Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Nevis Lodge: First Steps, Part 2 - To Delve the Dungeon Deep (Inactive)

Game Master Paizo Fan

Map of Asad's Keep - Updated 24/04/2012


101 to 150 of 354 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Did Kernsten fnd a place to hold the torch? from his last action.

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Latharel moves forward - trying to hack at the creature or sever the appendage that is grappling Crar.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Thread confirm 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Latharel has a fierce look on his face as the dagger slices deep into the creature.

"I hope simple steel can harm this creature"

Hittng into a grapple is no different as to hitting into melee. Actually it can be worse for the grappler as he loses some of his Dex.

Grand Lodge

Kernsten - Latharel could take the torch - fighting with a dagger he has one hand free. Depends if the GM needs me to occur an additional move action as I already posted.
Alternatively - drop it. It shouldn't extinguish that quickly.
But you might want a torch holder on your shield. I thought I had seen something like that in one of the advanced books.
I'm too used to magic light to have one myself with one of my characters.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ moves forward, trying to hit.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Kernsten drops the torch on the floor behind Latheral as he moves forward to attack the globby creature, pulling out his flail as he does so. But in the darkened cavern, his eyes can't adjust quickly enough and his weapon falls short of it's intended victim.

Flail power attack 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 1 = 7
Flail power damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP


I will be on my way to Tactica in Hamburg tomorrow morning. I'm back Monday evening. There is a chance I might post from there, there is also a chance I might not post at all for 4 days.
I just thought I let you know.
I just post already an attack for next round.

Latharel swings his dagger again

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

I seem to be on a roll here. That would have been even more devastating with the Curved Blade.


Crar, with Lillia's assistance, is able to break free of the creature's grip. Kernsten strikes the creature with an almighty blow, splattering some of it on the wall behind. Targ similarly cuts the creature with his weapon.

Switching to a more threatening target, the ooze attempts to strike Kernsten.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Acid: 1d3 ⇒ 3

However, it manages to strike the Paladin and then Latharel steps up and neatly cuts it deeply, causing the ooze to rise up before losing all cohesion and falling apart.

COMBAT ENDED!

What do you guys want to do next?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Kernsten picks up the torch and looks around the cavern, wondering what made that gooey creature take up residence. If all is clear, "The north western door?"

Perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

The Exchange

"Thanks for helping me out there, Lillia. I was really getting cooked. Well done you guys for destroying that slime." Crar looks down at his boots, which are still smoking after being burned by the creature's acid. He checks his wounds, and grabs one of his amulets. "Would you mind if I attempted some healing before we move on? I was nearly done for there."

Current HP:
4/8

How much healing power do we have as a group? I was just wondering whether to use my CLW spell now or use Heal and save it for later. The thinking being if I get caught out and go under before we get a chance to use it, I'm low on hp. And what about you Kernsten? You've taken a hit too, you might need it more than I do.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Just over half, which might be a little dangerous for Kernsten.

Current HP:
7/12


You can make any healing rolls you want to, but I'll move things along for the purposes of sorting things out.

Kernsten opens the door. Inside lies a cramped chamber which stinks of something worse than rotten eggs. A black mildew covers the walls and the three doors that lie beyond the entrance. Each has a small metal slot at its bottom, but the latched covers long ago rusted away.

From it's appearance, Kernsten figures this to be some kind of prison room.

Map updated!

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ moves over and peeks inside.

The Exchange

Crar does indeed use his healing spell, focusing instead on Kernsten and knitting the paladin's hurts back together. Afterwards he follows the othes, curious about what might be in the next chamber.

Cure Light Wounds on Kernsten: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Kernsten smells the mustiness of the room, "Surely there can't be anything of interest in there?", but with Crar's curiosity getting the better of him, Kersten accompanies him into the room, his torch once more lighting the way.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

"We'll probably not find the blade or documents we've been specifically asked to find, but you never know what's just waiting to be uncovered in some forgotten old corner. Clues about the identity of any captives, for example, could give an interesting new perspective on the failed siege."

Lillia has a cure light wounds prepared, but I think at such low levels it's good to keep it in reserve in case anyone is dropped.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

"Or some documents we are supposed to retrieve," Targ adds, and enters the area, and starts to search.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Standing in the middle of the room, with the torch held hih, Kernsten peers out into the room, seeking out evil hiding in the shadows. The light from his torch illuminates as much of the room as he can, helping his friends search the area.

Uses Detect Evil ability.


Everyone who enters the room gains the sickened condition.

Kernsten doesn't detect any evil. Targ locates a letter written in a strange language on one of the prisoners, which bears a broken seal of a kirin flying amid three clouds.

The letter is written in Tian. Anyone literate in that language?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Feeling rather unwell, Kernsten leaves the room, "Don't go in there, the air is making me feel ill, it's really isn't a nice place, but then I guess no prisons are." On leaving he goes and slumps down against a wall, taking deep breaths to clear his lungs of the putrid, rotten air coughing as he does so.

The Exchange

Crar has a look around in the room as long as he can stand, but finally the nauseous feeling in the pit of his stomach forces him to move back out. "No, I do not read that tongue. Ugh, what a horrid place."

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ will continue searching, holding his breath.


You located everything that is there to find, Targ.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

"So what's on that paper with the strange signs? Anyone know, looks very unusual that type of writing I wonder where it comes from?" say Kernsten, leaning back against the wall, slowly he gets to his feet, his breath coming back more easily now, but still feeling weak. He holds the torch higher so all can see the parchment.

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Latharel looks at the letter.

"Never seen this language. I guess we need to find someone back at the Grand Lodge who could help us."


Next step? There is an opening in the north east corner of area 3.

The Exchange

Recovered, Crar moves up to the opening on the other side of the chamber. "Anyone in there?" he says into the darkness.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Seeing the dark hole, Kernsten stays where he is for a moment, sitting against the wall. "You have a look first, you can see better in the dark than me."

Slowly he makes his way to his feet as his friends begin to make their way over to the black tunnel or whatever it is. Kernsten looks at the torch and the light it sheds, before breathing heavily he starts off to join the others.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ will have a look.

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Latharel draws his Curved Blade and moves closer as well.

"Lets be careful here."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Kernsten readies himself as best he can, in the light of the torch, he ensures his shield is attached correctly, poised to run forward.


Cracked and crumbling frescos line the walls of the large, empty room beyond lit up by Kernsten's torch. Those sections that have not been destroyed show Qadiran men engaged in battle. A rough stone tunnel leads off to the northwest as if the ground was simply cleft in two ages ago. As you stand looking around, a skeleton rises from a pile of bones just in front of you!

COMBAT INITIATED!

Initiative

Skeleton: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Kernsten: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Latharel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Targ: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Crar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Lillia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Order: Lillia, Latharel, Kernsten, Skeleton, Crar, Targ

Lillia, your turn!

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

"Anyone here with a more appropriate weapon? Not sure my blade will do that much against the skeleton."

Action delay

I also assume there might be limited space for everyone to fight / reach.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

Lillia, who had been looking intently at the murals, jolts to attention when the bones suddenly spring to un-life.

"Would this be better?" She asks, offering her quarterstaff to the elf.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Round 1:

Status:
HP: 7/12 AC: 18/11/17 Conditions: None

Kernsten drops his torch, pulling out his trusty flail. "Let me through, I'll smash these bones to pieces." With his flail and shield at the ready he advances on the skeletal warrior.

If possible he will take a position between the skeleton and his friends.

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Latharel nods with thanks to Lillia.

"Kernsten - off course I let you through.

Assuming there is enough space for 2 to attack

Dropping the curved blade and taking the Quarterstaff Latharel moves forward.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21 Damage 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

"Go where you come from foul abomination.

Edit: added bonus for favoured enemy. Hope I got all numbers right.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Startled at the skeleton's sudden appearance, Crar is taken aback. He takes a step backward as he grabs one of his amulets and calls on his totem spirits. Pointing at the skeleton, an arc of lightning leaps out at the undead.

5ft step back, lightning arc attack at the skeleton.

lightning arc ranged touch attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
lightning arc damage 1d6 ⇒ 2


Combat ended!

Latharel spins the quarterstaff expertly and smashes the skeleton's skull to pieces. With the necromantic energy no longer holding the skeleton together, it falls apart.

Next?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

"Great skill Latharel" the paladin speaks, yet he is still on edge, waiting for more evil undead to appear. In the darkness, he takes a stance at the front of the group, ready to defend against any attacker coming out of the black. "What was that all about, where did that undead horror come from?"

Kernsten waits in readiness to defend his friends and smash these creatures, should one appear in their midst. "Please someone take the torch, that I can see to protect you."

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Kernsten - can you scan ahead to check if more evil awaits us?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Certainly my friend..

Kernsten concentrates on the surrounding, particularly ahead.

Detect Evil as per paladin's special ability. I meant to put it on, to help detect any other skels suddenly appearing, but forgot thinking about the story bit... duh!

You guys gonna search the area, or are we heading straight on?

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

[b]"Search the area first," [b] Targ suggests, and goes ahead.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Kernsten can detect no evil within the immediate area. It appears the skeleton rose from a pile of bones; no doubt the mortal remains of the men trapped in the Keep when it was destroyed by the earthquake.

There are exits from this room in the north west and north east corners and on the eastern wall. You can also search the room if you like.

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Latharel has a closer look in case they missed anything

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

The skeleton disposed of, Lillia returns her attention to the murals covering the walls while Latharel searches the room itself.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Once everyone has stopped searching the room or studying its contents, Kernsten waves his torch at the small passage heading north. "Shall we go that way when you're ready. Best let someone check it out first, make sure it's safe."


Latharel locates 100gp in mixed coin, a golden crown, a masterwork shortsword and a wax-sealed tin scroll tube in the pile of bones that the skeleton rose from.

Lillia sees nothing untoward of the murals around the room.

I assume you're referring to number 8, Kern?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 HPs:7/12 Str: 14/16

Yep, I meant to say that..

Grand Lodge

Latharel takes the Shortsword

"This looks like a nice weapon. Anyone having some use for it? And anyone able to figure out what is in the scroll tube?"

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ shrugs, "I could make use of it. Let me chekc the door to the left." And he sneaks up and listens.

Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Targ hears nothing against the door on the left of the passage.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10

101 to 150 of 354 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nevis Lodge: First Steps, Part 2 - To Delve the Dungeon Deep All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.