Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


1,351 to 1,400 of 6,403 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

"Looks like they've settled it for us, let's move, Chops and Pete you good with point?" Ilona focuses on the task of setting up the move as Ragnar speaks to those rescued.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

The voices are mumbled and distant at first, but quickly become more clear. They seem to be speaking of him.

Wait, talking not chanting?

His eyes snap open. They dart around the room looking from figure to figure until meeting the blood red eyes of the pale figure standing over him.

Am I dead?


Solvistania nods at the dwarf, and then takes the proffered bow, handling it a little clumsily, as the bow is nearly as tall as she is. But, soon the old training comes to her mind, and she quickly adjusts for the length of the bow, and fastens the quiver to her back. "It has been a long time, Ragnar. I am no archer but I will not embarrass myself either. Let's go."


Sorok Hamfael wrote:

The voices are mumbled and distant at first, but quickly become more clear. They seem to be speaking of him.

Wait, talking not chanting?

His eyes snap open. They dart around the room looking from figure to figure until meeting the blood red eyes of the pale figure standing over him.

Am I dead?

Chops grins at the dwarf as he regains consciousness with his big, tooth smile. "Not yet brother. Welcome....uh." Chops looks down at Sorok's naked form ...(he is naked right, or did I read some stuff wrong?)... and he shrugs off his torn and bloodied padded jacket and holds it out to him. In the dim light, his new wounds stand out bright and red against his older grey keloids. "It's a little ripped, but should help protect you a little bit. We can't have you running around, showing off your dwarven jewels now can we."

Retcon: At some point, Chops thanks Ragnar for the razor.


Ilona Ebonblade wrote:
"Looks like they've settled it for us, let's move, Chops and Pete you good with point?" Ilona focuses on the task of setting up the move as Ragnar speaks to those rescued.

"Yeah, I'll take point. And this time I won't go charging any giant rats without youze right with me." Then he turns to Solvistania and smiles, "Don't worry, you'll do great!"


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar leans Sky'tor's quartestaff against the wall next to where the groggy dorn lay, and looks to the air next to him. "When your friend gets to his feet, tell him to follow if he can. We do not have the time to wait for him."

He pauses.

" Of course. Muni, stay with them. If this one recovers enough, lead them to us."


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

The black bird gulps down the dark dwarven eyeball he had snatched from it's former owner.

"You got it, Boss. I'll stay right here with the buffet and wait for sleeping beauty to come to."

With a snicker, the raven flaps into the altar chamber and does a short circle around the pile of bodies.

"Iniee, meenie..."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Shall we go Chops and Pete upfront, Rgnar and Ilona afterwards and Solvistania and Gilian late?


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Gilian wrote:
Shall we go Chops and Pete upfront, Rgnar and Ilona afterwards and Solvistania and Gilian late?

Ragnar's looking at -10 stealth check these days. He sounds like six people who don't really care that they're being noisy. He should probably bring up the rear and move in once the fight starts, unless we really want them to know we're coming.

He actually does sound like 6 people, so if we wanted to, we could make them think there's a whole lot more of us than there actually are.


Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
Gilian wrote:
Shall we go Chops and Pete upfront, Rgnar and Ilona afterwards and Solvistania and Gilian late?

Ragnar's looking at -10 stealth check these days. He sounds like six people who don't really care that they're being noisy. He should probably bring up the rear and move in once the fight starts, unless we really want them to know we're coming.

He actually does sound like 6 people, so if we wanted to, we could make them think there's a whole lot more of us than there actually are.

That's a good idea. We are now a war party. Ragnor and Chops up front making a racket. Gillian and Solvistania in the middle using stealth.(and should never be leading nor trailing. Pete using stealth and Illona strutting loud and proud on our six. Sorok is coming too, right? Also, Ragnar and Illona are kicking up the Intimidate skill while we move trying to shake any enemy that rears up.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Sorok Hamfael wrote:

The voices are mumbled and distant at first, but quickly become more clear. They seem to be speaking of him.

Wait, talking not chanting?

His eyes snap open. They dart around the room looking from figure to figure until meeting the blood red eyes of the pale figure standing over him.

Am I dead?

Chops grins at the dwarf as he regains consciousness with his big, tooth smile. "Not yet brother. Welcome....uh." Chops looks down at Sorok's naked form ...(he is naked right, or did I read some stuff wrong?)... and he shrugs off his torn and bloodied padded jacket and holds it out to him. In the dim light, his new wounds stand out bright and red against his older grey keloids. "It's a little ripped, but should help protect you a little bit. We can't have you running around, showing off your dwarven jewels now can we."

Retcon: At some point, Chops thanks Ragnar for the razor.

Yes Sorok is naked, you had it right.

Looking around at the group surrounding him Sorok is impressed by the diversity of the group. So they saved me. Then glancing at their weapons. Wish I still had my hammer. Sorok groggily thinks to himself. "Thanks." He grunts in traders tongue. Then takes the torn padded coat and slips it on while moving to keep up with his rescuers.
Who are you?


Sorok Hamfael wrote:
Then takes the torn padded coat and slips it on while moving to keep up with his rescuers.

It's padded armor, so you get a 1AC bonus.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Alright, character sheet updated.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Sorok Hamfael wrote:

"Thanks." He grunts in traders tongue. Then takes the torn padded coat and slips it on while moving to keep up with his rescuers.

Who are you?

The massive Dorn comes out of the cell, falling into stride with his Dwarg companion. He turns to look at the former captive. The air around the hooded figure literally wails, unseen forces causing debris to vibrate and twitch, stirring up just enough breeze to chill the air and prickle the skin. He casts his gaze around at his companions, such an odd mix they were.

The beautiful woman with the enemy's blade and the fierce undefeatable grin, daring the world to stop her.

The frail elf-maid with the bloody eyes, and acid tongue who fairly crackled with unseen power.

The tiny, quiet, unkempt halfling with the savage fangs and claws, half animal, a predator born.

The thick and savage Dwarg, so burdened by birth that his rage should have consumed him long ago, yet he smiles and fairly bounces with energy and life.

The small woman who's proud countenance obviously inspired loyalty in the strange company the kept, her comparative normality making her stick out all the more when seen with the others.

And himself, a towering terror of a man, hooded and shadowed, like death made flesh.

Nearly all of them were drenched and splattered with blood, weary yet determined.

Ready.

He strides onward matching pace with Chops the Dwarg as the others fall behind like they had been doing this together for years instead of days. Something about it simply felt right. They were meant to stand together. He could see it. Feel it.

The door to the ritual room opens before them without a hand touching it.

"We are the Bearers of the Bones." he says, his voice like the the rumbling of a coming avalanche and the surrounding whispers of dozens of children,

"Tonight we collect a few more."


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

That intimidate check Chops mentioned for as we move towards the drumming- 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Chops, want to give me a DC 15 for an Aid Another?


male Dorn Channeler 1 (spiritual)

Advinder begins to stir, his eyes finally able to focus correctly. His head is throbbing and his body is sore from lack of movement. Dorns where never meant to stay still for so long.

He begins to sit up and take notice of his surroundings. He stares out into nothing, nods a few times and the exits the cell

"Well then I guess they could use my help."

Cheliax

There are 18 dead dwarven guards with chain mails and short swords and one dead ritualist, killed by Sky's arrow. Sorok and Anvinder can try to equip themselves form the corpses.

Cheliax

Ragnar, I've noticed that you leveled up your character. It is not the right time yet for doing so. The party haven't had a rest period. You will all level up only after resting.
To all players, concerning hit point rolls: please, use the Paizo roller. I have a home rule about hit points: you can train yourself to gain additional hit points up to your maximum number. Example; 2nd level fighter has a maximum of 20 hit points. If he has fewer, let's say 15, he can train to build additional 5 hit points. Training takes one month per hit point. I'll be adding this to my profile.
To all players: I need your current hit points, please.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Full HP (11) for Gilian


Chops has 14.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

13, 15 when raging


She has 6 hp, fortunately she is not wounded, he he.

Solvistania turns to Ragnar and speaks quietly, "Ragnar, we know the ritualist wants me for his foul ritual, and we also know he has set a trap for us. I believe we can use this against him, so I propose you use me as bait for the trap we can turn around and spring on them."


male Dorn Channeler 1 (spiritual)

8 hp. Anvinder is wimpy right now.


Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Chops has 14.

Oops. I forgot that the power of the bones have been raised after the battle, so I think Chops should actually be at 15 hps.

Cheliax

The drumming - already faint - suddenly stops. Somebody cries - it sounds like a young man, or young dwarf - as if in terrible pain and the cry echoes down the underground tunnels, halls and passages to reach your ears and fill you with foreboding.

Enough of you are at full hp, so there is equal chance for you to defeat the ritualist as in previous encounter.

Dread silence falls on the strange castle and the network of the underground passages underneath it. Somehow you gain a sort of sense of enormous warrens that you have found yourself in. Your skin crawls with nervous energy and you find yourself feeling strange.

Solvistania:
Perception, please. DC 15

Ragnar:
At the edge of your sight stands a young dwarf with a small drum. He is dressed in less decorated version of ritualist robe and has a small dagger at his belt. He looks confused and scared.


Nightflier:

Spoiler:
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Cheliax

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Nightflier:** spoiler omitted **

Solvistania:
Something's there, deep in the earth. You can sense it, almost but not quite. It's so very frustrating. You know there is... something, but for the life of you, you can not tell what. It's so very... confusing.

Nightflier

Spoiler:
Can I use a Fate Point to increase this Perception check? Something tells me this could be important...

Cheliax

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Nightflier ** spoiler omitted **

Solvistania:
You could declare it before the roll, but now you would need 5 points to reroll. Don't worry. You'll get another chance.

Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona's at 14


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Solvistania Elghreah wrote:

She has 6 hp, fortunately she is not wounded, he he.

Solvistania turns to Ragnar and speaks quietly, "Ragnar, we know the ritualist wants me for his foul ritual, and we also know he has set a trap for us. I believe we can use this against him, so I propose you use me as bait for the trap we can turn around and spring on them."

"I am not one to whom such subterfuge comes naturally. That was always my brother's knack."

He pauses, turning away from her slightly, listening, then nodding.

"That could work. Chops,we will need you and the Dwarf to dress in the dark dwarves robes."

He pauses again, looking to the air, then continues.

"Yes. We need to know their numbers, and what they are trying to accomplish here. I'd like to speak with that Dwarf ahead of us."

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

ok, so this is a little complicated, and I'm going off the current information I have. If any of this wouldn't work because of something I missed or don't know yet, let me know-

I'd like to talk to one of the dwarves... ;)

I'd like to get the attention of that dwarf I can see and use that earlier intimidate check on on him, but not to make him run away. The rules state that I can adjust his effective response to me for as long as he can see me. I want to use that to get him to come to me. (because he'd be scared of what I'd do if he didn't, or something)

I'm going to lead him to me with one of the spirit torches and use the other three to light me in such a way as to effectively blind him to anything except my outline. (I want to keep the lights in his eyes.) If I move twenty or thirty feet from the group, he shouldn't be able to see them at all, and he definitely won't be able to hear them over the racket I make.

Is this possible?

Have you seen the last post I wrote to you in a spoiler tag?


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:


Have you seen the last post I wrote to you in a spoiler tag?

the one about the scared drummer dwarf? yeah.

I wrote all that and then realized that Charm Person would work just as well. Ragnar doesn't know anyone can cast it, but I left the statement pretty open.

Solvi, you wanna hook us a drummer?


Chops can speak their language and has ranks in Bluff, if that helps your planning. Got to get back to cooking hot dogs.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Chops can speak their language and has ranks in Bluff, if that helps your planning. Got to get back to cooking hot dogs.

good to know. I think if Solvistania can Charm him, it'll be up to you and/or Sorok to talk to him.

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
nightflier wrote:


Have you seen the last post I wrote to you in a spoiler tag?

the one about the scared drummer dwarf? yeah.

I wrote all that and then realized that Charm Person would work just as well. Ragnar doesn't know anyone can cast it, but I left the statement pretty open.

Solvi, you wanna hook us a drummer?

That dwarf is a ghost of a apprentice who was just sacrificed. That scream was his. But Ragnar can not tell the difference between ghosts and living persons, right? That's why I presented him like that.


male halfling rogue 1

Pete has 9 hp


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Aww, only short swords. No Axes or Hammers. What kind of dwarves are these? Oh yes, 16 hit points for Sorok. 18 when in rage.

Bearers of bone huh? Hope you don't mind some broken ones. Upon closer inspection he realizes how battered the party already is. A few more anyway. Moving back to the room with the dead Dwarves, he begins to look for a suitable weapon and suit of armor that looks to be about the right fit. Though I'll need a decent weapon and armor if I'm to be much help to ye.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Once he finds some chain mail of appropriate size he will remove the padded armor and donn it instead. Then return the coat to Chops. Also are there any daggers.


Solvistania looks to where Ragnar is pointing, and after straining her eyes, she murmers, "Ragnar, I do not see this dwarf you are refer...", she stops suddenly, almost causing Ilona to run over her. Her eyes seem to flare, and grow unfocused, as if she was searching for something, but after a moment, she sighs, and returns her gaze to Ragnar, murmering, "I almost had it, but I can't...focus enough..."

Cheliax

Sorok Hamfael wrote:

Aww, only short swords. No Axes or Hammers. What kind of dwarves are these? Oh yes, 16 hit points for Sorok. 18 when in rage.

Bearers of bone huh? Hope you don't mind some broken ones. Moving back to the room with the dead Dwarves. Though I'll need a decent weapon if I'm to be much help to ye.

Dead dwarves have chain mails as well. Oh, and you were singled out for sacrifice as heretic, probably by the head ritualist. If you manage to kill him yourself you'll get FP. You can work that into your background if you wish.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Solvistania looks to where Ragnar is pointing, and after straining her eyes, she murmers, [smaller]"Ragnar, I do not see this dwarf you are refer...

Ragnar looks at her quizzically. "That one there, with the drum. I thought elf eyes were supposed to be sharp?" Ragnar looks to his left, pauses as if listening and then leans his head to the side in thought. "Really? Well then. Hm. Chops, how do you say 'come here' in Dwarven?"

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
nightflier wrote:


That dwarf is a ghost of a apprentice who was just sacrificed. That scream was his. But Ragnar can not tell the difference between ghosts and living persons, right? That's why I presented him like that.
Not easily he cant. I just need someone to tell me that they don't see any dwarf ahead.

Ragnar:
The dwarf seems absurdly young to you. You realize that he has probably seen at least twice the winters as yourself, but to you he now seems like a young boy. He looks at you with fear in his eyes and says: "Errr... Halo? You won't hurt me, right? That bird said you want."

male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar's eyes raise in mild surprise.

"Never mind." he says to Chops, and kneels down lowering his hood.

"Bird. Yes. I won't hurt you. I would like to ask you a few questions though. What is your name?"

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

Ragnar's eyes raise in mild surprise.

"Never mind." he says to Chops, and kneels down lowering his hood.

"Bird. Yes. I won't hurt you. I would like to ask you a few questions though. What is your name?"

Ragnar:
"I... I don't have one. It was taken from me..."

male Dorn Channeler 1 (spiritual)

Anvinder trots in the room. A calm smile creeps on his face as he views the dead dwarfs. He then scans the room. kicking over some bodies. Of course it's not here, why should it be that easy?

"Anyone hurt? I can help a little."


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona brings up the rear quietly, disadvantaged in the darkness yet alert. She watches the actons of those rescued, seeing their acceptance into the group.

She can feel the readiness, the need for vengance. In but a day this group of individuals had become something more to her, almost a family.

'Bone bearers.'She thinks to herself. I like it.Those bastards should've kept running till they saw daylight. No mercy no quarter and no screwups this time. Just death.

"When we see the priest, don't let him talk, don't let him do anything with his hands, give him no time to think, our hardest hitters go right at him and don't stop. If he tries a spell make him pay for it. He's the main threat, so we keep pounding him till he's dead. Everyone esle keeps the extras out of it."


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar glances back towards the other conversations going on, but remains fixated on the empty space before him. The air chills and the spirit-torches flare for a moment after a brief pause.

"Of course it was." he says through gritted teeth. The filth that did this to you are servants of the Namestealer. Now, I need to know how many of them there are, what they are planning, and where we can find them. Can you tell me those things?"

for those who speak Norther

Spoiler:
Names are extremely important in Dornish culture. Namestealer is one of the things they call Izrador

Cheliax

Ragnar:
"They...We were summoning something. Dorzar needed the body to put it in... He is really mad at you, you know. He spent centuries looking for Progenitor. Now when he found his prison you have disrupted his ritual."


Solvistania nods quietly at Ilona's words, a fierce burning in her eyes betraying the hatred and lus for revenge she feels, also tinged by an under current of...something else, confusion, perhaps or desperation, trying to recall something she had felt before...

She sees the Dorn Channeler and the Dwarf warrior, the ones her group, her new family risked and sacrificed blood and life for, and gazes at each of them for a moment, with a sense of judgement in her eyes. Apparently, they meet with her approval, as she nods at each one and whispers, "Welcome."

1,351 to 1,400 of 6,403 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.