Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Of Gears and Greed (Inactive)

Game Master Nevynxxx

A slightly steampunked up Rise of the Runelords. I've stayed close to the text for this first part, but plan to move away from it as we progress....


1,801 to 1,829 of 1,829 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Three identical checks hey? Gah well you still get different spoilers ;)

Wits:
The closest scarecrow on the left appears to be moving strangely in the slight breeze. Almost as though it were twitching....

Jerjia:
The closest scarecrow on the right appears to be moving strangely in the slight breeze. Almost as though it were twitching....

Reynard:
The furthest scarecrow away appears not to be moving in the breeze, as though it were heavier than just a lot of cloth and straw...

Me:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


"Gentlemen and lady: there seems to be something not quite correct about the scarecrow on the left there. In fact it seems to be moving against the wind, as it were. Constable! Be a dear and prod it for me. I'm a bit vertically deficient to reach it. That's it, no harm done, just give it a good prod. That's a lad!"


Female Gnome Rogue 1/ Sorcerer (elemental: air) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC: 14 (14 touch, 11 ff) CMD 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | Perception +7 | Init +3 | Attack of Opportunity +2

Jerjia snorts. "He's getting his sides mixed up, isn't he, Sparky? It's the one on the right that's twitching."


Just as Wits speaks, the two closest "scarecrows" wrench free of their bonds, and bound forward. The bobbies are taken too off guard to react (so are flatfooted and don't act in the surprise round).

Init
Wits -> 18
Jerjia -> 13
Scarecrows -> 11
Adonai -> 9
Reynard -> 5
Bobbies -> 1(Don't act in the surprise round)

Go!


Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

"You're both crazy. It's your eyes that are twitching. They're just scarecrows. See, no crows."


"Look Adonai! They've decided they like you and they want a hug. Be a dear and take care of that, eh?"

Wits decides that discretion is the better part of not getting eaten by scarecrows and simply draws a bomb in this round.


Male Human Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger)

"The far one isn't moving at all, like it's heavier!" Reynard shouts, swing his crossbow towards a target.


Detect Evil at the scarecrows.


Errmmm, you all have a surprise round action to take.....Starting wit Wits and Jerjia, but I'm not too worried about your posting order.

Adonai, detect Evil is a move action, so counts as your surprise action. Which scarecrow do you want to detect evil on? 1 is the one Wits noticed, 2 the one Jejia did, 3 the one Reynard did, and 4 and 5 are the middle two.


Female Gnome Rogue 1/ Sorcerer (elemental: air) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC: 14 (14 touch, 11 ff) CMD 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | Perception +7 | Init +3 | Attack of Opportunity +2

Jerjia draws her wand of shocking grasp, albeit eyeing the scarecrows doubtfully. "Does straw shock, Sparky?" she whispers to her lizard.


I'll focus on the one Reynard noticed.


As my move action I drew a bomb. I'm done.


Adonai:
The Far scarecrow detects very faintly of Evil.


Male Human Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger)

Reynard fires without hesitation, the crack of the air propelled bolt breaking the silence of the night as the bolt streatk towards the far scarecrow.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
1d10 ⇒ 7


As Wits and Jerjia prepare, there's a muffled thump, and a quiet yelp as Reynard's bolt hits home. Adonai concentrates on the far Scarecrow, but all signs evil end as soon as the bolt hits.

Just to be clear, the two scarecrow's action was the break free of the frame. So, full round 1. Go!

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Still waiting on you guys...... Just a head's up. I'm away from my computer from this evening, through to Wednesday Morning. Nice long weekend here in the UK :)


Female Gnome Rogue 1/ Sorcerer (elemental: air) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC: 14 (14 touch, 11 ff) CMD 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | Perception +7 | Init +3 | Attack of Opportunity +2

Don't know how far away anything is. Jerjia will ready an attack on the first thing that comes in reach. Wand of shocking grasp touch attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 electrical damage 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Human Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger)

Ratcheting another bolt into his crossbow, Reynard turns and fires, sending another bolt flying towards the left scarecrow that freed itself moments earlier.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
1d10 ⇒ 4

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Wits action would be nice before I act for the Scarecrows....


[ooc[Sorry, missed this thread for some reason. Apologies![/ooc]

Wits smiles at the sudden lumbering scarecrows. 'Well, at least this is different!' He throws his bomb at the nearest knot of scarecrows. If there are none, he throws it at the nearest threat to him.

Bomb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11 fire and 6 fire splash within 5' (DC 14 reflex for half)


me:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Wits' bomb lands on one of the scraecrows as it begins to lumber forward. He doesn't deter it though as it charges at him!

Atk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Meanwile, the other charged Adonai:

Atk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Both scarecrows claw at the faces of their foes, with long, sharp talons.

If they hit, also make a DC13 Fort save to avoid being paralysed for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Reynard's bolt hits home, barely slowing the scarecrow.

Adonai


The paladin blocks the incoming zombie-crow with his shield, draws his sword and hacks back at it.

Power Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Adonai's blow glances off the scarecrow's clothing.

Back to the top with Jerjia and Wits.

I'm not bothering mapping this, as there isn't really too much to bother with. Safe to say you are all close enough to get to them to attack, and you can safely outflank them now they are in combat.


Female Gnome Rogue 1/ Sorcerer (elemental: air) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC: 14 (14 touch, 11 ff) CMD 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | Perception +7 | Init +3 | Attack of Opportunity +2

Still have a readied action above. If she can flank, add 1d6 ⇒ 6 for sneak attack.


Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

HP: 32/39

Wits lets out a loud curse as the thing attacks him. "Consarnit and dashitall! These things are vicious, are they not?" Wits steps back five feet and draws and loads his crossbow!

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Well they aren't getting any closer to you until they get past Wits and Adonai. If you want to move to flank one of them, and use the attack, then go for it. Just let me know which one.

Also, no one posted for the bobbies, so now would be good time to do that.


Female Gnome Rogue 1/ Sorcerer (elemental: air) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC: 14 (14 touch, 11 ff) CMD 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | Perception +7 | Init +3 | Attack of Opportunity +2

I don't know; Adonai's, I guess, since Wits just stepped out of flanking range. I thought we were surrounded.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Well, there are 9 or 10 of you, and 5 "things" one of which Reynard has shot, and it hasn't moved since, and two of which have moved. So no, definitely not surrounded ;)

Bobbies?


Male Human Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger)

What are theire bonuses?

Bobbies {will try to rush the other 2 scarecrows}1d20 ⇒ 12
Assuming short swords 1d6 ⇒ 2

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1
Sir Herbert Atkins wrote:
I am going to leave you responsible for the 6 watchmen. WHen combat comes around they will be on the map. They will get a single initiative, and whoever is around when that init comes up, and make their actions. Their stats can be found here.

Seeing the things attack, the watchmen move to flank the things, and stab at them.

Just to remind you, there are 6 bobbies, now three attacking each scarecrow.


Male Human Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger)

#21d20 ⇒ 8
1d6 ⇒ 3

#31d20 ⇒ 15
1d6 ⇒ 6

#41d20 ⇒ 4
1d6 ⇒ 3

#51d20 ⇒ 13
1d6 ⇒ 1

#61d20 ⇒ 9
1d6 ⇒ 1

1,801 to 1,829 of 1,829 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Of Gears and Greed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.