OMB's Into the Unknown PbP Starfinder Quests (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

Roll20 Link


101 to 150 of 329 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

android mechanic 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 | Perc +4 | Init +3

Dora, followed by Arod, boards the ship.


; The House on Hook Street;

The voyage to the Endless Threnody's last known coordinates takes 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 4, 2) = 15 days, during which time you get to know each other and get on each other's nerves. The ship is nice, clean and shining, but it's also a small vessel without a lot of room to stretch.

So it's with excitement when you arrive at the coordinates to find... nothing. No ship.

I need a Computers check from Xy Xy!

GM Sekrits:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 16/16 | RP 3/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) (1/1 Energize Spell) | Active conditions: None.

Bowing low to the Venture Captain, Xy'ron'iel gathers their meagre possessions and heads aboard the cruiser with a fond twitch of their scarred mandibles. During the journey, the Shirren makes themselves acquainted with the ships on board computers whilst also training. Keeping quiet, they prefer to listen to the stories of others and only offer small amounts of history, as though it was uncomfortable.

As they reach their destination, Xy XY sighs with frustration as the sensors are blank. Furiously working on them, the Shirren tries to find their quarry.

Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


; The House on Hook Street;

And find them they do!

The Eoxian freighter is a massive vessel made of bone and steel. The front of the ship is a single enormous red lens, appearing as a sullen, bloody eye. The ship bristles with bone protrusions, as though it were some horned, skeletal beast. Some of the bones are charred and broken, indicating past battle damage. Laser cannons protrude from the front and sides of the freighter; but its rear weapon mounts are a twisted wreck. Gaps between the bones show the ship’s interior, but this is not from battle damage—this ship was never intended to accommodate living creatures.

Okay, you beat their check, so you get to determine which facing you and the Endless Threnody have. You'll start 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 3, 4) + 5 = 18 hexes apart! Go ahead and place both ships, Xy Xy.


; The House on Hook Street;

Okay I have placed you 18 hexes apart, facing each other!

ALright, Phase one: ENgineering!

Quig/R2-D2 what will you do?

Dataphiles

Quig diverts auxilliary power to the engines!

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25.


; The House on Hook Street;

Success! The other ship does... things...

GM sekrits:
Divert Power to the engines: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Helm Phase!

Dora, roll your piloting roll!
Threnody Pilot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 | Perc +4 | Init +3

piloting check: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13
The +1 is for our ship's good maneuverability.


; The House on Hook Street;

You outpilot the Eoxian ship! I have to go first. The Eoxian ship moves closer six hexes!

HELM PHASE:

Okay, now the Pilot and Science Officer get to go. You can go in any order. Dora 34 and Xy Xy are up!

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 | Perc +4 | Init +3

I'm not sure which ship is which, so I will just post a general idea here, and not move the token.

Dora sends the ship up much closer to the Eoxian ship. move forward to three hexes away from enemy ship.


; The House on Hook Street;

The smaller ship is you, the larger is the Eoxian vessel.

Xy Xy, science actions?

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 16/16 | RP 3/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) (1/1 Energize Spell) | Active conditions: None.

"Scanning enemy specifications and displaying them on targeting Screens." Xy Xy thought bursts to his allies on the bridge as his main arms work furiously on the station in front of him. As the Shirren works their mandibles twitch uncontrollably in concentration.

Science Officer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Scanning


; The House on Hook Street;

I go first on the gunnery phase!

Gunnery, Heavy Laser Cannon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

The massive red eye fires, but your pilot jukes to the side and it misses!

Gunnery phase! Only your turret is within range. Coilgun for 4d4 damage! Go for it, gunners!

Acquisitives

Vesk Soldier 1|STAM:8|HP:13|RES:5|EAC:15|KAC:17|ACvCM:25|F+3,R+1,W+2|Init:+5|Acro +4, Athl +8, Medic+4, Survi+4|

"Take that!" Waiola exclaims, ecstatic to be in battle!

Gunnery, Coil Gun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 +1 bab, +1 Dex
Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 3) = 11

Acquisitives

Android Operative LVL 1 FORT +2 REFLEX +6 WILL +2* Init +5 Perception +5 (darkvision 60 feet,low light) EAC 14 KAC 15 HP 11 RP 5 SP 1/6

gunnery coil gun: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
damage: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 4) = 11

"Less excitement leads to greater precision Waiola, Son of Wyman, Grandson of Winton the Everlasting" instructs Iseph

If we cant both fire from the turret I'll use the forward laser


; The House on Hook Street;

Only the coilgun can reach, but since you both hit and rolled the same damage, things get easier!

The coilgun barks as Waiola and Iseph both try to fire. It rakes the bone-ship and causes plumes of bone dust to float into the Drift!

Back to the top: Engineering Phase! Quig/R2-D2 is up!

Wayfinders

HP 12/12 | SP 5/7 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12 | KAC 13 | CMD 21 | F +1 R +1 W +5| Init +1 | Perc + 7| Blindsense 30'| Shirren Mystic 1 (Priest)
Spells Available:
Level 1- 2/3

Chakanta turns to Quig before he acts and telepaths to him "I trust you will made the right call."

Encourage w/ Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

DC=15+starship's tier

Dataphiles

Quig continues to gun the engines!

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16.


; The House on Hook Street;

Okay, Piloting phase! Dora, let's roll Piloting!

Threnody Piloting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 | Perc +4 | Init +3

piloting: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19

I moved, since I lost the piloting roll.

Acquisitives

Android Operative LVL 1 FORT +2 REFLEX +6 WILL +2* Init +5 Perception +5 (darkvision 60 feet,low light) EAC 14 KAC 15 HP 11 RP 5 SP 1/6

Literally jumping the gun

Spoiler:
coil gun: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7damage: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 4) = 11


; The House on Hook Street;

The bone ship turns in place, aiming its killing weapon at your ship! Also your science officer, Chakanta can act!

Iseph fires, and barely misses the bone ship!

You also have a light laser cannon in the starboard side for 2d4 damage to fire! Go go Waiola!

Wayfinders

HP 12/12 | SP 5/7 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12 | KAC 13 | CMD 21 | F +1 R +1 W +5| Init +1 | Perc + 7| Blindsense 30'| Shirren Mystic 1 (Priest)
Spells Available:
Level 1- 2/3

I think you mean Xy Xy for Science Officer.


; The House on Hook Street;

Doh! Right, Xy Xy is up as Science Officer!

Acquisitives

Vesk Soldier 1|STAM:8|HP:13|RES:5|EAC:15|KAC:17|ACvCM:25|F+3,R+1,W+2|Init:+5|Acro +4, Athl +8, Medic+4, Survi+4|
Our Mysterious Benefactor wrote:

The bone ship turns in place, aiming its killing weapon at your ship! Also your science officer, Chakanta can act!

Iseph fires, and barely misses the bone ship!

You also have a light laser cannon in the starboard side for 2d4 damage to fire! Go go Waiola!

Waiola, Son of Wyman, Grandson of Winton the Everlasting heads over to the light laser cannon no the starboard side and attempt to hit the enemy vessel. Space combat is not like ground combat, not as personal or in your face, but still exciting!

Laser Cannon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Acquisitives

Android Operative LVL 1 FORT +2 REFLEX +6 WILL +2* Init +5 Perception +5 (darkvision 60 feet,low light) EAC 14 KAC 15 HP 11 RP 5 SP 1/6

Botting XY XY

The shirren seems more interested in analysing the data recieved last time. But looks to send the gunners some pointers on where to hit the other ships weapon systems

computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


; The House on Hook Street;

Waiola is able to fire at the great bone ship and hits! The great bone ship fires its baleful eye cannon! Gunner: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
It hits, sending the ship shuddering for 4d8 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 5) = 14 damage! 10 points of damage are absorbed by the shields, which are now down on the starboard side and 4 points hit the hull!

Shields:
For 10
Aft 10
Port 10
Starb 0

HP: 51/55

Engineering phase! Chakanta, your actions?


; The House on Hook Street;

I'm a dork. Not Chankanta, Quig/R2-D2!

Chakanta as captain (has decent diplomacy)
Iseph as gunner (has rank in piloting)
Waiola as gunner (has BAB of 1)
Quig and engineer
Xy Xy as science officer (computers)
Dora will pilot.

Dataphiles

Quig frantically tries to divert auxiliary power to the shields!

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30.


; The House on Hook Street;

You gain back 5% of your PCU value, which is 150, so 7 pts of shield, which you can add into any quadrant.

PILOT PHASE!

Dora, let's pilot!

Pilot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 | Perc +4 | Init +3

piloting: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13

Wayfinders

HP 12/12 | SP 5/7 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12 | KAC 13 | CMD 21 | F +1 R +1 W +5| Init +1 | Perc + 7| Blindsense 30'| Shirren Mystic 1 (Priest)
Spells Available:
Level 1- 2/3

Chakanta telepaths words of encouragement to Dora as she maneuvers the ship.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

-Posted with Wayfinder


; The House on Hook Street;

I rolled low, so I go first.

The ship passes close by you, so Waiola gets an attack of opportunity with the light laser cannon (2d4 damage)!

Your turn, Dora and Xy XY!

Acquisitives

Vesk Soldier 1|STAM:8|HP:13|RES:5|EAC:15|KAC:17|ACvCM:25|F+3,R+1,W+2|Init:+5|Acro +4, Athl +8, Medic+4, Survi+4|

Waiola, sensing a momentary opportunity to strike, shoots again with the Light Laser Cannon.

LLC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Unfortunately, he misses quite badly, and shouldn't have shot at all.

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 2 | SP 11/11 HP 16/16 | RP 3/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | CMD (KAC+8) 24 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) (1/1 Energize Spell) | Active conditions: None.

As streams of data comes through the monitors, Xy Xy clicks their mandibles as warning systems start blaring as a result of the powerful hit from the enemies' systems. Taking the power recently diverted to the shields from Dora, Xy Xy focuses them into prime position for soaking up the enemies' counter attacks!

[i]"This shouldn't be needed, but keep us away from the large cannon! Towards the rear of their ship they have sustained major damage, aim for there!" The Shirren advises over his mind link, clear and confident in the situation.

Computers: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24

Diverting shields to soak up damage based on where we end up. With 37 shield points, I need to leave at least 3 in each quadrant. I will place 16 in the quadrant facing the enemy and 7 in the others


; The House on Hook Street;

Dora, we need your pilotin'!

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 | Perc +4 | Init +3

Dora carefully moves the ship back around and behind the enemy.

My apologies, not feeling well right now.


; The House on Hook Street;

No worries! Feel better!

GUNNERY PHASE!

The great bone ship can't fire at you!

Alright, turret and forward guns can fire! Go go gunners!

Acquisitives

Android Operative LVL 1 FORT +2 REFLEX +6 WILL +2* Init +5 Perception +5 (darkvision 60 feet,low light) EAC 14 KAC 15 HP 11 RP 5 SP 1/6

turret: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
coil gun: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 1) = 10


; The House on Hook Street;

Waiola, you're on the light laser cannon!

Acquisitives

Vesk Soldier 1|STAM:8|HP:13|RES:5|EAC:15|KAC:17|ACvCM:25|F+3,R+1,W+2|Init:+5|Acro +4, Athl +8, Medic+4, Survi+4|

Chiding himself for his lackluster snapshot, Waiola takes extra time to aim for a damaging shot.

LLC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4


; The House on Hook Street;

Both shots rake the bone vessel, causing a critical effect! System affected: 1d100 ⇒ 63 The engines are glitching!

ENGINEERING PHASE!

Quig/R2D2, you are up!

The Bone Ship is going to try to patch the engines! Engineering vs DC 14: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 FAILED!

Dataphiles

Quig continues to divert power to resupply the shields...

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30.


; The House on Hook Street;

PILOTING PHASE!

Dora, you're up!

Boneship Pilot check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 | Perc +4 | Init +3

Since I have a +9 (including the ship's +1) I can't lose.


; The House on Hook Street;

Touche. I blame the dice.

The bones ship comes about! Your turn!

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 | Perc +4 | Init +3

Done, pointing at their back at very close range.

Acquisitives

Android Operative LVL 1 FORT +2 REFLEX +6 WILL +2* Init +5 Perception +5 (darkvision 60 feet,low light) EAC 14 KAC 15 HP 11 RP 5 SP 1/6

turret: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
coil turret: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 2) = 8


; The House on Hook Street;

Dora, that's their front. I'm going to let you re-position since you were operating on unclear facts.

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1 | SP 1/6 HP 10/10 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 | Perc +4 | Init +3

All better!

101 to 150 of 329 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / OMB's Starfinder PbP Quests: Into the Unknown! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.