Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike:
Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy.
Can the PCs survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

The Charter | Party Loot | Oleg's Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


6,251 to 6,300 of 7,062 << first < prev | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | next > last >>

Skills:
Perc:+9|Stealth:+11|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+8|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob/Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:42/42|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+7|CMD:21|Fort:+7|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 1

Zokon holds his hands up.. she seems to be innocent enough.. just holding on and yelling...


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | Oleg's Trading Post | Tactical Map Folio
Numalar Auritonius wrote:
Totally forgot I can speak Sylvan! :) BTW, what language are you using for Sylvan?

For her I'm using Quenya with some tweaks.


She pauses.

"'Noom-maul-are'?" She repeats.

"Erevenywg." She says indicating herself.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Another Fey. The last ones wanted us to get eaten by a demonic Bear. Evil creatures. No good dealing with them or getting involved in whatever shenanigans caused this.
Staying back from the Stone circle, looking at the Scene, her Estoc drawn, Alia shouts: "Mín are randir charting hi dór. Mín meant onlui na help ir mín saw cin torech ennas. Mín foeg baw trast-. "

Sylvan:
"We are wanderers charting this land. We meant only to help when we saw you lay there. We mean no trouble."

"She seems fine again now. We shouldn't trouble the lady any more than necessary - she seems like she needs some time to come to terms with her situation."

Sense Motive DC 12:

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Alia is afraid of the woman, thats why she wants to leave.

Oh, as a player I'm intrigued to learn more. But Fey is one race Alia does have fearful respect for and wants to avoid them.


Skills:
Perc:+9|Stealth:+11|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+8|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob/Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:42/42|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+7|CMD:21|Fort:+7|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

"Those of us that can communicate with her, please see if you can find useful information and if not let's get out of here, the fey can be mysterious and unearthly."


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | -6 Str | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 13 F 15(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 20 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 5 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire)

Scarlet springs into action as the creature grapples Celyne, then calms down once she seems to calm down.

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Everyone's talking some language Scarlet doesn't understand. Again. "Hmm. No one around here speaks Ignan or Dwarven, I feel..."

"So what is she saying? Does she know what these stones are about?"


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Celyne wiggles a little in the woman's grip...

sylvan:
"You can let go now... ow!"

cmb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


"-O nút-. Apsene- me."

Sylvan:
"Of course. Forgive me."

Sovereign Court

Male Lava Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +8, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 2/8 2nd: 4/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
Scarlet Scarab wrote:
"So what is she saying? Does she know what these stones are about?"

"At first she was babbling... like she had just come out of a bad dream. A cave going in a circle, running, a 'water arrow,' a reward for a deer's head. I didn't make any sense of it. When she woke she was startled, and didn't know where she was."

"Her name seems to be Erevenywg"

Numalar turns back to Erevenywg.

"Care-tye sinte a nat-o sí ondoë? Tar seems ana n-some ingóle símen. Emme símen er yenya, ar sina ambal vamme símen."

"Care-tye enyal-manen tye got símen?"

BTW, Can I place her accent?

Sylvan:
"Do you know anything about these stones? There seems to be some magic here. We visited them once before, and this stone wasn't here then."

"Do you remember how you got here?"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | Oleg's Trading Post | Tactical Map Folio
Numalar Auritonius wrote:

Can I place her accent?

Numalar can with a Knowledge (geography) DC 12, or Linguistics DC 20.

Everyone else who can speak Sylvan can with a Knowledge (geography) DC 20, or Linguistics DC 22.

success:
The accent comes from the First World.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | -6 Str | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 13 F 15(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 20 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 5 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire)

"A bad dream? Well, she's okay now." Scarlet takes a look. "Then again if I woke up bloody on a stone circle I'd be confused, too."

"What does she plan to do now? Who left her to bleed out here?"


Numalar Auritonius wrote:

"At first she was babbling... like she had just come out of a bad dream. A cave going in a circle, running, a 'water arrow,' a reward for a deer's head. I didn't make any sense of it. When she woke she was startled, and didn't know where she was."

"Her name seems to be Erevenywg"

Numalar turns back to Erevenywg.

"Care-tye sinte a nat-o sí ondoë? Tar seems ana n-some ingóle símen. Emme símen er yenya, ar sina ambal vamme símen."

"Care-tye enyal-manen tye got símen?"

She looks around as if unsure of her surroundings, before concentrating on Numalar.

"I cemen corin? Ni sinte vamme -o tien. Manen did ni túl símen?. Am ni limbe late? Limbe arinya? Ni was eala roita- bime- ni pole- vamme nimeár-. -yes na- móre. Noom-maul-are was -yes?"

Accented Sylvan:
"The stone circle? I know not of them. How did I come here? ... Am I too late? Too soon? I was being pursued by- I cannot tell. It is black. Numalar was it?"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | Oleg's Trading Post | Tactical Map Folio
Scarlet Scarab wrote:

"A bad dream? Well, she's okay now." Scarlet takes a look. "Then again if I woke up bloody on a stone circle I'd be confused, too."

"What does she plan to do now? Who left her to bleed out here?"

She didn't have any wounds beyond a lot of scratches, you might assume (or with a DC 15 heal check, know for sure) that she was exhausted and suffering from exposure.

MAP UPDATED.


Male Kobold Warrior 1 | 5 hp

Mikmek makes a noise in his throat and kicks a stone to one side.


Female Human Adept 1

"Oh my lords! A young lady can't go wandering about half-clothed like that through the hills with the nights as cold as they are! If only she had a kind patron who might buy her some good, warm clothes." Naleksa says looking at the gnomes in the party.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | -6 Str | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 13 F 15(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 20 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 5 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire)

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

"Oh! Good point!" Scarlet's overeagerness to do something causes her to fish up some change. "Er, how much for a coat? I know you've got something in there, Naleksa. You seem to have something for every situation."

Scarlet buys a warm coat for Erevenywg. "Er, here ya go. Oh, and a waterskin. You must be thirsty."

"Somebody tell her it's water and clothing."

Sovereign Court

Male Lava Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +8, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 2/8 2nd: 4/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

Numalar tries to place her accent.

Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

He looks at her again, more closely. The First World? If so, she is almost certainly fey. But what kind?

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"She says she doesn't know anything about the stones. Perhaps they are some kind of portal? Her accent is from the First World itself."

Numalar turns back to Erevenywg.

"Aya, Numalar. Are tye-o i minya cemen? Sina na-i óna cemen. -yes lótesse n-whime tye care-vamme sinte sina sinome. Mana did tye care-at-mardi? "

As Scarlet hands the objects to Erevenywg, he says:

"Símen na-collo ar nen."

Sylvan:
"Yes, Numalar. Are you of the first world? This is the material plane. It may be why you do not know this place. What did you do back home?"

"Here's a cloak and water."

Sovereign Court

Male Lava Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +8, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 2/8 2nd: 4/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
Mikmek, Sootscale Hero wrote:
Mikmek makes a noise in his throat and kicks a stone to one side.

Numalar looks aside at Mikmek.

"vay' vIHtaHbogh ghaH DaSov'a'?", he whispers.

Draconic:
"Do you know anything about her?"


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"I think she needs to rest a bit more. I know your kind is easily excited for things, but don't overwhelm her like that.", Alia attempts to dissuade Numalar from his onslaught of questions and explanations.
Realizing there is little chance of success, she glances at the surrounding area, for anybody watching.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Not that she really expected to see anything, if this was some Fey prank, they would only realize there were more than one when those Fey were laughing over the cruelsome death of one of her friends.
"I don't feel comfortable around these stones. I'll see if I can hunt something for dinner." Is the new stone per chance anywhere near where we buried the corpse before? - not that MY int check would have revealed that, but Scarlet is a stone fetishist...
Cold iron. I need a cold iron weapon sheen.
Looking at the First Worlder once more as she mounts up again and prepares to ride ahead, Alia lowers her head and speaks:
"Myladime, namárië. Lótesse i tier tye lelime- péle- tye mardi safelime."

Sylvan:
"Mylady, farewell. May the roads you travel return you home safely."

Survival to hunt: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Numalar Auritonius wrote:

Numalar tries to place her accent.

He looks at her again, more closely. The First World? If so, she is almost certainly fey. But what kind?

Hard to tell; she's tall, lean, has pale skin, blonde hair, huge magenta eyes, and a tiny button nose and small mouth. Basically she looks like her picture; like an anime character. It is entirely possible given her supposed point of origin that she is unique.

Numalar Auritonius wrote:

Numalar turns back to Erevenywg.

"Aya, Numalar. Are tye-o i minya cemen? Sina na-i óna cemen. -yes lótesse n-whime tye care-vamme sinte sina sinome. Mana did tye care-at-mardi? "

"Ni am -o yenya. Sí ni am present. Ni care- vamme sinte -yes sí mal ni indóme sinte -yes. Mardi?

Sylvan:
"Yes, I am from before. Now I am present. I do not know it now, but I will know it soon. Home?"

Numalar Auritonius wrote:

As Scarlet hands the objects to Erevenywg, he says:

"Símen na-collo ar nen."

"Hanta, Noom-maul-are." She accepts the items reverently.

Sylvan:
"Thank you, Numalar."


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

As long as it's just her. If Ruhtra or Tolecnal show up, that will be more problematic. Also pretty sure she's from Tolemac in Noelreac. *smile* I know my Fey. They are dangerous. All of them. *points at Username of main Profile*


Female Human Adept 1
Scarlet Scarab wrote:

"Oh! Good point!" Scarlet's overeagerness to do something causes her to fish up some change. "Er, how much for a coat? I know you've got something in there, Naleksa. You seem to have something for every situation."

Scarlet buys a warm coat for Erevenywg. "Er, here ya go. Oh, and a waterskin. You must be thirsty."

"Somebody tell her it's water and clothing."

"Here, I made you a receipt."

Receipt wrote:
  • Traveler's Outfit (boots, a wool skirt, a sturdy belt, a shirt, a vest, and an ample cloak with a hood)..... 11 sp
  • Waterskin..... 11 sp
    TOTAL ........... 22 sp

  • Male Kobold Warrior 1 | 5 hp
    Numalar Auritonius wrote:

    Numalar looks aside at Mikmek.

    "vay' vIHtaHbogh ghaH DaSov'a'?", he whispers.

    "Grr, Hoch tIq Hab wa' legh rap mInDu'wIj HochHom-bIquv muS wa'." Says Mimmek from the safety of the outside of the stone ring.

    Draconic:
    "All the tall Smooth Ones look alike to my eyes, Most-Beneficent Despised One."


    I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | Oleg's Trading Post | Tactical Map Folio
    Alia of the Blade wrote:

    "I think she needs to rest a bit more. I know your kind is easily excited for things, but don't overwhelm her like that.", Alia attempts to dissuade Numalar from his onslaught of questions and explanations.

    Realizing there is little chance of success, she glances at the surrounding area, for anybody watching.

    No one about aside from your group that you can see. It is a nice if slightly cool day upon the wind-swept heath.


    | Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | -6 Str | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 13 F 15(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 20 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 5 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire)

    "Seventeen, eighteen... bah! Lemme just give you one piece of gold and twelve silver." Scarlet stores the receipt and pays Naleska for services rendered.

    "Does she know where she wants to go, or...? I know we need to bring Mikmek back home so we can get the radishes."


    I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | Oleg's Trading Post | Tactical Map Folio

    Decisions, decisions.

    Sovereign Court

    Male Lava Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +8, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
    Resources:
    Spell Slots available: 1st: 2/8 2nd: 4/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
    Alia of the Blade wrote:
    As long as it's just her. If Ruhtra or Tolecnal show up, that will be more problematic. Also pretty sure she's from Tolemac in Noelreac. *smile* I know my Fey. They are dangerous. All of them. *points at Username of main Profile*

    On second thought, let's not go to Tolemac. It is a rather silly place.

    Not sure why you don't trust her; she's a dead ringer for the Queen of Kyonin :) (I think that's her picture from the Inner Sea World Guide).

    Sovereign Court

    Male Lava Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +8, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
    Resources:
    Spell Slots available: 1st: 2/8 2nd: 4/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
    Erevenywg wrote:
    "Ni am -o yenya. Sí ni am present. Ni care- vamme sinte -yes sí mal ni indóme sinte -yes. Mardi?

    "Well... that was rather cryptic. Not certain what it means."

    Numalar translates the woman's words for those who don't understand.

    Go ahead and read the spoilers.

    "Emme vamme osán-ana hir tye símen. Are tye ilya foraime? Mana tye ve ana care-sí? Tye mére-ana linne-sinome?"

    Sylvan:
    "We did not expect to find you here. Are you all right? What would you like to do now? Did you want to go some place?"


    Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

    Oh, simple, really. Fey consider mortals as entertainment at best. Not the best basis for cooperation of any sort. They can be very cruel(as befits their frequent connection with nature). Their "pranking" often crosses all borders of good taste...long story short: I went with an interpretation of Fey that is more akin to the northern european mythology views...the Sidhe were to be respected, but it was quite common to be afraid and hope they would not cause ...misfortune. Basically to her, Fey are not "CG", but at best "CN", and as likely to do something nice as to try and get you murdered(as the last Fey attempted with the demonic bear) because that would be funnier.

    Sovereign Court

    Male Lava Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +8, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
    Resources:
    Spell Slots available: 1st: 2/8 2nd: 4/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

    The ":)" indicates that it was a joke.

    After all, if you can't trust the Queen of Kyonin, who can you trust?


    Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

    Well. I'm pretty sure I can't trust the Queen. She's been corrupted by left-wing social-liberal lobbyists who believe in equality. Progressive. Pah. I did not vote for her. Luckily, there's others, working to make Kyonin great again!

    That, and her brother basically spoon-fed Alia Winter-Council propaganda since she was little, making her see how all they did and wanted was for the benefit of all the golarion races, and that to reach a golden age, you need to follow a golden path.
    So to answer your question: Her brother. Alia utterly trusts her elder brother. Who also basically sent her on this mission.


    Skills:
    Perc:+9|Stealth:+11|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+8|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob/Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
    HP:42/42|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+7|CMD:21|Fort:+7|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 1

    Zokon not understanding all that is going on is clearly getting bored.. "Yes yes have we got any useful information yet? She seems ok so if not shall we continue on?"


    | Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | -6 Str | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 13 F 15(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 20 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 5 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire)

    "Numalar said she seems lost. But we really should get movin'. Ask if she wants to travel with us until her memory returns. Er, if you guys are okay with it."


    Alia of the Blade wrote:
    Well. I'm pretty sure I can't trust the Queen. She's been corrupted by left-wing social-liberal lobbyists who believe in equality. Progressive. Pah. I did not vote for her. Luckily, there's others, working to make Kyonin great again!

    The weird, lecherous, orange gnome with the big red tie, and small hands?

    Numalar Auritonius wrote:
    Erevenywg wrote:
    "Ni am -o yenya. Sí ni am present. Ni care- vamme sinte -yes sí mal ni indóme sinte -yes. Mardi?

    "Well... that was rather cryptic. Not certain what it means."

    Numalar translates the woman's words for those who don't understand.

    Go ahead and read the spoilers.

    "Emme vamme osán-ana hir tye símen. Are tye ilya foraime?"

    "Lala Noom-maul-are, perina -o me na- hyarya." She says seriously.

    Sylvan:
    "No Noom-maul-are, half of me is left." She says seriously.

    Alia of the Blade wrote:
    "Mana tye ve ana care-sí? Tye mére-ana linne-sinome?"

    "Lótesse ni túl as tye, Noom-maul-are?"

    Sylvan:
    "Could I come with you, Noom-maul-are?"


    Female Human Adept 1
    Scarlet Scarab wrote:
    "Numalar said she seems lost. But we really should get movin'. Ask if she wants to travel with us until her memory returns. Er, if you guys are okay with it."

    "As you know, I do offer companionship services, if you need someone to look after her...."


    I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | Oleg's Trading Post | Tactical Map Folio
    RPGGGM wrote:
    Decisions, decisions.

    Feel free to discuss in the discussion thread.


    hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
    skills:
    acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

    watch out for your ya-ya's - that orange gnome with the little hands is a p---y-grabber.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | Oleg's Trading Post | Tactical Map Folio

    "LOOK OUT LUNA!"


    I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | Oleg's Trading Post | Tactical Map Folio
    RPGGGM wrote:
    RPGGGM wrote:
    Decisions, decisions.
    Feel free to discuss in the discussion thread.

    Yep...


    | Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | -6 Str | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 13 F 15(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 20 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 5 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire)

    Uh, I guess we have 1 vote for taking the fey with us?


    I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | Oleg's Trading Post | Tactical Map Folio

    The aye's have it! Moving on. No complaints! That's how we elect our government representatives here in the States. If you don't vote, you've got nothing to complain about. I of course voted the last time out, so I can complain all I want.

    The party, with their strange guest(s) in tow, finishes their survey of the surrounding area noting the new stone among the other menhir in the stone circle.

    They press on. After a long, uphill march into the forest they arrive at the former bandit camp near the Thorn River ford.

    Later that evening at camp....

    Map updated (pages 1 and 2).


    Skills:
    Perc:+9|Stealth:+11|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+8|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob/Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
    HP:42/42|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+7|CMD:21|Fort:+7|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 1

    "We should use the platforms for those on watch?" while lounging by the fire


    | Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | -6 Str | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 13 F 15(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 20 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 5 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire)

    "Sounds like a good idea." Scarlet yawns. "Naleksa, can you keep watch over um, Erevenywg? I gotta pay for that, right?"


    Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

    Hey, as a player, you would get an aye. The character would be clear Nay. We compromised to abstain, as a result.
    "No good will come of this...", Alia mumbles to herself watching the Fey and the Gnome, then responding to Zokon in normal volume:"A fine enough idea for those with a bow. I would guess Luna or Scarlet are more efficient down here, though. If one of the platforms remains unused, I would prefer to sleep up there tonight."

    Sovereign Court

    Male Lava Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +8, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
    Resources:
    Spell Slots available: 1st: 2/8 2nd: 4/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
    Zokon Santyev wrote:


    "We should use the platforms for those on watch?" while lounging by the fire

    "Hmmm... it's a good idea, but I don't think I could get Sir Didymus up there, and I am not sure I want to leave him all alone on the ground."

    "But what Alia says makes sense; it is probably safer to sleep up there than on the ground."


    I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | Oleg's Trading Post | Tactical Map Folio

    dice:
    2d100 ⇒ (1, 15) = 162d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

    Night passes into a rosy-tinged, dim pre-dawn.

    Posh and Alia's watch. What are you up too?


    Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

    Alia sits as far away from their Fey 'Guest' as possible...also meaning that she can keep watch in that direction while keeping her in view.

    The early parts of the shift went slowly, and hearing was as important, if not more so, than vision, during the time the fire only provided a small circle of illumination in the dark.
    During that time, Alia idly grooms/pets/plays with/feeds Vega, his fine-linked chain-collar fixed to a leash to provide him a limited amount of free roaming near his mistress.
    Handle Animal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
    As the sun begins to rise, and it becomes easier to rely on vision alone, Alia and Posh will idly chat in hushed voices so not to wake any of the others...over crime and punishment*, war and peace**, fathers and sons***...

    *Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoyevsky **Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy, ***Ivan Sergeyevich Turgenev, all 19th century Russian authors - surely their books make good campsite chat - we don't have to stick to J.R.R Tolkien and Frank Herbert all the time to stay with classics - *smile*


    I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | Oleg's Trading Post | Tactical Map Folio

    The party pitches it's tents nearby and Alia and Posh settle in upon the hunter's blind to keep watch. Most people retire to their tents, with Numalar, his dog Didymus, Luna, Mikmek all opting to sleep under the stars, with Mikmek keeping his distance as has become usual.

    Naleksa takes the strange fey woman, Erevenywg, into her tent for the night, and double her going rate for Posh.

    "Do you suppose she sleeps?" Naleksa nervously asks before finally retiring herself.

    The two third-shift watchers sit back to back idly chatting about life, the universe and everything--Posh cracking wise, but oddly forlorn and Alia sneaking her hand in to pet her terrible cat-beast before the little monster can flay her with his claws. Vega gets in a few good ones because so much of Alia's attention is on Naleksa's tent and its strange, otherworldly occupant.

    Near dawn Alia hears the gnome begin to snore. And then she hears something else. There are four shadowy figures lurching around the horses.

    Once you spot the intruders (like Alia has) make one knowledge check and open all DCs you beat.

    knowledge (local or nature) DC 12+:
    Boggards are humanoids that resemble anthropomorphic frogs or toads, complete with webbed hands and feet, large eyes, and overly wide mouths. These creatures make their homes near large rivers or deep in marshes. There they make small villages composed of mud mounds on the banks.

    knowledge (local or nature) DC 17+:
    Boggards like the frogs they resemble start out life as tadpoles. Also like frogs they can move quickly though swampy environs, have long sticky tongues and terrifyingly loud croaking voices.

    knowledge (local or nature) DC 22+:
    Boggards often worship demons and horrible amphibious swamp gods and are known to hunt live often sentient prey not only for food, but for religious reasons. They grow throughout their usually brutally short lives with the oldest and canniest priest-kings being huge obese creatures that rule over tribes and clans that indulge their every decadent pleasure.

    Map updated. Lighting is dim-predawn light.

    dice:
    1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


    Skills:
    Perc:+9|Stealth:+11|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+8|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob/Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
    HP:42/42|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+7|CMD:21|Fort:+7|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 1

    Noo not Tolstoy.. how on earth anyone could get through that book is beyond me, that's not campfire talk .. umm howabout Feist or Weber?

    Kn Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


    Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 30/30 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

    I have neither local nor nature, so I can't make the roll being capped at 10. Just in case you expected me to.
    Also, I like Tolstoi. Personal favorite Russion is probably Stanislaw Lem, though. With Tolstoi and Dostojewski, the sheer amount of names you get to mix up can be a problem(especially if you pause a couple days or read in small sessions). So I admit I did actually make a small cheat-sheet for each of the bigger books I used as bookmark.

    Alia realizes that shadowy figures are doing shady business near the horses. Horses that, so far, had done a plenty good job letting them move through the wilderness with speed.
    Not being particularily knowledgeable about horses, she would still have expected them to make noise and act more nervous if there was inmediate danger. Opting to possibly surprise them, she wakes Posh, signing for him to be silent, and pointing towards the horses, then towards the others still sleeping, before readying her bow and taking aim. As Posh sneaks down, she reconsiders, covering the arrow as best as she can and casting light on it, opting to fire it in the midst of the figures the moment the others were awake.
    If they attack the horses or some other stuff, she would forgo "prepared surprise" and shoot inmediately, while shouting to wake the others.

    6,251 to 6,300 of 7,062 << first < prev | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.