Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


901 to 950 of 3,847 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

After eight hours of concentration, La Siréene casts Detect Magic and looks down upon her work, pleased with the result.

"Here you go, Quinn. You're welcome."

Her work finished, she silently reflects upon this new potential within her as the group readies to move out into the rainy night once more, she considers the language of the previous vampire mists, that she had intuitively identified and understood to be Aklo. How easy the language was for her to grasp, now. Perhaps the tongue would come in handy.

She moves over to Sandru. "Here. This might prove helpful." She touches his arm and casts Ant Haul, improving his lifting capacity threefold.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Caromarc, you may always take what you need from Sandru. If Sandru doesn't have enough we have these other... friends.

As the others work, meditate or do what they are inclined to do I stand by the door to the shop, looking out into the madness. Rain, snow, whatever.

We cannot stay within the safety of these walls. Not and keep our self-respect. I wish I knew a direction, so I could take it.

Umm, not sure how it happened... But, I missed ALL of yesterday's posts. Until just now. Oi!


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8
Ianez Gastnicht wrote:
"I was giving some thought to the matter of threnodic magic, and where to learn more about it. One of my fellow students at Lepidstadt had passed on a rumor of a place where such lore may be found; have any of you ever heard of the Anaphexian Library?"

"I've heard of it" acknowledges Caromarc


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8
Kwanjan Quinn wrote:


"Master Caromarc...is there a command word to activate this ability?"

"There is! Not incredibly imaginative, I'm afraid. I chose fulgur - the Draconic word for lightning."

"I had considered going for something Elven, but I recalled what befell a friend of mine who activating an item whilst swearing... Draconic seemed the safer option."

"While it functions, it isn't my finest work. Once I have access to a lab, and some time, I'd ask you to return the bow to me for a while so I can stabilise the magic. I'm afraid I've rather relied on some of the unusual properties resident in the current ethereal vibrations, and without those properties the bow may well become... temperamental. Also I'd like to render it properly waterproof. Oh - and you'll need to make sure you don't use conductive strings."


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

"We may have to reconnoiter there after we deal with the sorcerers. Perhaps we'll learn more of it from them."

Out into the darkness again, the night skyline traced with eerie glows and intermittent lightning. Ianez tilts his battered hat slightly, to shed the rain better. "Gentlemen and, ah, La Siréene, time we were away. The sooner we can resolve this the better."

Perception check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Why do we fight? I ask as I look out into the streets.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

"Indeed. Let me reactivate my defences."
Cast Mage Armour on self, Shadow projection on Elspeth, False life on Elspeth, Ablative Armour on Manservant - with DM's permission


DM

@Ianez:
There is nothing in the immediate vicinity except driving rain and puddles on the cobblestones. The nighttime roars. But this time, it's no dragon. Just rain. A sound that is furious, but also empty.

It looks like there's a window of opportunity. The road to the north awaits.


NPC

Hareton looks anxiously at Sandru. "I think if we don't, they will come for us. Sooner than you think. They are hungry..."

He inhales deeply, readies his supplies. "Though demoralized, I'm not quite ready to just lay down and be ripped apart by ghouls. Maybe the key the dwarf spoke of will provide us some answers."

He looks across Sandru's cutlass, Quinn's bow, Blackacre's firearm... Before, rag-tag refugees thrown together by circumstance. Now, coordinated tactics...improved weaponry... A small army. A strike force.

He looks down, then glares out grimly from under his brows.

"Let's go make a problem for some sorcerers."


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn looks at every member of the group."We have been doing well so far in such a short time together. I am going to suggest the same strategy as was performed when we were in the tunnels."

"Sandu will go out ahead of the group, doing some recon."

"I will be in direct communication with him via a simple cantrip and relay what he finds."

"I will lead the rest of us following distance behind him."

"Manservant can pick up the rear."

"The rest can stay in the middle."

"Sounds ok with everyone?"


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

"Yes. The quicker, the better."


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Why us? I don't wait for an answer.

Stepping away from the others, I wonder... Will the drow's magic make us look dry as we stand in the rain? Magic...heh. I have to focus, find cover.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

"Who else? I've studied enough dead civilizations to know I don't want to live in one."


DM

Your party takes to the road. You move stealthily and focused, like wolves on the hunt. You pass dark empty-looking buildings that leave you to wonder are the inhabitants fled, merely asleep, or have they met a more gruesome fate? Some structures show signs of forced entry: broken windows, splintered or missing doors, small house-fires breaking out and dotting the night. You hear terrified screams, indignant shouting, growls, howls, screeches, and other monstrous noises. The clang of fighting. Though on one level, you know it's the townsfolk fighting back the darkness, just like you, the surrealism of the landscape can't help but underscore your quest with a gnawing sense of existential loneliness.

The glamered clothing gets wet in the rain, but does a bizarre thing where it snaps...adjusts...reverts back to its original appearance. Over and over again. Wet, snap, warp, bend...perfectly clean, pressed garments. Wet, snap, stretch, revert...perfectly clean, pressed garments.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Any other night, I would seek out every sound, understand it and act... Tireless. Any other night I would be wet... and look wet.

Hearing might not be enough tonight, but if I see something... Well, then we will have to see. See... Very funny, brute. Make me better... F__k you!


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

False life on Elsepth = 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Caromarc picks up the pace, hurrying towards Sandru
"Sandru? Elspeth believes she could help you scout - are you okay if she works with you? She'll only be able to talk to me I'm afraid."


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

How? It's too dangerous for you up here.


DM

After half an hour, you reach Ashcaster Lane. The street is set back several lanes from the main trolley lines. The Salon is on a large, square property incongruously nestled in the heart of the city; this juxtaposition lends it an air of guarded wealth, privilege, dominance, and power-broking. The understated threat of a mafia, but the self-announcement of a peacock.

The building is a grand mansion with courtyards, thick walls, arcades, and wrought iron balconies. The front of the building sits on the property line, with an asymmetrical arrangement of arched openings; these are garbed with hanging plants with broad leaves, and wrapped in vines. The architecture has a steeply pitched, side-gabled roof. The exterior is made of brick and stucco.

Outside the front doors, sheltered under an overhang, stands an easel wreathed in lilies and decorated with a banner, the type that might be used to greet guests on some special occasion.

There are stately carriages parked along the curb, and some parked around the side of the property. The front of the place is relatively quiet. Interior lights and chandeliers shine refracted through the beveled windows.

There are stables annexed to the main building. As you approach, you must pass by these first. Horses lay on the ground, fallen to their sides, battered, bruised. Dead. You notice that the coach, the one that Hergelund's gnome driver was going to transport you in, is parked in the street close to the stables. Not really parked; it sits askew in the road not parallel to the curb. As if it was suddenly abandoned and left there.

Neither horse is with the carriage. You discover one of them, the brown mare, lying on its side in the mass grave of dead horses. The dappled palomino is nowhere to be seen.

It's reasonable to assume that when the dragon, Harbinger, attacked the gnome driver, the horses were frightened off and ran here. Where a different danger felled the brown mare.

You hear a whinny of distress from inside the stables.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Go back... I need to find that horse. Copper, I know you can hear me... Make yourself useful. Cover me.

I move quickly, instinctively towards the sound of the horse.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc advances with Sandru.
"You'll see!"

A inky blot of darkness, swarming with tendrils, leave's the manservant's chest. It wings its way through the air unerringly towards Caromarc.


Per +11

"Mistress Elspeth?" asks the Manservant, in what sounds like a shocked voice.


STATUE:?? BODY: 16/20 HP HP Per +11

Fly 40ft. Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


DM

@Sandru, Elspeth:
The stables are partitioned into six pens. The gates on the outside walls and between the pens are all open. The ground is covered in loose straw. Against the walls are stacked bales of hay.

Amid the fallen horses in the stables, in one of the far pens, is the dappled palomino! It rears on its hind legs, eyes rolling in fright. An eerie equine creature stands before it, calm, contemplating how it will murder this lone final victim.

An angel of death...

The monster's skin is smoky, like the curtain of unconsciousness that overtakes the sleeper. Flames spurt from its hair and nostrils, and its hooves gently shower a spray of sparks.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I want to scream! But, remain silent and try to reach the creature before it realizes I am there... drawing my blade and striking!

Stable:
Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26, hoping the other noises help to mask my approach. Half speed, 20ft. Not sure how big the stable is or how far the thingy is.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Upon hearing Sandu's call for assistance, the half-elven law man springs into action. Quinn's speed is unparallelled (running at 50 feet per round) as he goes to aid a comrad at arms. He calls to the others behind him. "Sandu needs our help."


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Ianez follows, lagging behind the archer, setting his buckler more firmly on his arm and drawing his sword.


DM

Encounter map (accounting for all moves up until now).

Also posted to campaign info page.

@Quinn:
Warning! Any closer and the nightmare will detect you.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn does not go past Sandu and stays outside of the stable.
He whispers to the half orc, "I will open up with a volley and get it's attention. Get ready to supprise and flank it."

Stealth Roll:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 If needed

Perception Roll:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 If needed

Init Roll:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 So GM can have it when needed.

Quinn waits until Sandu is in position.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Shoot now...


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc blinks as Sandru vanishes, and starts walking more slowly.


Per +11

Mechanical Manservant sighs "Here we go again. Excuse me please..." he apologises as he starts advancing
Manservant doesn't really do stealth


STATUE:?? BODY: 16/20 HP HP Per +11

As she approaches, Elspeth dives towards the ground, skimming around - and through - the cobblestones.
Stealth (inc -5 to move and stealth) 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25


NPC

"I'm going to remain outside the stables and serve as lookout in case there are any sorcerers," Hareton whispers.


DM

Unfortunately, the Nightmare has very keen senses. It hears the pad of Quinn's foot step down on the straw, hears the boot of the wizard crunch a small twig.

It's ears twitch, and it snorts, looking in your direction!

Roll initiative.

Ianez - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
La Siréene - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Quinn - 18
Caromarc (MM, Elspeth) - 6
Sandru - tbd
Blackacre - tbd
Horse - 10
Nightmare - 17


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

So no suprise round. :-( Sending my Flurry or arrows.
Quinn smiles as he hears Sandu's statement and is excited about using his new bow feature....Fulgur. He launches a flurry of arrows, 3 in total.

Flurry Attack rolls
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Damage rolls
1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (3) = 13
1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (2) = 12
1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + (1) = 14

Quick FYI: Damage rolls have significantly increase due to obtaining weapon specialization at 6th level and adding lightning; +1 weapon, +2 from comp bow, +2 weapon specialiation.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

La Siréene walks through the rain, next to Quinn, observing the Nightmare. First hell mutts, now hell mares. Huh. Not knowing the power or capability of the creature, La Siréene hestitates, waiting for an oppertunity to present itself.

Move action: 40ft move from 29AC to 29AK. Standard Action: readied action to cast.


DM

La Siréene's move noted. Once Blackacre rolls initiative, I will record the next turn.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Sorry Blackacre's been lost - I rely on my "campaigns" page for when new posts have been made, and it hasn't notified me of new Gameplay posts since Thursday!

initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Seeing his comrades prepare for combat, Blackacre draws his crackling sword and moves to the front of the main group (AJ27).

Once he reaches the stable door, Blackacre looks over the nightmarish creature confronting them.
knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

He opens his mouth to speak, but no words come out and his face is a mask of confusion.

That's a, a, ... damn! What is that thing?


DM

The monk's arrows zip from his bow straight towards the otherworldly, fiery opponent. One hits and digs its sharp point in its flank.

The Nightmare takes 13 damage.

The creature levitates into the air. The Palomino thrashes and kicks at it, but misses. The monster glides over to where some of your party stands and blows a cone of thick, acrid smoke.

Sandru, La Siréene, and Quinn must each make a Fortitude save. The smoke acts as obscuring mist for the purposes of concealment.

The beast lunges at Caromarc and takes a chomp at him!

Caromarc, take 5 damage.

It is Blackacre's turn.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Quinn reacts quickly in turning his face and closing his eyes from the smoke.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Hidding under cover of smoke? Not for long.

La Siréene sees her opportunity and acts immediately, casting the spell that will outline the shape of the hell mare and make it a clear target.

La Siréene uses her readied action to cast Faerie Fire targeting the Nightmare


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre scampers around the beast, his crackling sword in hand, taking care not to stray too close to the fire and blackness until he is in position (move action to AM25).

We shall have justice for those you have slain! (swift action to judge the nightmare [justice, +1 to attack rolls])

He takes his blade in both hands, brings it above his head and strikes down upon the beast with great vengeance and furious anger (power attack).

attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 + 4 - 2 + 1 = 20

bonuses:
to hit bonus +9, magic sword +1, flanking with outflank teamwork feat & solo tactics +4, power attack -2, justice judgment +1

damage: 1d10 + 1 + 6 + 6 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 6 + 6 + (6) + (5) = 34

bonuses:
magic sword +1, str bonus (2 hands) +6, power attack +6, flanking with precise strike teamwork feat & solo tactics +1d6, shock +1d6

Sure hope that 20 is enough to hit :)


DM

The blade cuts a deep gash into the creature's body, and its knees buckle. It looks almost done for.

Another one blinks onto this plane near the horse!

The second Nightmare goes in turn order after La Siréene. It is Sandru's turn.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21, +4 if Endurance feat helps... Suffocation.
The copper reacted well. More obfuscation... Caramarc likes the big words. But, Blackacre positions himself nicely, nearly breaking the beast and the girl paints the target... Can I deliver?

Attack Cutlass: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Damage Cutlass: 1d6 + 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + (3, 5) + 7 = 18

Bringing my fingers to my lips, I whistle... Trying to have the Palamino withdraw. Come, heel.

Handle Animal, move action: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


DM

Everyone resists the sickening fumes!


DM

Sandru's cutlass hits hard, but is unable to break the supernatural toughness of the fiery black horse.

The palomino horse hears Sandru whistle, but unfortunately misunderstands the command. Startled by its new attacker, it makes a break for it. The second Nightmare rears up and comes down on it with its flaming hooves.

The horse takes 3 damage, plus an additional 3 fire damage.

It is Ianez's turn.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 1:

Ianez closes with the newer intruder, his glamered coat rippling aside as he draws his sword and slashes across at the beast. The canny creature sidesteps the blow, though, and the archaeologist's sword kisses only the smoky air.

To hit: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14


Per +11

Manservant advances towards the closest Nightmare, his legs striding like a metronome... but strong as his limbs might be they lack the speed to carry him into combat before the Nighmare strikes again.
double move to AI27


STATUE:?? BODY: 16/20 HP HP Per +11

Elspeth dives deeper into the ground, getting ready to put her ambush-predator pounce into action
Readying a Charge on N2 if it comes within 80ft of Elspeth. in order to save time: hit = 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 touch attack for 1d6 ⇒ 5 strength damage
My guess is it will go for us or the Palomino and be met by the writhing but inaccurate tentacles of Elspeth. Elspeth can take some cover in the ground, but I think she might take an AoO for it.

901 to 950 of 3,847 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.