Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Navior's Jade Regent (Inactive)

Game Master Navior


2,001 to 2,050 of 3,213 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Corinna:
"But I thought you said you didn't..." Sandru begins, but stops. "No, never mind about that. We could definitely use the services of a guide or spellcaster. I'd be happy to hire you on for the trip. As far as Riddleport, you say?"


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

DM:
"At ... at least," Corinna stammers. "If I don't find ... what I'm looking for there, I hope at least to find some indication of where to head next. Although it's been so long.... Mr. Vhiski," she asks impulsively, "I don't suppose you've ever run across in your travels a caravaner by the name of Pitivo? He'd be ... over forty years old...?"


Corinna:
"Pitivo?" Sandru scratches his beard for a moment. "It's not the most common name, but I have met one or two before. One was just a ten-year-old boy at the time, which would make him about fifteen or sixteen now, so definitely not the one you're thinking of. The other was older. Thirties I thought. Could have been a young-looking forty. He was a caravaner, but that's true of most Varisians. I think it was in the Riddleport area where I met him though. Why do you ask?"


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

DM:
She looks up at him with both anxiety and excitement in her eyes. "I, er, I've just discovered.... There was a debt that wasn't repaid.... In Riddleport, you say? How long ago was this?"


Corinna:
"About a year, year and a half ago," Sandru replies. "I was headed into Riddleport. He was headed out. Our two caravans spent a night camped in the same location. I'm afraid there's not much more I can tell you about him. He was just one of many with that caravan, and I only spoke a few words with him. The next morning, both groups went their separate ways. I haven't run into that group since."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

DM:
"I, er ... thank you," she stammers in confusion. Probably not the same man. Too young. But maybe.... "When, um," she recovers, "do you expect to be ready to leave?"


Shalelu:
"It is very good to see you again."[/b] He says with no feeling behind it. "I was wondering, though, why you decided to come with us? I mean, do you have nothing better to do or is my presence a deciding factor?"


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

Gilfroy:
"Hey there, Gilfroy old chap,"[b] says Gilfroy. [b]"How are things? Good? Yeah, me too. It's awfully quiet around here these days. It's like the whole town is in whispers, having their own conversations, and Melon isn't in on all of them simultaneously. Something weird is definitely going on. What's that? Yeah, I think you're the best, too. What, me? Oh, no, definitely you. No, really, you all the way. Hey, is that another blue hair?"


Gilfroy:
Ameiko leans over towards Gilfroy as she passes him, and says quietly, "You shouldn't talk to yourself. People might think you're..." She makes a circular motion with her finger at the side of her head, then winks at him and continues on her way to serve customers.


Corinna:
"In a few days," Sandru replies. "The goal is the sixteenth. Your friends should be happy to know you're coming along. How would you like to tell them?"


Malan:
Shalelu gives one of her rare smiles. "I'm coming because I've been feeling for a while that it's time for a little trip away. I like Sandpoint, but if I don't get away from it from time to time, the people become to reliant on me and expect me to do everything." She pauses a moment before continuing. "I'm also coming because Ameiko is a friend and she asked me to. In all honesty, I didn't even realize you were coming as well until after I had already said yes. Not that that would have changed my answer to her. So don't think that you're inconveniencing me in any way. I'm glad that you're coming along."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

DM:
"Oh, er," she blushes, "I'd really prefer to keep this as quiet as possible. As you may have surmised, my uncle is ... less than enamored of the caravaning lifestyle, and you know how anything involving Ameiko tends to become the prime topic of conversation in Sandpoint," she adds a little bitterly. "Perhaps we could simply surprise them?" she gives a wan if hopeful smile. "I have no doubt most of them could keep a confidence, but a few," she goes on, thinking primarily of Melon, "aren't known for discretion. If my uncle heard rumors...," she trails off, shaking her head. "I'd like my last days at home with my mother to be pleasant ones, not ones marked by family conflict."


Melon approaches Gilfroy with a look of concern, "Fezzi! I don't know what to get?!" Her expression is one of mixed concern and excitement. "Usually its just me when I travel. Well, and short-term company, but that doesn't count. I don't know what to get. It's like we'll be a small village on wheels."


Corinna:
Sandru nods. "I understand. I won't mention anything to anyone until we're ready to go." He offers her his hand. "Welcome aboard."


With Shalelu confirmed as a caravan member, plans get heavily moving over the next few days. Ameiko would like to leave on the 16th and Sandru's quite confident you'll be ready in loads of time for that date. The 13th, 14th, and 15th are spent making final hires, purchases, and repairs.

Okay, Caravan Team. I need your final decisions regarding the caravan ASAP, so I can advance the time to the 16th and get this show moving. :)


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

"Well, I wanted to take Umbral, so I needed foot for him, which meant I needed a small cart. Since I had the cart, I figured I might as well rig it up so others could have more room in the sleeping wagons, so I bought a couple winter blankets, an extra-thick bedroll, and an oiled canvas sheet to wrap them all in and stretch over the top of the cart to kept the dew and rain off me. Figuring there would be rest stops, I picked myself up a couple folding chairs, and scored a magical torch that doesn't make heat or smoke for light. Then I outfitted myself with some more practical clothes, a special backpack that helps properly distribute its weight, so I can carry more, some professional-quality artist brushes that look like they've been in that store for a decade, and finally a couple wrist sheathes and a masterwork crossbow, just because. But that's just me."

He flicks one wrist and a dagger appears. From the other wrist sheathe appears a limp rose. "Chosen champion of Milani, at your service."

Okay, I really want him to be able to mage hand his chair. He's getting a child-sized version, which should be lighter. That okay?


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

DM:
"I, er.... Thank you." She turns a little pink as she puts her hand in his and allows it to be shaken. She flips her hood back over her head and, not knowing what to do with the damp towel, sets it down surreptitiously in the wagon as Sandru moves past her to open the door. She nods a farewell to him and even gives a tentative wave to Bevelek and Vankor -- I suppose they're my co-workers now -- before continuing into Sandpoint to post her letters.


@Navior: actually I think everybody has opted for "2" and our primary caravanist's future is uncertain.

Melon claps, "Milani's liberator at large! That's some good ideas right there. Practical. Practical." She hurries off to see what she can find.


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

Gilfroy watches her head off with a chuckle, then a look of horror crosses his face as he realizes he has no idea how to reinsert a limp rose into a spring-loaded wrist sheathe. He ponders it for a moment, then shrugs and presents the rose with a flourish to one of the serving girls of the Rusty Dragon. "For you, my dear."

Then he retreats to the fireside, ensconces himself in a well-stuffed chair, and pulls a brand new ivory pipe out of his pocket. He got a quick course from the shopkeeper on how to use the thing, so he prepares the pipe as instructed, uses a spark to light it.

A few moments later, the sweet smell of tobacco fills the common room of the Rusty Dragon, followed shortly thereafter by hacking, coughing, and wheezing, and a gnomish voice cursing, "By Milani's balls! How do people do this!? Bleack!!!!"


Shalelu:
Malan deflates a bit. "No. I definitely do not want to be an inconvenience. Is that why you left me? Because I was an inconvenience to you? Well you need not worry. I am fully capable of taking care of myself now. In fact, you are starting to get a little long in the ears note to self: come up with better elven insults and maybe it is you that will be the inconvenience. Why did I ever let myself think you cared for me. I was just another project or mission and when it was done, you were done with me too. Well I apologize for surprising you like this. I did not realize it would be such an inconvenience." Nearly to tears Malan stands shakily to leave.


Malan:
Shalelu looks confused and then stunned as Malan speaks. When he stands up to leave, she clumsily stands up as well and reaches out to grab his arm. "No, no, you're not an inconvenience. I just told you you're not an inconvenience. I...I left because I had responsibilities. I've always had responsibilities. And...and I was young. Still am, although I hope a little wiser. I..."

She lets go of his arm, takes a deep breath and, after a moment, continues, "You are not an inconvenience to me."


Shalelu:
'"Of course not. Just make sure you can keep up." With that he excuses himself.


Melon's procurements:

cold-weather outfit 8gp
winter blanket 5sp
50ft silk rope 10gp
(divine) everburning torch 200gp assuming that Navior allows the same item as in Serpent Skull
4x potion of mage armor 200gp (50gp each)
2x potion of cure light wounds 100gp (50gp each)
1x air crystals 50gp provides air for 1 minute, Pathfinder Society Field Guide

Total (rounded up) 600gp (includes roughly 20gp spending money on drinks and food leading up to the 16th)
Gold remaining 52 (34 loot + 18 character start)

This assumes we don't spend loot money on the caravan, if we do I'll adjust the purchases a bit :)


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

On the morning of the 16th, Tevyn rises early at the Rusty Dragon and makes his way quietly downstairs to the stable to ready his recently purchased horse. He hefts his pack and all the quivers of arrows he'd purchased before removing several items and stuffing them into the horse's saddlebag. When everything is loaded up to his satisfaction, he gives the horse some oats and heads back into the inn for breakfast.

Back in the inn he adjusts his new chain shirt and checks the new bow he'd purchased before sitting down at one of the tables to wait for the others to arrive.

Tevyn's Acquisitions:

Tevyn purchased a masterwork composite longbow and several various arrows (all listed in his profile under equipment and expendable items). He also bought a combat trained riding horse, military saddle, and saddlebags. He contributed the 125 gold he saved from getting the chain shirt to the caravan funds for current or later expenses.

He also placed a couple of traveling rations (extras for emergencies) a waterbag and several quivers of arrows in the saddlebags so as not to suffer encumbrance penalties. He currently has just over 103 gp remaining.


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

On the morning of their departure, Gilfroy has vanished, leaving a note that he had something important to do, and he would catch up with the caravan on the road if they left before he got back.

He's waiting outside Valdemar manor with a package. He asks the guard on duty if he may be permitted to say good-bye to Corinna.


Malan goes shopping:
Comp. Longbow, mw, str +1 - 500 gp
Pot. Cure Light Wounds x2 - 100 gp
Arrows x100 -5 gp
Arrows, blunt x40 - 4 gp
Silver Holy Symbol - 25 gp

Also about 3 gold spent over the next few days for various and sundry.


"Hallo Ameiko! And good morning!" Melon's looking a bit flushed, as if she's exerted some haste recently. She'd left the Rustic Dragon early in the morning on the day of departure and returned now, some two hours later. "Here!" she beams, "This is for you." She hands Ameiko a vial with a shimmering liquid inside. "I thought I should get you something from the goddess of travel - to bless our expedition with success. The cleric at Desna's shrine assured me that this would be most appropriate."

It is, in fact, a potion of divine favor, made by a Desnan cleric.


16 ROVA, 4711

Gilfroy:
Gilfroy arrives bright and early at Valdemar manor to enquire about Corinna. The guard shakes his head. "Sorry, sir. Miss Valdemar left for Korvosa just before dawn."


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

"Wha-? Oh. That's too bad. I really wanted to see her before we left." He looks at his package and contemplates leaving it there, then realizes that won't help. "Thanks, anyway."

Gilfroy returns to town very glum and dejected, cursing himself softly under his breath. He inquires with the posting people to ask how much it would cost to send a 3 foot by 2 foot by 6-inch package to Korvosa, then realizes he has no idea where to send it to, so in the end he carefully stows it on his cart and heads out to join the caravan.


Over the last few days, several new wagons have shown up at the little campsite just off the side of the road into Sandpoint. Local business have found themselves slightly busier than usual as Sandru and his people purchase new supplies and get things ready.

On the morning of the 16th, there's a small crowd of people moving about the site, tending to the horses and hitching them to the wagons. Others load barrels and boxes onto the supply wagons. Ameiko stands with Sandru as he overlooks all the work. She's dressed in adventuring gear, armed with a rapier and a samisen. Shalelu stand not too far away, watching Ameiko.

Koya arrives with a bundle of bags that she struggles to load into the fortune-teller's wagon. All the while, she mutters about wondering where Rajah and Gilfroy have gotten to. After a moment, Vankor rushes over to help her get the bags inside.

Throughout this, a small crowd of onlookers from town have gathered on the road. Over the last few days, the entire town has become aware of the caravan's imminent departure with Ameiko.


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

Tevyn rides up to the campsite on his horse and dismounts in one fluid motion. He makes his way on foot through the crowd, pulling the horse after him until he nears Ameiko.

"Good morning Ameiko, Sandru." He nods courteously to Shalelu. "It looks like things are going well." He looks at Ameiko in her adventuring gear.

"You look different, dressed for travel and armed like that. It suits you."


Melon appears at the campsite - she's coming along in a odd slow walk: every step she takes includes a deep squat. Her calves and thighs glisten with sweat, muscles carve furrows along her skin and erode again as she progresses. "Hi! I'm here!" She lifts her excess gear off her back. "Where can I put this?"


"Over here. Someone hand me that too." Malan is in one of the covered wagons helping to pack everything away. "They seem of two minds about us going on this journey." He says indicating the crowd.

Malan also purchases a tent and adds 24 gold to the caravan.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

DM:
Pre-dawn, 16 Rova 4711

Having kissed her mother goodbye inside by candlelight, Corinna crosses the grounds and startles the half-asleep guard in Valdemar livery at the gate before conjuring dancing lights to accompany her down the road toward town. When she passes the bend by the tree that she knows marks the farthest anyone can see from the windows of the house, her pace flags, however. What is she doing? It's not too late to change her mind. She could still slip right past the caravan and book a ticket to Korvosa ... and live the rest of her life like her mother has, wondering what might have been.

With a determined step, she picks up her pace again. As she arrives at the caravan, she sees that her thoughts of slipping past unnoticed were idle ones, as the men of the caravan are already up and moving about, making preparations for the journey even before the sun is up. Arriving very noticeably as she is in a nimbus of arcane light, she blushes as all eyes turn in her direction.

"Er, good morning," she greets them. "Don't let me interrupt you. Mr. Vhiski," she approaches Sandru a little shyly, "is there somewhere I might ... stay out of the way until we're underway? We're still very close to my uncle's house, and if someone were to tell him I'd been seen here ... well, the scene might be unpleasant. Besides, I'm sure I'd only get in the way of those who know what they're doing."

Charisma check 1d20 ⇒ 16


Corinna:
Sandru smiles at Corinna's approach. "Miss Valdemar, good morning!" He puts down his breakfast bowl and stands up to greet her. "I have just the place." He leads her over to the fortune-teller's wagon and opens the door for her. "Not too many people will be going in and out of here in the next while, so it's the best place to stay out of sight. Is there anything I can get you? Some breakfast perhaps?"

The wagon is a bit cramped but comfortable. From outside, she can still hear the sounds of people moving about and horses whinnying. Some time later, the door opens and Koya is there with several bags that are obviously too heavy for her. A moment later, Vankor arrives and helps her load the bags into the wagon. Neither of them acknowledge Corinna's presence other than to motion her back should she try to assist. Once the bags are inside, Koya climbs in and closes the door.

"Good morning, dear," Koya says to Corinna. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Koya." She opens one of the bags and starts pulling out fortune-telling supplies, including a harrow deck. "I take it Sandru is helping you sneak out of town? Don't worry, I won't give you away."


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

Gilfroy pulls up on his cart, erratically coming to a stop after nearly running Melon over. He goes to find Sandru and asks him where in the caravan line he wants Gilfroy and his cart.


Tevyn wrote:

Tevyn rides up to the campsite on his horse and dismounts in one fluid motion. He makes his way on foot through the crowd, pulling the horse after him until he nears Ameiko.

"Good morning Ameiko, Sandru." He nods courteously to Shalelu. "It looks like things are going well." He looks at Ameiko in her adventuring gear.

"You look different, dressed for travel and armed like that. It suits you."

"Thank you!" Ameiko says with a smile. "The combination of weapon and musical instrument usually turns heads." She suddenly shivers slightly. "Just a little nervous," she says embarrassedly. "It's going to take us a couple of weeks just to reach Brinewall, but I feel like this is a pretty big moment nonetheless. The first step to solving the mystery of my family."


Sandru directs Gilfroy to a spot in line, and then hurriedly moves through the caravan, making final checks to ensure everything is in order. When he's finished, he returns to Ameiko and the others.

"Right," he says. "Everyone here?" He looks over everyone gathered there, and then looks over them again. "Where's that young man, Rajah? Anyone seen him?" He looks about again, but can find no sign of Rajah.


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

Hearing Sandru call out for Rajah, Gilfroy looks about the caravan, concerned. Not seeing him, he heads to Koya's wagon to see if he's there, knocking on the small door if she's not outside or up in the seat.


The door opens a crack and Koya peers out. "Yes?" Assuming Gilfroy says he's looking for Rajah, she says, "No, I haven't seen him today. I was hoping you or he or both would have helped me with my bags, but neither of you came. He hasn't shown up here, either?" She slips out the door and quickly closes it behind her. There's a definite look of concern on her face. "We'd better go look for him."

Gilfroy Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Gilfroy Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 8


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

"Oh, I'm sorry Koya. I...I had an errand to run early this morning, a package to deliver, though unfortunately the recipient had already left town. And I kind of figured Rajah would be around to help you out. We definitely need to find him. He's too slow to catch up on his own!"

Gilfroy runs after Koya (probably literally) as they look for Rajah.


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

Tevyn smiles back. "The first day of a journey is always an exciting one. That you're taking the first steps toward finding out more about where you came from just raises the anticipation, I expect. I'm eager for the journey as well. I don't know that I've ever traveled so far before."

At the ruckus regarding Rajah, Tevyn turns, the smile slipping from his lips. "I haven't seen him in some time," he says quietly. "I hope nothing has interfered with his plans."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

DM:
Before Gilfroy knocks on the door

Quote:
"Good morning, dear," Koya says to Corinna. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Koya." She opens one of the bags and starts pulling out fortune-telling supplies, including a harrow deck. "I take it Sandru is helping you sneak out of town? Don't worry, I won't give you away."

Taken somewhat aback at Koya's matter-of-fact assumption, she stammers back, "C- Corinna. I believe I've heard of you, though I haven't had the pleasure of making your acquaintance. I, er ... my condolences on your mother's passing. I wasn't in Sandpoint at the time." The immediate introductions over with, she falls silent a moment, then asks hesitantly, "Does Mr. Vhiski ... make a habit of secreting women out of town?"


Corinna:
Koya chuckles. "Oh, I wouldn't say a habit, but it's happened a few times. Not always women, mind. Sometimes it's men. Sandru's a good man and willing to help out those in trouble through no fault of their own."


"I saw him briefly last night," Ameiko says. "He was heading up to his room at the Dragon. He wished me a good night. Everything seemed fine. He's probably just running late."

At that moment, one of the serving girls from the Rusty Dragon comes running through the crowd. She makes her way over to Ameiko and holds out a letter to her. "This was left for you," she says.

Ameiko takes the letter, opens it, and reads. "It's from Rajah," she says. "He says something unexpected has come up and he has to take care of it immediately. There are no details about what. He says to go on without him and he'll do his best to catch up in a few days time."


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

Tevyn nods, all concern for Rajah forgotten. "Then I see no reason to delay the journey any longer. Assuming, of course, that everything else is at the ready."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

DM:
"I- I'm not 'in trouble,'" Corinna objects weakly, her mind going immediately to the euphemism commonly applied to unmarried women who want to get out of town quietly. "But, yes, he is helping me ... to avoid an unpleasant scene, at the very least. I'm ... I'm trying to uncover a secret that my family would rather leave buried. If they knew where I was going...." She offers the older woman a half-smile, admitting, "I'll feel more comfortable once we're out of Sandpoint."


Corinna:
Koya smiles back at Corinna. "I understand. We'll be on our way soon."


Koya comes up beside Ameiko and reaches for the letter. "May I see that?" she asks. Ameiko hands her the letter. Koya quickly scans it over and frowns. "He apologizes for not seeing us off in person," she says. "But surely he could have found a moment to say something, or at the very least given a bit more information in his letter."

She looks angry for a moment, but then she sighs. "Oh well. He's a good lad. I'm sure there must be a good reason." She hands the letter back to Ameiko, then turns to Sandru. "Looks like everyone's here, Sandru. Time to get going."


DM and Corinna:
Quote:
Koya chuckles. "Oh, I wouldn't say a habit, but it's happened a few times. Not always women, mind. Sometimes it's men. Sandru's a good man and willing to help out those in trouble through no fault of their own."

Makes you wonder just how savory Sandpoint really is. How often - really now - does a hamlet need to be snuck out of? ;)

"Here you go, thanks Malan." Melon hefts up her excess sundries. "Anything I can help with? I'm... good with lifting things?"

DM:
Did Ameiko receive her potion of divine favor?

2,001 to 2,050 of 3,213 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Navior's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.