Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


451 to 500 of 3,847 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

DM

I think that is so.


DM

@Caromarc:
You are familiar with the hunting instincts of the hell hounds. Once they escape the orb, or if it expires, they will proceed to single-mindedly chase down your party.

It is now La Sirénee's turn.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

They have Cover and are Entangled, yes; +4 AC for the former, -2 AC because of the Dex Penalty. We should finish these things of, in my opinion.

La Siréene walks over to Hareton and places a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to calm him.

”Well done. We should kill the rest. Orb won’t last.”

La Siréene holds out a hand towards the Orb, ready to move it at any sign of hostile movement.

La Siréene prepares to move the Orb as a readied action, rolling over a Hell Hound that escapes it.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

What is this thing? This big ball of water... I am glad I am not in it, except that I would come out clean. Cleaner than from walking in this sewer.

I walk over to the edge of the swirling water, seeing flashes of the dogs from Hell.

I try to strike at one of them.

Fishing in a Barrel:
Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Wasted Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Did his wish come true? Does he get sucked into the water? That would be funny... or at least if he fails a Relfex Save.
The Reflex 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Maybe he saves himself by letting go of his weapon, allowing it to get sucked in.


DM

@Mechanical Manservant & Elspeth - make a Perception check


Per +11

Elspeth: Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Manservant: Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 darkvision, low light vision.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

What is the status of all the hell hounds? I know two are trapped in the orb. The other?

Quinn says to the druidess, "Lady La Siréene, tire the dogs out. Thrash them back to hell. How long will the orb last."


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Ianez, the bard archaeologist is tanking, he sliced him in half. Done. So embarrassing... Ehem, after Sandru softened it up of course. That's it.


DM

Sandru stands firm. He swings and misses, but isn't sucked into the aqueous orb.

______________________

The Mechanical Manservant scans the tunnel from which you came. The darkness seems to shift, undulating patterns forming and reforming, a wall of motion...inscrutable...black. The manservant's sensors register input and run calculations. This returns a data feed with a null set. Unhelpful.

All of a sudden they shoot out of the tunnel in one continuous stream! About 15,000 of them!

They head straight towards the rear line of the party.

3 swarms of bats have entered the battle. They will all act together and take their turn after Blackacre's.

______________________

One of the hell hounds breaks from the orb and rushes your party. The druid's planning proves fortuitous; the huge ball rolls over it like a boulder and grabs it back up in its watery grasp.

______________________

Piles of sand...heretofore piled innocuously on the floor of the station, pick up as if by an invisible wind and begin to swirl around your feet. They form small dust devils around your party. The sand shoots upward and forms two pillars. For a brief flash, it's as if you saw see faces in the grit. They open their mouths with silent screams and stare at you with hollow eyes.

2 sandmen have entered the battle. They take their turns now (after the second hell hound and before Blackacre.)

The sandmen radiate an aura of sleep. Everyone must make a Will save (first sandman's attack.)

The second sandman morphs two muscular arms ending in giant fists. It bashes at Quinn, but swings wide and misses.

It is Blackacre's turn.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Sleepy Time:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


DM

Rough map of current positioning:

__Orb w/ 2 Hell hounds_________
_____Sandru, Ianez____________
_Sandman 2, Quinn, La Siréene___
____Blackacre, Sandman 1________
______________Hareton, Caromarc____________
_________________Elspeth__MM______________
_________________3 Bat swarms_____________


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre gapes at the new enemies before them, though it is not entirely an unproductive effort.

knowledge(planes) to identify the sandmen and their vulnerabilities and immunities: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

knowledge(nature) to identify the vulnerabilities and immunities of the bats: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Forgot that my Monster Lore class ability adds Wis modified to knowledge checks to identify strengths and weaknesses -- that's an additional +2 to each check.

Sleep save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

As he fires at sandman #1, Blackacre yells over the buzz of leathery wings and the cacophonous screeching of the bats, We must use some power other than weapons against these bats! Some magic, perhaps, to force them out!

Will apply bane (outsider(elemental)) to the pistol for this turn as a swift action, assuming I know enough to know that the sandmen are elemental outsiders
Attack Sandman: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 23
Damage sandman: 1d8 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + (1, 4) = 13


DM

@Blackacre:
You can tell that the sandmen are outsiders, but nothing more.

You can, however, recall much more information about bats. You know that they are good flyers, see well in the dark, and usually bite their victims causing them to bleed. They bother the concentration of spellcasters. They are immune to damage from weapons, splash weapons, and area spells. They aren't susceptible to mind-affecting effects.

Sandru and Blackacre withstand the sleep aura. Blackacre aims at the sandman and hits, but the creature shakes off some of the damage.

_______________________

The bats swarm over Elspeth, the Mechanical manservant, Caromarc, Hareton, and Blackacre.

Elspeth and MM get attacks of opportunity vs swarms 1, 2, & 3.
Caromarc & Hareton get attacks of opportunity vs swarms 1 & 2.
Blackacre gets an attack of opportunity vs swarm 1.

Elspeth takes 2 damage.
Mechanical manservant would take 1 damage, but I'm not sure he does since he doesn't bleed?
Hareton takes 4 damage.
Caromarc takes 3 damage.
Blackacre takes 1 damage.

Elspeth, Hareton, Caromarc, and Blackacre must each make a Fort save.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I am curious about this water, the girl is powerful.

The WATER, Blackacre! Release the dogs...

Do the doggies take 2d6 non-lethal every round? One was injured by Quinn, yes?


DM

Yes, that is right.


NPC

Hareton freaks out and waves his arms at the bats, but doesn't land an effective attack (his attacks of opportunity). He stay awakes despite the sandman's aura...but is revolted and nauseated by the feel of fur and leathery wings.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Saving throw against sleep 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 but Half Elves are immuned to sleep.

•Elven Immunities - Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.

Quinn feels the magic that wills him to sleep but it's either the stubborness of his elven heritage or his martial discipline that easily push the magic aside.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 2:

Will save: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24

The scholar is unmoved by the sandmen's magic. Ha! I've stayed awake through Professor Wolff's colloquia...on a full stomach...after traveling all night. This is trivial!

Untrained Knowledge (Planes) check to identify sandman weaknesses: 1d20 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 3 + 2 = 26

With that roll, does Ianez know about their DR type?


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I personally think an archaeologist should be familiar with anything "sand" (except maybe Sand-ru). That may be because we're Egyptian and my dad graduated school as a Classical Archaeologist and worked for the Dept of Antiquities (Aswan, Abu-Simbel, Giza, etc...) for a bit, before coming to the US of A.


DM

@Ianez:
You know the sandmen are elementals from the plane of earth. While they can't be critted or flanked, they are vulnerable to bludgeoning damage.


DM

Edit:

I gave Blackacre some erroneous information.

I wrote: They (bat swarms) are immune to...splash weapons, and area spells.

But actually: splash weapons and area spells actually do +50% more damage (vulnerable). "A swarm takes half again as much damage (+50%) from spells or effects that affect an area, such as splash weapons and many evocation spells."

So, sorry for another blunder. Thanks for bearing with me while I expertly misread the rules. :P

Splash away!


DM

To recap where we are now

Need to make Will saves vs sandman sleep aura: La Siréene, Caromarc, Elspeth.

Can make attacks of opportunity vs bats: Caromarc (2), MM (3), Elspeth (3), Blackacre (1).

Need to make Fortitude saves vs bats: Caromarc, Elspeth, Blackacre.

Next up - Caromarc and Ianez.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre flails wildly at a bat, pistol-whipping it into submission. It squeals and flaps to the ground.

I don't have a melee weapon out to use for my AoO, and there are plenty more bats, so I'm just going for dramatic (non-)effect with that description.

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Again, the creatures without even so much as an identity think they can match my willpower. Laughable. I will have to deal with those bat swarms, tough.

"On it. The Orb'll last 30 seconds."

Will Save 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Knowledge: Nature to recoginze bat swarms. 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Why do my good rolls always go to my best modifiers?


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

rolls:

Sleep
Will Save for Earl 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Will Save for MM (may be immune) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Will Save for Elspeth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Distraction
Fort save for Earl 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Fort save for MM (should be immune) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Fort save for Elspeth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Knowledges
Knowledge: Planes for Earl 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Knowledge: Planes for Elspeth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Knowledge: Nature for Earl 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Knowledge: Nature for Elspeth 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Assumign Caromarc is now inside a bat swarm, and had not finished casting SM II

Quote:


Spellcasting or concentrating on spells within the area of a swarm requires a caster level check (DC 20 + spell level).

But I think it means a concentration check

Concentration: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 DC 22

Elspeth and the Earl succumb to the sandman's aura, and collapse to the ground. The Earl's gateway tearing itself asunder into nothing.


Per +11

Realising he is helpless against the thousands of bats, the mechanical manservant sighs, unsure whether his master needs to be awakened.


DM

@La Sirénee, Caromarc:
Like Blackacre, you too know about bats. You know that they are good flyers, see well in the dark, and bite their victims causing them to bleed. They bother the concentration of spellcasters. They are immune to damage from weapons, but take extra damage from splash weapons and area spells. They aren't susceptible to mind-affecting effects.

@Caromarc:
I think MM is immune to most of what the bat swarms can do.

Caromarc recognizes that the sandmen are elemental creatures of the earth plane. While they can't be critted or flanked, they are vulnerable to bludgeoning damage.

Caromarc and Elspeth momentarily retch, but shake off the nauseation of the bats.

Caromarc, fyi I think this also now applies to you (and to all who are in the same space with a bat swarm): Swarms possess the distraction universal monster rule. Spellcasting or concentrating on spells within the area of a swarm requires a caster level check (DC 20 + spell level). Using skills that involve patience and concentration requires a DC 20 Will save.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Round 2:

Status:

HP: 38/38 AC: 20 Conditions: Persisting archaeologist's luck

Ianez switches to his mace and takes a swing at the nearest sandman, but narrowly misses it. "Sandru, they resist edges and points."

To hit: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Round 2: Caromarc HP 3/35 Elspeth: 2/17 Mechanical Manservant: 0/0

DM:

Getting a tad confused from the map. How wide is the tunnel? Bat swarms are 10x10, right? If I run through them they don't get an AoO? Do they do damage?


DM

Caromarc, where did everyone's HP go? Caromarc, Elspeth, and MM only took minimal damage from the bats. I think their current HP is Caromarc 32/35, Elspeth 15/17, MM 39/39.

However, I reread MM's character sheet, and am reminded he is susceptible to mind-affecting effects. He didn't make his save and fell asleep (although I suppose he too was awoken by the bats.)

The train platform is a circular area with a diameter of 75 feet. You are at one end of it, adjoining the tunnel from which you came (which is 20 feet wide.) And you are correct, bat swarms are 10x10.

I'm not sure there is anything preventing you from running through the bat swarm. Regardless, you will continue to take bleed damage each round. The swarms do not get an AoO.


DM

One of the hell hounds struggles against its watery prison. It does not succeed and collapses unconscious.


NPC

Dr. Grey's stomach feels queasy, but it has the side-effect of jarring him out of his reveries about Olivia. He retrieves bandages from his medical bag, and frustratedly starts tearing them into pieces. He wraps one around his dagger, then throws some scraps to Caromarc and some to the mechanical manservant.

"Here!" he shouts. "Take this and wrap it around your weapon! If we light them on fire, we can at least do something!" He takes an alchemical tindertwig and hands it to Caromarc. "Strike this against the wall to get a flame!" (A standard action.)

He heaves and catches himself, then turns to the others. "Sandru!" he calls. "The flask I gave you! Remember the flask? It is an elixir of fire-breathing!"


DM

I am not sure if Caromarc's turn is over? But after Hareton, it is Quinn's turn.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

used to tracking wounds, sorry
Round 2: Caromarc HP 32/35 Elspeth: 15/17 Mechanical Manservant: 38/39

Caromarc gets to his feet, then runs up the right side of the tunnel away from the bats...
provoke attack from Sandman
...followed by Elspeth.


Per +11

The Manservant steps to his feet, advances 5 feet towards the Sandman and attempts to grapple it while it is still distracted by Caromarc.
normally constructs are immune to mind affecting effects and sleep. MM should still have the last.
grapple1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Not sure if sandman can make multiple AoOs, guessing not


Per +11

Is it okay if Mechanical Manservant takes the rags? Sorry about delays, was typing up Caromarc when you posted. Can edit...


DM

The sandman makes a slam attack against the wizard, but does not hit.

The Manservant tries to grapple the sandman. It shifts its form and slips away from his grasp.

Hareton still tossed the rags to Caromarc and MM, so they can still have them.

Caromarc and Elspeth reached the tunnel, and now I think it might be Quinn's turn.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

I think there is a sandman with me, unless otherwise please correct me.

Quinn hears Ianez statement about resisting edges and points. He lowers his bow and keeps it in his left hand, then he makes an arcane connection with his small "holy" symbol. The symbol glows and an invisible wall of force surrounds him. Casting Mage Armor - Standard Action
"Well....I think it's time to get close and personal."

Quinn's new armor class is 24; 25 with Dodge against the sandman.


DM

It is La Siréene's turn. Then it will be Sandru, then Hell hound #2 and the sandmen.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

An ally in the line of fire... what was the phrase, again? Ah, yes.

La Siréene walks calmly out of the way, turns around to her allies, and speaks up. Provoke attack from Sandman 1 for walking.

"Apologies. 24 seconds left."

With that, the Orb rolls towards the bat swarms, sloshing back and forth, and collides with the construct, one of the sandmen and the bats surrounding Hareton and the mad man.

DC 21. Damage rolls (note that +50% damage needs to be added for the bats if they fail their save.)
Swarm one 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
Swarm two 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
Sandman one 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5


DM

Since the bat swarms occupy the same space as Hareton and Blackacre, don't they also take damage?


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

No - The Orb is not actually touching them, as the Orb is occupying two of the 6 squares the two Bat swarms occupy. The large size off the swarms is a disadvantage to the bats, as it makes it possible to hit them without hitting ones allies.

In short - The bats occupy the same squares as Hareton and Blackacre, but they also occupy 4 other squares. plenty of space to hit them.


DM

The sandman morphs his gravel into a fist, and throws a punch with crushing momentum.

La Siréene - take 5 damage and make a Will save.

The first bat swarm dodges the orb, but the second one and the sandman get battered by the water. The second bat swarm becomes disorganized and scatters back into nooks and crevices in the walls.

The water sucks in a small number of bats. They tumble around with the hell hounds. The sandman draws back and stands firm against the vortex.

Sandru's turn.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Will Save1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Ouch. And the mindless drone makes a second pathetic attempt. Embarrassing.


DM

La Siréene resists the sandman's sleep effect!


DM

There is a pile of debris beside the tracks.

@Sandru:
You notice a length of chain amid the rubbish.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Instinctively, I scan the rubble for something to beat these sand-men with. I see the chain. Chains used to hold me, now one will save me.

I move and reach for the dead metal. I will give it life.


DM

So, assuming Sandru taking the chain is his action this round.

One hell hound remains conscious. Its eyes flare bright red, and it kicks and jackknifes free of the aqueous orb. The dog charges La Siréene, its features twisted with bloodlust and rage. It opens its mouth and shoots a stream of fire.

La Siréene, make a Reflex save.

The sandmen take a couple of swings at your party, but their hits do not land.

It is Blackacre's turn, then the bats. Then it will be Caromarc and Ianez.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

La Siréene, already focused on what is going around the Orb, gives a crazed grin as the last hell mutt breaks free, breathing fire and rage, and raises her arms to protect her features from the flame.

Yes! This is the joy of living!

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre takes a (5-foot) step back from sandman #1, reloads a barrel of his pistol (move action), and unloads it on the sandman.

Bane still up - 2d round
attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 2 + (3, 4) = 16

451 to 500 of 3,847 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.