Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


751 to 800 of 3,847 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre glares at the darkness.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


DM

@Sandru, La Siréene, Quinn, Blackacre:
As you try to fathom the supernatural darkness, it's as if you catch a glimpse of the cul-de-sac, normal as it was when you first exited Lamp Stop station. Then, there's just a void of nothing again. Then, this resolves into the cul-de-sac once more, but this time all the buildings have lost their quaint architecture; everything is walled over with large riveted sheets of metal, twisted in a landscape of sharp angles, steam-venting towers, and industrial spires, under a glowering sky, lit from below by sickly greenish-yellow floods. Then, the void of nothing again...just swirling atomized particles of matter.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre briefly gapes at the sight of the cul-de-sac/nothingness. What the...?


DM

From the darkness, a red blob careens towards your group and crashes into Blackacre, spraying him with blood, nearly bowling him over. It is the gnome driver. He is chewed up, mangled almost beyond recognition. His little head is severed almost completely from his body. His eyes stare in shock, and his limbs spasm in death throes. It is then that you notice the carriage and horses are nowhere to be found.

From the void, there is grim evil laughter.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Gggnnnnhhh!

Blackacre staggers back, attempts to shake some of the gnome's blood off of him, and draws his sword.

I'm afraid we're on foot from here.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Shouldn't have been out... was waiting for us.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

The gnome has been destroyed. Pity, that.

La Siréene reaches out and rips off the head from its loose attachment to the Gnome's body, lifts it up to her face and closes the eyes, then neatly places the head atop what remains of the torso.

"The laughter. An antagonist."

She shifts her head, attempting to figure out the direction of the laughter.

Perception check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn produces his bow and pulls out 2 durable arrows from his magical quiver. He moves over to Gaston to make sure he is ok. He then looks over to the doctor and says "Doctor quick....Is there anything you can do for him?" Then he realizes that he is beyond saving and watches La Sireene place the head on the body.

Perception Check: Location of the laughter 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

The young monk looks to make sure the Glamer is intact and then says in a low voice,"The Glamer was suppose to be a disguise. Looks like the bad guys knows who we are and what we look like now. I'm wondering if the drowess ratted us out."


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I watch the snaking blackness. There are many enemies tonight, Copper. And prejudice is fear. Are you afraid?


DM

@La Siréene, Quinn:
The laughter is coming from the direction of the cul-de-sac.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

La Siréene considers Quinn's theory.

"Doubt it. The Glamer was an investment on her part. Waste to have us killed."

She looks over the bloody mess that was the gnome a second time.

"We should have tipped. Rude to leave a mess on her doorstep."

La Siréene giggles at Sandru’s comment.

"Good point. He's certainly prejudiced. I’ve never been particular to neither fear nor prejudice, myself. It’s usually a hindrance."


NPC

The warping void of the cul-de-sac snaps to. The shadows part, and begin to evaporate. You see the original cul-de-sac back in place. But this time, it's filled with skeletons and corpses piled in the gloom around the edges.

In the center, lumbers an umbral dragon. This one is merely a whelpling. Yet, it is enormous. It flattens down its head and roars. The sound is deafening, like a bull elephant, a dire bear, and a lion all mixed together.

"RRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!"

The square shakes with bass, sonic reverb.

"I am Harbinger," the dragon introduces himself. His voice rumbles like thunder, deep and elemental. "I am deciding whether I'm hungry enough to eat you." He flicks his tongue along his fangs, working something in his maw like a toothpick. He spits it out at you.

Twin rapiers skid across the cobblestones and land at your feet.

"After all, I've already had seconds." He laughs again.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn responds to Sandu's and La Sireene's comments,"The drow are known for their malicious intents and deeds. My mother's people know full well what they can do. .....and by the way....fear keeps us frosty and prejudice...well everyone has a bias against something.

Now....Half-orc....what do you intend to do about this threat?"


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

With a +10 in Knowledge (Arcana) and the ability to take 10 on all trained Knowledge checks, Ianez is familiar with the properties of dragons up to CR 15, so I assume he knows roughly what the beast is capable of.

So he didn't make it after all.... The archaeologist tightens up to keep from trembling and speaks, trying to sound calm. "There's not a lot we could do to stop you if that was your choice, Master Harbinger. Is there anything we could do to induce you to choose otherwise?"


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

"I prefer Gastons paranoia to your fear. Everyone does have a bias, though." Except for myself, obviously. I wonder what Sandru is biased against?

La Siréene turns to the Umbral Dragon.

"I," she makes a short pause,am La Siréene Dorée. Pleased to meet you. The owner of the swords was Darius the Second, incidentally. Was he to your taste?

I want to Jedi Mind Trick this guy. Do I get a surprise round for getting him talking and interrupting him with it?


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I scrape together some bit of courage or maybe a lot of foolishness. Striding out to stand between the others and the dragon, my hands are empty and raised. Unarmed.

WAIT!

We can be of use to you... You are hungry. What is it you want... What do you need. Maybe we can strike some deal and help you find it. How many have offered this?


DM

@Ianez:
You heard of these fabled creatures while wandering the Darklands, but even there they were things of legend. Rumors say that the umbral dragon, with its glistening black scales and backswept horns, is stealthy, and has an strong affinity with negative energy and darkness. It has standard attacks that most dragons have (e.g. bite, claw, wings), and these attacks can be quite powerful. It has a conical negative energy breath attack, and can also cast a small number of spells. A young dragon like this one speaks Common, Draconic, and Abyssal.


NPC

The dragon flares a nostril and raises one of its scaly brows at Ianez. "You are correct to not resist, little unit. My master would be pleased."

He smiles at the druid. "Ha, ha! Oh, yes, your friend was delicious."

Finally, he looks down at the tiny supplicant at his feet. You see lighted binary scroll across his eyes. The dragon's voice becomes tinny...robotic. "GoOd. A VoLuNtEeR. wE wIlL kIlL yOu NoW. YoUr PoOr, pOoR SaD LiTtLe wOrLd. We HaVe ThE pOwEr To MaKe YoU bEtTeR."

The air vibrates with a deep sonic thrum that hurts your eardrums.

Shafts of bright blue light pierce the dark, roiling storm clouds overhead and hit the cul-de-sac in five different places.

Roll initiative.

Ianez - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
La Siréene - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Hareton - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc is aghast at his compatriots behaviour
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

You haven't seen... a ghast, yet! Sorry, had to do it!


DM

Caromarc levitates slightly above the ground, cocooned in an aura of purple static. His hair stands on end. His cape flaps about him like wings, as if battered by wind.

@Caromarc:
Every time you cast a spell during this battle, roll a d20.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

DM:

What does Caromarc know of Umbral Dragons?
knowledge arcana 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Me too with the dragon knowledge...+2 to identify his abilities and weaknessesKnowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Also, initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


DM

Turn order:

1) Blackacre
2) Caromarc (w/ MM & Elspeth)
3) Umbral dragon
4) Sandru
5) Ianez
6) La Siréene
7) Hareton
8) Quinn


DM

@Caromarc:
You've read tomes that indicate umbral dragons are primals from the plane of shadow. They are cruel and sadistic by nature. They feast on ghosts and the undead, but are just as likely to consume the living when they can get it. The umbral dragon has standard attacks that most dragons have (e.g. bite, claw, wings), and these attacks can be quite powerful. It has a conical negative energy breath attack, and can also cast a small number of spells, such as certain detect spells, darkness, and bleed.

There is something unusual about this dragon. The magical energies about it are unusually strong; it has an arcane signature you've never seen before. It's unclear whether this is inherent to its nature or because it absorbed that energy after having eaten undead from whatever place it is from. Anyway, you can tell it is the same arcane energy that's affecting you.

@Blackacre:
In your personal mission (...ahem, obsession...) to carry out Ragathiel's fight against evil, you have, of course, dealt with creatures of shadow. You know that umbral dragons are immune to cold, death effects, negative energy, paralysis, and sleep. The umbral dragon has standard attacks that most dragons have (e.g. bite, claw, wings), and these attacks can be quite powerful. It has a conical negative energy breath attack, and can cast a small number of spells. While the dragon's breath attack doesn't heal undead, it does not harm them either.


NPC

As Harbinger turns and readies to fight, you all notice what looks like a large glass beaker affixed to the base of his skull. It is filled with glowing bright green liquid that sloshes about as he moves. There are tubes coming out of the beaker that curve around and attach to several ports on his head and neck.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

What's around/under/in the shafts of light?


DM

Battle map

(If there is anything wrong with the map, pls let me know, thx.)

@Sandru - The beaker with liquid is made of thick glass with a magical ward placed upon it (it has AC comparable to the dragon and lots of hit points, but is probably vulnerable to certain kinds of attacks.) The tubes look like they could be removed from the ports (there are four of them, again with AC and lots of HP, or alternatively a high CMB check). The entire apparatus gets partial cover. It's unclear exactly what the result would be if you were to disable the device.

@Ianez - There is nothing in the shafts of light, but they touch ground near the some of the dead bodies.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Map states I require access, so I sent a request... to you? I think you need to approve it.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

IIRC, what you have to do with the map is click on Share, then on "Share with anyone with the link." It'll open a window with the URL preselected for copy and pasting.


DM

Ok, I changed the access settings. Try again.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Got it, thanks.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I'm in... weird (in a cool sorta way), I see you making the changes... just added corpses. "U"


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Each square is 5'?


DM

Yes...

I'm going to post the map and initiative on the campaign info tab too.


DM

Suggested music for this encounter


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn looks around at his current situation. He realizes that this rabble that stands next to him is made of hearty stuff. The same that he is made out of. He know that each one of his new friends has strengths in areas that he lacks in. "OK.... anyone has any info on this creature? Strengths, weaknesses? Anything that will help increase the odds in our favor."


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I yell into the rain at the Dragon, We can FREE you!


NPC

The dragon's head readjusts. Sharp, mechanical movements.

...45 degrees to the left...
...down at Sandru...

Its eyes focus, refocus on him.

...pinpoint targeting..."UNIT:SANDRU"...
...threat level:MEDIUM...

"Muah, ha, ha, ha, ha! I am freerrwwrrrweEE hAve ThE..." BZZZT! The head tics. This last part smooth, lyrical synth glissando "...PoWeR tO mAkE YoU BeTteR."

The green liquid in the flask on its neck gently sloshes.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

You can't even say it... FREE! I was like you once, a SLAVE.

We are Brothers!:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


NPC

The dragon is unaffected by your words.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Careful, comrades. This beast is immune to cold, death effects, negative energy, paralysis, and sleep, and it will attack with both its body and its hideous breath.

As he advises his mates, Blackacre steps carefully around the dragon From M16 through L15,K14,K13, and K12 to L11 (Move action). He then imbues his weapon with bane (dragon)(swift action) and roars at the umbral dragon, Back to the shadows with you, filth!

attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 29
damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + (3, 6) = 19

confirm crit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 19
additional damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + (2, 4) = 17


DM

Blackacre's sword shines with light, which flares on both sides in the shape of a dragon. The glow undulates around the blade, then absorbs and melds into it, causing it to flash with a metallic shing!

This opening foray proves auspicious. The baned weapon swings true and finds its mark. The inquisitor hits the dragon's flank! It roars in pain.

Not confirmed, so the dragon takes 19 damage.

Caromarc's turn.

@Caromarc:
Remember to roll an extra d20.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc intones some mystic words

DM:

Ear Piercing Scream
1d20 ⇒ 18
If Caromarc (with his craft alchemy, craft mechanics, multiple item creation feats and knowledge arcana) thinks the vial might be shattered by a sonic spell, he'll aim for that, otherwise he'll aim for the dragon and hope to stun it.
3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1) = 7 DC17

then hobbles forward to N13 then vanishes, appearing behind the Dragon at N10

Hopefuly Setting Sandru up for a flanking sneak attack


Per +11

The Manservant stalks forwards, attached scythe clicking as he walks in his dark robe. As he appraoches to O14 he rips a figure from the robe.

"I have some thing for you, shadow" he intones, and flicks the figure at the ground
Using Robe of Bones to put an uncontrolled Plague Ogre Zombie O12-P13


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc shouts "It is a creature of darkness, it breathes the dark!"


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 1:

Seeing the tank of liquid attached to the dragon, Ianez has an odd idea. Invoking his luck (swift action) and rushing forward (to L-13), the archaeologist casts delay poison and tries to touch the monster.

Touch attack (includes luck bonus and +2 for flanking): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 11

The effect of the spell is to render the subject temporarily immune to poison for the next six hours, although damage done by poison before the spell is cast remains.


DM

@Caromarc:
Ear-piercing scream would go towards cracking the beaker (extra damage), but not shatter it. Therefore, I'll apply your attack to the dragon. If you wish otherwise, we can change that.

The magician's soundwaves radiate out in a cone of concentric circles towards the dragon. The beast reels from the cacophony, rears its head back, but manages to shake off the more debilitating effects.

The dragon takes 3 damage.

However, due to the unstable arcane field surrounding Caromarc, his spell results in an unanticipated side-effect. Gigantic roots erupt from the ground and wrap around the legs of the dragon, ensnaring it.

The dragon gains the Entangled condition for one round.

751 to 800 of 3,847 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.