Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Navior's Serpent's Skull

Game Master Navior


6,651 to 6,700 of 8,191 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>

Douena hustles out of the way after giving Mahjik a bit of luck. Above, the chemosit notices its comrades fall, and it hesitates. Then, it turns around and rushes across to the other side of the hut, where it jumps down just out of reach of Sasha and begins making for the jungle. Double move to H-I 10-11. Damage for jump: 1d6 ⇒ 1 nonlethal.

"Come back here, you coward!" Pezock yells.

Next Up: Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou (subject to delayed action), Makoa, Shokambe (subject to delayed action), Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha, Douena, Chemosit.

Map Updated

DM Stuff:
1d20 + 4 - 6 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 6 = 11
1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 1 = 15


AC 14, FF 12 T 12; HP 36/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 1/4; Lvl 2: 3/6; Lvl 1: 2/7; Cantrip: at will

"Stay focused lover boy. Blood and demons is not romantic. Not even to Sasha."

Urza tries to burn it to ruin before it can get away.

Move to J14
Scorching Ray: RTouch
to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 damage 4d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 3) + 5 = 20


Hurrying after the fleeing chemosit, Urza lets loose another blast of fire that engulfs the chemosit. It burns away the beast's fur and sears its flesh. As this one began less injured than the previous one, however, it is still standing after the fire has done its work, albeit looking in a rather worse state.

Jask continues to tend to Sasha. Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11.

Next Up: Mahjik, Ishirou, Makoa, Shokambe (subject to delayed action), Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha, Douena, Chemosit, Urza, Jask.

Map Updated


hmmm... tricky

Mahjik suddenly tears across the scenery at frightening speed.

Mahjik uses a ki point to gain +20ft speed, then he double moves (120ft total movement) to H9. Try to move without provoking using tumble.

Acrobatics, tumble, full speed 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Acrobatics, tumble, full speed (bit of luck) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


In a flash, Mahjik races across the ground after the chemosit, and for those without low-light visionn, disappearing into the darkness on the other side of the beast (though he remains visible to those with low-light vision and to Urza, whose darkvision he is in range of). He tries to slip in under the chemosit's defences, but despite his speed, the beast is still able to react. It swings wide with its claw, but Mahjik easily ducks beneath.

Chemosit #3 AoO claw at Mahjik: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 -- miss

Ishirou takes this opportunity to hurry up to the other side of the chemosit to flank with Mahjik. Double move to I12.

Shokambe acts now as well, moving up beside Ishirou. Double move to H12.

Next Up: Makoa, Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha, Douena, Chemosit, Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou, Shokambe.

Map Updated


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Round 5: HP = 36/36 :: AC = 21 :: Touch = 14 :: Flatfooted = 18

"It looks like Sasha's alright," Lorenz calls back to Douena with relief. As he sees the dark shape of the final monster begin it's flight into the jungle, he moves forward and fires despite the darkness.

Move to L12. Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 45

Point Blank Deadly Aim Arrow at 03: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 1 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 7


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Loping around a dead chemosit, Makoa let's instinct guide him as he begins to hunt again, cutting off one easy way of escape for the final beast.

Double Move to N-12
Rage Rounds used: 4


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Free action to speak out of turn

"Sasha! Throw the light so they can see!"


Makoa chases after the beast.

ROUND 5

CURRENT EFFECTS:
Message (Douena)
Barkskin (Mahjik)
Mage Armour (Urza and Mahjik)
Shield (Urza)
Shield of faith (Pezock)
Shaken (Douena, Ishirou, Sasha, Shokambe) -- will end on chemosit #3's turn this round.

Lorenz fires off another arrow, but it whizzes past the chemosit's head without damaging it.

Pezock hurries after the chemosit. Double move to M14.

Following Douena's directions, Sasha picks up the lit sling bullet and throws it towards the chemosit. It lands on the ground near it, providing clearer light for everyone to see by.

Next Up: Douena, Chemosit, Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou, Shokambe, Makoa, Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha.

Map Updated


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Douena hurries over to get nearer the action.

Double move to N 15


Chemosit #3 claw 1 at Mahjik: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 -- miss
Chemosit #3 claw 2 at Mahjik: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 -- miss
Chemosit #3 bite at Mahjik: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 -- hit
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The chemosit, seeing itself becoming surrounded, lashes out in a rage at Mahjik. The monk ducks below the two claw swipes, but is caught in the arm by the creature's powerful bite when he rises back up. It then tries to edge around Mahjik (5-ft step to I-J 9-10).

The shaken condition is now over.

Next Up: Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou, Shokambe, Makoa, Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha, Douena, Chemosit.

Map Updated


AC 14, FF 12 T 12; HP 36/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 1/4; Lvl 2: 3/6; Lvl 1: 2/7; Cantrip: at will

Urza's eyes are now more serpentine and his skin is noticeably scaly as he continues to pour on the flames.

Scorching Ray: RTouch, fire into melee
to hit 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19 damage 4d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 3) + 5 = 17


For the second time, flames engulf the chemosit, scorching its skin and burning away whatever little fur was left from last time. Amazingly, it's still standing after the assault, but it looks like a blackened cadaver about to fall over. The chemosit is staggered.

Jask steps a little closer (5-ft step to K15), raises his dagger and asks for Nethys's guidance again.

Jask hand of the acolyte, dagger, fire into melee: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 -- miss

The dagger comes close, but the chemosit is just able to avoid it. The dagger flies back to Jask.

Next Up: Mahjik, Ishirou, Shokambe, Makoa, Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha, Douena, Chemosit, Urza, Jask.

Map Updated


HP 18/42; AC 25

Mahjik steps lightly to follow the beast ape, hoping to set up a combo attack with Ishirou and Shokambe. A burst of attacks spread across the beasts body - though to relatively little effect.

Given the trouble Mahjik's been having with this runt, no power attack

Attack, flurry, stun DC 16 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Attack, flurry 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Attack, ki point, flurry 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Man... Mahjik is running through a low end of dice rolls here. Hope it picks up soon!


Ishirou katana at #3, flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25 -- hit
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (3, 1) = 10

Although Mahjik is unable to hurt the chemosit, he is able to set up a flank for Ishirou who steps up lightly. With a swing of his katana, he slices open the monster's belly, and its heavily injured, burnt body slumps to the ground.

COMBAT OVER


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"Sasha, are you all right?" Douena asks, running up to the redhead. "Urza, did Ieana bite you when we weren't looking? You look kind of snakey."


Mahjik reels, his chest pumping air in and out in giant gasps. "Wise man would use his powers sparingly, that is starting to make sense now." He looks at his gnarled, barky skin. "Not exactly what I was expecting when I started learning the iron body technique."


AC 14, FF 12 T 12; HP 36/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 1/4; Lvl 2: 3/6; Lvl 1: 2/7; Cantrip: at will

Urza looks at Douena with his serpentine eyes. "No, Douena, I am of the blood of dragons. As I learn to harness their power I my appearance will change some."


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Lorenz lets out a sigh of relief as he sees the last Chemosit drop. He had not wanted to have to chase the beast into the jungle.

He turns back to check on Sasha as well, even though he'd seen Jask healing her. "Feeling better, Sasha?"

When he glances up at Urza's voice and sees the half-orc's strange eyes, he flinches a little. "That takes a little getting used to, Urza."


Sasha rubs her neck where there are still a couple of light slashes (though no longer the massive gashes that were once there). "I'm good," she says to Douena and Lorenz. "Jask has patched me up nicely. But a note to myself: be more careful around things with really long arms. They hurt."


Jask gathers Mahjik, Sasha, and any other injured party members together in one spot. He waits a moment while Ishirou makes certain all the chemosits are completely dead. He then asks for Nethys's aid in healing everyone. Nethys, however, is apparently in a fickle mood, so Jask has to repeat it a couple of times.

Channel energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
Channel energy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6
Channel energy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Coming down out of his battle rage, Makoa goes to collect his axe, looking rather tired.

"Do you think we got all of them that were attacking this village?" Makoa asks as he returns. "There might be more.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"There was only supposed to be one," Douena grumbles. She advances on Urza suspiciously. "How do we know Ieana didn't bite you and you're not turning into a vampire snake person?" she demands. "Desna keeps sending me dreams about snakey things, and they're always bad news."


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

"If he was turning into a vampire snake person, he'd be able to use his fangs like I do. If something was wrong, I believe we would have figured it out by now."


AC 14, FF 12 T 12; HP 36/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 1/4; Lvl 2: 3/6; Lvl 1: 2/7; Cantrip: at will

"I am not a snake-person. I am of the blood of the dragons and, as I said, as I grow in my power, I will take on Draconian aspects."


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

"I thought there'd be only one as well," Lorenz says, deciding not to worry about Urza quite yet. "Perhaps we should clean up -- or at least, move the bodies -- and prepare to keep watch for the rest of the night just in case there are more."


"Perhaps they previously only came one at a time," Jask suggests. "Or maybe there was only one to begin with, but he was gradually gathering friends together with news of a great food source."


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"How come Urza gets to be a dragon-person?" Douena complains. "Urza's a dragon-person, and Pezock's a bird-person, and no one will even let me have a Tiny bear!" She picks up Pezock's dagger from the ground where he threw it at the chemosit and hands it back to him. "Boost me up, Pezock; I want to sleep on the roof. It's cooler and closer to the stars."


"Dragon blood, hmmm?" Pezock says, eyeing Urza warily. He accepts his dagger back from Douena, but doesn't take his eyes off Urza for several more seconds. Then he helps boost Douena onto the roof of the hut.


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Lorenz gives Sasha a hug. "I'm glad you're all right. I was worried for a moment there." He smiles.

"Anyone want to help me drag the bodies into the jungle? Better to leave them out there for the carrion eaters than to attract more insects and nasty things to the village."

He makes his way to the closest of the Chemosits and waits for anyone who might want to help him.


Sasha smiles at Lorenz. "Oh, I'm fine. You know me. I'm always fine once Jask has patched me up." Sasha helps Lorenz with the bodies, as do Ishirou and Shokambe.

Once the bodies are out of the way, you settle back down to sleep for the remainder of the night, although keeping careful watch for any further chemosits or other horrors that may appear. Luckily, nothing further comes out of the jungle and the remainder of the night is peaceful.

17 ARODUS, 4710 (9th day of journey)

XP: 567 each (current total: 14 219)

In the morning, the old shaman arrives at your door just before dawn. "Thank you," she says, shuffling her feet, clearly unaccustomed to saying such words. "We hear fight in the night. We hear more chemosits than before. We hear you kill, and we thank you."

She holds up a pair of items, one a rolled-up piece of parchment and the other a shrunken, desiccated monkey head. "I give you gifts for thanks. This--" indicating the parchment--"I take from body of Sargavan soldier. We need no Sargavan treasure, but maybe you like."

Pezock's eyes light up at the mention of the word, treasure.

The old woman holds up the monkey head. "This will protect from evil spirits and demons."

She leaves both items with you, then nods, and leaves the hut.

The parchment turns out to be a rough map of the Lake of Vanishing Armies, east of Kalabuto (your planned route will take you past the lake). It marks the location of a shipwreck in the lake.

A detect magic reveals that the monkey head is magical.

Urza Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 -- success
It is a Zenj spirit fetish. The bearer of this shrunken monkey head can use it to cast dispel evil. While the spell is in effect, the bearer can make a melee touch attack with the head to banish an evil creature from another plane back to its home plane, or dispel one evil spell or one enchantment spell cast by an evil creature. This use discharges and ends the spell. When the spell ends, the fetish becomes a normal, nonmagical monkey head.


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Lorenz wrinkles his nose with disgust at the shrunken monkey head. "Er, thank you." He offers a smile with an effort.

After she leaves he abandons the smile. "That's so disgusting."


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"Ooh! A monkey head!" Douena bounces with excitement. "I want a monkey head! What do you think happened to the rest of the monkey?"


AC 14, FF 12 T 12; HP 36/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 1/4; Lvl 2: 3/6; Lvl 1: 2/7; Cantrip: at will

I'll have Shokambe tell the shaman that "it is the duty of every good and moral person to rid the world of such evil."
Also, I agree that Douena should get the shrunken monkey head, at least until she can get a tiny bear.


Shokambe conveys Urza's words to the shaman.

"I think Douena is a good choice for the monkey head," Jask says.

Pezock briefly intercepts the monkey head as its being passed to Douena (assuming no one objects to her taking it). He holds it up and peers closely at. "Ugly," he declares, then passes it to Douena.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Makoa asks Shokambe to convey his thanks.

"Did we save enough time with the mine to explore the shipwreck that may or may not be at the lake?" Makoa asks as he looks over the map.

"I think you'll make great use of that monkey head. Much more use than I'll get from my preserved snake skull."


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

"We've got plenty of time to decide about the treasure map later," Lorenz points out. "We'll see Kalabuto first. Are we ready to go?"


"We still have several days until we reach Kalabuto," Jask says. "We can see how well the journey goes to there and then decide if we can spare a bit of time for exploring shipwrecks."

"Oh, I hope we can spare the time," Sasha says, grinning. "It'll be like back on the Shiv!"

As dawn fully arrives and you begin to prepare to head on your way, the villagers step out of their huts and regale you all with cheers and (what you presume are) words of thanks. They insist on giving you food to last you two days, and some of the children and young adults even walk with you for a short while as you leave the village, eventually stopping about a third of a mile into the plains and waving to you for a while before turning back.

Alton, who spent the night in a tree in the jungle, rejoins the group as you head out into the plains. The villagers still with you at that point ooh and aah at the sight of a dinosaur travelling with your party.

Eventually, the villagers are long out of sight, although the jungle still looms in the distance to the south. As mid-day approaches, you begin to wish you could avail yourselves of the jungle's shade as the temperature under the beating sun begins to soar.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

When the day gets hot and her previous day's casting wears off, Douena recasts endure elements on herself. The monkey head has left her in a good mood, and she occasionally pulls it out of her backpack as the group travels along to admire it.


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Lorenz sighs as the heat begins to hammer down on him. "After we explore this city we're going to and make ourselves wealthy beyond our fondest dream, I think we should go up to Varisia. I hear it's cooler up there."


Mahjik nods to Lorenz, "Bound to be; I'm somewhat used to the Vudran climate, which isn't too different from here. But not starting to sweat from the break of dawn ought to be a nice change of pace."


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"Varisia's boring," Douena opines dismissively. "All they have are windchimes. No flappybites or bird-people or ladies who live in trees or gorilla-bears or tiny monkey heads."


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

"I've heard there some town that has a yearly festival for a deity every year. That might be interesting." Makoa says as he looks at the jungle with a tiny bit of longing. He lasts a few minutes longer than Douena before he breaks down and casts his own endure elements.


AC 14, FF 12 T 12; HP 36/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 1/4; Lvl 2: 3/6; Lvl 1: 2/7; Cantrip: at will

Urza enjoys the midday heat.


AC 14, FF 12 T 12; HP 36/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 1/4; Lvl 2: 3/6; Lvl 1: 2/7; Cantrip: at will

Urza enjoys the midday heat. He has taken to to walking several circuits around the perimeter of wherever they stop before resting as the others.


"I've heard there are people that live underwater. Like a whole underwater kingdom."


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Confused, Lorenz turns to Mahjik. "In Varisia?"


"uhm... I suppose it might be. I don't actually know where it is. Just that it is supposed to exist."


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"Maybe it's in Ilsmagordy, where they have the clear beaches you can see all the way down through like glass," Douena suggests.


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

I've never seen any people living under the water there. For that matter, I never saw those clear beaches either." Lorenz says, casting a nervous glance at Pezock.

6,651 to 6,700 of 8,191 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Navior's Serpent's Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.