Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


6,051 to 6,100 of 6,403 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>
Cheliax

Duncan Bloodforged wrote:
Forgot this: Diplomacy 1d20+13

Shadar:
"I don't like what is happening here. You Summerlander are up to something, I can tell. Come, warriors. Vulgotha must hear of this!"
, says the Shadar leader. One by one, they retreat to the door and exit the inn.

Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Blood spilled...at this place...what is he getting at? Something happened when he was here before. Crunk's mind whirs, but for the moment he stays silent on the exchange, waiting to see more of the interaction between Erunthalion and the Innkeeper.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Perception1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 Sorok glances at the Elorg briefly before returning his focus to the retreating Shadar Elves.

Shadar:
"Ay, tha's right, an' don' ye be comin back."

Cheliax

Sorok Hamfael wrote:

Perception1d20+12 Sorok glances at the Elorg briefly before returning his focus to the retreating Shadar Elves.

** spoiler omitted **

The leader stops just before exiting. He turns and looks at Sorok, saying

Shadar:
"I will remember those words."

"Sorok, I am glad to see you in one peace, and we just came here, but as far as I have seen, antagonizing anybody in this place is not really the best way to go. Please, we have a lot at stake here, but in this place we don't even know the game or the players."

While turning towards the innkeeper, Duncan glances at Elorgs, and with a short nod to Gilian, says to the proprietor:

"Sir, we are very sorry to be a cause of commotion in your inn. As you can see we do not wish for violence to ensue, especially out of petty sense of pride. We would be much obliged if you could tell us more about what we can expect out of those warriors now and how to avoid spilling the blood. And why would spilling the blood here be such a bad thing? If we know more of it, and it didn't seem so trivial a reason, we would better avoid causing any more problems."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

"Lad, sometimes flusterin yer opponents makes them say things they hadn' been meanin' t' say. Ye have a name t' ask fer, Vulgotha. Ye also go' yer eldest who ye came fer now. Ye can leave here."


Solvistania notes the exchange in the strange tongue of this land, one of the few tongues she was unfamiliar with. Still, thanks to her bonded animal the words effects on the innkeeper did not escape her notice.

She helps Erunthalion to his feet and offers her shoulder for him to lean on. "Please brother, join us for some refreshment. I can see you are exhausted but there is much to discuss....when you are ready.

Cheliax

Duncan Bloodforged wrote:

"Sorok, I am glad to see you in one peace, and we just came here, but as far as I have seen, antagonizing anybody in this place is not really the best way to go. Please, we have a lot at stake here, but in this place we don't even know the game or the players."

While turning towards the innkeeper, Duncan glances at Elorgs, and with a short nod to Gilian, says to the proprietor:

"Sir, we are very sorry to be a cause of commotion in your inn. As you can see we do not wish for violence to ensue, especially out of petty sense of pride. We would be much obliged if you could tell us more about what we can expect out of those warriors now and how to avoid spilling the blood. And why would spilling the blood here be such a bad thing? If we know more of it, and it didn't seem so trivial a reason, we would better avoid causing any more problems."

Diplomacy 1d20+13

Innkeeper looks at you withe bleary eyes, and then he simply shrugs and produces a piece of cloth from somewhere. "You should ask our talkative friend over there", he says to you. "Who knows, you may even get him to leave me alone and never come back." He is silent for the moment. "I gotta take care of my other guests", he finally says and starts toward the stairs.

Cheliax

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:

Solvistania notes the exchange in the strange tongue of this land, one of the few tongues she was unfamiliar with. Still, thanks to her bonded animal the words effects on the innkeeper did not escape her notice.

She helps Erunthalion to his feet and offers her shoulder for him to lean on. "Please brother, join us for some refreshment. I can see you are exhausted but there is much to discuss....when you are ready.

Erunthalion just stands for a moment, and then slowly approaches your table, all the while looking at Morgral and goblin. "Who are those two?", he asks. "The others with you, they are Summerlanders - but those two are of Shadowlands..." He sits at the first available seat and looks at the gathered Bonebearers, starting with Ilona and the raven on her shoulder, and finally stopping his eyes on Gilian. "And who may you be, little one? You smell of... earth and green things. Are you sure you are not fay?"


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

"Shadowlands. Summerlands. What's the difference. We're everywhere. What up with you and the Innkeeper?"

Cheliax

Crunk wrote:
"Shadowlands. Summerlands. What's the difference. We're everywhere. What up with you and the Innkeeper?"

"I have met him when I first came here. This place is built on old foundations. It was not an inn always. Some say that before the Fall here was a temple - a temple to a grim god. Not Izrador. Someone older. He does not speak of it, but the Houses of the city know - and most of the players above and below the streets as well. This is a neutral ground."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Quote:
Erunthalion just stands for a moment, and then slowly approaches your table, all the while looking at Morgral and goblin. "Who are those two?", he asks. "The others with you, they are Summerlanders - but those two are of Shadowlands..." He sits at the first available seat and looks at the gathered Bonebearers, starting with Ilona and the raven on her shoulder, and finally stopping his eyes on Gilian. "And who may you be, little one? You smell of... earth and green things. Are you sure you are not fay?"

"Good question. I'm Gilian, an Erenlander and as far as I know, there's no fay blood in my line. My family has always been linked with elementals and I remember my nan used to talk to a sprite - an air elemental, I think. We were also know for our healing hands and I have inherited that as well."

She pauses, wondering why she just said all that to a stranger. "But enough speaking about me. We were sent here to get you back home. Have you finished your business here and do you feel you can start now?"

Cheliax

"Hardly finished", he replies. "But, who sent you? This place is hard to find without assistance."


Solvistania hesitates for a moment, unsure of how he will react here. "Aealia, my brother. She was the one who tasked us with finding you."

Cheliax

"Ah, she", he sighs. "Well..." He pauses for a moment. "You haven't introduced your friends. Now would be a good time to do so."


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

The goblin smiles a toothy grin, "Ah yes. Manners. So easily forgotten when we meet under Shadar steel. Crunk."


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Looking across the room at the newcomer, the Dwarf gruffly replies. "Sorok"


Solvistania gives her brother a concerned look. "Perhaps you did not hera Gilian earlier?" She sighs softly and then points out her companions. "This is Gilian and that would be Duncan, and this is... Her voice trails off as the others intorduce themselves.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

"And this is Pebble," adds Gilian with a hand on the dog shaped elemental. "The two over here are Ilona and Muni."

Cheliax

Now would be a great moment for Chops to re-enter the game. I'm gonna send him a private message to see if he is ready, and then we'll continue.


"Huff."

"Huff."

The dworg has been running for nearly half a day. Although he is breathing hard he shows little sign of fatigue. Not so the orc he is trailing. The large brute has froth dripping from his jowls, he half-drags his vardatch. The orc had an hours lead this morning. The dworg has closed in well.

"You gonna quit, orc?" taunts Chops. The orc trips and rolls, dropping his sword. He scrambles a few feet before he is back up and running, vardatch forgotten. Chops skids to a halt at the large sword, bends to pick it up. Takes a few practice swings, taking note of the quality. "Not as good as the Sun-Choppers, but will make a fine end to that ones day." He takes off in a sprint.

At this point, neither the orc nor the dworg have noticed that they have been causing quite a stir since they have entered the borders of the city. The orc, running from a beast that single-handedly took out his squat using hit and run tactics. The dworg, tunnel vision for his prey.

A boy's eyes widen as he tends to the inn which employs to weed around the grounds. He dives out of the way as the orc skids around the corner. The dworg, however, has just leaped atop the railing of an adjacent structure and takes to the air, vardatch high over head as he arcs it down into the orcs chest. The orc goes flying back, through a window and lies on his back as Chops jumps through the window, bringing a knee down onto the beasts neck.

"And this is the ultimate fate of those who feed on the children of the Shadar. You wanted to stuff your face, well I'll oblige you." With that, Chops smashes his knee into the orcs mouth, breaking teeth and jaw. The orc twitches as Chops stands and tosses the vardatch onto the orc in disgust. He wipes some dirty off of his jacket and looks around.

"Holy s#+#, what a coincidence?"

Cheliax

And that's 1 Fate Point for Chops for the excellent entry. Well played.

Cheliax

The older Elorg raises one white eyebrow and turns to look at his sister. "A dworg? Here? Another one of your friends, perhaps? He seems to know you?"


While Chops was uttering his last sentence Duncan was already moving. He almost didn't think, he was so overwhelmed. His arms were around the Dworg's wide, muscled shoulders and he has him in an iron grip lifting him off the ground. The Dworg looks so stunned that he doesn't even evade, as Duncan knows he was more than able to do.
A moment later, he composes himself and, releasing his grip, a bit embarrassed, stands aside, giving Chops a clear view of Solvi.


Erunthalion's question falls on deaf ears as Solvistania stares openly at the appearance of the dworg...HER Dworg. She says nothing for a few seconds then those near her hear a strange sound coming from her throat, a soft keening. It is only after a few seconds before you realize it is a muffled sob.

She rises to her feet as if in a trance and turns to face the dworg. Her eyes and face are frozen, as if afraid to shatter the illusion of what stands before her.

"Durathoin...is it you?"

Cheliax

Almost on the heals of muscle-heavy dworg, small squad of Shadar clad in black segmented armor rushes in the inn, with bare blades and bows at the ready. One of them obviously speaks the trader's tongue of the Summerlands, because he shouts: "What is happening here, by the Twilight and Thorn?"

Unfortunately for him, the doors burst open once more and even larger squad of orcs bursts through, led by an Erenlander with black smoking blade in his hand and horned skull of Izrador on a thick silver chain on his neck. "There he is!", he shouts, pointing at Chops. "Get the bastard!"

The orcs make short work of surprised Shadar. Only small and rather short female survives, of slender build, with long white hair tied in a tail. She has a number of scars on her body, one on her right cheek towards the nipped right ear is the most prominent. She swiftly backs away from the orcs, flashing her serrated blades in a warning to everyone around her.

In the meantime, the legate raises his amulet and starts chanting, but nothing happens. Surprised, he draws a scroll from a pouch and swiftly reads a prayer to his foul god from it. A cloud of thick acrid smoke blows from the surface of the scroll, taking the form of words written in the air. Chain of misty words somehow wounds itself around Ilona and Muni, and it seems that some of the other patrons in the inn are affected by it.

Initiative order is:
Duncan
Solvi
Gilian
Chops
Crunk
Illiameyl
Sorok
Sorry if I missed any other active player.

Cheliax

Chops, Duncan and Illiameyl are in front of the orcs, right in front of the inn door. The rest are behind them, at the tables. There are six orcs in the first line, than legate behind them and more orcs behind the legate. They can not pass him, since he is standing in the doorway, but he can move back to let them pass as move action. The inn is not larger, so if someone wants to move from the 2nd line to the 1st line, he or she must make Acrobatics DC15 with bonuses or penalties depending on various factors or risk tripping those in the front lines. Shadar bodies are lying all over the floor, so the movement is tricky. I may call Reflex checks.


Almost snarling at the sight of the legate, Dunkan jerks his shield on left and slides the sword out.
Traitorous swine! he yells a moment before stepping forward and smashing into the line of orcs feeling the hatred and power burning in his veins.

As move action, Duncan arms himself and takes a 5foot step to hit with standard action

Attack 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 = 21
Damage 1d10 + 2d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + (1, 4) + 6 + 2 = 18

Cleave 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 = 35
Damage 1d10 + 2d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + (3, 3) + 6 + 2 = 24

Great Cleave 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 2 = 36
Damage 1d10 + 2d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + (6, 5) + 6 + 2 = 20

Cheliax

Duncan's shield slams into orc, surprising him with ferocity, and moves one of his two weapons away. His bastard sword follows through...

Roll to confirm Crits.


1st Critical Confirmation1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 = 33
Damage 1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12

2nd Critical Confirmation1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 2 = 34
Damage 1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16


"Solvi?" Chops' expressions betrays shock and, something else. But the orcs crowd in with the slaughter and Chops is in the action. He grabs at the nearest Orc....

improved Grapple 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Cheliax

nightflier wrote:

Duncan's shield slams into orc, surprising him with ferocity, and moves one of his two weapons away. His bastard sword follows through...

Roll to confirm Crits.

...passing through the ribcage of the first orc in front of him to decapitate the second one and finally stops in the armpit of the third orc, the last one on Duncan's right side, penetrating through the weak point in the armor and piercing the orc's heart.

The first orcish warrior fights against the pain in his side and shock of seeing his two brothers in arms loosing their lives in one stroke of a sword.

1 FP for getting two orcs with one stroke.

Cheliax

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

"Solvi?" Chops' expressions betrays shock and, something else. But the orcs crowd in with the slaughter and Chops is in the action. He grabs at the nearest Orc....

improved Grapple 1d20+12

Chops grabs the opponent directly in front of him, pinning his arms with long swords to his sides. Both of you now have Grappled condition.


Chops strange appearance would have to be explained later, once the legate and his minions were taken care of. Solvi slides out of view while calling for her familiar to approach her. The coon cat glides next to her mistress and solvi wastes no time calling on a spell designed to cripple the legate's mental faculties.

Cast Touch of Idiocy on Felina (holding charge).
-2 SP, 25/27 total.


Felina on the unspoken command of her mistress leaps onto the table and darts towards the legate, weaving to avoid any blows from the orcs.

Move to the Legate, Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Touch attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Touch of Idiocy Will save DC 17 or take 1d6 ⇒ 3 INT, 1d6 ⇒ 5 WIS, and 1d6 ⇒ 2 CHA penalty.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

As blood erupts from the orcs savaged by Duncan's attack, Crunk takes advantage of the chaos to drop beneath the table moments after the coon cat leaps over it.
Stealth 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38 Hoping the tables can provide cover for Stealth. Might still need to take the -10 penalty.

One motion fluidly shifting into another, the goblin emerges on the far side of the table, trying to slip into position to help fend off the assault.
Doesn't sound like there is any room up front right now, so Crunk will see about ducking out of view and looking for an opportunity to hit someone from hiding or flanking.

Cheliax

Felina; Solvi's Familiar wrote:

Felina on the unspoken command of her mistress leaps onto the table and darts towards the legate, weaving to avoid any blows from the orcs.

Move to the Legate, Acrobatics 1d20+10
Touch attack 1d20+8
Touch of Idiocy Will save DC 17 or take 1d6 INT, 1d6 WIS, and 1d6 CHA penalty.

Felina just managed to roll critical fail. Roll 1d6. 1-2 is Duncan, 3-4 is Chops and 5-6 is Illiameyl.

Cheliax

Crunk wrote:

As blood erupts from the orcs savaged by Duncan's attack, Crunk takes advantage of the chaos to drop beneath the table moments after the coon cat leaps over it.

Stealth 1d20+20 Hoping the tables can provide cover for Stealth. Might still need to take the -10 penalty.

One motion fluidly shifting into another, the goblin emerges on the far side of the table, trying to slip into position to help fend off the assault.
Doesn't sound like there is any room up front right now, so Crunk will see about ducking out of view and looking for an opportunity to hit someone from hiding or flanking.

Duncan's attack with all those crits made the floor even bloodier and more slippery, but you can attack between him and Chops. Possible penalties depend on your actions.

Cheliax

Guys, I'd like to remind you of daily posting rule. Right now I need 3 players to post their actions and Solvi to roll before the end of your actions.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Gilian stands back from the fray, Pebble at her side. Sighting the legate blade, she remember one ritual long ago and casts grease on the blade.

For the next 5 minutes, the legate must make a DC 16 Reflex save every round to keep his blade in hand.


As he finishes his devastating swing, jerking the blade from the body of the Orc, Duncan says over his shoulder:"Beware of the astirax!"

Cheliax

Gilian wrote:

Gilian stands back from the fray, Pebble at her side. Sighting the legate blade, she remember one ritual long ago and casts grease on the blade.

For the next 5 minutes, the legate must make a DC 16 Reflex save every round to keep his blade in hand.

You are evil. :)

Cheliax

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

The legate suddenly fumbles and the sword drops from his hand. "Izdarod!", he swears. For a moment it seems that he will try to grab his fallen blade, but then he simply retreats back through the door, where more orcs are waiting to enter the inn.


nightflier wrote:
Felina; Solvi's Familiar wrote:

Felina on the unspoken command of her mistress leaps onto the table and darts towards the legate, weaving to avoid any blows from the orcs.

Move to the Legate, Acrobatics 1d20+10
Touch attack 1d20+8
Touch of Idiocy Will save DC 17 or take 1d6 INT, 1d6 WIS, and 1d6 CHA penalty.

Felina just managed to roll critical fail. Roll 1d6. 1-2 is Duncan, 3-4 is Chops and 5-6 is Illiameyl.

Oops...1d6 ⇒ 5

Sorry new player...he he.

Cheliax

Solvi's cat jumps on the table, darting towards the now swordless legate, but she suddenly slips on the pool of orcish blood spilled by Duncan's blade and slams into Shadar's back, unleashing the spell.

Illiameyl, roll Will save DC 17 or take 1d6 INT, 1d6 WIS, and 1d6 CHA penalty.


Seeing some of her friends lying in a pool of blood she focusses her attack on the culprits of the dead.

She swings both her blades rapidly to distract her target orc before her, shouting at them in Shadar, "Lizard &*%$, you going to die for this!"

Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Damage 1: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Confirm 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Damage 1 crit: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Attack 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage 2: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Confirm 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damage 2 crit: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Not used

If the first orc falls on the first sabre she then lashes out at the next orc with her second sabre.

Hmmmm... seems we have many evil characters here from all the ooc comments.
Seems she is not having a good day so far, her friends dying, and becoming an idiot.

Cheliax

Illiameyl Arabep wrote:

Seeing some of her friends lying in a pool of blood she focusses her attack on the culprits of the deed.

She swings both her blades rapidly to distract her target orc before her.

Attack 1: 1d20+14
Damage 1: 1d8+5

Roll to confirm crit, and roll Will save for the spell which affected you.

Cheliax

Sorok is left. Note that there are now two more dead bodies on the floor and lots more blood. Movement to the front of the battle line will demand Ref DC10 save or risk slipping and falling.


Oof...I made a mistake there. Touch of Idiocy does not grant a saving throw. The only way to avoid it is not to get touched. Sorry about that.

Cheliax

Illiameyl Arabep wrote:

Seeing some of her friends lying in a pool of blood she focusses her attack on the culprits of the deed.

She swings both her blades rapidly to distract her target orc before her, shouting at them in Shadar, "Lizard &*%$, you going to die for this!"

Attack 1: 1d20+14
Damage 1: 1d8+5
Confirm 1: 1d20+14
Damage 1 crit: 1d8+5

Attack 2: 1d20+11
Damage 2: 1d8+5
Confirm 2: 1d20+11
Damage 2 crit: 1d8+5

If the first orc falls on the first sabre she then lashes out at the next orc with her second sabre.

Hmmmm... seems we have many evil characters here from all the ooc comments.
Seems she is not having a good day so far, her friends dying, and becoming an idiot.

You attacked 2 times. You rolled a crit with your 1st attack and confirmed it. You scored a hit with your 2nd attack, but it was not a crit. Also, your damage bonus is off.

6,051 to 6,100 of 6,403 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.