Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Old Orleans, New Trouble: A Fallout Campaign

Game Master SinBlade06

Old Orleans is in need of heros. Is this you? A campaign based off of Fallout 3.


101 to 150 of 1,806 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human 1 Cleric (Merciful Healer)

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

"Once we are inside, we need to secure this portal again. If we know this open, then other things will also. We don't need any surprise visitors.", Logan says as he maintains his vigil at the rear of the formation.


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
"I isn't it strange that we haven't seen any bodies?"


Male Human Paladin 4

"It is possible this Vault was never inhabited. If those skeletons on the outside were any indication, there were people trying to gain access when the bombs fell in the war."

Edward thinks through that line of reasoning a bit further.

"That could mean a veritable treasure trove of knowledge, technology, and material, untouched by human hands and locked away for the past hundred years or so. If so, this Vault is all the more valuable for it!"

"Take nothing for granted, though. Remain on your guard, since we don't know what really happened. Perhaps the logs on some of these computers will fill us in. I know the Scribes keep detailed records of our past, these folks surely did the same."

Remaining on point with his assault rifle ready, Edward steadily moves towards the Overseer's office.


The Overseer's Office can be accessed from the doorway on the south wall where you came in.

As you are headed into the doorway, Marcel is the only one to not hear the familiar sound of an alarm cry.

Graaahhh!!!!

From the second floor you see a Feral Ghoul jump off the landing and place itself about 30ft from the group. You can hear the sound of other Ghouls starting to run to see what's going on.

The DC was a 10. Initiative everyone! Marcel, you only get one standard action this round. After that, normal movement. I'll need perception checks from everyone but Marcel.


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

"... Crap..."


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

Lilith jumps at the sight of the ghoul. "What the hell?! This place was supposed to be locked so as to not let any radiation in to make ghouls let alone feral ones."

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


M Ghoul Engineer 4 (HP 19/27)

init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"Unless the vault's people were trapped in and the place got filled with radiation..."


Male Human Paladin 4

"Either way, prepare to defend yourselves!"

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 initiative.


Male Human 1 Cleric (Merciful Healer)

Did I see anything with my 23 Perception roll?

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"Move to cover and setup overlapping lanes of fire!",the medic yells as he prepares to blow a massive hole in the lead attacker.

No scabby skinned, shambling a-hole gonna get the jumpon me, lol.


Human Alchemist 4|Init +1|HP 39/39|Fort 5|Ref 4|Will 4|AC 15

Busy studying the other doors, Marcel misses the ghoul until it gets far too close for comfort.

"Damn..." he mutters

Init:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


The 23 was to notice the Ghoul, so you totally saw that.

Max had yelled to get to cover, but sadly, there is no cover. The Atrium is very open, and soon filling with 6 feral ghouls.

Lilith:
The tattered clothing on the feral ghouls is a blue and yellow color, and every single one of them is wearing a Pip-Boy 3000.

Initiative Order:
Logan-22
Crispy-12
Feral Ghouls 11
Marcel- 10+
Lilith- 10
Scab-6
Edward-3

Brother Edward, I still need an perception for the fight. The DC is a 20, so only Lilith sees it right now.


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

She looks the gouls over, "Crap...Guys, these ghouls are the vault dwellers!!! There must have been a leak or something to change them into these things!" She shouts to the rest of the party.


Male Human Paladin 4

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 Perception

note the negative perception. If it's DC 20+, I don't stand a chance to see it.


Male Human 1 Cleric (Merciful Healer)

Sighting in on the nearest ghoul, Max squeezes the trigger on his massive revolver.

Attack+Point Blank Range 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
DM+Point Blank Range 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 1 = 10


The .44's massive gunshot echos in the Atrium as the first ghoul takes it clean in the chest, stumbling backward a little before falling on the ground, a pool of rotten blood forming beneath it.

Very good roll. 1 down, 5 to go.

Crispy's up.


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

"Sorry, brethren! HAHA!" Crispy says while tossing a Bomb towards the closest one.

Bomb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 +1 if they are within 30 feet.
Bomb Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 +1 if they are within 30 feet.


EDIT:Two ghouls get caught in the blast, getting thrown in the air. The other ghouls are not deterred. One of the ghouls that was thrown quickly stands back up, its left arm hanging uselessly.

2 down, 4 to go

The ghouls quickly rush up to Crispy...and run right past him to try and swing at Max, only adding scratches to his Combat Armor.

Marcel is up.

Thank you for the pointer Crispy. I forgot that Splash damage does less.


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

Splash damage is only 5 points of damage. That's not a lot of health.

EDIT: no problem.


Male Human 1 Cleric (Merciful Healer)

"These things are all over me, Monroe. I could really use some help here.", Max says coolly into his comm-unit.


Male Human Paladin 4

"Engaging targets."

Edward charges the closest feral ghoul harassing Logan, swinging with his right fist.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 power attack gauntlet 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 damage.

"Taste steel, monster!"


Human Alchemist 4|Init +1|HP 39/39|Fort 5|Ref 4|Will 4|AC 15

Marcel turns around and charges at one of the ghouls scratching vainly at Max's armour. He raises a knife and tries to shove it in the ghoul's irradiated kidneys.

Charge into a Flank.
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Switchblade damage:1d4 ⇒ 1
Sneak attack:1d8 ⇒ 1


The ghoul didn't see it coming, but it also attempted to get into a better position at the same time as Marcel's attack, and Marcel's blade tastes nothing but air.

Edward, you're acting out of turn. We'll save your action for when your turn rolls around.

Lilith, you're up.


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

Lilith runs up to the ghoul that Marcel missed swinging at with her large fire axe.

To hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


With a mighty swing, the ghoul falls. Its head hits the ground about 2 seconds later.

Scab's turn. This is gonna be fun.


M Ghoul Engineer 4 (HP 19/27)

im having a hard time picturing where everyone is, but im going to assume its not safe for me to bomb. I will move up to one that i can get to without subjecting myself to AoOs, then attack. If possible i attack one that hasnt been attacked yet, knowing that this punch will kill.

attack with ballistic fist: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1 (+2 if flanking)
dmg: 1d4 + 4d12 ⇒ (1) + (1, 9, 11, 8) = 30


This is to see if you even hit the ghoul with your punch. You can do this yourself. Your misfire rate with your Ballistic Fist is now a 3. If you find a sawn off shotgun or double-barreled shotgun, you can fix it.

Hit with Fist: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Scab hears a click as his ballistic fist misfires. He still manages to hit the Ghoul, but the punch doesn't seem to go all the way through. The Ghoul staggers for a moment, then turns on its molten-skinned brother.

"Taste steel, monster!" And taste steel it does, as Edward's fist connects with the ghoul's mouth, the sound of teeth breaking and bone snapping echoing through the Atrium. When the ghouls is right again, its mouth is red with blood as its jaw hangs useless on its face.

Max, you're up.

Just so everyone's clear, there were 6 ghouls. 1-3 are dead. 4 is missing his teeth, 5 just got punched by Scab, and 6 is "all right" now.


Male Human 1 Cleric (Merciful Healer)

Seeing the the ghoul's chest blow out at the end of his revolver, Max sights in on the next. Beading down on the next in line,he lets rip again.

ATK 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
DMG 2d8 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10


Max's shot strikes the wall on the far side of the Atrium, the feral ghoul being missed completely.

Crispy, you're up.


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

Crispy provides moral support. Pass.


Crispy, you have a 10mil pistol that you are proficient with. But if you want to pass, you pass.

The ghoul that Scab attempted to punch turns on him, swinging down and scratching his armor.

The ghoul that had its mouth punched attempts to strike back, only adding to the scratches on Brother Edward's armor.

The ghoul with the broken arm charges up to Crispy, trying to swing at him and only getting air.

Max and Lilith may make an AoO on the ghoul attacking Crispy.

Marcel, you're up.


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

Lilith takes a swing at the ghoul as he hobbles past.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


M Ghoul Engineer 4 (HP 19/27)

"Piece of s*+@... let's see how they like this instead" says Scab, taking a shot with his pistol instead. aiming at an uninjured ghoul if possible, because this will totally kill one of them all the way (for real this time guys, i promise)

ATK: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
DMG: 5d8 ⇒ (1, 1, 5, 4, 5) = 16 Plasma DMG


Human Alchemist 4|Init +1|HP 39/39|Fort 5|Ref 4|Will 4|AC 15

Cursing at his miss, Marcel steps to the side and tries to strike again with both blades.

Assuming I can 5-foot-step into a Flank, and that the ghoul I tried to hit before is still alive..
Attack 1:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Attack 2:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Weapon damage 1:1d4 ⇒ 1
Weapon damage 2:1d4 ⇒ 3
Sneak stab damage 1:1d8 ⇒ 1
Sneak stab damage 2:1d8 ⇒ 5


Male Human 1 Cleric (Merciful Healer)

AoO 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 DMG 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 1 = 10

Max takes another breath and fires on the distracted monster shambling toward his companion.


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

"Go team go!"

Pass


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

I know that Marcel went and there has been no resolution posted, however I shall pass as well. Want some others to do some ghoul squishing as well.


Marcel, I'm gonna apply Weapon Finesse to your last attack, since I know you want it.

The charging ghoul gets shot and slashed, the mangled corpse falling to the ground.

Marcel's blades strike true, the ghoul receiving a few new cuts along its back before falling face first onto the ground.

Scab's plasma pistol charges, then lets off a large green ball of plasma which strikes the ghoul in the chest, a hole burned into the ghoul and cauterized at the same time.

Combat is over

The Atrium is now empty, aside from the new additions on the floor. The lights give off a warm glow, almost as though you were under the open sun.

The Engineering bay, Infirmary, sleeping quarters, Diner, Lobby, and Overseer's Office have yet to be explored.

What you find in each section can be found with a taken 20 on Perception. I'll have the spoils up when you search, but you can only search one room at a time.


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

"It is at this moment that I think that we should split up. We can cover more ground this way. Brother, do you want to check out the Engineering bay or the Diner?"


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

"I do not think that is a wise idea, we could get into another situation like just now." Lilith says softly as she cleans her axe.

That and we can only do one room at a time, along with what could happen if there is something that we need a specialist for and they are in some other room.


M Ghoul Engineer 4 (HP 19/27)

"as much as I'd like to split up and see engineering first, I think she's right. Let's stick together, see the overseers office and then engineering, ten medical. We can end in the diner over some nice Mac n cheese!"


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

"Sounds like a plan."


As you enter the overseers office, there is a desk that stands in the middle of the room. Papers of all sorts scattered about along with clipboards and mugs. An empty chair sits in front of the desk were the authority of power would normally sit now empty. There is a large computer behind the desk with monitors that show everything in the vault almost like a security system. There is a computer screen with keyboard at the very bottom, the screen black as it is turned off. A locker dons the right wall obviously were the overseer would keep his things.

Before anyone does anything can I get a perception check from everyone?


Female Human 3rd Barbarian

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


M Ghoul Engineer 4 (HP 19/27)

Relevant checks:

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 as asked

disable device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 on lockers/safes if necessary

scavenging: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 to find stuff when the lockers and safes are open

engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 to get into/use the computer and do some investigating on there and assess the security of the place once we figure out what happened to turn these people into feral ghouls.


Male Ghoul Alchemist 3

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Appraise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 to see if there are any worthwhile objects in this room, such as a usable revolver or magazines.


Male Human 1 Cleric (Merciful Healer)

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Paladin 4

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 perception

"Very odd. I wonder what caused this Vault to experience such losses."


Marcel, you'll see it automatically

"Don't hurt me!" in a scraggly voice is heard by everyone but Edward, The DC was a 5. How do you miss that!? coming from a hunched over figure in the corner covering his face with his arms to protect himself.

We'll save those other rolls for if they'd be needed.


M Ghoul Engineer 4 (HP 19/27)

That's a big ol' helmet he has on hahaha


M Ghoul Engineer 4 (HP 19/27)

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" asks Scab, while holding his gun alert.

101 to 150 of 1,806 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Old Orleans, New Trouble Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.