Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


501 to 550 of 3,847 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

DM

La Siréene - your save was successful, so take only 4 fire damage.

____________________________

edit: When Sandru went for the chain, the sandman next to him took a swing. But Sandru was too fleet and the punch missed.


DM

Blackacre's blast hits the sandman, which buckles like it took a hard punch to the gut. For what seems like a long, suspended moment, it is still.

It explodes in a storm of dirt!

Grit flies everywhere. You feel it in your hair and it crunches between your teeth.


DM

The bats -

First, Hareton, Blackacre, Caromarc, and Elspeth continue to bleed from the bat attacks - each take 1 point of bleed damage for the round.

The bats continue to harry Blackacre and surge forward until they are also swarming on Quinn.

Hareton, Blackacre, Mechanical manservant, and Quinn get an attack of opportunity vs swarm #1.

Blackacre takes 3 damage.
Quinn takes 4 damage.

Blackacre and Quinn must each make a Fortitude save.

_______________________________

The other swarm breaks off and gives chase to Caromarc and Elspeth.

Hareton, Mechanical manservant, Caromarc, and Elspeth get an attack of opportunity vs swarm #3.

Caromarc takes 3 damage.
Elspeth takes 4 damage.

Caromarc and Elspeth must each make a Fortitude save.

In addition to all the above, it's now Caromarc's turn.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Sorry, pushed for time, and getting lost map-wise

Distraction
Fort save for Earl 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Fort save for Elspeth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Elspeth grabs the rags and twig from Caromarc, steps back and starts to assemble a makeshift torch.
Caromarc steps forward out of the cloud of bats and casts Ear-Piercing scream at a Sandman


Per +11

Mechanical Manservant runs for the downed zombie's torch


NPC

Hareton curses, unable to attack because he hasn't lighted his makeshift torch yet. He curses that he cursed, then feels utterly ungentlemanly.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

These AoO against creatures immune to weapons are killing me - what a tease!

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 3:

Status:

HP: 38/38 AC: 20 Conditions: Lingering archaeologist's luck

"Nicely done, Master Blackacre! Let's get the rest of these things dealt with." He smashes the other sandman solidly with his mace.

To hit: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27

Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7


DM

Caromarc and Blackacre press through, despite the gross crawl of the bats on their skin. However, Elspeth with her refined ladylike sensitivities, finds the whole thing too much to bear.

Elspeth is nauseated.

@Caromarc - since you are pressed for time, I can roll damage for Ear-Piercing scream. (If you prefer not, we'll redo.)

As Caromarc shrieks the ear-piercing scream the mach wave cracks the air, making the sandman and the air around it quaver. The sandman is clearly shaken. Rallying, it bobs and weaves, cricks its neck, and puts up its fists, ready to fight.

Damage for Ear-Piercing scream: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 3) = 12

The sandman made its Fort save and takes 6 damage.


DM

The sandman doubles over as the archaeologist's mace thuds into it.


DM

Round 4 -

Status update:

Hell hound 1 in the aqueous orb (unconscious...coup de grâce?)
Hell hound 2 (near La Siréene)
Sandman 2 (near Hareton, Quinn, Blackacre, Ianez)
Bat swarm 1 (on Blackacre and Quinn)
Bat swarm 3 (on Elspeth)


NPC

Hareton lights his dagger-torch and waves it at the bat swarm on his companions.

Bat swarm #1 takes 1 fire damage.


DM

It is Quinn's turn. Then La Siréene, and then Sandru.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Fortitude Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Not sure if I saved

AoO against swarm ==> Quinn takes swing with his fist but his attempt to affect the swarm was fruitless.
He then turns turns and performs a jump turning roundhouse kick to the sandman.

Attacking Sandman #2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage from kick 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

"18 Seconds. Sandru. Kill dog, please." For the first time, a slight sense of urgency has entered La Síréene's voice, always so calm.

La Siréene stares down the hell mutt, feeling the skin her arms numbing where the flame scorched her. By her mental commands, the Orb slides into the bats swarming Quinn, friend of undead policemen, lets it collide with the bats so intent on Caromarc’s blood, finally beating on the hell mutt, as if it was an afterthought.

DC 21
Hell Hound two 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
Bat Swarm one 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 (9 non-lethal damage after 50% increase)
Bat Swarm three 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9 (13 non-lethal damage after 50% increase)

Taking a step away from the hell mutt, but still staring it down, she cast "Resist Energy: Fire" on herself.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8
Quote:
@Caromarc - since you are pressed for time, I can roll damage for Ear-Piercing scream. (If you prefer not, we'll redo.)

Thanks - figured was better to get something short done fast than a much better post 7 hours later


DM

The sandman takes the swift kick to the head from the cop. It is starting to look pretty beat up.

The druid's war of attrition continues...the hell hound is suctioned up and tumbles backwards into the orb. The bat swarms are pummeled, but flutter ever faster, evading the suction and turbulence of the water.

It is Sandru's turn.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Taking up the chain I whip it outward, testing its weight and length... it writhes like some metallic snake.

I feel my anger begin to take over. My muscles grow and tighten, I feel the transformation. My legs pump as I charge the last of the sand-men. I lash out with my new weapon. It's his turn to go to sleep... for good.

Attack 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 14, rage, charge. Don't know if you're considering improvised weapon, if so... -4
Damage 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9, assuming 1d6

I'm close to giving up, this die roller blows.


DM

The sandman stares down Sandru's approach. It is worn down by all the attacks. The chain lashes out... It is all over. As if the whiplash severs some cortex of sentience, the creature jerks sideways and disintegrates into a pile of sand!

The next moment, the hell hound that was still awake loses its fight with the orb and falls limp into unconsciousness.

Blackacre's turn.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

La Siréene stares into the lights that are the hell mutt's eyes as they black out. She sees Sandru attack and obliterate the sand creature.

How strange. I failed to steadily stare down a manifestation of oblivion, I faltered, and yet I became victorious. I stood my ground, but only sufficiently. No more than what was required to succeed. Not an absolute success, which is strange, but sufficient. That will have to do.

Thinking of giving up? Boo. I would miss what you bring to the party.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

With the disruption of the sandman facing him, Ianez grins at Sandru and Quinn, then prepares to kill one of the two unconscious hell hounds when he's able to act.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

I'm assuming that I am not adjacent to either HH and thus can not administer a coup de grace

Blackacre trades his pistol for his sword and advances on hell hound 2.


DM

The bats -

First, Hareton, Blackacre, Caromarc, Elspeth, and Quinn continue to bleed from the bat attacks - each take 1 point of bleed damage for the round.

The bats continue to swarm upon Quinn.

Quinn - you get an attack of opportunity vs swarm #1. Take 1 damage and make a Fortitude save.

_______________________________

The other swarm keeps bombarding Elspeth.

Elspeth gets an attack of opportunity vs swarm #3. She takes 2 damage and must make a Fortitude save.

In addition to the above, it is Caromarc's turn and then Ianez.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Now that I've moved, doesn't the swarm have to pick one of us?
fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


DM

Blackacre, I edited the bat swarm's attack. Please disregard what I posted to you before.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Which Sandman is dead? Quinn is fighting sandman #2.


DM

@Quinn:
Both sandmen are dead and the hell hounds (1 & 2) are unconscious. Currently, bat swarm #1 is attacking you and bat swarm #3 is attacking Elspeth.

The half-elf is a seasoned policeman used to dealing with a crazy dwarf in the sewers. A mere swarm of bats is nothing to him.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Round 2: Caromarc HP 27/35 Elspeth: 9/17 Mechanical Manservant: 38/39
Fort Save for Elspeth [dice]1d20+2

Elspeth jury-rigged a torch last round as I recall?

Elspeth lights the torch with the tindertwig and starts flailing around her, moving backwards as she goes.

The Earl - though panicked about Elspeth - realises that the bats must be dispatched forthwith. Girding himself he runs into the station, heading for a gas light
assuming a gaslight station has gaslights. Double move and a final 15ft teleport if necesary. Avoid AoOs and orb if possible.


Per +11

The Mechanical Manservant grabs for the unlit torch, seeking to light it with the same spark he uses to light his master's pipe.
Can I get an estimate on whether the MM has reached, grabbed or lit the torch? Cheers


DM

@MM:
Yes, he has grabbed and lit the torch.

Ianez's turn now?


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 4:

Status:

HP: 38/38 AC: 20 Conditions: Lingering archaeologist's luck

Ianez makes his way over to one of the unconscious hell hounds and smashes down on it with his mace.

To hit: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Coup de grace action... Auto Crit. Edit: my bad.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

I think that's a full-round action, and I didn't think Ianez was close enough to either of them to do that.


DM

The mace plunges into the swirling orb. The dull crunch is muted by water.


NPC

Hareton strikes again at the bats.

Bat swarm #1 takes 1 fire damage.

Quinn's turn, then La Siréene.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn will use his turn to exit out of the swarm. Adding in a save roll if it is needed.
Save1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Any other bad guys around besides the swarms


DM

The save roll wasn't needed right now, but we'll count it if they attack you later in the round. There are the two hell hounds that can take more damage. I think you can still attack one if you want.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

OK Network, thanks.

Happy that the sandmen does not require his attention anymore, Quinn readies his bow and arrows and fires 2 shots towards the nearest hell hound.

Flurry of Arrows #1 along with confirmation of crit miss 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 131d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Flurry of Arrows #2 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Assuming miss.

The swarm distracts the half elf monk enough to miss his target.
"Damn this swarm."


DM

Ok, now La Siréene's turn.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Only mopping up to do, now. With a mental command, the Orb strikes both remaining bat swarms.

Non-lethal Damage: Bat Swarm #one 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8
Non-lethal Damage: Bat Swarm #two 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

La Siréene moves over to Gaston, rips off part of her shirt, and swiftly binds the bleeding wounds.

Heal Check, DC 15:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

"There you go, mad man," La Siréene smiles at Gaston.


DM

The first swarm swerves away from the orb, just out of reach. As the ball crashes into the other swarm on Elspeth, they disband and fly off in all directions.

Sandru's turn, then Blackacre.

(note: We will assume the orb returned to its original position, or at least that the PCs who moved towards it previously are still in a position to execute a CDG.)


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

30 is plenty of move, so that's sensible. I just forgot to mention it. Thanks, Network.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Assuming Sandru returns to his original position to attack the sandman.

Striking the sand-man took everything, I feel my strength abandon me... There is nothing I can do about the bats. These hell-dogs will not harm anyone else, ever...

The chain feels heavier now, but responds. It lashes out, striking into the churning water.

Damage 2d6 + 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + (1, 1) + 6 = 19, cdg


DM

The chain would deliver a thunderous crack...but again the sound is muted by water. The life force of the hound is extinguished.

Blackacre's turn.


DM

The bats -

First, Hareton, Caromarc, Elspeth, and Quinn continue to bleed from the bat attacks - each take 1 point of bleed damage for the round.

The bats scent the bite wounds on the fleeing half-elf. They chase and swarm on him once again.

Quinn - you get an attack of opportunity vs the swarm, and take 3 damage. (You've already successfully made your Fort save.)

Caromarc - you can post your attack now.


Per +11

The Manservant spins around, the dancing fire of the torch masking the magical glow but leaving strange double shadows dancing behind him.
Bolting forward he runs for the bats around Quinn.
not sure how to attack... 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18???


STATUE:?? BODY: 16/20 HP HP Per +11

Elspeth stops backing away, narrows her eyes and bolts towards the bats once more, seeking to meet up with the Manservant
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19???


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

How do the lights work here? Knowledge:Engineering 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

The air is the station is redolent with different scents. The harsh smell of rot and excrement from the sewers, the copper smell of blood that is more taste than smell, the thick moist smell of steam, The faint rotten-egg smell of sulphur, the guano dropped on him by panicking bats, and the burned smell where the hell-dogs had burned the walls.

Memory, as any student of enchantment can tell you, is most strongly linked to scents. Link a memory to a scent and your subject will trigger from that scent decades later.

The smells here; sulphur, steam, charcoal, guano and blood were a very strong trigger for the man who had once been Lieutenant Caromarc.

flashback (spoilered for space):

The trench sheltered seven men, and four of them were dead. The sniper had been keeping us down since dawn. The first fireball has taken out Graham and Jeffrey, and Michael had died before we had learned to take cover under the only protection we had. William died this afternoon when we thought the sniper had left and Bill ran for cover. The blast had knocked him back into the trench, but left a look of betrayal on his face.

"We just have to make it to dark. These things are expensive, he's not going to keep just dropping them if he can't see we're moving." whispered Carlisle, for what felt like the thirtieth time.

Carlisle was the most educated of all of us. He started training as a wizard, gossip went, but then something had happened and his master had volunteered him for the army. Still, his education got him into engineering rather than infantry.

We'd already been waiting twelve hours in the drizzle. That's probably what had saved most of us from the second strike. The first ball turned the drizzle and a fair bit of the two foot thick watery mud in the trench into steam. It clung down here with us like mist, meant when we dropped the sniper couldn't see where we were. Meant the second ball only hit a wall and made more steam.

With nothing we could do about the burns we'd taken the cold rain was the only consolation we had. I tried not to think what lying in murky water seeped in the blood, fluid and excrement of my dead mates was going to do to the burn on my hand.

"Bloody alchemists, hey." muttered George.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre administers a final blow to the remaining hell hound.

coup de grace: damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 + (7) + 4 + 1 = 26


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 5:

"Let's see if we can stop some of the bleeding; this worked when I ran afoul of the bats in An-Hepsu's pyramid." Ianez moves over to Caromarc and casts a healing spell on him.

Cure light wounds, cures: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 HP.

501 to 550 of 3,847 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.