Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


3,451 to 3,500 of 4,009 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

The game will be on pause during weekend, as usual, but the DT can and should keep going.

I have a few questions for you:

1) I feel that the game suffers because only one of you can speak Shadar tongue. This can be resolved by all of you spending a Fate Point to gain the knowledge of the Shadar language, or by doing a mini-quest that will give you said knowledge. What do you prefer?

2) I am close to finishing my version of Wildlander class and I'd like to playtest it in the game. This can be done in following ways: a) One of you creates a secondary character that will leave the party after some time - ideally when you leave Shadowlands - or b) I call for new player to play Wildlander for the limited time, with a possibility of making him or her a permanent member of the party. What do you say?

3) Zeitgeist seems to be steampunk/magetech setting, along the lines of Eberron. I may be interested in doing a game like that as soon as I finish with my Advanced Races game, which should be by the end of next month. Are there any interested players here? I will probably combine Ironborn of Questhaven, Iron Kingdoms, Eberron and Zeitgeist material.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Finished updating.


nightflier:

If this character is here, can I changed one of my languages to Shadar since that would make sense?


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
nightflier wrote:

The game will be on pause during weekend, as usual, but the DT can and should keep going.

I have a few questions for you:

1) I feel that the game suffers because only one of you can speak Shadar tongue. This can be resolved by all of you spending a Fate Point to gain the knowledge of the Shadar language, or by doing a mini-quest that will give you said knowledge. What do you prefer?

I'm fine with either, but Gilian has masses of FP to spend so everybody may not ok with that.

nightflier wrote:
2) I am close to finishing my version of Wildlander class and I'd like to playtest it in the game. This can be done in following ways: a) One of you creates a secondary character that will leave the party after some time - ideally when you leave Shadowlands - or b) I call for new player to play Wildlander for the limited time, with a possibility of making him or her a permanent member of the party. What do you say?

We've got enough people already in the game, I think. A temp character could work as a secondary character for someone. I'm not volunteering as I've got masses amount of work right now and I'm out of town two days a week.

nightflier wrote:
3) Zeitgeist seems to be steampunk/magetech setting, along the lines of Eberron. I may be interested in doing a game like that as soon as I finish with my Advanced Races game, which should be by the end of next month. Are there any interested players here? I will probably combine Ironborn of Questhaven, Iron Kingdoms, Eberron and Zeitgeist material.

I've never been able to commit fully to more than two real PbP, so I'll pass the opportunity for now.

Dark Archive

Tenebral Vryce wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

By all means.

Dark Archive

Doomed, are you interested in returning one of the "ghosts" as a temp character when I finish my wildlander? You have a lot of experience running more than one character in this game, so I think that you are a logical choice, if you want to, of course.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

It's probably not ideal, but Sorok has muli-classed into a level of Wildlander, I'll make the changes when you're finished with the character. I can't say he'll take more than another level or two of it as being straight Fighter seems to be the way to go, but I thought I would just throw that out there to remind everyone that we will have a Wildlander when Sorok joins in again.


Male Changeling Fighter 1, Monk 1, Rogue 1, Ranger 1, Actor 5

I'd be willing to, yeah. Muni is fun, but it would be nice to play someone who has hands.

What do you think of me playing Eyvindr. He was a wildlander I think.


DH, that seems a good call to me.

Dark Archive

Doomed Hero wrote:

I'd be willing to, yeah. Muni is fun, but it would be nice to play someone who has hands.

What do you think of me playing Eyvindr. He was a wildlander I think.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I should complete the class today or tomorrow.

Dark Archive

Guys, what do you intend to do?


I think a mini quest would be ok, but then, I already have the language, so I don't count for much.


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

Mini Quest, please.

Dark Archive

New characters can be introduced at dinner. Present them as walking down the stairs to the common room.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Is dinner effectively happening now or in a little while?

Dark Archive

Wait for the party to choose a table and sit. Then you can come down and meet them.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Sky-Sorok joined the group pretty much right after the fight that killed both you and I think Pete as well. He might have seen your old corpse and also knows you were summoned as a skeleton by Ragnar but otherwise he has had no interaction with you. In your new body he just assumes your a new member of the party.

Dark Archive

I'm going to try to finish Wildlander during the weekend. I hope I'll find the time to do so. In the meantime, I'd like to hear from all of you what will be your posting rate in the next month or two. It seems to me that we have lost one of the new players (the one who was to play the goblin), so I'm thinking of opening a recruitment thread for another one. I'll deal with that next week.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Sorry Nightflier. Your goblin here. Still need to add some things to profile (like backstory) though. Will get it done tomorrow morning and post IC if that is ok.

Dark Archive

Sure. Great! And great avatar picture, btw.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

I had a different one before and when they added new avatars, I went through the new ones. Happened on that one and thought it was perfect for him. Glad you like it.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Ok, backstory is up. Let me know if you want any changes. Will make my appearance later today.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Nightflier, since Sorok has been here for a while I think I'm going to spend a fate point to know the Shadar tongue.

Dark Archive

I forgot. You don't have to. You can learn it normal way. Same goes for Tenebral and Crunk.


nightflier wrote:
I forgot. You don't have to. You can learn it normal way. Same goes for Tenebral and Crunk.

Do we have fate points or will they be earned later

Dark Archive

You start with the number of fate points equal to your Charisma modifier.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Skill points adjusted and language added.

Since it's likely to come up in game. How did we come to this city? Was it accidental or did Tenebral or Crunk know a way?

Dark Archive

Guys, I have to go on a business trip that will last till the end of the week. I will try to find the time to post, though, but not today.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

No worries. Thanks for the advance notice.

Dark Archive

Guys, I should be back to regular posting tomorrow. I will move the game forward and let your characters rest in their rooms. You will return to full hit points and spell points. If anyone has any further in-game questions, you can post it in hide tags and I will reply the same way, but that will happen effectively in the past.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Should have asked this earlier, but by "You can learn it normal way." for Shadar, do you mean that we can choose to either adjust our builds to put in enough Linguistics ranks to pick it up or use a fate point? Since I have negative fate points, I'll play as if I don't know it for now (though that could be just Crunk playing dumb).

Dark Archive

Crunk wrote:
Should have asked this earlier, but by "You can learn it normal way." for Shadar, do you mean that we can choose to either adjust our builds to put in enough Linguistics ranks to pick it up or use a fate point? Since I have negative fate points, I'll play as if I don't know it for now (though that could be just Crunk playing dumb).

You don't have negative Fate Points. If your Charisma is low enough to have negative modifier, you will start with 0 FP.

You can choose Shadar as you would any other language. You can choose it as bonus language based on high Int.

Dark Archive

Sorry for my absence, guys. I'm afraid that my health has deteriorated and I'll have to undergo a minor surgical procedure. It's nothing life-threatening, or even painful (at least that's what the doctors are telling me), but necessary preparations and tests are taking almost all of my time, and bureaucratic nonsense that I have to go through before I even reach the doctors is mind-staggering. So, I'm sorry to say that I'll not be able to run the game for a month at least (it will take me two weeks to get to the procedure, and about ten days for the recovery). I will be present on the boards and I fully intend to get back to my games after I recover, but I will not be able to give the game the full attention it deserves. So, sorry once again.


Get Well!


Take care of yourself and get well man!

PS: You may want to consider marking the Campaign as inactive just to make sure the other players get the message. Then when you are ready to resume, you can mark it as active again.


nightflier wrote:
Sorry for my absence, guys. I'm afraid that my health has deteriorated and I'll have to undergo a minor surgical procedure. It's nothing life-threatening, or even painful (at least that's what the doctors are telling me), but necessary preparations and tests are taking almost all of my time, and bureaucratic nonsense that I have to go through before I even reach the doctors is mind-staggering. So, I'm sorry to say that I'll not be able to run the game for a month at least (it will take me two weeks to get to the procedure, and about ten days for the recovery). I will be present on the boards and I fully intend to get back to my games after I recover, but I will not be able to give the game the full attention it deserves. So, sorry once again.

Nightflier, I hope you get well soon. No need to say sorry, RL and health is far more important. Take the time you need to rest and recover. For having been through a minor surgery two years ago, I know how it takes time to recover.

I'll be waiting to restart the game as soon as you are ready.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Take care man.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Yeah, good luck with things and take your time getting back to us. We'll be ready when you are. In the meantime, whatever you do, don't drink any of Crunk's cures.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Completely off topic, but in the interest of shameless self promotion, my rum gremlins and island survival manual from the upcoming Kobold Quarterly/Open Design Journeys to the West book made the KQ blog today. Check 'em out.

Rum Gremlins and Island Survival Manual


Male Erunsil (Snow Elf) Fighter 5

I've got a trade show all this week. Will probably be able to post most evenings after the show, but don't let me slow things down. Post for me when necessary or convenient.

Dark Archive

Dear friends and fellow gamers,

I just wanted to let you know how I fare in Real Life, since I feel obligated to somehow make it up to you for my abandonment of this game.

My health is better, but I am still far from surgery which will completely eliminate my illness. Now I need to change the doctors, do several rounds of tests and more medical stuff.

Also, I've started to work on another job, since I haven't been able to work due to illness, so my savings evaporated, so I am effectively working double shifts.

I will be able to increase my presence on the boards, starting Monday, but I seriously doubt that I'll be able to run the games again. Between my two jobs and health-related issues, I barely have time to sleep. So, for the time being, the game is still on hold.

Take care all.


Hope you continue to get better! That the most important thing


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Nightflier, good to hear things are a little better. I wish you the best.


I'm sorry to here that all this is going on. I hope you get well soon.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

My thoughts are with you. I hope you recover fully in time.


Yeah agreed with the sentiments of everyone else posting here. Your health is the most important thing right now.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Rest up and get better soon.


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

We've seen this game die and revive before. I'm sure we'll all still be here when you are ready to return to it.

Take care of yourself.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Best of luck and health.

Dark Archive

Thanks, guys. It means a lot to me.

3,451 to 3,500 of 4,009 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Nightflier's Midnight All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.