Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Navior's Serpent's Skull

Game Master Navior


6,251 to 6,300 of 8,396 << first < prev | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | next > last >>

Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Lorenz peers nervously about, wishing his eyes were sharper. "No thanks, water isn't good for bowstring."


As Makoa speaks, his keen nose picks up a strange scent in the room, and his eyes spot three points of slight discolouration in the water. These discolourations seem to be moving independently of the rest of the water. At that moment, they edge up just above the surface, sending slight ripples across the water that Pezock, Mahjik, and Jask also catch notice of.

Douena Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Lorenz Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Mahjik Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Makoa Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Urza Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Ishirou Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Jask Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Pezock Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Sasha Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Shokambe Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Oozes Initiative: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (14) - 5 = 9
Order: Pezock, Shokambe, Lorenz, Jask, Ishirou, Oozes, Urza, Mahjik, Douena, Sasha, Makoa.

There will be a surprise round in which only Makoa, Mahjik, Pezock, Jask, and the Oozes can act.

SURPRISE ROUND

Moving before anyone else knows what's happening, Pezock rushes forward, cackling gleefully, whipping out his sabre (move to AM 32, draw sabre as part of move).

"Trouble!" Jask calls out. He draws his dagger.

Three transparent globs of oozy slime rise out of the water. One already close enough to Pezock whips a tendril at him, while the other two move up closer to him and Makoa.

Ooze #3 slam at Pezock: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 and 1d6 ⇒ 5 acid
Free grapple attempt: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 -- success
Pezock Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 -- success

The tendril slaps Pezock across the chest and side and slip around his waist, grabbing hold of him.

Next Up: Mahjik, Makoa, Pezock, Shokambe, Lorenz, Jask, Ishirou, Oozes, Urza.

Map Updated

Knowledge (dungeoneering) DC 14:
These are crystal oozes, a variant of gray oozes more at home in water. They are transparent, making them very difficult to spot and possess blindsight.

Knowledge (dungeoneering) DC 19:
The crystal oozes are also acidic and that acid can burn through weapons and armour (causing damage to armour when the ooze hits or damage to weapons when someone hits the ooze; negated by a successful Reflex save).


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Knowledge (dungeoneering) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Allow me to redac Mahjik slightly: instead of his lamp, he's using his everburning torch for light. Forgot about it previously :)

Surprise!
AC 20; HP 42/42

Mahjik moves swiftly to AM31 kicking out at the bloby creature.

Kick! Power attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 1 = 18 damage 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8

Reflex to avoid acidifying foot. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Sorcerer (Draconic) 6; AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 47/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will
Makoa Wolf'sKin wrote:
Natural 20, how I love to see you on my side. :)

You get the '20' and I get the '1'. Perfect.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Drawing his axe, Makoa slashes at the liquid creature02 in front of him.

Power Hand Axe:1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 1 = 12
Damage:1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
Reflex:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Forgot about a special ability and thus a Fortitude save for Pezock as well: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 -- fail
Pezock is paralysed for 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) = 9 rounds.

Mahjik moves swiftly forward and Makoa draws his axe. Only 1 action in a surprise round, so they can't attack yet. Mahjik can only move, and Makoa can only draw his axe since he doesn't have the Quick Draw feat.

ROUND 1

Pezock stares wide-eyed and unmoving at the ooze holding him. Meanwhile Shokambe moves forward, drawing his mace. Move to AO 32, drawing with move. Ready action to attack one that comes in reach.

Next Up: Lorenz, Jask, Ishirou, Oozes, Urza, Mahjik, Douena, Sasha, Makoa, Pezock (paralysed), Shokambe (subject to readied action).

Map Updated


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Round 1: HP 36/36; AC/Touch/FF: 21/14/18

At Jask's yell, Lorenz moves forward with his bow ready, wondering what sort of undead they were facing now.

Double Move to AR32 if he has room there, AP32 if not.


Lorenz Aeryson wrote:
Double Move to AR32 if he has room there, AP32 if not.

AR 32 is possible, but counts as squeezing. I've put you there for now, but if you'd rather AP 32, just let me know. Jask can take a 5-ft step to AQ 31 and still cast his spell on Lorenz.

Lorenz hurries forward and gets his first glimpse of the oozes lifting out of the water. Beside him, Jask mutters a prayer to Nethys, then reaches out and touches Lorenz's arm. Lorenz feels confidence well through him. Aid spell grants 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 temporary hp to Lorenz and +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saves against fear.

Ishirou hurries forward, pulling out his katana, and getting up between Pezock and Makoa. Double move to AM 33.

Tendrils of ooze whip out from #1 (at Mahjik) and #2 (at Makoa), while ooze #3 continues to try to dissolve away its newly capture prey, Pezock.

Ooze #1 slam at Mahjik: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 -- miss
Ooze #2 slam at Makoa: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 and 1d6 ⇒ 3 acid
Makoa Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 -- fail; Makoa's armour takes 3/2 acid damage = 1 - 2 hardness = 0
Makoa Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 -- pass
Ooze #2 free grab attempt on Makoa: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 -- success; Makoa is grappled
Damage to Pezock: 1d6 ⇒ 3 acid (divide 2 minus hardness = no damage to armour)

#2 whacks Makoa across the face, its acid burning into his skin. It then slips around his upper arm, grabbing hold of him.

Next Up: Urza, Mahjik, Douena, Sasha, Makoa, Pezock (paralysed), Shokambe (subject to readied action), Lorenz, Jask, Ishirou, Oozes.

Map Updated


Sorcerer (Draconic) 6; AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 47/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

Move to AN-32

Scorching Ray: RTouch, fire at #3
to hit 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 = 12 damage 4d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 6) + 5 = 20


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

In that case, Lorenz will take AP 32 instead.

Lorenz glances gratefully at Jask but his jaw drops as he sees the creatures attacking them. "Cayden's balls, I don't know if an arrow is going to do any good against those things!"


AC 20; HP 42/42

"What's wrong Pezock? Snap out of it!" Mahjik flails somewhat ineffectually at the ooze - trying overly hard not to smack Pezock by mistake.

Attack, power 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 = 7 damage 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 4 = 13
Reflex 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Attack, power 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 = 6 damage 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 4 = 10
Reflex 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

OMS! Look at that dice hate!


Lorenz Aeryson wrote:
In that case, Lorenz will take AP 32 instead.

Righto.

Mahjik the Flink wrote:
OMS! Look at that dice hate!

Aren't you lucky oozes have horrendous ACs because those rolls actually hit! The Reflex saves both fail; however, they're only required for wooden or metal weapons, not natural ones, so you're still good. :)

Urza sends a streak of fire over the shoulders of Makoa and Ishirou, straight into the ooze gripping Pezock. Alas, its liquid-like form seems to just quench the fire rather than be damaged by it.

Despite his clumsy motions, Mahjik still lands two solid blows. The ooze is just too slow and presents too wide a target to easily miss. Mahjik's fists punch holes through it, acidic goop dropping back down into the water. The holes quickly close over, but the ooze is noticeably smaller as a result.

Next Up: Douena, Sasha, Makoa, Pezock (paralysed), Shokambe (subject to readied action), Lorenz, Jask, Ishirou, Oozes, Urza, Mahjik.

Map Updated


Quote:
Aren't you lucky oozes have horrendous ACs because those rolls actually hit! The Reflex saves both fail; however, they're only required for wooden or metal weapons, not natural ones, so you're still good. :)

o.O

...I shall just sit here and wordlessly celebrate in stunned silence...


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Douena dashes around Lorenz's and Shokambe's legs to get a better view of what's going on. "Pezock!" she cries in alarm when she sees the tengu partially enveloped by the ooze. "They're crystal oozes. They live in the water, and they can see in the dark," she explains needlessly. "Ishirou, get it off of him!" She reaches out and infuses the Tian with a bit of luck.

Move to AN 32; Bit of Luck on Ishirou


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Caught in the clutches of something that didn't look like it should be able to hold him, Makoa bites at the ooze viciously.

Power Bite:1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 10
Damage:1d4 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8


LoreKeeper wrote:
Quote:
Aren't you lucky oozes have horrendous ACs because those rolls actually hit! The Reflex saves both fail; however, they're only required for wooden or metal weapons, not natural ones, so you're still good. :)

o.O

...I shall just sit here and wordlessly celebrate in stunned silence...

-5 Dex penalty, no natural armour. Oozes have some nasty abilities, but their big weakness is that they're as easy to hit as a wall. :)

Douena scurries up and infuses Ishirou with some luck. Meanwhile, back by the entrance, Sasha has watched in stunned silence as everyone has dashed forward. Coming to her senses, she follows quickly after, moving as close as she can, but it's too congested by the chamber entrance. Move to AQ 32, drawing rapier and kukri as she moves. Ready action to move closer if an opening presents itself.

Makoa bites at the ooze holding him. The taste is vile, like acidic slime, but he does tear away a portion, almost severing its grip on him, but the hole quickly closes over, shrinking the ooze.

ROUND 2

CURRENT EFFECTS:
Paralysis (Pezock) -- will wear off on oozes' turn in round 9
Bit of Luck (Ishirou)
Aid (Lorenz) -- will wear off on Jask's turn in round 31

Shokambe dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 -- hit
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Shokambe Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 -- fail
Damage to dagger: irrelevant; it can't get past hardness. (Part of me wonders if this ability is supposed to bypass hardness, since it's virtually impossible for it to actually damage items as written. However, it doesn't say it bypasses hardness.)

Shokambe, unable to get close enough, changes tactics and pulls out a dagger. He tosses it over Makoa's shoulder at the ooze holding the half-orc. The dagger slices cleanly through the centre of the ooze, taking a chunk of goo with it as it splashes into the water.

Next Up: Lorenz, Jask, Ishirou, Oozes, Urza, Mahjik, Douena, Sasha (subject to readied action), Makoa, Pezock (paralysed), Shokambe.

Map Updated


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4
Navior wrote:
-5 Dex penalty, no natural armour. Oozes have some nasty abilities, but their big weakness is that they're as easy to hit as a wall. :)

Wrong, walls are automatically hit, no need to roll. ;)


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Round 2: HP 45/36; AC/Touch/FF: 21/14/18

Even unsure if the arrow would be of much use to something that looked like water, Lorenz decides to take a shot anyway and see what happens. He quickly draws and fires two arrows, aiming with deadly intent for the nearest of the oozes.

Deadly Aim Point Blank Rapid Shot at 02 with Aid: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 14

2nd Deadly Aim Point Blank Rapid Shot at 02 with Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Critical Damage if applicable: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 8) = 12


Unfortunately, oozes are amongst the few creatures still immune to criticals. Otherwise, that would have been awesome damage. As it is, it's still two hits with pretty good damage.

Lorenz's arrows tear gaping holes in the second ooze. It tries to spread itself out to fill in the holes, but can't quite manage it, succeeding only in turning the two big holes into multiple smaller holes and thinning the entire ooze out quite a bit.

Jask delays.

Ishirou katana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 -- natural 1, miss
Ishirou katana reroll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 -- hit
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Reflex save and possible weapon damage irrelevant as it can't overcome hardness.

Ishirou raises his katana and slices through the ooze holding Pezock. It's only a small cut, however, and one that the ooze easily repairs, shrinking it only slightly.

Ooze #1 slam at Mahjik: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 -- hit
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 and 1d6 ⇒ 5 acid
Free grab: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 -- fail
Ooze #2 slam at Makoa: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 -- miss
Ooze #3 damage to Pezock: 1d6 ⇒ 3 acid (armour not damaged)

The ooze on Mahjik swipes a tendril at him again, this time catching him across the neck. It is unable to get a hold, however. The second ooze lets go of Makoa and slams at him again, but in its somewhat weakened state, it is unable to either hit him or reestablish its hold.

Next Up: Urza, Mahjik, Douena, Sasha (subject to readied action), Makoa, Pezock, Shokambe, Lorenz, Jask (subject to delayed action), Ishirou, Oozes.


Completely forgot Mahjik's Fortitude save vs paralysis.

Mahjik Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 -- pass


Sorcerer (Draconic) 6; AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 47/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

AC 14, FF 12 T 12; HP 32/32
Lvl 1: 5/6; Lvl 2: 3/4

Magic Missile it is. I'll target the smallest of the oozes.
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8


AC 20; HP 32/42

Grimacing off the acidic hurt Mahjik shouts, "Damnit Pezock! What the hell did that thing do to you!?" His attacks are quick, if a bit desperate.

Attack, power 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 2 = 4 damage 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 4 = 9
Attack, power 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22 damage 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 4 = 12


Urza's bolts slam into ooze #2, sending globs of goop spiralling into the water. The creature looks barely able to hold itself together now.

The first of Mahjik's attacks still suffers from the clumsiness of his previous attacks, and this time, the oozy creature manages to avoid being struck. With his second attack, however, Mahjik regains his composure and slams his fist through the ooze.

Next Up: Douena, Sasha (subject to readied action), Makoa, Pezock (paralysed), Shokambe, Lorenz, Jask, Ishirou, Oozes, Urza, Mahjik.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"Pezock, what's wrong? Are you all right?" Douena continues to tug at the tengu's elbow.

Delay. These things are easy enough to hit (though hard to kill) and don't seem to be doing more damage to him atm; I don't want to use up all her Bits of Luck in the first room of the dungeon. :P


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Seeing the ooze shrink, Makoa tries to throw it off of him and get free.

CMB to Break the Grapple:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Makoa Wolf'sKin wrote:

Seeing the ooze shrink, Makoa tries to throw it off of him and get free.

CMB to Break the Grapple:1d20+6

Makoa isn't grappled anymore. The ooze let go of him to attempt another slam attack, but then missed. I'll use your roll as an attack roll instead, since I presume that's what you'll probably do instead.

Douena pleads with Pezock, but the tengu continues to stand there unmoving as the ooze slowly dissolves his flesh.

Unable to get through, Sasha remains where she is for the moment. Delay.

Makoa damage to ooze: 1d4 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 3 = 10

Makoa bites at the ooze near him, tearing away foul-tasting goop and successfully shredding the creature. It collapses with a splash and begins dissolving away into the water.

ROUND 3

CURRENT EFFECTS:
Paralysis (Pezock) -- will wear off on oozes' turn in round 9
Aid (Lorenz) -- will wear off on Jask's turn in round 31

Seeing space open up beside Makoa, Sasha moves forward, pushing past Lorenz, Urza, and Makoa, and wading into the water to attack the ooze holding Pezock. Move to AM 34.

Sasha rapier at ooze #3: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Her rapier pierces the ooze, but does only a small amount of damage.

Shokambe waits. Delay.

Next Up: Lorenz, Jask, Ishirou, Oozes, Urza, Mahjik, Douena (subject to delayed action), Makoa, Sasha, Pezock (paralysed), Shokambe (subject to delayed action).

Map Updated


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Round 3: HP 45/36; AC/Touch/FF: 21/14/18

With Sasha now in battle with the ooze, Lorenz has to take a deep breath to keep his calm. He pulls another arrow from his quiver, and does his best to eye the target of the ooze closest to her. Letting out his pent up breath, he releases the arrow and draws again, releasing the second arrow in a quick, fluid motion.

Deadly Aim Point Blank Rapid Shot at 03 with Aid: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 11

2nd Deadly Aim Point Blank Rapid Shot at 03 with Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Sorcerer (Draconic) 6; AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 47/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

AC 14, FF 12 T 12; HP 32/32
Lvl 1: 4/6; Lvl 2: 3/4

Urza gives the wink and the gun and two more bolts of magical energy streaks out from his hand to strike at the ooze covering Pezock.zes.

2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9


AC 20; HP 32/42

Does Mahjik notice if blunt attacks seem to do less damage than piercing or slashing attacks? If so Mahjik can try to switch his damage type.

Mahjik hopes to finish of the ooze quickly now, keeping the momentum going.

Attack, power 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 2 = 13 damage 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 4 = 8
Attack, power 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 2 = 17 damage 1d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 4 = 8


Mahjik the Flink wrote:
Does Mahjik notice if blunt attacks seem to do less damage than piercing or slashing attacks? If so Mahjik can try to switch his damage type.

Blunt, piercing, and slashing all seem to be working equally well. So far, the only thing that hasn't been effective against the oozes is fire.

Lorenz shoots off another pair of arrows. Despite the number of people between him and his target, the arrows fly true, over the heads of everyone else and straight through the ooze, pulling out gobs of sticky goo with them.

Jask continues to wait. Delay.

Ishirou katana at #3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 -- hit
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Immediately after Lorenz's arrows shoot through the ooze, Ishirou's katana cuts through it as well. It continues to spread itself thin to cover up the holes, but it doesn't look like it can spread itself much thinner. In retaliation, it lets go of Pezock and attacks Ishirou, while its companion continues to assault Mahjik.

Ooze #1 slam at Mahjik: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 -- miss
Ooze #3 slam at Ishirou: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 -- miss

Both oozes miss.

Urza fires off another pair of bolts that slam through #3. Unable to spread itself any thinner, the ooze completely loses cohesion and splashes into the water.

Mahjik lands two more blows on the final ooze. It is unable to cover the wounds from the first before Mahjik has hit it a second time. The result is the ooze being essentially torn in half. It collapses and begins dissolving in the water.

COMBAT OVER


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"Pezock! Pezock!" Douena continues to try to shake the tengu out of whatever state he's in.


The tengu remains stiff and unmoving for another half-minute or so. Occasionally during that time, a slight gurgling noise comes from his throat as if he's trying to speak. Suddenly, a loud yell erupts from his mouth as he stumbles forward, nearly falling in the water, the paralysis having finally worn off. "AAAAAAAAARH!" he yells.

He regains his footing and sheathes his sabre with an angry grumble.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Unfazed by Pezock's frustration, Douena is pleased to see him regain his mobility. "Apparently they're like ghouls," she tells the others. "Remember the ghouls under the lighthouse? I wonder if they're some kind of undead ooze. C'mon, Pezock; Mahjik and Makoa, you too. Anyone else hurt? We're close enough to the entrance; we should go back out there before I try to get Desna's attention. She didn't like it last time I was underground." Retreating to the cave entrance with anyone who was hurt by the oozes, Douena presents her butterfly with an anxious glance up at the open sky. Channel Positive Energy 1d6 ⇒ 6 "See?" she asks with satisfaction. "It works better without rock over my head."


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Lorenz nods with satisfaction over the destruction of the fluid creatures and moves up to Sasha. Are you well? Those things were very odd. But it felt good to use my bow again. I feel like I've never shot so well."

He follows Douena up to the surface even though he wasn't injured and keeps watch while she calls on Desna for healing.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

Makoa starts chuckling, looking at Lorenz and then the water.

"Not good for the bowstring, huh?"


Sorcerer (Draconic) 6; AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 47/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

"It's never simple is it?" Urza laments.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"What fun would it be if it were?" Douena replies. "Think how boring it would be if we just walked and walked and walked and never ran into anything interesting until we got to where we're going."


Male Half-Orc Barbarian(Totem Warrior/Invulnerable Rager) : 2 Druid(Wolf Shaman) : 4

To Mordor! What, all those hobbits did was walk and walk and walk!


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Lorenz shakes his head at Makoa's question. "Not good at all!"


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"Do you think this whole mine is flooded?" Douena asks anxiously. "If the top of it is underwater, the bottom must be too, right? How can we get through it?"


Sorcerer (Draconic) 6; AC 14 (18), FF 12 (16) T 12; HP 47/47;Perception +6; Spells Lvl 3: 2/4; Lvl 2: 5/6; Lvl 1: 3/7; Cantrip: at will

"We can go back out of here or swim I guess." Urza does not seem to like either idea.


"Thank you little one," Mahjik stretches a little and checks his skin for acidic burn marks where the ooze had wacked him.

Back inside, he points to the little makeshift bridge at the edge of light, "Wise man sees a swallow behind a tree by the song it sings, look, there's a bridge - somebody cared about getting in and out. I think we should at least a look going along the edge to see where it goes."


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

Lorenz nods slowly. "We should at least look, but if everything is flooded out later, I'm not going to swim through it. The last thing I want is to have undead attacking me while I'm trying to swim. Fighting in water is hard."


"Keep in mind that this is a mine dug into the foothill of a mountain," Shokambe says. "It may not go down deep, but rather just extend horizontally."


Move forward a little bit to see what's ahead, you see that at the very least, the next chamber is not completely flooded. Like the first, the centre is flooded, but a narrow walkway exists on either side.

Sasha tests the bridge gingerly, then crosses once she's determined it will hold her wait. Half way across, she pauses and peers down. "The water doesn't look very deep," she says. "It's hard to tell because of the dim light and the water's murky, but I'd say only a couple of feet." She then finishes crossing to the other side.

At the north end of the chamber, a passage exits, curving to the right and out of sight.

Map Updated


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

"Don't get too far ahead, Sasha," Douena whispers across the water loudly. "If there are more of those things, they're hard to spot, but they can tell where we are in complete darkness, even without eyes." She scowls back at Lorenz. "What are you doing, letting her run way out ahead into danger when she might be sick?"


Male Human (Andoran) Fighter Lvl 5

"I'll shoot whatever tries to attack her," Lorenz answers back, forgetting to whisper. His bow is at the ready with an arrow already held in place. "Besides, I wouldn't presume to stop her from making her own choices." he says, somewhat more softly.


Female Gnome Cleric 4/ Rogue (burglar) 2

Assume I can find small rocks lying around for Douena to light up, DM?

Douena picks up some small stones, sets one alight, and drops the others in her pocket for later. She sidles past the others quietly, watching the water for telltale ripples, and edges up to the curve in the passageway. With a nod across the water at Sasha, she tosses her lighted stone just around the curve so Sasha can get a glimpse of what lies ahead from the other side of the pool.

Take 10 on Stealth = 24; take 10 on Acrobatics (looks like that walkway gets narrow) = 20; drop stone in W 38


Douena Trestleben wrote:
Assume I can find small rocks lying around for Douena to light up, DM?

Yep, loads of stones.

Douena creeps quietly forward while Sasha does the same on the other side, keeping a careful eye out all the while. Douena tosses her lighted stone around the corner and Sasha moves up close enough to get a good view. The others follow slowly behind.

"Another chamber," Sasha says quietly. "There's another bridge just around the corner. I can't see much farther than that, but the chamber is flooded just like this one with a thin ledge of dry land on each side."

Map Updated

Douena Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Sasha Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Sasha Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

DM Stuff:
1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 = 25
1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 - 2 = 12
1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 = 25
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

6,251 to 6,300 of 8,396 << first < prev | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Navior's Serpent's Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.