Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Nevis Lodge: First Steps, Part 3 - A Vision of Betrayal

Game Master Paizo Fan


101 to 150 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Taldor

As Crar leads his horse toward the bridge, it takes a tentative step to put it's front hooves on the wet slimy log, but feeling unsafe and nervous, it rears and pulls away.

Crar's Reflex Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 DC=7, fail damage 1d2 ⇒ 2 HPs damage

Crar, maintains his grip on the pony's bridle, but on the slippery log bridge his feet give way and he crashes into the remnants of a major branch which breaks and large sharp wooden splinters pierce his body and legs, leaving him bleeding and bruised. Yet still he hangs onto the pony, bringing it under control again. Crar walks the pony in circles in the clearing, as he calms it down. How to get the pony across to the other side of the river?

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar grimaces as he looks down at his bleeding leg, though he feels as though his pride has suffered the worst damage. "Uh, anyone want to help me get this timid beast over the water? Birds, birds are more what I'm used to. Any giant owls going about? Would be much easier to just fly over this obstacle." The feathered shaman shakes his head.

I feel Crar is rapidly becoming the comic element of the game. :)

Taldor

Fly ...hmmm ... swim ... hmmm ... walk ... hmmm ... burrow ... hmmm ... ride ... hmmm ... so many choices ...

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Latharel sees Crar struggle and attempts to help.

Handle Animal - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Taking a branch from a bush to 'motivate' the beast seems not to work.

Please repeat with me - I'm an urban ranger. Before I've finished this adventure I'm only useful for comic relief in regard to wilderness or animal checks.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ looks and tries to help, although not being trained in handling animals it will not do anything good.

your name fits - Latharel the Lost ;)

Taldor

Nester seeing the difficulty the Pathfinders are having taking the pony over the bridge, he calls across to them, "How deep is the river? Maybe you can ride it across? We need to keep going you know, already this has caused us delay." He seems rather annoyed at the delay, even more so by the treatment of the pony by Latharel. "But first, at least calm the pony down." with that he returns to the other side of the river and sits down, taking out a book and starts to read, "They're gonna be here sometime I think." Nester motions to Lillia, "Go over there and help them if you can?"

It takes about another 30 minutes to calm the pony down, taking a 20 on handle animal, before you can attempt to get the pony to the other side of the river.

Knowledge(Geography) DC=7:

The river looks about 5ft deep at its deepest point.
The pony would have to be strong to cross as the water is fast flowing.

Knowledge(Nature) DC=7:

A rider would be able to encourage the pony across with the right skill.
A pony is stronger than normal people +1, and being a quadruped has better balance on the rocky ground.

Here's hoping even with the urban ranger's help! you can make it across ... who'd have thought it would be so difficult ...

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

"A pony should make it - four legs, just need someone to encourage it," Targ offers as an opinion.

Knowledge Geography 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Knowledge Nature 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
knowledge(geography): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"As I was saying," Lillia says with an arced eyebrow at the antics, pulling her staff out of the river where she had been prodding, and tapping it on the ground to shake off the mud, "perhaps fording would be easier... it doesn't seem too deep over here."

Qadira

Sorry guys. I'm a bit stupid.


wild empathy (to coax mount to ford the water) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
ride 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
swim 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9 in case Crar ends up in the drink; includes penalties for being fatigued

Crar attempts to get his pony to ford the river.

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Latharel helps Crar in his endevour

Handle Animal Assist 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Having dropped the branch seems no longer to spook the horse - but he doesn't seem to help either.

This disaster reminds me of my Falling Fortress game. A group of 5 or 6 and not a single rope between us. In the end we build a ramp of dirt to get up to the second level as some members just wouldn't manage to climb up to it - either because of low skills or dreadfull dice rolling. The poor GM was frustrated for us taking half an hour to climb up ...

Taldor

With Crar's encouragement the pony steps into the cold clear waters of the river from the grassy river bank into the stone and rock floor of the watercourse. The pony's hooves are sure and solid as they take Crar deeper into the waters passageway. The current buffets both pony and rider, the icy waters splash all over Crar's legs and clothing. The water like piercing icicle bolts shocking Crar's skin and waking it with the shock of life. His skin pales and whitens where the water reaches and seeps in contact with his skin drawing warmth from him. The pony struggles to walk straight across to the opposite bank, and is pushed into a diagonal by the dangerous current. The pony's strength holds as it begins to emerge and gratefully climb up out of the deep centre of the river. With each step of its hooves the pressure lessens and Crar sits atop the pony as it eases out of the water. It was only a few moments, barely 30 seconds to cross, but to Crar and his steed, it seemed a lot longer. The pony shivers as the water drips from its brown lightly furred skin onto the grass at the top of the bank.

Crar looks to the sky, the sun is well past its zenith, almost falling below the trees, "It must be about 4pm." he states. Nester shakes his head, "And now?" he asks impatiently.

Do you want to continue on another few hours and find a camp or do you want to set camp here for the night? Or anything else you might want to do.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

"let's make up some time, then settle for the night," Targ suggests.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

"I agree," Lillia intones, "I doubt it's a good idea to make camp near fresh meat, it'll probably attract scavengers."

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1
Latharel the Lost wrote:

This disaster reminds me of my Falling Fortress game. A group of 5 or 6 and not a single rope between us. In the end we build a ramp of dirt to get up to the second level as some members just wouldn't manage to climb up to it - either because of low skills or dreadfull dice rolling. The poor GM was frustrated for us taking half an hour to climb up ...

Were you on that table, too? The post-midnight slot at Oddcon a few years back, run by Crispy?

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

"Brrrr, I feel like a block of ice, but we're across at last. I think we've held everyone up long enough, when we're trying to get overland as quickly as possible. I say we press on as much as we can before we have to make camp."

Unlikely to do much good for my fatigue, but hey we soldier on. :)

As the group rides on, Crar shivers inside his bird costume. In the gathering dusk, he contemplates casting his flame spell, both for light and to warm up himself and his pony. Tired enough already, no point in developing hypothermia as well. "Hey Nester, not sure I asked you before, does this pony have a name?"

Looking at the description for produce flame, I'm assuming that just holding the flame in your palm would have a warming effect without doing any harm. Then again, with a duration of only a minute I'm not sure how beneficial it would be.

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP
Lillia Stetven wrote:
Latharel the Lost wrote:

This disaster reminds me of my Falling Fortress game. A group of 5 or 6 and not a single rope between us. In the end we build a ramp of dirt to get up to the second level as some members just wouldn't manage to climb up to it - either because of low skills or dreadfull dice rolling. The poor GM was frustrated for us taking half an hour to climb up ...

Were you on that table, too? The post-midnight slot at Oddcon a few years back, run by Crispy?

Could have been OddCon - but maybe also Games Expo. It surely wasn't the midnight slot as I played with my young daugther at the time. And Andrew Bourne was the GM. Good to hear we haven't been the only ones ...

Taldor

As you move away from the river following what was once a path through the overgrown forest, you are slowed and have to hack through the undergrowth. Even now the sun seems to be falling into twilight, when you come across a small clearing. Nester, his clothes still clean, as the guest and protected envoy of the Lodge, he has limped his way after you, pulling his pony. He speaks, "Do you intend to make camp tonight, is here safe? Soon the forest will once again be dark and the creatures of the night will be prowling once again." He has a good point, you estimate you have half an hour before it becomes quite dark.

You ascertain the position and decide to camp.

I use the default watch order. Crar and Nester; Latharel and Targ; Lillia and Bedmyr
I need the following from each of you.
Survival check (even untrained)
Perception check for your watch
Sense motive checks
Crar are you wearing armor or not tonight? (for sleeping, on watch in armor unless you tell me otherwise)

DM Screen:

1d3 ⇒ 1

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ can take middle watch, esp., as he can see in the dark.

Survival check 1d20 ⇒ 16
Perception check for watch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Sense motive check 1d20 ⇒ 20

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Armor - I was originally thinking that Crar's hide armor was part of his bird costume, which was why he slept in it; for him, taking it off would be like sleeping naked. But thinking a bit more about it, doesn't make sense, does it? He'll take off his armor this time around, though he'll keep it on for his watch.

Crar is happy to continue taking the first watch.

Good rolls, Targ!

Current HP 6/8

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Survival 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Sense Motiv 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Latharel slowly starts to feel more comfortable in the wilds.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Taldor

As the group get used to setting camp and finding natures bounty of previsions, you quickly make camp, setting the fire and cooking two freshly caught and killed brown rabbits. Water and wine is drunk to relieve your thirst and dull the aches of a day travelling through the forest. Conversation is limited as tiredness takes a grip on the party. Settling down to sleep until their watches, all except Crar and Nester, snuggle under blankets near the fire. the red glow of warmth from the burning wood helps sooth you as your eyelids close and the smell of pine transports you in your dreams to a safe haven. Crar and Nester look on, taking turns keep the fire built and the wood glowing, a tin line of dark smoke rises into the darkness of the canopy above, lost from sight.

It is about half way through the watch that Nester elbows Crar in the ribs. An eerie silence seems to have descended on the forest close by, even the wood in the fire seems reluctant to crackle. A slight rustle in the leaves above, unseen because of the night's darkness, is quietened and stops. Nothing but darkness surrounds the camp, strange and unearthly shades of deep black surround you. Nester speaks in a whisper, "Do you feel it?" he waits for the briefest moment, "I think we're being watched." At Nester's words, a shiver of cold runs down Crar's back, yet the back of his neck burns, as if eyes were burrowing into his being. Crar turns but sees nothing, just the darkness and threat of the forest.

DM Screen:

Nester Rees
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Sense Motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Percentile 1d100 ⇒ 75, 1d6 ⇒ 2
Stealth 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 + 4 = 34

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

"Aye, I feel it," Crar responds. Getting up slowly, the half-elf makes his way over to Bedmyr's side and tries to rouse the dwarf. "Bedmyr, wake up. We could use your dark-loving eyes. Do you see anything out there?" Bedmyr makes sure he has his spear ready.

Taldor

Bedmyr groans then rubs his eyes as he is disturbed in his sleep. "What?" he says in a deep hoarse voice. He rolls out of his bedding and slowly gets up on a knee. "Urgh .. where's my axe?....arhhh here we are my little beauty." and he takes hold of his axe as his chain shirt falls and straightens as he gets up. "So where is it? Where is the threat?" he surveys the surrounding area.

Not seeing anything his bushy brows knot together as he frowns at Crar, "Well? As he looks at Crar's concerned face, he feels a presence and shifts from foot to foot rocking as he turns 360 pulling on his beard ... "Hmmm" he says thoughtfully.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Being as Nostrus hasn't been with us for some time, I'll NPC him until he returns.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

"I'm not sure, Bedmyr. Just a sense that there's something out there. I thought I felt it before, maybe there's something stalking us. I thought your eyes might better be able to pierce the night." Crar continues to scan the darkness. Then, considering the weight of the feeling, he moves over to shake Targ awake. "Targ, wake up. Might be a wild goose chase, but we might need your eyes."

Crar has the Eagle Eyes feat, would that add any to the distance that he can see in dim light?

Sorry Pete, forgot that Targ would have darkvision as well. Should have woken him first, especially since he has the next watch.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ grunts as he gets woken, "grh, what's up? Something attacking us," then he awakes properly. Shakes his head to wake up totally, "something moving about you said?" with this he falls quiet and listens and tries to make out anything.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Taldor

Before Targ awakes and gets to his feet, Bedmyr suddenly speaks, "Crar, do ya feel it, its gone. I don't feel it anymore, you know what you were saying, a feeling of being watched. I don't get that anymore. I felt the eyes earlier, but couldn't see a sausage in the dark forest depths, not even with my sight." He wanders around as Targ gets to his feet. Targ, you see anything?, but Targ nods that he hears nothing untoward, nothing unusual can be seen.

The three companions start to prowl around the camp, moving to the edge of the fire's glow, but nothing seems to move, the uneasy quiet still remains for several minutes. The crackle of wood on the fire, startles you as you concentrate looking into the shadowed blackness, you turn round but it is just the fire. Slowly after that, you begin to hear other noises returning, scampering, the sounds of the night creatures returning. Mice and voles scamper through the leaves and other debris on the woodland floor, a normality seems to return. The edginess in the air subsides, even the clouds seem to lift, allowing the moons silver rays be seen slipping though the small holes in the wooded canopy.

The rest of the night passes uneventfully and light breaks through the canopy with the rays of the weak morning sun.

Taldor

Oh yes, perception checks please.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Waking with the dawn, Lillia reluctantly sits up, rubbing her shoulder where it had begun to ache from the past nights sleeping in the wild. "'Morning," she offers in a dry voice, before reaching to her waterskin to take a long drink.

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Perception check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Taldor

The group prepare themselves for the new day, and break camp to resume the trek through the forest. According to your calculations and the map you still have several miles to go though the forest, as you realise the going has been tougher and slower than you originally thought, as warranted by the tears in your clothing from the brambles. You appear to be heading into even denser forest, the undergrowth like a dark green and hostile barrier, through which you slowly cut your way. Flashing steel, bites into the greenery, breaking through and exposing the creamy colored centres of branches. Spikes from thorns cut and scratch you, you must dismount and take the horse through in single file leading them on their way. More than once or twice you wonder if you have lost the track and are wandering lost in the disorienting mass of trees, but you keep on.

You make slow progress throughout the day, until eventually as evening approaches you find an easier path, which you follow. After an hour, you reach a clearing and with darkness only a short time off decide to make camp. You quickly start a fire to keep the cold night air at bay, take care of the horses, rubbing them down and letting them graze on the short grass that grows, always keeping watch. The smell of cooked meat soon permeates the air, your mouths salivate at the aroma. The evening leads to night and a satisfied sleep takes you all, unless you are on watch.

The night has almost past, Lillia is alone on watch as it seems Bedmyr as half nodding off, as he breathes heavily into the nights air. She watches the burning embers, thinking of the times she went camping with Kastia and Velorn Stetven and the songs around the fire. Her reveries are suddenly shattered as the sound of a growling beast bursts from the undergrowth, sinking its teeth into Latherel's sleeping body. Lillia's momentary shock at seeing the earless black panther-like beast means her reflexes are dulled, not so the ponies who neigh loudly in fear of the blood-thirsty animal.

Init Order C1, Lillia, Targ, Bedmyr, Latharel, Nester, Crar.

2 points of damage to Latharel
Blue triangles are asleep, except Latharel who wakes this round to find something biting him so may act.
Perception check DC 5 to wake without help.
You are up .... Map

Knowledge(arcana) for more on the creature.

Latheral:
Your character sheet shows you as having ghoul fever ... I would have thought you had it treated when in Absalom?

DM Screen:

2d8 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 34
1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 26

Initiative: Bedmyr 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Initiative: Crar 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Initiative: Latharel 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Initiative: Lillia 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Initiative: Nester 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Initiative: Targ 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Initiative: C1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 damage 1d6 ⇒ 2

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

ZZzzzzz....
For now :)

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

After a moments stunned silence at the sudden appearance of the creature behind her, Lillia stumbles forward with a warning shout. Spinning clumsily around her silvery hair lashes out at the beast.

5' step south, and activate prehensile hair.
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10, damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Taldor

Crar wrote:

ZZzzzzz....

For now :)

Crar, you (and anyone asleep) may make a perception check to be woken by the noise from the ponies, when you come to act.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ wakes up by the noise, realizing the danger he grabs his weapon and stands up.

Perception to wake up 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

perception check to hear ponies and wake up 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

I'm at the end of the round, but here is my action in advance, unless something tries to eat me in the meantime.

Grand Lodge

Latharel grabs a dagger and tries to hit the beast.

1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 prone

Taldor

Crar wrote:

perception check to hear ponies and wake up 1d20 + 6

I'm at the end of the round, but here is my action in advance, unless something tries to eat me in the meantime.

You get the perception as a free action to wake, you still can do some stuff

Taldor

Bedmyr stirs from his sleepy stupor, "blah, what! Latharel ... OH!" in one reflex movement he picks up his loaded pistol and....."Take that you vicious cat." a loud retort is heard and a puff of smoke as Bedmyr fires at the black cat attacking Latharel.

Ranged attack with pistol 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 4 = 2 into melee, Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8

Nester wakes and scrambles away from where Latharel lies being bitten by the beast. He seems very taken aback and frightened, shocked by the turn of events. He immediately makes for the ponies.

I'll wiat in case Crar has anything else he wants to do, before we start the next round.

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

"Help, get this beast off from me. It's killing me."

Current AC (no armor = 10 (14 - 4 prone)

I realize I don't even have knowledge nature to figure out what this beast is and how dangerous it is. Time for level 2 to reconnect Latharel with his roots as ranger.
And without armor I'm currently a good meal.

GM:
I've just removed the Ghoul fever. Yes - this should have been handled after last game - as otherwise I'm either cured or a ghoul by now. Will deduct 150 gp for remove disease.
I also need updating as Latharel doesn't yet have his bow in the online format.

Qadira

Does this mean Crar's awake? Excellent! In that case..

Crar wakes, his eyes opening and frowning as he registers the sounds of combat. After a moment's hesitation, he rolls to his feet and grabs the closest weapon to hand, his spear. Standing, he notices the black beast attacking Latharel and hurls his spear at it, but his aim is off.

Throw shortspear at the creature. From the other posts, I'm assuming I'm throwing into melee; if not, then please add +4 to combat roll.
shortspear attack 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (12) - 3 = 9
shortspear damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Taldor

As the group all rise and the restfulness of sleep is replaced by the adrenalin of danger, Latharel looks up to see bloodied teeth with his flesh ripped and caught in the black beasts mouth. The half-elf stabs at the neck, but the creature just moves its head up as it looks at the movements around, the blade flashes but hits nothing. A loud retort, followed by the cracking of branches breaking as Bedmyr's shot flies through the undergrowth. A spear is launched at the black cat, but in his sleepy state Crar's miscontrols his throw as the weapon wibbles and wobbles through the air, slapping onto the cat's back and bouncing into the undergrowth. The cat reacts and stares at Crar. Lilla's hair slaps into the beast's face, causing it to shake its head as it focuses it's eyes once more on Crar. Its purple eyes seem to mesmorise those looking at the creature, until it lets out a deafening roar, a scream on pain. You watch in horror as the creature pulls the skin back from its face, revealing the musculature and bony structures of its skull. The loud screech emitted whilst peeling back its skin pervades the atmosphere with fear, which is centered around Crar.

Knowledge(Arcana) required to learn about the beast.

DM Screen:

Initmidate(demoralise) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Crar:

@Crar shaken for 2 rounds, -2 on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.
@Crar Will Save DC=12 or be frightened.

Round 2 - you are all up

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Will save (includes penalty for shaken) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Crar frightened as well then.

Round 2 action
All color drains from Crar's face as the unnatural beast pulls back the skin around its face, revealing a ghastly visage. Horror strikes his heart, and only one though registers in his mind - run away!

The half-elf shaman turns and runs away from the beast, oblivious to the plight of those still in the camp.

Frightened, if creature is still alive on Crar's turn then run x3 60ft directly away from creature, to square M20 I think.

I love these creatures! So strange to be coming up against one as a player though...

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Latharel sees Crar running away. So far it seems that no help was coming from his comrades and his own situation looked desperate.

Free action - drop dagger

Move action - standing up from prone and drawing the elven curved blade.

Latharel braces himself against the attack of opportunity from the beast (AC 14).

If possible 5 foot step to move into flanking - opening up flanking for someone else.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

But the attack misses woefully.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ steps next to the creature and attacks.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Bite 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Taldor

As Latharel gets up, the creature bites into his unprotected leg, ripping flesh from his thigh and spurting blood onto the floor. The beast chews on flesh as blood and gore drips from his bloodied mouth.

@Latharel AoO ... 2HPs damage

DM Screen:

Bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 damage 1d6 ⇒ 2
Crit confirm 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Targ - let's try to get the beast between us!

Not that flanking would have helped us so far. I'm just glad the damage so far is minimal. We are currently atrocious how we fight.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

Hopefully the dice will favour us a little more, soon.

Lillia's hair continues to whirl about her, but rather than continuing her seemingly ineffectual assault, she glares at the strange beast with her green-glowing eye, and emits a metalling screeching sound from deep within her throat.

Evil eye, for -2 AC for 7 rounds, or 1 round if it makes the Will save DC 14. Increasing either of those durations by one round with cackle.

101 to 150 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nevis Lodge: First Steps, Part 3 - A Vision of Betrayal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.