Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Nix's Serpent's Skull

Game Master Nix Tharel


101 to 150 of 523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Mwangi Elf Wizard(Enhancement)/1 - HP 10/11; AC13,T13,FF10; F+1,R+3,W+2/+4

Nngara looks at the man in the manacles: Why you in manacles? What they think you do?

She then looks to the others as they sit under cover and wait out the rain: We need go boat. Ocean claim boat if wait too long.

Also while waiting out the rain, she looks over at Sasha who seems to be one of the few friendly people on the boat: What is mantis on pack?


Albino Jungle Dwarf Alchemist 1) (Perc +4; Init +2; HP 11/11; AC15,T12,FF13; CMD 15; F+4,R+4,W+0 (+2 vs spells&poison)

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Jayem takes exception to Gelik's whinging. He stomps over to him and glares at him.

We no like you big mouth. We know many people big talk and no act. You help, you eat. No help, no eat.

At Harper's suggestion, he voices his agreement.

Take di irons off dis man. No man be chained when all men in dangah.

While waiting for the rain to pass, he uses his axe to sharpen his javelins and makes small conversation with Nngara.

Polyglot:
There are a lot of mouths to feed here. The food will go quickly, and I am not sure that they realize the dangers of the jungle. None here are children. I don't feel like feeding those who can't pull their own weight, especially ones who just complain.


Female Mwangi Elf Wizard(Enhancement)/1 - HP 10/11; AC13,T13,FF10; F+1,R+3,W+2/+4

Responding to Jayem:

Polygot:

I agree food will be important. Do you have abilities to help with the heat? We definitely need to find more food and if the others will not help, I agree they need not share.

It appears we are both fluent in Polygot, not so fluent in Common(taldan).


HP: 35/35, AC: 18:12:16, CMD: 20 Saves: 5:3:2 +2Enchant Skills: Dip: +7, Per +11, Sense +9, Stealth, +7,

Polygot is not a langauge appearantly, it's a rogue talent: "Guileful Polyglot"
So I think some editing is in order.

"I think we would need something better than a boat."


Female Mwangi Elf Wizard(Enhancement)/1 - HP 10/11; AC13,T13,FF10; F+1,R+3,W+2/+4

Here is the link to the Ancient Explorer from the Skulls and Shackles campaign. It lists Polygot and Cyclops as available languages. As Kalis, Jayem and I are all from the Mwangi, we all have it through high intelligence, trait and/or linguistics.


Nngara Erebrian wrote:
Also while waiting out the rain, she looks over at Sasha who seems to be one of the few friendly people on the boat: What is mantis on pack?

Sasha slowly looks away from you, and small flat voice says, "It's a reminder." She then walks away and starts doing another task.


Jask says, "I used to work for the Sargavan government, but I found that there was a corruption involving illicit deals with the Free Captains."

Perception DC 20:
You notice Aerys's (the Half-Elf with the tricorn hat) attention perks up.
"I told my supervisor about the corruption, by the lying pig must have been in on it! He had me framed for the dealings."


HP: 35/35, AC: 18:12:16, CMD: 20 Saves: 5:3:2 +2Enchant Skills: Dip: +7, Per +11, Sense +9, Stealth, +7,

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

"Wow, that sucks."
she thinks to herself
"That's both worse and better than what I went through in these past 10 years"


Female Mwangi Elf Wizard(Enhancement)/1 - HP 10/11; AC13,T13,FF10; F+1,R+3,W+2/+4

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 spending one use of Trade domain power here, 6/7 left


Methods to approach the Jenever

The cliff is rough stone, providing hand and foot holds. It is practically vertical, and 100 feet high. The base climb DC is 15. You can attempt to repel down the cliff face (risk a very long fall, and almost certainly fatal for 1st level,), climb horizontally along the cliff face, or swim through the churning surf. (DC 20 Swim). It will be 100 feet from the end of the beach to the Jenivere

Survival or Knowledge (Geography) DC 16:
As low tide was this morning, it should come again this evening. It looks like the water might recede enough to expose the rocks.


Linard Toivan wrote:
[dice=Sense Motive]1d20+5 spending one use of Trade domain power here, 6/7 left

I'll be making opposed sense motive in secret.

Linard:
He appears to be telling the truth.


To Jask: We all have common enemies on this island and should trust each other. Whatever you had to answer for on the mainland can wait until we actually get there. I will not be your judge. I agree we should set you free. Can anyone actually open this lock?


Init +3, Perception +5, AC 18/13/15, CMD 15, HP 8, Fort 0/Ref 5/ Will 1

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Aerys do you have something to add to the conversation?

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


Albino Jungle Dwarf Alchemist 1) (Perc +4; Init +2; HP 11/11; AC15,T12,FF13; CMD 15; F+4,R+4,W+0 (+2 vs spells&poison)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Each way to di boat is big dangah. Climbin' along di rocks safest, mebbe best way. Swim out in di rough water, most likely drown. Climbin' down di cliff is dangah, but wit' di big rope, mebbe ok. We fall, we dead. Wit' di big rope, takin' easy, we no problem. Need big man to haul di rope up to to bring anyt'ing back wit' we, though. Not climbin' di cliff wit' we big sack stuffed!

As I understand it, a rope with a wall to brace against (if someone has 100' of rope) is DC 5. Also, because there is a penalty for failure (ie falling), we can't take 20, but we can take 10. We lose the ability to take 10 if there are "distractions or threats(like combat)". So, as long as we don't get ambushed on the rope (what are the chances of that), we'll be fine.

Answering Nngara's question from a while ago, he says,we juju different than you juju. We mash di plants, juice di bugs, drain di watah, crush di shells, scrape di skin. We can make we big BIG man, heal we cut, make we feet on fire, and make we breath like stone. We no know juju for di heat, had to go before we learn that juju. We has we grampy-bone, make powder, fill we with ancestor-spirit. Very strong when we with spirit, but we not remembah we alive, can be dangah.


Linard Toivan wrote:
To Jask: We all have common enemies on this island and should trust each other. Whatever you had to answer for on the mainland can wait until we actually get there. I will not be your judge. I agree we should set you free. Can anyone actually open this lock?

Jask says, "As far as I know, the captain had the key."

Aerys responds to Harper, "Me? I have never met him before, I have no idea what he has done or not done"

Harper:
I'm doing secret rolls for Sense Motive. She seems to be telling the truth


Albino Jungle Dwarf Alchemist 1) (Perc +4; Init +2; HP 11/11; AC15,T12,FF13; CMD 15; F+4,R+4,W+0 (+2 vs spells&poison)
Linard Toivan wrote:
Can anyone actually open this lock?
Jask wrote:
"As far as I know, the captain had the key."
Harper Montajay II wrote:
If no one disagrees: Disable Device- 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Not sure if this was good enough.


Albino Jungle Dwarf Alchemist 1) (Perc +4; Init +2; HP 11/11; AC15,T12,FF13; CMD 15; F+4,R+4,W+0 (+2 vs spells&poison)

As the conversation turns to language, Jayem mentally reviews the last few comments.

Jayem wrote:
We teach di Harpah. Di jungah speek is easy speek, no like di speek of di north men.
Nngara Erebrian wrote:
For 20 year I hear nothing but tongue of north. Is tongue of devil summon people. I think is tongue of evil men. Tongue of jungle is beautiful. Is tongue of many people with great history.
Harper Montajay II wrote:
It would be an honor to learn your native tongue Jayem.
Linard Tovian wrote:
The tongue of the north was spoken centuries before the devil-summoners usurped it. This tongue traces its past to the god Aroden himself.
Nngara Erebrian wrote:
But for me is tongue I hear as Cheliax evil men call hell devils. For me is not beautiful tongue. Jungle tongue is beautiful.

Is no shame to hold knowing that is different. Nngarabe tortured by bad spirits in north speek. She hate it. We t'ink mebbe north man be caught by man-eatahs t'ink same about di jungle speek.


HP: 35/35, AC: 18:12:16, CMD: 20 Saves: 5:3:2 +2Enchant Skills: Dip: +7, Per +11, Sense +9, Stealth, +7,

Re-dotting


@Valeria: Do you want to try to free Jask?

@All: How do you want to approach the Jenivere?

Edit: What is being done with the meat, and are there any other things that I've overlooked?


Female Mwangi Elf Wizard(Enhancement)/1 - HP 10/11; AC13,T13,FF10; F+1,R+3,W+2/+4

We eat the meat. If we can find some salt and someone makes a really good survival roll, then we can try to keep some, but I am guessing fresh shellfish will not last long on a hot jungle beach.

I think we agreed that we will attempt to climb down from above using the ropes we have from our gear.


Salt is easy to obtain with time, you just have to let seawater evaporate.

Not that we should get too deep into the survival aspect: Fresh Fish in Survival.


Need to check on Harpers equipment for the lock. See OOC thread.


HP: 35/35, AC: 18:12:16, CMD: 20 Saves: 5:3:2 +2Enchant Skills: Dip: +7, Per +11, Sense +9, Stealth, +7,

She want's to, but won't until there is more evidence


Albino Jungle Dwarf Alchemist 1) (Perc +4; Init +2; HP 11/11; AC15,T12,FF13; CMD 15; F+4,R+4,W+0 (+2 vs spells&poison)

So we go down di cliff wit' di big rope. Make we way when di rain slow down. Climbin' in di wet just bad idea.

Jayem takes the time to eat some fresh "lobster" meat, and samples some leaves, roots, bark, and flowers from the jungle plants nearby. He knows his supplies are limited and will need to find suitable plants for his pastes -- and some frogs!


Down the cliff it is then.

Aerys, Ishirou, Sasha, Gelik, and Jask elect to stay at the basecamp, and watch things there, leaving the rest of you to go to the ship.

As the rain dies down, the expedition through the jungle begins. There is a slope up into the island's interior towards the south, which provides a good access. From there, it's slow going through the Jungle, as it's impossible to walk 10 feet in a straight line without running into a plant of some kind.

Now would be a good time to specify your jungle traveling routine.

After looping around and going north 2000 ft through the Jungle, you reach the cliff above the Jenivere.

Even a cursory glance is enough to confirm that the Jenivere will never sail again. Only the fortuitous presence of a sharp ridge of rock near the side of the sheer cliff wall has prevented the wreck from sinking entirely into the sea, for only the ship’s stern seems to have survived the wreck. This portion is wedged at an angle between the cliff and the rocks, and each wave shakes and tosses the wreck alarmingly. It won’t be long before the constant pounding of the waves dislodges the wreck and allows the hungry sea to claim the last of this once-fine ship.


Female Mwangi Elf Wizard(Enhancement)/1 - HP 10/11; AC13,T13,FF10; F+1,R+3,W+2/+4

We find a secure tree and tie the rope off to it.

All go down? If anything at ship, strong man climb up and pull rope.

I will take 10 to climb down if that is allowed, otherwise.

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 11


HP: 35/35, AC: 18:12:16, CMD: 20 Saves: 5:3:2 +2Enchant Skills: Dip: +7, Per +11, Sense +9, Stealth, +7,

"Let's get going, we may not have much time before the sea claims her."


Albino Jungle Dwarf Alchemist 1) (Perc +4; Init +2; HP 11/11; AC15,T12,FF13; CMD 15; F+4,R+4,W+0 (+2 vs spells&poison)

Jayem secures his axe, ties back his hair, and begins his descent.

Climb, Taking 10, ACP: 10 + 3 - 1 = 12 or 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 1 = 13


As long as you don't have a negative climb skill, you don't need to roll. As I interpret it, you only fall if you roll 0 or less.
There is no map provided for the Jenivere, but someone has put up photos of their papercraft scene.

You slowly descend the rope down the cliff face, wary of the fatal drop to the rocks below. After several tense moments, you are able to reach the Jenivere's upper decks.

Perception DC 15:
You notice that the lower decks are missing.

The hot wind blows salty spray across the deck. The ship is rocking slightly, thudding on the rocks each time the waves go out. It looks like it will be low tide in few hours. You still have some hours of daylight left

The remains ships lifeboat are tied to the ship by a thick rope. It appears the lifeboat as been smashed against the rocks by the constant waves. The ship is considered to be difficult terrain due to the list and rocking.

There are two doors here; One to the Captain's quarters and one to the stairs leading below decks.

Perception DC 10:
You hear something scratching and banging below decks.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Not sure what is meant by the jungle-traveling routine? Linard doesn't have a slashing weapon so he'll stay behind those who have one as they carve a path through the jungle. He will keep himself occupied by looking for threats from the sides and from above, keeping his crossbow ready. Oh, and Linard actually has a negative Climb while armored.
Taking 10 on Climb for a 7

Linard carefully approaches the rope and tests it before committing to the climb. He exercises extreme caution while climbing, ending up on the deck after the others are already down.
Perception1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Perception2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

He raises his voice, shouting over the noise of the waves and wind.
"The lower decks are completely missing, but there is something making noises below the main deck! Either a survivor, or something has climbed there from the sea. Be careful!"


HP: 35/35, AC: 18:12:16, CMD: 20 Saves: 5:3:2 +2Enchant Skills: Dip: +7, Per +11, Sense +9, Stealth, +7,

she climbs down

"So something else is on the ship,
Hope its not what we faced earlier?"


Female Mwangi Elf Wizard(Enhancement)/1 - HP 10/11; AC13,T13,FF10; F+1,R+3,W+2/+4

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Nngara carefully climbs down, but stays near the rope in case she needs to grab it if the ship begins to slip under.

Yes, something under deck. Take careful. Keep weapon out.


Albino Jungle Dwarf Alchemist 1) (Perc +4; Init +2; HP 11/11; AC15,T12,FF13; CMD 15; F+4,R+4,W+0 (+2 vs spells&poison)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

We don see no men here. Mebbe trapped big fish. We'll see first what down there. No relax when dangah near.

If no one objects, he will approach the door down and peek inside.


Init +3, Perception +5, AC 18/13/15, CMD 15, HP 8, Fort 0/Ref 5/ Will 1

Harper follows with his shortbow.


Going down the stairs, you find yourself back in the dining room. Everything that was on the table has long since slid to the floor, leaving a pile of bowls, flatware, candlesticks, and the remains of dinner. Harper can recover his salt shaker and other utensils.

There was a stairway going further down, but looking down you only see a wet rock now.

There is a closed door to the south, leading to what is presumably the galley.

Perception DC 10:
Whatever is making the scratching doesn't seem to be on the immediate side of the door, it must be a little bit further still.


Init +3, Perception +5, AC 18/13/15, CMD 15, HP 8, Fort 0/Ref 5/ Will 1

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

It sounds like the scratching is still a little ways away. I think this door is safe.

Harper continues to follow Jayem.


Albino Jungle Dwarf Alchemist 1) (Perc +4; Init +2; HP 11/11; AC15,T12,FF13; CMD 15; F+4,R+4,W+0 (+2 vs spells&poison)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Not but di big rock down here. We see what behind dis door.

Jayem will move to the other door.


Female Mwangi Elf Wizard(Enhancement)/1 - HP 10/11; AC13,T13,FF10; F+1,R+3,W+2/+4

Nngara slowly follows the others down, but stays well back from the door which likely has something consuming whoever failed to make it off the ship.


HP: 35/35, AC: 18:12:16, CMD: 20 Saves: 5:3:2 +2Enchant Skills: Dip: +7, Per +11, Sense +9, Stealth, +7,

Vita follows Harper and replies
"I hope your right, in that it's a good distance away."


Linard Toivan wrote:
Not sure what is meant by the jungle-traveling routine? Linard doesn't have a slashing weapon so he'll stay behind those who have one as they carve a path through the jungle. He will keep himself occupied by looking for threats from the sides and from above, keeping his crossbow ready.

That is the type of thing I was looking for. You're in the middle/back, armed with a ready crossbow, checking for threats.

Linard Toivan wrote:
Oh, and Linard actually has a negative Climb while armored.

You can always take the armor off. I would argue that risk of plumeting to your death constitutes "immediate danger".


Although probably not RAW, I always interpreted it as 'danger that is a cause of distraction from the task' not 'danger that is an effect of distraction from the task'. But that's OK.

Not trusting in the power of his muscles, Linard reconsiders and removes his armor, leaving it on the clifftop, before climbing down.


Female Mwangi Elf Wizard(Enhancement)/1 - HP 10/11; AC13,T13,FF10; F+1,R+3,W+2/+4

Someone can easily lower it down to you. Just remember, if you end up in the drink, swimming with armor is not always easy.


Opening the next door leads to the galley. This cramped room has two tables to work on, and a large box full of sand with the remnants of a former cooking fire in it. There area few cooking utensils scattered around the floor, it looks like majority of the cooking gear was stowed in a cupboard.

There is a door to what must be a small, cramped room to the west.
There is another door to the south, which presumably leads on through the ship.

Preception DC 20:
Traces of a foul smell come from the west.

Perception DC 10:
The scratching seems much closer to this door, but not on the door itself.


HP: 35/35, AC: 18:12:16, CMD: 20 Saves: 5:3:2 +2Enchant Skills: Dip: +7, Per +11, Sense +9, Stealth, +7,

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"Sounds like the scratching is not at this door, but another nearby."


Female Mwangi Elf Wizard(Enhancement)/1 - HP 10/11; AC13,T13,FF10; F+1,R+3,W+2/+4

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Nngara is having a tough time with the footing and not paying any attention to what is around her.


Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Init +3, Perception +5, AC 18/13/15, CMD 15, HP 8, Fort 0/Ref 5/ Will 1

Perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Albino Jungle Dwarf Alchemist 1) (Perc +4; Init +2; HP 11/11; AC15,T12,FF13; CMD 15; F+4,R+4,W+0 (+2 vs spells&poison)

HP 7/11
AC 17 T 12 FF 15 (+3 armor, +2 dex, +2 natural armor)
Conditions: Mutagen: +4 Str, -2 Int, +2 NA. Lasts 10 minutes.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Jayem moves carefully through the galley.

Di noise is near. Best see where it be. Be time for some juju.

He takes a small bone from his nose and dips it carefully into a gourd. It emerges dripping some mucousy grey slime. He re-inserts it into the piercing and inhales deeply.

Spirits be with me!

Almost immediately, his eyes seem to glaze over and take on a dull luster in place of thier normal green sparkle. When he speaks now, there is an echo of many voices at the faint edge of hearing.

We go!

He takes out his axe and moves to the door to the west. He will wait until everyone is ready, then open it.

101 to 150 of 523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nix's Serpent Skull Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.