Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


401 to 450 of 3,847 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

DM

You have reached the underground train station: Fenrir Stop. The tunnel you've been walking down ends at an opening that joins the concourse for a short distance then continues beyond it on the other side. Where your tunnel connects with the station, a large metal grate has fallen from its moorings and lays to one side, giving you access to the train platform.

The station has a vaulted ceiling of smooth stonework. The entirety of the space is of modest proportions, as train stations go. The tracks are empty. In the dark, they have a strangely desolate feel. As if they lead to nowhere...to nothingness.

The usual gaslight along the walls flickers a bizarre fiery red-orange. It casts jerky dancing shadows across the floor and the walls. The air hums with intermittent zaps and sparks.

Along the far side of the station is the figure of a man dressed in the familiar uniform of police HQ station number 6...the 'Swamplights.' He walks along the tracks with his back to you. He waves a torch along the tracks. It is unlit. With him are three tracking hounds straining on their leashes, eagerly sniffing all over the ground. Their tails floppily wag in excitedness and anticipation.

The policeman calls out, "Quinn. Quinn."


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Another policeman? But with an unlit torch? Curious, indeed.

Using detect evil ability in the direction of the policeman and his dogs

Blackacre whispers to Quinn and to whomever else is close by, Careful, comrades. It is not easy to tell friend from foe in such times, and little would surprise me after last night.

He does his best to stay quiet, and throws his eyes about the platform for any other dangers.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn comes out onto the platform and motions the others to follow. He looks at the 'rag-tag' group and wonders what his reponse will be if ask to explain them. He glances at Caromarc and wonders where the extra person came from. He slaps the top of his bald head and he says to himself Not now.

The monk removes his backpack placing it on the platform. With bow in his left hand and his efficient quiver on his back the young half elf then turns his focus on the police officer, waving his hand."I'm here. I'm here. Have you been looking for me?" Quinn then begins to slap the soot off of his clothes and puts his nose to his shirt, wondering of he stinks like the sewer.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

This Quinn is quite the open book, it seems.

Spellcraft: Alter Self 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Alter Self. We know that one well, don't we? for oneself only, yet applied to another creature? How odd. But fascinating. This one was worth keeping an eye on, now confirmed beyond doubt.

Adressing Hareton, La Siréene speaks. "Impressive, yes. A trick most useful. 'Ello, Elspeth."The kind of trick with lessened restrictions regarding physical capabilty and apparance. Oh, how we know that one well.

La Siréene places herself behind Quinn as he greets the man with the dogs, amused by Gastons caution.


DM

@Blackacre:
You sense the presence of evil.

Your attempt to stealth is unsuccessful. You perceive the officer twitches and moves oddly. As for the dogs, there is more than meets the eye.

death in disguise...


DM

The hounds perk their heads up. One breaks away and lopes over to Quinn and La Siréene. The others follow. All three stop short before them, forming a semi-circle. They stare silent and still. They start to whine. The one in the middle raises its head and mournfully bays.

The figure doesn't respond to your words. He continues to walk, waving the torch.

"Quinn. Quinn."


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27, new comers... Dogs, figure.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre leans toward Quinn and speaks to him in a low tone. Quinn, I sense evil near us. While these dogs do not appear to be a threat, I have a bad feeling about your colleague up there...or what may formerly have been your colleague.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Your madness is a comfort, as always. Light." La Siréene casts her orison, targeting the tip of the - until this moment - unlit torch.

Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn somehow feels the need to trust Gaston. He raises his left arm holding out his bow and removes two arrows. Notching the arrow to bow, he pulls the arrow back and aims towards the "policeman" saying, "Stop where you are and identify yourself." His command is strong and firm....and authoritative.

His stance is now the stance of a disciplined warrior, feet assuming a calculated position. His eyes focused on the standing figure.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Something is wrong, but there are too many in my way... I try to tumble around and through them.

Pardon me, excuse me, pardon me... Acrobatics:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


DM

@Sandru:
You also see that the officer and dogs are disguised.

I don't think you can use Acrobatics to move past them because you are wearing medium armor.


DM

The policeman hisses and flings the torch away. It lands on the tracks.

"Quiinnn." He turns around. Rotting flesh. Glowing red eyes. "Join us in Hell!"

The dogs ignite into flaming hell hounds.

Roll initiative

Ianez - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Zombie policeman - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Hell hound 1 - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Hell hound 2 - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Hell hound 3 - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Init --> 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Sandru wasn't trying to get past the hounds, just passing through friendly squares. Was being creative with acrobatics. However you want to call it.

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Rolling the lowest init in my group 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Checking in; the Paizo site is being really flaky today.


DM

@Sandru:
The acrobatics check didn't exceed the CMD of the hell hounds. And so...

Sandru tumbles forward, but the hell hounds move faster. The dog nearest to him lunges sideways with a hairtrigger reflex, blocking his way. They close you off...the hunters closing in on their prey.

The dogs bare their fangs, growl. Their hackles stand up. They rock back on their haunches ready to attack. Your party feels the strange heat emanating off their bodies. The danger that laughs beneath the crackling of their flames.

Sandru tumbled to the front between the rest of the party and the monsters.

The train platform is a circular area with a diameter of 75 feet. 3 hell hounds face Sandru. Behind the hell hounds is the zombie policeman. Behind Sandru is La Siréene and Quinn. Behind them is Blackacre. At the rear is Ianez, Caromarc, the mechanical manservant, Elspeth, and Hareton.

Hareton - initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

"Sandru!" calls Caromarc, turning "I need..."
he takes in the tableau
"Oh, what appalling timing." he continues in a disappointed tone.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

What is Quinn's range to the hell hounds and zombie? Just gauging distance for Point Blank shot.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Had trouble with the paizo site last night as well.

Those hounds, they... Blackacre searches his mind for any insights about hell hounds, Knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 but comes up empty. Gah, blast 'em!

Once it comes to his turn, Blackacre will fire his pistol at any evil things not engaged in melee -- barring that, he will fire at the nearest hell hound:

Blackacre raises his pistol at the creatures before them and takes aim. The crack of a gunshot echoes through the station...

attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13 -4 if all baddies are engaged in melee
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


DM

Turn order:

1) Hell hound 1
2) Hareton
3) Quinn
4) Hell hound 3
5) Zombie policeman
6) Sandru
7) Hell hound 2
8) Blackacre
9) Caromarc
10) Ianez

tbd - La Siréene


DM

@Quinn:
You are within 30 feet of the hell hounds, technically about 10 feet.


DM

The first hell hound opens it jaws and belches a gout of flame that catches Sandru, La Siréene, and Quinn in its blast!

Sandru, La Siréene, and Quinn make a Reflex save.


NPC

At the rear of the party, Hareton looks on warily. He pats down his coat jacket looking for his dagger and takes a defensive stance.

It is Quinn's turn.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

The Reflex:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12, w/Evasion


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn is caught unaware from the flame coming from its mouth and is assaulted with the flames.
Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Great!. First die roll in combat and it's an epic fail.

Quinn, in turn, takes a 5 foot step back and fires 2 arrows at the same hell hound that breathed at him.
Flurry of Arrows: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 251d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Damage from arrows: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

I'll let the DM handle the commentary on whether I hit or not.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

The Paizo site has been inacsesible for me. GM? I would be delighted if you would roll my initative from now on.

Initiative1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Reflex1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


DM

Sandru and Quinn try to dodge the fire breath attack, but to no avail.

Sandru & Quinn each take 5 fire damage.

La Siréene throws herself out of the way and is lightly singed.

La Siréene, take 2 fire damage.

@La Siréene:
Noted re rolling initiative.

______________________________

The monk executes swift, merciless retribution. His arrows sail true, both finding their mark. shhhww..thwump! shhhww..thwump! The hound, reeling from the impact, yelps in pain.

Hell hound 1 takes 14 damage.

______________________________

Turn order (updated and complete):

1) Hell hound 1
2) Hareton
3) Quinn
4) La Siréene
5) Hell hound 3
6) Zombie policeman
7) Sandru
8) Hell hound 2
9) Blackacre
10) Caromarc
11) Ianez

It is La Siréene's turn.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Mutts from the Pit? How droll. La Siréene dives out of the way of the hellfire, which only singes her back. Reacting quickly, she cast the most fitting spell she could have, smiling to herself at this stroke of luck.

"Aqueous Orb!"

DC 21.

Non-lethal damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

The enemies are all bunched up, so the Orb can land on two of them, then roll up to 30 feet with La Siréene's move action. In addition, there is no limit on how many times it can hit a single enemy in the same round, so it will roll back and forth over the hell hounds until it is out of move or they all fail both their saves. However, they get to save a second time to avoid the entanglement.


DM

The aqueous orb lands on two of the hounds, sweeping then up, then rolls towards the third one and sweeps it up too. It tosses them head over heels and knocks them about.

The hell hounds all take non-lethal damage (which I'm keeping track of.)

The orb continues on, rolling towards the zombie. The monster lurches out of its path.

One of the hell hounds kicks out savagely; it dives out of the orb in a burst of spray. The dog races towards Sandru and leaps at him with lips drawn back from its fangs and foam dripping from its mouth. Its bite fails to land, teeth clamping down in futility. With an angry yip, it collides into Sandru and bounces off of him.

Hell hounds 1 and 2 are still in the orb. They have cover and entanglement.

__________________________

The zombie runs along the perimeter of the room, eyeing your party and planning its next move. It never takes its eyes off you. The two red pinpoints move in shadows along the edge of the room.

At the end of its turn, the zombie is halfway along the left-hand side of the station.

__________________________

Sandru's turn.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I don't mind the flames so much... Why did they come here to my world. I would meet them in HELL!

I bellow at them. This is not where you BELOOONG!!!

Trying to flank the creature, I attack...

Hack:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14, another +2 if flanking, total 16
1d6 + 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + (1, 2) + 4 = 13

Sandru will move up to 30 feet in an attempt to flank the creature, even allowing an AoO. Sandru has AC 26 w/Dodge & Mobility. If he can flank, extra 2d6 Sneak damage. Leaving it up to DM as there no map?


DM

Hell hound's AoO: 1d20 ⇒ 20 (automatic hit, no crit)

As Sandru moves past, the hell hound sinks its teeth in his leg! Sandru - take 7 damage plus 1 fire damage.

Nevertheless, he successfully flanks the beast. His cutlass comes down on the hell hound's backside. hell hound #3 takes 13 damage.

_____________________

The hounds in the aqueous orb thrash about. One tries to break free of it, but is overwhelmed by the churning of the water.

_____________________

Blackacre's turn


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Only 13 boss.


DM

Oops sorry, I see you included that already! Thanks. I'll fix.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

It was severely out of order, but I rolled a pistol shot a few posts earlier with my initiative (attack 13, damage 7), which would have been taken at the zombie (since HH1 is engaged with Sandru). Can't say I wouldn't mind rolling it again, though. ;)


DM

Ah, yes...to recap,

Blackacre raises his pistol at the creatures before them and takes aim. The crack of a gunshot echoes through the station...

...and hits the zombie!

With a snarl, it stumbles, then catches and steadies itself. Clutching its side, it continues to advance. The zombie takes 7 damage.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 1:

Status:

HP: 38/38 AC: 20 Conditions: Archaeologist's Luck (+2 to hit/damage/on saves/on skill checks)

Ianez waits patiently for his turn.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

DM:

what does the Earl know about such things (and now I have Elspeth to help me!)
Caromarc
Knowledge: Planes 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Knowledge: Religion 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Elsepth (aid)
Knowledge: Planes 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Knowledge: Religion 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

"I really need to get a weapon" sighs Caromarc, as he rips open the wall between the worlds.
Casting Summon Monster II


Per +11

"Good morning miss Elspeth. I suggest you and I keep an eye on our rear, lest something sneak up on us. The Master will be with us shortly."
Elsepth and Mechanical Manservant ready to attack anything approaching the rear


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 1:

Status:

HP: 38/38 AC: 20 Conditions: None

As he closes with the hell hound on Sandru, Ianez calls upon his luck. The edge of his sword gleams in the traces of dim light as he brings it down on the infernal creature.

To hit: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24

Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10


DM

@Caromarc:
You know that hell hounds are lawful evil outsiders from the plane of fire. They are cruel, hunt in packs, and will relentlessly pursue their prey to the death. Also, you know they're immune to fire, but vulnerable to cold.


DM

Ianez cleaves the front half of the hell hound from the rear half. Its face contorts in shock and both pieces fall to the ground dead.


DM

One of the hounds in the swirling water gnashes its teeth and bucks in a mad frenzy. Even so, it remains stuck.

The hound takes nonlethal damage.

_____________________________

Hareton searches his pockets, starting to hyperventilate. "Where is that knife? Where is that knife?"

It's Quinn's turn


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Seeing that two of the hounds are preoccupied, Quinn turns his attention and sends a flurry of arrows towards the zombie. "Begone....abomination in the eyes of Erastil"

Flurry of Arrows: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 321d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Confirmation on Crit 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Damage Arrow #1 (Crit Confirmed x3):3d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) + 6 = 14
Damage Arrow #2 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

DM:

Can they be talked to in Ignan? Questioned?


DM

...shhhww..thwump! shhhww..thwump!

The zombie policeman flies back, pinned to the wall. YEEEEEEAAAAARRGG!!! It shrieks and detonates in a splat of goo.


DM

@Caromarc:
They understand Infernal, but cannot speak. They are cruel and probably not very cooperative.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Hell Hounds have cover inside the Orb, but they can still be attacked. Yes? Not saying we should, just for future consideration.

401 to 450 of 3,847 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.