Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Navior's We Be Goblins (Inactive)

Game Master Navior


351 to 400 of 464 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

@Chuffy: wow, talk about unlucky damage rolls...


Ah. I missed that the frog had moved. He'll have to stand up, five foot step (can't remember if you can do both) and make that kick. If no step allowed, he just stands.


AC 17 probably hits, so I'll put in some damage, too.
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

His strength is 2 higher than normal at the moment I believe, -2 from poison, +4 from potion.


Chiggo Firelungs wrote:

AC 17 probably hits, so I'll put in some damage, too.

1d4+2

His strength is 2 higher than normal at the moment I believe, -2 from poison, +4 from potion.

That's correct.

Chiggo lands a powerful kick on the frog, knocking it back ever so slightly.

Giant frog bite at Chiggo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The frog, looking very hurt, but not yet dead, croaks again and chomps down on Chiggo, who once again finds himself unconscious and bleeding on the deck floor. It's just not Chiggo's day today.

Next Up: Poog, Old Foofelah, Reta, Chuffy, Stinker, Pussl, Chiggo, Giant Frog.

Map Updated


Female Goblin Sorcerer (elemental: fire) 1

Poog is dazed, thankyouverymuch, before he kills us all by channeling again.

With an uneasy look at the cleric, Old Foofelah realizes she is going to have to take an active role in this battle or be taken out by collateral damage. Moving quickly down the southern wall of the cabin, she points at the frog over Chiggo's once-again-prone body. "You dies quick, froggy, before Zarongel kills us all." Elemental ray: fire Ranged touch attack 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 4 = 12 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1


Old Foofelah wrote:
Poog is dazed, thankyouverymuch, before he kills us all by channeling again.

Whoops! Right!

The beam of fire from Old Foofelah's finger only grazes the frog, singing a small portion of one leg. The frog's eyes suddenly fall upon Old Foofelah, noticing her for the first time. Hide from animals is cancelled.

ROUND 5

Active Magical Effects:
Shillelagh (Pussl)

Next Up: Reta, Chuffy, Stinker, Pussl, Chiggo, Giant Frog, Poog, Old Foofelah.

Map Updated


Where are my flankers?

Gorge of Gluttons:
to hit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 damage 1d4 ⇒ 3


Female Goblin Fighter(TWF) 8
stats:
AC 22; Int. +5; Perception +16; Hp's 78/79; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +6

Seeing Chiggo fall to the ground again, "CLUMSY POOG BETTER HELP CHIGGO, OR POOG GONNA MEET RETA'S BLADE!" She scowls at him as she steps over Chiggo to help out Chuffy with the frog.

Move to AX 10

Dogslicer: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7 +2 is for flanking

THIS. FREAKING. SUCKS!!!!! If it's not a freaking one, it's a freaking two!!! Un-freaking-believable!!! (Yeah, I wear my emotions on my sleeve. Is it obvious?)


Poog, still in half a daze, stammers, "Only -if -you- do not- eat - whole --tribe."


Female Goblin Fighter(TWF) 8
stats:
AC 22; Int. +5; Perception +16; Hp's 78/79; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +6

Reta looks at him curiously as she utterly misses the frog. "YOU STOOPID CLUMSY POOG! RETA NOT GONNA EAT TRIBE, STOOPID! RETA EAT FROG, STOOPID! TRIBE HELP RETA EAT FROG, STOOPID!"


Female Goblin Sorcerer (elemental: fire) 1

"Goblins kill frog now!" Old Foofelah snaps, not liking the way it's looking at her now that it sees her. The Zarongel-puppet will pay for making her waste her magic drink before all the animals were dead....


Words, at least, slowly return to Poog, "-why - you not -say- so? Self stupid-" The ringing in his ears was either slowly abating, or his hearing as a whole was slowly abating.


Reta attempts to move around the frog to get into a flanking position. As she does so, it croaks again and bites at her.

Giant frog bite AoO at Reta: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Ouch. I believe that takes her down, too. This battle was going really well for the party until you took down Vorka. That's just...weird.

It bites into Reta's side, tearing away a large chunk, and she collapses on top of Chiggo. Without Reta there to provide flanking, Chuffy's swipe at the frog misses.

Next Up: Stinker, Pussl, Chiggo, Giant Frog, Poog, Old Foofelah, Reta, Chuffy.

Map Updated
Chiggo's token is underneath Reta's.


If for nothing else, this adventure has been good for learning the stabilization rules...

Secret Chiggo things:
1d20 - 1 - 6 ⇒ (9) - 1 - 6 = 2Oh well, -7 it is.

Edit: Hey! Chiggo liking be on top!!


Pussl rolls his eyes at the efficiency of his fellow Licktoads. "Haw! Barking dog is silent at last. Stink! Kill bad toad!" He points to the toad to correctly identify the appropriate creature.

Stink steps forward and tries to bite and claw the toad.

5-foot step to AX10.
Bite Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Claw Attack 1: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Claw Attack 2: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Meanwhile Pussl turns to the chest and tries to open it up.


Stink lets loose on the toad, sinking his teeth into its stomach and tearing at its sides with both claws. The frog tries to croak and flick its tongue again, but the tongue just twitches and the frog "croaks" in a much less literal sense.

COMBAT OVER

Pussl opens up the chest to find fireworks, lots of fireworks! There are 14 Desnan candles, 20 paper candles, and seven skyrockets. You have clearly found the objective of your quest!


Pussl drops his club and grabs a skyrocket with each hand, grinning from ear to ear.

He turns to survey the survivors. "Good Stink! To me!" He looks to the others. "More fireworks for us with Barking Dog and broken dogslicer dead!"


Poog recovers his wits. "Licktoads! Licktoads! We be greatest Licktoad heroes ever! Just as Zarongel told me!" He starts an impromptu jig and sings loud enough for even Old Foofelah to understand:

"Liiiicktoads! Liiiicktoads!
Greatestest heroes of all!
Are you Licktoad? No!?
Then fear our teeth!
We stomp you and smash you and kill you for good!
And then you be food!
Liiiicktoads! Liiiicktoads!
"


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Poog suddenly realises that he needs more goblins to sing, so tries to get Reta and Chiggo back on their feet:

Heal check to stabilize Chiggo, DC 15 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Heal check to stabilize Reta, DC 15 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Heal check to stabilize Chiggo, DC 15 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Heal check to stabilize Reta, DC 15 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Heal check to stabilize Chiggo, DC 15 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Heal check to stabilize Reta, DC 15 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"Are you dead!?" He shouts at them, "Wake up Reta! Before Old Foofelah gets jealous that I'm touching your girly parts again!"


Chuffy goes back outside and looks for something they can use to carry the chest.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Poog of Zarongel wrote:

Poog suddenly realises that he needs more goblins to sing, so tries to get Reta and Chiggo back on their feet:

Heal check to stabilize Chiggo, DC 15 1d20 + 2
Heal check to stabilize Reta, DC 15 1d20 + 2
Heal check to stabilize Chiggo, DC 15 1d20 + 2
Heal check to stabilize Reta, DC 15 1d20 + 2
Heal check to stabilize Chiggo, DC 15 1d20 + 2
Heal check to stabilize Reta, DC 15 1d20 + 2

"Are you dead!?" He shouts at them, "Wake up Reta! Before Old Foofelah gets jealous that I'm touching your girly parts again!"

There are the two cure moderate potions...


Poog of Zarongel wrote:

Poog suddenly realises that he needs more goblins to sing, so tries to get Reta and Chiggo back on their feet:

Heal check to stabilize Chiggo, DC 15 1d20 + 2
Heal check to stabilize Reta, DC 15 1d20 + 2
Heal check to stabilize Chiggo, DC 15 1d20 + 2
Heal check to stabilize Reta, DC 15 1d20 + 2
Heal check to stabilize Chiggo, DC 15 1d20 + 2
Heal check to stabilize Reta, DC 15 1d20 + 2

"Are you dead!?" He shouts at them, "Wake up Reta! Before Old Foofelah gets jealous that I'm touching your girly parts again!"

Ouch, those are some unlucky rolls. They'll need some stabilization checks to see if they survive that long.

Chiggo stabilization: 1d20 - 1 - 7 ⇒ (20) - 1 - 7 = 12 -- pass
Chiggo has survived!

Reta stabilization: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 2 = 13 -- pass
Reta has also survived!

Although his incompetent prodding almost kills them by itself, Poog discovers that Chiggo and Reta are alive and stable.


Pussl stops in his jubilation and levels a firework at Poog. "Why does Poog touch the dead? Leave dead be! More for us. They not worthy of reward!"

Stink sees that Pussl is distracted and wanders away to begin munching on Vorka.


"Pussl stupid. Reta not die from giant frog. Look. See?" He demonstrates by lifting Reta's limp arm and letting it drop back onto the floor.


Female Goblin Fighter(TWF) 8
stats:
AC 22; Int. +5; Perception +16; Hp's 78/79; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +6
Chiggo Firelungs wrote:


Edit: Hey! Chiggo liking be on top!!

;)


Pussl grins and points the fireworks at the 'dead' goblins. "They can be more dead. Deadder."


As the goblins argue over whether Chiggo and Reta are dead, the dog on the deck above continues barking. After a short while, you hear a snap as it manages to break the chain holding it. After a moment, it jumps down onto the lower deck just outside the cabin door, barks twice, and then runs off with its tail between its legs.

If you want to take a parting shot at it with a ranged weapon or firework, you may do so. Otherwise, it leaps over the deck and into the swamp, then out of sight.


I want to shoot a skyrocket at it! Only I don't remember how it works. Do I roll a ranged to hit?

Pussl sees the dog apppear in the doorway and with a malicious grin aims the skyrocket at it and lights it with a snarl and a wiggle.

Cast Spark on the fuse.
Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 And -4?
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10


*Chuffy* wrote:

Chuffy goes back outside and looks for something they can use to carry the chest.

Perception: 1d20+5

Did you miss my post?


*Chuffy* wrote:
*Chuffy* wrote:

Chuffy goes back outside and looks for something they can use to carry the chest.

Perception: 1d20+5
Did you miss my post?

Whoops! I did miss it! In fact, I missed two posts: yours and Chiggo's that came right after it. It looks they were posted while I was writing the next post replying to Poog and I failed to notice them after I hit submit. Sorry about that.

Chiggo finds nothing on the main deck. Climbing up the stairs to the next deck, he sees the dog there. That's when it manages to break its chain, but it just runs past him, jumping down to the deck below. He can have the first chance at a pot shot at it, if you like.

Moving to the upper cabin...

Chuffy:
...he opens the door and finds a blood-splattered chamber of horror. Dead rodents, snakes, and birds have been variously nailed, tied, and hung around the walls. At the far end of the room, a large cauldron bubbles over an iron stove set against the aft wall, its stovepipe chimney extending up through the ceiling. A bloody burlap sack sits on the floor next to the stove. The center of the room contains a long, rickety table surrounded by chairs that contain several grisly decorations—a whole family of skeletal goblins, their bones bleached white and bound together by reeds and twine.


If nobody stops him, Poog will try to use the potions on Reta and Chiggo. Then, when he snoops around and sees what Chuffy has discovered he suggests: "Poog think we be heroes. And heroes should have their own celebration too! We can explode this place and burn it! Burn!"


The sight makes even Chuffy shudder in revulsion. He goes about finding as much flammable material that he can and brings it downstairs.


*Chuffy* wrote:
The sight makes even Chuffy shudder in revulsion. He goes about finding as much flammable material that he can and brings it downstairs.

The burlap sack is probably flammable. Upon looking in it, he discovers another horrendous sight: Scribbleface, or what remains of him. He's been chopped into several pieces. Clear proof, if ever any were need that writing words can, in the end, only bring you bad luck—or worse!

---

Down below, Pussl lights a skyrocket at the fleeing dog. The fuse lights and there's a brief pause while the dog jumps off the deck. Then it shoots out across the deck and over the swamp. 1d6 ⇒ 2 rounds later, it burst in a dazzling display of light and sound.
Alas, it takes a round to launch after lighting, which is more than enough time for the dog to get out of the way. Otherwise, you would have hit and killed it. :)


Chiggo's eyes slowly open as Poog pours the potion down his throat. He looks up to see Reta above him, her beautiful face close to his. Smiling his crooked-teeth smile up at her, he says, "Chiggo want Reta's girly parts, now." As he leans up to kiss her perfect wide mouth, fireworks fill the air around them, and the whining yelping bark of a dog seems like a hundred violins as Chiggo loses all connection to the world around the two of them...


After the first few glorious moments of fire, bangs and glorious cacophony, Pussl begins to realize that he'd missed the dog by several seconds. He glares at the other skyrocket with suspicion and then turns his eyes on the three goblins on the floor in front of him. Chiggo seemed to be preparing to eat Reta's face and Poog was holding a potion in his hand.

A wide grin begins to spread on Pussl's face as he turns the sky rocket toward the three.

Meanwhile, Stinker happily continues to enjoy Vorka's intestines.

Re Chiggos post: That was beautiful, man.


Female Goblin Fighter(TWF) 8
stats:
AC 22; Int. +5; Perception +16; Hp's 78/79; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +6

Reta's eyes flitter open as she wakes to the sound of fireworks. Realizing she is on top of Chiggo, she notices he's about to kiss her. Chiggo? She giggles as she throws her little arms around his neck and gives him the well deserved kiss she promised him from so long ago. Several moments later, well after the fireworks have already ended and realizing the other unimportant goblins are still around. (that is, if Pussl hasn't killed them all with his nuclear missile) Reta gets up and grabs Chiggo's hand, helping him up, giggling again. Turning to Old Foofelah, "OLD FOOFELAH, OLD FOOFELAH! IS GLORY WITH LICKTOAD TRIBE AND OLD FOOFELAH NOW?" She asks quite anxiously, as if she has something important that needs to be done.


Female Goblin Sorcerer (elemental: fire) 1

Old Foofelah turns her beady little eyes on Pussl suspiciously. "Birdcruncher traitor is trying to kill Licktoads and steal fireworks for traitorous Birdcrunchers!" she sounds the alarm. "Not enough they take Rusty Limbbiter, now they is wanting fireworks, too!"


Chuffy comes in carrying a load of all the flammables he could find that he was willing to carry. He casually walks up to the box of fireworks, next to Pussl and dumps them on the floor. "We burns it, when we leave." He says as a way of explanation. He's about to reach into the box for some fireworks before he realizes he's walked into the middle of a tense situation.


Female Goblin Fighter(TWF) 8
stats:
AC 22; Int. +5; Perception +16; Hp's 78/79; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +6

CMW 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 6) + 3 = 10

Reta gets distracted by Old Foofelah's accusation as she turns to see Pussl aiming a rocket at them all. She glares at him wickedly, "OLD FOOFELAH RIGHT. PUSSL TRYING TO BLOW US UP. MAYBE TRAITOR COWARD PUSSL WANT TO RETHINK WHERE HE AIMS PRETTY THAT GO 'BOOM'." She threatens as she draws her dogslicer out, waiting for the stupid goblin to decide.


Poog teems with too much excitement to notice, or even care, about Pussl's lack of heroic aptitude. "Pussl shmussl! We need get back show tribe greatness of its heroes!"


CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9 wow. Back to 2 hp!!

Chiggo's eyes narrow at Pussl, then he sees the danger and leaps in front of Reta. "No," he shouts, [b]"Pussl no blow up Reta's girly parts. Girly parts belong to Chiggo now.

Chiggo readies a charging kick for the first sign of spellcasting.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 13 That should barely get his flat-footed AC.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Of course, Chiggo is aiming for Pussl's squishies. Unfortunately, he has no Stunning Groin Kick uses left today.


Pussl rolls his eyes. "Bunch of stupids." Meaning Poog but he was smart enough not to actually say that. "Pussl watching for dogs. Reta blocking way while trying to mount Chiggo. Pussl think Reta doing it wrong, but what else from Barking Dog?"

He turns to grab more fireworks. "Grab fireworks! We go back to chief, be heroes. Play with parts later."


Chiggo's eyes narrow even further, but he doesn't say anything. He is quick to grab a hefty stash of fireworks for himself, however, just in case Pussl tries anything on the trip back.

Once he gets a big armload of fireworks and brings them back to share with Reta, he whispers to her,

Reta:
"Chiggo think Pussl not looking for dogs. Chiggo think maybe Old Foofelah right for once, and Pussl traitor. Chiggo think Pussl and Stink should not get back to Licktoad village."


Female Goblin Fighter(TWF) 8
stats:
AC 22; Int. +5; Perception +16; Hp's 78/79; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +6

Reta accepting the fireworks handed to her by Chiggo, listens intently.

Chiggo:
Thinking that's a fantastic idea, Reta forms a malicious smile as she moves her eyes toward the traitorous Pussl, then back to Chiggo, nodding in complete agreement.


Female Goblin Sorcerer (elemental: fire) 1

"Reta, what dog-loving Birdcruncher traitor say?" Old Foofelah demands. When Reta relays the message, Old Foofelah scowls at Pussl. "That just what dog-loving Birdcruncher traitor would say when he is found out. Old Foofelah is watching you, Birdcruncher traitor. And your little dog, too!"


Pussl laughs so hard he almost drops his fireworks. "Old Foofelah no need worry. Stinker not eat Old Foofelah...she just bones and gristle, not good food like Vorka!"

He makes sure to speak loud enough for even the old biddy to hear.


Chuffy only grabs a few fireworks. He plans on traveling light.


Female Goblin Fighter(TWF) 8
stats:
AC 22; Int. +5; Perception +16; Hp's 78/79; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +6

At Old Foofelah's words, Reta sniffs again just hoping to catch some form of dog scent from Stinker. Discouraged as she is still unable to pick up anything, Reta comes to the conclusion that the traitorous Pussl is probably using his magic to hide it. "Hm." She keeps an ever wary eye on the traitorous, dog-loving, cowardly, Birdcruncher lover.


With all the fireworks collected up, and various goblins keeping a close eye on each other, you make your way back off the ship. The body of the horse nearby is already attracting flies, which buzz about noisily, but otherwise the marsh is quiet.

The ship sits there, alone and abandoned. It almost seems to ask to be burnt. Who wants to do the honours?


Female Goblin Fighter(TWF) 8
stats:
AC 22; Int. +5; Perception +16; Hp's 78/79; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +6

As they make their way off of the ship, Reta eyes the ship and the dead horse. A fantastic idea comes to her. "LET'S BURN HORSE WITH SHIP! HELP RETA MOVE HORSE NEXT TO SHIP." She tells them all, except for Old Foofelah of course. "WE BURN BOTH!" She claps. As they all eventually get the horse moved right next to the ship, "CHIGGO! YOU BREATH ON SHIP AND HORSE SO THEY BOTH BURN PRETTY!" She tells him, anxiously awaiting the fun. Once Chiggo gets it alit, "Oooooooo, pretty." She can't help but exclaim as she looks in wonderment at the beautiful sight.

351 to 400 of 464 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Navior's We Be Goblins All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.