helmet, so you can see he's an older man, his hair turning grey and his goatee needing a little trimming. A scar running from his right temple down his cheek says he's seen battle.

"Brother Edward, welcome back. I trust your journey was successful." He turns to Adam and Andy. "Welcome to Old Orleans, Vault Dweller. I am Star Paladin Richards, head of this chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel. We can help you get accommodate to the life we can provide you in Old Orleans in exchange for the information we wish to learn from the Vault."

"I'll gladly tell you what I know, Richards, just as long as my new friends here can be accommodated as well."

Star Paladin Richards nods. "Very well, I'll see what I can do for them. Come with me and we'll see what we can do."

Richards looks to Edward. "Scribe Clovis has been having all Steel Brothers to see him in the medbay. That shall be your first order, Brother Edward. After that, you may take the next couple of days off. You've earned it."

Richards, Adam and Andy depart for one of the buildings nearby. Edwards realizes that they are headed for the communications center to contact Brotherhood Command in Washington DC.

Good work guys. As per tradition in Fallout, after your first mission, well...congradulations everyone...

Brother Edward:
As Brother Edward heads down to the Medbay, he can't help but wonder what's going to happen to him.

Down in the Medbay, Scribe Clovis is at a chemistry set when he hears Edward enter. "Ah, Brother Edward. Just in time. There is something I wanted to give you."

Scribe Clovis brings back a from his medical cabinet a gauntlet with 3 Stimpaks attached via a mechanical clasp. "This will allow you to inject an ally or yourself with a Stimpak without having to find and use a Stimpak in the field. I've found a way to recharge them overnight, but it can only work 3 times a day. Use it well. Now, I have things I need to attend to." And with that he heads back to working on the chemistry set.

Marcel:
At the meeting spot, your contact is waiting. "Good work. I'll make sure Command receives this. They made sure to reward you, so here, take this." From under his coat the contact gives you a silenced 10 mil pistol, but this one is in much better condition than any you'd see in the Wastes. [ooc]You received a MW Silenced 10mil Pistol. It may be used in a sneak attack and bypass DR. "Keep up the good work." Your contact gives you a small salute before heading about his business.

The rest of you may RP how you receive your 2nd lvl bonuses. Good work on the first mission.


Male Human Paladin 4

"Star Paladin, sir! Yes, sir!"

In the medbay: "Scribe, this is invaluable tech. I appreciate your hard work & dedication to the cause. Steel be with you."

Tallying up the spoils & decompressing after such an excursion, Edward takes his time wandering around the Brotherhood complex as well as the city proper.

Somewhere along his walk, a new confidence wells up in the young soldier's spirit.

"I can do this," he thinks. "I really car make this blasted and damaged world better."


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

Lilith spends some time alone in her room training in a slight rage to be better. She scores a hit on her dummy cutting even deeper then before in her rage. She then finishes and is exhausted. After sitting for a little though she feels better. I feel Much stronger when angered. She says softly to herself.


Male Human 1 Cleric (Merciful Healer)

Following Edward to the Medbay to check in, Max says, "This new armor is really somethin' else, Clovis. You really out did yourself. Between the programs you uploaded and the Stim generator, I barely need to use the old bandage and turnoquet routine these days. I am really lookng forward to what ever it is you can glean from what we brought back from Vault 33." With that, Logan leaves his medic armor on its rack for program updates and refreshing. Time to relax a bit in the library after our de-briefing is through. Gotta keep sharp.

251 to 300 of 1,659 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Old Orleans, New Trouble Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.