Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


1,151 to 1,200 of 6,403 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Aww, yeah!


Solvistania Elghreah wrote:

Solvistania whispers to the assembled warriors, "I can try putting them into magical slumber, which should make their ranks thinner, allowing us to overcome their resistance."

Perception 1d20+7

"I think you should do that, then we charge in and take them out," Chops leans close and whispers to her.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

"I think you should do that, then we charge in and take them out," Chops leans close and whispers to her.

Ragnar's brows furrow in thought once more.

"Do we have any sense of their numbers, or what they are attempting to do? As vile as this place is, I feel apprehensive about charging in with intent for blood without knowing if those beyond the door are all our enemies, or if they are many to our few."


"Well, maybe someone should look and see what we are facing then?"

Cheliax

Perception DC 20 and above:
Beyond the door is a scene from the darkest stories of the Shadow's decadence and corruption. Amidst ruined chamber, filled with rubble and broken statues depicting vile demons and even more wile acts of carnage and carnal excess, stands an altar. Simple slab of stone lighted by four braziers on its corners, the altar at first seems black. But on the better look, you all see that the stone is normal gray in color. Its black appearance comes from dried blood. On the altar lays a naked dwarf, his skin painted with strange designs done in blood of previous victims, lying on the stone floor around the altar. Circle of eight dwarves stand around the stone slab, holding knives and chanting. Around them is a second circle of younger dwarves who are drumming and chanting alongside older ones, and standing around them is a larger circle of perhaps twenty hunched and dirty figures of dwarven stature, but deformed and vile in appearance. Clad in various armor and holding different weapons they sway with the chanting and drumming, adding guttural cries to the hideous cacophony.


Solvistania peers into the room for a moment, and when you see her eyes, they are burning with a terrible reddish hue. She speaks, barely masking her fury, I count 2 score of dwarves preparing to sacrifice one of their own! We must act now!"


"Then put them to sleep as the rest of us take them out. Shock and awe. Where is that damn elf? We could use some cover fire from his bow!" Chops looks at Ragnar, waiting for his approval. Then, Or can you cast a spell to wake up that dwarf. A dwarf will be ready to fight the moment his eyes open." He crouches, as if ready to pounce.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Chops looks at Ragnar, waiting for his approval.

Ragnar's eyes blaze at Solvistania's words, and he nods grimly to Chops. "I see no further reason for quiet." He says striding towards the door. He looks to Solvistania "Cast your spell when the door opens. Then they die."


Solvistania readies an action to cast Sleep, centered on the altar holding the sacrifice, once the door is opened.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona quickly mutters a phrase, a finger caressing her blade that is once again infused with a rosy warm glow that generates light.

"I'll give them an entrance they'll never forget." she says, her voice a husky twang with a hint of danger.


Male Human (Dorn) Wildlander / 1
Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Solvistania peers into the room for a moment, and when you see her eyes, they are burning with a terrible reddish hue. She speaks, barely masking her fury, I count 2 score of dwarves preparing to sacrifice one of their own! We must act now!"

Eyvindr looks up from the unconscious Dorn as Solvistania describes the scene beyond the door. "I wonder if the one that is to be sacrificed might not be the 'brother' that the tall elf who brought us together sent us to save... or perhaps even a willing sacrifice to the dark god? But if he be the former, or some other hapless soul, then we have no time to waste..." The man-bear tenses, ready to charge through the iron door.

Initiative, if not already rolled by Nightflier: 17 + 7 = 24.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3
Eyvindr the Proud wrote:
Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Solvistania peers into the room for a moment, and when you see her eyes, they are burning with a terrible reddish hue. She speaks, barely masking her fury, I count 2 score of dwarves preparing to sacrifice one of their own! We must act now!"

Eyvindr looks up from the unconscious Dorn as Solvistania describes the scene beyond the door. "Either the one that is to be sacrificed is the brother that the tall elf who brought us together sent us to save... or he may be a willing sacrifice to the dark god... But if he be the former, then we have no time to waste..." The man-bear tenses, ready to charge through the iron door.

Initiative, if not already rolled by Nightflier: 17 + 7 = 24.

Ilona goes on a 21


Eyvindr the Proud wrote:
Initiative, if not already rolled by Nightflier: 17 + 7 = 24.

Assuming Eyvindr opens the door, Solvistania's action will go off on 23. I assume this is the surprise round, so here is her init roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Cheliax

Ilona, remember that you will be fighting in total darkness. Also, Pete failed the roll. He will be fighting in darkness as well, if he decides to enter the fray. When you all roll initiative, you may act on that order. The dwarves always act last. I will DM Sky and he will always act first with his bow and arrows.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3
nightflier wrote:
Ilona, remember that you will be fighting in total darkness. Also, Pete failed the roll. He will be fighting in darkness as well, if he decides to enter the fray. When you all roll initiative, you may act on that order. The dwarves always act last. I will DM Sky and he will always act first with his bow and arrows.

Hence the casting light on her sword


When we burst the door open, Chops will charge one of the Dwarves holding a knife over the dwarf with a flying kick.

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Acrobatics to avoid AoO 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage 1d6 + 1d12 ⇒ (2) + (4) = 6

Jeez


male halfling rogue 1

Pete will cast Light on his amulet; does that help his vision?


Once Solvistania's spell goes off, she will spend the rest of the round trying to determine the source of the unusual darkness, if any.

Knowledge, Arcana 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

got a rules question for the boss, please see the OOC thread

Cheliax

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Eyvindr the Proud wrote:
Initiative, if not already rolled by Nightflier: 17 + 7 = 24.
Assuming Eyvindr opens the door, Solvistania's action will go off on 23. I assume this is the surprise round, so here is her init roll 1d20+2

There will be no surprise round. Opening the door will be very noisy, so the dwarves will be warned of your attack.

Cheliax

Pete the Runt wrote:
Pete will cast Light on his amulet; does that help his vision?

It will more be hindrance than help, but Pete can try to use his Scent to home in on some of the enemies, if he rolls Scent-based Perception high enough.

Cheliax

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Solvistania readies an action to cast Sleep, centered on the altar holding the sacrifice, once the door is opened.

If you do so, the spell will affect the sacrifice on the altar and no one else.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:
Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Eyvindr the Proud wrote:
Initiative, if not already rolled by Nightflier: 17 + 7 = 24.
Assuming Eyvindr opens the door, Solvistania's action will go off on 23. I assume this is the surprise round, so here is her init roll 1d20+2
There will be no surprise round. Opening the door will be very noisy, so the dwarves will be warned of your attack.

does that mean that none of them will be flat footed, or will we still catch them snoozing for a round?


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

As Solvistania's spell gose off and the others explode into action around her Ilona stands in the doorframe, sword blade casting an eerie glow across her, amplifying her presence. Trusting that she drws the eye of one of the enemy she speaks a loud clear voice that rings of retribution.

"There is no hiding in the darkness, no safe corner for you. Your time is over. Death is here!"

Slowly she strides into the room.

Stunning dc 15 or first enemy focusing on her is dazed for one round

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Eyvindr the Proud wrote:
Initiative, if not already rolled by Nightflier: 17 + 7 = 24.
Assuming Eyvindr opens the door, Solvistania's action will go off on 23. I assume this is the surprise round, so here is her init roll 1d20+2
There will be no surprise round. Opening the door will be very noisy, so the dwarves will be warned of your attack.
does that mean that none of them will be flat footed, or will we still catch them snoozing for a round?

It means that the fight runs normal. No surprises and no snoozing or flat footedness unless you find a way to open the rusted door without any noise. It's just that the dwarves are deformed and very slow, so they will always act last because of that.

Cheliax

Actions for now:
Sky shoots an arrow
Eyvindr will attack
Ilona uses ability
Solvi casts a spell on one of the inner circle dwarves (I'm generous today)
Chops fly-kicks
Ragnar, Pete and Gillian to roll the initiative.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:

Actions for now:

Sky shoots an arrow
Eyvindr will attack
Ilona uses ability
Solvi casts a spell on one of the inner circle dwarves (I'm generous today)
Chops fly-kicks
Ragnar, Pete and Gillian to roll the initiative.

Init 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

didn't we agree that you were going to handle initiative? Looks like Ragnar's going to move into the doorway and stab one of the door guards. I'd like to make it so nothing can get to Solvistania, Gilian and Sky without going through him.


Solvi would cast the spell to affect the bodyguard dwarves closest to the group, trying to catch as many as possible then, since it is a 10' radius burst effect.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Gilian will come in last with her atarak in her hands. If one of her companion seems overwhelmed with ennemies, she will move in to support him. Otherwise, she will get ready to heal anyone the is badly injured.

Cheliax

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
nightflier wrote:

Actions for now:

Sky shoots an arrow
Eyvindr will attack
Ilona uses ability
Solvi casts a spell on one of the inner circle dwarves (I'm generous today)
Chops fly-kicks
Ragnar, Pete and Gillian to roll the initiative.

Init 1d20 -1

didn't we agree that you were going to handle initiative? Looks like Ragnar's going to move into the doorway and stab one of the door guards. I'd like to make it so nothing can get to Solvistania, Gilian and Sky without going through him.

Yeah, we did. But Eyvindr rolled Initiative, so I thought to let the players roll just this time. Your plan is feasible.

Cheliax

The iron door opens and Sky enters the room shooting an arrow from his bow. One of the inner circle dwarves who are chanting screams and clutches an arrow sticking from his heart before slumping to the ground. Eyvindr enters the fray, but the deformed dwarves ignore Ilona. Solvistania casts hers spell and the four guards just start to snore heavily. Chops starts to run to execute his flying kick, but he stumbles and misses his target. Ragnar attacks with his spear.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:
Ragnar attacks with his spear.

Spear 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

AoO roll, in case one of them tries to close distance, or passes through my threat zone

Spear 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Cheliax

One of the ritualists screams something:

Old Dwarven:
No! The ritual is corrupted! At them, you fools!
and then he turns to the rest of the cowled members of the inner circle and shouts:
Old Dwarven:
Take the apprentices to the exit and start the summoning in case these unbelievers push through.
. There are now thirteen deformed dwarven guards facing you, not counting the two bleeding on the floor from the deadly wounds made by Ragnar's spear and four loudly snoring behind them. Three of them turn to face Chops, who stands between them and the head ritualist and the others move to engage the rest of the Bonebearers. Head ritualist takes something from a pouch on his belt - a bone whistle - and starts blowing it, but no sound is heard.

Cheliax

Three guards attack Chops with short swords:

1d20 ⇒ 151d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 ⇒ 171d6 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 101d6 ⇒ 4

But only one of them hits the fleet footed dworg. 4 hp damage

Cheliax

I'm waiting for Eyvindr and Pete to declare their actions.


Chops recovers from his stumble, ignore the slash across his cheek, and shouts, "We have to end this quick, they are summoning something beyond that door." Then he shouts at the dwarves,

Old Dwarven:
What are you mongrels doing? Why are you doing this?

Then he brings his urutuk down on one of the dwarve's shoulders and knees another in the face.

Attack urutuk 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
[Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Any chance for a map?

Cheliax

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

Chops recovers from his stumble, ignore the slash across his cheek, and shouts, "We have to end this quick, they are summoning something beyond that door." Then he shouts at the dwarves,

** spoiler omitted **

Then he brings his urutuk down on one of the dwarve's shoulders and knees another in the face.

Attack urutuk 1d20+3
Damage 1d8+3
Knee attack 1d20+2
[Damage 1d6+3

This will happen near the end of the next round

Chops kills one and seriously hurts the other dwarf in front of him.


male halfling rogue 1

I'm not sure how light would be a hindrance, but if so, I won't bother.

init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Pete sniffs at the air, trying to detect an enemy. If a foe comes near, he attacks.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
attack, if needed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Cheliax

Pete the Runt wrote:

I'm not sure how light would be a hindrance, but if so, I won't bother.

init: 1d20+4

Pete sniffs at the air, trying to detect an enemy. If a foe comes near, he attacks.

perception: 1d20+10
attack, if needed: 1d20+5; 1d3+4

The light would shine below your eyes and it would not be directed light but diffused so it would shine into your eyes.

Pete savagely attacks, but something strange happens. A sharp pain laces through his hands and his attacks misses the target. Fort save, please.


male halfling rogue 1

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Cheliax

Pete the Runt wrote:
Fort: 1d20+2

Fighting against the wave of dizziness, halfling watches in wonder as his nails grow even more claw-like than before. His fingertips now end in claws not unlike those of a cat. He flexes them experimentally and discovers that his manual dexterity is not impaired.

Your claws now deal 1d4 damage. Gift from your white bone item.


Solvistania in the midst of the adrenalin from the battle, prepares anothe sleep, but as she concentrates on the spell, she feels a calling from her Bone item, echoing Trust me, you have the power to strike your foes down.

Her eyes now glowing with a feiry estasy, she points at the head ritualist, and cackles with glee, and summons forth her item's calling.

Cast Magic Missile at the head ritualist, damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

So you're saying that even with light cast on my blade I'm blind?

Cheliax

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:
So you're saying that even with light cast on my blade I'm blind?

There is still that darkness effect, remember? Your Light is equivalent of candlelight right now. That is, it isn't anymore. The ritual failed when Sky killed one of the casters, but I'm waiting on Eyvindr to post more.

Ragnar, could you roll for Eyvindr if he does not post in the next couple of hours?
On the other hand, it's not fair to the rest of you to pause the game, since this time probably suits you best for posting. I think that I'm gonna continue. Ragnar, please play Eyvindr till he comes back.

Cheliax

Couple of moments after Sky's arrow killed one of the ritualists, the feeling of oppression started to lift from your hearts - and now even that strange darkness seems to be lifting as well. Normal rules for light apply. Solvistania's spell hits the dwarf who moments ago barked orders to the rest of odrud, but he remains standing. "B*+#+!", he screams in elvish. "I will eat your heart from your skull!" He turns for a moment and blows his whistle one more time. "I will have my rats eat your womb, you whore!"

Chops, sorry, didn't notice your question about the map. I am sorry, but no. I don't have the time to design them, really. But I will try to answer all questions about positioning as best as I can. Currently you are standing in front of the ritualist, but with your back turned to him. There's a guard in front of you. The rest of the guards move on the party. For the simplicity sake, I'm gonna rule that another round should begin now. You have already taken an action.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona gives the leader an affronted glare as she stands before the oncoming enemies.

"Obviously you don't know how to talk to a lady, she just put your friends to sleep,"

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Ilona swings at one of the oncoming enemy a wild sweeping motion that blows the hair back on the oncoming dwarves,at odds with the calm of her voice.

"I'm going to kill them. Chops, show him what happens to a dirty mouth"

Cheliax

Initiative:
Sky
Evyndr
Ilona
Solvi
Gill
Ragnar
Pete
Chops (already acted)

Sky aims another arrow, but it misses a dwarf he was aiming at. Three of them move on Ragnar and three on Eyvindr. Of the remaining four two go for Pete and the other two for Ilona.

1,151 to 1,200 of 6,403 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.