Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


251 to 300 of 3,847 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc, backing away from the fight, feels helpless. He resists the urge to cast defences on himself he does not need. The only spell he still has prepared that might help is the spell that exposes someone to the ghastly piping from Tg.

Suddenly a thought occurs. Constructs tend to be inflexible in their instructions after all...

Casting dancing lights to create a glowing vaguely humanoid figure near the Scarecrow.


DM

The amorphous form of the mist proves to be a thorn for the eagles. Try as they might, they're unable to flank it. Nevertheless, they land two talon attacks which do damage to the mist.

Likewise, this causes trouble for the mechanical servant. The mist thins, and he keeps grasping at air. *

The scarecrow notices the glowing human figure that has materialized in its vicinity.

* But it doesn't disappear!


DM

The mist shaped like Blackacre attacks him again. Empowered, it strikes furiously, siphoning more of his blood.

You sense the mists are actually vampirizing your party, their attacks partially healing themselves.

@Blackacre - take 1 Con damage


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I try to break free of the Scarecrow's mesmerizing stare...

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Lightheaded from the loss of blood, La Siréene's thoughts feel sluggish, unfamiliar. Move, damn you, move!

Filled with an urge to drive the horrible mist away, La Siréene steps away from the mist, and then mistakenly targets the mist with the first spell that comes to her mind. " Suggestion. Attack that." La Siréene points at the Wolverine.

Free action: Five foot step. Standard action: Casting Suggestion. Move action: none. Suggestion DC 20.

Note that Suggestion is language dependent, and La Siréene does not speak the language of Aberrations, so if the Mist cannot understand, the suggestion will have no effect. On the other hand, that is a really simple command, and these mists are fairly intelligent, so it is basically up to what Kinetic_Cards rules as reasonable.


DM

Sandru's pupils narrow. The bonfires jump from the scarecrow's eyes into his own and are reflected. His head feels very light and very heavy at the same time. He could wander through these fires forever, lulled by a camaraderie of shared rage.

@Sandru - You now have the fascinated condition.

@La Siréene - roll a Linguistics check


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Linguistics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


DM

The druid uses knowledge of linguistics to weave the command with just enough Sylvan that the creature comprehends, and the spell takes effect (the mist speaks Aklo.) On its turn this round, the mist will attack the wolverine.

It is Sandru's turn.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

In the midst of combat, guess Sandru is allowed a Save? If not, ignore roll.

Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Sandru simply sways back and forth for several seconds...


DM

Sandru will be able to make a new save when a monster attacks him, but for the moment he is not in imminent danger.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 2:

I believe that Ianez is up.

The scholar calls on his preternatural luck and aims another slash at the mist on Gaston, his enchanted blade again cleaving the mist. Despite his success, his overall affect is unnaturally flat; neither exultation nor focus touch his expression.

To hit with +1 sword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

:Confirm Crit?


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

They're amorphous, and immune to crits.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

No 'Fruit Ninja' feat?


DM

The mist feels the bite of the sword and writhes in pain. It looks over its "shoulder" and snarls at the bard.

It is Blackacre's turn.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Revitalized by the success of Ianez's strike, Blackacre summons his strength and takes another two-handed swing at the mist that confronts them.

Swift action for another round of bane, this time the right one (vs aberrations)
Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (1, 4) = 19

Ha!


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15
Sandru wrote:
No 'Fruit Ninja' feat?

That feat is catfolk-only, I'm afraid.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Gaston, you should check your weapon damage dice--looks like you rolled a d20 for base damage, although since you rolled less than the max damage for a bastard sword I don't think you should reroll. Also, good shot! Depending on how much it healed from drinking your blood, that might have been enough to knock it down.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Oof. I tend to copy and paste because I'm lazy and try to save my typing for actual work, so I miss things more often than I should. In case a new damage roll is needed, we can replace the 7 with a: 1d10 ⇒ 8, so the ... Ha! The irony of that roll!


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

I sympathize--I do a lot of cut and paste as well. Easier than retyping all the format codes.


DM

The mist vibrates a little. There is a wet sound...the burst of a clotted blotch. SQUPLISH! The air releases a splash of blood that rains down and drenches the blade.

The creature is no more!


DM

Under the effects of the Suggestion spell, the second vampiric mist attacks the wolverine. It doesn't even come close. The animal is too fast.

The scarecrow floats past Sandru (who remains fascinated while it is near.) It hauls back and slams its big haystack arms at La Siréene. The first arm swings too wide, but the second one crashes into her.

@La Siréene - take 8 damage and roll a Will save. The wolverine can take an attack of opportunity vs the scarecrow.


(HP 59/59), Fort +9 Ref+4 Will +3

I am confused. My Wolverine got an AOO - meaning it was a move action to get to La Siréene - but the Scarecrow still gets to full attack La Siréene? If Summoned Wolverine can only take an attack action, ignore all attacks except the AOO and Claw#1

Attack of opportunity, still flanking with Sandru:
Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The Wolverine, true to its mistress's command, hobbles after the scarecrow, flanks it with La Siréene and stubbornly resumes biting and ripping it apart.

Attack
Claw#1:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Claw#2:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Bite::1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage
Claw#1:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Claw#2:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Bite::1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Will Save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Vampiric mist removed, La Siréene has a moment to regain her composure before being bashed over the head with an arm of hay. La Siréene looks up to find the Scarecrow attacking her and Sandru mentally removed from the situation.

Ah- Sandru could not hold the Scarecrow back. Shame.

La Siréene steps out of the Scarecrows reach, then targets Sandru with a spell to shake him awake. "Faerie Fire." Then, she draws her shield, to hold the scarecrow back.

Free action: Five Foot Step. Standard: casting Faerie Fire. Move: draw shield.


DM

My bad. I confused the situation. Same enough effect, we'll just go with this.

La Siréene resists the waves of fear.

The scarecrow is ravaged by the wolverine's claws. Rattled about like a rag doll, the stuffing flies everywhere. The unearthly yellow light in its eyes fades away.

The body falls limp and lifeless in the water. Splash.

Sandru is outlined in a pale glow filled with purple sparkles. It shakes him awake and brings him back to the present.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Pretty lights surround me, different than others... so many lights. The red one sucking blood, the yellow ones in the scarecrow's eyes holding me. Making me still, making me stay.

These lights different, real magic. They wake me, but not hurt.

I am sorry... Sandru was weak.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

"Ms Dorée? Please allow me to assist you... "
Caromarc casts infernal healing on La Siréene.
"Should we send our conjured friends down the corridor to scout out trouble while we still have them? "


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

I believe there is another vampiric mist to deal with before we can leave.


DM

Correct.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Oh, my bad, sorry... Consider that Caromarc's turn


Per +11

Manservant and eagles aid Sandru. AC 10. Manservant 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 eagles (assuming this is not the smitten) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 and 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4. Sandru gains +4 attack.

"If I may, Sir, perhaps you would like to assist my celestial companions and I in dispatching this beast?" Asks the Mechanical manservant as his glowing eyes join with the golden eagles in a confusing and distracting flash of shining light that leaves a single path free for Sandru.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

If 20 feet, Sandru charges.

I come out of my daze, there is one blood-sucker left. I don't think, I only move... having been still too long.

The birds make a golden path, the glow still upon me. A special night indeed. I celebrate...

Arrgh!!

Attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27, raging, +2 if charging.
Damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9, raging, +2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9 if charging.


DM

The mist recoils, attacked from an unexpected direction! It gasps deflatedly and limp-floats through the air as it makes its retreat. One more attack would finish it off.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 3:

Ianez pivots smoothly and closes with the second mist, its fabric offering only minimal resistance to his strike.

To hit with +1 sword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5


DM

SQUPLISH!

The second mist explodes and is no more.


NPC

"That was...ghastly," Hareton exclaims. "Once again, thanks to you, we've survived another encounter with fiends." He surveys your collective wounds. "Some of us look the worse for wear." He shrugs, half grins with one corner of his mouth, and adjusts the cuffs of his shirtsleeves. "But I'd say we'll last, oh I don't now, at least another ten, fifteen minutes."

He seems in a slightly better mood, heartened by your party's victory over the sewer beasts. The doctor lifts his feet carefully through the water, which has saturated and ruined his modest black leather shoes. Pieces of straw eddy around his legs. The substance of the formerly threatening scarecrow looks dingy and pathetic pooling around in the water. "It would seem that monsters are everywhere. We're not going to be able to take a step in any direction without running into some diabolical thing or another."

In front of you, the sewer stretches about 300 feet. "Well, our only option is to go onward into the night. Shall we, gentlemen?"


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

No. Other way... Still water. If something is there, we kill it. Or it will kill others.


DM

This is a rough map of the sewer thus far. You are where the letter 'P' is. From where you stand, you see the tunnel in front of you which is about 300 yards (top of map), or the passage off to the side which as far as you can tell loops back to the dark, quiet passage...the place Sandru mentions with the 'still water'.

Map of sewer

300 feet ahead

xx??xxxxxxxxx
xx??xxxxxxxxx
xx| |xxxxxxxxx
xx| |xxxxxxxxx
xx|P\xxxxxxxx
xx| \ \xxxxxxx
xx| |\ \xxxxxx
xx| |x\ \xxxxx
xx| |xx\ \xxxx
xx| |xxx\ \xxx
xx| |xxxx?????
xx| |xxxx?????
xx\ \xxxx/ /xx
xxx\ \xx/ /xxx
xxxx\ \/ /xxxx
xxENTRANCExx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

We should come from both sides. Neh? You, Backache... Want to come with me?


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Fine with me...er, what did you say your name was?

Blackacre peers down the branch passageway as though he would be able to see in that gloom ...and what if the two paths do not connect? Perhaps you and I go toward the "still water" a short way. Everyone else goes this way

- he jerks a thumb toward the branching passageway - and if the paths do not connect, we just come back and meet the rest of the group on this path. Perhaps that is what you meant. It is fine with me.

...oh, and the name is Blackacre, not Backache, thank you.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Black-Acher... Yes. They will see Sandru, I am glowing. You are hurt yes? I will lead.

I turn south, my eyes piecing the pitch... the darkness. On the way, I look for debris. Something to throw as bait. Fishing in the sewers. I am hungry. But I lose my appetite. Strange.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19, add'l +6 if hidden/secret or +8 if trap.


DM

@Sandru:
You kick the occasional piece of floating garbage.

In the passageway, you see a trap. Wooden planks are nailed together to form some sort of barricade. On either side of the tunnel, and above you, there are clusters of arrows pointing in every direction.

You can make a Disable Device check to locate the trigger and disarm the trap.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc points to the Manservant "Guard here, please."
He then indicates to the Eagles to take the path less travelled.
7 turns left?
That done he pulls out his Spellbook, muttering "Thank you again Doctor Sanderson for convincing me to ward my books - may you rest in peace eternal." and begins to read.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I point out the trap and indicate Blackacre should stay back. Out of harm's way. Efficiently... methodically, I look for the trigger. I think I see something...

Disable Device 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


DM

@Sandru:
You see that the mechanism of the trap is a tripwire...razor-thin...just beneath the surface of the water. The rigging looks a little tricky.

Roll another Disable Device check.

From the direction the eagles flew, you all hear SPRONG!...thwip, thwip, thwip, thwip, thwip, thwip, thwip, thwip, thwip, thwip, thwip, thwip...SKRAWK!!! Then silence.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Disable Device 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


DM

@Sandru:
You determine the length and position of the tripwire. You notice it's connected to other wires at various angles with the walls that in some places form little "webs". It would have been easy for one of your cohorts to brush up against one and trigger a barrage of arrows.

Addtionally, the wire has a nasty-looking barb on it that would have injured you, had you not handled it so dexterously. Thankfully, you avoided it.

You're able to figure how to step back and throw a piece of garbage at the wire in such a way that you spring the trap. The trajectory of the arrows will miss everyone in your party.

You're able to see there are no other traps directly beyond this one.

@Sandru and Blackacre:
Up ahead is an alcove off to the left. You hear two voices low and hushed in conversation. It sounds like some sort of argument.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre slowly leans close to Sandru, taking care not to startle the large creature at work.

He whispers, Good work, Sandru. It seems as though your eyes may be better than eagle's eyes...too bad for the eagles. Do you see that alcove to the left? I hear voices there. Let us be on our guard.

Blackacre gingerly draws his sword and positions himself off Sandru's shoulder, ready to move.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

He also takes a quick glance behind to make sure there is no one hiding in an alcove behind them.

Perception(if needed): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


DM

@Blackacre:
"I see you," a gruff voice says from the hollow of the darkness. "Put away yer sword. Or don't. Either way." This is followed by a wheezing cough. "See Quinn, ya dunderhead? I told ye t'was lost souls. Prol'y adventurers."

This is from the alcove in front of you. No one is hiding behind you.

251 to 300 of 3,847 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.