Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Nightflier's Mournlands

Game Master nightflier


1 to 50 of 157 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Cheliax

A hot wind blows out of the Mournlands, carrying a stench of rot and decay, burned flesh and boiled blood. Dust and grit finds a way inside your armor and merciless sun is making you sweat rivers beneath your helmets.

The man who is to give you your directions does not help. Pallid and obese, he constantly wipes the sweat from his brow with a piece of silk that has long since became almost black with accumulated sweat and dirt.

Still, you stand at attention, fighting against yourself not to wilt under the black looks of the grizzled halfling sergeant, wide enough to be a dwarf, who was your training officer back in the camp.

"Allright, maggots", he pauses to spit a piece of blackroot, chewed into a pulp that darkened his teeth, "beyond that rock over there are Mournlands. Your mission is to go there and proceed in a straight line to a place about 20 leagues from here. Even you should be able to do something like that. When there, you are to retrieve an object and bring it to the camp. Now, all of you have your identity discs, so we'll now when and if you arrive there. If that proves to be the case, the discs will activate to give you further orders. Any questions?" Not pausing to wait for your reply, he spits again and nods to himself. "Very well. Move out!"


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Lethe dosent bother to hide how uncomfortable she finds the situation although she does manage to give a Quick "Yes sir" Once the order to move out is given. She begins to head in that direction at a fairly set pace.


male Halfling Unbreakable Fighter 1

Scar was just glad to be out in the field, where he could ignore anything but the mission in front of him. Never one who liked to deal with anything other than the immediate present, he simply snapped a "Yes, Sir," and turned to the commander of the squad for further orders.


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

"Mazo Chib!" Rhuuk salutes the wide one, he moves to check the barding on Riis. Making sure all his supplies are strapped in.


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

"Yes, sir!" Jeren gives his sharpest military salute.


Male Shifter Cleric 1 - Divine Strategist

Reth glances at Lethe and Scar in disgust, his expression of course safely hidden behind his iron mask. His eyes narrow at the sight of the Mournlands a place of unspeakable evil, a place where Reth can purge such evils. Is it so wrong to ne a mercenary while performing his holy duties?

Reth grimaces knowing he has no other choice, absentmindedly he gives the dwarf a salute and heads forward falling into line with Jeren.


Hi guys, nightflier asked me to inform you that for some reason he is not able to log into Paizo at the moment, and he hopes he will be back soon.


"Understood, Sergeant!" Once out of ear shot, Serenity looks to the others, "he didn't say anything about not stopping for supplies on the way. I'm not exactly sure how we are going to maintain a straight line through the mournlands, anyone have any ideas?"


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

Well, here we are. Does the Xen'drik group get any clerics? :D I assume we stopped at the supply depot for food and drink.


Male Shifter Cleric 1 - Divine Strategist

Reth turns to Serenity, "I believe he means it figuratively Serenity. Something tells me that moving in a straight line through that accursed place is unlikely".


male Halfling Unbreakable Fighter 1

Scar could probably multiclass as bard or one it's archetypes if we need the healing magic. He wouldn't make that great of a cleric, I'm afraid.

"I suspect that moving through that accursed land in any direction is going to be a challenge. I don't imagine that maintaining a more or less straight direction would be harder than a zigzag."


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

Other way around, Scar--we have two clerics. Which is great for us if we get nasties thrown our way. Incidentally, a company this size is usually run by a Sergeant (and debriefed by a Staff Sgt), but we can hand wave that. I can go as Lieutenant. Anyone opposed to having Scar as second in command?

"I don't think there are any straight lines left in the Mournlands," says Jeren with a distant smile. "May the Host preserve the souls of Cyre," he adds reverently.


Male Shifter Cleric 1 - Divine Strategist

No opposition from Reth at having Sgt. Scra as a second in command. Yes I like having two clerics in the group as well.


male Halfling Unbreakable Fighter 1

I wasn't sure who all made it into this group, so wasn't sure what we had as far as rank structure.


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Lethe is just a grunt if memory serves.


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

"Back in Darguun I heard of many stories of many ghaal'dar blades getting lost in the mists of the Mournlands, we'll need to keep our wits about us at all times." Rhuuk growls to the group.

Rhuuk is the scout of the group.


Nightflier still can't log in, he sends his apologies.


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

Thanks for keeping us informed High Duke.


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

Say, this reminds me of Six Characters in Search of a Playwright, or whatever that play is called.


Male Shifter Cleric 1 - Divine Strategist

Do we have assigned party positions? Is there any gear that we are requisitioning as part of the mercenary company?

Cheliax

Guys, please take a look at the Discussion Thread. Just click on the tab above the topic name. Before we continue, I'd like to verify all the positions in the squad/party.


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

Hey Nightflier, I think the tabs are somehow discombobulated. Our discussion tab goes to a different Eberron discussion, or something, with folks from the Xen'drik team discussing their character builds.


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

Yeah I am a little confused at it as well.


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

I attack the darkness.


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

Can I have a mountain dew?


What kind of spell requires dew specific to a mountain? How tall does it have to be before it qualifies as a mountain? I know there are some mole hills south of camp, I can call one of those a mountain, will that work?


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

Ed. Gru-ber-man. You must meditate further on the serenity of Ti Kwan Leep.


"Guys, lets go hit the camp stores, see what they will let us get away with stocking up on before we head off into the Mournlands."

Cheliax

Guys, I am ready to return to the regular posting. Please post when you are ready.


male Halfling Unbreakable Fighter 1

Sgt. Scar is ready to go.


Serenity stands before the supply tent, ready to see what she can lay her hands on for the coming operation.

Cheliax

Anybody else out there?


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

I'm still around


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Good to go

Cheliax

Okay, I'll wait a little more for Reth to see that the game is on. A day or two should be enough.


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

Here.

Cheliax

Yeah, I counted you. :)


Male Shifter Cleric 1 - Divine Strategist

I have no power due to the Hurricane and very limited ability to check posts as I need my phone for work. I am here though and ready to play! Hopefully I will have power back in the next few days.

Cheliax

Slowly, you enter the Mournlands. The wind is hot and sharp with grit and dirt. Very soon you loose sight of the border. The wind continues to blow, but you manage to move forward in the designated direction. Quite soon it gets dark. The sun is still in the sky, but the dust storm makes movement difficult and lowers visibility to only few yards.

Please post the order in which you form the line, and then roll Perception. You can discuss your movement order in the DT.


male Halfling Unbreakable Fighter 1

"Lovely weather here, isn't it? Perfect place to set up a summer cottage." Scar comments sarcastically on this and similar veins as they plunge in to the wasteland.


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

Waits for Rhuuk and Lethe to post

"Fall in! Eyes and blades out!" Jeren's voice rings clear through the murk.


Male Shifter Cleric 1 - Divine Strategist

Reth keeps his bow handy with an arrow nocked keeping his eye out for trouble as best he can. He says little simply observing his surroundings with his eyes moving back and forth across the slits in his mask.


male Halfling Unbreakable Fighter 1

Scar has his longbow out as well as he watches the area around them.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Male Hobgoblin Cavalier(Emissary)-1

Rhuuk nods to Jeren and readies his lance, "Mazo Chib! Stay close the gray can throw you off. Be ready."

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Lethe near the front nods axe at the ready.

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Cheliax

Waiting for everyone to post...


Male Human (Karrnathi Paladin (Oathbound: Vengeance)/Level 1

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

also, Detect Evil.


Wrapping her shemagh over her head, Serenity scowls at the blowing wind. "Should we be stopping until this blows over?"

She has been casting detect magic on a regular basis and taking a look around with the reduced visibility, but really doesn't expect to see anything through the flying crud. "Should we rope up to keep from getting lost? If this gets any worse we'll loose all visibility."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Cheliax

Perception DC20:
Through the dust and sand you see a pack of strange beasts approaching you. They look like giant rats, but somehow bonded with pieces of metal. Their claws seem to be sharpened rusty nails, their teeth iron traps, their glass eyes shine with red light. For the most part, their fur has fallen out and their tails look like metal cables. There are perhaps ten or twelve of them, and they are trying to surround you.

Those who made the check, roll Bluff before you take any other action.


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Bluff

1d20 ⇒ 15

1 to 50 of 157 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Mournlands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.