Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


1,251 to 1,300 of 6,403 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Male Human (Dorn) Wildlander / 1

Eyvindr barely notices the slash of a blade that slipped through his hide armour. No pain. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Sky'tor fall, and the others struggling against their respective foes. One down, two to go... Must get back to Ragnar's side... should not have left him in the first place...

The man-bear slashes desperately at his assailants...

Attack: 19 + 6 = 25 (27 vs. Fell). Crit. confirmation: 8 + 6 = 14 (16 if vs. Fell). Damage if not a crit: 10 + 4 = 14 (16 if vs. Fell). Damage if crit: 13 + 8 + = 21 (25 if vs. Fell).

... and brings his sword down two-handed across the dwarf's collarbone and into his torso, then pulls his blade free and in one fluid motion swings it in a wide arc onto the only other remaining foe standing adjacent to him.

Cleave attack: 13 + 6 = 19 (21 if vs. Fell). Damage: crap... 1 + 4 = 5 (7 vs. Fell).

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
Crit confirm roll 1d20+11 bonus crit damage 1d4+7

With his broken blade, Ragnar disembowels one of the dwarfs remaining in front of him, and Pete finishes the other.

Cheliax

Ilona cleaves in half the black guard that was attacking her, and Eyvindr almost finishes both of his enemies. Ritualist in front of the altar finishes his spell. "I'll remember you!" he spits and turns to whispers of dark smoke that swiftly drifts away from you in the direction where other ritualists and their apprentices disappeared. "My pet comes...", you hear a faint whisper and fading laughter. Remaining two dwarves turn to run.


Male Human (Dorn) Wildlander / 1

Nightflier:

Spoiler:

Would Eyvindr's sense dead ability have revealed that any of his foes were undead? Do they seem to bleed like living beings?

Cheliax

Eyvindr the Proud wrote:

Nightflier:

** spoiler omitted **

Eyvindr:
All of them were living beings, although deformed by the taint of Izrador.

Male Human (Dorn) Wildlander / 1
nightflier wrote:
Remaining two dwarves turn to run.

Attack of opportunity? If yes: 2 + 6 = 8... crap...

Cheliax

Eyvindr the Proud wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Remaining two dwarves turn to run.
Attack of opportunity? If yes: 2 + 6 = 8... crap...

Surviving dwarf that attacked Eyvindr manages to escape under the Northman's blade.


Male Human (Dorn) Wildlander / 1
nightflier wrote:
Eyvindr the Proud wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Remaining two dwarves turn to run.
Attack of opportunity? If yes: 2 + 6 = 8... crap...
Surviving dwarf that attacked Eyvindr manages to escape under the Northman's blade.

Will he be out of the room by the time my turn comes again?

Cheliax

Eyvindr the Proud wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Eyvindr the Proud wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Remaining two dwarves turn to run.
Attack of opportunity? If yes: 2 + 6 = 8... crap...
Surviving dwarf that attacked Eyvindr manages to escape under the Northman's blade.
Will he be out of the room by the time my turn comes again?

There is a lot of rubble and fallen statues and pillars, so he will escape pretty quickly, but you'll have better things to do as soon as Ilona uses her AoO. :)


Solvistania heard the final words spoken by the ritualist before he vanishes ina puff of acrid smoke, thinking, I will remember your face well, Shadowspawn, and you will suffer a thousand painful deaths for this!.

She looks around, trying to determine where the creature he summoned will appear at...Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Gilian runs to Sky side to check his heartbeat. As she see his fixed eyes staring into the void, she briefly lowers her head and murmurs: "There is nothing I can do for you, may your spirit go freely. One more soul fallen, there will be a reckoning."

But as long as some people are still bleeding, her job is not done and she moves back to the living.
"Who's injured ? Let me heal you before something else comes."

At that moment, her voice cracks and she adds in a barely audible voice :
"While I do that, please someone must cut Sky's head. We will have to bury or burn him but I do not want him to turn fell and rise. Please, do it, for him. He would have hated becoming Fell.."


male halfling rogue 1

Pete shows his wound.

Halfling:

Spoiler:
"Please, if you could heal me, I would owe you a great favour."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Gilian casts cure light wounds on Pete for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Cheliax

Slowly, some rumble shifts and bearlike form appears from the darkness. It is a huge black rat - a fell, like those before - but even larger than the mother-rat. His black fur is caked with dried blood and his naked tail swishes slowly like a viper that aims to strike. Bear-rat opens its jaws as if to roar but no sound is heard.

Chops is closest to the rat. The rat will need one round to reach Chops, and two to reach the rest of the party. Chops can retreat.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

AoO1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Swinging at the escaping dwarf, Ilona is more concerned with the status of her friends. As Gillian begins to speak she locks eyes with the petite healer and nods quietly, drawing her Cedeku.

"The soul has left to a better place, let nothing invade it's former shell." she intones, bringing he razor sharp hooking blade across the corpe's neck to sever it's head.

As the vile undead creature appears she shifts into a guard position.

"Gillian after Pete get Ragnar, Ragnar don't you dare even think of charging inthere before she heals you, I mean it dammit! We take this thing together and no one else falls."

The look on her face is ferocious, bleeding and angry she glares at the beast, a beautiful predator ready to strike.

Cheliax

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:
AoO1d20+5 1d12+5

The last remaining dwarf escapes the blade of judgment as well...


Solvistania blinks her tears out of her eyes, seeing the newest threat, she looks around for any way to banish the creature where it came from.

Knowledge, Arcana 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


nightflier wrote:
Chops can retreat.

What's that? I didn't quite catch that. Something must have been lost in translation.

Chops see the giant vermin appear, looks down at the dwarf still unconscious and yells "Get him out of here!" and charges at the giant rat, trying to bide some time. There is no way he is going to let a fellow dwarf fall into the jaws of a great beast like that. He yells "Yaaaaaaaaaaaa!" as he charges down the hallway, leaping into the air with both feet at the rat.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage 1d6 + 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (6) + (7) + 3 = 16


Male Human (Dorn) Wildlander / 1

Before the giant rat charged into the room...

Back turned to his companions, Eyvindr takes a look at the gash in his armour and touches his fingers to it. "Brother, are you alright?" he calls over his shoulder.

He then kneels by the corpses of his fallen foes, as if to examine them more closely...

Nightflier:

Spoiler:

Hmmm... no blood, thinks the man-bear to himself as he touches his wound. Luck smiled upon me -- it was just a graze.

As Eyvindr's eyes fall upon the gory mess of the twisted dwarves at his feet, he imagines himself feasting upon their remains. He kneels down beside the corpses, reaching towards one of them with his hand... Hunger... Yes, feed on their thrice-cursed remains... He runs a finger through sticky dwarf blood, then brings it to his lips. Elation... The Dorn succumbs to an overwhelming urge and is about to bury his face into one of the misshapen dwarves' gaping wounds, when he is abruptly pulled out of his grisly reverie by the charging, monstrous rat beast...

The man-bear hovers over the corpses for a moment, but rises with a start as the monstrous rat-thing charges into the chamber... He hesitates for a moment, uncertain whether he should rush to Chops's aid, or step back toward his brother's side... And then, he decides that in circumstances such as these, the best defence is a strong offence. The elder Dorn runs towards the beast, sword held high in both hands... And as he nears the beast, he recognizes it for what it is -- "FEEEEEEEELL!!!...

Attack: Nat 20 + 6 + 2 (vs. Fell) = 28; Crit. confirm: 18 + 6 + 2 (vs. Fell) = 26!!! Whoo - the dice are hot this afternoon! Damage: 11 + 8 + 4 = 23... If I can't reach the rat this round, can I use these rolls for next?


Eyvindr the Proud wrote:
If I can't reach the rat this round, can I use these rolls for next?

I believe that you can double move when charging, which should bring you to the rat.


Male Human (Dorn) Wildlander / 1
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Eyvindr the Proud wrote:
If I can't reach the rat this round, can I use these rolls for next?
I believe that you can double move when charging, which should bring you to the rat.

Not sure that I can charge, given the rubble/difficult terrain???


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Eyvindr the Proud wrote:

"Brother, are you alright?" he calls over his shoulder.

He then kneels by the corpses of his fallen foes, as if to examine them more closely...

"I...broke your sword." Ragnar says slowly looking down at the shattered blade."I...will fix it. I swear. He puts what is left of it back in it's sheathe and retrieves his spear, moving toward the corpse of the fallen elf. He watches solmnly as Ilona begins her grisly work, and then glances up, staring into empty space. "You understand, of course." he pauses, and nods. "Thank you."

"Solvistania, will you join me please, I know the rites, but I do not actually speak the language, I want to make sure this is done proper-"

He halts as the giant rat busts into view, and is beginning to move before he even realizes it. Ilona's voice halts him in his tracks-

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:

[ooc]AoO1d20+5 1d12+5

Ragnar don't you dare even think of charging inthere before she heals you, I mean it dammit! We take this thing together and no one else falls."[/b]

Ragnar looks down at his gory formf for a moment. "None of this blood is mine."

Without another word he moves quickly to his brother's side, preparing to help him hold the thing's attention while the others move.

Spear attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Eyvindr the Proud wrote:


Not sure that I can charge, given the rubble/difficult terrain???

You might not have to. A jump check as part of the charge might clear the rough stuff. Also, leaping charges are just cool.


male halfling rogue 1

Pete follows Chops over the uneven terrain.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3
Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
Ilona Ebonblade wrote:

AoO1d20+5 1d12+5

Ragnar don't you dare even think of charging inthere before she heals you, I mean it dammit! We take this thing together and no one else falls."[/b]

Ragnar looks down at his gory formf for a moment. "None of this blood is mine."

Without another word he moves quickly to his brother's side, preparing to help him hold the thing's attention while the others move.

Spear attack 1d20+5 Damage 1d8+5

A grin crosses Ilona's face at Ragnar's words. As she completes the gory task she rises, sheathing her Ceduku. Looking down at the blood coveringher hands she traces afinger along the cut on her cheek, mingling it with her own.

"For you blade brother," she whispers as the flips her verdatch into a low guard and begins her advance.


Male Human (Dorn) Wildlander / 1
Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
Eyvindr the Proud wrote:


Not sure that I can charge, given the rubble/difficult terrain???
You might not have to. A jump check as part of the charge might clear the rough stuff. Also, leaping charges are just cool.

Just in case a leaping charge is allowed/required, here is my Acrobatics check: 11.

Cheliax

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:

Solvistania blinks her tears out of her eyes, seeing the newest threat, she looks around for any way to banish the creature where it came from.

Knowledge, Arcana 1d20+9
Spellcraft 1d20+11

Solvistania:
Solvistania realizes that the rat is not summoned. Now it seems obvious to her that the ritualist called it by blowing his whistle. If there is something summoned, it yet has to appear.
Cheliax

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Chops can retreat.

What's that? I didn't quite catch that. Something must have been lost in translation.

Chops see the giant vermin appear, looks down at the dwarf still unconscious and yells "Get him out of here!" and charges at the giant rat, trying to bide some time. There is no way he is going to let a fellow dwarf fall into the jaws of a great beast like that. He yells "Yaaaaaaaaaaaa!" as he charges down the hallway, leaping into the air with both feet at the rat.

Attack 1d20+6
Damage 1d6+1d12+3

Chops just bounces from the rat's thick skin. The creature swaps at the dworg with his claws, trying to bite his head off: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

...and nearly manages to do so. Dread claws and dire fangs tore at dworg's flesh and maul him savagely, nearly killing him. Chops is now at -6 hp. The rat ignores him as if guided by something and goes straight for Solvistania.

Cheliax

Eyvindr reaches the bear-rat almost in time to save Chops from it's claws, but still too late. With a mighty blow he slashes through the black fur and thick skin, cutting muscle and undead bone.

Cheliax

Pete is next, than Solvistania, Ragnar, Gilian and Ilona. Solvistania, Ragnar, Gilian and Ilona have to use this round for moving in order to enter melee range.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
nightflier wrote:
Pete is next, than Solvistania, Ragnar, Gilian and Ilona. Solvistania, Ragnar, Gilian and Ilona have to use this round for moving in order to enter melee range.

As Chops falls unconscious, Gilian moves towards him, avoiding to get in the monster reach. That may take me the full round.

If I still have an action, I will use it to apply first aid to Chops. Otherwise it will be for next round.
First aid 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

So Chops will be back to 1HP after that.


male halfling rogue 1

Pete growls and scrapes at the huge rat-beast's hide with his claws.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Cheliax

Gilian wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Pete is next, than Solvistania, Ragnar, Gilian and Ilona. Solvistania, Ragnar, Gilian and Ilona have to use this round for moving in order to enter melee range.

As Chops falls unconscious, Gilian moves towards him, avoiding to get in the monster reach. That may take me the full round.

If I still have an action, I will use it to apply first aid to Chops. Otherwise it will be for next round.
First aid 1d20+10

So Chops will be back to 1HP after that.

You will have to wait for the next round for your action. The rat will ignore you.

Cheliax

Pete the Runt wrote:

Pete growls and scrapes at the huge rat-beast's hide with his claws.

1d20+5; 1d4+4

1d20+5; 1d4+4

One set of claws bites deep in the undead flesh, but the other is turned away by thick hide.

Cheliax

These are bear-rat's actions for the next round. I presume that Solvi will cast a spell and the rest move to engage. Vile undead monster swaps at the halfling with one paw, obviously angry because it's path to Solvistania is impaired. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 and with the other it attacks the Northman 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


male halfling rogue 1

Oh goody; a possible critical hit against Pete...

Cheliax

Confirm critical 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Pete is at -7

Bear-rat almost with contempt grabs a hold of Northman's fallen sword with its jaws and with a snap breaks it in pieces before continuing its advance toward elorg. The rat's eyes glint with malevolence and intelligence.


Solvistania sees the giant Fell rat tear Chops nearly in two, then do a repeat performance against the feral halfling. Then she sees it lock eyes with her, and she sees her fathers eyes starting back, back at her.

Time slows for her, her memory flashes back to a dark well, being trapped, helpless...but wait...this time she is not helpless...she is not alone, like she was before.

She gazes back into the creatures eyes, a look of defiance and a promise of retribution in her eyes, as she sends another bolt crahing into its body.

Magic Missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

"No." Ragnar says as the creature blows past him towards Solvistania. He looks down at Chops, then back towards the door. "Gillian, grab hold" he says, then simply scoops her and Pete up in one massive arm. With the other he grabs Chops and then sprints, much faster then his size would seem to allow, back to the massive rusted door.

grabbing unattended objects during movement is usually a free action, unless they're too small to grab easily. I have 80 feet of movement if I double move, but I'm not sure the dimensions of the room. Pete and Chops fell right next to me, which is also where Gilian is, so picking them up should be easy. If possible I'd also like to grab Solvistania on the way by if she's not still back in the prison room. I did the math on weights for their races (using averages for Chops and Pete since I didn't see their weights on their sheets) and they're nowhere near encumbering me. I think I'm big enough that I can throw chops over my shoulder, hold pete in one arm, shuffle Gillian to the back since she can grab on and hold herself up, and still have an arm free to scoop up Solvistania with. I know this is a lot, but I think it works.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Seeing two of her companions fall Ilona reads the intent of Ragnar's actions. "Solvi, out of this room, NOW! Eyvindir grab the dwarf, I'll cover our retreat."

She drops her sword its weight driving its blade into the ground, catching up Sky's bow and an arrow and fires.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 1d10 ⇒ 9

"C'mon you ugly bastard! You want them?! You go through me first!"

A wicked smile creeps across her face as her eyes almost ligth up with her fury.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

how big is the rat thing? Would it fit through the door?


Solvistania hears the call for retreat, and exits the room, thinking This is not over yet, I promise you that! You will pay for this, Father!


Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
I did the math on weights for their races (using averages for Chops and Pete since I didn't see their weights on their sheets) and they're nowhere near encumbering me..

I forgot to fill those in. I had Chops at 240 lbs, which should be medium encumbrance for Ragnar while raging (I think). I double checked the averages and he is on the heavy side, but Chops has the Stout trait, which makes him a very stocky boy.

Stabalize 1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 6 = 4 or not.


as her next action, Solvistania will cast Cure minor wounds on Chops, which should stabilize him.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:


I forgot to fill those in. I had Chops at 240 lbs, which should be medium encumbrance for Ragnar while raging (I think). I double checked the averages and he is on the heavy side, but Chops has the Stout trait, which makes him a very stocky boy.

Yeah, it's enough to drop him to a x3 max move, but that isn't a big deal here.

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
how big is the rat thing? Would it fit through the door?

I'm using the stats for polar bear. It can't feet through the door, but it has reach and it can attack through them those who are attacking it.

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

"No." Ragnar says as the creature blows past him towards Solvistania. He looks down at Chops, then back towards the door. "Gillian, grab hold" he says, then simply scoops her and Pete up in one massive arm. With the other he grabs Chops and then sprints, much faster then his size would seem to allow, back to the massive rusted door.

grabbing unattended objects during movement is usually a free action, unless they're too small to grab easily. I have 80 feet of movement if I double move, but I'm not sure the dimensions of the room. Pete and Chops fell right next to me, which is also where Gilian is, so picking them up should be easy. If possible I'd also like to grab Solvistania on the way by if she's not still back in the prison room. I did the math on weights for their races (using averages for Chops and Pete since I didn't see their weights on their sheets) and they're nowhere near encumbering me. I think I'm big enough that I can throw chops over my shoulder, hold pete in one arm, shuffle Gillian to the back since she can grab on and hold herself up, and still have an arm free to scoop up Solvistania with. I know this is a lot, but I think it works.

Limp bodies are generally more difficult to carry than the same weight of inanimate objects. But you can easily carry Chops and Pete and Gil can run on her own.

Cheliax

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:

Seeing two of her companions fall Ilona reads the intent of Ragnar's actions. "Solvi, out of this room, NOW! Eyvindir grab the dwarf, I'll cover our retreat."

She drops her sword its weight driving its blade into the ground, catching up Sky's bow and an arrow and fires.

1d20+4 1d10

"C'mon you ugly bastard! You want them?! You go through me first!"

A wicked smile creeps across her face as her eyes almost ligth up with her fury.

Bowstring hums and the arrow unerringly strikes the huge rat. The monster is now visibly hurt by blade and claw and magic and now by arrow - but it doesn't slow down. With evil light in its eyes, it lurches on to its designated pray. Solvistania.

Cheliax

Next round. Things have changed a little, so I'm gonna divide you in two initiative groups. Gil and Solvi will act independently of Ilona and Ragnar. New initiative order is: Ilona, Ragnar, Rat. Solvi can cast her spell on Chops and Gilian has action left.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Dropping the bow Ilona grabs her sword up again shouting, "Ragnar to me! Lead it past!"

Ilona will hold her attack until the rat comes at or by her then strike 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16. Then should it still try to get pat her at Solvistania she will take the AoO
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

1,251 to 1,300 of 6,403 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.