Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

OGGM's Fortress of the Stone Giants

Game Master Jeff Przybylo

Having pacified the Hook Mountain region, our heroes learn of an impending attack on the town of Sandpoint, where their adventures began only a year ago...


1 to 50 of 1,164 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Thus it begins...


Female Half-Orc Wizard 7/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 82/89; Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +13

*dot*


Male Human Rogue 7/Fighter 4; HP: 93/104; AC:24/T18/FF24; Fort+9 Ref+10 Will+5; Per +15; Init +3

*Le Dot*


F/R/W: +14/+14/+14 AC/T/FF: 28/16/23; CMD: 30; Perc: +16; Init: +6; Max HP: 108 Current HP: 108

Dot


Male Human Cleric 12; HP 91/99 + 10| AC 20 (27) T 12 (16) FF 19 (26)| Fo +11 Re +6 Wi +14| Init +1 Percep +6| Channel Energy 0/7

Dotting for dotting's sake.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 12
Stats:
Hp's 148/148; AC: 22/touch 14/ff 20(vs. giants 29/19/22); Perc: +18; Init: +2; Fort: +14, Ref: +8, Will: +11; CMD 30(35 vs giant type/31 vs larger)

Thordak pushes the button, the tape begins to turn, awaiting to be used. He leans in to speak directly into the microphone, speaking in a deep whisper and as if he is worn, "We've been through a lot. A town nearly drowned. We nearly got killed by a really big creature which is the same one that nearly drowned the town. And it was bigger than anythin' I've ever seen, let me tell ya. We nearly got killed twice by the snake-lady. Her Giant boyfriend nearly smashed me ta bits. We've seen innards, outtards, bodies mutilated beyond recognition, a ghost with a broken heart, a grizzly bear that was once a man and also the lover of the ghost with the broken heart. At least I think that's right." He shrugs. "And countless more." He leans back a moment, taking a puff of his mighty cigar before turning back to the task at hand.

As he finds his 'deep whisper and worn' voice again, he continues, "There are few in this world that could've withstood what we've been through. If I hadn't been there ta save us all, we'd surely be dead by now. We'd be nothin' more than a dot on the landscape of life. Of course most folks might call it a greasy spot. But I prefer dot... it's less gross." He nods agreeably, thinking that's pretty accurate. "This is Thordak Ironheart, a survivor of Hook Mountain, signing off." He clicks off the recorder and hears his name being called in the distance. He turns around and his eyes go wide in shock...

Thordak snaps straight up in his bed, eyes wide open. "What in the Nine Hells?! What was that blasted contraption?! What kind of crazy, bunch o'...?!?! He shakes out the cobwebs in hopes to get rid of the demonic dream. "Don't say anythin' about this, Thordak, they'll commit ya for sure. Especially the part about Lym. Why did she have a dragon's head?" He shakes his head again, finding it all insane. "I've got ta cut back on the spicy food... it's just doesn't settle right with me anymore." He then lays back down in an attempt to get some sleep... eyes wide open.


So, have we arrived in Magnimar? Nothing left to do in Turtleback Ferry? Good.

You step out of the shadow-travel into the streets of Magnimar. The hustle and bustle of the city hasn't diminished in the least, even with winter in full swing.

Lym has deftly put you down in front of the Church of Iomedae, where Brother Pietre resides. It's late, but you are certain he'd be eager to hear what transpired at Fort Rannick, and of Lucrecia and the souls marked with the Sihedron Rune.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 7/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 82/89; Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +13

"There," Lym says as the group translates out of the monochromatic gloom of the Plane of Shadow and back into the comparatively bright and vibrant atmosphere of Magnimar, "that wasn't too hard, was it?"

The Half-Orc casts a withering glance at Thordak. "Is what I would like to say. What part of 'It may confuse you, it may distract you, it may try to kill you' was unclear, exactly? I don't care if that Shadow Dwarfess had magnificent sideburns, you were supposed to stay with the group!"

Harrumphing, the Wizard starts her way towards the temple of Iomedae. "Come on, gents. Let's go report and then go find a place to sleep. Tomorrow we shop, and then we can get on our way to Sandpoint and... see what we can do about this 'M''s army and dragon headed there."


Male Human Rogue 7/Fighter 4; HP: 93/104; AC:24/T18/FF24; Fort+9 Ref+10 Will+5; Per +15; Init +3

Kellen remains silent on the "Thordak incident," but bears a bemused look as hears Lym's chastisement.
He looks up at the edifice of the church with Lym's pronouncement and asks: "Thought you folks were reporting to the Lord Mayor - why are we reporting to the Iomedians?"


Kellen Wrensler wrote:

Kellen remains silent on the "Thordak incident," but bears a bemused look as hears Lym's chastisement.

He looks up at the edifice of the church with Lym's pronouncement and asks: "Thought you folks were reporting to the Lord Mayor - why are we reporting to the Iomedians?"

You were there for the discussion with Brother Pietre.


Male Human Rogue 7/Fighter 4; HP: 93/104; AC:24/T18/FF24; Fort+9 Ref+10 Will+5; Per +15; Init +3
Old Guy GM wrote:
You were there for the discussion with Brother Pietre.

You are correct - disregard my previous post. That was...2 years go almost to the month so I did forget.


Male Human Cleric 12; HP 91/99 + 10| AC 20 (27) T 12 (16) FF 19 (26)| Fo +11 Re +6 Wi +14| Init +1 Percep +6| Channel Energy 0/7

Tomaru is exhilarated. He had never before gone to the plane of shadow. To a Desnan, it is very important to go places they had never been before, even better if few or even no other have been there too. He was sure he could more closely hear the Song of Spheres. He was truly blessed.

"Has the city become brighter since last we left? Or is it just me?"


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 12
Stats:
Hp's 148/148; AC: 22/touch 14/ff 20(vs. giants 29/19/22); Perc: +18; Init: +2; Fort: +14, Ref: +8, Will: +11; CMD 30(35 vs giant type/31 vs larger)

Thordak stares at Lym with a 'whatever' look. "Hardy, har, har, lass. That's just sooo funny," he retorts. He then leans in near Kellen as they walk, keeping his voice to a minimum, "Lad. There really wasn't a Lady Shadow dwarf, was there? I had me eyes closed, ya know, some of the way. And I figure I probably missed her during that, small, very very short, brief amount of time. Ya know what they say: Don't blink or ya may miss somethin'," he says, nodding as a matter of factly. "So, was there?"


The doors of the temple are open, despite the hour. Two guards in the white livery of Iomedae flank the massive wood and iron portals that double as fortress gates typical of an Iomedaen temple. A lesser priest greets you in the foyer, telling you that Brother Pietre is expecting you. He leads you through a narrow arch and up a twisting stair to a second level room. Brother Pietre welcomes you to his office/sanctum, rising from his chair to embrace each of you.

"Well met!" He says with enthusiasm. "I heard from Grobaras that you had sent word and were returning to Magnimar. Certainly didn't expect you so soon, but I am glad to see you doing well!"

He pauses. "Where is Rhianni? Is she...I trust she is well?" He let's the last question trail off, hoping it's not bad news...


Female Half-Orc Wizard 7/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 82/89; Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +13

"She has elected to join the Black Arrows and help them to safeguard the region around Turtleback Ferry," Lym says.

(At least I thought that was what we agreed on? ;))

"While we were successful in breaking the cell of the evil group operating there, we uncovered disquieting information. Even as we speak, an army may be moving for Sandpoint, so you will forgive us if we do not stay too long."

With that said, the Wizard gives a quick rundown of everything the group survived and achieved during the most recent leg of their travels and travails. Everything from the Kreeg to Black Magga, the two fights against Lucrecia, her Ogre and Giant allies, the tree Hags and Barl... and the ominous note from 'M'.


Male Human Rogue 7/Fighter 4; HP: 93/104; AC:24/T18/FF24; Fort+9 Ref+10 Will+5; Per +15; Init +3
Thordak Ironheart wrote:
...he says, nodding as a matter of factly. "So, was there?"

Kellen merely smiles and replies enigmatically: "Let's just say...that is the terms in which it's being talked about...by just about everyone."

He then gives a wink, and adds quietly to Thordak: "You just watch yerself around wizards...they have a different view on matters extra-material in nature."


Male Human Rogue 7/Fighter 4; HP: 93/104; AC:24/T18/FF24; Fort+9 Ref+10 Will+5; Per +15; Init +3

At Lym's insistence of rushing off to Sandpoint, Kellen crosses his arms and looks at the group - especially Praxim, Tomaru, and Lym.

"The first time we met, I was told not ask you what happened in Sandpoint. So, I kept my opinions to myself since I was here to do a job and didn't want to cause trouble."

"But...I'm going to bring it up now: what's so important about Sandpoint that it can't wait; what did you find there? Why can't Magnimar get involved in protecting it - it's under their purview much like Turtleback was? Let them send troops, if they want to keep their protectorate."

"Second, we have no idea how old that message is nor what they will do now that Barl and his "ogre reserves" have been taken out. Sandpoint could be a cinder or they could be delayed by the lack of those troops we stopped. We need some information. Or did you forget how well it went when we didn't know about Lucrecia the first time and she got us ambushed and surrounded by ogres??"

His tone calms a little and he finishes with: "Look, I understand something big is brewing besides a bunch of ogre raiders. If there's innocent folk at stake, I can respect that - but charging into this is going to put our heads on a giant's pike...or worse."

He turns to Brother Pietre at the end of the dialogue and asks with an open palm: "So is there any word from Sandpoint or parts beyond that might help us? Since we were literally in the dark traveling to get here, that is."


Kellen Wrensler wrote:


"The first time we met, I was told not ask you what happened in Sandpoint. So, I kept my opinions to myself since I was here to do a job and didn't want to cause trouble."

[b]"But...I'm going to bring it up now: what's so important about Sandpoint that it can't wait; what did you find there?

I never did read the whole original thread, I'm really curious about this as well! What did happen in Sandpoint? <Grabs popcorn...>


Brother Pietre listens to Lym's discourse with rapt attention, nodding his head at the high points.

"You did a hero's work there," he says when she is finished, "and I would see you rewarded for it. The loss of Fort Rannick would have been a serious blow to Magnimar's expansion efforts. I will put out word of what you have done. The merchants and craftsmen of the city will show you preferential treatment in your dealings."

This is where your extra 10% comes from, and will give you priority for anything you want crafted.

"We have not heard any bad news from Sandpoint...well, worse than normal anyway. You see, over the last few weeks there have been reports of bands of creatures in and around the Lost Coast region. Goblins, ogres, even the occasional giant. The scouting forces of the city are stretched thin in trying to cover the area. I doubt they would send a significant force to Sandpoint. Not when they have to protect their own interests here. There are some who believe this a move by Korvosa - and those people have significant influence in the Council. They have scared Grobaras enough that he has forbidden any large troop movements from the city."

He shakes his head in frustration. "I'm afraid that if Sandpoint needs help in a hurry, you are it."


"I'll set out right away." Shalelu says. "I'll see what's happening in and around Sandpoint, and get back to you." The ranger gives you a quick nod, and sets out.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 7/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 82/89; Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +13

"I need to buy scrolls of Message. I'll be able to warn Sandpoint immediately," Lym says.

I don't recall why Kellen was kept out of the loop...


F/R/W: +14/+14/+14 AC/T/FF: 28/16/23; CMD: 30; Perc: +16; Init: +6; Max HP: 108 Current HP: 108

Praxim clears his throat. "We...we lost a comrade there. Two, if you count his animal companion. We found a demon trapped deep underground, and being cock sure and arrogant, we took him on..."

Praxim pauses to swallow the rage that is building. "This time, we will not fail, and that demon will die."


Female Half-Orc Wizard 7/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 82/89; Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +13

"Yes," Lym hisses. "Another reason to return to Sandpoint. A very happy one."


"One more thing before you go." Brother Pietre says after Shalelu leaves. "There is someone here who I want you to meet." He steps over to a heavy wooden door and opens it. In the antechamber beyond a woman sits. When she hears the door open, she stands up and comes into the office.

"This is Aurora Wulfsdottir. She wishes to help with the recent 'problem'. I can't think of any better way than to work with you all."


F/R/W: +14/+14/+14 AC/T/FF: 28/16/23; CMD: 30; Perc: +16; Init: +6; Max HP: 108 Current HP: 108

Naturally, Praxim will scan this woman for evil.

Eventually, he'll also recommend checking her for Sihedron tattoos, but being a paladin, possesses enough tact and class not to suggest she strip in Brother Petrie's office.

Once she fails to detect as evil, Praxim offers her a warm smile, warmer if she's particularly attractive.


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 12
Stats:
Hp's 148/148; AC: 22/touch 14/ff 20(vs. giants 29/19/22); Perc: +18; Init: +2; Fort: +14, Ref: +8, Will: +11; CMD 30(35 vs giant type/31 vs larger)
Kellen Wrensler wrote:

Kellen merely smiles and replies enigmatically: "Let's just say...that is the terms in which it's being talked about...by just about everyone."

He then gives a wink, and adds quietly to Thordak: "You just watch yerself around wizards...they have a different view on matters extra-material in nature."

The dwarf nods wide-eyed, double tapping the side of his nose before cautiously cutting his eyes toward Lym and deciding it best to just stay quiet.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 12, hp 74/74, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +15/20/22, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +15, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +18

Praxim: As suspected she does not detect as evil :)

Smiling even before the door has fully opened, Aurora stands with hands clasped in front of her as she walks in to the office, despite her small stature the gnome's presence fills the whole room as she turns to face you.

A pleasure to meet you all, Brother Pietre has talked about you a fair bit but I don't presume to know any more than you are good folk with Sandpoint's best interests at heart

She brushes an errant strand of magenta hair back from her face, tucking it behind an ear, the gesture causing the dragons faintly embroidered on her robe to dance in the light. Varisian style tattoos of draconic script wrap around her wrist, and you can see others have escaped the confines of her robe and are visible against the base of her throat. The black and red robe seems to be her sole item of clothing, it is impossible to escape noticing more of the script wrapped around her leg as the robe shifts in response to her movement.

I have my own reasons to journey to Sandpoint, notably I am seeking lore said to be hidden in the region, but we'll have plenty of time to discuss such things on the journey and of more importance is ensuring the townsfolk's safety. From what Brother Pietre has said of your experiences, there are things afoot in the region that need dealing with, and soon.

She gestures a travel pack and staff propped against the wall.

I am sure you have things to do now you are back, but I am traveling lightly and so ready to leave whenever you are. I appreciate your kindness in allowing me to accompany you

She bows her head to you in thanks.


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 12
Stats:
Hp's 148/148; AC: 22/touch 14/ff 20(vs. giants 29/19/22); Perc: +18; Init: +2; Fort: +14, Ref: +8, Will: +11; CMD 30(35 vs giant type/31 vs larger)
Old Guy GM wrote:

"One more thing before you go." Brother Pietre says after Shalelu leaves. "There is someone here who I want you to meet." He steps over to a heavy wooden door and opens it. In the antechamber beyond a woman sits. When she hears the door open, she stands up and comes into the office.

"This is Aurora Wulfsdottir. She wishes to help with the recent 'problem'. I can't think of any better way than to work with you all."

Thordak moves up to her, "Hello, lass! Me name's Thordak, Thordak Ironheart. Now...," he starts but stops and simply stands there in mute silence, a look upon him as if he's trying to come up with something to say but can't. Cutting his eyes from left to right as the panic moves in at a rapid rate, "Hello, lass! Hello! Um... me name is... Thordak...," he clears his throat, "again. Ya know, I really don't know what else ta say to ya, lass, so I'm gonna go sit over there. Thanks," he says, nodding, making his way toward the very far back. As far back as the dwarf can possibly go until a wall prevents him from going any further.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 12
Stats:
Hp's 148/148; AC: 22/touch 14/ff 20(vs. giants 29/19/22); Perc: +18; Init: +2; Fort: +14, Ref: +8, Will: +11; CMD 30(35 vs giant type/31 vs larger)
Aurora Ulfurdottir wrote:

I am sure you have things to do now you are back, but I am traveling lightly and so ready to leave whenever you are. I appreciate your kindness in allowing me to accompany you

She bows her head to you in thanks.

Thordak finds a seat and drums his fingers on his knee as he waits for the others to introduce themselves. Just before they do, it hits him and he shoots up from his seat, "Oooooo! I got this one! 'You're welcome', lass," he responds, grinning victoriously as he sits back down. Whew that was close, Thordak. I nearly made a fool of meself, he thinks as he breathes a quiet sigh of relief.


Male Human Cleric 12; HP 91/99 + 10| AC 20 (27) T 12 (16) FF 19 (26)| Fo +11 Re +6 Wi +14| Init +1 Percep +6| Channel Energy 0/7

Tomaru had met Lym and Praxim just after they had lost their friend so he kind of understood what Kellen meant. Now that he thought of it, they were different then. Especially Praxim. It was easy to tell that he and Markum had had a close relationship.

"Shalelu, we can use magic to get us all there, if you are willing to wait a day. I would understand, though, if you wanted to travel on your own to get a feel for the what's going on."

Tomaru comes up to Aurora and gives his hand in introduction. I'm Tomaru. Sweet songs to you." He is an attractive mixed Varisian and Tian man with a slight build. Judging from his dress and the piar of starknives he carries, Tomaru is a devotee of Desna. "This is Lym, Praxim, Kellen, Shalelu, and you already know Thordak. If you're willing to help, we're willing to have you help. Our plan is to finish up our business here quickly and leave tomorrow."


"Pleased to meet you." the half elf extends her hand to the gnome. To Tomaru, she replies: "Much appreciated, but I'm going to go 'off-road' as it were. I can find out more by moving about on foot in the wilds. I may be late getting there, later than you anyway., but I will meet you in Sandpoint. I better get started."


So give me the plan: what you are buying (assume you can get it unless you are going all crazy on me), how you are getting there, etc. Once I have that, we'll move straight to Sandpoint. I believe Zen will need some suggestions for what an 11th level sorceress should have.


Male Human Rogue 7/Fighter 4; HP: 93/104; AC:24/T18/FF24; Fort+9 Ref+10 Will+5; Per +15; Init +3

Going to backtrack a little.

Before Aurora's arrival, Kellen listens first to Brother Pietre's update of the situation. His jaw clearly clenches as he hears how Grobaras' self-serving policies take priority over the rest of the towns. "Damn fool," he mutters. "At least Gromarcky's never tried to hide under false civility," mentioning the pirate mayor of Riddleport.

When Praxim adds the further explanation of what happened, Kellen's tone softens. "Well...I'm sorry to hear that but glad to know. A cup next round in his honor." He pauses, and adds: "No disrespect, but it also explains why they would want to attack then. If there's anything we learned from the Skull Dam, it's that powerful servitors usually means something powerfully Thassilonian is buried under that town...." a flash of some memory crosses his face, "...and that scares me more for those townsfolk than the giants do."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kellen also offers his hand in introduction to Aurora. She sees he's a tall, wiry man with a rough look contrasted by a silvery chain shirt he's wearing under his gear. "Nice to meet you, Miss Aurora." His grey eyes seem to linger on her a moment longer than expected.

"Interesting tattoos you have there," he adds without preamble. "And don't thank us yet, from the sound of things, we are about to walk into a passel of giants and worse before things get better." Again, he gives her a longer glance before turning to the others with a look of having resolved something.

"Well, that's settled then. Guess we all best get some rest and supplies before heading out then."


Male Human Rogue 7/Fighter 4; HP: 93/104; AC:24/T18/FF24; Fort+9 Ref+10 Will+5; Per +15; Init +3
Shalelu_Andosana wrote:
"Much appreciated, but I'm going to go 'off-road' as it were. I can find out more by moving about on foot in the wilds...

"Safe travels, Miss Shalelu. Watch yerself out there"


Female Half-Orc Wizard 7/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 82/89; Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +13
Old Guy GM wrote:
So give me the plan: what you are buying (assume you can get it unless you are going all crazy on me), how you are getting there, etc. Once I have that, we'll move straight to Sandpoint. I believe Zen will need some suggestions for what an 11th level sorceress should have.

Scrolls of: Communal mount, Greater dispel magic, Guards and wards, Magic circle against evil, Message, Move earth, Planar binding and Summon monster VI and the inks to scribe them for me - and at least one day to put Message in my book so I can warn the people of Sandpoint ahead of time.

Important: Tomaru, if you can cast any of these other than Message and Summon VI, please let me know so I can cross them off the list.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 7/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 82/89; Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +13

"Maybe you can delay long enough that we could purchase some items of communication?" Lym suggests to Shalelu. "Just in case."

* * * * * * * * * * * *

The tall, broad-shouldered Half-Orc looks down on the colourful Gnome - and vividly remembers the night the group spent in the Gnomish village. She suppresses a wince.

Lym cuts an unusual figure; dressed to the nines in clothes which would not be frowned upon by lesser nobility, yet her face is covered by veils of black lace and iron-grey hair falls across her shoulders. A falchion rides on her back as if it belongs there.

"What are your qualifications to join us on a voyage to a city likely to fall under siege?" she asks, gruffly.


Male Human Cleric 12; HP 91/99 + 10| AC 20 (27) T 12 (16) FF 19 (26)| Fo +11 Re +6 Wi +14| Init +1 Percep +6| Channel Energy 0/7

I can Greater Dispel Magic and Magic Circle.

I'll need at least two scrolls of Heal. Four would be better though I doubt the money is there for that many. I'll also want a boost to my AC and perhaps my weapon's enhancement bonus. How much do we have again?


Male Human Rogue 7/Fighter 4; HP: 93/104; AC:24/T18/FF24; Fort+9 Ref+10 Will+5; Per +15; Init +3
Tomaru wrote:
How much do we have again?

Check discussion page for the full list, but each person should have about 5,776 gp from the latest haul, plus whatever you kept from previous distributions.

It would be great to have a Ring of Invisibility, but market value is listed at 20,000 - so I doubt I can find that discounted. Probably going for some potions of Invisibility and some of Cat's Grace. Possible a couple more cure serious ones as well. I doubt that will put me over 5K, so I can help pony some of my share to help those folks in need of extra gear.

@Tomaru: Also, I was going to keep the Light Fortification Studded Leather if you want it. AC-wise, I don't think it is better than Mithral Chain though.


Male Human Cleric 12; HP 91/99 + 10| AC 20 (27) T 12 (16) FF 19 (26)| Fo +11 Re +6 Wi +14| Init +1 Percep +6| Channel Energy 0/7

How many Scrolls of Heal are available for purchase?

I'm happy with my Mithral Chain. Frankly the Light Fortification would probably be better on you. I think you're more likely to be in a position to make use of the fortification ability then me. At least that's what I go for.


Male Human Cleric 12; HP 91/99 + 10| AC 20 (27) T 12 (16) FF 19 (26)| Fo +11 Re +6 Wi +14| Init +1 Percep +6| Channel Energy 0/7

"Lym, let up. The good chaplain has vouched for her and she is wiling to walk the road to danger with us. For me, that is qualification enough."


Tomaru wrote:
How many Scrolls of Heal are available for purchase?

As many as you can afford.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 12, hp 74/74, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +15/20/22, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +15, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +18

Aurora smiles at each of you as you greet her.

Not to worry Thordak, I'm not much good at small talk so don't feel you need to think of anything else to say!

She turns to Tomaru

It is always a pleasure to travel with one of Desna's blessed, may stardust light your path, I am glad to be in good company.

She shakes Shalelu's offered hand, responding with a simple

Likewise so as not to delay the ranger any further.

As Kellen comments on her tattoos her smile get wider

Ah the ink on my skin simply tells my story, it's as much a part of me as the color of my hair or the magic in my blood. As for enemies we will face, life is nothing without challenges to overcome! Judging by your recent activities you are more than a match for what is to come!

She listens quietly as Lym asks more of her, and raises a hand placatingly to Tomaru as he voices his opinion.

It's ok, were I in the same place I would want to know more too, I am happy to reply. she reassures the cleric, then turns back to Lym

I think I'd rather answer the unspoken questions if that's ok with you, which are 'Can I look after myself and not need looking after? Can I contribute in a meaningful way?' she nods at Lym At least that's what I'd be asking in your place!

She sweeps both hands down in front of her

I have walked Golarion for the better part of a century, both with companions and on my own so I'm no stranger to the adventuring life and its hardships. I have the honor of bearing dragon's blood, with all the arcane power that entails. Perhaps more importantly than my magical abilities, I believe in helping others, even to my own detriment.

She tilts her head to consider Lym further, but then shrugs

Well that's as best an answer as I can muster right now, and after all words are just that, talking the path and walking it are two different things for some folk. Perhaps you and I can find a tea house somewhere in the morning if you have time, and we can talk of magic or history, whatever you fancy or want to know more about. No offence taken if you haven't the time, I understand you've been away for a while and we can always catch up on the road, walking the path together...


Male Human Rogue 7/Fighter 4; HP: 93/104; AC:24/T18/FF24; Fort+9 Ref+10 Will+5; Per +15; Init +3

At the gnome's response, Kellen glances over to Thordak with a wink and smirk and mutters to him: "Smart and scrappy...I like her already."


Female Half-Orc Wizard 7/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 82/89; Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +13

"We'll see," Lym says. "No offence, but things have been getting mighty hairy of late. Welcome for now - but I would like to see how you handle yourself in combat."

The Half-Orc turns to Brother Pietre. "Can you recommend a Wizards' shop, and maybe arrange a discount? I need a number of scrolls before we go."


Lym going all Lym on us...

"Certainly." Brother Pietre says. "And anything else you would need."

Assume you can get what you need in a day or so, depending on how fast you want to move. Once you give me the word, we will move to Sandpoint, so let's get the buying and character stuff done. No pressure Aurora!

EDIT: Just saw the 'discount' request.

"Ah..." the priest says shaking his head, "discounts are hard to come by in Magnimar. It's all I could do to pry loose the extra bonus on your resale. It's no surprise the cult of Greed picked this city to start their activities."


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 12
Stats:
Hp's 148/148; AC: 22/touch 14/ff 20(vs. giants 29/19/22); Perc: +18; Init: +2; Fort: +14, Ref: +8, Will: +11; CMD 30(35 vs giant type/31 vs larger)
Kellen Wrensler wrote:
At the gnome's response, Kellen glances over to Thordak with a wink and smirk and mutters to him: "Smart and scrappy...I like her already."

"I know! Me too! The lass is adorable!" he responds giddily, covering a giggle with his hand but then immediately stops, going wide-eyed as he just realized how he sounds. Clearing his throat in extreme awkwardness, "Um, she's alright - I guess - for a gnome," he says with what sounds like indifference and shrugging, before turning in the opposite direction of the rogue to hide his face that has instantly turned a crimson red.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 12, hp 74/74, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +15/20/22, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +15, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +18

Aurora nods at Lym

No offence taken, I can hardly hold you to account when I'll be doing the same thing! she winks at the wizard and turns to pick up her pack and staff. I'll leave you to it, I'm sure you have much to attend to and as you note, we'll get to know, and trust, each other once we run in to some challenges that provide the opportunity for our real selves to show through.

She bows with respect to the wizard and moves off towards the exit.

As she reaches Kellen and Thordak she pauses, gazing up at the pair and smiling

So do you gentlemen have tasks to be getting on with? If so I won't keep you, but if not then if either or both of you have a moment to give a girl a tour of this fine city, then that would be a great place to begin a friendship. I'm a big fan of tea houses if there is a good one nearby!


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 12
Stats:
Hp's 148/148; AC: 22/touch 14/ff 20(vs. giants 29/19/22); Perc: +18; Init: +2; Fort: +14, Ref: +8, Will: +11; CMD 30(35 vs giant type/31 vs larger)

"No tasks for me! I'd be glad too!" he responds a bit too excitedly. Not a moment later he realizes how overeager he may have sounded so in an attempt to 'correct' himself, "I mean, yeah, sure, I can do that I guess. I'm not busy or nothin'. And tea sounds pretty good," he says as a matter of fact, shrugging.


Male Human Rogue 7/Fighter 4; HP: 93/104; AC:24/T18/FF24; Fort+9 Ref+10 Will+5; Per +15; Init +3

Kellen lets a smirk cross his face at Thordak's response. He turns towards Aurora with a palm out, "I have some items to pickup of my own, but can join on looking around afterwards."
He rubs his chin for moment before adding, "Magnimar's not my usual haunt, but the only place I know you might find tea is Rag and Garter; it's more of a cantina though. I can find you there in a while; or just leave me a message here at the temple if you find someplace else."

"I'm heading to a potion shop if anyone knows were I might find one closeby..."


Female Gnome Sorcerer 12, hp 74/74, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +15/20/22, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +15, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +18

Aurora grins at Thordak's enthusiasm

Very well Master Ironheart, it's very kind of you to escort me she curtsies slightly to the barbarian.

And it's the 'Rag and Garter' Mister Kellen? Very good, irrespective of the talents of the staff, I always find the fare tastes better when a friend suggests the place! I hope you can join us later, of course we'll leave a message if we end up detouring elsewhere

Aurora slips one hand through the crook of Thordak's arm and walks out with him.

Now, if they have it, I'm partial to a 'Maple Walnut' blend, but perhaps we should broaden our tastes and be adventurous, try the local flvours? What do you think Master Thordak?

Happy to move on hen everyone else is :)

1 to 50 of 1,164 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / OGGM's Fortress of the Stone Giants All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.