Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

NotEspi's Evergreens (Standard) (Inactive)

Game Master NotEspi

Initiative:

[dice=Cypher]1d20 + 1[/dice]
[dice=Eadric]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=Helme]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=Mori]1d20 + 1[/dice]
[dice=Raman]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=Ssresrandu]1d20 + 2[/dice]

Maps


601 to 650 of 778 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
The Exchange

AC 18, T 11, FF 17 | hp 18/18 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +9 Female oread shaman (crystal tender, speaker for the past) 2 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes of the Darklands 22, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 35, 111, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 2 205) LG Medium outsider (native) Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +12

I think we should cut this off at the source, but I'll go along with what the majority of the group decides to do. Either one will meet our goals." Helme follows along at her slow speed.

The Exchange

LG Male Dwarf Spiritualist | HP 12/13 | AC 15 (19) T 11 FF 14 (18) | F +5 R +1 W +6 (all +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells/spell-like, +4 vs. mind-affecting) | CMD 13 | Init +1 | Darkvision, Stonecunning, Perc +4 (+6) SM +4 | K: Dun +5 His +5 (+7*) | Speed 20 ft | Active Conditions: Shield (+4 Shield AC, 1 minute)

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Mori says as he scoops Helme's coins off of the counter. "I already paid the man."

Grand Lodge

The Dalsine Affair: Thread / Maps and Handouts

With the business at the Oyster completed, and the meeting postponed until, hopefully, a time when Delroya's sabotage efforts are already executed, you start moving towards the Thrawn district to find the Blue Dragon's Bite - while there are several piers in the dock, and they are all booming with activity, after a few minutes of search, you find your target. The ship has it's name painted on the port side, though in a barely readable manner. As in - the paint is fairly fresh, but whoever did the job must have been trashed, or attempted to drink the paint at some point.

A maze of broken ships forms an artificial reef blocking Diobel’s harbor. This treacherous and erratic terrain teems with laborers, barge masters, pilots, and port inspectors, who busily conduct their business ferrying goods to and from the Bristles. Beyond the Trawl, seagoing ships wait their turn to offload cargo or pick up new goods. One ship stands out among the others—the freshly touched-up paint on its hull, blue with streaks of white lightning along the hull, marks it as the Blue Dragon’s Bite. It sits moored to a dock jutting from the Trawl, with several crates already offloaded nearby, and many more waiting piled on its deck.

The ship itself is seemingly empty, with a few dock workers unloading cargo onto the nearby pier with a crane. Besides them, there is one uniformed woman, looking like an official sort, and one sailor-ish-ly clothed man, chatting it up at the bottom end of the boarding plank.

Sovereign Court

Silver Tongue Study Human
Stats:
Sorcerer 3 | AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | CMD 9 | HP 14 C 0| F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +1 |

Cypher looks to the team.

Welp, get ready to back me up if this is going badly... remember, the safe word is "PATHFINDERS HELP!"

They wink and walk up to the uniformed looking woman and the sailor looking man and pretends to look flustered, affecting the look of a very lost, very desperate young waif on the docks.

Blue Dragons Bite? Blue Dragons Bite? Oh goodness me oh goodness me, I'm not sure if this is the right ship... they promised me that it was the best ship I could ask for... Oh I'm so lost...

They fan themselves lightly as step in front.

I don't suppose you two could tell me which of you two lovely persons is the Captain of this fine vessel? The Blue Dragon's Bite? I'm sorry, but I'm new and I was promised that the Blue Dragon's Bite was the best ship I could ask for...

They pout demurely, looking at both people as if a ditz who can't tell which one is the sailor and which one the official.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Brawler (SC) 2 | HP: 20/20
Stats:
AC: 17/13/15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 trait bonus against charm, compulsion, and emotion effects) | Spd: 30' | Per: +6 | Init :+2 | Martial Flexibility: 4/4 | Active effects:

Eadric watches as Cypher starts doing their thing, and asks the others "So like, what's the plan guys? Do a couple of you want to just, like, stuff yourselves into some barrels or something? I could, like, totally carry you aboard pretending to be a labourer!" He smiles at the shortest members of the group, Raman and Mori, trying to gauge their enthusiasm for the plan "You know, while Cyph has them all distracted and stuff..." He scratches his head and looks around for some suitable containers.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The Exchange

LG Male Dwarf Spiritualist | HP 12/13 | AC 15 (19) T 11 FF 14 (18) | F +5 R +1 W +6 (all +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells/spell-like, +4 vs. mind-affecting) | CMD 13 | Init +1 | Darkvision, Stonecunning, Perc +4 (+6) SM +4 | K: Dun +5 His +5 (+7*) | Speed 20 ft | Active Conditions: Shield (+4 Shield AC, 1 minute)

"Eadric," Mori says solemnly, "If you can carry Raman and I in a barrel, I will build you a house."

Sovereign Court

Silver Tongue Study Human
Stats:
Sorcerer 3 | AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | CMD 9 | HP 14 C 0| F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +1 |

Diplo just in case: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29

Dark Archive

Nagaji Male| 15/13HP| AC 15/10/13| Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +2| Initiative +2| Perception +6| Rage 2/6

Ssessandru tries to size up how many workers there are, and if any of them are armed more than a dock worker or sailor should be.

Grand Lodge

The Dalsine Affair: Thread / Maps and Handouts

The dock workers are not armed, but they seem like they can take and return a punch if need be. Carrying heavy boxes as a career choice does have, after all, that effect on one's physique. The occasional guared peeks down the pier, and continues on their route when nothing of interest is happening.

Eadric looks about, and he does find several crates next to the ship. The empty ones seem discarded, however. Broken or in bad condition. Bad condition, as in whatever was stored in them got spoiled or rotten bad condition, and some of them are starting to catch a green hue on the exterior. Makes one wonder how they look and smell from the inside. It could probably wake Rovagug. The dock workers might clean and reuse them - at some point.

While the other agents discuss alternative plans, Cypher walks up to the pair of humans near the plank and addresses them. Both of them measure her curiously, and the woman prompts the man to respond with a quiet hand gesture. He looks at the sun in the sky and back, then speaks.

"Cap'n ain't here ma'am. I'm the first mate, tho'. What you need 'im for?"

Seeing her conversation partner possesses a tact of a brick wall, the uniformed woman takes the initiative and steps in. "We've been introduced to each other recently, but this here is First Mate Bellarion, Blue Dragon's Bite crew. Did I get that right?", she turns her head towards the sailor, and he nods in agreement. After confirming, she continues: "Myself, I am Indara Allencroft, and I am with Diobel's Customs Authority. We were just discussing the fees for the cargo, and going over the manifest. With that said, whatever you need from this ship, it's not moving from dock until the captain cover the charges and signs off on some papers. With that said - he's not here."

Sovereign Court

Silver Tongue Study Human
Stats:
Sorcerer 3 | AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | CMD 9 | HP 14 C 0| F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +1 |

Couldn't be that easy. Oh well, this will still be fun.

Cypher puts the fan to their chin and chews their lip in mock worry.

Oh no, how dreadful! I simply must rent a boat right away! Or else what the fortune teller said might not come true!

bluff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31Oh, this gonna be good... *Passes out popcorn*

Cypher looks conspiratorial as they continue, stage whispering to the two in front of them.

I was told by a fortune teller that I would meet "the one who could satisfy my deepest needs". I was so excited, I needed someone, NEEDED someone who could help me with...

They cough softly and state in a sexy tone...

My needs. But she said that I would be with them... "In the heart of the dragon"! It's true! I was so distraught that I went down to the pub and... had a little to much to drink. But while I was down there, someone was talking about a "Captain's Quarters are the heart of his ship!". And I thought to myself...

They flip their hair, stepping even closer to the two, their perfume slowly wafting and enticing their scenses.

What if... I know this sounds stupid, but what if I found a ship called "The Dragon" or something like that and stayed a while in it's captain's quarters? I'd surely meet my prince then!

They blush softly and lean in close to the both of them before tilting over to the official and whispering huskily.

Or princess... I'd do anything to experience just a bit with that special someone... Won't you please help me... you can't do anything else until the captain gets back anyways right? Why not go wait for him where he won't be able to dodge you? I can keep you busy... Indara....

She turns, putting her back against the official and pouting deeply at the sailor.

You would help me, wouldn't you Bellarion? You could let us into the Captain's cabin... just for a bit? I could make it worth your while to...

They smile as they make fluttering eyes at the official and runs a finger along the Indara's side, and sticking their hips out to gently bump Bellarion.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42 OH YEAH! CRIT BABY!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Brawler (SC) 2 | HP: 20/20
Stats:
AC: 17/13/15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 trait bonus against charm, compulsion, and emotion effects) | Spd: 30' | Per: +6 | Init :+2 | Martial Flexibility: 4/4 | Active effects:

"Hmm, I guess, like, both of you together would be way heavy. One at a time though, and I could totally get you on board!" Eadric says in response to Mori's scepticism "I found some empty crates over there that might do the trick." He points to a couple of the greenish, smelly looking containers "So who's first? Just, like, remember to hold your breath and stuff..." He smiles and rubs his hands together, clearly very excited about his cunning plan "C'mon, Bros, we can totally do this!"

Basically waiting to see what Cypher does, unless y'all really want to try the ol' dwarf in a barrel trick. In which case Mori and Raman can show off their stealth skills while the rest of us aid with distractions :)

Edit: Ninja'd :)

The Exchange

LG Male Dwarf Spiritualist | HP 12/13 | AC 15 (19) T 11 FF 14 (18) | F +5 R +1 W +6 (all +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells/spell-like, +4 vs. mind-affecting) | CMD 13 | Init +1 | Darkvision, Stonecunning, Perc +4 (+6) SM +4 | K: Dun +5 His +5 (+7*) | Speed 20 ft | Active Conditions: Shield (+4 Shield AC, 1 minute)

"Why do you want to put us in a barrel, though?"

Grand Lodge

The Dalsine Affair: Thread / Maps and Handouts

You're killing me here, Cypher. Pee-Gee, damnit!

Bellarion is set aback by the request, but recovers after short moment. He looks over Cypher head to toe - as is measuring a freshly captured fish, considering how to make dinner of it. Customs agent Allencroft is also startled, and her cheeks redden and eyes widen as she covers her mouth with the ship's manifest. She uses her other hand to grab onto a nearby railing.

"Well, the cap'n's cabin's locked, and he has the only key.", the first mate responds, and continues. "But I s'pose I could... eh - check the lower deck for you to find this heart you lookin' for. How 'bout a tour? If officer Allencroft here don't mind waiting fer a bit."

"Mmmmm", Indara considers the suggestion, still blushing a bit, but eventually responds: "Can I come with? At least I get to see the goods before you unload."

HAH! Not even sorry.

Meanwhile, five figures stand further away, discussing barrels. The dock workers working with the cargo seem unhpased by the conversation, being too focused on their work, and not noticing their surroundings otherwise.

@Mori - To be fair, your image does have a Thorin Oakenshield vibe to it.

Sovereign Court

Silver Tongue Study Human
Stats:
Sorcerer 3 | AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | CMD 9 | HP 14 C 0| F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +1 |

Drat. Oh well... DISTRACTION!

Cypher smiles softly.

Well... I'm not sure anywhere else would work... but it's worth a look! Let me tell my bodyguards where I'm going to be...

Before they can get any odd looks, they shrug.

What, you think a pretty little thing like me is gonna travel on this side of town WITHOUT bodyguards?

They flouce over to Eadric and lounge against them, speaking in a low whisper, loud enough for the other pathfinders to hear but not to carry, the smile plastered on their face.

Captain ain't here, Cabin's locked. I'm gonna... distract, we'll go with distract, the first mate and the custom official for a while. Make it quick.

She pats Eadric on the head and gives air kisses on his cheeks before flouncing back to the first mate and the custom official and hooking their arms through theirs and smiling at them.

Now, First mate, why don't you show us lovely ladies the ship? I don't know the first thing about ships... is it true another word for Sailors is "Sea men"?

Giggling softly, they urge the other two along onto the ship, throwing a wink behind at the rest of the group.

Unless the GM objects, and in favor of keeping this game PG, we can say that Cypher is "Out of combat" for a bit...

Sovereign Court

Not that I'll be left completely out of the fun!

Cypher's little bird flies away from them as they walk onto the ship with the First mate and Custom official and alights on Eadric's shoulder. It speaks in a ultra deep, low, melodic, almost like it's singing, voice.

Mmmmmm.... Cypher gonna be keepin' dem buuuuusy for a bit baaaby. Best you all make with your grooooove and hurry it up... Awwww yeah...

Grand Lodge

Male Human Brawler (SC) 2 | HP: 20/20
Stats:
AC: 17/13/15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 trait bonus against charm, compulsion, and emotion effects) | Spd: 30' | Per: +6 | Init :+2 | Martial Flexibility: 4/4 | Active effects:

"Well no one could see you if you're in a barrel!" Eadric says to Mori, utterly flabbergasted that he fails to see the genius of the plan "You'd be, like, a total ninja, Bro! Sneak in and snea- Oh, here comes Cyph..." Eadric tries to emulate Cypher's innocent looking smile as they fill the group in on the situation, he sort of pulls it off, but only because he looks too goofy to be up to no good.

Eadric watches as Cypher walks up the gangplank with their quarry, and starts laughing when the Sweetsong lands on his shoulder "So you're the voice in Cypers ear, then? That totally explains, like, a lot!." He quickly checks if the coast is clear, and shrugs "Well if you're not up for the barrel, we could just, like, walk over and see what happens." He waits until Cypher and the others are out of sight, and starts walking towards the ship as inconspicuously as he can manage. With a bird on his shoulder, he certainly feels more like he belongs on a ship than he did moments before.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Bluff: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (17) - 4 = 13

I'm hoping if a roll is needed, that it would be stealth. However, if you think bluff is more appropriate for him to act like he belongs on the ship, I rolled that too ;)

Edit: Hey hey, that wasn't half as bad as I thought it'd be.

Grand Lodge

The Dalsine Affair: Thread / Maps and Handouts

The ship is, naturally, on a body of water with a lot of rope laders leading to the surface, so you could also use a swim check, or attempt to jump onto the ship unnoticed from one of the unoccupied cranes nearby (acrobatics).

Grand Lodge

Male Human Brawler (SC) 2 | HP: 20/20
Stats:
AC: 17/13/15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 trait bonus against charm, compulsion, and emotion effects) | Spd: 30' | Per: +6 | Init :+2 | Martial Flexibility: 4/4 | Active effects:

Now you're speaking my language! Acrobatics, swim, and climb are where all my skill points went :)

As Eadric wanders closer to the ship, whistling inconspicuously, he suddenly notices the unoccupied cranes and the easy, or more precisely, quiet access to the water below Woah! What was I thinking? He turns around and quickly walks back to his friends "Okay guys, I have a most excellent plan! Some of us can jump on board from those crane thingies, and some of us can totally swim for it..." Although, given that she appears to be made of stone, he gives Helme a sceptical look "Umm, Sis, have you got some kind of, like, magic that can help you?"

The way I see it, we need to get Raman on board somehow so that he can pick the lock, while the rest of us run interference or help him (throw him onto the ship if he can't jump, or drag him through the water if he can't swim, for instance). What do y'all want to do?

Eadric has a +8 swim, +6 acrobatics, with a once a day +2 to either of them, so I'm open to anything.

Sovereign Court

Sweetsong hops up and down on Eadric's shoulder.

mmm... yeah... doncha know... I caaaaan give you an eye in the skyyyyy baby... Leeeeeeead those baaad men away baby, should they walk this waay...

You remember the preformace at the tavern, and figure, yeah, just about anyone would be distracted by that.

Sweetsong can preform Fascinate as the bard of equal level to Cypher's sorc level and using Cypher's charisma.

The Exchange

LN Dwarf UnRogue 1 | hp: 9/9 | AC 16 t:13 ff:13 | F: +1,R: +5, W: +2; +2 vs. poison, spells | Perc. +6 S. Motive +6 | Spd: 20ft | Conditions: None

Raman manages to nod and shake his head simultaneously as Cypher displays their skills.

He eyes the ship with the rest of the party. "I could use whate'er help yeh have to offer. 'M not the most agile ah fellows."

He takes off his pack, removes his tools, then holds it out "Someone hold on to this?"

My stats include a -3 encumbrance penalty. Without the extra weight, my best option is Climb at +3.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Brawler (SC) 2 | HP: 20/20
Stats:
AC: 17/13/15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 trait bonus against charm, compulsion, and emotion effects) | Spd: 30' | Per: +6 | Init :+2 | Martial Flexibility: 4/4 | Active effects:

"Sure thing, Bro!" Eadric says as he takes Raman's tools and stuffs them in his belt pouch "I think it'd way safer if we swam for it then. We can climb in over there, and like, swim all the way around to the blind side of the ship. If Sweetsong provides a distraction, we can totally climb aboard and into that cabin!" He shrugs off his backpack and pulls out a coil of knotted rope and a grappling hook "Just in case." And slips it over his shoulders, crisscrossing the straps of his shield. Smiling and bouncing around with excitement he says "I've never done this before, it's going to be epic! Shall we go?"

Taking off the backpack because it just seems like the right thing to do, even though it wouldn't effect Eadric at all in terms on encumbrance. I'm not sure what (or how many) rolls will be required, but if I can take ten, then swim will be 18 and I can automatically aid another if required.

Grand Lodge

The Dalsine Affair: Thread / Maps and Handouts

18 will do fine, and then some. The reason why I didn't tell you the options is that I feel it takes away from the experience and sort of affects the players' decision-making process. I am giving you space to improvise here. If you feel this is detrimental to your experience as a PFS player, let me know and I'll start listing those "suggested" options.

The Exchange

LN Dwarf UnRogue 1 | hp: 9/9 | AC 16 t:13 ff:13 | F: +1,R: +5, W: +2; +2 vs. poison, spells | Perc. +6 S. Motive +6 | Spd: 20ft | Conditions: None

"Here goes nothing."

Skeptical of the water, Raman cautiously enters the water.

Swim: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

The Dalsine Affair: Thread / Maps and Handouts

Well, that's no good.

Raman decides to swim towards one of the set of ropes on the side of the ship. It seems that his axe drags him down a bit, however. Soon after entering the water, he disappears underneath the surface. Fortunately, the water is relatively clean here and he is visible underneath, since it is a sunny day.

The Exchange

LN Dwarf UnRogue 1 | hp: 9/9 | AC 16 t:13 ff:13 | F: +1,R: +5, W: +2; +2 vs. poison, spells | Perc. +6 S. Motive +6 | Spd: 20ft | Conditions: None

*bubbles*

Grand Lodge

The Dalsine Affair: Thread / Maps and Handouts

Raman, roll a few swims and we'll see what's the damage.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Brawler (SC) 2 | HP: 20/20
Stats:
AC: 17/13/15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 trait bonus against charm, compulsion, and emotion effects) | Spd: 30' | Per: +6 | Init :+2 | Martial Flexibility: 4/4 | Active effects:

"Woah!" Eadric climbs into the water right after Raman, and immediately regrets suggesting they all go for a swim That's right! He, like, hangs out in the desert all the time... No water there! He dives under and does his best to keep Raman's head above water.

Swim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Aid Another (Swim): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Swim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Aid Another (Swim): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

What terrible rolls... Fingers crossed!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Dwarf UnRogue 1 | hp: 9/9 | AC 16 t:13 ff:13 | F: +1,R: +5, W: +2; +2 vs. poison, spells | Perc. +6 S. Motive +6 | Spd: 20ft | Conditions: None

Raman kicks his short legs and attempts to think floaty thoughts.

Rocks... gems... not gold, ooh! gold! no... the water refracts the light kind of like a diamond... focus!... wood? does wood float? ... ducks!

Swim: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Swim: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Swim: 1d20 ⇒ 12

The Exchange

LG Male Dwarf Spiritualist | HP 12/13 | AC 15 (19) T 11 FF 14 (18) | F +5 R +1 W +6 (all +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells/spell-like, +4 vs. mind-affecting) | CMD 13 | Init +1 | Darkvision, Stonecunning, Perc +4 (+6) SM +4 | K: Dun +5 His +5 (+7*) | Speed 20 ft | Active Conditions: Shield (+4 Shield AC, 1 minute)

Mori arches an eyebrow at the antic at the end of the pier.

"They'll let me know if they need me for something, right?"

The Exchange

AC 18, T 11, FF 17 | hp 18/18 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +9 Female oread shaman (crystal tender, speaker for the past) 2 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes of the Darklands 22, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 35, 111, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 2 205) LG Medium outsider (native) Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +12

Helme sighs at the guys going swimming, and decides to try something else. She begins to speak softly and a mist rolls up from the sea to envelop her in a thick fog. Then she starts to move toward the gangplank. She grabs Mori by the arm and tugs him toward the ship. She won't force him to follow just as a suggestion.

Stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16

Dark Archive

Nagaji Male| 15/13HP| AC 15/10/13| Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +2| Initiative +2| Perception +6| Rage 2/6

"Do dwarvesss alwaysss ssswim like rocksss?"

Ssesrandu dives in to try and pull Raman to the surface.

swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

The Exchange

LG Male Dwarf Spiritualist | HP 12/13 | AC 15 (19) T 11 FF 14 (18) | F +5 R +1 W +6 (all +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells/spell-like, +4 vs. mind-affecting) | CMD 13 | Init +1 | Darkvision, Stonecunning, Perc +4 (+6) SM +4 | K: Dun +5 His +5 (+7*) | Speed 20 ft | Active Conditions: Shield (+4 Shield AC, 1 minute)

"Usually," Mori answers the nagaji.

He gently resists Helme's tug. "I'm not exactly sneaky, but maybe everyone will be looking at the drowning dwarf."

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

The Dalsine Affair: Thread / Maps and Handouts

Busy weekend, but we're back on track! And since the scenario states that after 2 people get on board, the rest can just

While Cypher distracts the first mate and the customs official, Helme uses a sudden, and thick fog to board the Blue Dragon's Bite. Ssresrandu takes a different approach, he simply swims past Raman and Eadric struggling to get Raman to the water surface.

Once Helme and Ssresrandu are on the deck, they toss Raman and Eadric a convenient (knotted) rope to climb out of the water and onto the Bite. Mori follows suit shortly after, and with some simple timing and using the large crates on the ship, you quickly find yourselves in the bellows of the ship. Those that keep their ears at attention, may hear Cypher having a - deep and thoughtful discussion - with the first mate and the harbour customs representative. Soon after entering the lower decks, you find a door marked "Captain's Quarters". Several attempts to open the door prove that it is, in fact, locked.

No maps needed here. At least not for now.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Brawler (SC) 2 | HP: 20/20
Stats:
AC: 17/13/15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 trait bonus against charm, compulsion, and emotion effects) | Spd: 30' | Per: +6 | Init :+2 | Martial Flexibility: 4/4 | Active effects:

Eadric is surprised to see that Helme had already made it on deck, and thanks both her and Ssessandru for the help "Woah, Sis! Did you jump?" He asks as he brushes his damp hair out of his eyes "Ah, man, I missed it... I bet it was, like, totally awesome!" He manages to keep his voice down, but he can't hide his excitement "I've never actually, like, snuck into anywhere before, I totally feel like a ninja!" He exclaims as he stands on the deck, shivering slightly and dripping seawater all over the place. He then follows the others down below, taking his cues from them and attempting to find the largest crates possible to hide his wide frame.

Still blushing from some of the things he heard along the way, Eadric now stands outside the captain's cabin stating the obvious "It's locked." He retrieves Raman's tools from his belt-pouch and passes them back to the intrepid tomb raider "Take it away, Bro. You've totally got this!" He says with a smile and a friendly pat on the back.

The Exchange

LG Male Dwarf Spiritualist | HP 12/13 | AC 15 (19) T 11 FF 14 (18) | F +5 R +1 W +6 (all +2 vs. poison, +4 vs. spells/spell-like, +4 vs. mind-affecting) | CMD 13 | Init +1 | Darkvision, Stonecunning, Perc +4 (+6) SM +4 | K: Dun +5 His +5 (+7*) | Speed 20 ft | Active Conditions: Shield (+4 Shield AC, 1 minute)

"Nobody skilled with a pick?" Mori asks before folding his hands and meditating on summoning Biltri from the ether.

The Exchange

HP 3/6 (DR 5/slashing) | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +3 R +2 W +2 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Darkvision, Perc +4, SM +0 | Active Conditions: ---

Biltri forms beside Mori and looks at the door. "Canna git past a door? Shameful," the phantom says with a chuckle. He then lurches through the door, leaving a puddle of slime on both sides of the door.

I'll look for a way to open the door from the inside.

The Exchange

LN Dwarf UnRogue 1 | hp: 9/9 | AC 16 t:13 ff:13 | F: +1,R: +5, W: +2; +2 vs. poison, spells | Perc. +6 S. Motive +6 | Spd: 20ft | Conditions: None

*dripping*

"Never going near the water again I'd rather swim in sand and get dust lodged all in my leathers I can feel myself pickling already the blasted sea"

Raman takes a deep breath and centers himself, drying his hands before carefully picking the lock.

Disable: 10 + 8 = 18

The Exchange

AC 18, T 11, FF 17 | hp 18/18 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +9 Female oread shaman (crystal tender, speaker for the past) 2 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes of the Darklands 22, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 35, 111, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 2 205) LG Medium outsider (native) Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +12

Helme shakes her head. "I followed a mist." The last tendrils of the mist float off in the night air. "I'd warm you all up, but that's not a spell I learned today. I'm sorry. I didn't think we would be swimming."

Helme waits for the others to do something with the door. She keeps an eye on the stairs as she waits.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Grand Lodge

The Dalsine Affair: Thread / Maps and Handouts

Biltri passes the door and enters the capain's quarters. The place has a liot more decoration than the rest of the ship, and hosts a few cushioned chairs and a large table with a few rolled maps, a sextant, a compass, and a few dividers. Biltri also finds a key on the coat hanger next to the door.

Raman fiddles with the lock, but the residue Biltri made when passing the door seems to slow his progress.

You can take 20 on disable device, just sayin'. The crew seems sufficiently preoccupied so you can take your time.

After a quick search around the room you find a folder containing the desired documents in one of the cabinets. a few ledgers here and there, and a few old manifests, but not much else. Looks like captain went out for a night in town, and took most, if not all of his gold and finer clothes on this epic journey.

Dark Archive

Nagaji Male| 15/13HP| AC 15/10/13| Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +2| Initiative +2| Perception +6| Rage 2/6

Ssesrandu stands watch while the others do their work at the door and search the captains room.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Brawler (SC) 2 | HP: 20/20
Stats:
AC: 17/13/15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 trait bonus against charm, compulsion, and emotion effects) | Spd: 30' | Per: +6 | Init :+2 | Martial Flexibility: 4/4 | Active effects:

Eadric smiles at Helme, touched that she would think about his comfort "Don't worry, Sis! We'll soon warm up once we're off the ship." He then watches Biltri pass through the door and replies to his gentle chiding "Well I could totally do that too, but like, when I do, there is way more mess and noise."

Now that they have what they came for, Eadric starts wondering how they are going to get off again if swimming is out of the question. Pickled? We weren't even in there long enough to get wrinkly fingers... He starts patting the rope wrapped over his shoulder and gets an idea "I have a cunning plan..."

Okay, here's one plan for getting off the ship: while Sweetsong distracts the crew on deck, Eadric can throw his grappling rope at one of the unoccupied cranes, and we can all just either swing off the boat, or climb up to the crane. Alternatively, everyone can pick up a crate and just walk off :)

The Exchange

LN Dwarf UnRogue 1 | hp: 9/9 | AC 16 t:13 ff:13 | F: +1,R: +5, W: +2; +2 vs. poison, spells | Perc. +6 S. Motive +6 | Spd: 20ft | Conditions: None

"Should have bought the fancy picks. This might take a minute."

Raman takes his time working the lock, trusting the others to keep a lookout.

Disable: 20 + 8 = 28

The Exchange

HP 3/6 (DR 5/slashing) | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +3 R +2 W +2 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Darkvision, Perc +4, SM +0 | Active Conditions: ---

Biltri picks up the documents and then tries the key on the door's lock well before Raman can get around to opening it.

Assuming the key works...

"What's takin' ya so long, lad?" the phantom says and holds out the documents.

Grand Lodge

The Dalsine Affair: Thread / Maps and Handouts

Others check the halls of the sub-deck, while Raman gets to work on the lock again. Just as he is about to finish the last two pins, Biltri opens the door up, with a 'ghastly' grin on his face.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Brawler (SC) 2 | HP: 20/20
Stats:
AC: 17/13/15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 trait bonus against charm, compulsion, and emotion effects) | Spd: 30' | Per: +6 | Init :+2 | Martial Flexibility: 4/4 | Active effects:

Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought we were already in...

Eadric watches the hall for danger, and turns around when he hears the door open "Nicely done, Bros!" He says, looking at the documents. Entering the Captain's cabin, he takes a quick look around for an escape route I wonder if there's, like, a way out from in here?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Is there a window or something we can climb out of? Otherwise I'll keep suggesting my plan in the last post :)

Grand Lodge

The Dalsine Affair: Thread / Maps and Handouts

There are windows. As a matter of fact, this is the Captain's cabin just above the stern. One entire wall has a long line of reinforced glass windows. Perhaps one could even open them from the inside.

The Exchange

LN Dwarf UnRogue 1 | hp: 9/9 | AC 16 t:13 ff:13 | F: +1,R: +5, W: +2; +2 vs. poison, spells | Perc. +6 S. Motive +6 | Spd: 20ft | Conditions: None

Raman looks darkly at the water below the window.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Brawler (SC) 2 | HP: 20/20
Stats:
AC: 17/13/15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 (+2 trait bonus against charm, compulsion, and emotion effects) | Spd: 30' | Per: +6 | Init :+2 | Martial Flexibility: 4/4 | Active effects:

Eadric tries to open the windows and, noticing Raman's apprehension, says "Come on, Bro. It'll be fun!" He looks outside to see if the coast is clear "We lock the door from the inside, climb out the window using my rope, and Biltri can totally unhook the grapple and, like, close the window again. It'll be like we were never here..." He glances at the slime covered door, and shrugs "Well, almost..."

Is it possible to find something wooden to help keep people afloat?

The Exchange

AC 18, T 11, FF 17 | hp 18/18 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +9 Female oread shaman (crystal tender, speaker for the past) 2 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes of the Darklands 22, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 35, 111, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 2 205) LG Medium outsider (native) Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +12

Helme gives the water a look. I guess I could try to swim, but I'm not sure it will work. I am a rock woman after all." She points to the rocky bumps on her arms.

Dark Archive

Nagaji Male| 15/13HP| AC 15/10/13| Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +2| Initiative +2| Perception +6| Rage 2/6

"You sssearch. I'll find wood to float." Without another comment, Ssesrandu exits via the window in search of driftwood, planks, broken crates, or anything else he can get near the ship as floatation devices when people start sinking during their escape.

swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

601 to 650 of 778 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / NotEspi's Evergreens (Standard) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.