Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Nightflier's Mournlands

Game Master nightflier


51 to 100 of 157 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

what are we bluffing?

bluff 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

"We have company, looks like some sort of construct, maybe a dozen!"

If they are already within range to be attacking, Serenity casts sanctuary.

If further out, she pulls out and loads her crossbow.


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

"Give us a bead, Havoc!" Jeren doesn't see the constructs, but notches an arrow.


Male Shifter Cleric 1 - Divine Strategist

Reth turns around quickly to ensure that there are no foes sneaking up from behind.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Once he is satisfied he will face forward and prepare to fire at any incoming foes.


male Halfling Unbreakable Fighter 1

Scar stands by, ready and waiting orders.


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

I was just looking up how orders are given in a squad or fireteam; we fall numbers-wise right between them. In a fireteam, there's "Ready", which are the scouts, "Team", which the leader, and "Assist". I'd say Scar is auxiliary "Team"; if Jeren is incapacitated, Scar takes over, or if the team is separated. (Lethe and Rhuuk are Ready, Serenity and Reth are "Assist"...I think.) Orders are generally 'do as I do'--no order given, just follow Team, but if you want to do something, just speak up.


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

Bluff:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

"Lhikor Vantis, I see the armored rats as well do you wish for me to break there line or hold until your first volley." Rhuuk suggests and waits for his commander's orders.


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Lethe gets her Axe ready. Preparing to charge in with the Hobgoblin.


"'Front, rear, sides!" Serenity hisses and indicates in which direction the most seem to be coming from.

Cheliax

You were Bluffing, because I wanted to see if the creature noticed that you've noticed them, so that you could possibly surprise them or gain bonus round. But since you've stated that you see them...

Everyone, Initiative please.


male Halfling Unbreakable Fighter 1

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


What's the visibility, concealment, and penalty to perception?

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male Shifter Cleric 1 - Divine Strategist

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

I take it Reth sees nothing behind him?


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Init

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

Init:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

"Ranged weapons first, then forward to punch a hole! Focus your fire! "

Cheliax

A gust of wind suddenly changes direction and somehow you find yourself in a calm oasis amidst the sandstorm. Now you can see that the strange rat-like creatures are led by an equally strange hunchback, who seems to be more metal than flesh. One of his legs and both of his arms are almost like warforged components, and one of his eyes shines with red light, exactly like those of the rat-monsters.

"Ah, there you are. We were waiting for you, yes we did, my friends here and myself myself." He cackles madly. "Yes, yes, yes... Herself herself told us where to find you, yes she did did. Now we eat your eyes. Yes we do do..." His word trail off in a mumbling that seems to be precursor to a release of arcane energies that are gathering around him while the rat-things approach.

There seems to be about twenty of them and they are coming from all sides, but their movements seem shaky and not well controlled, which allows you to strike first and maybe reduce their number.

You may attack by your Initiative order.


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

"On the caster, full fire!"

Jeren lifts his crossbow and fires.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Deadly Aim and Point Blank Shot cancelling each other out

Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Lethe will delay till everyone else who wishes to fire has done so then she will Rage and charge the nearest opponent

Attack
(+2 charge)

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Damage 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Cheliax

Jeren ir'Vantis wrote:

"On the caster, full fire!"

Jeren lifts his crossbow and fires.

[dice=Attack]1d20 + 5 Deadly Aim and Point Blank Shot cancelling each other out

[dice=Damage]1d10 + 2

Jeren's arrow hits the arcanist in one of his metallic limbs. The sparks fly from the tear in the metal while the hunchback screams in frustration.


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

Rhuuk holds his attack and obey's his war blades command, but as the last of the volley is let loose the hobgoblin grins. With a quick spur Riis starts to gallop towards the arcanist. As the hobgoblin levels his lance at the leader he cries out "ITAA!"

Lance charge:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage:2d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 3) + 8 = 16
Ride Check:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Using Ride by attack so will be as far as I can be past the creature.


Serenity casts bless on the party.


male Halfling Unbreakable Fighter 1

The halfling lets loose an arrow at the same target at caster.

attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
damage 1d6 ⇒ 1

Cheliax

Does anyone have any remaining actions?


Male Shifter Cleric 1 - Divine Strategist

Reth Round 1 Action

Reth shakes his head at the actions of the hobgoblin, Undisciplined creatures, he will need to be reprimanded.

He then raises his bow and lets loose against the catsre as directed.

Longbow Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Longbow Damage 1d8 ⇒ 3

Cheliax

Lethe wrote:

Lethe will delay till everyone else who wishes to fire has done so then she will Rage and charge the nearest opponent

Attack
(+2 charge)

1d20 + 9

Damage 1d12 + 6

Lethe almost breaks apart the unholy abomination of flesh and metal.

Cheliax

Rhuuk Kesh'dar wrote:

Rhuuk holds his attack and obey's his war blades command, but as the last of the volley is let loose the hobgoblin grins. With a quick spur Riis starts to gallop towards the arcanist. As the hobgoblin levels his lance at the leader he cries out "ITAA!"

Lance charge:1d20+7
Damage:2d8+8
Ride Check:1d20+10
Using Ride by attack so will be as far as I can be past the creature.

Rhuuk pins the arcanist to the ground with his lance, but the hunchback seems to be still alive.

Cheliax

Rat-things seem to be disoriented by the pain of their controller. They attack you with mechanical movements and not much forethought, it seems.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

They all share one attack and damage roll. Everyone are attacked twice, except Lethe, who killed one of the rats, so she is attacked only once.

Cheliax

I don't know if I mentioned before, but I will not be posting over the weekends. You are free to post, of course.


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

did we all just take 8 points of damage? o.0

"On the caster, Lethe! Host blast it!"

Same initiative order?


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

If Lethe can get to the caster (and assuming he is still alive) She will swing for him otherwise she goes for one of the creatures

Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Damage
1d12 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


male Halfling Unbreakable Fighter 1

Switching to his morningstar, the halfling scowls as he goes to work on the things attacking him.

Morningstar attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Cheliax

Jeren ir'Vantis wrote:

did we all just take 8 points of damage? o.0

"On the caster, Lethe! Host blast it!"

Same initiative order?

If your AC is 19 or lower, you took 4 points of damage. The initiative remains the same.


Serenity will channel energy, selecting any of the mobs that were hit to be excluded.

channel energy, excluding 4 wounded enemies 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

Rhuuk hears his commanders orders and charges at him again, just letting out a snarl.

Ride by attack on main guy:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage:2d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 = 14
Crict Confirm:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Extra Damage:4d8 + 16 ⇒ (7, 5, 7, 4) + 16 = 39
Ride Check:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Don't do much mounted combat let me know if I am off on anything.


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

Jeren pulls out his lucerne hammer and strikes at a rat-thing.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

swish! Must have gotten it tangled in my crossbow strap...


Male Shifter Cleric 1 - Divine Strategist

Reth Round 2

Reth swears into his mask as his shot goes awry and he is attacked by these pesky creatures to boot!

As his companions have swarmed the caster Reth takes amoment to clear the vermin from his person.

Draw Morningstar as move action and attack

Morningstar Attack - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Morningstar Damage - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Cheliax

Sorry for not posting. Had unplanned family celebration. Will return to posting tomorrow.

Cheliax

nightflier wrote:
Sorry for not posting. Had unplanned family celebration. Will return to posting tomorrow.

Next post come Monday.

Cheliax

Everyone roll d20, please.


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

1d20 ⇒ 6


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

1d20 ⇒ 3

Hope this isn't the Wandering Damage Table...


Male Shifter Cleric 1 - Divine Strategist

Roll 1d20 ⇒ 19


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

Sorry my last message didn't appear, 1d20 ⇒ 10


wow, mine is missing too

1d20 ⇒ 1

Cheliax

The rat creatures suddenly drop dead in front of you. You can see quite a few sparks flying from their mechanical parts, and the flesh parts of their bodies seem to sizzle from the heat of the rapidly cooling metal. In the meantime, the hunchback arcanist screams incoherently, clutching his wound.


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Lethe pauses looking downright baffled. "Was that us?" She asks


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

Jeren detects evil, his face grim. He walks over to the arcanist. "Tell us your name and purpose and we'll show mercy."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Cheliax

"Nonono... I tell you NOTHUNGH! You kills us, yes you do! WE knows it!"


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

As Rhuuk turns around his mount he points his lance up and looks towards Jeren and nods to him, waiting for his command.

51 to 100 of 157 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Mournlands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.