Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[Non-PFS] Pathfinder 1-Shot

Game Master djpika

Maps
Marais d'Tarascon
Cemetery


Hooked Horseman of Magnimar Escapes!
While being transported from Magnimar to Habe's Sanatorium, Trevol Greenway, known as the Hooked Horror of Magnimar for riding down his victims with an ogre hook and then hanging them like meat, is believed to have escaped when his wagon was assaulted by the goblins along the Brinestump Marshes. His body was not found amongst the dead. Authorities seek assistance in finding the fugitive. For details, speak to Sheriff Hemlock. Only the brave need apply.


401 to 450 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

After the barmaid is gone, Morthak leans over to the others and speaks to them quietly.

"Any of you ever heard of a 'Maison d'Sablet?" he asks, examining one of the coins. "That could be the name of the King around here."

He shows the coin to the others, then puts it away.

"I am inclined to do a little graverobbing tonight," Morthak whispers. "If that man they buried turned into a zombie after death, then it should be put down. On the other hand, if they are murdering people in this village by burying them alive I'd like to know. And the only way I can think of that would let us be sure about it would be to pry old Jeremiah out of his crypt and have a look at him."

Morthak looks around, and continues.

"If we want to do that we should wait for cover of darkness. Maybe a couple hours before dawn."


Female Halfling Wizard 1(Abjurer)/ Ini +2-AC 13-HP 4/7- Fort+2 Ref +3 Will+4-Perc +3 Spd 30

That sounds yummy...Some crawfish with rice would be great, please.


Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17; hp 10/10; Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5

"If you must, I should go with you, if anything to keep your posteriors safe." Samantha answers Morthak in a whisper.


The waitress brings back Atushia what appears to be fortified stew of okra, crawfish, and rich amber brown sauce poured over rice. "That'll be two silvers please."

Did you guys want to wait until dusk to explore the cemetery then or did you want to make other stops in town?


Female Halfling Wizard 1(Abjurer)/ Ini +2-AC 13-HP 4/7- Fort+2 Ref +3 Will+4-Perc +3 Spd 30

Sitting at the table, Atsushia gives the waitress three silvers, and feeds Luc if he seems hungry.

Thank you. We are quite unsure were we are, in fact. We got lost in a dense fog, and found this lonely man, who followed us. What can you tell us about the place? Or if you don't have much time, who can give us some informations?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17; hp 10/10; Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5

Yeah nighttime endeavor and all.

Sam looks at the amount of coin she has and sighs. She'll be fine for a little while.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Atsushia Greyeyes wrote:

Sitting at the table, Atsushia gives the waitress three silvers, and feeds Luc if he seems hungry.

Thank you. We are quite unsure were we are, in fact. We got lost in a dense fog, and found this lonely man, who followed us. What can you tell us about the place? Or if you don't have much time, who can give us some informations?

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20+5

"Oh? Were you traveling from Port d'Elhour then? I've never been there myself but I've heard wonderful things. This here be Marais d'Tarascon, named after that 'lonely man's' family."


The Cemetery map is up for when the group is ready to move on. How late in the night are you waiting for?


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

I figure get some sleep and aim to wake up real early, like 3 AM. A time I would expect villagers should really all be asleep.


What light source do you plan to use? Is everyone going?


Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17; hp 10/10; Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5

I have darkvision and won't need it.


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

Is there a full or close to full moon tonight? If so, we can get away without light until we get close to the cemetery. Without moonlight though Morthak will need a light source.


Female Halfling Wizard 1(Abjurer)/ Ini +2-AC 13-HP 4/7- Fort+2 Ref +3 Will+4-Perc +3 Spd 30

I can cast Dancing lights


There are traces of moonlight, but it's difficult to see what phase the moon is in with all the storm clouds blotting out the sky. The silvery light only illuminates some of the dark blue edges between the clouds.


A single path leads to an iron gate in the south side of a 10' high stone wall. The yellow circles represent the dancing light radii.


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

Morthak approaches the gate, looking at the lock. He examines it and then pulls out his thieves' tools.

"Someone keep a lookout."

I'm assuming here that the gate is locked. I check for traps and then try to unlock it.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

If that doesn't work and there are no traps I can just take 20.

BTW GM: are the map squares 10 feet or 5 feet? The dancing lights should each have the same brightness as a torch,
which illuminates 20' in normal light and then 20' in dim light. Those figures are double for anyone with low-light vision (though I don't have any special vision myself).


The squares are supposed to be 10' but we'll say they're 5' to make it easier. I adjusted the light radii accordingly. I must have caught the 10' proximity clause when I looked it up briefly. The circles are just there to provide a reference.

The gate is locked with a large rectangular plate inlaid into the gate. Morthak is able to open it though without issue.


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

Morthak opens the gate and quietly slips inside.

"Come on," he says to the others. "Shut the gate behind you. But don't lock it."


Female Halfling Wizard 1(Abjurer)/ Ini +2-AC 13-HP 4/7- Fort+2 Ref +3 Will+4-Perc +3 Spd 30

Atsushia follows, even if she seems nervous

Is that the right thing to do? I mean, we can easily be accused of being grave robbers, no? What are we doing here, in the middle of the night,in a strange town amidst a spooky land?


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

"Only if they catch us." Morthak smiles.

"Besides, they either buried a person alive, or buried a zombie. Don't you want to know which?"


Female Halfling Wizard 1(Abjurer)/ Ini +2-AC 13-HP 4/7- Fort+2 Ref +3 Will+4-Perc +3 Spd 30

Atsushia faces grows pale

I can't.. I can't imagine someone cruel enough to bury a person alive. It MUST have been a zombie. You don't think so?


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

"Probably. But if it is, we should put it down. Otherwise, eventually it may dig its way out and start roaming around."


Female Halfling Wizard 1(Abjurer)/ Ini +2-AC 13-HP 4/7- Fort+2 Ref +3 Will+4-Perc +3 Spd 30

I didn't realized that. Do you think it can get free from the coffin that easily? Wasn't it covered in chains? It seems to me you told us that the coffin was secured...


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3
Atsushia Greyeyes wrote:
I didn't realized that. Do you think it can get free from the coffin that easily? Wasn't it covered in chains? It seems to me you told us that the coffin was secured...

"For now, yes. But an undead creature has forever to work its way free."

"The Lady of Graves is quite clear. Undead need to be destroyed to allow spirits to rest."


Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17; hp 10/10; Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5

Samantha follows, not particularly a quiet person but not being loud either. She has better vision than most in the dark, so she keeps a lookout while Morthak works and makes sure the gate is closed but not locked when they enter.

"What bothered me was that they wasted the effort of putting him in such a coffin to begin with." she finally says. "If they had the strength to capture it, and it was undead, they had the strength to slay it. It takes more energy, manpower, and resources to do it this way."


DM:

Atsushia Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Morthak Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Lars Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Samantha Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Ourias Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4

stealth: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12


Winged statues cast long shadows over the damp earth of the cemetery, dancing in the corners of vision under the indigo clouds. Morthak, Lars, and Samantha catch the clanking of heavy iron chains ahead.


Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17; hp 10/10; Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5

Samantha will put her hand on her short sword, slowly drawing it off her belt.

"Shhh... Hear that?"
she asks.

-Posted with Wayfinder


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

"Yep," Morthak says as he draws his daggers.

"I'll see if I can stick to the shadows. If you can't be stealthy, then stay in the light."
Aside from me it looks like only Lars has a half-decent stealth.

Morthak slips off to one side, finding cover among the tombstones. He tries not to get too far from the light so he can still see.

stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


without moving the lights, it's challenging for Morthak to see much more. Doing so, however, will more than likely counter any stealth. Moving torch lights in the dark tends to stand out.

DM:
percpetion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Atsushia Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Morthak Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Lars Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Samantha Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Ourias Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Sam, make a perception check since you dark vision to see if you can act in the surprise round.

Morthak, you can act in the surprise round.

@Ourias - still in the game?

GM:
init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Surprise Round
Morthak
GM

Morthak is able to make out two villagers that are hunched low from toiling at a mausoleum.


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

Morthak will wait, hiding in the shadows, until he is certain that the villagers he sees are hostile (or undead).

perception (if necessary): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17; hp 10/10; Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Of course. The only one able to see the trouble and I bork it up.


Seeing the light, the two villagers drop the casket, chains clanking as a loud thud reverberates off the ground. They quickly move towards the party, the moonlight casting heavy shadows across them.

Perception DC 15:

The two appear to be dressed in more formal attire, possibly servants attire, standing out from earthen linens worn by most of the villagers.

Perception DC20:

As the graverobbers near, a ray of moonlight flashes across one of their faces. His cheeks are recessed and pulled tight, cheekbones highlighted pallid white. A wicked grin frames a jaw rimmed with sharpened teeth and an extended tongue flails about one side.

Make a will save DC [13].


Round 1
Samantha Init: 18
Morthak Init: 12
Lars Init: 11
Atsushia Init: 3

Bold is up.


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Morthak can't make out anything unusual about the two figures, as he is more interested in the casket they carry. Is that the same coffin we saw buried today?

They actually don't appear on the map either. Remember the dancing lights illuminate out to a total of 40' out from the lights. 20' at normal light and another 20' at dim light.


AC (16/12/14) HP (12/12) Fort (+4) Ref (+4) Will (+0) Init (+2)
Skills:
Dip (+7) Int (+6) Stealth (+5) Bluff (+4/+5) SM (+4) Surv (+4) Perc (+4) KG (+4) PW (+4)

Still quiet after his outburst at the tavern, Lars lifts his sword. He readies himself to attack any foe who comes close.

Perception to find foes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


I used the grey circles for now until you guys get a clearer idea of what they are. Also, I couldn't find a good image to use within a reasonable time frame.


Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17; hp 10/10; Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
...Well shoot
Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Samantha strides forward to intercept. "They're unnatural!" she declares, drawing her short sword. She hums a battle tune as she gets in position.

Moving forward, spending a standard to activate raging song. Wielding my +1 short sword.


Female Halfling Wizard 1(Abjurer)/ Ini +2-AC 13-HP 4/7- Fort+2 Ref +3 Will+4-Perc +3 Spd 30

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Unnatural? What do you mean?


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

Oh, Okay. Since they were gray I thought they were the winged statues you mentioned. I am assuming that I am still hidden by my stealth roll.

Morthak tenses and readies his daggers.

Readying an action to step forward 5' and full attack with surprise, as soon as they guy northeast of me comes around the side of the crypt. Unless he has already spotted me he should be flat-footed.

Readied attack TWF primary dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Readied attack TWF off-hand dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Yeah... never mind. :)


Sam starts to break the symphony of the night with her own song as Morthak moves to ambush one of the grave robbers. Unfortunately their unnerving nature causes hesitation, allowing it to nimbly dodge the attacks.

Morthak, go ahead and read the Per DC15 and DC20 and make a will save.

red bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
turquoise bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

Morthak's eyes widen when he sees the strange man.

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

What are the effects of failure? You didn't list any.


I'm just happy the forums didn't eat my post as the server has been timing out since I attempted to submit it.

So, the original adventure called for Fear and Horror rules to be in place. Since I have the Pathfinder Horror Adventures, I figured I'd use the rules outlined there. I have posted the rules in the campaign description for reference. This will save is a save against fear; failure brings you to the shaken state.


Going back to resolve the results of the attacks before the boards locked up:

The red creature lunges with it's jaws to bite at Sam, but she's able to shift her body away. The turquoise one manages to catch Morthak in his shaken state, savagely digging in with jagged teeth.

crit check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
crit damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

@Morthak - I need you to make an additional two saves:

1st Fort DC13:
Please mark your character with a *.

2nd Fort DC13:
Paralysis rounds: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Party is up!

Atsushia
Round 2
Samantha Init: 18
Morthak Init: 12
Lars Init: 11


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

fort #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
fort #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Morthak collapses to the ground, unmoving.


Female Halfling Wizard 1(Abjurer)/ Ini +2-AC 13-HP 4/7- Fort+2 Ref +3 Will+4-Perc +3 Spd 30

Sling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2

A well aimed stone hits the skull of Morthak's attacker. Atsushia seems on the verge of panicking

What are these things? Have they killed Morthak?


AC (16/12/14) HP (12/12) Fort (+4) Ref (+4) Will (+0) Init (+2)
Skills:
Dip (+7) Int (+6) Stealth (+5) Bluff (+4/+5) SM (+4) Surv (+4) Perc (+4) KG (+4) PW (+4)

Rushing towards the halfling's attacker Lars swung his blade. He didn't have time to properly study his target...

Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 = 12

...but it likely connected nonetheless. As he swung he yelled to Atsushia with a slightly unhinged laugh "They aren't real! None of this is real!"


* Halfling Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 | HP: 5/11 | AC: 17 T:15 F:12 CMD:14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, S.M. +6 | Speed 30ft |
resources:
Adaptable Luck remaining: 3/3

Morthak thinks to himself as he lies there...

What the hell just happened?

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

401 to 450 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Non-PFS] Pathfinder 1-Shot Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.