Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Navior's Jade Regent (Inactive)

Game Master Navior


101 to 150 of 3,213 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Aago watches Shalelu take Malak away with a slight frown on his normally mirthful face. He curses himself for never bothering with the lessons in Elvish Master Kor taught in Magnimar.

When Shalelu comes back he forces a smile back on his face. "Never fear, Shalelu. I shall embody the very spirit of generosity and cooperation. Why, I expect that by the end of this mission Malak and I shall be the best of friends. And we'll discover what nefarious purpose these goblins are up to. Good luck with your own task." He bows and turns to Malak.

"So shall we see what the boy has to say?"


"Should I carry a message to someone? Maybe mistress Mvashti is around and can help?" Melon recalls the old cleric of Desna is similarly well-versed in the ways of the land as Shalelu.


Elven:
The issue is his, Elder. I have no more problem with him than I do with any other human.

When Aago calls him Malak, Malan gives Shalelu a look before turning back to Aago. "I am sure we will get along well." Malan responds.


Oops! That's what I get for posting from my phone this morning. But actually, that's pretty funny.

Aago grins and claps Malan on the back. "Absolutely! Now let's see about that boy."

He looks about and starts striding off to where the Blue Rajah and Gilfroy are gathered.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2
Navior wrote:

Corinna's uncle crosses his arms over his chest. "Yes, well, Shalelu is an expert in goblins. No one's discounting that. But that doesn't change what the goblins did. They came in, they took the dogs, they left. It may not be normal goblin behaviour, but it's the way they behaved today."

"I've always said we should have guards on the grounds," Alil, Beven's new and much younger wife, says. "They could have sounded the alarm well in advance."

"But guards can be bribed," Corinna's Aunt Verin, one of Beven's older sisters, interjects. "We tried it once before and one of them ended up spying for the Scarnetti's."

Beven holds up his hand. "That's not a discussion for right now," he says. He turns back to Corinna. "Corinna, could you please go outside and tell that elf to do her job and go hunt down these goblins, there's a good girl." Corinna gets the distinct impression he's trying to get rid of her.

Corinna flicks a resentful look at Alil ... "aunt," she corrects herself. She is actually a year or two younger than Corinna herself; she had approached her as a girl, acting friendly and flattering, until Corinna, always hungry for friends her own age, invited her back to the manor house a time or two. Once there, however, she always asked where Corinna's Uncle Beven was and managed to situate them where he would run across them. Apparently, after Corinna had gone away to the Academae, she had found a way to maintain regular visits. Shortly before her own graduation, she had received word of the upcoming wedding; it had, in fact, influenced her decision to stay in Korvosa instead of returning home. To see the opportunistic girl commanding her family house, while she herself was sent to run errands like a servant --!

But she went anyway, trudging back outside resignedly. She had little doubt that Alil ... "aunt" .. would have her guards within a fortnight, probably dressed up in livery with the family standard embroidered on it. With luck, she'd be back in Korvosa by then ... or would it be Magnimar? She rubs her brow distractedly. Looking ahead, she sees the giant man, the easiest one of the others to see, headed toward the stables. Shalelu must be there, too. She moves in the same direction, to join the others.


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

"Interesting." He places a hand on the boy's shoulder, looking at him directly. "Thank you, my young friend. You were quite brave in the face of such danger. Let us get you back to your parents and let them know you are doing much better." Smiling, he pats him on his shoulder. "I am sure they are wondering how you fare. C'mon." He lets him go on out first. "C'mon Gil. But this time, though, you're walking." He smiles. "Don't think I didn't see how fast you took off toward this place!" He gives him a, 'Yeah, I saw that', look.


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

Gilfroy smiles back.
"We gnomes are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances. We're wasted on long cross-country."


"Hey Corinna, welcome back," Melon's simple, almost unperturbed. "Doesn't look like there's anything about the place that we still need to worry about. Who is 'Lady'? You have a pet dog?"


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

Distracted by her own tumultuous thoughts, Corinna gives a little jump as the strange young woman addresses her. "Oh! I ... well, no, not really. I mean, she belonged to the family: dogs to keep watch over the grounds and kill rats and that sort of thing. She was a sweet-natured thing, though, and I had a rather ... well, a lonely childhood, I suppose; the others were so much older than I. And Uncle had the governess teach me, instead of sending me to school. I spent a great deal of time on my own, around the grounds, and Lady kept me company. I used to go out to the stables with a book; she was just a puppy then, and she'd lie down in the hay with me and I'd throw a stick for her." Tears have begun to well up again in Corinna's eyes, and she smiles self-deprecatingly as she dashes them away. "I'm sorry: it's silly, I know. She's only a dog; I ought to be grateful no one in the family was injured."


Aago pauses, a question for the gnome on his lips as he overhears Corinna's words.

"It is not silly, lass," he says, his usual booming voice now tender. "For many, a dog is part of the family. She'd likely have fought to protect you. Now it's our time to try to protect her, if we can."

Roughly clearing his throat he turns back to Gil and Rajah. "What have you learned?"


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

"The kennel boy confirmed the rumours. There was a big boom at the gate, then goblins arrived, put the dogs in nets, and left. The goblins attacked him, but once he was down, they didn't even bother finishing him off, just moved on to the dogs. Clearly, it was the dogs they were after, but not to kill. I take it leaving a human alive when killing him would have been easy is also unusual for goblins?" The last question is directed at Shalelu.

"My understanding is that goblins will go out of their way to kill dogs and horses on sight." He pats Rajah on the leg. "Don't worry friend. When we find them, I'll protect you."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

Corinna shakes her head, bewildered. "Whatever they took the dogs for ... I have to imagine it would have been kinder if they'd simply killed them. Poor Lady."


Aago pulls at his beard in frustration. "What would cause them to take dogs at all, though? It doesn't make any sense. All the stories..." he shakes his head.

"At this point it's fair to say that whatever the reason, there's no way to predict what will happen next. If we move quickly, however, perhaps we can stop them from doing whatever it is they plan."

He looks back towards town. "Dammit, and I left my backpack in the Rusty Dragon."


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

"This is indeed a puzzle, and although it may be dangerous, it's a riddle worth solving. Goblins and skeletons running amok in a swamp is rather ordinary, but this behaviour is puzzling. I must learn the answer to this riddle. I may be small, Mr. Giant, but I have tricks that can help you, and if worst comes to worst, I can pretend to be a goblin!"

Goblin:
"Oh, and I speak goblin, too, if that helps."

"Oh, and I speak goblin, too, if that helps."


Aago sizes the gnome up and smiles. "Well it may very well be useful to have someone along who can speak goblin. You're welcome in our company, friend Gilfroy. What sort of tricks do you speak of?"


"Unusual, yes," Shalelu says in response to Gilfroy's question, "though not as unusual as taking dogs alive."

She listens to you all discuss the situation and looks quite startled when Gilfroy speaks in Goblin.

"Looks like you've got a good-sized group. You'll need strength in numbers, especially if you want to hunt down a hunting party. The people here are saying there were dozens of them, which means there were probably eight to ten, but that's still a substantial number. Don't take any unnecessary risks. If they're overwhelming you with numbers, retreat and regroup. It's always better to pull back and fight another day than it is to just die. I wish you all the best of luck. I'll be back in a few days."

She turns to leave.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

"What?" Corinna asks in alarm, having already been in the house when Shalelu explained that she wouldn't be taking part in the expedition. "But Uncle ... he told me to tell you to do your j-- ... that is, he was very much hoping that you would be investigating the goblins. I mean, it was one thing when it was just goblins with fireworks -- I understand that that's de rigeur around Sandpoint -- but now that we know that they're acting strangely, shouldn't you look into it? I mean, they could be ... er ... rabid, or something," she finishes weakly.


"Shalelu!" Aago reaches out to touch Shalelu's arm and then stops. "Erm, I mean...just be careful. Dragons are far more dangerous than a handful of goblins. We'll see you when you get back." He offers a sheepish grin and waves, silently berating himself for being a fool.


Shalelu pauses and turns back to Corinna and Aago. "I'll be fine," she assures Aago. Then she addresses Corinna, "Tell your uncle I'm doing what I can. There are people looking into it. Unfortunately, a dragon sighting is potentially far worse than a few goblins. It may be nothing, but I can't risk it. You and your friends will have to do. I've told Sheriff Hemlock to afford you all the courtesies he can. I'll return as soon as I can."

She turns away again and strides out the gate, not responding to any further attempts to get her attention.


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

"Well, Aago, speaking goblin is a neat trick, isn't it? I can also perform healing like I did with the kennel boy, impart other minor blessings as well. I have sharp ears, sharp eyes, and, yes, a sharp tongue." He gives Rajah a dirty look, daring him to comment.
"Is that sufficient? Shall we leave immediately while the trail is still fresh?" Gilfroy asks. "I would like to return to retrieve my pony Umbral, as my current steed has declined any future service in that regard."

He starts heading back to Sandpoint, then stops. "Does anybody here actually know the way?"

Star Voter 2013

"It's actually a fairly easy trip," Sheriff Hemlock says, coming forward. "Just follow the Lost Coast Road south a few miles, and it'll go right past the swamp. Once you're there, you should seek out Walthus Proudstump. Calls himself the "Warden of the Swamp". He's a bit eccentric, but he knows that swamp like that back of his hand. He can guide you through it. There's a fishing trail that runs from the Lost Coast Road straight to his hut. You can't miss it."


"Your skills are sure to be of use to us, Gilfroy. Is your pony back at the Rusty Dragon? Then I can grab my pack as well. It sounds like we'll have no problem getting where we need to go but I would like to get started as soon as possible."

He turns to Corinna and the Rajah. "Anyone else want to come? Shalelu's right, of course. The more we have, the better our chance of success. If we all work together then we can see to each other's well being."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

Corinna is left staring after Shalelu's retreating back, wordlessly. She glances up at the house, trying to imagine her uncle's reaction were she to tell him that the goblins who attacked Valdemar Manor were going to be tracked by a Shoanti half-giant, a gnome with a paintbrush, and a strange elf, among others. Well, the elf might not be so bad.

"Wait," she remembers before everyone starts off. "The Scarnettis. Sir Jasper said the goblins attacked them, too. Have you been there, Sheriff? Did the goblins do the same thing there?"


"It matters not. Our duty is the same. Go retrieve your pack and your horse. We will wait for you at the trail. Pleas hurry. Corinna, will you be joining us?" He waits for her response and leaves no matter what it is.


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

Unable to resist, "Sir Gilfroy speaks true. His tongue is quite sharp. As sharp as his wit as a matter of fact. And both, I've heard, nearly as sharp as Umbral's." He pats him on the shoulder, smiling triumphantly.

As Corinna mentions the Scarnetti's, Rajah waits to hear what has happened to them, completely disregarding the elf's handwaving of the situation. "Yes, Sheriff. Did the Scarnetti's suffer any wounded?"


"Those of the faiths are tending to the minds and bodies of everybody involved," Melon updates. "I wager we'll have everybody up and buzzing again by the time we're back this evening. Uhm... or how long do you suppose it'll take? The marsh is only a few miles big."


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

Unable to come up with a suitable comeback to Rajah's last barb, he contents himself with trodding on the cleric's foot as he passes, a gesture the cleric probably doesn't even feel. He does his best to keep up with Aago, running if needs be. He can keep a good pace going, despite how frail he looks.

"You know, friend giant," he says along the way, barely breathing heavily, "If you wish to have any hope whatsoever in attracting Shalelu's attentions, you'll have to keep in mind that she's a very competent warrior who assisted the Sandpoint Heroes not only against the goblins of Thistletop, but also the ogres of Hook Mountain. If you keep rushing after her to protect her from goblins or stunned toes, she's going to despise you. She doesn't really need your big hairy protection, and would probably resent you for offering."

Once back in town, Gil quickly gets Umbral saddled and ready, his heavier belongings stowed where they belong.

Star Voter 2013

Corinna Valdemar wrote:

Corinna is left staring after Shalelu's retreating back, wordlessly. She glances up at the house, trying to imagine her uncle's reaction were she to tell him that the goblins who attacked Valdemar Manor were going to be tracked by a Shoanti half-giant, a gnome with a paintbrush, and a strange elf, among others. Well, the elf might not be so bad.

"Wait," she remembers before everyone starts off. "The Scarnettis. Sir Jasper said the goblins attacked them, too. Have you been there, Sheriff? Did the goblins do the same thing there?"

Sheriff Hemlock nods. "Exactly the same thing at the Scarnetti's," he says. "They came in, took the dogs, and left before anyone could do anything. They timed it really well too, so that both hits occurred almost simultaneously. They clearly didn't want one home hearing the explosion at the other and having time to prepare."

In response to Rajah's question, he shakes his head. "No, no injuries at the Scarnetti's. The goblins really seemed to do their best to avoid fights with anyone."


Aago is already on his way back to the inn when the elf began his orders and shows no sign of noticing hearing Malan's words.

As the gnome huffs and puffs beside him and offers his advice, Aago glances over at him with mingled surprise and irritation in his eyes. Then he shrugs and laughs. "You mistake me, Gilfroy Fezziwig. I have no desire to protect her. Her skills and competence are every bit as attractive to me as the color of her hair and the way her eyes take in the room. I seek merely to gain her approval for my own accomplishments."

He stares down at hands which have clenched into fists and forces them to relax. "But I appreciate your words. If it seems to you that I am trying to protect her, then it's possible she sees it that way as well and that would be most unfortunate. I, like my father before me, seek a woman who can stand beside me as my equal, not behind me under my protection. I don't expect it to be easy, but I will demonstrate my worth."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2
Malan wrote:
"It matters not. Our duty is the same. Go retrieve your pack and your horse. We will wait for you at the trail. Pleas hurry. Corinna, will you be joining us?" He waits for her response and leaves no matter what it is.

"Er... um...," she stares back at the elf blankly. "Joining you? I really don't know what use I would possibly be. I don't know a thing about goblins or swamps. I mean, if you wanted someone to translate an inscription from Ancient Osiriani," she laughs nervously, "I'm your girl." Malan's utter failure to look amused quickly wipes the smile from her face. "Perhaps I should run back up to the house and let them know you've been left in charge?"


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

"Good to hear. Thank you Sheriff." Turning his attention to Corinna, he decides again to interrupt as she seems to be having a difficult time speaking to the emotionless elf. "Whoops. It looks like I've interrupted your conversation again, love." He smiles as he momentarily breaks his train of thought and turns his attention to the emotionless elf. "I've noticed that you are quite the bright light on a dark day, aren't you my good elf? It's good you're on our side." His smiles and nods, his complimentary tone hiding his sarcasm. At least he hopes. Quickly returning his attention back to Corinna, "Well, seeing how I've done it again, I might as well properly introduce myself. I'm the Blue Rajah. A pleasure." He bows his head and smiles. "Was it Corinna...Valdemar I would guess? Please, correct me if I'm wrong."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

"Er, no ... I mean, yes ... I mean, no, you're not wrong, and yes, my name is Corinna Valdemar," she replies a bit confusedly to the polite young man. He seems to be much better at expressing himself than she is; her eyes light up. "I don't suppose," she asks hopefully, "you'd care to walk back up to the house with me and explain what's happening to my uncle? They don't always seem to listen to me much."


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

His interest piqued, "Your uncle? Hm." He then remembers her request. "And yes. I would be more than willing to escort you back to your home, love. Now please, what events surround your uncle that has you wondering what is wrong? Hopefully, I can help." He walks alongside her, his hands clasped behind his back, as he listens.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

"Oh, no, there's nothing wrong with my uncle," she explains as they approach the house. "It's just that he's used to having people do what he says. And, well, he sent me out to tell ... well, to ask Shalelu to investigate the goblins. I don't think he'll be at all happy to hear that she's gone off in the other direction. If you could just explain that she's left her -- well, her apprentice? I assume that's who the other elf is -- that she's left him in charge. That might appease him. It's just, he's known me since I was born, and he's never really seemed to listen to what I have to say. I just don't think I'd get any farther than 'Shalelu's not going' before he stormed off to see how I'd managed to make a muddle of the whole thing this time. You're a stranger; he ought to listen to you long enough to explain it." She opens the door to the house and ushers the young man in. "They're all right in there," she points into the entrance hall and lets him precede her.


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

A serious expression upon his face, "Hm. He sounds like a difficult person." A wry smile then forms, "Those are my favorite kind, you know." He winks. "Let us see what we can accomplish with this uncle of yours. I conclude that he will either listen to us and see reason, or, he chases me out with some form of farm implement. Either way, it should be good for a laugh. At least at some point in our lives." He shrugs, smiling even larger.

"Right in there you say. Very good. One moment." He says holding a finger up. Offering up a quick prayer to Sarenrae, "Alright, off we go."

Casting Enhanced Diplomacy

As they move into the room where Corinna mentioned, Rajah speaks up, possibly interrupting any conversations going on. "Good day to you all." He bows his head in greeting. "Forgive me for interrupting. I promise I normally am not so rude but here lately I've seem to have made it a habit." He smiles, hoping to get a like response. Receiving none, he quickly continues. "I'm the Blue Rajah. A pleasure. I am here to speak to Corinna's uncle about the steps being taken due to the goblin situation." Turning to the oldest gentleman, who he assumes is her uncle, "Sir, I know you are worried about these goblin attacks, understandably so, and you have requested Shalelu be in charge of the mission of taking care of them. Unfortunately, she has been called away due to a dragon sighting." He holds his hands up as he is about to object. "Now, I've heard this is not agreeable to you, but let me assure you, she has left her youthful ward in charge of the situation. He is an elf just as she and quite capable, I assure you. There are several who are going with him as well. An ogre of man named Aago. That is one's bad side I wouldn't want to be on. My good friend Gilfroy Fezziwig. Maybe you've heard of him, if not, he is a gnome of many talents. Healing being one of them. And another woman who goes by the title of Melon. She strikes me as a strong one and tends to be quite, um, well...colorful." Was all he can come up with, as he doesn't really know enough about her to describe her accurately. "They have asked Corinna her interest in traveling with them, and as far as I know, she seems...reluctant?" He turns to her with a questioning look. Returning to her uncle, "Regardless, whether Corinna decides to go or not, those I've mentioned are four quite capable of ending this threat for you. If Corinna were to travel with them, then you can easily make it five." He smiles as he continues looking directly at the man.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Malan, not amused by BR's flippancy or Corinna's indecision, leaves for the trail to the hermit's house. He waits for the party's arrival at the point where the trail meets the road.


Melon bows perfunctorily. "Don't worry about Corinna, she'll represent Valdemar's interests in this punitive expedition against the goblins."

Diplomacy, aid the rambling Rajah 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Star Voter 2013

The Valdemars gape momentarily as the Blue Rajah gives his little speech. The older gentleman that he is addressing looks utterly flabbergasted. "Well...I..." he stutters.

Another man comes forward. He's younger, mid- to late-thirties maybe, in excellent physical shape, and powerfully built. "I think you meant to be addressing me," he says. "I'm Beven Valdemar. So you're telling me that Shalelu has wandered off again. She does that a lot for someone who is supposedly Sandpoints protector--self-appointed, I might add. Well then, tell her apprentice and this group going along to get themselves moving."

Somewhere amidst the exchange, Melon has apparently slipped into the house and up to the others. After she speaks, Beven turns to her. "Who the hell are you to speak for Valdemar interests, or what Corinna might or might not represent?" He doesn't wait for an answer, but calls back to the door where Corinna is still huddled. "Corinna, take your friends out of here before I call the sheriff on them!"


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

"They're not my fr-- ... I mean, we only just met," Corinna protests weakly, as she holds the main door open and gestures to the others to hurry out. She tries to catch her mother's eye and offer up an apologetic half-smile before the door closes behind them. "Well," she sighs ruefully, "at least they let you finish. You got farther than I would have."

Star Voter 2013

Corinna's mother returns her daughter's smile as the door closes.

Outside, the others have already departed. Aago and Gilfroy have a significant head start for the inn. They will reach there well before Corrina, Melon, and the Blue Rajah can catch up to them. Malan is already turning south on the Lost Coast Road (although no one else is really aware of this).

As Aago and Gilfroy reach the Rusty Dragon, they see that the crowd that was gathering out front has grown and spilled into the inn. They've barely arrived before people begin besieging them with questions about what has happened at the Valdemars' and Scarnettis'.


Aago holds up his hands and bellows for peace. When the crowd quiets down, he says, "There's nothing to be concerned about. No one was gravely injured and the goblins have left town already. I and some worthy companions will be striking out in pursuit of the goblins. We'll find them, work out what's caused all this, and see that it doesn't happen again."

He shoulders past the crowd into the inn and gathers up his backpack, making a quick check to ensure his belongings are all where they should be.


Corinna's somewhat dejected face draws Melon's attention. "Are you worried about your family? In spite of what I said, you don't have to come with us. You can just stay overnight at Ameiko's or some place. Though..." Melon grins, "I think you might find that there's a whole new life waiting for you, if you let go of the little world around you. ...well, that's what happened to me at least." Melon's apparently oblivious to the notion that someone might not want to be like her.


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

Gilfroy gives Aago an amused look, fetches Umbral and, seated high above the crowd on a natural stage, proceeds to regale the crowd with a vivid description of events. He makes the kennel boy out to be a bit of a hero in the whole affair, and describes how this new band of heroes will be pursuing the goblins into the marsh to recover the captured animals and avenge the attack upon Sandpoint's citizenry.

Perform (Oral, untrained): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

By the time he's finished, Aago should have shouldered his meaty way back out of the inn.


By the time Gilfroy's finished, Aggo should be waiting impatiently for the others to arrive.

Aago listens to Gilfroy's performance with an amused smile and even applauds him when he's done.

"Where are the others? We need to get moving." He whispers to the gnome afterwards.


Melon waves. "Did you wait long? Corinna's folks... they... ah, bygones." She starts heading out of town, "Come! Or do you want that elf to get all the glory?"


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

"Your friend Malan said he'd wait for us at the trail. Perhaps that means back at the estates. We should head back. Worst case scenario we run into them on the road."

Star Voter 2013

Gilfroy manages to keep the crowd suitably entertained while Aago gathers his belongings. Once they are done and about ready to leave, they see the Blue Rajah and Melon returning with Corinna in tow.

Any additional items are gathered up and you begin heading out of town, hoping to catch up to Malan who has quite the head start.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2
Melon Sash wrote:

Corinna's somewhat dejected face draws Melon's attention. "Are you worried about your family? In spite of what I said, you don't have to come with us. You can just stay overnight at Ameiko's or some place. Though..." Melon grins, "I think you might find that there's a whole new life waiting for you, if you let go of the little world around you. ...well, that's what happened to me at least." Melon's apparently oblivious to the notion that someone might not want to be like her.

"I have a life," Corinna responds, somewhat defensively. "Just not here." She waves her hand to indicate the Valdermar estate and, by extension, all of Sandpoint. "I'm only home to visit, to see my mother. I wouldn't come back at all, if not for her." She sighs. "But she's what I might have been ... if not for that night I was talking about back at the inn. I got out; she's still stuck here, taking orders from Uncle and Ali-- ... Aunt."


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15
Melon Sash wrote:
Melon bows perfunctorily. "Don't worry about Corinna, she'll represent Valdemar's interests in this punitive expedition against the goblins.

Rajah jumps as he didn't realize Melon was behind him. He looks around, wondering how in the world she just "popped" in. I guess I was too wrapped up in what I was saying to notice. Yes, that's probably it.

Corinna Valdemar wrote:
"Well," she sighs ruefully, "at least they let you finish. You got farther than I would have."

"The key to one such as your uncle, is to not give him a chance to get a word in edgewise. I did not do as well as I should have, forgive me. On the plus side, there was no farm implement aimed for my head." He surmises, smiling.

Corinna Valdemar wrote:
Melon Sash wrote:

Corinna's somewhat dejected face draws Melon's attention. "Are you worried about your family? In spite of what I said, you don't have to come with us. You can just stay overnight at Ameiko's or some place. Though..." Melon grins, "I think you might find that there's a whole new life waiting for you, if you let go of the little world around you. ...well, that's what happened to me at least." Melon's apparently oblivious to the notion that someone might not want to be like her.

"I have a life," Corinna responds, somewhat defensively. "Just not here." She waves her hand to indicate the Valdermar estate and, by extension, all of Sandpoint. "I'm only home to visit, to see my mother. I wouldn't come back at all, if not for her." She sighs. "But she's what I might have been ... if not for that night I was talking about back at the inn. I got out; she's still stuck here, taking orders from Uncle and Ali-- ... Aunt."

"If you don't mind me asking, Corinna, what is it that seems to be troubling you?"


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2
"The Blue Rajah" wrote:


"If you don't mind me asking, Corinna, what is it that seems to be troubling you?"

"Oh ... Sandpoint," she says with a smile and a roll of her eyes. "I grew up here, you know, and whenever the Academae starts to wear on me, it always sounds refreshing to get away somewhere quiet and comfortable. Then I haven't been here a day before I'm ready to go back to Korvosa -- or anywhere but here. Just ... family, you know." She seems to be choosing her words carefully, not wanting to air the Valdemar laundry in public.

101 to 150 of 3,213 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Navior's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.