Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Navarene Awaits

Game Master Jalopy

Adventures in Navarene and beyond


901 to 950 of 1,133 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Female

Plant Monster Bark Bark

Round 3

Nalo turns slightly to toss the belt to... people she can't see. "Can't people at least mention when they are retreating?" She says, frustration evident in her voice. She slaps the belt over her right shoulder, not wanting to lay it on the ground, grabs her bow, and draws an arrow. With the odd weight on her shoulder, the arrow flies off kilter and lands firmly in one of the topiary people behind it.

Panamax:

Kilo would need your healing most, but if you get within melee range of the plant, be prepared to do a Might task to hold your breath while you do whatever else you're doing.

Panamax seems, to the melee combatants, to have appeared from thin air after disappearing moments before. Mathias moves himself closer to Miyuki to keep her hidden behind his illusion while she, hopefully, heals from eating too many cookies.

Kilo:

As I mentioned in Discord, apologies for the misinformation before. I double and triple checked the books, it looks like you can use Effort on any action you want, since it's draining pools (unless you have Edge that decreases it). The level of Effort merely applies to how much you decrease the difficulty, so for level 1, it's reducing it by 1 level. Etc. Thanks for your continuing patience :)

The thick hide of the plant creature seems to be providing more protection than Kilo's beastskin armor. The knives aren't striking very deeply.

Kilo steps in to the plant monster's reach once more, scoring deep strikes with both attacks. Another high keening noise, and something thick and dark green spills out from where the blades sunk into the hide of the creature. It curls its vines inward, stepping backwards in an apparent retreat from the fighters.

"Yes!" Zoa cheers Kilo after his attack, moving forward to try again with her daggers.

GM:

Jasmeris - 3/20 HP

Breath Holding, Zoa, Dif2: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 19

The beast hisses as Zoa darts in towards it, her blades seeking to further the damage done by Kilo. Her aim is true; the gashes open, spilling out more of the thick green lifeblood of the creature.

It slumps over, flowers closing abruptly as the life leaves the creature's eyes.

Mathias and Miyuki appear just as abruptly as they disappeared as the auburn haired man lowers his hands. The woman is slightly less plant-like than she was before disappearing - the patch Panamax applied on her neck seems to be doing its job.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inquisitive Jack who Rides the Lightning

Nalo lets out a happy half laugh half sigh. Leans back on her heels a bit, and then epps when she almost touches the suddenly there Panamax.

With a steadying breath, "The two of you did fantastic once I got out of the way." She hisses through her teeth at the red blood she sees mingling with the jasmeris's green blood on the floor, "How bad are you both?" Looking over Zoe and Kilo with concern though no actual training.


Female

Wagon Party

Anson wrote:
Anson, still holding onto the wagon, says, "Oh, so you thought you'd just bring a void-in-a-box on a little trip?" He turns his attention on the rest of the people inside. "All right. Who touched it and how did you touch it? Either we do the same thing again, or we do it in reverse. Maybe that will work."

Hayden Targ, owner of said void in a box, looks even worse after the chastising. "It wasn't for anyone here," he says again, stubborn.

"I think," Jarris says softly, "one of the children bumped into it. Knocked the lid off." He seems unwilling to point his finger at a kid, who all look very frightened.

"There was supposed to be a code in the box to disable it, but..." Hayden shrugs. "It wasn't meant to be disabled by... who I was gonna give it to."

Ceri, clinging to the wagon, peeks into the interior at the people huddling inside. "So you have to reach into that void stuff to disable it?" She asks, sounding skeptical.

"Think so." He mutters.

She turns to face Anson. "Wanna make him do it? Or are you feeling up to sticking your hand where it doesn't belong?" She pauses. "I can also take a crack at it, if you want."


An Empathic Jack who Crafts Illusions

First Night Caravan

"Qi's dirigibles are a wonder," he agrees, a fond look coming over his face. "One of the things I miss most about the city."

At Nalo and Panamax's question about studies other than Qen, Mathias looks a little surprised. "Slaves weren't allowed to study anything officially," he starts, then he grins, "I did sneak into libraries as often as possible. Picked up a few things here and there about history, some fascinating things about numenera theories, a few books on government I was significantly less interested in. I tend to find people more interesting than history."


A Naive Glaive who Wonders

Second Night Caravan

Nalo/Camp

When Nalo shrugs and offers nothing else, Miyuki sits for a few more moments with a smile on her face. Then, "Okay, another time!", and stands to move on to chat with someone else.

Anson/Camp

Anson wrote:
"Aren't you just a ray of sunshine?" Anson asks wryly. He doesn't bother answering any of her other questions.

"What's there to be glum about? We get to see..." she looks upwards at the nearly starless night, "clouds. We're camping, we're probably all healthy, and we're traveling!"

"Have you been to Kordech before?" She asks as though he didn't ignore her other questions.

Kilo/Tavene/Camp

Kilo wrote:
"Something...happened..." Kilo repeats. Then merely waits.

She chews on her lip. "I'm not sure what it was. My village was full of very capable people; many of us trained in fighting, to protect ourselves from outside threats." The way she says 'outside threats' indicates she's maybe now seeing that for what it was. "But I woke up one morning, before dawn, for training, and..."

She hesitates, and tears pop into her eyes. "Everyone was dead. In their beds, their kitchens, outside attending to early morning chores. I don't know what it was, because there weren't any wounds. No battles, no... protecting themselves." She hiccups. "I guess the outside threat was real, but it wasn't animals or people."


An Obsessive Nano who Fuses Mind With Machine

Nalo:

"Ho o maaa na ona o" she tries the word out, and smiles. "That's a pretty language. Kinda like a song."

Nalo wrote:
"Bastard is almost fitting for the one you spoke of, but it wasn't quite right. You'd have overcome a simple bastard no problem."

"You're not wrong," she says with a laugh. "I've done it a few times now. I'm sure you've zapped a fair few of your own. But yes. There aren't many good words in Truth for my... keeper. Monster comes close."

She gives Nalo a long look. "Maybe when we reach a proper inn with proper drinks, I'll tell you the full story. If you're interested, I mean. And then we can discuss much more important things, like discovering relics of the past, and men with nice hands."

Anson:

Anson wrote:
Anson releases her hand. "I'm not that easy," he says with a grin.

"Oh good. The best things in life take a little bit of effort and work to achieve." She tugs her sleeves back down. "And I've never shied away from a challenge."

She hesitates for a moment, then leans forward to brush her lips against his cheek before standing. She smells faintly of something floral. "A bedtime story for you, then. Sleep well."

Panamax:

Panamax wrote:

"Standifer is inland of here, and I think to the South. Couple days out from some hills."

Panamax thinks. Squints his eyes as he tries to envision a map. Shrugs. "I'll go back when I'm ready."

"Some hills, huh? Sounds idyllic." She says with a grin. "What are you looking for out here, away from Standifer?" She pauses. "Unless that's also a story for drinking."


An Exiled Glaive who Exists In Two Places At Once

Kilo:

Kilo wrote:


"Well, the Not Cube said the Master you seek will be found in the Empty Sanctum. My interpretation of that would be it must be a Master of the Void. Grampa told me that the creator of the two sword style, and perhaps the greatest swordsman of all time, wrote a treatise entitled 'the Book of Five Rings'. The 5th Ring, or 5th Element, is the Void. It seems to make sense to me. But to paraphrase the Reluctant Messiah, everything I just said, might be wrong." Kilo grins. For him, that was a big speech.

Tavene listens patiently, doing nothing to mask her growing lack of comprehension as he gets through his story.

"Huh. This Master sounds like someone I should visit, too, then." She pats the swords next to her. "I've heard of the Empty Sanctum, but I never hear anything good about it. I guess that'd be the perfect place for a Master to spend their time. Something about the proving yourself up to the challenge of finding them."

She shakes her head and lets out a chuckle. "I never understood that. If I were a Master of anything, I'd stay put in a major city so people knew where to find me. Maybe I'm not understanding the spirit of the thing."

Panamax:

Tavene attempts to smooth her hair down after Panamax has finished.

Panamax wrote:

"Jarris is easier to interact with, than, say, Kilo. Jarris flirts, I flirt back. It's a game, and who knows what lies underneath?"

Panamax hesitates, then adds "I may attempt to find out."

She lets out a 'hah'. "You and I are very different. Kilo says little, but it tends to be of importance. Jarris, well... as you said. It's like he's playing a game."

She tilts her head. "I hope he proves to be more than the fancy clothes and amazing smile. He sort of grows on me the longer he's around, but I'm not sure I could handle him in more than small doses." She raises an invisible glass. "Luck to you, should you make the attempt."

After a few moments, she addresses his other comment about not paying attention to people around him as much as he should. "Are you worried you're not paying enough attention and might miss an ambush? Someone turning on you?" She asks from a tactical standpoint.


Polyglot Nano Who Works Miracles 1

We Broke the Flower Puppy

Nalo `Ui`uiki wrote:
"How bad are you both?" Looking over Zoa and Kilo with concern though no actual training.

"You beat me to the question," Panamax says. "Kilo looks like he could use some healing. Zoa, how are you?"


A Fabulous Glint who Makes Something Out Of Nothing

Panamax:

"I said I was a student in delayed gratification. Not a master of it." He says with a laugh, setting his unfinished cup of tea aside.

"'And then they drank tea until the sun rose' is not a line that appeared in anyone's journal or romance novel." He pauses. "At least not that I'm aware of. Different strokes and all that."

"You're no maiden. I dressed as one once on a bet. I'm no hero, but healers... healers are always heroes." The last he says with respect. He stands, offering his hand to Panamax. "I'm sure we can work out the finer details as we go."


Female

Broken Flowers

Zoa sheathes her daggers, pats herself down, then tosses her hair and gives a little 'ta da' gesture.

"Not a scratch! Thanks for checking, darlings."

Kilo looks more pale than wounded, with a trickle of blood coming out of his nose.

Medical, Difficulty 3:

Whatever Kilo breathed in seems to be doing internal damage. The nosebleed is a sure sign of it. He'll probably heal naturally, but another inhale of the toxins might have taken him out of the fight.

"Does anyone know what that thing was?" Mathias asks. He leans over to Miyuki, taking a closer look at the leaves growing off of her skin. Even as the group watches, she seems to be returning to human. Most of the leaves have fallen off.

"I think those were the tastiest cookies I've ever eaten." She says with a frown, flexing fingers that still look a little more like wood than flesh. "What a mean trick!"

Flex

Panamax/Esha:

You dreamed of monsters in the sea

Of losing something or someone you wanted to find

Is dreaming done to remind yourself that you are alive when you sleep?


Polyglot Nano Who Works Miracles 1

Medical: 1d20 ⇒ 2

"Hmm," Panamax says. "I haven't seen anything quite like this before. A hit of healing should take care of any scrapes or cuts, but it isn't going to help with infection. I'm still working on that."


Inquisitive Jack who Rides the Lightning

Broken Flowers

Quote:
"Does anyone know what that thing was?" Mathias asks.

"A jasmeris, which is totally a eat first digest you later kind of beastie." Her head cocks to the side, "Which has a toxin that dissolves you from the inside out." She looks at Panamax, "Is that the kind of infection that you mean? Because any of us that got close to the creature," indicating herself, Zoe and Kilo. "Maybe a check-up on us later?"

Quote:
"I think those were the tastiest cookies I've ever eaten." She says with a frown, flexing fingers that still look a little more like wood than flesh. "What a mean trick!"

"And the people who ate the not-cookies as well."

She smiles kindly at Miyuki, "I wish for once when you came across a nice, kindly person in the middle of a place where you don't normally find them it was truth and not disguise." With that she turns back to Mathias, "Which, going back to the earlier point, this jameris was acting in a very un-jameris fashion." She motions to the bushes that might have once been a nice old couple and their pet, "They don't garden or collect."

She pulls the heavy belt from where it is throwing off her balance, "It was wearing this, which might have caused," she considers, "or it was an unusual example of its species and sought out something that made it more."

"You know... if someone want to figure out what it does. Or I can put it on and find out. It probably doesn't morph the wearer into a jameris."

"Probably." She really looks like she'd prefer knowing that wasn't an outcome before experimenting.


Polyglot Nano Who Works Miracles 1

Please, No Flowers

Panamax thinks for a moment. "I don't know," he says. "But I think if your body is fighting being dissolved, healing would help with that."

He holds out his hand for the belt. "I can take a look at this -- see what I can figure out."

"Better to look first and experiment later."

Panamax looks over to Miyuki and Mathias. "Did Miyuki take root? Are you able to move?"


Polyglot Nano Who Works Miracles 1

First Night Caravan

Panamax's turn to look surprised. "I didn't realize you were there as a slave. What are some of the other things you miss about the city?"


Female

Broken Flowers

Nalo wrote:
She smiles kindly at Miyuki, "I wish for once when you came across a nice, kindly person in the middle of a place where you don't normally find them it was truth and not disguise." With that she turns back to Mathias, "Which, going back to the earlier point, this jameris was acting in a very un-jameris fashion." She motions to the bushes that might have once been a nice old couple and their pet, "They don't garden or collect."

Miyuki looks as determined as a half-plant person can look. "I firmly believe there is a kindly person in the woods somewhere who is just what they appear to be." The rest of her leaves fall off. "But I probably won't eat their cookies, anyway."

Close Inspection of the Belt, Difficulty 0:

This is for anyone taking a closer look at the belt

The belt, even to the untrained eye, looks cobbled together. There's a mostly empty glass chamber that still has a tiny bit of liquid inside it, along with a needle that would have sunk into the jasmeris' flesh while it was around the creature.

The only hint of writing is a symbol that's scratched into the back of the belt, almost carelessly - an upside down uppercase L that turns into a spiral.

I'll draw this and post it in Discord.

You can't be sure of its purpose. Activation rune? Maker's mark?

Panamax wrote:
Panamax looks over to Miyuki and Mathias. "Did Miyuki take root? Are you able to move?"

Miyuki steps away from Mathias. Her steps are tentative but she holds two thumbs up.

"I still feel a little stiff," she says, trying to run in place with knees kicked up high. She mostly manages, but stumbles a little. Mathias grabs her elbow to keep her from falling all the way. "But much better. Thanks for the help!" She reaches up to brush her fingers along the patch. "It was so uncomfortable, becoming a plant. I could feel my blood thickening." She shivers.

Zoa wanders over to the hedge people.

"Good thing you helped, Panamax." She says, poking at the plants. "I'm not sure Miyuki would have come back from it if she'd gone all the way green."

The hedge people are just that - 100% plants. Anyone moving leaves out of the way would find elaborately carved human shaped pieces of bark, vine, and other leafy material in various poses.

First Night Caravan

Panamax wrote:
Panamax's turn to look surprised. "I didn't realize you were there as a slave. What are some of the other things you miss about the city?"

"Yeah, Qi is filled to the brim with them, I'm afraid." He says with a smile. "I believe the city still holds a Steadfast record for amount of slaves working within its walls."

Reading People, Difficulty 3:

There's a smile on his face, and he speaks of slavery casually, but there's pain in his eyes.

"I profess to be much more a city than a wilderness man. I miss the markets; you can find just about anything you're looking for, and more, in the multi leveled markets of Qi. The libraries are outstanding. But really, the thing I miss most is this savory pastry pocket in a food stall near Moon Bay. The stall is unassuming, and so easy to walk past. I happened upon it by accident, but it has a perfect view of the bay, especially at night when the ships are docked but still lit up. And the pastry..." he sighs, closing his eyes at the memory. "Stuffed with perfectly spiced meat, creamy cheeses, and vegetables. The pastry is flaky, buttery, it's... everything a person could want." He says with a laugh.

"It's well worth a first visit," he says to Panamax, then turns to Nalo, "Or a second, lengthier visit. The city is beautiful from a boat, but even better on foot."


Inquisitive Jack who Rides the Lightning

First Night Caravan

Mathias Lav Rua wrote:
At Nalo and Panamax's question about studies other than Qen, Mathias looks a little surprised. "Slaves weren't allowed to study anything officially,"
Panamax wrote:
Panamax's turn to look surprised. "I didn't realize you were there as a slave."

Nalo winces a bit at the misunderstanding, nodding in agreement with Panamax's words. She looks down at her hands, "Are you still a slave?"

Edit: Reading People: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Resourceful Seeker who Talks to Machines

"I'll do it," Anson grumbles. He turns to the void-bearer. "But if my hand falls off, I'm punching you with the stump." Then, with only a little hesitation, he sticks his hand in the void.

Nalo:
"Okay, then," Anson says agreeably.

Ceri:
From the look on his face, the kiss got the desired result, and he watches her go. "Good night," he murmurs after her.


Inquisitive Jack who Rides the Lightning

Broken Flowers

Miyuki wrote:
Miyuki looks as determined as a half-plant person can look. "I firmly believe there is a kindly person in the woods somewhere who is just what they appear to be." The rest of her leaves fall off. "But I probably won't eat their cookies, anyway."

"I keep hoping for them as well." Nalo says honestly with a gentle smile.

Nalo looks sadly at the hedge as Zoe ascertains the planty-ness of it. "At least it can't catch any more travelers with the ruse." She just looks at the hedge for a bit, troubled by thoughts that turn her grey eyes stormy.


Inquisitive Jack who Rides the Lightning

Anson:
She nods, starts to turn away and then turns back. Quietly, "Your eyes reminded me of a dream I once had."

She worries her bottom lip, unconsciously moving a little closer as she speaks, "I helped a group get these ancient emeralds from an abandoned city in the desert. They were a part of this old, broken machine that had purified water once in the before times." She leans her head to the side, "That night I had a dream of a woman with green eyes, so angry that we had taken the last piece of her."

"When you said you collected ghosts in the machine..."

"It brought back the dream." Her hand moves a bit, but she tucks it against her side.


Polyglot Nano Who Works Miracles 1

Broken Flowers

Belt, specialized Numenera, science inability: 1d20 ⇒ 10

"No clue," Panamax says. "But don't put it on. There is a needle here to jab the flesh of whoever wears it. Maybe someone else can wring more sense out of it."

"I am ready to head back if you and Kilo and Zoa are up for it."

"I am sorry that I missed out on the cookies, but also not sorry that I missed out on turning into a plant." Panamax looks at Miyuki, and shrugs. "You have a good story to tell for a free drink, though."


Inquisitive Jack who Rides the Lightning

Ceri:
Quote:
She gives Nalo a long look. "Maybe when we reach a proper inn with proper drinks, I'll tell you the full story. If you're interested, I mean.

Nalo's smile isn't eager, but soft, a nod of support,

Quote:
And then we can discuss much more important things, like discovering relics of the past,

the smile grows into a grin,

Quote:
and men with nice hands."

and like being hit by a punch, Nalo's eyes go sad.

"Good reason to hope this trip goes quick." Her voice is still friendly and warm, only a touch of what is in her eyes gets through.


Polyglot Nano Who Works Miracles 1

First Night Caravan

Reading People: 1d20 ⇒ 7

"That sounds like a good place for a visit," Panamax says. "Er ... where is it exactly? I assume it's far. There are many places that I would like to see, and now I have one more."


Inquisitive Jack who Rides the Lightning

Broken Flowers

Panamax wrote:
"I am ready to head back if you and Kilo and Zoa are up for it."

"Theyre isn't an awareness still trapped in there, right?" Her eyes on the plants, needing to hear a 'no', even if its a lie.


Inquisitive Jack who Rides the Lightning

First Night Caravan

Panamax wrote:
"That sounds like a good place for a visit," Panamax says. "Er ... where is it exactly? I assume it's far. There are many places that I would like to see, and now I have one more."

Still waiting for an answer from Mathius, Nalo answers idly, "Almost due south from Keford as the crow flies, at the mouth of the Wyr River." A pause, "Boat travel is further, since you have to travel the entire coastland of Ghan and Dralois. It'd take about three times longer our travel from Harmuth."


Inquisitive Jack who Rides the Lightning

Second Night Caravan

Nalo/Camp

Miyuki Azuma wrote:
When Nalo shrugs and offers nothing else, Miyuki sits for a few more moments with a smile on her face. Then, "Okay, another time!", and stands to move on to chat with someone else.

Nalo nods, offers back a smile.


Plant Monster aftermath

Quote:
With a steadying breath, "The two of you did fantastic once I got out of the way." She hisses through her teeth at the red blood she sees mingling with the jasmeris's green blood on the floor, "How bad are you both?" Looking over Zoe and Kilo with concern though no actual training.

Kilo shakes his head, trying to clear the toxin induced cobwebs. He cocks his head, quizzically at Nalo's words. "You got the belt. That probably was the turning point to the battle. Do not sell yourself short wahi kaikuahine." He apparently ignores the rest of her question.

We Broke the Flower Puppy

Panamax wrote:
"You beat me to the question," Panamax says. "Kilo looks like he could use some healing. Zoa, how are you?"

Kilo barely nods. He seems more concerned with the almost-tree/Miyuki.

Broken Flowers

Quote:
"I think those were the tastiest cookies I've ever eaten." She says with a frown, flexing fingers that still look a little more like wood than flesh. "What a mean trick!"

Medical Dif 3: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Kilo darkens, "Good thing I came in late." he grouses, "Not fair fighting with food." He pulls out his waterskin and takes a swig. "Anyone else thirsty?" he offers before putting it back.

Second Night Caravan
Kilo/Tavene/Camp

Miyuki Azuma wrote:

She chews on her lip. "I'm not sure what it was. My village was full of very capable people; many of us trained in fighting, to protect ourselves from outside threats." The way she says 'outside threats' indicates she's maybe now seeing that for what it was. "But I woke up one morning, before dawn, for training, and..."

She hesitates, and tears pop into her eyes. "Everyone was dead. In their beds, their kitchens, outside attending to early morning chores. I don't know what it was, because there weren't any wounds. No battles, no... protecting themselves." She hiccups. "I guess the outside threat was real, but it wasn't animals or people."

Kilo frowns. "I'm sorry." Something troubles him, but it doesn't seem as if he has much to say. He puts a hand on hers and let's it stand at that.

Tavene:
Quote:

Tavene listens patiently, doing nothing to mask her growing lack of comprehension as he gets through his story.

"Huh. This Master sounds like someone I should visit, too, then." She pats the swords next to her. "I've heard of the Empty Sanctum, but I never hear anything good about it. I guess that'd be the perfect place for a Master to spend their time. Something about the proving yourself up to the challenge of finding them."

She shakes her head and lets out a chuckle. "I never understood that. If I were a Master of anything, I'd stay put in a major city so people knew where to find me. Maybe I'm not understanding the spirit of the thing."

Kilo shrugs, [b]"I wasn't much for studying, but I believe Master Musashi was challenged something like a thousand different times by other warriors trying to prove that their styles were superior. I'd imagine, even as much as I love fighting, that's a lot of dead people.


Resourceful Seeker who Talks to Machines

Ceri:
On day three as the group is settling down for the evening, Anson seeks out Ceri. "Join me by the fire for a bit?"

Nalo:
"Ah. That's... that's something." Anson settles down. "Well, it's about time to dream some more, I imagine. So I'll see you tomorrow, and we'll get to work finding more machines."


Reading People Dif3+1: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Quote:

"I profess to be much more a city than a wilderness man. I miss the markets; you can find just about anything you're looking for, and more, in the multi leveled markets of Qi. The libraries are outstanding. But really, the thing I miss most is this savory pastry pocket in a food stall near Moon Bay. The stall is unassuming, and so easy to walk past. I happened upon it by accident, but it has a perfect view of the bay, especially at night when the ships are docked but still lit up. And the pastry..." he sighs, closing his eyes at the memory. "Stuffed with perfectly spiced meat, creamy cheeses, and vegetables. The pastry is flaky, buttery, it's... everything a person could want." He says with a laugh.

"It's well worth a first visit," he says to Panamax, then turns to Nalo, "Or a second, lengthier visit. The city is beautiful from a boat, but even better on foot."

Kilo's mouth is almost visibly watering so hard he could cry.

Broken Flowers

Panamax wrote:
"I am ready to head back if you and Kilo and Zoa are up for it."

Kilo nods.

Nalo wrote:
"Theyre isn't an awareness still trapped in there, right?" Her eyes on the plants, needing to hear a 'no', even if its a lie.

Kilo, slowly draws the ancestral jovar from behind his back, "I can make sure if you would like. You all should stand back though. This could get messy." he says, looking down at the jasmeris.


Female

Broken Flowers

Panamax wrote:
"I am ready to head back if you and Kilo and Zoa are up for it."

"I'm ready to be quit of these woods, yes." Zoa says with a languid stretch.

Panamax wrote:
"I am sorry that I missed out on the cookies, but also not sorry that I missed out on turning into a plant." Panamax looks at Miyuki, and shrugs. "You have a good story to tell for a free drink, though."

Miyuki smiles. "Oh, I get free drinks all the time! But I do tell a lot of stories."

"Do a lot of men want to hear your stories, Miyuki?" Zoa asks with a smirk. The other woman thinks for a moment.

"Yeah, actually. Maybe I'm telling the wrong sorts of stories."

"Oh, I don't think it matters much what kind of stories you tell."

Miyuki says nothing as she processes this, while Zoa shakes her head with a smile.

Nalo wrote:
"Theyre isn't an awareness still trapped in there, right?" Her eyes on the plants, needing to hear a 'no', even if its a lie.

Medical Stuff, Difficulty 4:

There is a hint of something that's less plant-like and more... human. More aware. But there's no sense that the living hedges are aware, or in pain, or anything like that.


Medical Skill, Dif4 from below: 1d20 ⇒ 19

"Oh, wait. You mean the hedges?" Kilo looks a bit hesitant to continue, but continues against his better judgement, "there does seem to be some residual ki there." he says softly and a little uncomfortably.


Polyglot Nano Who Works Miracles 1

We Broke the Flower Puppy

Kilokilomakanihekilimakalewa wrote:
Panamax wrote:
"You beat me to the question," Panamax says. "Kilo looks like he could use some healing. Zoa, how are you?"
Kilo barely nods. He seems more concerned with the almost-tree/Miyuki.

At Kilo's nod, Panamax moves over to the (much larger) man and sets a hand on Kilo's forearm.

Healing roll: 1d20 ⇒ 10
To restore: 1d6 ⇒ 1 pool

"That should help some with your immediate injuries. I will check later to see if you are suffering any longer-term effects."

"Do you need more?"


Female

Wagon Party

Anson wrote:
"I'll do it," Anson grumbles. He turns to the void-bearer. "But if my hand falls off, I'm punching you with the stump." Then, with only a little hesitation, he sticks his hand in the void.

Ceri gives a little chuckle, but also scoots away from the void box.

Anson:

Oddly enough, the sense of everything being wrong around him clears up as soon as he sticks his hand in the box. He's in the void, surrounded by it, but very comfortable.

What comes down, but never goes up? A genderless voice asks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inquisitive Jack who Rides the Lightning
Kilokilomakanihekilimakalewa wrote:
"Oh, wait. You mean the hedges?" Kilo looks a bit hesitant to continue, but continues against his better judgement, "there does seem to be some residual ki there." he says softly and a little uncomfortably.

"Are they trapped? In pain?" Nalo walks over the hedges, touching one gently.


An Empathic Jack who Crafts Illusions

Flexings

Nalo wrote:
Nalo winces a bit at the misunderstanding, nodding in agreement with Panamax's words. She looks down at her hands, "Are you still a slave?"

"Oh, no. I ah... liberated myself." He creates a very small illusion in his hands of a flower blooming from a seed. The petal colors shift between hues and almost take on a hypnotic quality. "It's something I did to keep myself entertained while under my second Master. He kept me cooped up most of the time, so I didn't have much else to do. I built up an incredibly difficult and elaborate illusion, and... well, here I am." He smiles. "I'd be happy to tell you the whole story if you're interested in hearing it, but the long and short is, I fooled the people I needed to fool."

Nalo wrote:
"Boat travel is further, since you have to travel the entire coastland of Ghan and Dralois. It'd take about three times longer our travel from Harmuth."

Mathias taps his nose and points at Nalo. "She has the right of it. It's on the southern point of the Ison Cape in Draolis, right where the country meets up with Iscobal."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female
Nalo wrote:
"Are they trapped? In pain?" Nalo walks over the hedges, touching one gently.

No one gets any sense that the plant people are in pain, or even that they are fully human consciousness stuck inside a plant. It's more like they're in stasis, or that their consciousnesses have become very dim.


An Obsessive Nano who Fuses Mind With Machine

Nalo:

Nalo wrote:
"Good reason to hope this trip goes quick." Her voice is still friendly and warm, only a touch of what is in her eyes gets through.

Ceri tilts her head, but nods and doesn't address the slight change in mood. "There's certainly a part of me that hopes I can sleep through the whole thing." She stretches. "Thanks for talking to me, Nalo. It's good to have someone who seems to genuinely care about another person's experiences. A lot of people really just don't have the patience for it."

Anson:

Anson wrote:
On day three as the group is settling down for the evening, Anson seeks out Ceri. "Join me by the fire for a bit?"

"Is this where you tell me that you are actually the one with thugs, and now I need to give you all my shins?" She holds up her hands. "The long game is the best game." There's a sparkle in her eyes, and she follows Anson to wherever he's going.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
A Naive Glaive who Wonders

Broken Flowers

Kilo wrote:
Kilo darkens, "Good thing I came in late." he grouses, "Not fair fighting with food." He pulls out his waterskin and takes a swig. "Anyone else thirsty?" he offers before putting it back.

"I would love a drink." Miyuki says, mostly back to her normal enthusiasm. "I feel like a prune." She pauses, barely able to contain a giggle. "Get it? Prune?"

Second Night Caravan - Kilo/Tavene/Camp

Kilo wrote:
Kilo frowns. "I'm sorry." Something troubles him, but it doesn't seem as if he has much to say. He puts a hand on hers and let's it stand at that.

"It's okay," she sniffs, but seems comforted by the reassuring touch. "They were the only people I knew for so long." She doesn't go on.

"Well, now you know us." Tavene says gently.

"I do!" Miyuki brightens.


Inquisitive Jack who Rides the Lightning

Flexings

Mathias Lav Rua wrote:
"Oh, no. I ah... liberated myself."

A quick, fierce smile that all but radiates, good.

Quote:
He creates a very small illusion in his hands of a flower blooming from a seed. The petal colors shift between hues and almost take on a hypnotic quality. "It's something I did to keep myself entertained while under my second Master. He kept me cooped up most of the time, so I didn't have much else to do. I built up an incredibly difficult and elaborate illusion, and... well, here I am." He smiles. "I'd be happy to tell you the whole story if you're interested in hearing it, but the long and short is, I fooled the people I needed to fool."

"Underdog succeeding against powerful evil stories are good." Her head tilts to the side a bit, "Especially if they have a happy ending."

Ceri:
Heading back to the waiting caravan, "I don't ever want to forget that other people are real." A smile, "Caring about their experiences is the best way for me to see all of a person."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
An Exiled Glaive who Exists In Two Places At Once

Kilo:

Kilo wrote:
Kilo shrugs, "I wasn't much for studying, but I believe Master Musashi was challenged something like a thousand different times by other warriors trying to prove that their styles were superior. I'd imagine, even as much as I love fighting, that's a lot of dead people.

"I never much cared for studying, either." She says with a half smile. "Can I ask a personal question?"


An Empathic Jack who Crafts Illusions
Nalo wrote:
"Underdog succeeding against evil power are good." Her head tilts to the side a bit, "Especially if they have a happy ending."

"They are my favorite kinds of stories." He agrees. "I believe that Master, my last one, has since passed away of natural causes. I never felt the urge to create a scene, get revenge, anything like that... but I did keep tabs, from a distance." He seems satisfied with the outcome.

"I do struggle occasionally in mixed company. It's hard for me to understand and agree with slavery after having been a slave myself, but it's still so widely accepted, it's a little, ah... taboo? To disagree with the practice." He shrugs. "I suspect I won't live to see that change, though."

He startles himself out of a thought he seems to be having. "I'm sorry, this may actually be mixed company. I hope I haven't made either of you uncomfortable. This topic is significantly heavier than I was expecting to introduce myself with." He smiles apologetically.


Polyglot Nano Who Works Miracles 1

Post-Puppy

"I will ask," Panamax says. He walks near the hedges and closes his eyes.

GM:
...and asks Esha. Are there minds in these plants nearby?

Mathias/Nalo Flex

Panamax nods. "I will add that to my list of things people don't like to talk about in uncertain company. Thank you for bringing it up. I would have blundered into it on my own otherwise."


Female

Post-Puppy

Panamax:

They are... there's a pause.

Only dreams

Their thoughts are quiet and there is no pulse

Panamax/Nalo

Panamax wrote:
Panamax nods. "I will add that to my list of things people don't like to talk about in uncertain company. Thank you for bringing it up. I would have blundered into it on my own otherwise."

"It really depends on the location. In Qi? Mentioning you're not at least okay with the idea of slavery is likely to get you snubbed or mocked, and most certainly, talked about disdainfully behind your back." He smiles. "Passive aggressive elitists, the lot of them."


We Broke the Flower Puppy

Panamax wrote:

"That should help some with your immediate injuries. I will check later to see if you are suffering any longer-term effects."

"Do you need more?"

"Thank you." Kilo says.

health check, Difficulty whatever you think is appropriate:
Kilo is currently at 6 of 13 Might and is "Injured"


Polyglot Nano Who Works Miracles 1

Puppy is (Nothing But) Flowers

Panamax gestures toward the hedges. "Esha says the minds here have no pulse and no thoughts," Panamax looks at Nalo. "They are only fading dreams," he says sadly.


Broken Flowers

Miyuki Azuma wrote:
"I would love a drink." Miyuki says, mostly back to her normal enthusiasm. "I feel like a prune." She pauses, barely able to contain a giggle. "Get it? Prune?"

social banter+inability: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Kilo hands over the 'skin. He chuckles half heartedly. If she has has any skill at reading people it's probably readily apparent he doesn't get it.

Tavene:

Quote:
"Can I ask a personal question?"

"Personal? Sure." again, if Tavene has any skill in reading people, she would likely know Kilo doesn't understand the difference between a personal question or any other.


Polyglot Nano Who Works Miracles 1

Broken Flowers

"Zoa? Nalo? Would either of you like some healing?"

Panamax gives Kilo a touch on the other forearm. "Even you out," he says.

Healing roll: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Restores pool of: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Polyglot Nano Who Works Miracles 1

Esha:

I don't know why dreaming is done, but I have heard that those who cannot dream go mad. Perhaps it is as you say, and it reminds me that I am alive.

I am bad at explaining these things, but you are good at making me think of them in new ways.

I am pleased to talk to you again today.

Ceri:

"No drinking needed for this story," Panamax says. "I left Standifer in order to spread my ... um ... horizons. I had never been more than a day's travel from the town center in any direction." Panamax gestures with his hand as he spins slowly in a circle.

"And here I am, meeting new people, seeing new sights. Even the boredom is new boredom. I know that there is a place for me when I return to Standifer, and it will wait for me."

"And you?" His eyes return to Ceri's shadowed face in the flickering firelight. "Is there anything you seek out here besides yourself?"

Tavene:

Tavene wrote:
Tavene attempts to smooth her hair down after Panamax has finished.

A thought visibly occurs to Panamax. "Oh. If you ever want me to look you over in lieu of a mirror, I am entirely willing."

He smiles at Tavene's invisible toast. "I will make the attempt. Success or failure, it won't be boring."

Tavene wrote:
"Are you worried you're not paying enough attention and might miss an ambush? Someone turning on you?"

Panamax is entirely taken aback by this question. "I ... no. That wasn't what I meant at all. I was talking about those conversations where certain things are pointedly not said." He laughs, quietly. "I fully expect to miss an ambush. I am a terrible tactical thinker. If you ever have advice to offer on the subject, I will listen and not take offense at basic suggestions. I promise you."

Jarris:

Panamax also sets down his cup of tea, grinning at the glint. "I will spare you the bit about how tea is bitter if it has to wait too long -- but if you don't wait long enough, the buds have not yet fully opened. I'm sure you can fill in the details."

Panamax takes Jarris' hand firmly, and steps in close. The pulse point in his neck giving away his interest. "Let me put this plain. If you would like to jot this night down in your journal or a romance novel, I am interested."

He looks Jarris in the eyes and blushes furiously. "And even if not, I would still like to do something nice for you. To be determined."


Broken Flowers

Panamax wrote:

Panamax gives Kilo a touch on the other forearm. "Even you out," he says.

"and again, thank you."


Inquisitive Jack who Rides the Lightning

Flowers are Broken

Panamax wrote:
Panamax gestures toward the hedges. "Esha says the minds here have no pulse and no thoughts," Panamax looks at Nalo. "They are only fading dreams," he says sadly.

"Thank you for checking." Nalo collects up her gear, scattered in the fight, and waits near the edge of the clearing for everyone else.

Panamax/Nalo

Quote:
"It really depends on the location. In Qi? Mentioning you're not at least okay with the idea of slavery is likely to get you snubbed or mocked, and most certainly, talked about disdainfully behind your back." He smiles. "Passive aggressive elitists, the lot of them."

"I'd never be popular in groups like that anyway." She shrugs, "It's easier to take an outcast's view, however, when you'd already marked as different."

"I give you credit for being able to handle mixed company so well with your history," Nalo says.


Resourceful Seeker who Talks to Machines

What's in the box?!:
"Uh... rain, I guess?" Anson ventures.

Ceri:
He merely leads her to one of the campfires, out of the way from most of the conversation. "It's not your shins I'm after," he remarks on the way, but he's a little more serious than the flirty comment might imply. "So Nalo talked to me the other night. She apologized for being weird and said she's romantically interested in me."

901 to 950 of 1,133 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Navarene Awaits All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.