Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


1,801 to 1,850 of 6,403 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona gazes at the gate trying to puzzle out possible approaches as Chops charges in, she can't help but smile.
Knowledge Arcana1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Knowledge shadow1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

As the bald Dorn speaks her eyes seem to flash as she turns her gaze to him, the intensity of it washing over him like a flashfire.

Intimidate1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"You. Stop it. Now"

Cheliax

Chops slams into iron slab and falls on the hard stone without even denting the metal.

Ilona:
As far as you can see, the metal is just iron. This slab was obviously made long before Black Tower has risen and therefore before Izrador gained so much raw power. Perhaps it can be destroyed with something that is bane to the Shadow?


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5
Anvinder wrote:
Anvinder laughs "Yes, lets ask the black blood. He is bound to know several prayers, probably really good at them too."

Turning to Anvinder. I do know prayers to Izrador, but I am not one of his faithful Dorn!! Moving to the door once chops has finished his attempt to break it. Chops stop, it'll take too long to break it open that way. Using our strength at once we'll have a better chance. Finding an edge he pulls out his shortsword and sticks it in then begins to pull the door open.Sorok begins to rage while using the shortsword as an improvised crow bar.

Stength Check:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21


Solvistania turns a red rimmed glare on both the Black Blood Dwarf and the bald Dorn, which if it had been a magical spell, would have incinerated both of them, and left them both a pile of ash. "ENOUGH"

She then lays a hand on Chops shoulder, murmering, "There is a better way, Chops. She continues to exanine the markings. Knowledge, untrained, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Cheliax

Sorok Hamfael wrote:
Anvinder wrote:
Anvinder laughs "Yes, lets ask the black blood. He is bound to know several prayers, probably really good at them too."

Turning to Anvinder. I do know prayers to Izrador, but I am not one of his faithful Dorn!! Moving to the door once chops has finished his attempt to break it. Chops stop, it'll take too long to break it open that way. Using our strength at once we'll have a better chance. Finding an edge he pulls out his shortsword and sticks it in then begins to pull the door open.Sorok begins to rage while using the shortsword as an improvised crow bar.

Stength Check: 1d20+5+2

Sword bends, but it does not break... yet.

Cheliax

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:

Solvistania turns a red rimmed glare on both the Black Blood Dwarf and the bald Dorn, which if it had been a magical spell, would have incinerated both of them, and left them both a pile of ash. "ENOUGH"

She then lays a hand on Chops shoulder, murmering, "There is a better way, Chops. She continues to exanine the markings. Knowledge, untrained, 1d20+5

Solvistania:
No matter how much your brain, you cannot think of a way to make that slab of metal to move, except to do something with the stone around it - but what can be done with the thick granite you can not even begin to guess.
Cheliax

I feel like I should explain myself before you get frustrated - the easier way to the forge was that corridor with the trap that Sorok activated. This task with the slab can be solved in more than one way. Whoever solves the problem gets 1 fp.


Sorok Hamfael wrote:
Anvinder wrote:
Anvinder laughs "Yes, lets ask the black blood. He is bound to know several prayers, probably really good at them too."

Turning to Anvinder. I do know prayers to Izrador, but I am not one of his faithful Dorn!! Moving to the door once chops has finished his attempt to break it. Chops stop, it'll take too long to break it open that way. Using our strength at once we'll have a better chance. Finding an edge he pulls out his shortsword and sticks it in then begins to pull the door open.Sorok begins to rage while using the shortsword as an improvised crow bar.

Stength Check: 1d20+5+2

Assist Strength check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

OMFG Really!?!


nightflier wrote:
I feel like I should explain myself before you get frustrated - the easier way to the forge was that corridor with the trap that Sorok activated. This task with the slab can be solved in more than one way. Whoever solves the problem gets 1 fp.

I thought we were in that corridor.

Smacks forehead.

Cheliax

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Sorok Hamfael wrote:
Anvinder wrote:
Anvinder laughs "Yes, lets ask the black blood. He is bound to know several prayers, probably really good at them too."

Turning to Anvinder. I do know prayers to Izrador, but I am not one of his faithful Dorn!! Moving to the door once chops has finished his attempt to break it. Chops stop, it'll take too long to break it open that way. Using our strength at once we'll have a better chance. Finding an edge he pulls out his shortsword and sticks it in then begins to pull the door open.Sorok begins to rage while using the shortsword as an improvised crow bar.

Stength Check: 1d20+5+2

Assist Strength check 1d20+3

OMFG Really!?!

You know, you are such a persistently bad roller, that I feel like I should reward you for that... :)


nightflier wrote:

You know, you are such a persistently bad roller, that I feel like I should reward you for that... :)

When I was a cub scout, I won a prize for worst score at bowling once. I actually roll pretty good in person though. Weird. I think Paizo's roller hates dworgs. Maybe I should pull some luck feats out of the Complete Scoundrels and change my heroic path to Chanceborn.


...and while Chops is slipping in the dirt while trying to help Sorok

Knowledge (Shadow) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Cheliax

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

...and while Chops is slipping in the dirt while trying to help Sorok

Knowledge (Shadow) 1d20+6

Chops:
The etchings are old. Made long before Dark God came from the North.
Cheliax

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
"Comrades. These marks are from before Izrador came down."

Chops:
Not exactly. They were made before he built his Dark Tower and conquered human lands. Not before his fall from heavens.

male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar watches the struggle against the door and each other contemplating adding his strength to the effort, but seeing the metal door and the runes, he pauses. The spectral lights move to the four corners of the door, fully illuminating it. His eyes narrow and wash over with a faint white glow.

cast Detect Magic

Knowledge: History 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Knowledge: Arcana 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Linguistics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


"These markings are old. Sometime around when Izrador fell, but before he conquered all.

nightflier wrote:
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
"Comrades. These marks are from before Izrador came down."
** spoiler omitted **

Ok, I'll delete that one and think of something else to say.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

After the attempt fails. Sorok lets his frustration end with a loud sigh. This is taking too long. He then turns to Gilian. "Do you think we can ask the stone Guardian for assistance, either here or back where the cave collapsed?"


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

Muni looks at the door from Ilona's shoulder.

"Damnit. Where in th' pits is Hugi when you need 'er."

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Eidetic Memory allows Muni to recall anything he's seen before, even if he doesn't understand it. Do the marks on the door look like anything he's ever seen? If so, where?

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

Ragnar watches the struggle against the door and each other contemplating adding his strength to the effort, but seeing the metal door and the runes, he pauses.

cast Detect Magic

Knowledge: History 1d20+4

Knowledge: Arcana 1d20+6

Linguistics 1d20+3

Ragnar:
Metal radiates with weak magic. It is very ancient - certainly older than the Black Tower, but that stands to reason if the Father of Black Dwarves made it. The magic that was used was not given by Izrador. The Dark God was to weak then to stretch his will so far from his icy prison. The metal was forged with strong influence of necromantic energies and forces. Your ghosts are reluctant to approach it. Perhaps some portal-opening spell would make that iron slab move. Or perhaps something can be done with the stone around it. It seems to you that the stonecould be easily softened by someone skilled in rock magic.
Cheliax

Sorok Hamfael wrote:
After the attempt fails. Sorok lets his frustration end with a loud sigh. This is taking too long. He then turns to Gilian. "Do you think we can ask the stone Guardian for assistance, either here or back where the cave collapsed?"

And 1 fp goes to Sorok.

Cheliax

Muni, Keeper of Memories wrote:

Muni looks at the door from Ilona's shoulder.

"Damnit. Where in th' pits is Hugi when you need 'er."

Perception 1d20+13

Eidetic Memory allows Muni to recall anything he's seen before, even if he doesn't understand it. Do the marks on the door look like anything he's ever seen? If so, where?

It's just a prayer to Izrador and Black Dwarf version of modern art.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar's eyebrows raise. "It can't be that simple..." he says. "Eyvindr? Would you mind?"

Ragnar casts Open/Close

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

Ragnar's eyebrows raise. "It can't be that simple..." he says. "Eyvindr? Would you mind?"

Ragnar casts Open/Close

Ragnar:
"It will not budge, little brother! Methinks your power is to weak. Is there not some more powerful chant for opening portals and passages?"

male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar looks at the air, replying to no one. "I believe the common name for the incantation you speak of is 'Knock'. It is not one that I have learned. Solvistania? Know you the spell?"


Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
Ragnar looks at the air, replying to no one. "I believe the common name for the incantation you speak of is 'Knock'. It is not one that I have learned. Solvistania? Know you the spell?"

Solvistania murmers in reply, "Aye, I am familiar with the spell, but currently lies beyond my ken." 2nd level spell, she can only cast 1st level spells, until 3rd level. "Perhaps after more studying and meditation, I will gain the necessary insight to learn it."

Cheliax

Sorok suggested to ask elemental for help. He will not enter the warrens, but he will be willing to help you with iron slab.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar nods. "Short of battering down the walls that frame the slab, we have no way through under our own power. Sorok, I know little of earth spirits. What might asking the guardian above to help cost us?"


Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
Ragnar nods. "Short of battering down the walls that frame the slab, we have no way through under our own power. Sorok, I know little of earth spirits. What might asking the guardian above to help cost us?"

"He should do it so he can end his vigil. If he lets us through and we die, nothing changes for him but if we succeed he can go home."


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

"That's not quite the way it works, pretty boy. Spirits each got a whole different set o' rules, and don't none of them make any sense."


Solvistania nods at the Watcher, "Indeed, the spirits care little for our struggles, as they have moved on from such concerns. We have wasted enough time as it is, so we should find him and see what his price is for assisting us."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

"Indeed, Sorok, we can ask the elemental for help. Let me try."

Gilian steps to the iron door and takes out a little knife out of her bag. With a deft move, she pricks on of her palms, then the other. Small pearls of blood appear and she put both of her hands on the natural granit stone by the door.

The words are hesitant at first, as if she was making them. Then, she remembers her mothers summons and the rhythm that she used.

"By the blood I have now shed,
By the words we have shared
By the Pact we have made
Hear my plea, my call for aid.

Through the rock that you call home,
By my blood and by your name,
Heed my words flow to your bones,
Wake and come Grand-Father Stone"

On and on, Gilian repeats the words, each time a tone down until they turn into a low rumble where only the rhythm can be heard.

Cheliax

Gilian wrote:

"Indeed, Sorok, we can ask the elemental for help. Let me try."

Gilian steps to the iron door and takes out a little knife out of her bag. With a deft move, she pricks on of her palms, then the other. Small pearls of blood appear and she put both of her hands on the natural granit stone by the door.

The words are hesitant at first, as if she was making them. Then, she remembers her mothers summons and the rhythm that she used.

"By the blood I have now shed,
By the words we have shared
By the Pact we have made
Hear my plea, my call for aid.

Through the rock that you call home,
By my blood and by your name,
Heed my words flow to your bones,
Wake and come Grand-Father Stone"

On and on, Gilian repeats the words, each time a tone down until they turn into a low rumble where only the rhythm can be heard.

The stone around reverberate with... snoring. "Akhmh! Er... What? Who? Akhem... Hasty, indeed. I have just gone to sleep, Granddaughter! Why do you wake me?" - snoring becomes words. It is like the stone walls are speaking.

100 Xp and 1 fp. Awesome roleplaying, Gil.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
nightflier wrote:


The stone around reverberate with... snoring. "Akhmh! Er... What? Who? Akhem... Hasty, indeed. I have just gone to sleep, Granddaughter! Why do you wake me?" - snoring becomes words. It is like the stone walls are speaking.

"It is hasty, but our lives are much shorter than that of your smallest descendent, Grandfather. Can you fill the metal blocking this tunnel. It is lock by the dark-one magic and we cannot open it. However, it is set in stone devoid of his influence. Can you loosen the stone enough for us to push this door open?"

Cheliax

"Ah... that. Yes. I can... but why should I?"


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

"I did not doubt you could, Grandfather. We are looking to prevent the rebirth of the Progenitor that a cleric of the Dark one want to call back. They only aim for destruction and want to control all life on Aryth to better extinguish it. Our actions may only seem a pebble on a cliff but even a pebble can trigger a rock slide. And if none of us act, then the future is set. Nevertheless, whatever your reason, there is a price for everything. I know some of your children can be as restless as us humans and as curious as well. If one of them has the will, I will protect him and teach him our ways and will learn more of your ways so that we get closer together. If this price is right tell me. Otherwise, name your price."

If you agree, in game terms, this tiny earth elemental would be Gilian familiar as she can summon one at second level. The rules would exactly be the same as with other familiars. I was just envisaging to have a +3 in knowledge spirits to deal with earth spirits as the skill bonus

Cheliax

Gilian wrote:

"I did not doubt you could, Grandfather. We are looking to prevent the rebirth of the Progenitor that a cleric of the Dark one want to call back. They only aim for destruction and want to control all life on Aryth to better extinguish it. Our actions may only seem a pebble on a cliff but even a pebble can trigger a rock slide. And if none of us act, then the future is set. Nevertheless, whatever your reason, there is a price for everything. I know some of your children can be as restless as us humans and as curious as well. If one of them has the will, I will protect him and teach him our ways and will learn more of your ways so that we get closer together. If this price is right tell me. Otherwise, name your price."

If you agree, in game terms, this tiny earth elemental would be Gilian familiar as she can summon one at second level. The rules would exactly be the same as with other familiars. I was just envisaging to have a +3 in knowledge spirits to deal with earth spirits as the skill bonus

"Hmmm... that is surprising, I must say... Yes, there is one of my great-grandchildren that is hasty... He is still a pebble, but he thinks himself a rolling stone..." For several long moments only silence can be heard - and then the ugly iron slab slides out of stone and crashes to the floor. "You are perhaps hasty enough for my great-grandchild, little one. I will send him to you when you calm your mind enough to feel the soul of the stone and hear the whispers of the rock. And you will owe me another favor to be named at some later moment in time, when I get some sleep!"

Check out Discussion Thread.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
nightflier wrote:

"Hmmm... that is surprising, I must say... Yes, there is one of my great-grandchildren that is hasty... He is still a pebble, but he thinks himself a rolling stone..." For several long moments only silence can be heard - and then the ugly iron slab slides out of stone and crashes to the floor. "You are perhaps hasty enough for my great-grandchild, little one. I will send him to you when you calm your mind enough to feel the soul of the stone and hear the whispers of the rock. And you will owe me another favor to be named at some later moment in time, when I get some sleep!"

Check out Discussion Thread.

"The deal is done, Grandfather. With the same restrictions as the last one. May your sleep be sound and deep."


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5
Gilian wrote:


"The deal is done, Grandfather. With the same restrictions as the last one. May your sleep be sound and deep."

"That's quite a trick you've got there. Might have to learn something from that old stone. Pete and I will take the lead." He nods to the Halfling. "Let's go." Sorok moves to the front once more, not with haste but with determination.

Cheliax

Who goes first?


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:
Who goes first?

Pete does! Every time someone leads who isn't the rogue, something horrible happens.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

I agree whole heartedly. I've caused a cave collapse and fallen unconcious both times. Mainly due to failing important saves...I wonder if the next time will be because of a fortitude save to complete the set.

Cheliax

Very well, Pete it is.

Fleet footed hallfling jumps over the fallen iron slab and continues down the tunnel. Some hundred yards beyond the fallen iron plate, he senses something strange... Perception, please.


male halfling rogue 1

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Cheliax

Pete the Runt wrote:
perception: 1d20+11

A few steps more and Pete once again finds a loose plate - it must be another trap.


male halfling rogue 1

Pete growls in frustration. "Bastards try to kill us with sneaky traps. You want to kill us, fight!"

He tries to disarm this trap as well.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Cheliax

Pete the Runt wrote:

Pete growls in frustration. "Bastards try to kill us with sneaky traps. You want to kill us, fight!"

He tries to disarm this trap as well.

1d20+9

As Pete tries to disarm the trap, silent rankling is heard from somewhere in the floor. Suddenly the whole section of the floor beneath Pete falls down and halfling madly scrambles for the safe ground. Reflex, please


male halfling rogue 1

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Reflex

Cheliax

As floor tiles tumble into square hole filled with sharp protrusions and spikes, Pete jumps and lands on the other side of the trap.

Well done. That trap was deadly.

Cheliax

Behind Pete there is an huge iron door, but with massive lock.

Cheliax

The gap in the floor is wide enough to be difficult to jump over it.

1,801 to 1,850 of 6,403 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.