Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


2,001 to 2,050 of 3,847 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

La Siréene stares into the mist, tired, rage slowly ebbing away. She looks… sad, almost. She replies in a small voice.

”So is mine, I’m afraid, Caromarc.”

Nameless… Why could I not remember their names? I can remember names now. My mind, or my mindset, has changed. While Enbringer, ot whoever that is, deludes themselves.

La Siréene makes a strange little noise, a sad, humorless laugh.

Heh. Still self-aware, then.

So why does this make me so emotional, if so?

La Siréene delays her action.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

"Ianez?"


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I can't stop attacking the creature... Damn you... DIE!!!

Attack1 G3, rage, power attack -2: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 15
Damage1 G3, rage, power attack +4: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 = 12

Attack2 G3, rage, power attack -2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 25
Damage2 G3, rage, power attack +4: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 4 = 11

Conf Crit G3, rage, power attack -2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 16
Crit Damage G3, rage, power attack +4: 1d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 4 = 16


DM

The last gargoyle trips and falls back under the savage onslaught. WHAM! BLAM! It's blown to smithereens! Flying rocks crash everywhere.

The night is silent. Fog floats all around.

The stillness awaits Ianez's response, and what the elemental tells you.

MAP remains up on the 'campaign info' page, as you still have to traverse the valley of fog.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I sheathe my blade, turning to scoop up Phoebe... as I release my rage. Are you alright?


NPC

Phoebe frowns shyly. "You ask about the coughing. You saw that." She wipes her bloody chin on her sleeve. "Don't worry. It's the oracular curse. Each of us has one. Agnes was struck lame. Me, I got the wasting curse." The oracle looks sheepish. "You know...disease." More shameful still. "I have consumption." She diverts her eyes. "Tuberculosis. Don't worry, it will not kill me. It's just exacerbated when I use my powers."

She sniffles and musters soldierly camaraderie. "Thanks for defending me against those things."


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Yes, I saw and you saw me. You were not afraid of... me? How I become?


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

La Siréene indulges herself for a moment, just standing still and looking into the sky, letting the rain flow down over her face and metal plate. Then, she moves the Orb slightly to M,N-22,23. She then moves over to her previous position next to Caromarc at J-23, and heals herself twice with her healing wand.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Then, she hands the healing wand to Phoebe. "Here – heal our dear Sandru with this, will you? Anyone else need healing, say so. Didn’t see who got damaged, there."


NPC

Phoebe takes the wand. She waves it at Sandru.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I roll my shoulders and crack my neck... Any more ...friends dropping by?


DM

Ianez and the Mechanical Manservant can observe that they're near another obelisk.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

"I could use an application from the wand, Phoebe."


NPC

Phoebe pats Sandru on the back, the awkward gesture of a child trying to act like an adult. "I'm not scared," she says. "I know who's side you are on." She furrows her brow. "And I understand getting angry," she says gruffly.

She taps the wand on Ianez.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn approaches Pheobe and Sandu and removes the ropes around their waists. "Our positioning was good. Everyone was around Pheobe, the safe possible spot."

Quinn kneels to the ground trying to determine if there were other footprints besides themselves.
Survival: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

"I have also put no time into studying the elemental tongues."


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre wipes gargoyle dust from his sparking blade.

I could use some healing as well. However, I seem to have a wand of my own.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

If memory serves, it should have 43 uses left. We may want to balance the use of our respective wands.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

La Siréene turns towards Sandru. She's calmer now, although still tired. They are involved, now. I desire their trust. Very well, then.

"I've mentioned previously that I lost every individual dear to me recently. That was them. My... family, I suppose you might call it. As well as one usurper. It was responsible for all their deaths. It attempted to kill me, steal the body I inhabited. My willpower was stronger than its, however."

La Siréene gives a small, sardonic chuckle.

"Me and Caromarc were brought back by Hareton, but not exactly resurrected. It was more akin to materializing the memories of us, then crafting us bodies. The process has brought the usurper back, and the family he destroyed into his hands. I do not believe they have bodies of their own, but I am not sure."

La Siréene shakes her head sadly.

"The usurper is fixated on my end, and if not it then at least the family appear fixated on taking my body for their own. I don't know how many were included in the effect, but the usurper at the very least remains. It will not give up until I am conquered, and neither will what remains of the family."

She smiles.

"So, to answer your question, dear Sandru: yes. Most definitely. And the friends dropping by will have to be killed."

She forms an umbrella in her hand and picks out a piece of paper from her pouch to read a scribbled note.

"If you do not mind, Phoebe darling, you may keep the wand, so that you may heal us. The wand has... 31 charges, by the way, mad man."


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc picks up some gargoyle dust as part of his pantomiming.


DM

@Quinn:
You see Hergelund's footprints, as before. Also, there are claw indentations from several gargoyles, though your fight has ripped up the ground some, and it's hard to tell if the prints are fresh or have been there awhile. There are lots of tracks though, so it might be reasonable to assume there are more gargoyles in the vicinity.

Additionally, there are various humanoid footprints. Assassins of the Anaphexia going to and fro the library?

You don't see the tracks of any other creatures.

@Caromarc - you can make an untrained Perform check to see how effectively you pantomime.


NPC

Phoebe smacks the wand a couple times flat against her open palm, points it around like a wizard, and puts it in her belt. She looks pleased with her new stewardship.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn, kneeling on th ground, looks up to the others and says, "Looks like Hergelund was around here. Can't tell if he fought the gargolyes. So the question is, how did he bypass these gargolyes?"

The monk looks back down at the ground. "There are a set of other footprints in the ground. Looks like the footprins are going back and forth to the library. Cut-throats? Not sure."

The monk rises and says, "We best be on our guard."

Quinn continues to have his bow and arrows at he ready.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

I think that would be 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 1 = 2


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc gives up
"Forget it" he mutters "Everyone, if this elemental starts trying to defend me from something, then there's probably something coming."


Per +11

"Perhaps Ms La Siréene could send her orb ahead of us, and we could follow in its path, rather than standing here in this fog?"


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

"The Orb only lasts 36 seconds, but certainly. Pardon, Caromarc."

Standing close to Caromarc to see better, La Sireéne issues the mental commands and lets the Orb roll past Caromarc, Phoebe and Sandru, and when she's sure it is outside the ward, lets it roll in front of the group, to J-K, 19-20. She then moves back to Caromarcs left, and sends the Orb 20 feet forward of the group.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc starts moving forward
beep beep, the ward express is moving


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Ianez returns to his place in the marching order ahead of Gaston.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn follows along.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Phoebe holding my hand, I begin to move...


DM

The elemental nods its head a couple times and rumbles towards Lord Caromarc. It circles around his feet, affectionately nudging his ankles.


NPC

Your party moves forward bravely...warily...through the fog about 50 feet without incident. You pass sets of double obselisks. All of them are empty, with clawmark indentations...gargoyle watchmen that have flown from their pedestals. You hear the ball of water sloshing forward through the mist. But otherwise, everything is uneventful.

Your party comes across a patch between the obelisks with shattered gargoyle bits strewn around. The marsh is stained with blood. The see-saw raspy breathing returns. You hear a voice. I...had to kill them. Most of the family...now dead. Only a few of us now.

Problem of you. Me and you, you and me. La Siréene...the final battle.

@MM:
You see a gargoyle perched atop an obelisk, waiting to attack.

@Sandru:
You are the first one upon the scene. You bump face-to-face with a spectral entity. It's a young man with crazed eyes, drenched in blood. His head hangs at an odd angle, dislocated and severed from its body. He carries a unique type of sword with a chain running around its edge. He floats a little off the ground.

Also, you see a gargoyle perched atop an obelisk, waiting to attack.

There is a revving sound, like an engine starting. Up ahead, two white lights flash like headlights and span the length of the fog.

Suggested music

This is the MAP. (Also posted on the 'campaign info' page.)

Roll initiative.

Caromarc - 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 1 = 13
La Siréene - 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 1 = 20
Ianez - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Phoebe - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Earth Elemental - 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Gargoyle high! And... ghost! Stay behind me, Phoebe...


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Feel free to roll Init for Sandru if you like, so you're not waiting on me. After posting, had an issue and couldn't get Init posted.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

@Network - Same goes for me with the Init; to keep the game moving forward.

Initiative:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


DM

Tiebreaker Caromarc - 1d20 ⇒ 5
Tiebreaker Quinn - 1d20 ⇒ 1


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


DM

@Sandru:
The ghost's head eerily rotates around on its neck. There is a healer, he says. He touches two fingers to his temple, and waves them towards Phoebe. The gargoyle next to you takes off.

The first gargoyle takes flight, flies off its obelisk, and lands next to Phoebe (I-8 to L-10). Kill those who help La Siréene! it drones in haunting monotone. The gargoyle clamps its burly arms around the oracle, and successfully grapples her! It prepares to fly away with its captive.

The second gargoyle twitches a bull-like nostril, flaps its wings, and dives towards Ianez (L-8 to M-10). It opens this battle with a preemptory swipe.

Ianez, take 3 damage.

It is Blackacre's turn.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre moves around G2 to N9, outside the circle!, calls forth Ragathiel's wrath i.e., applies the bane (monstrous humanoid) property, and takes a swing at it.

attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 17
damage: 1d10 + 1 + 6 + 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 6 + (1) + (1, 4) = 22

Not sure if my position counts as flanking - didn't have quite enough to get to the other side without provoking an AoO. If it does, outflank adds +4 to the attack roll and precise strike adds 1d6 ⇒ 2 damage.


DM

The gargoyle that attacked Ianez buckles beneath the furious whomp from Blackacre's sword.

I think you're flanking with Ianez. Gargoyle #2 takes 24 damage.

It's La Siréene's turn.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

La Siréene speaks, now once more an icy calm.

"You're warped, Endbringer. Before I destroyed you, you killed out of greed and arrogance. Now, you are delusional. I agree: Let’s put an end to this nonsense."

La Siréene moves up to the gargoyle grasping Phoebe, and spits venom in its eye, blinding and poisoning the monster.

1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 1 = 20

Blinded for 1 round, if a 20 hits its touch AC. DC 20 Fort Save or take 1d2 Con Damage (1d2 ⇒ 1 this round), frequency 1/round for 6 rounds as Black Adder Venom using the spell DC.

La Siréene moves back next to Caromarc.


DM

The gargoyle blinks as the venom burns its eyes, and starts to necrotize the surrounding tissue. The poison radiates in green-black splotches, forming a mask around both eyes. The beast rears its head back and roars in pain, with powerful, elegant movements even in the throes of agony. It maintains its grip on Phoebe. She is flung back and forth in the embrace of its arms.

Gargoyle #1 takes 1 Con damage, and is blinded.

It's Sandru's turn.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

The creature is graceful with its mighty wings and part of me is jealous.

We are the same you and me... made. Exist to protect! My anger is useless... my strength betrays me.

But maybe strength is not my strength. I step up, the thick mist like stairs. My cloak is not a pair of wings, but... From my higher position I lash out at the creature beneath me.

We will see who is the better... Gargoyle!

Attack1: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24
Damage1: 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (4, 2) = 15
Attack2: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19
Damage2: 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (5, 2) = 13

Girl! Phoebe... FLAME ON!

Grappled condition confers -4 Dex. If it moves Sandru should get an AoO. Sandru is arial. Either above G1, or north of it.


DM

The gargoyle's lips curl...twitching. It ducks. The creature is on the defensive. The red eyes, now burned over green-black, glare up at Sandru. But your ally bears down like an avalanche.

Gargoyle #1 takes 28 damage.


NPC

Phoebe shouts in indignation. "I ca...n't...Sa...ndr...u!" She reaches up backwards to claw at the gargoyle's eyes. Nevertheless, it pulls her shock of red hair and she can't break free of its hold.


NPC

The raspy see-saw breath once again. "Oh! You will pay, Siréene. Watch as I take them down one by one..."

The spectral form of Endbringer revs his sword, with loud chain links running along the outer edge. He circles, wheeling in maddening circles like a dervish, passing through one of the obelisks towards Blackacre (K-8 to N-8).

"BLOODBATH!" he caterwauls dementedly. The sword cuts horizontally with a blue ectoplasmic rrrrrrrrrr! through the torso of the inquisitor. There is no blood, but his skin pulls taut. Jagged...like serrated wounds.

Blackacre take 27 damage.

Sandru gets an AoO.

It is Ianez's turn.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

AoO Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
AoO Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 49


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

The inquisitor cries out as the Endbringer's sword digs into him.

GAA-aa-aaaHH!

Blackacre sets himself and yells, You will pay for this, ...freak!

Does Blackacre know something about what Endbringer might be? Making a couple of knowledge rolls, just in case...

know(religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
know(arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
know(nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
know(planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


NPC

Now everyone sees a spectral entity drifting in and out of the fog. It's a young man with crazed eyes, drenched in blood. His head hangs at an odd angle, dislocated and severed from its body. He carries a unique type of sword with a chain running around its edge. He floats a little off the ground.

When he spins towards Blackacre, the warrior's cutlass delivers a smarting reminder that he's right at his heels.

Endbringer takes 5 damage.

Endbringer's head eerily rotates around on his neck. He looks back over his shoulder at Sandru. Hey! You stepped on my tail! he caws, with a mad frown. He wags his forefinger. Naughty, naughty man-thing. He turns to Blackacre and glowers at him darkly, revving the chain on his weapon. La Siréene makes me so MAD so mad it makes my eyes BLEED! With that, his eyes gush blood, which runs down his cheeks.

The specter rotates his head completely backwards, 180 degrees, to stare at La Siréene. He cackles in a witchy laugh, and stomps, knees going high, in a weird high-step. Though Blackacre tries to plumb the mystery of this creature, he discerns naught except the feeling, as the unusual chained weapon passed through him, of the druid's mind emptying out into this chill night, teasing apart like cotton, thudding like a bad dream, warping into the atmosphere around them. La Siréene connected to Endbringer...Blackacre connected to La Siréene...Endbringer blurring his craziness into Blackacre's head.

Stop him...before you all go insane!

@Blackacre:
At this point, all you know is the obvious. Endbringer is incorporeal, which means he takes damage from spells and magic weapon attacks, but not normal ones. Also, if taken from corporeal sources, this damage is halved. He has at least one very damaging form of attack when he swings his chainsaw; this attack bypassed your armor (was a touch attack). Your gut confirms what La Siréene told you, that he is some sort of psychic entity. He appears similar enough to undead that maybe holy water might affect him. He flies, and might be able to pass through solid objects.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

There is a gargoyle between Ianez and the main target. Calling on the luck that's gotten him through so much, the archaeologist drives his sword into the winged statue. Chips of stone fly in a cloud from the point of impact.

Attack on G2: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
+1 Longsword damage on G2: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10

2,001 to 2,050 of 3,847 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.