Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


551 to 600 of 3,847 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Start of Round 5: Caromarc HP 34/35 Elspeth: 8/17 Mechanical Manservant: 38/39


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

If Caromarc is not visibly wounded, Ianez will work on Elspeth instead.


DM

@Caromarc:
The torches in the station feature gas wall brackets of more recent innovation. They are lit by means of an open flame; the ones in the Deeptrain produce a fan-shaped flame known as the 'Batswing' style. The lights house a plain brass gas supply tube with a tap for switching the gas on and off, ending in a burner shielded from direct view by a shade. The fittings are ornate, the design of the wall brackets is scrolling arms. The shades point up, throwing light on the ceiling, which has the ironic effect of leaving the rest of the room below the lamps rather dim.

It wouldn't be impossible to remove a torch from the wall, but it would require a little jimmying.


DM

The last hell hound is swiftly dispatched.

@Caromarc:
If a torch is used in combat, treat it as a one-handed improvised weapon that deals bludgeoning damage equal to that of a gauntlet of its size, plus 1 point of fire damage.

As the manservant and Elspeth swing their torches at the bats, Dr. Grey assists them with his own. Between the three of them, they successfully disperse the remaining swarm.

The battle is won!


NPC

Hareton bandages his wounds from the bats, to stop the bleeding. Seeing that the others have received able care, he helps bind the wounds of Lord Caromarc and Quinn.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn allows the good doctor to bandage him up. After offering him thanks, Quinn moves over to his previous targets and removes 2 durable arrows from one of the hell hounds, 2 from the zombie and 2 from the wall.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

La Siréene takes out her wand and administers its healing ability on the wounded, giving smiles and encouragement as she does so.

Gaston 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 "You were right, mad man. Well done."

Elspeth 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 "There you go. Nasty wounds, there."

Quinn 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 No comment from La Siréene, just a friendly smile as she administers the touch spell.

Hareton 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 "Well done, friend."

La Siréene 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 La Siréene closes her eyes as the holy energies close the wounds lined with bite marks and filled with sand.

Her task completed, La Siréene turns to the group as a whole to pose a question. "I need to buy a new shield, get rid of my old armor. Are there any merchants on our path?"


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

As the battle ends, one end of the chain falls into the water... it is tired and so am I. I give everyone a critical once over as the girl uses her magic stick... her wand.

I move to the tunnel we came from and peer down its length.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Then I move to the jack rabbit doctor. Fire will be useful later. Water was enough.


DM

@La Siréene:
We will assume you take 10 on a Knowledge (local) check.

Near the place where Hergelund said you'll emerge topside, there is the shop of a haberdasher and fine ladies' clothier named Madam Madchën Sabina.


End of Round 5: Caromarc HP 34/35 Elspeth: 15/17 Mechanical Manservant: 38/39
@Ianez: can switch if you like, the 34 was after your healing (thank you)


DM

@Sandru:
The tunnel behind you is empty. Ahead stretches another length of tunnel that looks much like the previous one.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Where now, copper? I eye the policeman?


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Many thanks to you Lady La Siréene. I feel much better The monk offers her a smile back.

Quinn stares back to the half orc and begins to walk away. He begins to look over at all of the creatures that they have killed, making sure that none survived.


Perception Check: Making sure all are dead, just in case.
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33


DM

@Quinn:
You see that all the monsters are dead and the bats dispersed. Fenrir Stop is in a state of disarray. Shards of broken sconce lay scattered across the floor, along with the carcass pieces of hell hounds.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn finishes inspecting the remains and then heads back to the half orc. "Don't mean to be rude but apologies for leaving you hanging a moment ago. I just wanted to make sure we clean up any loose ends. Know what I'm saying?"

"By the way, you did very well for yourself....with those nasties. What do they call you???? I don't want to be calling you half orc all the time. You know.....we were never really introduced properly. You can call me Quinn."

The monk turns and says to the rest of the group "You guys handled yourselves very well. Great job with the balls of water Lady La Sireene"


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

"Thank you, and you as well. Unless I'm gravely mistaken, though, we shouldn't stand still any longer than we have to. Which way?"

@Caromarc: I didn't realize that; would have started with healing Caromarc.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

"Wait - I need a bowl or something!" Caromarc seems shaken and frantic.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

"'tis Sandru. You are welcome, Lord Quinn."

La Siréene picks out the container that previously held the trail rations and washes it clean with a wave of her hand, and then holds it out to Caromarc, that he may inspect it.

"Will this do, Caromarc?"

"Reminder to those who've forgotten; Ashcaster lane is our destination. There’s a Gnome driver waiting. That exit, I believe."


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

What a mess! That was... somewhat unexpected, but this town has become a haven for the dangerous and the unexpected.

Thank you, Mademoiselle Sireene, for your healing touch. Some may call it paranoia, but I find it useful to remain on guard for danger at any moment.

If the driver is waiting, let us make haste.


DM

Just a reminder, Hergelund advised your party to travel through the sewer to the next station, Lamp Stop (also where the driver and the merchant's shop are, etc.) You are at Fenrir Stop, which is still a ways from Ashcaster Lane. Lamp Stop will put you much closer.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn goes across the stop to an enterance of another tunnel, much like the other one.

" Ok... not much further Forward down the next length of the tunnel and around the bend, we will reach Lamp Stop....should be slightly another quarter mile."

The monk enters the new tunnel which resembles the other tunnel, including the smell. Again, he warns the group about the rats.


DM

Suggested music


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

"That, it has. Under these conditions, Your paranoia is useful , mister Gaston."

As before, La Siréene waits until the others have entered the tunnel, intending to keep to the rear of the group with Sandru once more.


NPC

Hareton seems energized by the recent battle. His eyes glint with determination as he enters the dark tunnel, once again keeping to the side, being careful to avoid stepping in the ditch.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I let Blackacre go behind them policeman, then the others... last the girl goes, and I follow her.

Feeling the weight of my new chain, balanced in one hand, my shield on my other arm. My tiredness is gone.

One last look behind us, and I enter the new tunnel.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Last post got eaten
Caromarc takes the bag from La Siréene "Thank you, that will be very helpful. Now I need a rigid container..." he casts a glance at the Mechanical Manservant

"Do you still have that cavity I was trying to turn into an icebox?"


Per +11

The manservant's glowing eyes blink

"I do, sir. May I ask why?"

Is that fear in his voice? Surely not.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc walks over to the Manservant, pulling screwdrivers, pipes and a strange whirring thing. He sets to work.

"Elspeth! Can you give me a hand?"


STATUE:?? BODY: 16/20 HP HP Per +11

Elspeth, mostly recovered now, approaches. At Caromarc's instructions she holds plates, passes tools and mops his brow.


Per +11

"Sir - I don't mean to criticise, but is this really a good time to do this?" asks the Mechanical Manservant's head, currently with the face hinged up over his head and his chest open.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

"Now, we fill you up with water here" says Caromarc, drilling a hole in the top of the Manservant's chest.

"The bag acts as a liner here"

"Hmm - try to stand up, I'm worried if you bend over you'll leak everywhere."


Per +11

"Sir - surely this is not a safe..."


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

"It'll be fine!" states Caromarc firmly before adding in a mollifying tone "It's only temporary."


Per +11

"Everyone appears to be leaving sir, as best I can tell with my eyes looking at the ceiling."


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

" Ms La Siréene, could I trouble you for some more water?" Caromarc asks politely, pointing at the mechanical manservant's new watering hole.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

”Certainly. Could I trouble you for a first name? Some pleasant, friendly, diminutive? We weren't exactly introduced properly.”

Quite amused, La Siréene swiftly conjures water directly into the "watering hole", filling the cavity.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

As the group walks through the tunnel, La Siréene readies her shield and takes out her rod once more, casting Extended Barkskin on herself, to improve upon her apparently inadequate defenses in the event of a second ambush.

Current active spell effects, CL6:
Extended Ant Haul, 24 hours.
Extended Longstrider, 12 hours from the point we left the resting place.
Resist Energy: Fire, slightly less than 1 hour.
Barkskin, 2 hours.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

"I do appologise. I am Earl Jornel Vennel Caromarc. With everything that has been happening I am afraid courtesy seems to have slipped my mind!"

Caromarc bows deeply


STATUE:?? BODY: 16/20 HP HP Per +11

Elspeth breathes in, and vanishes. Some small amorphous tentacled thing leaps from where she was into the water filled cavity of the Mechanical Manservant with a plop

Trained Knowledge Nature DC 12:

Blue ringed octopus


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc finishes screwing the Manservant's chassis back together

"Oh - I think I got that ethereal hardening working again."

Caromarc casts Ablative Barrier on Mechanical Manservant. Extended with Rod

"Your paint work is ruined though!" Caromarc hands over the robe he was given earlier "Here, put this on then recolour it to my colours."


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Kn Nature 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Does Sandru know about Elspeth?


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Sandru might, but Elspeth (and therefore Caromarc) is normally pretty cagey about it. Normally she's in human form. Given they live together and how well Sandru knows Caromarc he might have picked it up.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Knowledge: Nature 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

This man is allied with a blue ringed octopus, shape shifted into a female? Heh. Amusing.

La Siréene bows, as well.

"La Siréene Dorée. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Jornel." She nods to the manservant, with its ruined paint job, addressing it and Caromarc both. "My apologies about the Orb. It was a frantic battle."


NPC

Rats squeak and roaches scuttle underfoot as the party makes their way through the tunnel. The murky sewage in the ditch occasionally laps, as if it was holding its breath and taking a brief exhalation. Every so often, some small thing stirs and disturbs the water.

"Even though we all met only recently, it's quite the thing how you all banded together back there against the sand creatures, zombie, and hell dogs. I've not seen anything like it." He contemplates this thought for a moment. "It is interesting, such synergy. To think...not a day ago we were almost complete strangers!"


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Trust breeds trust. Time to show some.

La Siréene smiles at Hareton, radiating a feeling of contemplative consideration before speaking her mind, matter-of-factly.

"I. Don't really have anything else, per se. What I used to have, family, friends; that life's all gone."

She puts a hand on Hareton’s shoulder, smiling a reassuring smile.

"That's fine, though. That happens. I'll find new purpose. We'll live through this. Of that, I am certain."


Per +11

"Please don't concern yourself about my paint, ma'am. All in a good cause." says the Mechanical Manservant, determinedly walking down the tunnel with a faint sloshing noise.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc dismisses his tools, hitches his coat and follows the Manservant.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Why would a woman want to become a squid? I don't know, guess there are worse things. Shrugging, I look back before following the others.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

In areas that holds darkness, Quinn removes an arrow and casts light on the arrow head, holding it up as though it was a torch. Quinn dispells the magical light upon reaching the end of the current tunnel.

The disciplined warrior holds his urge to communicate with the others and at times moves ahead of the others for him to hear anything else besides the chatter.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28


NPC

"I'm sorry to hear that," Hareton replies. "Life...running through our fingers like sand. Everything is so temporary, so changeable. One of the reasons I became a doctor in the first place, to try and understand. To fight it in some small way."

"As always, I appreciate your kind words."

551 to 600 of 3,847 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.