Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Navior's Serpent's Skull

Game Master Navior


6,601 to 6,650 of 8,453 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"Oh, you're not all going to try to hide again, are you?" Douena sighs, remembering the attempt to ambush cannibals on Smuggler's Shiv. "If it only comes out at night, it can probably see pretty well in the dark, and if it's attracted by blood, it probably uses its nose more than its eyes anyway. Pezock, want to come up on the roof with me? It'll be almost like flying! And then when the monster shows up, you can jump down and stab it in the back from the doorway."

Who's in the hut and who's out? Lorenz and anyone using ranged weapons out, I presume. If Douena's out, Jask should stay in so we have channeling available on both sides of the walls.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

"I'll stay in the hut and try to hold the doorway. If it tries to get away at least I'll have a scent to track then."


"And try to have an attractive brain. Think delicious thoughts."


Okay, after reinstalling MapTool because it kept crashing on me, I have finally got the map prepared. Yay! Here's the link:

Ambushing the Chemosit

Let me know where you'd like everyone positioned.

Your hut is shown without a roof so that you can see the people inside. The little red dots on Pezock's and Douena's tokens indicate that they are on the roof and not inside.
Note that it is currently nighttime. I'll switch on the vision function once the battle starts, but for now you can see the full layout (since your characters are aware of it). There is light from the village fire pit; however, for those of you without low-light vision, the light only just reaches the door of your hut. Those of you with low-light vision can see (dimly) to the edge of the jungle. You should take this into account when deciding where to position yourselves.


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Lorenz will go to Y13.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

L-21, where I'm at, is fine.


Sorcerer (Draconic) 6; AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 45/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

It's I-19 for Urza.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Inside the hut or on the roof, Urza?

"Sir Ralph likes it up here," Douena remarks quietly to Pezock. "There's lots of moths for him to catch. I've never asked, Pezock: Can you see in the dark? Owls can, I think."


Douena Trestleben wrote:
"Sir Ralph likes it up here," Douena remarks quietly to Pezock. "There's lots of moths for him to catch. I've never asked, Pezock: Can you see in the dark? Owls can, I think."

"I'm not an owl," Pezock grumbles. "I can see better than humans, but not in pitch blackness."


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"I'm not an owl either, but I can see in the starlight" Douena answers, unperturbed. "Makoa and Urza can see in the dark dark, like bats or earthworms or ... moles, I guess. I should have come up here to commune with Desna. There's a nice breeze, and I'm closer to the stars and out of the itchy grass. Maybe I'll sleep up here tonight after we fight the monster; it's kind of hot and smelly in the hut with everyone packed in together. Only if I had another dream, I might roll off."


Ishirou heads outside and takes a position up against the side of the hut (at I25). Sasha stays inside and positions herself right beside Makoa, both her weapons drawn and ready. Jask and Shokambe stay to the back of the hut.

I've placed Mahjik beside Ishirou at J25 since he previously stated he would be outside, but hasn't yet given a specific location.

Douena Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Lorenz Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Mahjik Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Ishirou Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Pezock Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Once everyone is in position, you begin the boring task of waiting. Time seems to pass inexorably slowly. Pezock begins to get a bit restless, but manages to calm himself and stay still.

Finally, a couple hours later, Douena and Pezock notice rustling near the edge of the jungle. The leaves pull back and a big creature, like a cross between an ape and a bear, emerges into the village. It raises its head and sniffs the air, then raises one hairy arm and motions at the jungle behind it. There is more rustling and two more of the creatures emerge behind it.

With distance penalties, it's impossible for their Perception checks to beat even the lowest Stealth checks, so there's no point rolling at this time. If you wish to act now, you will get surprise. However, only Douena and Pezock can actually see them. Lorenz can hear that something is up near the jungle edge, but can't see them.

Map Updated


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Lorenz carefully readies his bow, slipping one of his magical arrows into place and remaining still until he can see a target.

Readied Action: Fire +1 arrow at a chemosit once it steps in front of the door of the party's hut.
Deadly Aim with +1 arrow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 - 1 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 11


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Douena looks at Pezock with wide eyes as the first gorilla-bear is followed by two more. Scooting quietly to the east edge of the roof, where she can see both Mahjik and Ishirou on the ground and Lorenz across the clearing, she uses her innate abilities to set up a quick message with everyone outside the hut.

messaged to Lorenz, Ishirou, Mahjik, & Pezock:
There's three of them! I thought she only said one. Keep an eye on them, Pezock.

Stealth to K24; use message SLA on Lorenz, Ishirou, Mahjik & Pezock


As Douena delivers her message, Pezock shifts over to the opposite edge to get a better view to the west, his dagger out. The three beasts move swiftly into the village. The lead one moves towards the door of the hut, and the other two begin angling towards the side of the hut.

Chemosit 1 Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Chemosit 2 Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Chemosit 3 Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

None of them notice Lorenz to the south or the two people on the roof so they continue on. The lead one comes into the range of the campfire light where Lorenz can see it for the first time. The other two go right up to the side wall of the hut.

As they haven't spotted your party, those of you outside get a surprise round on them. Lorenz's readied action will move him to the beginning of the initiative order regardless of his roll, so I won't bother rolling for him.

Douena Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Mahjik Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Makoa Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Urza Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Ishirou Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Jask Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Pezock Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Sasha Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Shokambe Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Chemosits Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Roll-off between Urza and Chemosits:
Urza Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Chemosits Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Order: Lorenz, Pezock, Douena, Sasha, Chemosits, Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou, Makoa, Shokambe.

SURPRISE ROUND

Lorenz's arrow flies out through the darkness and slams into the first chemosit's shoulder. The beast cries out in pain and rage.

Pezock dagger at #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 -- hit
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Pezock tosses his dagger straight down at the second chemosit. It scrapes across the beast's cheek.

Next Up: Douena, Mahjik, Ishirou, Lorenz, Pezock.

Map Updated


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Douena scurries back across the roof to Pezock. "Pezock, wait before you jump down," she urges him. "Let me bless you first."

Move to J 19 (or J 21 if I can only move at half-speed), Acrobatics, if needed (don't know how sloped or difficult to cross this roof might be 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13, Fast Stealth 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26. Asking him to delay until after her turn in Round 1.


Douena Trestleben wrote:
Move to J 19 (or J 21 if I can only move at half-speed), Acrobatics, if needed (don't know how sloped or difficult to cross this roof might be 1d20+10, Fast Stealth 1d20+14. Asking him to delay until after her turn in Round 1.

I didn't think to make a ruling on this beforehand, so I'll allow full speed.

Pezock nods. "Bless quickly and away I go!"

Next Up: Mahjik, Ishirou, Lorenz, Douena, Pezock, Sasha, Chemosits, Urza, Jask

Map Updated


Surprise round
HP 42/42; AC 22

Standard action: barkskin (ki power): +2 natural AC
5ft towards nearest chemosit
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Mahjik skin tightens over and gets a decided gnarly appearance. Slowly he makes his way towards the nearest chemosit.


It occurs to me there should have been a 20% miss chance with Lorenz's attack. You can see on the map two different light areas. For those without low-light vision it shows the border between dim light and dark. Thus chemosit 1 is in dim light to Lorenz, while Lorenz himself is in darkness. For those with low-light vision, it marks the border between normal and dim light. So, miss chance for Lorenz: 1d100 ⇒ 65 He's good! The arrow still hit. :)

As Mahjik hardens his skin in preparation for battle, Ishirou sneaks forward as quietly as he can.

Ishirou move stealthily to L24: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

ROUND 1

CURRENT EFFECTS:
Message (Douena)
Barkskin (Mahjik)

Next Up: Lorenz, Douena, Pezock, Sahsa, Chemosits, Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou, Makoa, Shokambe.

Map Updated


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Round 1: HP = 36/36 :: AC = 21 :: Touch = 14 :: Flatfooted = 18

Message:

"Three of them? There aren't supposed to be three! I need more light, I can't see very well!"

Lorenz whispers briefly first and then draws two ordinary arrows in rapid succession and fires them at the beast he'd already struck.

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 50
Rapid Shot Deadly Aim Arrow 1 at 01: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 11
Rapid Shot Deadly Aim Arrow 2 at 01: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13

Not sure if I need a different miss chance for each arrow. Very unfortunate if so!


Lorenz Aeryson wrote:
Not sure if I need a different miss chance for each arrow. Very unfortunate if so!

Alas, a separate miss roll is needed for each individual attack roll, so both arrows miss.

The first of Lorenz's arrows thuds into the dirt in front of the beast. The second gets closer but just skims past, lodging in the wall of the hut.

Next Up: Douena, Pezock, Sasha, Chemosits, Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou, Makoa, Shokambe, Lorenz.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Douena puts her hand on Pezock and says, "Desna protect you. Now, be careful, Pezock! Remember, it's better to sneak up on something and stab it in the back than to stand toe-to-toe with it in a fair fight."

messaged to Lorenz, Ishirou, Mahjik, and Pezock:
Give me a second, and I'll light them up for you. Hold your arrows until you can see.

She pulls a sling bullet out of her pouch.

cast shield of faith on Pezock: +2 deflection bonus to AC; retrieve stored item

Lorenz, hold your action until I can get the sling bullet lit up next round; then you won't have to worry about another miss chance.


"True, but in this case, I prefer stabbing it in the face!" Pezock replies. He draws his sword, steps to the edge of the roof (5-ft step to J17), and stabs down at #2, whose head almost reaches the top of the hut.

Pezock sawtooth sabre at #2, higher ground: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26 -- hit
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 2 + (3, 5) = 18

His sabre cuts deep into the startled beast's snout, just missing its eye. It screams in pain.

Sasha steps past the blanket over the doorway (5-ft step to M20), gulping momentarily at the size of the beast, and attacks #1.

Sasha rapier at #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8, miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 3 -- miss
Sasha kukri at #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8, miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 81 -- miss

Unfortunately, the blanket gets in her way, slowing her blows, so even in its still startled state, the chemosit avoids them.

The chemosits recover from their surprised state and attack.

Chemosit #1 claw 1 at Sasha: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Chemosit #1 claw 2 at Sasha: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 -- miss
Chemosit #1 bite at Sasha: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 -- hit
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Chemosit #2 claw 1 at Pezock: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 -- miss
Chemosit #2 claw 2 at Pezock: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 -- miss
Chemosit #2 bite at Pezock: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 -- miss

#1 whips a claw round, catching Sasha in the shoulder and neck. She manages to duck beneath the second claw, but then it opens its mouth and bites down into her arm. Sasha is still standing after the onslaught, but she does not look good.

#2 attempts to get at Pezock, but the tengu nimbly avoids its claws and teeth, protected by both Douena's spell and the side of the hut.

#3 opens its mouth and lets out the most horrifying howl. The sound washes across the whole village, sending dread through your minds.

Douena Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 -- fail
Lorenz Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 -- pass
Mahjik Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 -- pass
Makoa Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 -- pass
Urza Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 -- pass
Ishirou Will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7 -- fail
Jask Will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 -- pass
Pezock Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 -- pass
Sasha Will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4 -- fail
Shokambe Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 -- fail

Most of you shake the feeling off, but for a few of you, the feeling lingers. Douena, Ishirou, Sasha, and Shokambe are shaken for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.

Next Up: Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou, Makoa, Shokambe, Lorenz, Douena, Pezock, Sasha, Chemosits.

Map Updated


Sorcerer (Draconic) 6; AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 45/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

I noticed the current effects do not note Mage Armor for Urza or Mahjik, so I searched for where I posted I had buffed us and could not find it. I know I posted it, though. Can we retcon? If not, Urza's action is to cast Mage Armor on himself. Otherwise...
Urza casts Shield and moves to the opposite wall.


Urza Sha'rahad wrote:
I noticed the current effects do not note Mage Armor for Urza or Mahjik, so I searched for where I posted I had buffed us and could not find it. I know I posted it, though. Can we retcon? If not, Urza's action is to cast Mage Armor on himself. Otherwise...

You might be thinking of the last battle, or maybe the boards just ate your post. At any rate, it's a perfectly reasonable thing for you to have done during the preparations, so I'll allow the retcon.

Hearing Sasha cry out and seeing that something nasty has happened (even if his sight is partially blocked by the blanket over the doorway), Jask hurries forward. He reaches out and touches Sasha's injured shoulder, the doorframe protecting him from retaliation by the chemosit (i.e. no AoO because of cover). "Nethys preserve you," he says. Most of Sasha's wounds close over. Move to L20. Cast cure moderate wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 8) + 3 = 14.

Next Up: Mahjik, Ishirou, Makoa, Shokambe, Lorenz, Douena, Pezock, Sasha, Chemosits, Urza, Jask.

Map Updated


HP 42/42; AC 25/25

Mahjik tries to use his position to start from cover and quickly stealth to the nearest monster, possibly catching it flat-footed in surprise. The results are... less than stellar.

Stealth, fast 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 5 = 11

Attack, power, stunning fist 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 2 = 8 damage 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 4 = 9

As Mahjik brushes the building his arm snags in loose wood and he suppressed "ouch" is audible.


There should have been a miss percentile with Mahjik's attack; however, since it misses anyway, it hardly matters. :)

Chemosit 1 Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Chemosit AoO Claw at Mahjik: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The chemosit's head turns at the sound of Mahjik's ouch. As Mahjik hurries up beside it, it reaches out with its long arms and slashes the monk across the chest. It then easily steps aside from Mahjik's attack.

Ishirou takes advantage of the distraction Mahjik causes to slip past the chemosit's reach and attack. Move to P20.

Ishirou katana at #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 51 -- miss
Some unlucky rolls for the party so far.

Unfortunately, the beast is not so distracted that it cannot dodge Ishirou's hasty swing.

Next Up: Makoa, Shokambe, Lorenz, Douena, Pezock, Sasha, Chemosits, Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou.

Map Updated


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Moving to O-2, and Raging with a Power Attack.

Shouldering his way past his fellows, Makoa let's loose a roar and begins to swing his axe wildly at the chemosit #3

Raging Power Axe:1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 1 = 14
Damage:1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

Rage Rounds Used: 1


Makoa Wolf'sKin wrote:

Moving to O-2, and Raging with a Power Attack.

Shouldering his way past his fellows, Makoa let's loose a roar and begins to swing his axe wildly at the chemosit #3

Since O2 would have Makoa running away, I'll presume you meant O20, which would mean you're attacking #1. :)

Makoa slips in just after Ishirou, but although his attack is better placed than Ishirou's, the angle is not quite right and his axe slips off the beast's tough hide.

Shokambe hurries out of the hut, pulling out his mace as he moves. He takes advantage of the swarm of bodies around the entrance to slip around the chemosit and come at it from the other side. Double move to P17.

ROUND 2

CURRENT EFFECTS:
Message (Douena)
Barkskin (Mahjik)
Mage Armour (Urza and Mahjik)
Shield (Urza)

Next Up: Douena, Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha, Chemosits, Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou, Makoa, Shokambe.
Note: In the above order, I'm assuming Lorenz does agree to delay until after Douena as she requested. If this is not the case, however, Lorenz can feel free to act first.

Map Updated


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2
Navior wrote:

CURRENT EFFECTS:

Message (Douena)
Barkskin (Mahjik)
Mage Armour (Urza and Mahjik)
Shield (Urza)

Don't forget shield of faith on Pezock and Shaken condition for Douena, Ishirou, Sasha, and Shokambe.

"Need some light so people can see, Desna," Douena implores, causing the slingstone in her hand to begin to shine like a torch. Scooting quickly to the edge, she drops the glowing bullet off the roof.

Cast light; 5-foot-step to K 18; Free action: drop bullet in L 17


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Round 2: HP = 36/36 :: AC = 21 :: Touch = 14 :: Flatfooted = 18

Message:

I'll wait.

Lorenz readies another pair of arrows and holds the first one nocked, bow drawn while he waits for light to appear at the hut.

Delay until after Douena goes.

As the light blooms, Lorenz releases the first arrow and follows it quickly with another, teeth gritted tight in concentration.

Rapid Shot Deadly Aim Arrow 1 at 01: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 1 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Rapid Shot Deadly Aim Arrow 2 at 01: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 1 = 13
Additional Damage if crit confirmed: 2d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8, 2) + 3 + 2 = 15


Douena Trestleben wrote:
Don't forget shield of faith on Pezock and Shaken condition for Douena, Ishirou, Sasha, and Shokambe.

Oops! You're right. Thanks for reminding me. I forgot the shaken condition on Ishirou's attack above, but he missed anyway, so it doesn't matter. Revised effects summary:

CURRENT EFFECTS:
Message (Douena)
Barkskin (Mahjik)
Mage Armour (Urza and Mahjik)
Shield (Urza)
Shield of faith (Pezock)
Shaken (Douena, Ishirou, Sasha, Shokambe) -- will end on chemosit #3's turn in round 5.

Douena lights up a sling bullet and drops it to the ground. Although its radius is not huge, it does bring chemosits #1 and #2 into full illumination for those without low-light vision or darkvision.

Now able to see the chemosits clearly, Lorenz lets loose a pair of arrows that fly straight into the beast, both lodging in its arm. The critical did not confirm; however, both arrows hit.

Pezock sawtooth sabre at #2, higher ground: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 = 18 -- miss

Pezock again swipes at #2, but this time the corner of the hut gets in his way and his sword merely chips away wood. He hisses in irritation.

Sasha rapier at #1, flanking, shaken: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 20 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Sasha kukri at #1, flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 - 2 = 6 -- miss

Sasha stabs at #1, taking advantage of Shokambe distracting the beast on the other side. Her rapier pierces its stomach, but her kukri fails to find its target. She then shifts position slightly, motioning to Ishirou to do similarly (5-ft step to M19).

Roaring in pain, #1 steps to the side away from Sasha who scowls (5-ft step to O-P 18-19). It then reaches out with its powerful arms at Makoa.

Chemosit #1 bull rush on Makoa: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 -- fail
The chemosit has Improved Bull Rush, so there is no attack of opportunity.

The beast attempts to shove Makoa back. Makoa can feel the brutes immense strength, but he manages to hold his ground, only swaying slightly.

Chemosit #2 claw 1 at Pezock: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 -- miss
Chemosit #2 claw 2 at Pezock: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 -- miss
Chemosit #2 bite at Pezock: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 -- miss

#2 continues to flail at Pezock, but only manages to tear away bits of the hut. The tengu laughs. His laughter stops, however, as he sees #3 reach up onto the top of the hut and pull itself up on the roof. (The chemosit has a climb speed and can't fail the Climb check to get on the roof. Move to G-H 18-19.)

Chemosit #3 claw at Pezock: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

#3 swipes at Pezock and just catches the tengu on the side of the shoulder and neck.

Next Up: Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou, Makoa, Shokambe, Douena, Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha, Chemosits.

Map Updated
Note: I've tried to set the programme to show the lighting for those of you with normal vision (since knowing where it's dim light is important for this battle. It shows fine on my screen, but for some reason whenever I take a screen shot using the programme's screen shot tool, it removes the dim light area. So, I've just taken a regular computer screen shot, so you get to see all the other stuff on my screen as well. :)


Sorcerer (Draconic) 6; AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 45/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

Urza moves so he can target #1.
Magic Missile 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 2 = 5


Urza moves up to the door of the hut and sends a bolt of energy flying at the first chemosit. The beast stumbles back, crying out in pain. Its wounds are becoming quite severe.

Jask dagger, hand of the acolyte at #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 -- miss

Jask pulls out his dagger and mutters, "Nethys, guide this blade." The dagger flies out of his hand towards #1. The chemosit ducks out of the way and the dagger returns to Jask's hand.

Next Up: Mahjik, Ishirou, Makoa, Douena, Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha, Chemosits, Urza, Jask.

Map Updated


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Any indication yet of whether the roof can take the weight of the chemosit? Or would that require Knowledge (engineering)? I can roll it untrained if it's no more than a DC 10 to gauge whether the roof is strong enough to hold it. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 I am thoroughly in favor of this thing taking falling damage as long as Pezock and I don't take it with him.


Douena Trestleben wrote:
Any indication yet of whether the roof can take the weight of the chemosit? Or would that require Knowledge (engineering)? I can roll it untrained if it's no more than a DC 10 to gauge whether the roof is strong enough to hold it. 1d20+2 I am thoroughly in favor of this thing taking falling damage as long as Pezock and I don't take it with him.

It's holding for now, though there is clearly some strain on it. However, it should be good for another 3 or 4 rounds.


HP 31/42; AC 25

Mahjik unleashes a rapid series of thrusts - but his fists seem to be meaningless in the face of the thick hide.

Not sure if flanking applies, have not included it, just in case.

Attack, power attack 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 = 9 damage 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 4 = 8
Attack, power attack 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 2 = 12 damage 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 4 = 10


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Continuing he attacks, Makoa adds vicious snaps from his fangs to the mix and flailing steel.

Raging Power Axe, Flank, vs 01 Chemosit:1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 1 = 9
Damage:1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13

Raging Power Bite(Secondary Natural Attack), Flank:1d20 + 3 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 1 + 2 = 24
Damage:1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Confirming Crit, Raging Power Bite(Secondary Natural Attack), Flank:1d20 + 3 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 1 + 2 = 6
Damage:1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7


Mahjik is not flanking from his current position (but it wouldn't have made a difference with those rolls anyway).

Mahjik attempts to pound at the chemosit, but it barely seems to notice him.

Ishirou katana at #1, flanking, shaken: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 12 -- miss

Ishirou swings at the creature, but despite a good position, it easily avoids him. It also dodges Makoa's axe swipe, but then steps right into the path of Makoa's vicious teeth. The half-orc tears a chunk out of the creature's side, just above its hips. (The critical did not confirm, unfortunately.)

Shokambe heavy mace at #1, flanking, shaken: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 - 2 = 9 -- miss

While the creature is distracted by Makoa's bite, Shokambe tries to get a hit of his own in, but his shaken state has left him unsteady on his feet and he stumbles, misplacing the blow.

ROUND 3

CURRENT EFFECTS:
Message (Douena)
Barkskin (Mahjik)
Mage Armour (Urza and Mahjik)
Shield (Urza)
Shield of faith (Pezock)
Shaken (Douena, Ishirou, Sasha, Shokambe) -- will end on chemosit #3's turn in round 5.

Next Up: Douena, Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha, Chemosits, Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou, Makoa, Shokambe.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Unpleasantly surprised that such a large creature is such a nimble climber, Douena calls out loudly, "If anyone's still in the hut, they should probably get out! There's one on the roof! C'mon, Pezock, let's get on the ground!" She scampers to the far side of the roof and waits there to make sure Pezock is coming with her.

Move to K 24; Ready an action to jump down if the chemosit moves toward her: Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 = 24


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Round 3: HP = 36/36 :: AC = 21 :: Touch = 14 :: Flatfooted = 18

Pleased at the solid hits he'd made against the beast, Lorenz takes a step forward, shooting arrows as fast as he can reach for them. His first shot strikes the beast's hide but the second is caught by the wind.

5-foot step to X14.
Rapid Shot Deadly Aim Arrow 1 at 01: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Rapid Shot Deadly Aim Arrow 2 at 01: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 1 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11


Douena hurries to the other side of the roof while Lorenz fires off two more arrows. The beast gives one last pathetic whimper of pain as the first arrow hits it. It sways slightly then falls over face-first into the dirt.

"Ha! Come get us!" Pezock yells at the third chemosit and hurries across the roof to beside Douena then leaps off to the ground.

Double move to L25.
Pezock Acrobatics to negate damage: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

"Way to go, Lorenz!" Sash cheers, then makes her way over to the second chemosit (move to K16).

Sasha Acrobatics to avoid AoO, shaken: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 2 = 11 -- fail
Chemosit #2 AoO claw at Sasha: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

She tries to roll low beneath its reach, but the chemosit anticipates her action and swipes down at her, slashing deeply across her back.

Sasha rapier at #2, shaken: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 = 18 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Although badly injured and shaken, Sasha lunges with her rapier and pierces the chemosit's thigh.

Chemosit #2 claw 1 at Sasha: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 -- miss
Chemosit #2 claw 2 at Sasha: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Chemosit #2 bite at Sasha: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 -- hit
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

With a cry of rage, the chemosit responds by mauling at Sasha. She ducks beneath its first swipe, but the second catches her in the arm, twisting her on her feet. Then it bends down and bites at her, tearing at her shoulder and neck. Sasha falls to the ground in a puddle of blood.

On the roof, the third chemosit moves after Douena, but growls in annoyance as the gnome jumps off the roof, landing nimbly on the ground below.

Next Up: Urza, Jask, Mahjik, Ishirou, Makoa, Shokambe, Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha (unconscious), Douena, Chemosits.

Map Updated


Sorcerer (Draconic) 6; AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 45/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

Urza steps out of the hut (to N18) in time to see Sasha fall. HE summons forth the fire in his soul and strikes out at the ape-bear-demon-thing.

Scorching Ray: RTouch
to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 damage 4d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6, 4, 2) + 5 = 20


The flames hit the chemosit squarely in the chest, and in an instant, its fur is alight and burns away. With a scream, the chemosit falls, smouldering, to the ground.

With the chemosit down, Jask hurries out of the hut and over to Sasha's side. "Nethys, let me not be too late," he says.

Cure moderate wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 6) + 3 = 15

His hands glow briefly and the most serious of the gashes on Sasha's body close over. She opens her eyes.

Next Up: Mahjik, Ishirou, Makoa, Shokambe, Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha, Douena, Chemosit, Urza, Jask.

Map Updated


HP 31/42; AC 25

Mahjik hurries towards Douena's voice to K25 and readies to attack the monster ape. The readied action includes taking a 5ft step to close the gap if necessary.

Readied attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Mahjik the Flink wrote:
Mahjik hurries towards Douena's voice to K25 and readies to attack the monster ape. The readied action includes taking a 5ft step to close the gap if necessary.

You can't ready a 5-ft step if you've already moved in the round.

Mahjik slips in between Pezock and Douena and prepares for the chemosit to descend.

Ishirou waits to see what the chemosit does and where it ends up. Delay.

Next Up: Makoa, Shokambe, Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha, Douena, Chemosit, Urza, Jask, Mahjik (subject to readied action), Ishirou (subject to delayed action).

Map Updated


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Dashing over for a clear shot move to O-24 Makoa growls and hurls his axe at the creature on the roof. Throwing my axe at Chemosit 03

Raging Throwing Axe:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage:1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Rage Rounds Used: 3


Makoa's axe glides swiftly through the air. The chemosit sees it just a bit too late and tries to swat it aside, causing it to slash across the beast's arm, drawing blood.

Shokambe waits. Delay.

ROUND 4

CURRENT EFFECTS:
Message (Douena)
Barkskin (Mahjik)
Mage Armour (Urza and Mahjik)
Shield (Urza)
Shield of faith (Pezock)
Shaken (Douena, Ishirou, Sasha, Shokambe) -- will end on chemosit #3's turn in round 5.

Next Up: Lorenz, Pezock, Sasha, Douena, Chemosit, Urza, Jask, Mahjik (subject to readied action), Ishirou (subject to delayed action), Makoa, Shokambe (subject to delayed action).

Map Updated


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Round 4: HP = 36/36 :: AC = 21 :: Touch = 14 :: Flatfooted = 18

"Sasha!" Lorenz cries as he sees her fall to the ground. Clutching his bow in one white-knuckled hand, he runs to her.

Run to L15.


"Come on!" Pezock cries up at the Chemosit. "Come and get us!" He raises his sword defiantly. Ready action to attack if the chemosit comes in reach.

Sasha looks up at Lorenz. She's covered in blood and still badly injured, but alive. "The battle's over there, mister," she says, pointing vaguely and feebly in the direction of the remaining chemosit. She smiles, collects her weapons, and stands up.

Next Up: Douena, Chemosit, Urza, Jask, Mahjik (subject to readied action), Ishirou (subject to delayed action), Makoa, Shokambe (subject to delayed action), Lorenz, Pezock (subject to readied action), Sasha.

Map Updated


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"Punch him good, Mahjik," Douena says, touching his elbow and granting him a moment of Desna's favor, before she gets quickly out of the way before the gorilla-bear can jump down. "Is Sasha all right?" she calls over to the west side of the hut anxiously.

Bit of Luck on Mahjik; move to P 26

6,601 to 6,650 of 8,453 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Navior's Serpent's Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.