Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


1,551 to 1,600 of 6,403 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:


Intimidate: 1d20+9

Leave this to the professionals ;)

*edit. Oops, I forgot that I'd leveled up Ragnar and hadn't bothered to lower all the skills and stuff. That check should be at +8 instead of +9. So only a 24.

Yeah, I think Chops will be the one doing the assist. Or since I already declared it as his action, I think his role has just been overruled.


Solvistania Solvenista, is that another nickname? He he. moves over to where Ilona fingers her bow. She looks at the Sarcosan valkyre warrior, fingering her arrow string and follows suit, drawing Sky'tor's Icewood bow She would always think of the bow as his and nocking one of the arrows to the string, allowing the memories of training come to her, then she gives Ilona a feral smile, full of retribution and justice.


male halfling rogue 1

Pete stands around baffled by all the dwarf-talk.

Cheliax

Young dwarf looks terrified for a moment, but then he mutters something in a black tongue.

black tongue:
"My god will feast on your souls... And when Dorzar awakes the Progenitor..."
he suddenly stops and bites his tongue, obviously angry at himself.


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

"Guess we're not too late after all. Dorzar's still workin' on waking up that Progenitator. Kill 'im. You lot've wasted enough time already."


Solvistania nods at the Watcher, "Yes, end his suffering now."


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5
nightflier wrote:

Young dwarf looks terrified for a moment, but then he mutters something in a black tongue.

** spoiler omitted ** he suddenly stops and bites his tongue, obviously angry at himself.

Speaking in Traders tongue. "I've heard enough from this ones mouth. There's no point in trying to save him any longer. His body, mind and soul belong to his god. Stand aside! His expression becomes grim as he moves to stand above the Dwarf. In the Clan Dialect of the Blackbloods. "Farewell brother...May you rot in the eternal embrace of your God. With that he raises his blade and decapitates the Dwarf. Dorzar you will be next to go to your God.

Cheliax

The young dwarf dies with a smile on his lips. There is only one exit from the room and it leads further into warrens. Perception DC 25 to recreate the complete picture of what happened.


Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Can we use aid another actions for each of us putting together a piece of what probably happened?

Aid another/Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Success.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Air another Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

That should do it.


male halfling rogue 1

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Cheliax

Pete and Gilian:
There was a ritual, obviously, meant to call some kind of spirit into a body of that young dwarf that Ragnar talked to - talked to his spirit, that is. But something went wrong. Perhaps Dorzar or some other ritualist was not concentrated enough, or perhaps someone was scared of you. Anyway, the spirit came and inhabited the body, but it was not controlled by anyone. It broke from the summoning circle and slaughtered everyone on its path with bare hands. Then the spirit-thing went on the first floor of the warrens and broke through the ceiling. Judging by the number of corpses, Dorzar is now alone and his only hope must be to unchain ancient fell...


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5
nightflier wrote:
The young dwarf dies with a smile on his lips. There is only one exit from the room and it leads further into warrens. Perception DC 25 to recreate the complete picture of what happened.

With single minded determination Sorok takes the lead and begins moving toward the exit. Nothing will stand in my way from killing you. "Come on we've almost caught him."

Cheliax

Sorok Hamfael wrote:
nightflier wrote:
The young dwarf dies with a smile on his lips. There is only one exit from the room and it leads further into warrens. Perception DC 25 to recreate the complete picture of what happened.
With single minded determination Sorok takes the lead and begins moving toward the exit. Nothing will stand in my way from killing you. "Come on we've almost caught him."

Sorok enters the corridor leading away from the guard room.Reflex, please.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

As Sorok finishes the young dwarf, and stalks past him, Ragnar has gone white as a sheet, staring at the dwarf's corpse. His breath sucks in through his teeth in shock and obvious fear.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona walks over to those around the dwarf's corpse noticing Ragnar's sudden stillness. She can feel the clill in the air raising gooseflesh on her skin.

She places a hand in the midst of Ragnar's back at once comforting and steadying.

"What's wrong?" she asks quietly.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Ilona Ebonblade wrote:


"What's wrong?" she asks quietly.

"You did not see?" He looks around at the group, noting that none of them seem any worse for wear. "None of you... He... Sorok killed him, and then he..." He finally looks back at the body, as if seeing it for the first time. His brows furrow in confusion for a moment, then he calms as if he has figured something out. "It was his... spirit then. I... sometimes have difficulty telling the difference."

He looks around at the rest of the group as if something has dawned on him. "None of the rest of you can see them, can you?"


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona glances up at Ragnar.

"No, we can't. I'm afraid that's your gift.But it's one we can't do without."


male Dorn Channeler 1 (spiritual)
Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
Ilona Ebonblade wrote:


"What's wrong?" she asks quietly.

"You did not see?" He looks around at the group, noting that none of them seem any worse for wear. "None of you... He... Sorok killed him, and then he..." He finally looks back at the body, as if seeing it for the first time. His brows furrow in confusion for a moment, then he calms as if he has figured something out. "It was his... spirit then. I... sometimes have difficulty telling the difference."

He looks around at the rest of the group as if something has dawned on him. "None of the rest of you can see them, can you?"

"Rangnar don't worry. I see this one." He points to the space directly behind him. "Some see spirits and some don't."

Ragnar:
The elder dorn ghost steps towards Ragnar. "Even we ghosts sometimes have trouble telling living from dead, sometimes we don't realize this in ourselves ether. Understanding comes in time and practice."

He looks Ragnar over.

"They say those that bend magics have a much easier time dealing with such things...... Do you practice these arts?"


Solvistania looks over at Ragnar, a concerned look in her eyes, then as she notes Ilona and Anvinder helping him out she looks over to Sorok, and sees hin leaving the room, "Hold , Sorok, we should let Pete and Chops go first...., but she is too late as Sorok exits the room. That fool will let his thirst for vengeance destroy us all!

Cheliax

Waiting for Sorok's save.

Cheliax

As soon as the dwarf steps into the corridor, something snaps loudly and black mist rises from the floor, engulfing the walls and ceiling. Stone starts to melt and transform into mud, and large pieces of stone blocks start to fall in a avalanche of rumble on the Sorok's head. 8d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 2, 2, 2, 3, 1) = 21 Reflex save for half. Sorok is badly injured anyway and the corridor is blocked by the mud and fallen rubble.


"Holy crap!" Chops declares, taking a step back as the mud falls on the dwarf. He pears into the rubble strewn hallway, looking to see if there is a way through the mess. "What the hell can do that?"

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Cheliax

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

"Holy crap!" Chops declares, taking a step back as the mud falls on the dwarf. He pears into the rubble strewn hallway, looking to see if there is a way through the mess. "What the hell can do that?"

Perception 1d20+5

Chops can not see anything from the rubble and the mud, except Sorok's feet sticking above the mudline.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:

Chops can not see anything from the rubble and the mud, except Sorok's feet sticking above the mudline.

Ragnar grabs Sorok's feet and pulls.

Sorry, Sorok was pretty busy yesterday. I should have mentioned something. In the future, if he or I aren't responding quickly enough, the party has permission to make reactive rolls for us.


Solvistania looks across at the blocked rubble, murmering a quick incantation, and her eyes start glowing an eerie shade of pink, and tries to determine what spell or ritual was used there, and also if there are amy more lingering surprises left by the ritualist. Cast Detect Magic on the rubble filled corridor. Knowledge, Arcana 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13, Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Cheliax

Solvi:
Some magic was obviously at work here. It reminds you of a spell that transmutes rock to mud, but this was in a for of some kind of gas and it worked on cut stone, which that spell can not do. The Odrud are adepts of alchemy. Perhaps that was some kind of alchemical trap?


Solvistania returns to Ragnar and Chops, once they have recovered the unconscious Sorok from his escapade. "This was the work of both magic and alchemy. The Oldrud were masters of those arts, so I believe more of these traps exist. We must be cautious", shooting Sorok a red rimmed glare, "and not rush blindly into this!"

She looks up at the hole in the ceiling and says to Ragnar, "It looks like that is the only way out of here."

Cheliax

The path ahead is now blocked. It seems doubtful that you can clear the mud and rubble. Unless you find some other paths into the warrens, Dorzar has escaped you.


male Dorn Channeler 1 (spiritual)

Advinder leans down to Sorok. He begins the to chant and wave his hands above Sorok, there is a brief glow and then he starts over again.

I'm dropping some Cure minors. I'll keep this up until he is up again.

Ragnar:
The elder dorn ghost stand behind anvinder watching closely. "You almost lost it that time, your chanting needs to be tighter..... There, that one was much better. I guess this makes for good practice."

A look of pride is creeping on his face but he quickly suppresses it.

"Maybe we can teach you some real magic soon."


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar sighs at the collapse and looks up at the hole Solvistqnia points out. "We have no hope of catching them now, but that does not mean we go up and simply leave" With only a moment's resignation he shrugs out of his long coat and his bear-skin sark, draws the dwarven short blade, and starts digging.

"Chops, Pete, would you mind scouting for another route?"


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

Muni lifts of and flaps to chops. "I'll go with 'em. I aint much good at the whole digging thing."

He eyeballs Pete. "No funny stuff. This bird ain't a snack, got it?"


Is this roughly where we have been so far?

Map


Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

Ragnar sighs at the collapse and looks up at the hole Solvistqnia points out. "We have no hope of catching them now, but that does not mean we go up and simply leave" With only a moment's resignation he shrugs out of his long coat and his bear-skin sark, draws the dwarven short blade, and starts digging.

"Chops, Pete, would you mind scouting for another route?"

"Unless there is some secret door or something, i think we may have to go back to the surface and forrage around for another entrance if we are to get this Dorzar character."


Solvistania looks at Ragnar, and after his short response, moves to help him clear the rubble, "This part should be safe enough to clear out, I did not detect any lingering enchantments."

After a moment, she continues, "I was not saying we should leave, those Fell creatures have probably created passages all over this fortress. All we need to do is find the library, and then we should be able to undo the ritual."


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Solvistania Elghreah wrote:


"I was not saying we should leave, those Fell creatures have probably created passages all over this fortress. All we need to do is find the library, and then we should be able to undo the ritual."

"Those were my thoughts as well."

He looks over his shoulder at Chops. "Check inside first. If you find nothing, come back. Then we venture out as a group."

"In either case, I'm afraid Dorzar will be long away by the time we find a way deeper in."


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

"One of you kids wanna give me some light?" The raven says, flapping up toward the hole in the celling.

A pair of the spectral torches fall into a V pattern behind the bird.

"What d'we got up here..."


Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

"Those were my thoughts as well."

He looks over his shoulder at Chops. "Check inside first. If you find nothing, come back. Then we venture out as a group."

"In either case, I'm afraid Dorzar will be long away by the time we find a way deeper in."

"Ragnar, I believe Dorzar will not go far, because, although he apparently was able to create the Progenitor, he lost control of him. We know the Shadow does not tolerate failure, therefore he would seek the same thing we are, to regain control of the creature."

She stops and composes herself for a moment, thinking of Dorzar and the threats he made against her, and finishes in a whisper, "And he wants his revenge on me."


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

"Oh he's going to learn waht making threats can get yo," Ilona says, joining the digging effort. "Besides if the only information to stop this creature is in their library, then we're not done here. We just need to make sure that the people woh actullay know how to disarm a trap with something other than their faces, go first."


Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:


He looks over his shoulder at Chops. "Check inside first. If you find nothing, come back. Then we venture out as a group."

Are you saying to look for secret doors? My impression is of a linear progression from the room with the trap, to the cells, to the ritual room, then down a stairs to another room which its only exit has been blocked by a stone to mud trap. It seems to me that we have explored all of this portion, and the only available options are back on the surface. I am sure it is possible I or we have missed something though.


Chops chuckles as Ragnar the two women dig away at the rubble and mud. He sniffs at the air, making a big show of it. "My dwarven senses tell me that it would be futile to try and dig at this mud. This seems to be worse than the rubble at the shrine. There has to be another way."

nightflier wrote:
The path ahead is now blocked. It seems doubtful that you can clear the mud and rubble. Unless you find some other paths into the warrens, Dorzar has escaped you.

Chops then pats Pete on the back and says, "C'mon big guy. We need to scout about a bit." Then he heads out into the dark in another direction presumably with Pete.

Taking 20 on Perception to find trap and secret doors until someone calls him back. Perception = 25


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Solvistania Elghreah wrote:

Solvistania returns to Ragnar and Chops, once they have recovered the unconscious Sorok from his escapade. "This was the work of both magic and alchemy. The Oldrud were masters of those arts, so I believe more of these traps exist. We must be cautious", shooting Sorok a red rimmed glare, "and not rush blindly into this!"

She looks up at the hole in the ceiling and says to Ragnar, "It looks like that is the only way out of here."

Gilian moves to look at Sorok and checks how badly he is hurt. Once she knows how hurt he is, she will cast CLW for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 from her healer heroic path.

"What is it with all of you ?", she mutters to herself. "Are you planning to find every trap and see how well you can trigger them?"

she stands up and raises her voice with the tone of one used to order people around. "That's it. I've exhausted all my healing magic. I've heard that in desperate case one can summon strength to do more spells but I've never done it and don't know if I can do it. So please, don't rush stupidly towards anything that moves. And that goes specially for you, you and you." Her finger points in succession Chops, Pete and Sorok.

She then registers Solvistania words. "Alchemy? Hmm... I wonder if I could do something like that." She smells the air and looks to the ground around the explosion site, trying to remember the smells, noise and color of the explosion.

Craft (Alchemy) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 to understand how it was down and find means to detect the traps

When she is done, she turns to tyhe group discussing the next plans. "You know, I think Ragnar has only asked two questions to the dead dwaves upstairs. Maybe they know of another entrance of hidden path to the library."


male Dorn Channeler 1 (spiritual)
Gilian wrote:

"What is it with all of you ?", she mutters to herself. "Are you planning to find every trap and see how well you can trigger them?"

Avinder chuckles and mutters. "haha, we got the women breathing down our necks now."

Ragnar:

The elder dorn sighs "Despite however funny you think it is you should hold your tongue. Women are..... tricky to deal with. I once made a comment about your mother over cooking my dinner, I nearly starved the following month."


Gilian wrote:
So please, don't rush stupidly towards anything that moves. And that goes specially for you, you and you."[/b] Her finger points in succession Chops, Pete and Sorok.

Chops turns away from the area of the cave that he is searching to shrug his shoulders and holds his hands up all innocently, as if to say "Who me?" Then he returns to his search for traps or stones and such.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona stops digging.

"Guys I think we should go with the experts on this. There's definitely a better way than digging through."


male halfling rogue 1

Pete joins Chops in searching.

take 20 on perception, for 30 (31 vs. traps)


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Sorry about the very very late response. Didn't have a chance to get on last night.

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Well that was unfortunate. Did I not get a chance to notice the walls from my stone-cunning ability. It does give me an automatic chance to detect traps from 10 feet away that are made of stone just like a rogue.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Sorok Hamfael wrote:

Sorry about the very very late response. Didn't have a chance to get on last night.

Reflex: 1d20+1
Well that was quick.

Nah, you're just at -7.

Edit from last post : Gilian also needs a heal check DC15 to bring Sorok back to +1 HP before the CLW. Heal 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

So with the +6 HP from CLW, you're back at 7 HP

1,551 to 1,600 of 6,403 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.