Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Navior's Serpent's Skull

Game Master Navior


6,401 to 6,450 of 8,393 << first < prev | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Starknife retrieved and Pezock healed, Douena tries to get a glimpse at whatever everyone's looking at over in the corner, but she'd have either to swim or to backtrack to the first bridge to get over there. "The banging on the ceiling ought to have summoned all of them in the area, so there shouldn't be any more of them waiting around to jump out at us. Let's go down this way and see how far it goes; then I can say a funeral for the rest of the wights." She points to the southeast passage, where she can walk along the edge and maybe come back on the other side. Asking Pezock to retrieve her light stone, she carries it down toward the bend in the tunnel to see what's around the corner.

Move to AA 55; she'll toss the stone out into the water again if she can't see the far wall once she gets there.


Mahjik will go investigate the mining-equipment/pump/whatchamacallit.


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Not having any interest in mining equipment, Lorenz decides to follow after Douena, if only to ensure she doesn't get eaten by something. He keeps his bow out and an arrow ready.

Move to X57.


AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 47/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

"Leave it, Mahjik. We're only here to see if this is a short cut to our destination." Urza stays there to keep an eye on Mahjik.


Mahjik moves towards the strange equipment in the northeast while Douena moves to the southeast (Pezock follows her), each taking one of the two light sources and leaving the rest of the party with very little light. :)

In the northeast, a closer examination of the machine reveals that it's definitely mining equipment of some sort. It looks like it's meant to swing the big blocks to smash the walls or something similar. Mahjik notices a small leather satchel stuffed in the basin.

To the southeast, Douena sees a small island that rises out of the shallow water in the centre of the drift. Part of a large, translucent blue orb protrudes from the surrounding earth, pulsing with a pale blue glow. The globe is cracked in several places and shards of the strange, glass-like substance lie scattered across the islet’s surface. A sizable hole is smashed into one side, revealing a hollow interior. Inside, she can see two more wights staring out at her and Pezock. They don't make any immediate moves to come out, however.

Map Updated

Douena Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Mahjik Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

It looks like Lorenz's movement got missed. He was heading to X57.


Lorenz Aeryson wrote:
It looks like Lorenz's movement got missed. He was heading to X57.

Whoops! Sorry about that. It's fixed now. Lorenz can also see the blue globe and the wights within.

Map Updated


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

"Um, friends?" Lorenz says. "There's more trouble over here. And that blue orb thingy that we heard about."

He keeps an arrow ready as he presses his back against the wall of the cavern, not wanting to excite the two wights until the others are ready for them.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2
Navior wrote:
Mahjik moves towards the strange equipment in the northeast while Douena moves to the southeast (Pezock follows her), each taking one of the two light sources and leaving the rest of the party with very little light. :)

Hey, they've all got their magic Pathfinder lights that everyone thinks are so cool! ;P

Douena tries to figure out what the blue orb could be and how safely to shut it down. Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 She uses her message ability to contact Jask.

Jask:
"Jask, the blue orb is down here. Come take a look and see if you can figure out how to turn it off. Oh, and there's more wights, too."

She grabs hold of Pezock's hand. "Listen, Pezock! This is important! We don't know how that thing works or how close it's safe to get to it. You don't want to be a wight. So stay away from the orb, and let the undead come to us if they're going to."


Douena Trestleben wrote:
Navior wrote:
Mahjik moves towards the strange equipment in the northeast while Douena moves to the southeast (Pezock follows her), each taking one of the two light sources and leaving the rest of the party with very little light. :)
Hey, they've all got their magic Pathfinder lights that everyone thinks are so cool! ;P

Indeed they do! They haven't actually used them though. :)

Pezock bristles a bit at being held back (as he was about to charge in). With a grumble, he stays put.

Jask Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Jask makes his way close enough to get a look at the orb (moves to Y 54). "I haven't seen anything like it before," he says quietly. "But if I had to take a guess, I would say the glow is negative energy. It would make sense and explain why all these people were turned into wights. I'd recommend staying outside of it."

Inside the globe, the two wights continue to peer out. One of them calls out in a raspy voice, "You think you're special because you're still alive? Come to me if you dare." Beside him, the other wight, a female, hisses.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"We can't kill them as long as they're inside it. Or, you know, un-undead them. The negative energy will heal them. If Lorenz could shoot fast enough, that might work eventually, but he's liable to run out of arrows." She glances back at the glowing orb. "More important than putting the wights to rest, how do we shut that thing off? As long as it's in here, it's going to keep killing anyone who wanders in. Anyone have any ideas?"


"Smash it to pieces!" Pezock declares in a surprisingly quiet voice.


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Perception Check to see if Lorenz can hear Pezock: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Watching Douena, Lorenz holds his breath to see if he can hear what they're saying. Remarkably, every word each of them whispers comes clearly to his ears and he nods.

"I can do that," he says quietly. Then he turns and aims his arrows for the orb.

Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Who is at the orb and who isn't? I won't leave small group behind to investigate.


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5
Makoa Wolf'sKin wrote:
Who is at the orb and who isn't? I won't leave small group behind to investigate.

No one, right now. The only ones at the orb are the two wights. Everything's still as indicated on the map.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

There's a map 7 posts up. Anyone who hasn't said they're moving is still where they were at the time. :)

Douena isn't at all sure that shooting arrows at a magical orb of negative energy is a good idea, but as it's too late to stop him, she watches what will happen with Lorenz's arrows with interest.


Mahjik pulls out the satchel, "Wise man climbs the tree of knowledge, as it will grow and increase his efforts. Guys! I don't know if this will help - but there's some little satchel here - I'll bring it. What's down the other way?"


Forgot to mention: unless something exciting happens where he is, Mahjik will move back to rejoin the party (and bring light!)


Mahjik the Flink wrote:
Forgot to mention: unless something exciting happens where he is, Mahjik will move back to rejoin the party (and bring light!)

Now that Lorenz has opened fire, I'm going to move things into combat rounds, so movement will have to wait till your turn (you do have the satchel already though). Unfortunately, I don't have the time to update right at the moment. Will do so soon. I just wanted to let people know so that they don't post several rounds worth of actions. :)


Lorenz fires a pair of arrows that streak straight into the side of the orb with loud smacks. Small cracks appear around the areas where the arrows hit. The wights within hiss with anger.

Douena Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Lorenz Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Mahjik Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Makoa Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Urza Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Ishirou Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Jask Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Pezock Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Sasha Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Shokambe Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Wight #12 Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Wight #13 Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
As a static effect, the orb receives an initiative of 10.
Order: Urza, Sasha, Wight #12, Pezock, Mahjik, Shokambe, Lorenz, Ishirou, Orb, Makoa, Wight #13, Douena, Jask.

ROUND 1

ACTIVE EFFECTS:
Mage armour (Urza and Mahjik)

First Up: Urza

Map Updated


AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 47/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

Urza will move until he gets to a point that he can see the orb.


Urza hurries over towards the excitement, moving briefly through the water and then edging past Lorenz (double move to X 58). Sasha follows behind and edges just past Urza (double move to X 59).

With a snarl wight #12 leaves the protection of the orb and cross the bridge to the south side (double move to AC 60). Seeing a target, Pezock hurries to meet her (move to AC 59).

Pezock sawtooth sabre at #12: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 -- hit
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

He swings his sabre, cutting a gash across the wight's chest.

Next Up: Mahjik, Shokambe, Lorenz, Ishirou, Orb, Makoa, Wight #13, Douena, Jask, Urza, Sasha, Wight #12, Pezock.

Map Updated


AC 23; HP 42/42

"More undead?!" Mahjik hurries at full speed to rejoin the fight - err the new menace can close in too much.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

By my reckoning Mahjik should be able to get to Z56


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Round 1: HP = 36/36; AC = 21

"See? I drew one of them out from the orb!" Lorenz says. Pleased to see that the orb had suffered some damage, he decides to continue attempting to destroy it, not wanting to upset Pezock by stealing the birdman's kill.

Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Mahjik hurries in closer, then splashing into the water to get to the south side. Behind him, Shokambe moves more slowly and cautiously (move to W 57).

Lorenz fires off another pair of arrows. The first deflects off the side of the dome without effect (doesn't get past hardness), but the second creates another pattern of cracks where it strikes.

With the large number of people crowded around the finger of rock on the north side, Ishirou waits for the time being. Delay.

The orb has no noticeable effect at the present time.

Next Up: Makoa, Wight #13, Douena, Jask, Urza, Sasha, Wight #12, Pezock, Mahjik, Shokambe, Lorenz, Ishirou (subject to delayed action), Orb.

Map Updated


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Y-56

Dropping his axe in the water, Makoa grabs a javelin as he moves up next to Mahjik. Taking just a moment to aim at the newest Wight, Makoa launches the javelin straight at the undead.

Moving to Y-56 at attack #12

Javelin:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Makoa Wolf'sKin wrote:


Moving to Y-56 at attack #12

The slowing effect of the water means you can't actually get to Y56 in a single move. However, if you move onto the land through Shokambe and Lorenz, then back into the water, you can reach Y 57, so I've put you there instead.

Makoa's javelin arcs across the water and slices across the head of the wight, taking the wight's ear and a chunk of skull with it.

With an angry yell, the other wight exits the orb. It ignores the bridge and wades through the water to the north side of the chamber, then moves up towards Sasha. This wight's body is not Mwangi like the other wights, and it carries a nasty-looking heavy pick. Double move to X 60.

Next Up: Douena, Jask, Urza, Sasha, Wight #12, Pezock, Mahjik, Shokambe, Lorenz, Ishirou (subject to delayed action), Orb, Makoa, Wight #13.

Map Updated

Knowledge (religion) DC 14:
Now that it's out of the orb and can be seen more clearly, Wight #13 is clearly different than the others. It's not just that the original body is not Mwangi like the others, but this one's skin is also not as dry and desiccated as the others. It's also unusual for a wight to use a weapon, suggesting that this one is actually a cairn wight, a wight capable of channelling its energy drain attack through its weapon.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"Sasha!" Douena calls out in alarm. "Be careful! That weapon won't just hurt you; it will drain your life energy as well. Lorenz, forget the orb for now and stop the wight!" She moves down the narrow dry walkway along the edge of the water carefully and pats Pezock on the back. "Hurry and finish this one, Pezock, so you can go help Sasha with the other one."

Move to AB 58; Bit of Luck on Pezock

Don't know if an Acrobatics check is required here to move at more than half-speed, but she only needs to go 15 feet anyway.

Grand Lodge

Disrupt Undead: RTouch, fire into melee
to hit 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 14 damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

Urza moves into the water and shoots a beam of positive energy at the undead battling Pezock.


Douena Trestleben wrote:
Don't know if an Acrobatics check is required here to move at more than half-speed, but she only needs to go 15 feet anyway.

Along the shoreline, you can move at full speed freely.

Douena moves up and bestows Desna's luck upon Pezock. Jask moves up a little bit closer (5-ft step to Z 55) and calls out to Nethys again.

Jask channel energy DC 14: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7
Wight #12 Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 -- fail
Wight #13 Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 -- fail

Both wights reel at the warm, tingling sensation.

ROUND 2

ACTIVE EFFECTS:
Mage armour (Urza and Mahjik)
Bit of luck (Pezock)

Urza moves forward and shoots off a beam of energy at #12. It catches the wight directly in the face. With a screech, the wight topples over. This is followed by another screech from Pezock at the loss of his kill.

Sasha rapier at #13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 -- miss
Sasha kukri at #13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 -- hit, critical threat
Sasha kukri critical confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 -- not confirmed
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Sasha gulps slightly at Douena's words, but presses her attack nonetheless. The wight deftly avoids her rapier thrust, but moves into line with her kukri. At the last moment, the wight spins to the side, turning a potentially heavy blow into a light scratch.

Still grumbling, Pezock wades into the water and starts crossing (double move to Z 60).

Next Up: Mahjik, Shokambe, Lorenz, Ishirou (subject to delayed action), Orb, Makoa, Wight #13, Douena, Jask, Urza, Sasha, Pezock.

Map Updated


AC 23; HP 42/42

Mahjik propels himself through the water, moving surprisingly swiftly given the resistance the water offers. He closes around to behind the undead creature to X61 and tries to elbow it on the knee - but here finally the water catches up with him and he doesn't manage quite the force he was hoping for.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Attack, flanking, power 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 12 damage 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 4 = 12


The wight is momentarily startled as Mahjik leaps from the water, past Sasha along the shoreline and back into the water on the other side of the wight. Using Acrobatics to avoid an AoO requires you move at half speed unless you increase the DC by 10 (in which case Mahjik would fail the DC), so he doesn't get to attack. But seeing as he missed anyway, it doesn't really make a difference. :)

Shokambe delays.

Next Up: Lorenz, Ishirou, Orb, Makoa, Wight #13, Douena, Jask, Urza, Sasha, Pezock, Mahjik, Shokambe (subject to delayed action).

Map Updated


Maybe it isn't possible, but the acrobatics was to move at full speed in the water - and at 40ft Mahjik's speed is high enough to walk around the wight without provoking an AOO.


Mahjik the Flink wrote:
Maybe it isn't possible, but the acrobatics was to move at full speed in the water - and at 40ft Mahjik's speed is high enough to walk around the wight without provoking an AOO.

I'm not aware that Acrobatics can let you do that. There's no mention of it in the Acrobatics skill description or the section on difficult terrain (and remember, each full square of water counts as x4 movement). However, I realize now that Douena was referencing a similar ability up above (but just didn't need to use it). Is there an aspect of the Acrobatics skill that I'm missing somewhere?


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

I've never heard of using Acrobatics to move more quickly through water either. That sounds rather improbable to me.

Round 2: HP = 36/36; AC = 21

Now that Sasha was in danger, Lorenz forgot all about destroying the orb. Instead, he turns his bow on the armed wight, only to realize that the wall is in the way.

Cursing to himself, he steps into the water and tries to get a clear shot through the crowd of people in his way.

Move to Y56.
Deadly Aim, Point Blank Shot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Unfortunately, the half orcs between him and his target block his aim and in an effort to avoid the both of them and still get the wight, his arrow is shot uselessly into the darkness.

"Damn it!"


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2
Navior wrote:
I'm not aware that Acrobatics can let you do that. There's no mention of it in the Acrobatics skill description or the section on difficult terrain (and remember, each full square of water counts as x4 movement). However, I realize now that Douena was referencing a similar ability up above (but just didn't need to use it). Is there an aspect of the Acrobatics skill that I'm missing somewhere?

No, I was just referring to whether the shore was slippery like it was around the first corner where we needed Acrobatics checks to make any headway or had to go half-speed. Acrobatics shouldn't apply in water. Wading through deep water is a question of pushing through with Strength, not being nimble enough to dodge the water molecules. :)


AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 47/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

Urza winces. "So sorry, Pezock. I wasn't thinking. It won't happen again."
I didn't think I'd take it out. I only figured to help out a bit.


Douena Trestleben wrote:
No, I was just referring to whether the shore was slippery like it was around the first corner where we needed Acrobatics checks to make any headway or had to go half-speed. Acrobatics shouldn't apply in water. Wading through deep water is a question of pushing through with Strength, not being nimble enough to dodge the water molecules. :)

Ah, good. Then I'm not losing my mind. Only Lorekeeper is. ;)


Navior wrote:
Douena Trestleben wrote:
No, I was just referring to whether the shore was slippery like it was around the first corner where we needed Acrobatics checks to make any headway or had to go half-speed. Acrobatics shouldn't apply in water. Wading through deep water is a question of pushing through with Strength, not being nimble enough to dodge the water molecules. :)
Ah, good. Then I'm not losing my mind. Only Lorekeeper is. ;)

w00t! :D ...I was referring to the same thing, and the mentioning that the water is relatively shallow - so I assumed there was some or other special reason why an acrobatics check was called for in the past and guessed it was to not lose your balance in the shallow mucky muck.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Pssh! "Shallow." Speak for yourself, freakishly-tall humanoid! ;P


Mahjik the Flink wrote:
I was referring to the same thing, and the mentioning that the water is relatively shallow - so I assumed there was some or other special reason why an acrobatics check was called for in the past and guessed it was to not lose your balance in the shallow mucky muck.

Yeah, that was just in the one section. It was because the shoreline was very thin, so you could either splash in a bit of muddy water and go half speed, or use Acrobatics to move full speed on the thin bit of dry land. It was only meant for the squares highlighted in green (which are now off the left side of the map). For the rest of the mine, if there's more than a sliver of shoreline in the square, you can move at full speed. If the square is all water (or virtually all water), you move at 1/4 speed.

Lorenz moves into the water and fires off an arrow at the wight, but it unfortunately goes quite wide of its mark.

With a bit more space now available, Ishirou moves up and around the corner, then partway into the water and up beside the wight (double move to Y 59, one of those annoying moves that is only a double by 5 ft).

The orb has nothing to affect this round.

Next Up: Makoa, Wight #13, Douena, Jask, Urza, Sasha, Pezock, Mahjik, Shokambe (subject to delayed action), Lorenz, Ishirou).

Map Updated


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Delaying.

With so many of his group around the wight, and the ease with which they have fallen before, Makoa holds back. No sense in tiring himself out if there would be more.


Wight heavy pick at Mahjik: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 and 1 negative level

The wight, seeing that it is becoming surrounded turns on Mahjik and drives its pick deep into his shoulder. In addition to the pain of the wound, Mahjik feels something cold reaching deep within him and sapping away his energy. As he weakens, he sees the wight's wounds close over. The wight looks more vibrant and oddly more alive. It smiles.

Next Up: Douena, Jask, Urza, Sasha, Pezock, Mahjik, Shokambe (subject to delayed action), Lorenz, Ishirou, Orb, Makoa (subject to delayed action), Wight.


AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 47/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

With it looking like they have the upper hand, Urza sees no reason to change spells now.
Disrupt Undead: RTouch, fire into melee
to hit 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 4 = 11 damage 1d6 ⇒ 6


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Douena dashes past the fallen wight on the shoreline and onto the bridge to get a better view but still finds herself unable to contribute to the fight.

Double move to Y 63


Douena hurries onto the bridge. Jask follows behind her (double move to Z 63).

ROUND 3

ACTIVE EFFECTS:
Mage armour (Urza and Mahjik)

Urza shoots another beam of undead disrupting energy. Unfortunately, the wight moves at just the right time and he ends up hitting Mahjik instead. Fortunately, the spell has no effect on the living.

Sasha rapier at #13, flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28 -- hit, critical threat
Sasha rapier critical confirm: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15 -- not confirmed
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sasha kukri at #13, flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7 -- miss

Sasha stabs at the wight as it avoids Urza's spell, catching it in its thigh. It easily avoids her follow-up with her kukri, however.

Pezock continues to slog through the water (move to Y 60).

Pezock sawtooth sabre at #13: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 -- hit
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

He swings his sabre. The wight ducks, but not quite far enough and the tengu's blade cuts off a thin slice from the top of the wight's head.

Next Up: Mahjik, Shokambe (subject to delayed action), Lorenz, Ishirou, Orb, Makoa, Wight, Douena, Jask, Urza, Sasha, Pezock.

Map Updated


AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 47/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will
Navior wrote:
Urza shoots another beam of undead disrupting energy. Unfortunately, the wight moves at just the right time and he ends up hitting Mahjik instead. Fortunately, the spell has no effect on the living.

And that's why I like the spell so much. If only there was a higher level effect that did the same thing.


Doesn't Sasha have Sneak Attack?

AC 23; HP 42/42

Mahjik blinks as the bolt of undead slaying energy leaves him feeling none the worse for wear. "Wise man embraces confirmation," he smirks to himself.

Attack, flanking, power 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 19 damage 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 4 = 7

Attack, flanking, power 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 9 damage 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 4 = 8


Mahjik the Flink wrote:
Doesn't Sasha have Sneak Attack?

No, Pezock and Ishirou are the rogues.

Mahjik the Flink wrote:
AC 23; HP 42/42

I think you missed the nasty 10 points of damage and 1 negative level the wight inflicted on you. That means an additional -1 penalty to your attack rolls (and a loss of 5 more hp).

Mahjik strikes at the wight, but the weakening he's suffered from the wight causes him to misjudge his strikes. The first is just short of being able to catch the wight; the second goes far wide.

Shokambe continues to delay.

Next Up: Lorenz, Ishirou, Orb, Makoa (subject to delayed action), Wight, Douena, Jask, Urza, Sasha, Pezock, Mahjik, Shokambe (subject to delayed action).


I see! Blasted hard-to-hit wight.

AC 23; HP 27/42
mage armor, 1 negative level

6,401 to 6,450 of 8,393 << first < prev | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Navior's Serpent's Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.