Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Motteditor's Witchwar Legacy PBP (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


351 to 400 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Lefty will puzzle with Raulzig about the throne.

arcana: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (8) + 29 = 37

history: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Looking around for inscriptions, runes, etc.

perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

They're +2 breastplates.

Raulzig, you don't think you've heard any stories that mention the throne, but you do notice one of the throne’s foot manacles has been removed, leaving five others.

The throne radiates strong abjuration magic: You believe it is surrounded by an antimagic field.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

Krokod decides to heal himself a bit, muttering something about sticks.

CLW: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
CLW: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16


"This throne seems to suppress all magic. Looks like it was designed to confine someone very powerful, who then broke free together with one of the manacles. I would advise to stay away from it. Are there any other exits?"
Raulzig will start scouring the perimeter of the room for secret doors.
Perception: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (1) + 34 = 35


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Lefty will try to help, though he's no match for the sharp-eyed gnome.

perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25

Could this be where Koschtchie was held? The anti-magic effect may have been used to suppress his powers so he couldn't just pop out of his bonds. These creatures may have been his guardians. Or his victims.

The thought of looking for an angry demon god with a half millennium-long grudge to settle makes the elf a little uneasy.

There may be a trail of some sort. Whatever was here has taken its leave.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

You don't find any hidden ways, but there are doors to the north and east.

However, the story Raulzig remembered did not have Koschtchie ever in the Veil.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

D'oh! Forgot that. More likely the witch queen Tashanna, then? That's not real comforting either, if that's the case.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

bump


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Dots are still spotty. Bump ag'in.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

I think we should look for tracks. Ryarg, would you do the honors? Once we have a path to follow, I'll take the lead again. Traps have a way of popping up when they're not expected.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

"They wouldn't be very effective traps if they didn't I think." A chuckle.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Lefty chuckles, too. Well, if you'd like to go ahead and look for traps in utter darkness, be my guest. I'll stay here and hide behind the rest of you like a proper wizard.


Ryarg flares his nostrils at the "proper wizard" comment, then turns his nose to the ground.

Survival: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (2) + 30 = 32

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

The tracks lead to a door to the north, opening up to an area where a natural fissure has formed in the ice of the waterfall where it meets the stone of the cliff face, climbing to a height of 160 feet.

The rock face itself is broken by a series of shallow, natural terraces covered by only a few feet of ice. The ice is transparent enough to see the blackened corpses of hundreds of human warriors manacled to the cliff face. Many of the manacles hang empty or hold only the dismembered remnants of limbs. In some places, the ice has actually been chipped away to expose the rock wall, and the exposed manacles hang empty —- their previous occupants conspicuously absent.


Sorry for the absence, I'm back
"Wow. Just... wow. I knew that the village was magically frozen, but seeing it is another matter entirely... This sends even more chills through my spine, even though it's chilly here by itself."
Raulzig inspects the wall, checking if there is a way to climb up the cliff face.
Perception: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (12) + 34 = 46
"And those people who were torn away from here - I wonder who needed their bodies and for what purpose... Though maybe I'd prefer not to know."


Using a claw, Ryarg scratches "Food" in the ice and begins looking for an easy way up for two bears.

17-level wealth, and you'd think I'd have thought about some flight for the bear!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

The crevasse actually leads about 300 feet down. You could climb, but you think it will be very difficult -- possibly impossible for Bern.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

Reading what Ryarg has written, Krokod frowns,"A most disturbing thought."


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Calm down, Ryarg. What's "food," compared to what isn't, changes rapidly.

Lefty will float up, taking 10 (30) on perception, moving invisibly @ 40' base speed. At the end of his move, he casts detect undead, and looks up.

Arcane sight next round, unless something else happens.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

As you float over the ice to the crevasse, shadowy arms emerge from the wall. One of them touches Lefty, apparently not hampered by the elf's invisibility, and he feels his strength desert him. 8 pts. Strength damage

Though other arms are visible emerging from the walls of the room, they don't seem to move toward the other four of you.

Feel free to roll your Initiative if you want to move into combat.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
1d8 ⇒ 8


Raulzig reflexively jumps backwards and draws his crossbow upon seeing the arms. Not being able to see Lefty, he cries out "Hey Lefty, can you see it? get back here!"


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

init: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28

Oh, *#^%! Lefty will fly to a space where no arms can reach him, and head back to his friends. He'll turn visible. I'm feeling weak, all of a sudden.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

Init": 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
"Make way..." Krokod manages to sputter before he is once again speaking in the tongue of fire.
Krokod chants and lets loose a fireball at the arms when his friends seem out of range.

10d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 1, 2, 2, 1, 6, 5, 5) = 33
Ref DC 22 for half. Also Burning Magic (Su): Whenever a creature fails a saving throw and takes fire damage from one of your spells, it catches on fire. This fire deals 1 point of fire damage per spell level at
the beginning of the burning creature’s turn. The fire lasts for 1d4 rounds, but it can be extinguished as a move action if the creature succeeds at a Ref lex save (using the spell’s DC).
Dousing the creature with water as a standard action grants a +2 bonus on this save, while immersing the creature in water automatically extinguishes the fire. Spells that do not grant a save do not cause a creature to catch on fire.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

As the smoke from the fireballs clear, they seem to have no effect, as the arms continue to grasp and reach, though again none of them seem to be moving toward anyone but Lefty.

Just waiting for Ryarg/Bern then we'll go into initiative for the next round.

Initiatives:
Krokod: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Lefty: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Raulzig: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Ryarg: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Antagonist: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Ryarg and Bern have nothing currently available to combat shadowy arms that wither your strength at a touch. Since they don't seem to be coming at them at the moment, he's content to wait for the spell slingers to do their thing.

He does growl slightly, however, when the fireball seems to have no effect.

This would be a great time to spam 1d4+2 lantern archons, but alas, they're only on the summon monster list.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

So, the arms are crawling up the wall?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

They're emerging from the ice, but seem to be able to reach anywhere in the room.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

I can dimension door us all past these things. Can we see a path forward?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Only the crevasse leading down or the door back the way you came from.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

Krokod curses in Ignan

Spoiler:
"Is EVERYTHING in this dungeon fire or magic resistant?"


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

So, we have no idea how deep it is? Just trying to see if a d.d. is possible.

If they're moving, do we have to move way back to the other room, or do we have a few rounds before we get drained?


Raulzig can do some lantern archons with Summon Monster VI. Maybe together with Lefty we can even get them to fuse. But what did you have in mind for them?


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

We could just teleport to where we want to go and leave these things alone. I just need a few rounds to scout it out astrally or ethereally.

Taking 10 on religion for 23. What are they?


Good call. Raulzig will rummage through his assorted knowledge too.
Bardic knowledge: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

Bypassing these suckers is fine by me.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Lefty, you could not see the bottom of the crevasse. You believe it's some sort of haunt, but you suspect you're not going to have time to really take a look before the arms attack you again.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

I've used overland flight to retreat. I'll move 40' more, airborne, and find a place to use a standard, and activate the robe.

If that doesn't work, I'll move again and cast a spell.

Could be a haunt. Figure it out, guys. I'll be back in a few.

*poof!*

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Not sure what you're doing with the robe. Also, when you say retreat, are you backing out of the room back to where the negative elemental was?


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10
motteditor wrote:
Not sure what you're doing with the robe. Also, when you say retreat, are you backing out of the room back to where the negative elemental was?

In that direction, anyway. Not sure as to distance or how far or where I've moved. I'd certainly move so as to not get touched again.

Robe of stars:

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Ah, sorry. Got confused by the bold Hornet and didn't realize the robe was listed after it. Couldn't figure out what you were activating.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

I have so much stuff, I forget what I'm activating...lol

The astral plane is kinda murky (p. 440). I'm hoping to move down the crevasse without being touched again, and spotting an egress at the bottom. I'll calculate the distance, and d. door us all to that area.

If I can't spot it astrally, I'll use my bonded item to go ethereal. Unless, of course, the other guys figure out how to get rid of the haunt, or whatever it is.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Let me know what everyone else is doing while Lefty's going astral.


Raulzig Turfoodle II wrote:
Raulzig can do some lantern archons with Summon Monster VI. Maybe together with Lefty we can even get them to fuse. But what did you have in mind for them?

Just that the light rays would probably be effective against the shadowy arms is all.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

It depends on what Lefty can see on the Astral plane. If he can see a route, we're good. If not, he has to go ethereal, which costs him his free spell for the day. We need to get past this, and keep moving, IMO. He'll have to cast D.Door twice. Lucky for us, he can. If planar magic doesn't work in here, he burns a little magic that won't help, anyway.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

Krokod will stand watch so to speak.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Lefty uses his ring to cast Ethereal Jaunt, and has 16 rounds to find the route before becoming Astral again.

Don't know why I didn't make some scrolls. Oh, well.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Lefty, the crevasse leads about four hundred feet down, to a low grotto carved through the core of the vast ice formation. The walls, floor, and fifteen-foot-high ceiling are irregular and rough-hewn, but smoothed as if by melting and refreezing. A cold mist fills the air, making it difficult to see in this labyrinth of ice tunnels.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

[dice=perception]1d20+20[dice]

It's unlikely that there are any traps, magic or otherwise, he can detect across the planes, but the plucky elf takes a round to see what he sees, not needing to concentrate to use arcane sight to note any magic auras. That's unlikely, too.

2/16 rounds? I assume he moved there the 1st round?

Next round, he'll float on in. Gotta teleport past the obvious traps, if it can be done in here. Astral plane seems to work okay. If not, we got problems! LOL


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Let's roll that perception right. 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29


Raulzig will observe the tentacles for a while, and if he concludes they are not aggressive, he will attempt to backtrack and see if there were any other pathways they have missed. He will use the right-hand rule and leave markings on the floor every 30 feet to trace his route, until he finds a door or passage they have not been to.

351 to 400 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Witchwar Legacy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.