Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


1,251 to 1,300 of 3,847 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

DM

As Quinn romances Paige, the light in the hallway flickers a little. There is a slight breeze in the air, the tinkling of chandeliers. If Quinn was to notice this, Paige would hug him around the neck and passionately kiss him full on the mouth. (All the while keeping her eyes open to watch the others sneakily pass.)

Sandru briefly sees a shadow move out of the corner of his eye. Something fleeting, strange...light hitting his retina and then side-stepping to a blind spot when he turns to look. Appearing again, then side-stepping away.

Blackacre is too focused on the attack on La Siréene to perceive much else.

Try as he might, Ianez can't squint hard enough to perceive the haunted spirits that destroy his friend. But as he happens to be looking across the room, he sees the watery outline of shapes, human-looking shapes in fact, sneak in from the hallway up to Hareton and S.

It's about at this point that the sorcerers reveal themselves. I edit my previous narrative to say that, while invisible, Ludo positioned himself behind S (instead of teleporting over to her, which reduces the number of actions he took).


DM

@La Siréene:
The afterlife dims around you. Soon, it goes pitch black.

A large white light clicks on flooding your vision. You are lying on your back on a narrow table, held down by leather straps along your arms and legs, and metal clamps around your wrists, ankles, and waist. The bright light shines directly into your eyes. Someone speaks. It is a man's voice.

"La Siréene? Are you awake? Can you hear me?"

You cannot move or turn your head to see the speaker.

@Caromarc:
You see the substance of La Siréene's spirit thin out and wander off into the darkness.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Network:
What do you know. I should have memorized Freedom of Movement today. I knew I was forgetting something. Oh well. There are ways around forgetfulness, however. If only I can reach my spell component pouch... just need to keep him talking.

Is La Siréene's spell component pouch within La Siréene's reach? Is the table metal or wood? What appearance does the ceiling have? How well does the bindings fit her?

Seeing no reason not to respond to someone obviously alert of La Siréene's condition, she answers in her calm tones.”Correct on all three. Well done. You’ll have to forgive me my ignorance; are you and I on a first name basis?”


DM

@La Siréene:
The speaker doesn't respond immediately. Silence... Most of your clothes and personal items aren't with you, and you're swathed in bandages. You can feel the metal table beneath you, hard, and cold. The bindings are tight.

More silence. The light is blinding. You can't see the ceiling. Then, the voice again.

"I know who you are. Is the light too bright for you?"

"What is this?

You feel a tug at your neck. You can't see, but it must be your pendant. You're still wearing it.

La Siréene, since you are doing RP during this battle, you can do a couple of posts each round. (I'll start Ianez in the meantime to keep things moving, but you can still do a second post this round.)

So, I guess the battle begins? If so, Ianez it's your turn.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Network, La Siréene:

"Noooo! Don't go! Hold on! I can save you! JUST GIVE ME TIME!"

Once again Caromarc is too late to stop one of his comrades dying.

"Goodbye madameouselle. I shall miss you."

Just give me... one action... Damnit La Siréene, why'd you have to roll so well on init! I'll miss you too!


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

repost, so it doesn't get lost...

The liar is dead? I will not believe it. She lies to survive, even if she does enjoy it too much. Her strength is survival. Nothing here is better at that, except maybe... me.

She changes what she is to survive. I become more of what I am. Always the same. Always Sandru. Always the same, but always better than before. Like a butterfly.

Split up... Stop their magics.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Reposting as well...

Quinn releases the Glamer and as a result reveals his true appearance. "Maybe you recognize me now!" Bald head, scar over the eye and monk robes and let's not forget the bow in his left hand and arrows in his right.

He says to Paige "I offer you the chance to surrender or else."


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Caromarc, Network:
Previously, while La Siréene was Fading:

As La Siréene is starting to fade, her heart beats faster, trying to get some last activity before the end, her breath unsteady and strange. For the first time since Caromarc has known her, she registers shock.”This... it appears this is it. I never even considered this a possibility.” As she is almost gone, almost out of this world, she remembers herself and gives Caromarc her usual smile, a social gesture designed to calm. "There is no time, dear. Goodbye. I shall miss-" La Siréene voice becomes as insubstantial as her body, and her end is final.

Network:
Or maybe not so final...

I've died twice now. I am tenacious, aren't I...

La Siréene inspects her form, especially the bandages, as closely as she is able under the circumstances, wondering at their purpose. As she does, she keeps talking in calm, distant, friendly tones.

"It’s a bit bright, yes. The object’s Olivia's Heart. I saved a man tonight – both spiritually and physically - this memory of a dead loved one was his thanks. “She pauses a moment before adding "Thank you for letting me keep it. It is a comfort. “ As she says it, she is sure it will come out a lie, but realizes what she says is true. The pendant is a comfort.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

The following should have been included in the above post. I am not sure why it was not.

Network:

Most of her clothes are gone? How clothed is she? Is she decent?

Think rationally. Analyze the situation. That felt similar to passing in and out of consciousness. Has time passed? Was I transported from one place to another, instantly? Did I disappear and was reformed? Died and resurrected? Hm. As always, spells are the answer, or at least one of them. Less than an hour has passed, since this active effect only lasts 70 minutes, even if I am in the habit of reforming it regularly before it goes out. Some, if not conclusive, evidence that I can trust my senses, at least.


DM

@La Siréene:
She is bare except for the bandages, which cover her completely, and the pendant.

"I'll turn it down." The light dims just enough for you to see the ceiling above you, still in gray and black tones that are muddied. Impossible to make out any distinct shapes. You hear zapping. High-voltage, low-current, alternating currents of electricity. There's also the sound of liquid bubbling and the hissing of gas. Something heating on a burner.

More silence. The man speaks again. "You're probably wondering what happened to you exactly. It is..." a long, thoughtful pause "...difficult to explain. You are dead. But I was able to find you and bring you here before it was too late. I'm glad I did. By the time I found you, there wasn't much left...of you...for me to work with. That might be painful for you to hear, but it's true."

Now that the light is dimmer, you see out of the corner of your eye beakers and flasks filled with glowing green and purple fluids. A figure stands at your side, a man in a dark, hooded robe. "You've been displaced out of space and time. You don't exist in your world as you used to." A pause. "Yet, interestingly, you took this shape. Maybe it comes back to you as a memory stored in your brain. Something comfortable, familiar. Who knows? You've always been a mysterious creature."

You feel a needle jabbed into your wrist and another one in your neck. This is followed by the insertion of tubes. There is discomfort, but not necessarily pain. The hooded figure twists a valve, and glowing green liquid runs down the tubing towards you.

"Now, lie back and relax," the hooded figure intones. "Don't worry. We have the power to make you better."

"I'm going to make you better right now."


DM

This has also been posted on the 'campaign info' page.

MAP (The Salon)
MAP (The Vault)

Turn order:
1) La Siréene (RP/narrative)
2) Ianez
3) Paige
4) Quinn
5) Caromarc (& Mechanical Manservant, Elspeth)
6) Melanie
7) Dex
8) Sandru
9) Blackacre

It's Ianez's turn.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Network:
The words spin in the mind of La Siréene - or, as the suspicions scream inside, Nameless - echoing inside the mind as it considers the plausibility of a possibility that was, until this very moment, unthinkable.

"there wasn't much left...of you...for me to work with"...well, there was never much of Nameless to live with, was there... "You've been displaced out of space and time."... And now, it no longer exist as a physical thing... "You don't exist in your world as you used to."... Which would mean that what there is, is a mind..."Yet, interestingly, you took this shape."... A mind with some unshakable ideas about reality and a willpower unimaginable... "Maybe it comes back to you as a memory stored in your brain. Something comfortable, familiar."...And one idea it desperately wanted to be real... "Who knows? You've always been a mysterious creature."

"Complicated, tenacious and in possession of considerable willpower and force of mind, I'll give you."

"Nhh!" The mind moans, as the needles enter its body. The incredible, incredible possibility presenting itself, the mind does not resist, but asks the question screaming in its mind, voice shaking; "C-can you …”Short, hesitant pause, as if it was almost afraid of the answer, ” can you give this mind, this memory without a body - the body of La Siréene?


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 1:

Status:

HP: 47/47 AC: 20+2 Conditions: Lingering archaeologist's luck

Ianez wrenches himself out of his focus on the druid's untimely death and moves up and around on the pair of sorcerers (moving to AJ-24), buckler raised defensively and sword drawn.


NPC

Paige smirks at Quinn. "You're just one of those guys who thinks..." she casts mirror image and unfolds like paper dolls into 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 copies of herself "...he can get all all the girls the girls?" The Paige(s) lift their skirts and tumble down the hall towards the balcony (to W-17).

Quinn's turn.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Network:

Caromarc is thinking about going back, and vaguely about sending summoned critters back. He's used the trip one way, and seen La Sirenee use it fromt here, so hopefully has some idea of what's happening (and he's a lot smarrer than me!) Knowledge Planes, Knowledge Arcana and Spellcraft are all +16, so 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29.
Q:How do I get back, can I send/take summons with me?


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

"You should have surrendered. You are a threat that must delt with."
Quinn targets from left to right and launches a trio of arrows towards Paige.
If allowed to do this.

Flurry of Arrow #1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Flurry of Arrow #2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Flurry of Arrow #3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Damage from Arrow #1: 1d8 + 5 + 1d8 ⇒ (8) + 5 + (8) = 21
Damage from Arrow #2: 1d8 + 5 + 1d8 ⇒ (7) + 5 + (3) = 15
Damage from Arrow #3: 1d8 + 5 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (8) = 17


DM

@Caromarc:
The energies in the room warp any summoning. If you do summon creatures in the vault, you intuit that you'd summon corporeal or incorporeal undead under your control, same as a summon monster spell. You do not know which particular undead would be summoned, but they would have an CR equivalent to your usual summoned creatures. This is a unique practice that is well-known (but only sometimes mastered) by wizards who specialize in necromancy.

As for how you get back, it's as simple as walking back through the fireplace!


NPC

The first arrow shoots down the hall, but catches torque so that it misses the sorceress and her duplicates. It nicks the ear of the image on the left...which doesn't flinch as one normally would. Quinn is able to tell that it's an illusion. It winks out.

The second arrow pierces the image on the right. The image wavers like a signal tuning out. It also disappears.

The third arrow hits the real Paige square in the abdomen. She staggers back a step. "Unh!" She cricks her neck, wrenches out the arrow, and flings it aside. "Really?" she says. "That was your best shot? Don't make this too easy for me."

She wriggles her fingers to cast another spell.

Paige takes 17 damage.

It is Caromarc's turn.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

@Network:
As an idea occurs to him, Caromarc runs full tilt towards the fireplace, orb in hand.makes it?


Per +11

The manservant calmly grabs a loose tube on his torso and hooks it into a discrete recessed plug. He then walks calmly but quickly past Paige to V16, before swivelling and sidestepping to stand behind her.to W16

@Network:
This will provoke an AoO from Paige. Given she looks harmless physically, this seems reasonable to MM. standard action is to activate the MM's mutagen - this seemed more "mechanical". Also steampunked the feral mutagen, below. Weapons described are claws and teeth mechanically. Augmenting Strength.

Slowly a thick blue-black liquid oozes through the tube into the plug. A second after he stands behind Paige his system freezes momentarily and his eye-lights blink out. There is a sudden, high-pitched whine rising into inaudibility. His eye-lights switch to bright, bright blue. All manner of sharp tools deploy from his hands, rendering them into bright, shiny, razor sharp brass claws. His faceplate cracks down the middle, slides in half and a large serrated circular saw blade emerges, spinning up as he slowly faces Paige.


STATUE:?? BODY: 16/20 HP HP Per +11

Elspeth can feel her mind slipping away as her bond with Caromarc starts to fade. Horrified and terrified she is broken out of her reverie when the sorcerers break in. With an inaudible scream she flashes towards Melanie, quick as thought.
Charge Melanie. 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 incorporeal touch attack 1d6 ⇒ 4 strength damage. Theoretically Melanie might get an AoO if she is (A) not flat footed and (B) has a prepared weapon capable of damaging an incoporeal creature.


DM

@Caromarc:
Earl J V Caromarc wrote:
As an idea occurs to him, Caromarc runs full tilt towards the fireplace, orb in hand.makes it?

Yes.


DM

@Caromarc:
You pass through the door to the vault; as it closes behind you, the flames of the fireplace reignite and flare up in a blaze. The world around you regains color. Your spirit returns fully into your body. In the short term, this will feel like you received a thump on the head and was out cold for a few minutes.

The necrotic energy subsides from Caromarc's body. For the first time since he crossed into the vault, a normal-looking blush returns to his pale skin. The black in his veins returns to blue.

Caromarc emerges from the vault and returns to his body at AP-21.


NPC

Melanie sees Elspeth slither across the room and braces herself. Melanie takes 4 strength damage.

"Too bad I didn't have that 'rip your eyes out' spell finished yet to use on you all!" she snarls. She smiles wickedly. "But perhaps that works to my advantage."

Dex looks away. Lady Foxglove concentrates, reaches out with splayed fingers, and casts pyrotechnics. The hearth explodes in a burst of fireworks! They pop like firecrackers, sending flashing, fiery, colored aerial lights whizzing out in every direction. She squints, resisting the effects of the magical light.

Sandru, Blackacre, Caromarc, Ianez, and Elspeth each make a Will save.


NPC

After the flash of pyrotechnics, Dex returns his gaze to the room. "Die!" he roars. He whips an arm and points his index finger. A glowing, pea-sized bead of fire appears at his fingertip and streaks across the room towards the men standing at the fireplace. It sails between them, blossoms into a fireball, and detonates with a low roar into a searing explosion!

Sandru, Blackacre, and Caromarc each make a Reflex save.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Will Save, extra +1 if Mind Affecting: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Reflex Save, Rogue Evasion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Wouldn't Melanie and Dex both need to make the same Will Save? Area is 120ft, from the source... But, range is long 400'+. So a caster would typically make sure they were out of the AoE. Nothing excludes either of them (that we know of).

Especially, since they're both facing the fire (have Line of Sight)... and none of us are (no Line of Sight).


DM

Yes. Melanie was required to make the Will save, which she did. (I represented that by the 'squinting' part. It's also reasonable to think she was skilled in using the spell). Dex would have to make the save, but he has 'inside knowledge'...the sorcerers were casting concertedly, so he knew to look away (close his eyes, etc, whatever was necessary). So, actually he looked away from the fire in a way such that he didn't have to make the save.

The members of your party didn't have the knowledge that Dex had of his ally, nor does the facing away from the fire matter because the flash was 'around' you, throughout the whole room.

Is that how LOS works? I thought if you potentially can see the fire (which you can, as you could be standing at an angle to it or something), then you have line of sight. I thought you wouldn't have LOS if there was concealment, e.g. if the fire was in another room or behind a wall.

SRD:

Quote:

Line of Effect

A line of effect is a straight, unblocked path that indicates what a spell can affect. A line of effect is canceled by a solid barrier. It's like line of sight for ranged weapons, except that it's not blocked by fog, darkness, and other factors that limit normal sight. A line of effect starts from any corner of your square and extends to the limit of its range or until it strikes a barrier that would block it. A line-shaped spell affects all creatures in squares through which the line passes.

Line of Sight

A line of sight is the same as a Line of Effect but with the additional restriction that that it is blocked by fog, darkness, and other factors that limit normal sight (such as Concealment).

I read the text here to indicate that LOS and LOE are blocked by certain environmental conditions or concealment, but that otherwise it's determined by just drawing a line through the appropriate squares.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I'd consider it almost like a gaze attack. Affecting everyone looking at an altar flame, watching a burning house, following soneone holding a torch/lantern, watching a funeral pyre or campfire, etc... Everyone within 120 feet can see it (be affected by it). I always assumed Line of Site meant if you follow where someone would be looking.

I think it's largely situational (or over powered, compared to say Blindness). But, if you're saying it does... that's fine, too! Sandru will deal.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I find the corner of the room on my side, as I draw my blade.

Move to AQ-17.


DM

Thanks. I do think your reasoning makes sense, but I'm going to go with this interpretation of the rule (even if it involves something of a sophistry.) I looked up this definition from d&d, and I think the key wording is

d&d 3.5 glossary wrote:
Two creatures can see each other if they have line of sight to each other.

contrast with -

Two creatures have line of sight to each other if they can see each other.

Difference of order in the if-then clause.


Sandru wrote:

I'd consider it almost like a gaze attack. Affecting everyone looking at an altar flame, watching a burning house, following soneone holding a torch/lantern, watching a funeral pyre or campfire, etc... Everyone within 120 feet can see it (be affected by it). I always assumed Line of Site meant if you follow where someone would be looking.

I think it's largely situational (or over powered, compared to say Blindness). But, if you're saying it does... that's fine, too! Sandru will deal.

Pyrotechnics IS overpowered, considered one of the best spells for its level. I am really tired, so don’t quote me on this, but there is also an action everyone can take to avoid gaze effects and similar, but it’s not an immediate action, it’s an free action, meaning Dex should have closed his eyes during the surprise round, not right now, and it does impose penalties as if you were, in fact, closing your eyes, 50% miss chance and whatnot.

On the other deceased hand, I don’t mind the lack of info this time, but I’d like it mentioned if anyone take that action again, since this party will have become aware of this tactic. The horrible thing is, closing your eyes in the middle of battle because your opponent MIGHT take advantage of your sight is very, very close to metagaming, so that’s a slippery slope regardless of how you cut it, part of why I didn’t mind the lack of a mention previously. Also, a miss chance from not looking doesn’t really apply to fireball...


DM

Sandru is blinded by the pyrotechnics. But his roguish abilities pay off. He throws himself wide of the fireball's immediate blast, taking less damage as it sears just his back.

Sandru take 0 damage (rogue evasion). You are blinded for 2 rounds.

It is Blackacre's turn.


DM
Nameless, child of Original wrote:
I’d like it mentioned if anyone take that action again, since this party will have become aware of this tactic.

That's reasonable. I'll try to take things like that into account.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Rogue Evasion Save should equal 0 damage.


DM
Nameless, child of Original wrote:
there is also an action everyone can take to avoid gaze effects and similar, but it’s not an immediate action, it’s an free action, meaning Dex should have closed his eyes during the surprise round, not right now

I read this through again and see the point you're making. If Dex had closed his eyes in the surprise round, then it would give Ianez and Elspeth the opportunity to see that and possibly anticipate that there might be a vision-dependent attack. So, to even things out, assume Dex did that, then if it would have actually occurred to you, Ianez, and Caromarc re Elspeth, then you may both opt to make Spellcraft checks (to anticipate the type of spell) and if successful forego the Will save. Otherwise, you just make the Will save.

If I understand correctly, Caromarc didn't reappear in the room until just right now, and because Sandru and Blackacre take their turns after the sorcerers, this doesn't apply to them, correct?


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Will Save is fine, giving a Spellcraft check then could be argued into a perception and sense motive check for non-casters... Keep it simple, keep it RAW.


DM

Okay, just Will saves then!


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Will 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 . Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Caromarc opens his eyes I'm back? Right - I... Wait, is that Dex and Melanie? And that little bead looks like... oh...


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 2:

Will save: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9

What a crap roll. Ianez is blinded.


DM

Lord J V Caromarc is hit full on by the blast! He throws his arms up is surprise, and dies...silhouetted against an inferno of flames.

A glowing pink orb falls from his coat pocket and rolls to the floor.

@Caromarc:
You may still proceed by taking RP/narrative turns for the rest of the encounter (same as La Siréene, 2 posts per round when your initiative comes up.) Your minions can still fight on your turn if they're of a mind to.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Caromarc?! CAROMARC?!! I call for the wizard as my hand touches the long wall.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

The Monk's level of concern increases upon hearing Sandru's scream for Caromarc. The disciplined warrior sees Paige's finger waggling and he concentrates on her torso hoping that his next volley will confuse her spellcasting. "You have really gotten me angry. You have been warned."

Quinn is going to use Disrupting Shot on Paige. Calling the action before the actual attack roll.

Disrupting Shot - If you ready an action to shoot an opponent casting a spell within 30 feet and successfully hit that opponent with a ranged attack, the concentration DC to successfully cast the spell is increased by +4.

Updating post: Just realized that she has initiative over Quinn. Now the question is, does Disrupting Shot effect her next round if Quinn hits?


Kwanjan Quinn wrote:
Updating post: Just realized that she has initiative over Quinn. Now the question is, does Disrupting Shot effect her next round if Quinn hits?

As long as you take your action before your initative comes up again, yes.


DM

Quinn already took his turn in round 1. Is readying this action his turn in round 2 (standard action) and it interrupts Paige in round 3? Won't that mean next round (round 2) Paige goes and then Quinn readies his disrupting shot afterwards?


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Network, I think you are stating that the Disrupting Shot will only effect her on the 3rd round due to her going before Quinn. So, Paige does not get penalized on her DC on round 2 unless Manservant effects her.

...OR... Disrupting Shot does not work on people before Quinn's initiative. Not sure, first time using this feat. I'll go by GM ruling.

I should of started this in the Discussion thread.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre looks on in horror as Caromarc falls.

NOOOOO!! NO MORE!! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!!!

will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Assuming (well, hoping desperately, really) that that pitiable Will save is adequate:

He stomps forward, straight at Dex to AI22. It may just be the reflection from all the flames, but his eyes appear to burn with a fury of impending vengeance.

He pauses long enough to babble a few arcane words and point at Dex. casting Terrible Remorse


NPC

The pyrotechnic display blinds Ianez and Blackacre. Ianez claps his hands to his eyes with a curse. Blackacre presses forward towards the sorcerers, casting his spell like some haunting, sightless avatar of vengeance. A torrent of...condemnation...leaps from his hand, like small swords made of holy light. They cartwheel through the air, dipping and rising in slow procession until they circle and surround Dex's head. The toothpicks halt, poised at his ears, and stab into them! He clutches the sides of his head with a tortured expression.

Dex is affected by terrible remorse.

Ianez and Blackacre are blinded for 2 rounds.

It is La Siréene's turn.


DM

Round 2:

@La Siréene:
The green fluid pumps through your body, whatever this thing you perceive as your body actually is. You feel yourself becoming more corporeal by the minute. The man in the hood works on you with needle and thread. The thread is purple; it's unusual, but you've seen it before. The purple hue seems to recede into dark blue, and twinkle with stars, like the night sky.

You can feel your skin pull tightly in places. The stranger makes minor adjustments as he goes and smooths it out.

"When I'm done, your base form will be La Siréene," he says. "You will retain the ability to shapeshift. But I haven't perfected this process. There are going to be side effects. For instance, some of your...psychological content...will likely become externalized."

There is a gurgling sound. Off to the side, you notice a large containment tank filled with glowing green liquid. Suspended in the tank, hooked up to tubes, floats the wizard, Caromarc. His salt and pepper locks float lank about his head. He is naked, and appears to be just waking up.

To keep things moving, Ianez can take his turn concurrent with La Siréene's RP.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Network:
”Thank you.”

As the mind feels this body solidify, become corporeal, Nameless is filled with joy unimaginable. ”I will do as I have done. I will honor La Siréene Dorée’s memory by taking her shape, her name.” La Siréene smiles to herself. ”La Siréene Dorée is dead. Long live La Siréene Dorée.”

As the stranger speaks, however, La Siréene’s mind starts to buzz once more.

“For instance, some of your...psychological content...will likely become externalized." Endbringer. But I would consider it unlikely that the stranger would know about that. No witnesses, no dead ones to bring back. But he can reform those not properly diseased, can he not…

”What, exactly, does that entail? Would that include… memories of murderers?”

She considers Caromarc for a moment. "Another Question – do you and I have doctor-patient confidentiality?"


DM

@La Siréene:
"I cannot predict the exact results. This is a developing science. Each case is unique."

Another gurgle and a stream of bubbles from the mask over Caromarc's mouth and nose.

The hooded figure speaks again. "You may ask me your question in confidentiality."

1,251 to 1,300 of 3,847 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.