Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


101 to 150 of 3,847 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

DM

Hareton - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
5 zombies - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


DM

Turn order:

1.Hareton
2. Sandru
3. La Siréene
4. Mechanical Manservant
5. 5 zombies (I will post their moves together)
6. Darious
7. Blackacre
8. Ianez
9. Caromarc


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

@Network - Can we consider Sandru, delaying his action? So, if he needs to interupt the Zombie action... he can? After all, he's being protective (free safety, for you football fans) not a slacker!


DM

The chase begins with a 'sudden start', meaning everyone begins at the same starting point. The base speed of the chase is 30 feet. There are 10 obstacles during the chase.

Remember these salient points (from pf ref doc) --

1. Using the base assumption of 30-foot 'cards', it takes a move action to move through a single card. When a character exits from a card, he must choose one of that card's two obstacles to face as a standard action before moving to the next rectangle. Success means the character moves to the next , while failure means the character must face the obstacle again on the next round.

2. Instead of exiting a card, a character can choose to take another action not directly related to navigating the chase's course, such as casting a spell or drawing a weapon. If the action is a full-round action, he can't move at all. Use the number of cards and their established distances to determine ranges. A character can only choose to make melee attacks against targets that are on the same card.

3. A character who wants to attempt to move 3 cards during his turn can do so by taking a full-round action. That character must overcome both obstacles on the card he is leaving. In this case, if a character fails either obstacle check by 5 or less, he only moves one card forward and his turn ends. If a character fails either obstacle check by more than 5, he cannot move at all that turn. (A character who is mired must spend another full-round action becoming unmired and effectively loses his next turn in the chase.)


DM

@Sandru - fixed.


DM

The door at the far end of the Reaper's wing is 30 feet away. It is jammed shut. The zombies that got past the wall start to swarm around you. (Since the race is a 'sudden start', you and the zombies are all near each other in the same area.)

Obstacle #1:

Option 1 - Make an Acrobatics check of 20 or more to vault over the zombie hospital patients. (If you make this check, it will be assumed you safely wait near the door until it is opened and can pass through it);

or

Option 2 - Make a Fortitude save of 15 or more to bash open the stuck door with your shoulder. The first person to make this check has the option of forfeiting their next turn to hold the door open for other players, allowing them to bypass this first obstacle completely.

In the alternative, you can attempt both checks, or, of course, you can just choose to attack a zombie.


NPC

Move action: none. Standard action: Recklessly, Hareton attacks Zombie 1 (out of 5) with a surgical scalpel. 1d20 ⇒ 18 . Zombie 1 takes 1d4 ⇒ 4 damage.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I realize what I need to do... The door! Smashing it open, I hold my position and wait for the others to pass.

MOVE!

Fort Check DC 15 = 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


DM

A zombie takes an attack of opportunity at Sandru. @ Sandru - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14. It misses.


DM

*Revised* Turn order

1.Hareton
2. Sandru
3. La Siréene
4. Mechanical Manservant *
5. 5 zombies (I will post their moves together)
6. Darious
7. Blackacre
8. Ianez
9. Caromarc

* @Caromarc - I'm thinking the mechanical servant might have trouble making the skill checks in this chase. Therefore, as a default, we will assume he is moving with you. Successful skill checks for you can apply to him also. As default, post for your servant and PC together on Caromarc's turn (you can describe them taking separate actions, but post all of them on Caromarc's turn.) If you would like the servant to take any separate actions that are significant to gameplay, you can either post for the servant in his actual turn order after La Siréene, or we can describe and resolve them in as retroactively occurring fourth in the order of initiative, as necessary.


The nurse has fallen. A shame. She might have been useful for the purpose of information. However, My intuition was right- it was a good choice to trust the creature, Sandru.

"Please, do not be alarmed." As La Siréene speaks, Nameless shifts from the form of La Siréene to the manifestation of nameless that is the dark merfolk, then swims through the air past the open door, carrying with her Hareton, whom she never released the grip upon. In her inhuman, guttural tones, she exclaims; "Doctor. Your mission is not to terminate the unliving. It is to save the alive. "

Extended Sky Swim has 12 minutes duration and we have barely done anything but speak, so I assume it is in effect. If you insist it is not, she instead casts Longstrider once past the door. Standard Action: Alter Self as Supernatural ability, no AOO. Move Action: going past the open door, treating Hareton as baggage. If he fights back and forces a Grapple check, she'll release her grip.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

AoO's, that's just nasty.


DM

Zombies 2 and 4 pursue La Siréene and Hareton through the door in a loping frenzy. Zombie 5 starts to follow, but pulls up short, too distracted by the scent of fresh brains of the living who are still in the room.

Zombie 1 attacks Darious. It bites him and confirms a critical hit. It also lands a successful slam attack.
@ Darious - take 13 pts of damage. Roll a Fortitude save.

Zombie 3 attacks Blackacre. It bites him.
@ Blackacre - take 5 pts of damage. Roll a Fortitude save.

@ La Siréene:
Extended Sky Swim is still in effect. Hareton allows you to carry him. He seems to be thinking upon your advice.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Does Sandru get to exact AoO's? He's waiting by the door as they pass, after PCs. Or will his bite attack (Toothy) get him infected?


DM

Sandru can attempt attacks of opportunity on Zombies 2 and 4 as they pass him, but yes his bite attack would possibly get him infected (depending upon a Fortitude save.)


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Does Sandru lose his whole turn or can he at least draw his cutlass? Typically, a free action with a move.


DM

He can draw his cutlass, but he can't move or attack.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I draw my sword as the others pass. I cannot bite the tainted ones. Grrr...


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

network: understood. Sounds great, thanks :) I


DM

Darious throws himself through the open door Sandru is holding.

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26. He is resilient and shakes off the contagion of the zombie bite.

It is Blackacre's turn.

Because Sandru is holding open the door, the PCs remaining in the room all can use a move action to exit through the door, and they still get a standard action. The test is automatically passed.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Blackacre takes a two-handed swing at the zombie that attacked him (standard action), then spins and races for the open door move action.

attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12
damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12


DM

@Blackacre - You too throw off the contagion, but your attack does not seem to harm the zombie.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 1:

Shaking himself from his too-brief mourning for his family, Ianez calls upon the luck that's seen him through so many tight spots before and tries to vault over the zombies between him and the door so helpfully held by Sandru. Unfortunately, he slips on the takeoff, and will have to deal with the sundry zombie AoOs coming his way. (Current AC 18; he doesn't have his shield out.)

DC 20 Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11

Also, Darious--twin rapiers? You do know that by RAW you're taking an extra -2 to hit with both of them for not wielding a light weapon in your off hand, right? Shortswords or kukris are better choices; shortsword has 1 less point of crit range than a rapier and kukri does 1d4 vs. rapier's 1d6, but -2 to hit more than makes up for those differences.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

[edit: forgot had cast shield]
Caromarc moves through the door, incanting as he goes.
cast Ear-piercing scream 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 6) = 8 Fort save DC 17


Per +11

This Manservant steps through the door, but not before elegantly stabbing a zombie that attacked Sandru with a sharpened component.
Attack Zombie with Dagger. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Move action through door.
"Do hurry, Sir."

Sandru:

One of the Manservant's eye-lights flickered in what almost look liked a wink, but was probably a malfunction.


DM

note: Ianez has escaped through the door.

The ear-piercing scream spell leaves the zombies unphased.

It was Zombie 1 who took the 6 points of damage from the mechanical servant's dagger.


DM

As Ianez stumbles on his way out the door, one of the zombies notices the last tasty morsels are escaping from the building, and swipes a claw at him. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18. Ianez takes 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage.

The party escapes the roomful of zombies. They emerge into a dark alley behind the hospital. The eaves and overhangs of the buildings high overhead provide shelter from the pouring rain. But even here there is a miserable drizzle; the alley is drenched and full of puddles. The sound of their flight is a lonely splashing mixed with the slavering grunts of their pursuers.

The others see the Merperson up ahead carrying Hareton. Two undead bear down on them. Up ahead, there is a large drainage pipe.

Obstacle #2:

Option 1 - Make a Climb check of 20 or more to climb up the drainage pipe to the roof;

or

Option 2 - Make a Perception check of 25 or more to notice a small black wrought-iron basket attached to pulleys, used as a fire escape. If you make this check, you may ascend in the basket.

In the alternative, you can attempt both checks, or you can just choose to attack a zombie.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Ianez drops his Archaeologist's Luck, but thanks to the Lingering Performance feat its effects persist for another two rounds*. The sky is doing my mourning for me. Good thing; if I don't stay sharp I'll die fast. He easily shinnies up the rain-slicked pipe to the roof.

Perception check to notice basket: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 2 = 18

The dice module hates me. Climb check: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26

*No lie, that's the way it works. Kind of makes Lingering Performance a feat tax for archaeologist bards, but there it is.


DM

Ianez notices the fire escape basket and will use it to get to the roof (in turn order, meaning he doesn't leave the alley until after the zombies, Blackacre, etc. get their turns.)

@Ianez - because you attempted both checks, and didn't make one by less than 5, you will move forward one card this round.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

What are Sandru's options... "losing his turn"? At this point, he's got cutlass drawn.


NPC

Hareton looks up anxiously at Merperson. A zombie clutches at his ankle. He gives it a savage kick. His heel bashes into the zombie's face, but doesn't do any damage.

He notices the fire escape basket, drops from Merperson's grasp, and climbs inside.


DM

@Sandru - You forfeited moving forward (there had to be a tradeoff for letting everyone else bypass the check), but for this round I'll say that you can attack the three zombies that are still in the room with you if you want.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Same Zombie 1 as C3PO, I mean the Mechanical Manservant, if I can. otherwise, closest.

Growling, I try to stop one of the monsters.

Attack Zombie 1 (or closest), 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 + 1 = 15, 2-Handed.
Damage Zombie 1 (or closest), 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8, 2-Handed.


DM

The zombie explodes in a burst of decay!

@Sandru - make a Fortitude save.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

You gotta be scattin' me!

Fort Save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

EDIT: Immune for 24 hours?


DM

The half-orc is splattered with gore, but steels himself against the contagion.

@Sandru - unfortunately, noooo....


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

You're immune to further infection, but only from that zombie....


DM

correction - earlier, I said Ianez used the fire escape, but he made the check to climb the drainpipe. So, he made the check anyway but what I wrote was incorrect.


Male Elf Ranger 6

*attacks a zombie with his rapiers with defensive fighting*

without focus:
omitting weapon focus | inserting weapon fines

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 121d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

seeking to crit:
18 - 20 x 2

If Hit:
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

If Crit (or attack?):
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Elf Ranger 6

*hits for a critical*

strike:
[12][dmg]

*looks expecting decapitation of said zombie*


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Hate to be the party pooper, I have a cutlass and a high crit threat range myself! But, undead are typically immune from Crits. These lil' bastards are probably the worst thing Sandru could be fighting. Besides that Dragon-thingy.


1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25Perception check to see where Hareton went off to.

Of the ground, onto the roof, then? Very well. Seems the Doctor has decided to live, in the end. Fortunate. Who else requires my help getting unto the roof the most? Ah- Caromarc. Well, he is an interesting individual. Worth keeping around.

Having noted that Hareton seems to have found himself a way onto the roof, the manifestation of Nameless reaches out and cast her spell on Caromarc. Spider Climb. Get up on the roof, Caromarc. With these deep, inhuman words, she slithers through the air up to the rooftops.

Spider Climb, No checks necessary to traverse vertical or horizontal surfaces.


DM

@Caromarc re: ear-piercing scream attack.

Zombie 3 rolled Fortitude 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 and took 8 points of damage.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Rapiers are also piercing weapons, not slashing, which would make a decapitation rather impressive ;-).


DM

After Hareton and La Siréene, it is the zombies' turn.

Zombie 2 drags itself up the drain pipe, beady red eyes hunting after La Siréene. Its arms are taut, sinewy. It scales the pipe like a rabid orangutan. The scrape of its claws the stuff of nightmares...

Zombie 3 sees that one lags behind. The half-orc destroyed one of its kind, but that only strengthens the gnaw of the hunger - the half-orc is left alone in the room...it has its victim all to itself. It lunges at Sandru and bites his arm. Sandru takes 8 damage.

@Sandru - roll a Fortitude save.

Zombie 4 attacks Darious. It tries to bite him, but is too slow for the elf's graceful reflexes. Enraged, it makes two quick slam attacks and tries to grab him. Darious ducks and evades the grab, but one slam hits. Darious takes 4 damage.

Zombie 5 lopes on all fours out of the hospital, through the alley, and up the drain pipe onto the roof.
____________________

Darious comes back at Zombie 4 with a riposte. He (impressively) slices his blades in an 'X' and decapitates the head off the zombie. It explodes in a burst of rotten goo.

@Darious - roll two Fortitude saves.

____________________

It is Blackacre's turn.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre mutters to himself, flicks his fingers, lengthens his stride, and begins to take off down the alley at exceptional speed.

Standard action to cast expeditious retreat (+30' speed, so +6 to chase checks for the next six minutes). Unless I am mistaken, that means no pipe climbing or fire escape.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Fort Save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


DM

Sandru resists the contagion.

At this point, Ianez climbs up the pipe. Now it is Caromarc's turn.


Per +11

Caromarc's Manservants steps over to the wall, and with a faint whirr barely audible over the falling raindrops, slowly and gracefully begins to rise in the air
Standard action to cast levitation. Move action to advance through card? 20ft up of levitation as a move action.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Nodding thanks to ... the fish thing ... Caromarc starts to move, then realises that for whatever reason he is temporarily safe from Zombies.

Caromarc closes his eyes.

Yes. The void is close here. The barrier whisper-thin.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a stub of candle, lights it and starts chanting.
"Servant of the Light. Assist us!"
Summon Monster III: Lantern Archon. 1 round casting time. Extended with rod (15 rounds duration?)

101 to 150 of 3,847 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.