Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


1,901 to 1,950 of 6,403 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Upon seeing Dorzar Soroks rage builds and he lets out a war cry, following behind Chops charging on the ground towards the rat blocking their progress.
Charge, Rage, and War cry to the rat. War cry grants all allies within twenty feet of me a +1 to attack and damage for one round.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:


Of course it is. Would you leave your implements unprotected when you know that the enemies are coming? :)

well there goes the whole "rituals are delicate, precise and easily interruptible" thing. I'm going to remind you of this later when we're going through the process of protecting our own. ;)


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Gilian concentrates on the ritualist dagger and casts grease on the object (reflex DC 15 or the object drops on the ground every round for the next 2 minutes)

She then moves right behind the gang of people hacking at the rat to support them.

Dark Archive

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
nightflier wrote:


Of course it is. Would you leave your implements unprotected when you know that the enemies are coming? :)
well there goes the whole "rituals are delicate, precise and easily interruptible" thing. I'm going to remind you of this later when we're going through the process of protecting our own. ;)

You do not have Odrud resources. :)

Dark Archive

Seemingly enraged by the savage attacks of dwarf and dworg, huge rat attacks the first person in front of him - Sorok. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 111d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 but only its jaws manage to penetrate dwarf's armor. 10 damage.

Dark Archive

Dorzar's save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Dagger just slips from Dorzar's fingers and for an instance his face shows bewilderment and confusion, like he can not believe what just happened. Dagger clanks on the stone floor and the wards around ritualist flare for an instance and then dissolve. "No!" he cries. "No, you whore! This can not be! I will kill you! I will kill you all!" Gil, you have just single handedly prevented Progenitor from slipping his bonds. 100 Xp and 1 FP. Bravo.

Dark Archive

Next round. Initiative order is
Dorzar
Anvinder
Solvi
Ragnar
Pete
Ilona
Chops
Sorok
Gil
White Rat

Dorzar swiftly moves aside, so that you can not see him through the doorway. A moment later, Ragnar's skeleton bursts in a cloud of ashes.


Chops will attack the rat if it is still up on his turn. If not he will attack Dorzar.

"Your little vermin won't save you this time, Dorkzar!"

Chops swings his urutuk mightily with both hands.
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Who says I can't roll!

Then follows it up with a kick to the fiends face.

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 doh!?!
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

If the rat isn't down at this point, Chops will launch into a diving somersault to avoid AoO and move behind it.
Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Realizing he can't take another hit like that Sorok Changes his tactics and begins fighting in a guarded stance.
Chops did you remember to add the +1 to attack and Damage. Fighting defensively for now. Any A.C. enhancements or healing would be awesome right about now.
Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage:1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Solvistania says to Gilian, "Good job, Gilian, that certainly gave him pause. Sorok needs healing though."

Ready action to cast Magic Missile at Dorzar if he shows himself, and starts casting a spell. Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Sorok Hamfael wrote:


Chops did you remember to add the +1 to attack and Damage.

No, I didn't so +1 for me. Xmas in June!


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar joins the fray, eyes blazing.

rage. Spear attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 damage 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

and misses...


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona whips her blade around in a high arc, but the rat's frantic spasming as Chops connects takesit well out of her angle of attack.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d12 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"It's only a matter of time Dorzar! Kiss your ass goodbye!"


male halfling rogue 1

Pete slashes away again.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Gilian touches Sorok's back and sends forwards a burst of healing.
uses healer path CLW for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Dark Archive

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:

Solvistania says to Gilian, "Good job, Gilian, that certainly gave him pause. Sorok needs healing though."

Ready action to cast Magic Missile at Dorzar if he shows himself, and starts casting a spell. Damage 1d4+1

Dorzar's nowhere to be seen. Your magic strikes at the giant rat.

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

Chops will attack the rat if it is still up on his turn. If not he will attack Dorzar.

"Your little vermin won't save you this time, Dorkzar!"

Chops swings his urutuk mightily with both hands.
Attack 1d20+4
Damage 1d8+4 Who says I can't roll!

Then follows it up with a kick to the fiends face.

Attack 1d20+3 doh!?!
Damage 1d6+3

If the rat isn't down at this point, Chops will launch into a diving somersault to avoid AoO and move behind it.
Acrobatics 1d20+8

Chops' first strike cleaves a part of rat's skull, but the other strike misses. The rat stands in the doorway. There is no room for you to somersault.

Dark Archive

Sorok Hamfael wrote:

Realizing he can't take another hit like that Sorok Changes his tactics and begins fighting in a guarded stance.

Chops did you remember to add the +1 to attack and Damage. Fighting defensively for now. Any A.C. enhancements or healing would be awesome right about now.
Attack:1d20+2
Damage:1d6+5

Sorok's blade bounces off the rat's skin.

Dark Archive

Pete the Runt wrote:

Pete slashes away again.

1d20+6; 1d4+4

1d20+6; 1d4+4

Pete's claws gouge one of the rat's eyes out, but his second attack misses.

Dark Archive

The rat seems to be close to its second death. Blindly it attacks the last person who attacked him. This rat is not controlled and guided by Dorzar's will, so it just reacts. Since Pete posted last in this round,the rat will attack him.1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 291d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 241d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Dark Archive

Roll to confirm critical1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 roll damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

One claw savagely pulls the arm from halfing's shoulder. The other grabs a leg and crushes the knee while pulling the halfling closer. Finaly, the jaws grab Pete's head and snuff the life of brave little halfling.

Oh, man I am sorry. 43 points of damage. There is no way to bring Pete back from the dead at this point of the game, but you are more than welcome to create another character that will join the party at the same time as Kirion.

Dark Archive

Next round. Initiative order is
Dorzar
Anvinder
Solvi
Ragnar
Ilona
Chops
Sorok
Gil
White Rat

While Pete silently dies, Dorzar chants and you hear sounds of cloth ripping and bone breaking. There is some scuffling and clanging - and then silence.


male halfling rogue 1

...gurgle...

No problem! I think I'll bow out at this point. Thanks for the game!


Solvistania feels the loss of another of her fellows as a sharp stab of pain in her chest, crazily she thinks, I must be getting used to this. She spares little time for grief, instead concentrating on Dorzar chants, Spellcraft, what spell did he cast? 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

She readies another spell for Dorzar...ready action as before, Magic Missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:

Solvistania feels the loss of another of her fellows as a sharp stab of pain in her chest, crazily she thinks, I must be getting used to this. She spares little time for grief, instead concentrating on Dorzar chants, Spellcraft, what spell did he cast? 1d20+12

She readies another spell for Dorzar...ready action as before, Magic Missile 1d4+1

Solvi:
It does not sound like a spell. It's more like an activation of some kind of magic item. You have heard of wondrous figurines that can become animals or summon spirits. Dorzar's chant sounds like something that would activate that kind of magic items. That would explain how he managed to summon those undead rats.

Solvistania's voice rings out,"Ware, he summons more foul abominations to aid his cause!"


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Chops still has that net. Think we could Fastball Special him over the rat so he could try to interrupt Dorzar and drag him into our view?


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

A wild primal scream of rage erupts from Ilona as if carrying Pete's rage as his spirit exits his ruined frame.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
1d12 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
assuming flanking is possible

Dark Archive

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
Chops still has that net. Think we could Fastball Special him over the rat so he could try to interrupt Dorzar and drag him into our view?

No room. The rat is too large.

Dark Archive

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:

A wild primal scream of rage erupts from Ilona as if carrying Pete's rage as his spirit exits his ruined frame.

1d20+7
1d12+7
assuming flanking is possible

With a savage stroke, Sarcossan warrior cleaves the rat's skull in half, sending it to second death. The rat slumps on the ground, blocking the door. Nothing can be heard from the other room.

Dark Archive

Solvi, Perception.


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Dark Archive

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Perception 1d20+8

Solvistania:
NEXUS! Some part of your brain screams. Some part that has never surfaced before now burns with sure knowledge that the nexus of arcane energies is located somewhere close - in the rooms in front of you.

male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar summons another skeleton and begins to follow it into the ritual chamber.

skeleton moves in first to suck up any traps or held actions and goes to attack Dorzar if possible

Dark Archive

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

Ragnar summons another skeleton and begins to follow it into the ritual chamber.

skeleton moves in first to suck up any traps or held actions and goes to attack Dorzar if possible

The rat is pretty heavy - the size of a large bear - it takes some time for you and the others to pull it away from the doorway.

You move into the chamber beyond the doorway after your skeleton. The room is larger than any of the previous ones in the warrens. To one side there is a stairway leading upwards, but it is blocked by recent collapse of the ceiling. It seems that Dorzar used something similar to the trap Sorok activated. The floor of the room looks like some ancient battlefield. There are remains of armor and weapons all over the place, as well as scores of headless skeletons of dwarves and huge rats. The chamber is circular and on the directly in front of you there are iron doors. Firmly shut. Dorzar's nowhere in sight, but dust on the floor in front of those doors is scuffed and there are footprints leading to them. At the center of the chamber a huge slab of white marble rests on the floor. The slab is covered with etchings, runes and diverse symbols of obviously dwarven origins. It seems that the slab was center of Dorzar's ritual.

All who enter, Perception, please.


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Nightflier

Spoiler:
Is there a way for me to tell if Dorzar has attuned himself to the Nexus?

Solvistania suddenly collapses and falls to the ground, her icewood bow dropping at her feet. As Gilian looks at her face, she notices her eyes have nearly rolled back in their sockets, and she is struggling to maintain consciousness. She closes her eyes tightly and struggles to her feet, and whispers to Gilian, "How could I...not known...Nexus...here...must stop Dorzar!" She then slips into a trance, her gaze unfocused on the rest of the group.

Dark Archive

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:

Perception 1d20+8

Nightflier ** spoiler omitted **

Solvistania:
Not until you try to use it. But no, he has not.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

"Pete, watch out!!1"

The words are lost as the albino rat dismembers the feral halfling. Still shocked by the ferocity of the onslaught, Gilian does not see the rat fall to her friends blows. When she come back to the reality, the doorway has been cleared of the corpse.

She enters the room with everyone else.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

To Solvistania:" Nexus, what are you saying ? What is a nexus? Get up. We still have work to do. Dorzar is still alive."

Heal check to get her out of her trance 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Knowledge Arcana1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Knowledge Shadow1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Still in a battle fury, Ilona enters eyes combing the room. She turns as Solvistania falls studying the fragile spellcaster as she listens to her words.


Gilian wrote:

To Solvistania:" Nexus, what are you saying ? What is a nexus? Get up. We still have work to do. Dorzar is still alive."

Heal check to get her out of her trance 1d20+11

Gilian sees Solvistania exit her trance, and she sees a feverish gleam in her blood red eyes. "Gilian, a Nexus is a source of power that channelers can tap into to create powerful spells! Fortunately, Dorzar has not attuned himself to it yet, but if he does...our lives are forfeit."

Dark Archive

My next post will be up when all of you roll Perception. I already rolled for Anvinder, since he is without internet.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3
Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Gilian wrote:

To Solvistania:" Nexus, what are you saying ? What is a nexus? Get up. We still have work to do. Dorzar is still alive."

Heal check to get her out of her trance 1d20+11

Gilian sees Solvistania exit her trance, and she sees a feverish gleam in her blood red eyes. "Gilian, a Nexus is a source of power that channelers can tap into to create powerful spells! Fortunately, Dorzar has not attuned himself to it yet, but if he does...our lives are forfeit."

"Then we need to get to it first. That bastard's life is already forfeit."

Ilona's words come with a heat that is almost frightening to witness, her tone guarantees a violent death with the surety of nightfall.


"Motherfu...Dorzar. You are going to die." blurts, then mumbles Chops as Pete's arm is ripped from his body. After the rat falls he helps with the removal. He also pulls Pete's bone necklace off and puts it in his pocket before he uses his axe to remove Pete's head. Then he covers the corpse with one of Pete's blankets. While he is doing this, Solvistania collapses and warns the group about the nexus.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Solvistania nods at Ilona's words. "I need a few moments to find the Nexus...I cannot sense my surroundings when in this trance so I need to be guarded."

Perception to sense the exact location of the Nexus. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Solvistania nods at Ilona's words. "I need a few moments to find the Nexus...I cannot sense my surroundings when in this trance so I need to be guarded."

Chops steps protectively next to Sovlistania, between her and the exit Dorzar left from. "I won't let anything hurt you."


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Sparing only a momentary glance at the fallen Halfling Sorok moves past the downed rat beast into the room intent on finding and killing Dorzar.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Black Blood Clan dialect.

Nightflier:
"Dorzar you scheming plotting coward! Always hiding behind those who are stronger than you, slipping through the cracks when it came to fighting, running away when things didn't go your way! You've nowhere left to run now, your god won't help those who are weak. You're time is up!"

Are there any two-handed weapons that seem in decent condition?

Dark Archive

Sorok Hamfael wrote:

Sparing only a momentary glance at the fallen Halfling Sorok moves past the downed rat beast into the room intent on finding and killing Dorzar.

Perception: 1d20+8
Black Blood Clan dialect.** spoiler omitted **
Are there any two-handed weapons that seem in decent condition?

All of the weapons are centuries old and none is in a good condition.

Dark Archive

While waiting for Ragnar to roll...

Gilian:
Something stirs in the shadows, barely seen. Your companions do not notice anything strange. Suddenly, a cloud of shadows boils out near the Anvinder and claws and fangs made of darkness strike at thin Dorn. His blood splashes on the stone floor and you realize that yet another of your companions dies. You can react - including attack.

Dark Archive

Suddenly, Anvinder screams. You turn around, but it's too late. He is already dead. His bloody carcass shows marks of claws and fangs. His attacker is nowhere to be seen... Again, Perception. Ragnar, you can roll perception twice - for last round and this one.


And another one bites the dust...

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

1,901 to 1,950 of 6,403 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.