Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

OMB's Into the Unknown PbP Starfinder Quests

Game Master James Martin

Roll20 Link


1 to 50 of 177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

Dot in and we'll get started as soon as we hit the magic number of players!

Acquisitives

Android Operative LVL 1 FORT +2 REFLEX +6 WILL +2* Init +5 Perception +5 (darkvision 60 feet,low light) EAC 14 KAC 15 HP 11 RP 5 SP 2/6

beep

Dataphiles

Dotting for fun and profit :-)


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

Welcome to Play By Post Gameday Six! Let's get started!

In the Unknown, Chapter One: Station

You are summoned by Venture-Captain Arvin to the Lorespire Complex, the home of the Starfinder Society. Arvin is a no-nonsense sort, capable but unwilling to slow down for anyone.

The tall and confident lashunta man gestures to several functional chairs, inviting you to sit. “Thank you for arriving so quickly. As I mentioned in my comm message, we have an urgent opportunity to recover some critical information.

“Several months ago, a crew of Starfinders took a ship called the Unbounded Wayfarer into the Vast to explore a series of uncharted planets. They never returned. Earlier today, a vesk pawnbroker in the Downlow neighborhood contacted us, offering to sell us several Starfinder insignias. These insignias belonged to the lost crew of the Unbounded Wayfarer, and that immediately caught the Society’s attention. The pawnbroker—named Julzakama—doesn’t realize the true value of the insignias. We negotiated a purchase price in exchange for the insignias and information about the seller. We hope this seller can lead us to the Unbounded Wayfarer and its crew.

“We’ve remotely transferred the requested credits to Julzakama. Now, we need you to collect the insignias and all the information you can from the vesk regarding whoever sold him the insignias, and then track down that seller. Learn where to find the Unbounded Wayfarer and its crew. I’m worried that the seller might not be on the station for long, so act quickly. If you have any questions, please make them fast.”

He pauses, waiting for you to ask your questions.

In your first post, introduce yourself and give a brief physical description; what would others notice about you?

Acquisitives

Vesk Soldier 1|STAM:8|HP:13|RES:5|EAC:15|KAC:17|ACvCM:25|F+3,R+1,W+2|Init:+5|Acro +4, Athl +8, Medic+4, Survi+4|

Waiola, Son of Wyman, Grandson of Winton the "Everlasting", and no, you may not call him anything shorter, as it is an insult as you are not more familiar and it would be a grave insult. A standard looking Vesk, big, strong, scaly, Waiola, Son of Wyman, Grandson of Winton the "Everlasting" looks ready for a fight, especially with his Tactical Doshko slung across his back. He grunts, and stands there intimidating.

However, at the mention of a Vesk pawnbroker, he perks up, and pays close attention.

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1

A tall android, who is female in form, has a little drone hovering behind her. "Greetings, one whose name cannot be shortened."

She turns her attention to the venture captain. "Understood, on my way."

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 1 | SP 6/6 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | CMD (KAC+8) 23 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 3/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) | Active conditions: None.

Standing to attention with the clear bearing of a soldier, is a male Shirren with Dark green skin almost black in colour, one of their antennae ahorter than the other from an old battle wound. They bear a fair few scars on their exposed flesh and the most obvious mark is a glowing white tattoo on their right arm in the form of a Dragon curled up in a styilised '8'.

He wears well used light armour and carries a computer bracelet on his right main arm, with no obvious weapons barring a knife. He keeps his attention focused on the Venture-Captain as they speak and, when it comes to introducing themeselves, they snap their left hand over their heart and use their innate telepathy to converse with those gathered.

"Pleased to meet you! My speech name can be shortened to Xy Xy for ease, a nickname picked up during the Swarm Wars." his voice is stern and clipped, clearly not used to long speeches. "I follow the path of Technomancy and will support you however I can."

Wayfinders

HP 12/12 | SP 7/7 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12 | KAC 13 | CMD 21 | F +1 R +1 W +5| Init +1 | Perc + 7| Blindsense 30'| Shirren Mystic 1 (Priest)
Spells Available:
Level 1- 3/3

A bright green Shirren remains seated in his chair, waiting to stand until he is ready to make that choice. He wears what appears to be the vestments of a priest over his nearly impossible to see armor. The large emblem of Weydan, god of freedom, adorns his clothing. His eyes are a pattern of blue and red that almost seem to sparkle.

"My speech name is Ch'kn't," the shirren begins, "But many I have met have taken to calling me Chakanta, if you wish to as well." Chakanta slowly stands, clearly enjoying the moment. "I look forward to beginning this journey with each and every one of you. Weydan is with us."

Looking at Xy Xy, he adds, "It is good to see another Shirren on this mission. May we always be free." Chakanta's mandible twitches, as if to imitate the smiles he has scene on other races.

Chakanta retuns his gaze to the Venture-Captain. "The insignias that were recovered... Was the entire crew of the Unbounded Wayfarer accounted for? Were none missing?"

Acquisitives

Android Operative LVL 1 FORT +2 REFLEX +6 WILL +2* Init +5 Perception +5 (darkvision 60 feet,low light) EAC 14 KAC 15 HP 11 RP 5 SP 2/6

"My given name is Iseph. I seek knowledge and tradeables. My apps are at the service of the Starfinder Society. Greetings Waiola, Son of Wyman, Grandson of Winton the Everlasting and one who does not give her name" speaks a stocking looking android with turquoise face and hands. He is in a spaceflight suit and carries a knife and a s grenade is tucked in his belt

GM note:
His pistol is in his quick release sheath

He speaks in shirren:
"Well met Ch'kn't , Xy Xy may we all always be free"
pronouncing his shirren colleagues names perfectly.

"Do you have precise coordinates for this pawnbrokers establishment?" he then asks the venture captain

Dataphiles

A small Ysoki, positively festooned with cobbled-together tech, and accompanied by a tiny drone, hovering on half-a-dozen small rotors, nods.

"I'm Quig, and that's Scout," he says, gesturing to the drone.

He then turns to the mission-broker.

"Where can we find this Julzakama, and is there any additional information that you can tell us about him...?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 1 | SP 6/6 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | CMD (KAC+8) 23 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 3/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) | Active conditions: None.

"A pleasure Ch'kn't, I fight to keep our people free but it is heartening to see others of us active here." he responds through their telepathic link before nodding to Crewbatone. "Well met made-one, I look forward to seeing you in action."

Xy Xy then waits for the venture-Captain to answer their questions with regards to Julzakama and their first task. It seemed simple enough, to find the information on the seller and then hunt them down for the information. Things of course, never proved to be as simple as they first appeared.

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1

Did I mess up again? It sounds like I should have given them my name...
I am called Dora 34. You may simply call me Dora.

Acquisitives

Vesk Soldier 1|STAM:8|HP:13|RES:5|EAC:15|KAC:17|ACvCM:25|F+3,R+1,W+2|Init:+5|Acro +4, Athl +8, Medic+4, Survi+4|

Waiola, Son of Wyman, Grandson of Winton the "Everlasting" grunts from the corner "Find Julzakama, get the information from him, and follow where that information leads. By the way, what else is know about Julzakama? How honorable is he?"

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1

"Just to be clear, the pawn broker has already been paid for both the insignias and for the information?" asks Dora in a business-like tone.

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 1 | SP 6/6 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | CMD (KAC+8) 23 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 3/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) | Active conditions: None.

"That is my assessment of the situation." Xy XY's telepathic voice rings out inside Dora's mind as the Technomancer considers the task set before them. It seemed simple enough but there was one niggling question. "What is special about the Insignias? Are they mementos?" he asks the Venture-Captain telepathically, though spreading the question to all of the gathered agents.


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

Arvin nods. "The pawnbroker's name is Julzakama. I don't know the vesk personally, but his reputation is that he's generally trustworthy. He's been paid for the insignias, but not for the information about who bought them. As for the number, there are six insignia, which was the number of the crew on the Unbounded. The insignias are more than mementos: each one holds a small data capacity, allowing Starfinder agents to smuggle vital information in a safe, discreet spot."

"Any other questions?"

Acquisitives

Vesk Soldier 1|STAM:8|HP:13|RES:5|EAC:15|KAC:17|ACvCM:25|F+3,R+1,W+2|Init:+5|Acro +4, Athl +8, Medic+4, Survi+4|

Grunt. "Not from me."

Wayfinders

HP 12/12 | SP 7/7 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12 | KAC 13 | CMD 21 | F +1 R +1 W +5| Init +1 | Perc + 7| Blindsense 30'| Shirren Mystic 1 (Priest)
Spells Available:
Level 1- 3/3
crewbotone wrote:
"Well met Ch'kn't , Xy Xy may we all always be free"

Chakanta looks at the android for a moment, pleased to hear them speaking his people's language, before lowering his head apologetically. "Of course, it was not my intent to exclude anybody. Well met."

He turns his attention back to Arvin and the task at hand. "Is there a special method to access the data capacity? There may be useful information in our search."

Acquisitives

Android Operative LVL 1 FORT +2 REFLEX +6 WILL +2* Init +5 Perception +5 (darkvision 60 feet,low light) EAC 14 KAC 15 HP 11 RP 5 SP 2/6

"No ofence was taken." Iseph bows his head to Ch'kn't and then turns to Arvin "We shall find this Julzakama and recover the insignia and information about the seller" and with another bow of the head he heads out

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1

"I have no more questions. I am ready to go."


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

"All you need to use a good key is the right lock. Find the Unbounded and the proper lock will present itself."

Acquisitives

Android Operative LVL 1 FORT +2 REFLEX +6 WILL +2* Init +5 Perception +5 (darkvision 60 feet,low light) EAC 14 KAC 15 HP 11 RP 5 SP 2/6

"Sorry did hear that? Sounded like some drama vid is turned up too loud" Iseph looks around puzzled

I'm kinda guessing OMBs post is in the wrong thread


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

Nope, just responding to Chakanta's question about accessing the data capacity!

Wayfinders

HP 12/12 | SP 7/7 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12 | KAC 13 | CMD 21 | F +1 R +1 W +5| Init +1 | Perc + 7| Blindsense 30'| Shirren Mystic 1 (Priest)
Spells Available:
Level 1- 3/3

Chakanta considers this briefly, and then nods. "Very well. I have no further questions. I am ready as well."


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

Arvin claps his hands. "Right, then. Off with you!" With the address of the pawn shop in your datapads, you head off.

Although some areas of Downlow are clean and trendy, this narrow alley of concrete and metal buildings drips with oil and sparking wires. A wide, red neon electric sign reads “Julzakama’s Loans” on a building sandwiched between a Kuthite sensation house and a derelict building covered with graffiti. The shop’s solid metal door contains a single, small window too grimy to peer through.

You open the door to reveal a grimy shop, covered with weapons and electronics of all stripes. A single counter dominates the room, and behind it a large Vesk male is pulling computer parts from a drone chassis without subtlety or skill. He pauses when the door's chime dings and looks up at you. His eyes scrape over each of you, only pausing on Waiola.

"Look at this! Droidlings and 'Renlings and a single worthy among you. To what do I owe this pleasure, little guests?" He leans forward, still imposing despite the lean. You notice his shop smells oddly of cinnamon.

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1

"We are here, lizard-ling, to pick up the Starfinder insignia you have already been paid for."


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

The vesk scowls at Dora 34 for a moment. He slowly reaches under the counter and pulls out a small box and opens it facing you. Inside are six Starfinder insignia, all in good condition. "Very well, little guest. Your Society has paid. Feel free to show yourself out."

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1

Dora looks carefully at the insignia before she closes the box and stows it in her pack. She tries to give the pawnbroker a dazzling smile. "Thank you, worthy Vesk. We were told that we might perhaps convince you to tell us who sold them to you?"


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

The vesk's return smile is toothy and wide. "Now, I've been paid for the insignia, but information? Information costs extra."

Acquisitives

Android Operative LVL 1 FORT +2 REFLEX +6 WILL +2* Init +5 Perception +5 (darkvision 60 feet,low light) EAC 14 KAC 15 HP 11 RP 5 SP 2/6

"No you must first apologise for not addressing Waiola, Son of Wyman, Grandson of Winton the "Everlasting" by his full name. I believe some information on the seller of these items would be helpful in convincing Waiola, Son of Wyman, Grandson of Winton the "Everlasting" that your apology is sincere"

intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Although Iseph's voice is flat and monotone his gaze is unblinking

Acquisitives

Vesk Soldier 1|STAM:8|HP:13|RES:5|EAC:15|KAC:17|ACvCM:25|F+3,R+1,W+2|Init:+5|Acro +4, Athl +8, Medic+4, Survi+4|

Hearing both Julzakama and Crewbotone talk, Waiola, Son of Wyman, Grandson of Winton the "Everlasting" begins to flex his muscles and keep one of his hands on his weapons shaft (sheathed).

"Information may cost extra for them. For me, its free."

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18 Trying to find the source of the smell

Wayfinders

HP 12/12 | SP 7/7 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12 | KAC 13 | CMD 21 | F +1 R +1 W +5| Init +1 | Perc + 7| Blindsense 30'| Shirren Mystic 1 (Priest)
Spells Available:
Level 1- 3/3

Chakanta looks uneasily between the androids and the vesk. He was never much good in social situations, but makes an attempt to diffuse the situation. "There's no need for this to escalate into violence. But I suggest you please give Waiola, Son of Wyman, Grandson of Winton the 'Everlasting' the information we require."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

The smell seems to be coming from the pawnbroker himself.

Julzakama stares hard at the android, then at the Vesk, and finally at Chakanta. He scowls for a long moment, then breaks into a deep belly-laugh. "Ha! You are amusing guests, I grant you that. Very well, since you have offered me amusement, I will tell you of the information you seek! The seller was named Exegara, and she wasn’t from around here. Wore a flight suit, like she had come off a long trip. Once she had her money, she asked about where to purchase clean skeletons. I don’t carry goods like that, so I sent her to the Vat Garden.” He leans in, making a 'but that's not all' gesture. "She was definitely an Eoxian. She looked like a man-ling, but didn’t breathe or blink or anything. Too still, eh? She mentioned she was looking to hire local muscle 'just in case'. Now, you have your information. If you ever need more, or maybe a good laser, you come back. I like repeat business."

Acquisitives

Vesk Soldier 1|STAM:8|HP:13|RES:5|EAC:15|KAC:17|ACvCM:25|F+3,R+1,W+2|Init:+5|Acro +4, Athl +8, Medic+4, Survi+4|

A grunt, a nod, Waiola, Son of Wyman, Grandson of Winton the 'Everlasting' looks to the group "its a lead."

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1

"Thank you, worthy Vesk. May Abadar smile on your business."

After we leave the pawn shop, Dora turns to the others. "I suggest we go to this Vat Garden now. Does anyone know anything about it?"


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

Culture checks to recall information about the Vat Garden!

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1

culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Wayfinders

HP 12/12 | SP 7/7 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12 | KAC 13 | CMD 21 | F +1 R +1 W +5| Init +1 | Perc + 7| Blindsense 30'| Shirren Mystic 1 (Priest)
Spells Available:
Level 1- 3/3

Chakanta listens intently to the pawnbroker. An Eoxian? "Many thanks. We will be certain to remember you in the future," the shirren telepaths to Julzakama, and follows the rest of the group outside.

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

You both recall that the Vat Garden is a ysoki-operated garden. Chakanta recalls that the ysoki are known for accepting bodies, which are composted into the Garden. It's not illegal; in fact the ysoki are known to cultivate a very good relationship with the local law enforcement. But if you're poor and cannot afford a proper tomb, it at least allows you to give your loved ones back to the earth.

You head deeper into Downlow, where a local points you to the Garden. The station passageways open into an enormous sunken pool filled with a riotous growth of plants. A narrow walkway leading to other parts of Downlow encircles the overgrown vat, and a spire of some kind of machinery stands in its center. For such a busy section of Downlow, the area is surprisingly quiet. Two ladders and a steep staircase pierce the foliage and lead down into the vat.

The place is quiet, almost unnaturally so.

See Roll20 for visual!


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

If you haven't already done so, please tell me which Roll20 account is yours and I'll link tokens to them. Thanks!

Acquisitives

Vesk Soldier 1|STAM:8|HP:13|RES:5|EAC:15|KAC:17|ACvCM:25|F+3,R+1,W+2|Init:+5|Acro +4, Athl +8, Medic+4, Survi+4|
Our Mysterious Benefactor wrote:
If you haven't already done so, please tell me which Roll20 account is yours and I'll link tokens to them. Thanks!

Matt Budney = Me

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 1 | SP 6/6 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | CMD (KAC+8) 23 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 3/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) | Active conditions: None.

Sorry work kept me busy!

Keeping silent during the 'bargaining' at the pawnbrokers, in order to better observe interactions between the different species, Xyroniel rolls his large eyes at the showboating, though chuckles across his allies' telepathic link as it seems to work. "Thank you for your co-operation." Xy Xy says across the link to the Vesk. "I shall keep you in mind for an upgraded laser."

Marching out of the pawnbroker, the shirren brings up their data pad to look for directions to the Vat Garden. As they do so they look up the garden to see what information they have stored on the place.

Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Wayfinders

android mechanic 1

Dora looks around the vat garden.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

Dora spots no one in Vat Gardens, but the trees and bushes are thick below, and it's hard to see anything through them!

Anyone else want to make Perception checks?

Wayfinders

HP 12/12 | SP 7/7 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12 | KAC 13 | CMD 21 | F +1 R +1 W +5| Init +1 | Perc + 7| Blindsense 30'| Shirren Mystic 1 (Priest)
Spells Available:
Level 1- 3/3

"The vat garden would certainly be a good place for the Eoxian to find skeletons," Chakanta thinks to the others. "The Ysoki use donated bodies as compost. However, I don't know if the ysoki would hand them over."

Chakanta carefully tries to get a look at the gardens, wary for any danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Acquisitives

Vesk Soldier 1|STAM:8|HP:13|RES:5|EAC:15|KAC:17|ACvCM:25|F+3,R+1,W+2|Init:+5|Acro +4, Athl +8, Medic+4, Survi+4|

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Waiola, Son of Wyman, Grandson of Winton the 'Everlasting' take a few steps inside. He is weary of a trap, and isn't that fond of skeletons anyway. He draws his weapon and grips it nervously. But, to the outside observer, he doesn't appear "scared"....


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

Chakanta spots movement in the trees below!

As Waiola steps inside, he hears a male voice call out from below. "That's close enough, fellow. Garden's closed today. Private business. Move along and we won't have trouble."

Exo-Guardians

Male Shirren Technomancer 1 | SP 6/6 HP 11/11 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | CMD (KAC+8) 23 Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Blindsense 30’ Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 3/3 (1/1 Spell Cache) | Active conditions: None.

"Interesting information kinsman." Xy replies to Chakanta, knowig a little about the Vat garden but not its unofficial business practice. Stepping in cautiously with the others, the Shirren stops dead as he hears the voice call out, right fore-limb reaching to his hip for his company-issued combat knife. "It would seem we are expected." he broadcasts over his connection with his allies, keeping the unknown voice out of their communion.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"We have bus-i-ness here, we mean no tr-ou-ble." Xy Xy calls out, his mandibles making it difficult to converse in speech.


Broken Chains; Carrion Crown : Starfinder Quest PbP

"Step away from the Garden or there WILL be trouble." Calls back the voice.

Acquisitives

Android Operative LVL 1 FORT +2 REFLEX +6 WILL +2* Init +5 Perception +5 (darkvision 60 feet,low light) EAC 14 KAC 15 HP 11 RP 5 SP 2/6

"We merely wish to speak with Exegara" says Iseph

1 to 50 of 177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / OMB's Starfinder PbP Quests: Into the Unknown! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.