Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


1,601 to 1,650 of 3,847 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Everybody, back up... as far as you can! I move towards the north wall.

@Finn, whisper:
Finn, your bow? Come, behind the fountain... cover.

Move to R6.


Kristoph turns to Gavin
"Come along and see how effective our quarantine team is! While this may look dangerous, I can assure you there is no risk at all!"


DM

The treant shakes its leaves, like an old fairytale creature, trying to hear what Sanders said to Finn. But it is unable to.

It's Finn's turn.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Finn takes his friends advice to move behind the foutain.

Finn cannot explain how he can run so fast. Strange memories begin to filter into his conscienceness, memories of training with bow and arrow. As he runs behind the fountain, a bow and quiver begins to materialize on his person. He runs to location O-9.


DM

It's Ivan's turn.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Gavin grinds his teeth and sets his jaw.

Exactly the sort of mayhem I warned you all about!


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Ivan strives to remember details about these great creatures before acting.

Knowledge (Nature) check, taking 10 gives a 19.


DM

@Ianez:
You recall preparing a lesson on plant morphology for your students...something about treants being vulnerable to slashing implements and also to fire.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

"Fire! Fire and axes, to fell so great a tree!"

Ivan invokes his luck, then steps forward (to P-15) and reaches into his satchel, drawing forth a flask which he then hurls at the oncoming treant. The flask bursts as it hits the tree, spewing flaming liquid down its branches.

Throw alchemist's fire at the treant, square J-15: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 - 4 = 8

Fire damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 +50% for vulnerability gives 8 points fire damage.


DM

The treant pats at the fire with its leafy branch arms. "Ow!" it says in its hollow voice.

The treant took 8 fire damage.

It's Kristoph's turn.


Following Sanders' shouter order, the construct moves to his side S6


"Indeed. Why don't we let the lads deal with it, Gavin."
Despite his protestations as to the perfect safety, Kristoph drags Gavin to the bench P6
Not sure if Gavin is fighting it. Given he's next, if he is he can shake Kristoph off and stay where he is(it isn't a grapple)


STATUE:?? BODY: 16/20 HP HP Per +11

Elspeth bobs high into the sky


DM

It is Gavin's turn.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Gavin watches the teacher throw his flask at the treant.

A bold move, to be sure. I cannot allow this man to face such a horror alone.

He shakes off Kristoph's advance. No, Kristoph. I intend to put an end to this particular experiment.

The inspector draws a long blade and strides toward K14 the rampaging shrubbery.

It is time to prune this madness! judging the treant (swift action) - I choose justice for +1 to attack, and will use judgment surge if Gavin understands that he can do such a thing, which makes the bonus +2.

attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 18
damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 + (3) = 15 plus 50% for vulnerability would make it 22 damage


DM

Gavin's blade hits hard, but his foe rallies with righteous indignation of its own.

Sorry Gavin, the judgment surge applied, but it wasn't quite enough to bypass the treant's thick bark.

The treant waves its branches in the direction of the back line of your party (Sanders, Kristoph, Gearbound Gardner). "Plant-friend, arise and fight with me!" In the growth behind them, a second tree's bark takes on knotted, vaguely humanoid features, with branches for arms and roots for legs. It begins to uproot itself from the ground!

The animated tree appears in a square from Q-2 through S-4. It will take this round to uproot itself, and then act with the treant on its turn next round.

It is Selena's turn.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

The tree, the tree is attacking...

Wait - I know this! I have knowledge of this creature!

Knowledge: Nature 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


DM

@Selena:
You are skilled in the ways of love...and war? You recognize the treant's subterfuge for what it is. If you incapacitate the treant, the tree that it has animated will immediately take root wherever it is and revert to its normal state.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Grasped by a sudden decisiveness, Selena steps forth to 15-R.

"Hear me! Away from the lesser tree, strike the greater one! The animated tree will fall if its creator does!"

...Where did that come from? How can I be so sure about anything regarding this horryfying creature? This monstrosity...

...It is dangerous, call a protector...

far less experienced than one might be in arguing with what must be one’s own thoughts, Selena raises her hand in equal shares awe and horror and chants
"Summon Nature's Ally... IV."


DM

It is Sanders's turn.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I withdraw, loping like an animal nearly crawling to behind Finn. If this new tree attacks me, at least I will have some cover.

Soften it up, Finn... I'll go in, but I won't last.

Withdraw action, to P8. Low wall affords any cover? If he crawls?


DM

The tree is totally preoccupied with uprooting itself from the ground. Sanders is able to gain some distance with relative ease.

It is Finn's turn.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Standing at his current spot Finn takes 3 arrows and launches towards the treant.

Flurry of Arrows #1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Flurry of Arrows #2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Flurry of Arrows #3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Damage from Arrow 1: 1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (1) = 10
Damage from Arrow 2: 1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (3) = 12


DM

Thwip, thwip, thwip! The first two arrows thunk into the treant, but the third sails wide. The gnarled surface of the creature provides resistance against the piercing arrows of Finn's assault.

The treant takes 2 damage.

It's Ivan's turn.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

This round, the treant takes another 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 HP, x50%, as the alchemist's fire burns out.

Ivan instinctively puts a hand to his side--where did that come from?--and draws a sword as he advances on the treant. Move to K-15, eating an AoO (I think). His blow sends shards of bark and wood spinning into the air.

Attack on treant: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21
Damage with longsword: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9


The gardener moves towards Sandru at full speed, then continues moving Run to F10
"Helping!" he announces


STATUE:?? BODY: 16/20 HP HP Per +11

High in the sky Elspeth bobs gently along, until she is 20 ft above the miscreant tree Not sure exactly how far she can go, would like to head towards J17


"Aagh! My landscaping!" Cries Kristoph as the tree behind him starts to pull itself out of the ground
"Gavin! Wait!" he calls as Gavin bolts into - not danger, certainly, but... he could be hurt by the gardeners, couldn't he. Sandru had a wicked ... Sandru?


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

you self-centred, obsessive madman. Your experiements are dangerous! Someone could be hurt! Do something!


Hurt? No... Couldn't hurt a child. Child... Selena!
Kristoph runs to R14


DM

The treant juts its branches towards the advancing teacher to ward off his blows.

Ivan takes 18 damage.

It gapes in shock as Ivan's sword cuts into its side.

The treant takes 9 damage (and additional 12 damage from the alchemical fire.)

The treant's eyes flash deep, emerald green. "You have done enough damage, little one!" It cranes the full weight of its branches around and bashes into its tiny attacker. Another huge thicket of branches follows around and thuds into Gavin too.

Ivan takes an additional 15 damage.
Gavin takes 13 damage.

The animated tree at the other end of the garden successfully tears itself out of the soil and shambles over to Sanders. It reaches forth and delivers a crushing blow.

Critical hit confirmed. Sanders takes 33 damage.

It's Selena's turn.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Oof. Does it take the additional 50% from fire damage?


DM

Sorry, didn't read closely. I edited the post. 12, right?


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Yep. No problem, it's a lot to keep track of. Speaking of which, I'd better edit my HP and make out my will.


NPC

Again, you all hear the little girl speak.

"I'll soothe Mr. Gastnicht's forehead with a damp cloth."


NPC

A second, different, yet similar voice responds. The tone is dubious.

"That won't comfort him much, if he becomes time-lost."


NPC

A third gruff voice interjects, "Pipe down, you two! They need to concentrate."


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

"...IV. What is...?"


HP: 63/63

A shape forms. A calm mind. Muscles, like steel wrapped in silk. This place. Little humans, milling about. A Masters command, ”Strike the tree.”

The shape, the mind, the muscles and the hundreds of kilos of roaring tiger leaps at the treant, ripping away bark and drawing large gashes in the trunk.

Summoned at 17-18;R-S, pounce attack to 17-18;H-I, Summoned Tiger's AC is now 12.

Bite Attack#1 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Claw Attack#1 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Claw Attack#2 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Bite Attack(Grab)#1 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Claw Attack(Grab)#1 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Claw Attack(Grab)#2 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

Bite Attack#1 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 = 10(Piercing damage)
Claw Attack#1 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11(Slashing damage)
Claw Attack#2 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11(Slashing damage)


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

As Selena raises her left hand, a massive, ferocious, horrifying yet graceful creature takes shape just a few feet away from her. She opens her mouth, as if to scream, but what comes out are the words "Strike the tree." in a calm voice. It does not even sound like an order - it sounds like a statement of fact.

Incidentally, the horrifying creature seemed to think of these words the same way, going from calm, still inactivity to roaring, raging, leaping incarnation of primal carnage, obediently attacking the first monstrosity ferociously.

Shock and wonderment fighting for attention in her mind, Selena slowly raises a hand towards the Treant, almost curiously."Flame?" A Flaming Sphere instantly appears, flames hungrily playing over the bark of the Treant.

Flaming Sphere, DC 19, 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6) = 15 fire damage (22 damage total after Weakness To Fire)

Now possessed by a strange, distant state of calmness, watching the gardener, the teacher, the orb of flame and the tiger rage at the strange tree, she turns to the person who has hurried to her side.

"Kristoph? What is the matter?" Who is this?


DM

The treant sees the tiger materialize and is confused. "Nature friend?" The summoned beast leaps on it, mauling it savagely. "AAAAGGHH!! NOT NATURE FRIEND! OW! OW! OW!"

The treant takes 32 damage.

Though the tiger is large, the immense height and girth prove too much for it; its forelegs can't get purchase around the trunk, allowing the treant to easily shrug off its attempted grapples.

The flaming sphere rolls past the creature. It manages to sway out of harm's way.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Round 3: It is Sanders's turn.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I withdraw eastward, watching events unfold... I am not needed and should remember to be more careful. Stupid...

Withdraw, 40 west.


DM

It is Finn's turn.


DM

Finn, post your turn when you can. Ivan can go ahead and post his turn now too.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Feeling the pain of the terrible wounds inflicted by the perilous plant, Ivan attempts to cast a spell while dodging, and succeeds. Casting invisibility, then moving back to N-16.

Concentration check (DC 19): 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 3 + 2 = 25
Stealth check, once invisible: 1d20 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 1 + 2 + 20 = 25


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Sorry all. Posting the from Kindle Fire does not work well. Pain in the ass. Was in a conference and when I got back to work Paizo was under maintenance.

Finn watches the events unfold, tiger attacking the tree and the flaming sphere scorching the tree's bark and limbs.

Finn draws back and ready to launch some more arrows. He then realizes that his previous barrage had very little effect on the tree creature.
"My attacks are total useless against this creature. Hey Sanders....what do you think we should do?

Finn withdraws in the same general location as Sanders. 50 foot move.


DM

@Finn - no prob!

It is Kristoph's turn.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I shake my head as I stare at the tree-thing. I hear Finn's question... I fear my own answer. Let it burn...


Per +11

"Burn?"


The Gardener stops, spins, walks H11[ooc], spins again like a top and walks up to the tree [ooc]H13. There he uses an inbuilt scythe to attempt to prune the tree.

power attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 damage+sneak attack 2d4 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 13 + (6) = 25

1,601 to 1,650 of 3,847 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.