Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


201 to 250 of 3,847 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre takes the hat, looks it over, and tosses it on his head, slightly cocked in the fashion of the day.

Thank you, sir. This is a most generous gift. As you may have seen, I appear to have lost my previous hat somewhere in the chase.

After a moment of consideration, he adds, Perhaps the doctor is right. If we are fortunate, Ragathiel will lead us through these sewers to somewhere we can avenge or recover what we have lost this night.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

La Siréene silently takes the amulet and studies its intricate beauty with care then places it around her neck. A barely visible transparent field of protection forms around her.

”Thank you,” she smiles. She reshapes her hide armor and backpack, removes the former and putting it in the latter, then letting them cease to be readily visible once more. Then she turns to Ianez.

”If we rested, I’d have magic to recognize and remove poison or diseases. I can’t guarantee that’d help, thought, depending.”

She looks down the sewers.

”I agree with Hareton. Let’s tread these tunnels. If you have trouble, Ianez, do tell.”


DM

(picture of "Olivia's heart" pendant)

@Blackacre and Darious - I modified the look of your treasure (see original post.)

@Caromarc - Your robe does not have the evil aura in the description. It was a garment from the autopsy ward at the Hospital of Pharasma that was used for research of anatomy.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

My breath is deep, not shallow. I have been told it is like a tiger's. But, I have never seen a tiger.

I look at this Grey. I am not impressed, just thankful. Not knowing what the orange liquid does is the least of my worries.

Thank you.

I move my cloak and let my shield drop. Taking out my sword, I sniff the dank air. Fetid is a word I've heard Caromarc use.

Looking the others over one more time, I turn... peering into the black, I lead them. Hoping we are headed away from the madness.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc takes the robe, hesitates and says quietly
"Wait doctor. I was in the war - I've seen people lose friends and family, survive massacres, find themselves in the midst of death. The black dog of depression stalks them. Before they " pause " leave they give away their goods, seek to balance books."

"I know it seems there is no chance, no hope... but strange as it might sound I've survived worse."

Knowledge: Engineering to identify any special hazards about the sewer 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


DM

Suggested music

The tunnels leading off from the node form a 'V'. Down one tunnel, you see what appears to be small, yellow, bouncing lights. The other tunnel is dark and eerily still. From that direction, you hear the occasional natural slosh of the water.

@Caromarc:
You are familiar with construction of this type of sewer. It provides ample alcoves and places to hide.


NPC

Hareton tightens his jaw. The line of his mouth becomes mean and thin.

"We are fellow travelers in this...he scans over everyone...I won't say meaninglessness, because I've drawn meaning from all of you. But we are definitely, inexplicably...maligned." He straightens his posture. "I'm a man of science. I avoid being superstitious. But I have seen that you are lights in the darkness. I will follow your lead that we may explore this mystery and set things aright."


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Darkvision, if it helps.

I motion for the others to be quiet. And, step forward trying to see what makes the lights.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre stays behind, watching intently and sniffing for strange magicks.

Casting detect magic, just in case. Perception to see what I can: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

He draws his pistol and prepares to load it.


DM

@Sandru:
You see a scarecrow with red wisps floating in its vicinity.

@Blackacre:
You see a scarecrow and detect the faint workings of magic that created it.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I retreat and whisper... There is a scarecrow with red lights floating around it... What do I do?

Can we charge in this... terrain? I shudder at the term.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Ianez rouses himself enough to occasionally cast a light spell, but other than that he isn't saying anything.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Knowledge: Arcana/Planes??? 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

"This style of sewers were built with alcoves to ensure that during high flow... well, look, it doesn't matter. It means these walls have numerous small cavities in which something or someone could hide and pounce out as we pass. That quiet tunnel worries me." the Earl says quietly.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

”A protector of crops in the sewers? It's a Monster. So it's a choice between certain, stupid monster and uncertain, sneaky monster.” La Siréene pauses for a moment.

"I agree with Caromarc. The certain tunnel is preferable. I say we attack the scarecrow."


DM

@Caromarc:
Your attempt to ascertain anything arcane or extraplanar reveals nothing notable.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Let's take the certain foe, then. Blackacre makes sure his sword is loose in his scabbard and ready to be pulled, then loads both barrels of his pistol.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Attemtpting to identify the lights and the scarecrow:
Knowledge: Dungeonering 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Knowledge: Nature 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Yes, Caromarc. Still waters run... deep.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

For the first time since entering the sewers, Ianez speaks. "W-wait a mo-moment." He casts cure light wounds on himself, recovering all of the damage inflicted by the bite. Then he takes up his buckler and sword. "Now I'm ready."


DM

Ianez's light spell reveals that the other tunnel without lights looks empty, except for water on the floor. At least as far as you can see.

The elf salutes gracefully. "Human matters are not for me. I must attend to Darkwood and issues in my homeland." He gazes upward, back to the streets. "I do not know if I'll make it, given the evil and chaos up there. But I must try." With typical bravado, he hoists himself up out of the sewers. His eyes look down at you one last time. "Fare thee well." A final wave, then he is gone.

For a short time, you all wait in the sewers and listen to the sounds of the night. The fate of the elf goes down in history as just another unknown.

@La Siréene:
The scarecrow is floating along in the company of two vampiric wisps. They appear as crimson vapor, reeking of fresh blood, hanging in the air.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc, dithering, looks at his comrades attempting to see if any others are hurt.

"Do we have a plan?"
I hate to be mechanical, but how wide are these sewers?


DM

The sewers are 20 feet wide.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

First, does my character know anything at all about what vampiric wisps? Energy type, immunities, weaknesses, anything? Is the Scarecrow floating high enough of the ground to be a problem for melee fighters?

"Those lights are two Vampric Wisps. I can summon a beast to fight. Let it strike first, making itself a target, then flank the monsters."

La Siréene waits a moment to see if everyone is ready, then, unless she is interrupted, she starts casting Sumon Nature's Ally III-Augmented Wolverine.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Desperate to be helpful Caromarc joins in casting
Summon Monster II - 1d3 ⇒ 2 of Augmented Celestial Eagles


DM

@La Siréene - You know that vampiric wisps (or as I should have typed 'mists') are aberrations that siphon the blood of their victims. Also, they've scented out your party (with the exception of the Mechanical Manservant, of course, who doesn't have blood.)

The scarecrow is hovering low above the ground, within melee range. Its stuffing of straw makes it vulnerable to fire.

You hear a low hissing sound.

It and I has found something here. No good.

It and I has found something there. They will be...delicious!


DM

No surprise round. Roll for initiative.

Scarecrow - 1d20 ⇒ 14
Vampiric mist 1 - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Vampiric mist 2 - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


NPC

The lovesick doctor retreats a short distance, leaving this fight to his capable allies.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

The glowing lights, they don't seem real to me. The scarecrow is something I can hurt. I charge the scarecrow!

Hopefully, 20 to 60 feet away. Distance?


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Do I know anything about our enemies? if needed, knowledge(religion) check - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


DM

Turn order:

1. Vampiric mist 1
2. Sandru
3. Ianez
4. Blackacre
5. Vampiric mist 2
6. Scarecrow
7. La Siréene

Caromarc - tbd
Mechanical Manservant - tbd

@ Blackacre:
Vampiric mists take on skeletal forms of people whose blood they drink. You know this is a ruse. They are not susceptible to positive energy like undead.


DM

One mist skates through the air and makes a melee touch attack against Blackacre. The vapor forms skeletal hands that caress up his arm; as they do, ribbons of blood twist and drain from him into the creature. It now appears stronger and faster than before.

@Blackacre - take 2 Con damage


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 1:

Since Sandru is charging the scarecrow, Ianez attacking the mist on Blackacre shouldn't affect his action. The bard's sword slices into the skeletal hands clutching at Gaston, cleaving through them easily.

To hit with +1 sword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage (assuming that hit): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


DM

Sandru charges the scarecrow (reposted)

Attack 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 = 17, charge
Damage 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (2, 5) = 16, rhino

Sandru slices through the dry, bundled hay. There is a scattering of straw. The scarecrow wheels around and glares hatefully at him with its fiery, hollow eyes.


DM

Ianez's attack hits. The mist flinches in shock. Noooo! it hisses in anger.

It reforms into a shape that vaguely resembles Blackacre.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 I am rolling use the worst initiative of Caromarc and Manservant and assuming they'll move together again. That okay?


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

summoning two glowing golden eagles
I assume they'll manifest at the start of the next round?


DM

@Caromarc:
When you post your first move, we will retro it into the start of Round 1. Your eagles manifest this round that they're summoned, and they can attack this round.

Turn order:

1. Caromarc (& MM)
2. Vampiric mist 1
3. Sandru
4. Ianez
5. Blackacre
6. Vampiric mist 2
7. Scarecrow
8. La Siréene


Per +11

This manservant has a duty to protect the Earl, therefore - assuming the permission of sir's colleagues - it will engage the blood-drinker most likely to attack the Earl.
Dagger 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


DM

The mechanical's attack hits, but the damage doesn't exceed the damage resistance of the mist.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Gaaah! Blackacre cries out as the misty creature wounds him.

As he returns to the use of his trusty sword move action, Blackacre howls at the mist that apes his shape, You will drink of me no more! banes it up vs undead, (swift action) and strikes!

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + (3, 3) = 13


DM

His attack narrowly misses his opponent!

@Blackacre:
Based on your religion check, you know these are not undead. (They are aberrations mimicking undead.)


(HP 59/59), Fort +9 Ref+4 Will +3

The Wolverine comes into existence next to the Scarecrow, flanking it with Sandru. "Attack", its master commands. The Wolverine growls and rips at this strange, hay-filled creature ferociously.

Attack:
Claw 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Claw 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Bite 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Damage:
Claw 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Claw 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Bite 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


DM

The second mist menaces La Siréene. It encircles her shoulders like a scarf and nips at her neck.

Pretty...

From her neck streams a blur the color of red wine. The mist looks invigorated.

@La Siréene- take 2 Con damage

The scarecrow continues to stare at Sandru. It seems like a weird mix of motion and insentience. Burning yellow eyes in the gourd of its head. Oddly bright and captivating in the dark sewer.

@Sandru - roll a Will save


DM

The wolverine's claw attacks hit and damage the scarecrow. There is a snap of twigs and part of its wooden frame splinters apart.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Not sure if La Siréene has posted as Wolverine, please forgive me if not...
A pair of glowing golden eagles materialise to either side of the vampiric mist that attacked La Siréene, and attack!

Both eagles smite evil (included below). Flanking included below.
talons 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
talons 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
talons 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
talons 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Per +11

This servant attempts to grapple the Vampiric Mist it attacked last round

Grapple 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

201 to 250 of 3,847 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.