Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Myrial, City of Rogues

Game Master Rynjin

You've proven yourself to be a competent "entrepreneur". Welcome to the Mandrigal. Now get to work.


751 to 800 of 2,066 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Oni-Spawn Tiefling Bruiser 5 - HP 44/51/[56/63]; AC 21[19] (touch 20[18]; flat-footed 18[16]); CMD 31[31]; DR 3/-; Fort +8 [+10], Ref +9; Will +9 [+11]; Darkvision, Scent. Perception +12; Sense Motive +14; Initiative +5.

"Okay... Now I'm pissed!" shouts Korak as he chases the unliving creature down the road, drawing this faithful bardiche as he moves. He stops just a few feet away from here, close enough to threaten her, but far enough that she'll have to take her time if she decides to attack him.

Korak makes 2 move actions. He can move 80 ft. this way. Since she is 60 ft. away from him, he can easily reach her. However, he stops 10ft away from her, and in such way that he doesn't block the path of pursuers coming from the mansion (i.e.: free charge lane for JK! :D). He also draws his bardiche as part of his move action

Unless she has reach, she provokes an AoO if she attacks Korak, since he is wielding his bardiche now.

Bardiche AoO (if necessary): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Snake Style Sense Motive (if she attacks me): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Will save (if necessary): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

If she falls on Jo's pit, then Korak stops 10ft from the pit instead.


Male Oni-Spawn Tiefling Bruiser 5 - HP 44/51/[56/63]; AC 21[19] (touch 20[18]; flat-footed 18[16]); CMD 31[31]; DR 3/-; Fort +8 [+10], Ref +9; Will +9 [+11]; Darkvision, Scent. Perception +12; Sense Motive +14; Initiative +5.

Let's see if a new post fixes my Campaign tab

Nope. It doesn't. WTF?


Male Oni-Spawn Tiefling Bruiser 5 - HP 44/51/[56/63]; AC 21[19] (touch 20[18]; flat-footed 18[16]); CMD 31[31]; DR 3/-; Fort +8 [+10], Ref +9; Will +9 [+11]; Darkvision, Scent. Perception +12; Sense Motive +14; Initiative +5.

Giving it another try...

Argh! G%#@#%n forum!


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

@Jo: You have to move to do that, since there's a wall in your way, so I'm assuming you do that.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The undead girl falls into the pit Jo conjures, unable to avoid it in her run for her prey. She falls into the hole with a sickening crunch, briefly shrieking in rage and sorrow, clawing at the floor before finally falling still.

2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Allai runs over from the mansion, having recognized her as she ran past him. He drops to his knees at the edge of the slowly rising pit floor and sobs deeply.

After a few minutes he calms himself somewhat and stands up, turning to the group.

"You three are the ones who sent the letter?" he nods and doesn't wait for an answer.

"I'm not sure whether to thank you for ending her existence as that...monster or hate you for hurting my daughter." he sighs But I'm a more rational person than that. You three have my gratitude. At the very least you ended her torment and recovered the body for me, and for that I am grateful."

"I owe you, whoever you are. If you need anything, come to me and I'll see what I can do for you. I don't have much political pull but I've got enough that I can call in some favors and have certain things done."

"Now, please, leave me with her."


Male Oni-Spawn Tiefling Bruiser 5 - HP 44/51/[56/63]; AC 21[19] (touch 20[18]; flat-footed 18[16]); CMD 31[31]; DR 3/-; Fort +8 [+10], Ref +9; Will +9 [+11]; Darkvision, Scent. Perception +12; Sense Motive +14; Initiative +5.

"Grieve for your daughter, sir. That's the least a parent should be able to do."- This time the Barbarian's voice is solemn. But he quickly adopts a more serious tone.

"There is talk about Lord Blackwell being involved in this. If not for justice, then for the sake of this city, you sir, should be alert the bigwigs about what is going on. Blackwell and his allies, whoever they may be, are not to be trusted."

Feeling there is nothing else to be done here, the Barbarian leaves Alai alone. Bringing his daughter back or not is his decision now.

Is Jorriko carrying the letter he forged to incriminate Blackwell? This is a good moment to use it.


M Tiefling Dark Stalker 4

if its any consolation, this confirms the identity of the wizard for us. We will serve your vengeance upon him.

heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 I think one of those guards is not quite con dead, and my channel should have stabilized him...

wand of CLW to Korak: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 7) + 2 = 17

the file is in the corner of one of the side rooms... It should look as though it was dropped in a hurry.

@ Jo: I need you to talk to Vivian and convince him that Charles' actions have put the guild in danger. We can gain the support of a powerful politician (Allai) at the cost of Charles as a sacrificial patsy. The rest of his crew are salvageable except for Salvador, who is too much of a liability anyway.


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

Yeah, they're both dead. They only had about 20 HP apiece and the first one had already taken some damage. The second one was beheaded. I guess I could write something up about how Jorriko tried to give mouth to mouth for a bullet wound or something with that Heal check. =)


Female Human Sorcerer (fey bloodline), level 5; AC: 16; Hp: 30; CMD: 12 ; Fort: +9 Ref : +9 Will: +10 ; Perception +1; Concentration +12

Jo, as a dark skined Kalishite, just remain silent when Allai speak. Her face is pretty serious ad besides that reveals no emotion.

Lets check the place to see if we find something - Jo say to her compaion in a cold voice.

I use detect magic in the place where the girl was.


M gamer Paladin 4/ bard 6
Rynjin wrote:
Yeah, they're both dead. They only had about 20 HP apiece and the first one had already taken some damage. The second one was beheaded. I guess I could write something up about how Jorriko tried to give mouth to mouth for a bullet wound or something with that Heal check. =)

not cool, bro... Don't you know who I am?!?! I am an Army trained combat medic! Not some Marine-bait corpsman! Recognize bi-atch! ... As an aside note, you gained cool points for referencing Red vs Blue.

[/medic rage]


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

Jo detects an aura of strong Necromancy, but little else. Interestingly, upon further study, it does not seem that this aura originates from a spell, just "naturally" occurring creation of an undead due to a traumatic death and murder.

@Jorriko: I'm not worthy! I'm not worrrrthy!


Male Oni-Spawn Tiefling Bruiser 5 - HP 44/51/[56/63]; AC 21[19] (touch 20[18]; flat-footed 18[16]); CMD 31[31]; DR 3/-; Fort +8 [+10], Ref +9; Will +9 [+11]; Darkvision, Scent. Perception +12; Sense Motive +14; Initiative +5.
Jorriko Krail wrote:

not cool, bro... Don't you know who I am?!?! I am an Army trained combat medic! Not some Marine-bait corpsman! Recognize bi-atch! ... As an aside note, you gained cool points for referencing Red vs Blue.

[/medic rage]

Hey, don't metagame, dude! You don't see me complaining when Korak fails Kn(Engineering) skill checks, do you? And piling up rocks and using catapults is certainly much easier than stopping people from dying! :)

Also... The campaign seems to have disappeared from Jorriko's and Jo's profile as well. oO

"That thing was vicious... And not in a good way." - says Korak when he is far enough to make sure no elf can listen to his words. "Can we go home so I can bleed to death in my own bed?"


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

WRYYYYYYYYY?????


Male Oni-Spawn Tiefling Bruiser 5 - HP 44/51/[56/63]; AC 21[19] (touch 20[18]; flat-footed 18[16]); CMD 31[31]; DR 3/-; Fort +8 [+10], Ref +9; Will +9 [+11]; Darkvision, Scent. Perception +12; Sense Motive +14; Initiative +5.
Rynjin wrote:
WRYYYYYYYYY?????

I can only assume it is your fault, R.

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO PLAY, RYNJIN??? WHY???!!!


M Tiefling Dark Stalker 4

did you get the CLW I sent you? After about 30 min, I can prepare CLW in my unassigned spell slot. I am going to search the place for a little bit in the mean time.

searching around: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


Whe have nt spended the money we recieve in the last mission, lets buy a couple of CLW wands


M Tiefling Dark Stalker 4
Nicos wrote:
Whe have nt spended the money we recieve in the last mission, lets buy a couple of CLW wands

We did buy one. I dropped 2 charges on Korak.


Female Human Sorcerer (fey bloodline), level 5; AC: 16; Hp: 30; CMD: 12 ; Fort: +9 Ref : +9 Will: +10 ; Perception +1; Concentration +12

TO the elf, in a cold voice Hope you find a way to impart revenge upon the ones who did this -

Jo reamain silent most of the way, just speaking when they are in their "home".

Why they kill her?...nevermind, Blackwell reputation should be damaged enoguh by now, even if nothing can be prove against him in politics the mere suspicion could be enough. We should look for the new missions


Ok, who is the current holder of the lotus figurine. Taking 10 that is 24 for gather information.


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

Jo hits the streets to gather information on the current owner of the Jade Lotus.

You find out he's a man named Hon La Chen, a rich man who prides himself on his martial arts skills.

He's fought off assassins before, and it's well known around town that any who manage to get around his guards are killed by the man himself.


Female Human Sorcerer (fey bloodline), level 5; AC: 16; Hp: 30; CMD: 12 ; Fort: +9 Ref : +9 Will: +10 ; Perception +1; Concentration +12

I try to find more personal information about Hon la chen

Gahter information: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Finally


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

Not much is known about him personally except that he's a powerful martial artist and he's rarely seen in public.

He trains all of his bodyguards himself, it's said, and trains the most elite in stealth and martial arts to watch whichever room he's in at all times.


Female Human Sorcerer (fey bloodline), level 5; AC: 16; Hp: 30; CMD: 12 ; Fort: +9 Ref : +9 Will: +10 ; Perception +1; Concentration +12

Oh come on, yu ruined my only good roll in the campaing :(. Bad Rynjin.

Then, what can Jo find about his guards?


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

They're said to be elite ninja guardians, trained in stealth, subterfuge, and deadly weaponry, along with poison.


Female Human Sorcerer (fey bloodline), level 5; AC: 16; Hp: 30; CMD: 12 ; Fort: +9 Ref : +9 Will: +10 ; Perception +1; Concentration +12

SO, guys. What do you think about the new mission?

By the way, jo stay alert about any new about blackwell and is reputation.


M Tiefling Dark Stalker 4

kn local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 to determine general and specific knowledge about the target location and access.

stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 to scout the perimeter

perception with detect magic: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18to look for entry points including sewer and rooftop access, and to determine guard posts and rotations.

sense motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 to determine if my surveillance is noticed.


M Tiefling Dark Stalker 4

btw, everyone got 350 from the last job... Did we ever turn in that marble of doom?


M Tiefling Dark Stalker 4

Still scouting... Sorry for the delay, but your operator will file his report soon. Your involvement is important to us. Please continue to hold while you wait for your party...

*faint elevator music can be heard in the background along with a random snippet of a conversation about relative power and lvl of standard NPC's in relation to a scale of 1-20 lvls*


Male Oni-Spawn Tiefling Bruiser 5 - HP 44/51/[56/63]; AC 21[19] (touch 20[18]; flat-footed 18[16]); CMD 31[31]; DR 3/-; Fort +8 [+10], Ref +9; Will +9 [+11]; Darkvision, Scent. Perception +12; Sense Motive +14; Initiative +5.

There is not much for Korak to do yet, so...

Korak goes with Jorriko on the scouting mission

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

And if he sees anything interesting

Kn(Nature/Planes/Religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20(all of them ahve the same bonus, but I don't mind rolling each one separately, if you want)

At 5th level Korak's build will be essentially complete, so starting at 6th level, I'll focus more on out-of-combat class features. Wildshape should be fun. :D


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

Jorriko is at first unable to find the man's house. He has to take several hours wandering around in the Noble Yard before he finds the place, or what he is reasonably certain is the man's house.

It is a large mansion, with very Tian themes. Think old Japanese Feudal Lord palaces.

It is surrounded by a large wall, roughly 20 feet high and made of stone. It has been plastered and smoothed so that it is nigh impossible to get a handhold, and would be very difficult to climb without a rope and grappling hook.

The two also find that there IS rooftop access, of sorts. There are a pair of watchtowers within leaping distance of the man's yard, that would be fairly easy to climb.

Unfortunately, the towers are nearly 50 feet tall, and thus any leap from them onto the ground over the wall would be quite painful. You are also unable to see whether there are guards at the top of this tower or not.

The two are hard pressed to find many other entry points. The man is paranoid and obsessed with security.

However, you notice that even in the dead of night the guards at the gate let people in certain uniforms inside, servants of some kind, you deduce. Disguising yourself as them would be an option.

Jorriko, however, does feel a tingle as if someone is watching him scope the place out, but he can't spot anyone that could be doing so.


Female Human Sorcerer (fey bloodline), level 5; AC: 16; Hp: 30; CMD: 12 ; Fort: +9 Ref : +9 Will: +10 ; Perception +1; Concentration +12

Ghater information 24 to know what kind of "job" do that servants.


M Tiefling Dark Stalker 4

Is my Charles sense tingling? Detect magic, and take 20 (+13) on my spot, and be intentional about it.


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

Jo determines that they're some kind of clean-up crew. It's not any sort of common knowledge what KIND of clean-up, however.

Jorriko deliberately looks around carefully and activates his magic. He notices something, this time. On a nearby rooftop (about 30 feet away) is an invisible man watching you. He's dressed in baggy clothing obviously designed for stealth work.


Male Oni-Spawn Tiefling Bruiser 5 - HP 44/51/[56/63]; AC 21[19] (touch 20[18]; flat-footed 18[16]); CMD 31[31]; DR 3/-; Fort +8 [+10], Ref +9; Will +9 [+11]; Darkvision, Scent. Perception +12; Sense Motive +14; Initiative +5.

If this guy doesn't have a Perception roll of 32, he still doesn't notice Korak! :D (BTW, I inverted my skill bonuses... Perception is +10 and Stealth is +12 ¬¬')


M Tiefling Dark Stalker 4

Krail signals in the drow finger language for Korak to circle around to that rooftop.


Male Oni-Spawn Tiefling Bruiser 5 - HP 44/51/[56/63]; AC 21[19] (touch 20[18]; flat-footed 18[16]); CMD 31[31]; DR 3/-; Fort +8 [+10], Ref +9; Will +9 [+11]; Darkvision, Scent. Perception +12; Sense Motive +14; Initiative +5.

Korak circles around to that rooftop.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

The invisible man doesn't notice Korak sneaking up on him. However, he does notice Jorriko staring intently at him.

He moves off to the side and you both hear a faint *WHOOSH* as he leaves Jorriko's cone of detection.


M Tiefling Dark Stalker 4

I will try to keep him in my 60ft cone if possibl, and move to engage,


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

You attempt to do so, scanning across the roof and ground in an effort to find him.

However, while you pick up a few other minor magics (mostly low level defenses such as Alarms) you don't detect this particular one again.


Female Human Sorcerer (fey bloodline), level 5; AC: 16; Hp: 30; CMD: 12 ; Fort: +9 Ref : +9 Will: +10 ; Perception +1; Concentration +12

*Yawns*. note to self, lets this kind of mission to the tielfins. - If Joriko is on sight Jo tell him (with the sign language) "Do you need any help, or I can go to take a walk?"


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

So, the thought of Disguising yourself wasn't one that interested you?


Jo know too few for that kind of action, she is not that brave. Besides Shie is more interested in the next mission :)...
But I do not know, maybe if her partners could tell her something about what is happening inside.


Male Oni-Spawn Tiefling Bruiser 5 - HP 44/51/[56/63]; AC 21[19] (touch 20[18]; flat-footed 18[16]); CMD 31[31]; DR 3/-; Fort +8 [+10], Ref +9; Will +9 [+11]; Darkvision, Scent. Perception +12; Sense Motive +14; Initiative +5.

You know this is one those moments where acting somewhat out of character could help. Jo is pretty smart, why isn't she thinking "You know, these guys help me make money... And they usually stand between me and things that are trying to kill me, maybe helping them is a good idea".

Just saying...


Nah I think Jo will betray you and join charles team :)
More seriously, f Jorriko and korak insist in the stealthy route Jo really do not have a way to help them (No spell, no skill to help with that), and the "disguise" option is almost suicidal due to Jo being alone (cause you are not that good disguising yourselves) and her compete ignorance of how a srvant is supposed to act.
We probably first need to recolect more information first and device a better strategy.


M Tiefling Dark Stalker 4
Nicos wrote:

Nah I think Jo will betray you and join charles team :)

More seriously, f Jorriko and korak insist in the stealthy route Jo really do not have a way to help them (No spell, no skill to help with that), and the "disguise" option is almost suicidal due to Jo being alone (cause you are not that good disguising yourselves) and her compete ignorance of how a srvant is supposed to act.
We probably first need to recolect more information first and device a better strategy.

Have you thought about adapting your concept a bit? We do end up with quite a lot of sneak and slice types of jobs. Maybe toss a few points in stealth and get a cloak and boots of elven kind, maybe learn vanish and a 0 lvl dmg spell. Minor changes that can really improve your versatility. I even thought about taking a few social skills just so I'm not completely useless in that area.

Recognizing some need for a healer, I am taking more cleric powers next lvl instead of raw melee power. You might get a lot out of dervish dance and the dervish of dawn's inspire courage buff. You would only have to use it in a pinch, but you could come along with us a bit more


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

Pretty sure the "acting like a servant" bit is covered by Disguise (mannerisms and etc.). As well, it's not like you'd be alone for the whole mission...you can just meet up with the other two however they get in (likely in a way that they get hurt doing, but eh.)


M Tiefling Dark Stalker 4
Rynjin wrote:
Pretty sure the "acting like a servant" bit is covered by Disguise (mannerisms and etc.). As well, it's not like you'd be alone for the whole mission...you can just meet up with the other two however they get in (likely in a way that they get hurt doing, but eh.)

Btw, I figured we would come in through the tower and (potion on) feather fall our way down. At 50gp a peice, I figure it's the best bet.


Male Human Monk 5 (Qinggong Master of Many Styles from the Sacred Mountain)/Fighter (Brawler) 3

That'll work. You'll need to make some Acrobatics checks to make sure you go far enough, but you should be able to make that. Even if you don't, unless you fail by 10 or something you'll probably still land on the top of the wall.


Male Oni-Spawn Tiefling Bruiser 5 - HP 44/51/[56/63]; AC 21[19] (touch 20[18]; flat-footed 18[16]); CMD 31[31]; DR 3/-; Fort +8 [+10], Ref +9; Will +9 [+11]; Darkvision, Scent. Perception +12; Sense Motive +14; Initiative +5.

Well... The other mission requires more social skills than Korak has, although I suppose he could pretend to be a bodyguard or som such. At least he could walk around unarmed without any problem.

Can I grab the 3pp feat that gives me an extra skill point? Then I can put some ranks in Bluff :)


M Tiefling Dark Stalker 4
Korak Fists of Fury wrote:

Well... The other mission requires more social skills than Korak has, although I suppose he could pretend to be a bodyguard or som such. At least he could walk around unarmed without any problem.

Can I grab the 3pp feat that gives me an extra skill point? Then I can put some ranks in Bluff :)

As far as the other job goes: we are next to Cheliax. A noble woman with two demon blooded attendants would probly be a symbol of noteriety.


Jorriko Krail wrote:
As far as the other job goes: we are next to Cheliax. A noble woman with two demon blooded attendants would probly be a symbol of noteriety.

Not exactly, you need devil blood. if someebody know enough about this kind of stuff and disvocer you are oni-spawnthere codl be a proble, although is a longshot.

And sorry, but I probably can not post in the evening-night cause I have to take a flight and then travel by land

Rynjin wrote:
Pretty sure the "acting like a servant" bit is covered by Disguise (mannerisms and etc.). As well, it's not like you'd be alone for the whole mission...you can just meet up with the other two however they get in (likely in a way that they get hurt doing, but eh.)

Disguise help to mimic but I need to nowwhat to mimic. And particulary to do that Jo need to have some idea of what are the duties of that servants

751 to 800 of 2,066 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Myrial, City of Rogues Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.