Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Navior's Jade Regent (Inactive)

Game Master Navior


851 to 900 of 3,213 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

As Malan stands and readies his bow, "Good to see you up again. Do you fare well enough or do you require more healing?" He asks.

Delay


While Rajah waits, Gilfroy moves aside and casts a spell. Water splashes down on top of Malan, washing away the alcohol on the elf.

In the house, Gutwad stabs at Walthus again.

Gutwad spear at Walthus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 -- miss

As he stabs, he calls back at the fleeing elf, and distracts himself enough to miss his attack terribly.

Goblin:
"Get back here, you coward!"

Next Up: Reta, Chiggo, Corinna (subject to readied action), Malan, Aago, Melon, Walthus, Blue Rajah (subject to delayed aciton), Gilfroy, Gutwad.


Female Goblin Fighter(TWF) 8
stats:
AC 22; Int. +5; Perception +16; Hp's 78/79; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +6

Goblin:

"RETA NOT STOOPIDS! RETA NOT FIGHT GIANT AND LONGSHANKS!"

The goblin yells back as she takes off out the back door.

Double move as far as she can. I can't see it but I'm guessing she knows where to escape to.


If the fallen chair provides enough cover to prevent AoOs, Chiggo will simply withdraw after Reta, leaving the Chief to show his own bravery by himself. If the chair doesn't give him cover, he attempts some Acrobatics.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

"Um, Melon has just crawled off by herself under the hut," Corinna calls to the others. "Is that a good idea?" Deciding that if any goblins do come running out they won't make it past the crowd at the front door, she abandons her perch and starts to move around to see what trouble Melon is finding. Is the door at W-X 68 open or closed? If it's closed, she'll move to the door and open it. If it's open, she'll make a single move action to Y 68; if she has a clear target from there, she'll Acid Dart it (ranged touch 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 damage 1d6 ⇒ 1); if not, she'll continue to move to AA 68.


Reta Bigbad wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

The goblin yells back as she takes off out the back door.

Double move as far as she can. I can't see it but I'm guessing she knows where to escape to.

Reta hurries out the door and down the ladder. Reaching the bottom, she sees one of the humans (the red-haired woman) crouching under the house.

She's used 10 ft of movement so far. If she continues she will attract an attack of opportunity from Melon (although since Melon is squeezing, Melon will have -4 to the roll). Alternatively, she could stop here and take a different action, such as attack. Let me know.


Female Goblin Fighter(TWF) 8
stats:
AC 22; Int. +5; Perception +16; Hp's 78/79; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +6

Will take the attack of opportunity. Would the ladder help at all as some type of cover?


Reta Bigbad wrote:
Will take the attack of opportunity. Would the ladder help at all as some type of cover?

Afraid not. It's too small and rickety.

If Melon's attack doesn't take her down, she'll reach AB 61.

Next Up: Attack of Opportunity from Melon, Chiggo, Corinna, Malan, Aago, Melon, Walthus, Blue Rajah (subject to delayed action), Gilfroy, Gutwad, Reta.


Female Goblin Fighter(TWF) 8
stats:
AC 22; Int. +5; Perception +16; Hp's 78/79; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +6

Will give Acrobatics a shot. Thanks Joana.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Reta Bigbad wrote:

Will give Acrobatics a shot. Thanks Joana.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3

Alas, not good enough. Melon still gets her AoO.


Seeing the goblin suddenly appear before her, Melon instinctively punches out to take down the little monster.

Attack of Opportunity 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 15 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Can Melon attempt an escape artist check to reduce the penalty? If so:

Escape artist 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Melon Sash wrote:

Can Melon attempt an escape artist check to reduce the penalty? If so:

Escape artist 1d20 + 2

I'm afraid not.

Melon almost gets the goblin as she darts off the ladder and away from the house. Melon sees her run under the next walkway and set of huts. The goblin, being much smaller than Melon can move more freely in the confined space and will be difficult to catch up to.

ROUND 5

Active Effects:
Mage armour (Corinna)
Bless (whole party) -- +1 morale bonus to hit and Will saves vs fear
Crane Style (Melon)
Snake Style (Melon)
Snapping Turtle Style (Aago)

Chiggo Firelungs wrote:
If the fallen chair provides enough cover to prevent AoOs, Chiggo will simply withdraw after Reta, leaving the Chief to show his own bravery by himself. If the chair doesn't give him cover, he attempts some Acrobatics.

The chair provides no cover, merely makes for difficult terrain.

The drunken goblin tries to make a break for it, but clumsily falters over the chair, opening himself up to attack. Walthus strikes and so does the goblin chief, yelling as he does so.

Goblin:
"Coward! Traitor!"

Walthus handaxe AoO on Chiggo, favoured enemy: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 17 -- hit
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Gutwad spear at Chiggo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 -- miss

Walthus's axe slams into the side of the goblin's head, sending him careening to the floor.

Corinna Valdemar wrote:
Is the door at W-X 68 open or closed? If it's closed, she'll move to the door and open it. If it's open, she'll make a single move action to Y 68; if she has a clear target from there, she'll Acid Dart it (ranged touch 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 damage 1d6 ⇒ 1); if not, she'll continue to move to AA 68.

The door at W-X 68 is open. It's one of the doors the party looked through whilst heading to the Moot House.

Corinna hurries through the hut west of the party and out the other side. Unfortunately, the escaping goblin has already scurried past. By the time Corinna reaches the end of the walkway, she can no longer see the goblin.

Next Up: Malan, Aago, Melon, Walthus, Blue Rajah (subject to delayed action), Gilfroy, Gutwad, Reta, Corinna.

Map Updated


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

I assume that's the continuation of the palisade wall out back there, so Corinna can only see that far?


Corinna Valdemar wrote:
I assume that's the continuation of the palisade wall out back there, so Corinna can only see that far?

Correct. There is a door right beside her leading into the hut she is now beside. She knows that Reta went under the hut.


Malan steps up behind Aago and fires at the goblin chief
Shortbow: bless, fire into melee
to hit 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 18 damage 1d6 ⇒ 6


Round 5: AC 15, FF 12, T 14, HP 8/10
Active-Effect: Snapping Turtle Style

Aago moves awkwardly forward over the chair and strikes at the remaining goblin with a right punch.

Move to Y72. If he can't occupy that space, he'll use acrobatics in an effort to avoid an AoO and continue to Y71. I'm aware that the movement is through difficult terrain.

Attack Chief with Bless bonus: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Malan steps up to the door and fires an arrow over Aago's shoulder. The arrow grazes the goblin chief's armour, but doesn't penetrate.

Aago then moves up over the fallen teeter chair and punches the goblin chief in the jaw. The chief hisses and spits out a few broken teeth.

Next Up: Melon, Walthus, Blue Rajah (subject to delayed action), Gilfroy, Gutwad, Reta, Chiggo, Corinna, Malan, Aago.

Map Updated


Round 5
AC 18; HP 10/10

Assuming there's enough movement:

Melon scurries out from underneath the building and only just prevents herself from spitting in anger at the little critter getting away. She hears the fighting from the room and rushes up the way the goblin had come to find herself next to the goblin chief (at least he had sat on top of the rickety chair earlier). She's almost as startled as he - but she thrusts an open palm into the side of his neck; with a bit of luck it would be enough to keep him quiet for a bit.

Attack, defensively, stunning fist DC 12 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 21 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Gutwad Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 -- fail

Melon re-enters the chief's house through the back door and strikes at the chief. Her palm slams into his neck and he stands there blinking, and not moving, his mouth hanging open in shock. The chief is beginning to look quite injured; he's now sporting several cuts and bruises.

Walthus handaxe at Gutwad, favoured enemy: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 9 -- miss

Walthus tries to take advantage of the momentary distraction, but the chair gets in the way and he fails to hit the stunned chief.

Next Up: Blue Rajah,, Gilfroy, Gutwad (stunned), Reta, Chiggo, Corinna, Malan, Aago, Melon, Walthus.

Map Updated


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

Caught by surprise as he notices Corinna has moved from her previous location, Rajah keeps an eye out for her, just in case.

And seeing how Malan never responded to his question, he just chalks it up as par for the course for the stoic elf. If he was bleeding to death and could still walk, he would think it no more than a mere flesh wound.

Delay


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

Gilfroy casts guidance on Malan.


I don't know if it is relevant: if Gutwad had anything in his hands, he dropped the thing(s) when he got stunned.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

I'm assuming Gutwad is going to continue to be stunned, Reta is going to continue her getaway (if she's smart), and Chiggo is going to either stabilize or not, so that's back to Corinna.

"One of them got away," Corinna calls back to the group on the other walkway, pointing after Reta. She glances at the closed door right beside her. What if there's a ladder to another doorway underneath the hut? What if the goblin has climbed up and is right behind that door ready to jump out and attack her? She quickly backs away, closer to the others, keeping her fingers ready to flick acid at anything that comes out the door. Move to W 68; Ready an Acid Dart (ranged touch) 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11 damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

AC 16, HP 7/7; mage armor active


Chiggo stabilize check: 1d20 - 1 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 1 - 3 = 13


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Goblin Fighter(TWF) 8
stats:
AC 22; Int. +5; Perception +16; Hp's 78/79; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +6

As Reta continues to make her escape, she can't help but think to herself...

Goblin:

Reta not stoopids. Reta know when time to run. Chiggo stoopids for not burning hut like Reta telled him. Stoopid Chiggo. No saving Chiggo from getting dead this time. Nope. Not this time. Stoopid Chiggo. She pauses momentarily from her thoughts. Maybe Reta still see if Chiggo alive after giant and longshanks leave.


Melon Sash wrote:
I don't know if it is relevant: if Gutwad had anything in his hands, he dropped the thing(s) when he got stunned.

Yes, he had his spear, which he has now dropped.

Rajah continues to wait and Gilfroy casts a spell on Malan. Meanwhile, the goblin chief continues to stare open-mouthed at Melon.

I'm going to assume Reta continues to flee (Javell, feel free to contradict me on this if you wish).

ROUND 6

Active Effects:
Mage armour (Corinna)
Bless (whole party) -- +1 morale bonus to hit and Will saves vs fear
Crane Style (Melon)
Snake Style (Melon)
Snapping Turtle Style (Aago)
Guidance (Malan)
Stun (Gutwad) -- will end just before Melon's turn

Corinna backs away from her current postion, back into the small hut at the north end of the walkway.

Next Up: Malan, Aago, Melon, Walthus, Blue Rajah (subject to delayed action), Gilfroy, Gutwad, Corinna (subject to readied action).

Map Updated


Malan moves to Z73 while casting shocking grasp. He doesn't use it unless the chieftan stays beligerent.


Assuming that the chief is still alive...

Aago, seeing no point to prolonging the fight, reaches for the goblin chief, grips his head under the chin and wrenches it to the right in an effort to snap the goblin's neck.

Coup de Grace: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 = 17
Fortitude save DC 27.

Edit -- Come to think of it, I'm not sure a stunned creature is actually helpless. If that's not the case, here's an attack roll and regular damage.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Malan takes advantage of the chief's confusion and slips into the corner of the room, a spell at the ready.

Aago Belwas wrote:

Assuming that the chief is still alive...

Aago, seeing no point to prolonging the fight, reaches for the goblin chief, grips his head under the chin and wrenches it to the right in an effort to snap the goblin's neck.

Coup de Grace: 2d6 + 6
Fortitude save DC 27.

Stunned is not a helpless condition, so you can't perform a coup de grace (Stunning Fist would be ridiculously powerful otherwise). To be helpless, a character must be unconscious, paralysed, or otherwise held immobile and unable to defend himself. You can make a standard attack if you choose (stun does give AC penalties), or you can do something else.


Navior: Take a look at my edit.


Aago Belwas wrote:
Navior: Take a look at my edit.

Aha! :)

Aago strikes out, twisting the stunned goblin's neck, but not quite snapping it as he'd hoped. And while it clearly injures the chief badly, it also seems to snap him out of his stunned state.

Next Up: Melon, Walthus, Blue Rajah (subject to delayed action), Gutwad, Corinna (subject to readied action), Malan, Aago.

Map Updated


Round 6
AC 15; HP 10/10

Melon tries to crush the skull of the chieftain by forcefully smashing down on it with both hands combined into fists that descend like a hammer. Unfortunately the skull proves far too thick and she's left only grimacing in pain as her hands are ineffectual.

Attack 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 11 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Walthus handaxe at Gutwad, favoured enemy: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18 -- miss

As Melon fails to do any damage to the chief, Walthus swings with his axe, but the blow is deflected by the chief's armour. A wide grin starts to spread on the goblin's face.

Next Up: Blue Rajah, Gilfroy, Gutwad, Corinna (subject to readied action), Malan, Aago, Melon, Walthus.


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

Rajah moves to observe the battle. Seeing there is only one of them left standing, "Are we to keep this one alive for questioning?" He simply asks.

Move to W 72. Ask a question.


"I vote for 'no', we've got our hands full already with the stinky old biddy."


Rajah moves up to the door.

Next Up: Gilfroy, Gutwad, Corinna (subject to readied action), Malan, Aago, Melon, Walthus, Blue Rajah.

Map Updated


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:

Gil steps into the room and taps Aago on the butt with a guidance spell (although given Aago's height, it's probably more like his thigh).


The goblin chief's grin widens some more. He raises his arms into the air in surrender and speaks.

Goblin:
"Hate stupid humans so I pretend to surrender. Then I stab you in back when you not looking."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

Corinna continues to wait for something threatening to appear.


Malan smiles, "We accept", and touches the chief.
Shocking Grasp 1d6 ⇒ 6


Round 7: AC 15, FF 12, T 14, HP 8/10
Active-Effect: Snapping Turtle Style

Aago isn't sure for a second what it was Malan was accepting but he's pretty sure Malan's spell wasn't a nice one, so he twists to the side and kicks out at the chief.

Unarmed Attack with Guidance and Bless: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Confirm Critical with Bless: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20
Critical Damage if confirmed: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Nice critical from Aago! Unfortunately, it's not needed.

Malan reaches out and touches the goblin chief's raised arm. The goblin's already-wide eyes grow wider and his body starts to twitch as little sparks leap about his body. There's a slight burning smell and the goblin topples over.

COMBAT OVER


Navior wrote:
Nice critical from Aago! Unfortunately, it's not needed.

Dammit! That's the second natural 20 I rolled in this battle that was completely useless.


AC 11/11/11; Max HP 20; Current HP 12 Effects:
Aago Belwas wrote:
Navior wrote:
Nice critical from Aago! Unfortunately, it's not needed.
Dammit! That's the second natural 20 I rolled in this battle that was completely useless.

Awww. You should let it stand. Aago hits the goblin chief as he falls, punching right through him like super-Fred against the wizard guy at the end of Angel...


"He was trying to trick us into thinking he was surrendering." Malan explains to the others.


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

Rajah steps in, observing all the damage. Looking up at the others when he's done, "Well, where to next?"


Aago cracks his knuckles. "There were two other goblins in here; a wench with some sort of wig, I think, and a male. They seem to have escaped."

He looks closely at Malan. "Are you well?"


Only Reta escaped. Malan's just standing over top of Chiggo, so the token is covered on the map. :)

"We should probably check the remaining huts in the village," Walthus says. "See if there are any more goblins still about."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

Someone should search the dead chief and the Moot House. If Old Foofelah was to be believed, he had a map that led to the treasure and undead. Of course, I make no promises as to the reliability of her information.


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15
Navior wrote:
"We should probably check the remaining huts in the village," Walthus says. "See if there are any more goblins still about."

"Very good. Oh, and all of you who are injured, let us step outside and I will do what I can to help heal some of those wounds." He moves outside where there is more space.

Channel energy, (2/7 used), on all who are hurt. 1d6 ⇒ 1

I'm guessing Malan was out there.

Seeing how Malan's wounds seem to barely disappear, "Well, that didn't help much did it? Let's try that again."

Channel energy, (3/7 used) 1d6 ⇒ 6

Noticing, this time, his wounds seem to completely vanish. "There! That is more like it. Thank The Dawnflower." He smiles appreciatively.

851 to 900 of 3,213 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Navior's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.