Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


1,451 to 1,500 of 3,847 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

NPC

Paige leans in and pats Quinn's cheek. "Time will tell if your choice was wise, Muscles. I'm going home." She gathers her skirt, goes into the hall, opens the front door, and is gone.


DM

Sandru is able to make a ballpark guess how to twist the orb ever so lightly, to simulate Reeva's touch. The degree of rotation to use. He knows to slip a dagger's edge between the two hemispheres to balance against the pressure of his monstrous strength. The orb charges up with a high-pitched whine and is orbited by black, circling particles. The death energy runs down the sides. The pink glow recedes and the sphere becomes in his hand a cursed apple, a dehydrated shrunken head, the beating heart of an enemy ripped out as a war-trophy. Enervating waves lick against his hand, so icy it burns.

Then, it ricochets off his palm, passing back through the orb, and shoots a black bolt across the room into one of the walls where it is grounded. All that's left is a scorch mark beside one of the paintings.

The orb no longer glows pink or black energy. Now, it is just a steel ball. There's a click. The top half rotates and rises up slightly. Hello Reeva. Activation complete. The lid flips back like a music box. The interior looks like a hollowed out piece of fruit. Along the inside surface is small, ghostly blue lettering.

It reads -

Orb:
37 Clank Street, every other Oathday

Today is Oathday.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I rejoin the others... Holding out a steel ball. 37 Clank Street, every other Oathday. And, today is Oathday I think.

Let's get somewhere safe... Where's Paige?


DM

Blackacre looks skeptically at Quinn. "You're a good soul...a bit too trusting. If she betrays that it is on her head." He looks down the hall towards the interior of the mansion, and mind always working answers Sandru's question. "The sorceress is gone. Even though I don't have her to watch anymore, there's still odds-and-ends to stay and clean up. That'll be quite enough to keep me occupied."

Clank Street - Knowledge (local) DC 10:
Clank Street is nearby, several streets away. The sorcerers have engaged in a sly bit of misdirection. They relocated the key only a stone's throw away.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn responds, "Brother Blackacre.... I am no killer. Killing monsters is one thing. Killing humans is different. I offered her the chance to give up and I am honor bound to the promise I offerred her. We can not offord to take prisoners so the wisest choice was to let her go."

"Sandru, I took it upon myself to let the Carlisle witch go. I was not going to kill her and we got all the info we could from her. I offerred her the choice to come with us but she chose not to. We know what she is capable to do and we will be prepared if she ever crosses us."


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Clank Street isn't far...only a few streets over. Best we hurry."


DM

Blackacre listens to Quinn's explanation. "Monks!" he huffs. He turns to Caromarc. His usual manner is very direct; he doesn't know how to respond, how to not make things worse for him. "Hergelund's spy was taken by the head of the Salon. He teleported away with her." He looks around at the walls, agitated. He too is uncomfortable. Best to channel that into constructive energy.

"God help her now."

He takes his leave of you, and sets to work removing the dead sorcerers and clearing up the general mess of the battle.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc shudders and stands.

"Ianez, thank you. This could be very useful. It'll take me a little while to do this, and I need some peace. Sadly I don't know how much peace we'll get in this next little while. If we get, oh, 15 minutes or so then I will."


Per +11

"Sir, I'm currently running my motivator at a hundred and fifty percent full power. I can't do anything about that until the fuel I injected burns out, but may I request we either rest long enough for me to repair my motivator or go now"

@Network:
how many minutes since MM injected? Looks like there's been a few minutes of talking... Speaking of which, that chandelier is going to run out of levitate soon...


DM

@MM:
Approx 12-15 minutes.


DM

Does your party leave the Salon?


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

One vote in favor of leaving. We'll leave Blackacre to the search.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

two votes. Things need to be fixed here, but the city - perhaps even the world - is at stake!


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

sorry, thought out was a given


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

I vote out.

Quinn looks over at everyones condition. "How is everyone? We good to travel? Anyone need some healing?"


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I'm fine, Copper. If you want to do your trick I'll be scouting ahead. Exiting the mansion, I test my granted climbing ability. I climb up to a spot with a slanted roof. I'm starting to enjoy the rain as I look upward and outward.

I wait for the others. Perched, still... A gargoyle against the darkness.


DM

Your party crunches over broken glass and exits the way you came in.

Suggested sound effect

After the lush, languid interior of the Salon, the cold night air is invigorating. It feels odd; you entered as nine, and leave without the doctor and the inquisitor, and with Caromarc and La Siréene so dramatically changed. Yet, the collective mood seems to cheer "Onward...to the key!" and uncovering a vital clue to this whole mystery. Though weary from your fight with the sorcerers, this new leg of the journey is buoyant with high hopes and expectations.

The rain sheets down, a continual chill shroud. You leave Ashcaster Lane and make your way to Clank Street. It is easy to find. The street is paved with cobblestones in a state of disrepair. It is uneven and filled with potholes; you can't help but splash through deep puddles. Clank Street is staid and unremarkable with tall, brownstone buildings. Number 37 is several stories tall. There is a solitary light on in a second-floor window that is framed by heavy brocade curtains.

From time to time, you get the sense that you're being followed. An eerie feeling, the splash of a puddle... Sandru sees a shadow tumbling in and out of alleys. It is trailing your group.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Caromarc, any magical defenses?


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

the trick that Sandru stated is the casting of the Message spell, level 0 mage spell, onto him. this way I can hear him speak while he his scouting.

Quinn whispers to Sandru, "I think we are being followed. How about we set a trap?"


DM

The druid feels a cold wind bite her ears and creep across her face.

@La Siréene:
Hello, meat. I am back. Did you miss me, miss miss me? me?

Nowhere to hide, hide, hide.

I am coming for you, you, you...

Things are gonna work out different this time.


NPC

It's a replay of the first time you met. At least when most of you first met him.

"I hear ya," a gruff voice says from the darkness. "No need fer traps. Unless I'm the one settin' 'em. Which I usually am." This is followed by a wheezing cough. "Quinn, what kind of dainty lady clothes do yer have yerself all gussied up in now? Like I said before and I'll say it again. Yer a dunderhead."

The dwarf, Hergelund, hobbles out from a darkened alleyway. "Where is S?" he says. He gives a low whistle. "She didn't make it, did she?" His cheek twitches. "Those sorcerers, a bad lot they are."

"I am glad I caught up with ya. Did ya get the key?"


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I let the Copper deal with the crazed dwarf. Instead I case the lation, putting the new goggles to use.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Perception, extra +6 for secret/hidden, +8 for traps.: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
38 hidden/secret, 40 traps.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn, upon reflex, draws on the bow towards the dwarf then immediately lowers his weapon once he realizes who it is. "These clothes were a disquise to enter into the Salon, Short Stack. Anyway, you missed all the fun with the sorcerers. We had some casualities." The monk points to Lady La Sireene and Master Caromarc.

"S was taken by Ludo. She is alive for now. Two of their sorcerers are dead and we captured and questioned the other one. We let her go once we realized we got everything from her. I wasn't going to walk around with a prisoner. Two of us stayed back at the Salon to do some clean up."

"As for the key, well.... it's suppose to be somewhere in there." Quinn points to the house marked as 37 Clank Street.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Once he has finished straightening up, Blackacre makes himself invisible and sneaks around for a few minutes, looking for S, Ludo, and what might be left of Volst before he heads out to meet the team.

Stealth (+20 for invisibility): 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (13) + 29 = 42


DM

Sandru slinks over rooftops strong-limbed, like a panther. He is unseen to monsters in the streets, and fortunately the odd monster in the sky is otherwise busy or doesn't seem to care. An ominous shadow, all wings and claws, flies erratically across the faint outline of the moon; it's enough of a reminder to Sandru to stay low to the ground, or in this case, to the rooftops.

@Sandru:
You see the upper-half of a torso, ragged, with its spine trailing after it, dragging itself slowly down the end of the road. You see a green, glowing witchfire floating gracefully in-and-out between lampposts. You spy a humongous ettin as it lumbers past Clank Street. It continues on to streets just beyond this, smashing and leaving a path of destruction in its wake.

However, nothing turns down Clank Street. At least for now, it knows a tentative peace.

______________________________

It looks like water cascades over Blackacre, erasing him until there's just the faint outline of his form. Walls behind him are visible through where he used to be.

@Blackacre:
Your search does not reveal Ludo or S. When you inspect (from behind the barricade) the room where Volst used to be, you see sorcerers and teeming undead. But Volst himself is no longer in sight.


NPC

"The shocking thing is not those two over there" Hergelund says, jerking a thumb towards Caromarc and La Siréene, "but that the key is in there and yer all just standing around out here! What are ya waitin' fer? This ain't an official police investigation!"


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

"Sandru is scouting the area. There's too much at stake to act hastily, wouldn't you say?"


NPC

"A point is a point," Hergelund replies, and stands akimbo with his hands on his bulky little hips.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

"Sandru is the point man in this operation. He is scouting the area and will be the 1st one to go into the building to determine if there are any traps."

"Hey Herge, you acting a little anxious for this key."


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

@Network:
Since Sandru can scale the building, can he peek into that afore mentioned window?


NPC

Hergelund's face turns red as he chokes back expounding at length his opinion about Quinn's comment.


DM

@Sandru:
Yes.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Window
Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25


DM

Sandru scales up the wall of the brownstone under the effects of spider climb without incident.

@Sandru:
Through the window, you see what looks like a young girl's bedroom. The furnishings are simple and few. There is a bed with a white down quilt with a border of roses on it, a nightstand with an oil lamp, a rocking chair, and a teacup and saucer set. The floor is hardwood.

There are scorch marks around the edge of the window and on the windowsill, as if there had once been a fire.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

@Network:
Does a perceived incongruity allow for a Will Save to disbelieve, see through a suspected illusion? Please roll in secret. His cunning thinks this is a "honey pot". A false image.

Edit: Perception, trapped window... Boom: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33


DM

@Sandru:
The bedroom seems real, not an illusion. The window isn't trapped.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I return.

Through the window, I saw what looks like a young girl's bedroom. The furnishings simple and few. There is a bed with a white down quilt with a border of roses on it, a nightstand with an oil lamp, a rocking chair, and a teacup and saucer set. The floor is hardwood.

There are scorch marks around the edge of the window and on the windowsill, as if there had once been a fire. Maybe the girl is dead. Something isn't right.

Let's check the entrances for wet footprints, maybe Paige Carlisle came here. Any suggestions?


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

As requested, the now monstrous Earl searches for traces of magic
cast detect magic


DM

@Caromarc:
You detect the aura of a strong spell affecting the entire brownstone at 37 Clank Street. You detect two smaller auras inside the brownstone. One is faint. The other one is stronger and is the source of the emanation affecting the building.

The intensity of the two small auras grows stronger, then weaker, then stronger again, then weaker again...like a signal tuning in and out.

Make a Knowledge (arcana) check.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

This is what we got from the sorcerers. Maybe I was wrong in using the boots and goggles. It's been bothering me.

I crouch to the balls of my feet, unpacking everything... I take the goggles off, toss then into the pile. I take off the boots, replacing them with my own original ones.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn says to Sandru,"Hey Sandman, why aren't you using the new items? I think it becomes you."


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc pauses
"I sense there is a strong aura on the building... coming from an aura inside. There is a weaker aura inside as well. They're growing stronger... stronger... diminishing now..."

Network:

Can I identify the strong aura on the building with Spellcraft? 1d20 + 16 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 16 - 1 = 27


Per +11

I think the items were identified and enumerated
"Mr Sandru, you seem the one best able to sue such paraphernalia, so why not keep them? The bead might work for Mr Quinn, given his fondness for taking prisoners. As the only member of the group for whom petrification is not an issue it might be best to keep the salve on my person. Perhaps the bag could go to Mr Ianez?"


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I shrug. The items are the group's. I took them because I stripped the bodies and they seemed to enhance my strengths. The goggles helped me deal with the orb. The boots, I haven't used.

The group should decide.


DM

@Caromarc:
The spell is divine magic radiating outward from...almost a property of...something or someone.

To determine the school of magic involved, you need a Knowledge (arcana) check.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Network:

Knowledge: Arcana 1d20 + 16 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 16 - 1 = 32


DM

@Caromarc:
The strong aura on the building is a transmutation spell. Of the two smaller auras in the building, one of them is also transmutation, and the other one is evocation.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Network:
Nameless. And he clearly has knowledge beyond that he had before his death. Damn.

La Siréene, strangely enough, appears somewhat distracted. ”As far as I am concerned, Sandru, you may take these items. That which we have no use for, we might later sell to Madchën Sabina.”


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

"I agree with La Siréene. If you can use the items, do so; I'm not about to argue about shares at a time like this."


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

"Sandy-man, the boots are yours. You have fallen into the role of scout. If the boots can improve your scouting skills then take it."

1,451 to 1,500 of 3,847 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.